[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the Emperor, beloved by all, simply store all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1427652231261.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1427652231261.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
Why didn't the Emperor, beloved by all, simply store all the DAoT tech data at his base on Terra? Surely he had access to at least some of it or power to obtain more if needed?
>>
Weren't techpriest paranoid shitters even back then or is my history wrong?
>>
>>48743952

You misunderstand how they lost it all.

It didn't all just disappear overnight; It was squandered, stolen, defaced, buried, cannibalized, corrupted...

And that's not even getting into the traps, curses and defenses placed on the material itself: There are still techpriests who go on expeditions throughout Mars, and never return, often dying with the secrets of the golden age quite literally at hand.

They did save the priorities; which is why we still have civilization, but it's the little miracles that slipped out of our hands. It would be assumed things like conversion weapons would be lost rather easily, but tt would be centuries before someone realized that there were no complete STCs for hover-vehicles left in the known imperium.

Imagine the collapse of the Soviet Union and the burning of Alexandria magnified across a million stars.
>>
>>48744880
In hindsight, what would have happened if the Emperor pulled off some godlike shenanigans and decided to do a "Crusade" into Mars.

Sending in armed scientific expeditions, possibly led by the best third party tech experts independent of the Tech Priests, or otherwise using force of authority to bend the tech priests to his will to uncover and restore every last secret Mars had to offer.
>>
>>48745360
>what would have happened if the Emperor pulled off some godlike shenanigans and decided to do a "Crusade" into Mars.

Every other forgeworld would be wary of trusting the Emperor and he wouldnt have an empire of techpriests bent on working for his armies 24/7.
>>
>>48745426
Easily solved by yet more PR visits.

Has there ever been a planet with a population that didn't inherently trust the Emperor once he showed them some godly shine?
>>
>>48743952

I'm pretty sure that when the Emperor showed himself fully circa M 29-30, most of the DAoT stuff had already been lost, but I'm hardly an expert on 40k lore.
>>
>>48745448
Well the mechanicus were rather dogmatic in their belief in the omnissiah *coughvoiddragoncough*
The emperor was more or less mechajesus to them, since he was just super awesome with tech, rather than a literal godlike figure to them.
Probably something to do with the brain augments
>>
>>48745473
He should have came sooner
>>
I've always thought it's really fucking stupid that all the STCs were lost. When you have a COMPLETE FUCKING RECORD OF ALL HUMAN KNOWLEDGE which were apparently mass produced you keep at least one or preferrably a few thousands very close to your side and never let it go and make damn sure it's kept intact
>>
>>48745602

Shit god bad, yo
>>
>>48745502
say 2k16
>>
File: Desperation.jpg (74KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Desperation.jpg
74KB, 250x250px
>>48743952
>Surely he had access

He also had people. It's not like Sim City where the mayor actually drives the steamroller so his road projects get done. IRL, mayors have people for that. In 40k, all the tech and data were broken and corrupted because the Emprah was busy Emprin' and His people were public union employees.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.