[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Regiment s_of_Renown So Regiment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Gryphites.jpg (541KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gryphites.jpg
541KB, 1920x1080px
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Regiments_of_Renown

So Regiments of Renown are coming to Total War: Warhammer (details about there extensive system in the link), what ones do /tg/ want in the game? (Apparently there's going to be eighteen of them at the start. 9 for empire. 9 for the other factions)
>>
>>48740940
I want hot pot catapult, nuln handgunners, ricco's republic guard and the birdmen
>>
File: Dogs of War.jpg (456KB, 888x1220px) Image search: [Google]
Dogs of War.jpg
456KB, 888x1220px
>Each regiment is inspired by the time we’ve spent pawing through the many rule, army and campaign books from 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy Battles, so table top players especially may see some familiar names in there.

>the two examples are no-name losers

Sorry>>48740994, we're going to have to wait for modders to get the actual Dogs of War
>>
>>48742196
>we're going to have to wait for modders to get the actual Dogs of War
but we don't have proper modding tools yet
>>
File: Averland.png (115KB, 216x234px) Image search: [Google]
Averland.png
115KB, 216x234px
>>48740940
Wouldn't mind those Averland archers, the special mountain guard they have. Cant remember what they were called.
>>
>>48743360
And we won't for a long time.
>>
>>48740994
Seconding the Birdmen. Also the undead, and Pirazzo.
>>
>>48740940
So what does this DLC give that mods haven't already given me?
>>
File: heraldry.png (841KB, 509x665px) Image search: [Google]
heraldry.png
841KB, 509x665px
I found this with 30 seconds googling:

https://issuu.com/mag_white/docs/uniforms___heraldry_of_the_empire_by_c

Maybe some of the regiments for the empire are from this? Carroburg Greatswords, at least, are likely. Volkmar the Grim is probably not the last LL for the empire so we could see more units.

From the TW forums speculation is that the pack includes Volkmar the Grim, Arch lector with War Altar mount, Kragg the Grim, Runelord with Anvil of Doom mount & Flagellants. No new dwarf unit, but 9 regiments of renown to go with the 9 for the empire. Sounds reasonable, so long as it's cheap.
>>
>>48743787
Official endorsement from CA, meaning multiplayer compatibility. And if you're lucky better models and animations.
You didn't want DLC cancer ? You picked the wrong game.
>>
>>48743787
Not a lot, except new animations for whatever new units end up being in it.

Speaking of mods, I thought this was interesting
"The new Regiments of Renown recruitment system and interface is open to modding, so it’ll be interesting to see how people make use of it – not just for adding other more famous units, but other possibilities too perhaps."

From the blog entry. Odd phrasing, maybe the patch to go with this will improve modding tools?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.