[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you say would be the traits of a tabletop game intended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: gengpcllhyuxiiyssjqq.jpg (128KB, 1135x541px) Image search: [Google]
gengpcllhyuxiiyssjqq.jpg
128KB, 1135x541px
What would you say would be the traits of a tabletop game intended to simulate the aesthetic of video games like God of War, Gears of War, Doom or the newer Wolfenstein games?
>>
>>48720050
the original gears of war was mostly about sitting in cover forever taking pot shots and being bored. Eventually you tired of it and started exploiting the bad ai and hid around a corner with the chainsaw.

the new doom is about running around like 4 year old blasting apart everything in your way

they were very different
>>
>>48720050
You mean overly macho guys with absurdly overdesigned weapons blowing apart enemies to messy chunks while trying to avoid a similar fate themselves?

Dark Heresy, easy.
>>
Deathwatch. You can punch humans to death. I think you get an ability where you can double a stat once a day, and can punch to death a hive tyrant, but I'm not so sure.

Also, you fight lesser creatures as a swarm, so there's that 1 VS many thing.

You also get miniatures to use
>>
>>48720138
Wouldn't Deathwatch fit be-
>>48720162
Oh, okay
>>
>>48720050
What's God of War got to do with the three others?
>>
>>48720162
You can also get so strong you can throw a terminator so far up into the air that the fall damage will kill him.
>>
>>48720241
Wouldn't that have to be, like, high orbit?
>>
>>48720178
I kinda lump them all under Dark Heresy mentally, Deathwatch was specifically what I meant.
Though I did play an Only War game that ended up feeling very Gears-ish.
>>
>>48720260
Not in Deathwatch, where fall damage ignores armour.
>>
>>48720260
Depends on who's writing, obviously.
>>
>>48720290
Aren't they designed to be dropped from spaceships, though?
>>
>>48720746
No
>>
>>48720746
In drop pods. You're thinking SPARTAN-IIs.
>>
>>48720746
no, they teleport from spaceships.
>>
>>48720960
If you take that option
>>
>>48720746
No, that's drop pods.
A marine with a jump pack can be dropped from a thunderhawk gunship, but that is a very different thing from a spaceship in 40k.
>>
>>48720050
fast, shooty, brutal executions, lethal, cover is important (or speed)
>>
>>48720182
Similar case of testosterone poisoning, similar fascination with ultra gory finishing moves.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.