[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I Always been curious about this picture is this some rogue Astartes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: dsm8A.jpg (421KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
dsm8A.jpg
421KB, 2880x1800px
I Always been curious about this picture is this some rogue Astartes who simply decide to Join the Greater good or some kind of Robotic experiment in an attempt to recreate the Astartes.
>>
It's just an example of the battle brothers rules. They are fighting Tyranids, so it's best to be fighting together.
>>
>>48746010
That picture actually is not official 40k art.

It's made by the same guy who does the Horus Heresy novel covers, but it's something he just made up as a fan picture, so there's no actual official reason.

>>48746026
Is as good an explanation as any. When the nids come calling, it's wise to fight together.
>>
>>48746026
Except the Astartes has a Tau jump-pack? on his armor.
>>
>>48746010
>shark nid head in the bottom right
>>
What the fuck do you mean the artist has a backstory to this.

>Humans decide to make Astartes armor for disabled
>Mechcanicus declares techheresy
>humans go to tau
>the facility where the armor was being produced gets attacked by space marines and they get fucked by it
>then gets attacke by tyranids
>>
>>48746082

He was always a little more Space Wolf than Ultramarine.
>>
>>48746010
That's not an official picture, like at all. It's entirely fan-made and non-canonical.

IIRC he also did another diagram detailing this armor, and it was actually a highly-advanced drone of some kind to act as heavy shock infantry alongside Tau warriors.
>>
>>48746010
Tyranids, Space Marines needed new paint and jump pack the Tau were the only ones that could deliver; they shall remove both once the battle is over and never speak of it again.

I think the bigger question is what Chapter would be willing to do this?
>>
>>48746581
Correct.

He's gone on to do official art now though, but this is just some fanon stuff he did. Here's the little fluff he did.

http://ukitakumuki.deviantart.com/art/PHOBOS-TACTICA-40K-303084986

http://ukitakumuki.deviantart.com/art/Hammerhead-Down-40K-315545763
>>
>>48746010
>>
>>48746191
Why am I imagining a series where and Ultramarine Sergent has to constantly cover for one of his men doing very un-ultramarine things

>"Excuse me brother Sergent but is Titus riding on the back of a Rhino dual wielding flamers"
>"He-um- always was a bit more of a Salamander"

>Brother Sergent is Titus wearing a jump pack and lightning claws to ambush the enemy
>He has a Raven Guard brother"
>...I don't think that is how that works si-
>Shut up Septimus and get back to work

>Brother Sergent is that-
>YES SEPTIMUS THAT IS BROTHER TITUS STABBING A HERETIC OVER AND OVER AND DRINKING IT'S BLOOD! HE HAS A COUSIN IN THE BLOOD ANGELS!
>>
>>48754179
>cousin in the blood angels

I'm now imagining a reality tv show about a space marine family, a cousin or brother in every chapter, all living together in a flat on Holy Terra.
>>
>>48754221
Ultramarine
>Why in THrone is the apartments
furniture moved around
Imperial Fist
>It is more fortified this way
Ultramarine
>The apartment set up manual clearly states it is fine the way it was. and why are there dogs on my couch
Space Wolf
>Well it is winter outside, they would freeze
Ultramarine
>YOU LIVE ON A PLANET THAT IS LITERALLY WINTER ALL YEAR ROUND!
Dark Angel throws open door
>Do you guys mind! I am working here!
Space Wolf
>On what
Dark Angel
>NOTHING! ONLY HOLY WORK! SHUT UP! *slams door*
Ultramarine
>This day cannot get worse
Blood Angel bursts in in Death Company armor
>Guys it happened again!
*que Seinfeld bass slap*
>>
>>48754287
>Blood raven comes in, immediately opens fridge and begins eating while using Ultra Marine's knives to shave.
>>
>>48756115
>"Oh, I wouldn't like to impose."
>"Nonsense, we're neighbors, whats mine is yours."
This works way too well.
>>
>>48746010
Its fan art so its probably some Tau masturbating to the Greater Good either making their own space marines or convincing a chapter to join.
>>
>>48754221
>I'm now imagining a reality tv show about a space marine family, a cousin or brother in every chapter, all living together in a flat on Holy Terra.
The heresy had several marines apparently exchanged between chapters. Sigismund got his chaining your weapons up from the World Eaters.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.