[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which warhammer fantasy race would be the best antagonist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: warhammer fantasy.jpg (190KB, 689x517px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer fantasy.jpg
190KB, 689x517px
Which warhammer fantasy race would be the best antagonist in an action RPG?
>>
File: 1469968109120.png (175KB, 1016x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1469968109120.png
175KB, 1016x1060px
>>48708748
Greenskins.

They were always designed to be the main atagonist to everyone and would fill that role perfectly.
>>
Chaos, because of one word: versatility.

A proper action RPG presents you with a variety of situations that you can resolve in a variety of ways. For example, maybe you'll meet that ravening enemy horde at the gates with axe in hand. Or maybe you'll blow them to bits from the battlements with cannon fire. Or maybe they never show up, because you strangled their leader in his tent last night.

Chaos supports this style of gameplay by having almost unlimited angles from which it can come at you. It can be sneaky and insidious, with cultists hiding among the regular population. It can be in your face, with Norse warriors bearing down screaming for blood. It can be creepy and suspenseful, with demons skulking through mutated terrain sniffing for your blood. This versatility allows the developers pretty much free reign to design challenges for the player to face, which in turn gives the player a lot of freedom in dealing with them. Plus with Chaos it's clear from word one what the stakes are. Their gods are dicks who want to eat the world in which you live, and if you fuck up that's just what they'll do. A nice solid engine to drive the conflict.

This isn't to say that other factions can't work in this role, but they each have a narrower flavor that requires a certain type of game. For example, Skaven or Vampire Counts would be good antagonists in a game with more horror themes, where it's just you and your wits versus the skittering darkness. Lizardmen or Tomb Kings would suit a game with a mystery focus, ducking a hostile race amid ancient ruins while you unravel their inscrutable plans. And of course Greenskins are your BioWare villains, an unnumbered horde of one-dimensional dicks whose role is mainly to be a big sword hanging over your head while you piss around looking for sidequests. And while each is good in its role, Chaos can fill any of them with minimal effort.
>>
>>48708748
Chaos or Undead, Orks are a fun mini baddy but they are more a thorn in the empires side than a pressing immediate threat like the undead or chaos
>>
>>48708748
Bretonia
>>
File: images (65).jpg (8KB, 320x274px) Image search: [Google]
images (65).jpg
8KB, 320x274px
Beastmen. They are much more mythologically on point in biology anyway. (Bull heads, harpy wings, giants etc.) Besides that, they are quite literally "what lurks in the woods after dark" which is the original nightmare fuel for the humanity in whole.
>>
>>48709481
Chaos would actually be the best protagonist faction for an action RPG.
>>
>>48709810
You could have Chaos vs Chaos.
>>
>>48708748
Vampire Counts definitely
>>
>>48708748
Skaven are fun.
>>
My setting for this year's group is WHFB setting, but a bit tweaked
>Every single god battled, real hard.
>Chaos won, nurgle died, Slaanesh is real weak after crushing every eldar god, Khorne is in a berserker fury, Tzeentch is 10 times more powerful than before and decided to overpower dark eldars af in order to use them to dominate the whole world, causing an alliance of every other race

So here is my plot
Plotline 1
>Players have to survive being captured by !Not Malus Darkblade and join any faction they like for protection (2-3 first sessions)
Plot 2
>They get betrayed by their "allies" and have to uncover the tzeentchian corruption inside their faction (4-5 sessions)
Plot 3
>Players have to stop the machinations of the god of Just As Planned (Main course of the campaign)
Plot 4
>If they succeed, they now have to face an invasion from all the remaining forces of chaos (5 to Fuckton sessions)
Plot 5
>Everyone goes back to kill'em all mode, they'll eventually find some shit to do.

So I'd say, the best villain is "every race the characters aren't from, one after the other".

Also, would you please rate my setting /10 ?
>>
>>48709481
Vampire Counts are just as versatile as Chaos. Skaven too, though presentation is not as versatile.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.