[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you running a high fantasy wrestling league campaign?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: Hulkamania.jpg (27KB, 635x481px) Image search: [Google]
Hulkamania.jpg
27KB, 635x481px
Why aren't you running a high fantasy wrestling league campaign?

The Hulkster's in the house
>>
>>48763957
Because he buries everyone and will stop my push.
>>
File: 1463889892007.gif (1MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1463889892007.gif
1MB, 500x250px
>>48763957
>>
>>48763982

/v/ plz leave
>>
Because combat would be the meat of it and I don't know of any pre-existing systems that would make the combat engaging.

Legend of the Five Rings?
>>
>>48763957
Because wrestling is shit.
>>
>>48766240
I'm about to snap a slim Jim because you can't see me,brother! And when I come out of nowhere to let hulk-a-mania loose your time will be up and my time will be now,brother!
>>
>>48763957
Honestly, while Darksun games tend to be a bit grim derp, playing straight up expies for various wrestlers is a great way to have fun as a Gladiator

>Ooo, Quaaaabone is reeeeeaaaady!
>>
>>
File: Krovek.png (382KB, 712x292px) Image search: [Google]
Krovek.png
382KB, 712x292px
>>48763957
Cute.

Nigga, one of the players at my table made a dwarf gladiator that wrestled so much shit down, he became the king of gladiators! He also has a morning star instead of his right hand.

He built a Las Vegas of arenas, where one can see galleys fighting sea serpents hundred of miles away from the sea, dogs versus a man with an arm tied behind his back, clowns fighting with socks full of soap, giants wrestling golems. He gets a cut of all the bets, and is one of the most wealthy citizens of the whole empire.

I'm proud of him.
>>
>>48766675
>Ooo, Quaaaabone is reeeeeaaaady!

Made me laugh
>>
>>48763957
I didn't make a direct wrestler, but in a Cthulu Invictus campaign, I made a Gladiator character and I played him as being a very hammy, larger than life personality in the same vein as modern professional wrestlers, even had him advertise his sponsors(which was something real gladiators actually did)

I'm pretty sure he was trained in wrestling though
>>
>>48766068
I invoke the grapling rules!
>>
>>48763957
I told you. This campaign is racing, the next campaign is wrestling.
>>
I'm sure I could make some system with a lot of different ways to grab dudes, and maybe add some sort of taunting/crowd powers in the mix, but more than anything I just don't really care about wrestling. I will say I've seen way too many people who think making a luchador or wrestler in some unrelated genre is clever though

Really the only things about that sort of thing I liked as a kid was the soap opera bullshit they did between matches. If I could go back and watch all of that with all the actual wrestling cut out that could be kind of fun
>>
File: 1438047119569.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438047119569.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>48763957
because linear warriors, quadratic wizards
>>
>>48768273
Wrestlers aren't martial. They're divine. They try to appease the gods to get good booking. The gods decide who gets pushed, the gods decide who gets buried, brother.
>>
There is an rpg called World Wide Wrestling. It's apparently pretty good and it's for playing as professional wrestlers
>>
>>48766342
It's shiiiiiiiiiiiit.
>>
>>48768950
sacred fist grappling build?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>48763957

I played this wrestling game. It is simple and lots of fun! You actually make up your own wrestler along with their moves.
>>
File: 1458345648545.jpg (37KB, 287x522px) Image search: [Google]
1458345648545.jpg
37KB, 287x522px
>>48763957
>not running a game where a group of hulksters take down a corrupt media group
>As the final boss uses his terrible powers of lies and manipulation to turn the party against each other, the GM plays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guG9cVs3ms4
>Hulk Hogan is on the sidelines
>He smiles at the party, and makes a after you gesture
>the spell is broken and the fight begins
>>
>>48763957
last time we did i suplexed the dm into the next dimension. took forever to get him back
>>
>>48768950
I pray to the Promoter for a goodly gimmick.

Booked be my brothers. Hurricanrana'u Armdrag. Alaikum Sabu.
>>
>>48770908
I haven't had the chance to run it yet, but it looks fun.
>>
>>48773146
I think it nails it.
>>
>>48768950

No no, Wrestlers are clearly Druids, they worship the environment of the Ring, care for and respond to the will and needs of the Crowd from which they draw their powers, and protect and manage their sacred space of The Locker-room from interlopers and heel shenanigans.
>>
>>48773146
>Players create the roster

Now this is an AW clone I can get behind.
>>
I played The Squared Circle a few years ago
The setting was basically a worked-shoot
>ex-con turned professional wrestler who goes by "The Pied Piper"
>gimmick is hitting people with a lead pipe and making lead poisoning jokes
>finish is an STO I call "The Shower Scene"

Every event went as follows
>DM "You find yourself in a dark hallway-"
>"So, my locker room?"
>DM "Yes"

Then I would kidnap my opponent and release him the day of the event and claim ignorance as to his location over the past week

I had the Undertaker's "lights go out" power and I would hit people with the pipe

One event I had was in a Hell in a Cell type match with burning tables outside the ring I hit a guy with an STO off the top of the cell into the pile of flaming tables and the match was ruled a No Contest because we were both practically dead

I was later fired for crossing the boss
>>
>>48763957
Because it would require a fantasy ruleset with decent grappling rules.
>>
>>48774530
>Pied Piper
>pipe gimmick
>never hit with a pie

Missed opportunity
>>
>>48777941
The guy who ran the game went to the Navy and I haven't heard from him since
>>
>>48773146

Downloading~~
>>
>>48763957
[Incomprehensible rambling about the nature of the universe] HOAK HOGAN [vague blabbering about the duality of human nature] *SKRONK* [unsollicited opinion about Israel]
>>
Because in pokemon D&D our Orc Barbarian is already the ultimate Trainer; I don't think we can handle the hilarity of him playing Ulty in another campaign.
>>
>>48763957
Because the grappling rules always suck?
>>
>>48766051
All forms of shitposting are welcome on /tg/, just look at the catalog at any time of day.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.