[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's hear some character backstories, /tg/ >Be half-elf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

Let's hear some character backstories, /tg/

>Be half-elf
>Only son of half-elf parents, gardeners/herbalists in local town
>One day find gem with arcane powers, no one else believes it (thinks it's just a lump of coal)
>Work every kind of job in town, spend silver on books and materials to study
>Earn enough to pay entrance fee to wizard social club
>Enter, lie about family's class, claiming they're travelling the elemental planes
>Been lying through life ever since
>>
>>48699297
So basically this?
>>
>>48699297

>Grow up single daughter of anarchist parents running a goddamn travelling vaudeville carney show in a crapsack future

>Oh shit, another country invades

>Family dead

>Raped repeatedly

>Escape

>Eat dog food in a refugee camp

>Enlist

>Become mech pilot

>Somehow become first lieutenant 4 NO RAISIN

>fucking a sergeant

>"THE FEDDIE SCUM ARE PUTTING CHEMTRAILS IN THE AIR, GOTTA WATERBOARD MYSELF. HELP ME OUT HERE BABY, AND MAKE SURE I DON'T DROWN"
>>
>>48699469
Used that post as a basis for my character, yeah
>>
File: 555-COME-ON-NOW.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555-COME-ON-NOW.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>48699516
>Backstory that involves rape
>>
>>48699687

>this thing is a meme because shitty players can't be trusted to deal with difficult subject matter maturely

I trust my group, and they trust me to not be retarded.
>>
This is from a game in Ustalav using pathfinder. The other player had a character who just watched his ranger friend (dhampier from the same family as him) and my wizard die in a werewolf attack... Well my wizard didn't die... Some vampires showed up after the ranger died and saved us, my wizard was like, "nah, I wanna come with you, make me a vampire so I can read through your libraries."
Then he started to try to take charge of the village. Out of game I sat there saying things like, "Kevin, they are from ustalav, the book is called 'the rule of fear' show them fear and they will submit"
Needless to say he started intimidating them and scaring them. There is a whole story to that.

Born to an impressive warrior by the name of Jared Sevan, a body guard to (other players character's father), Tyler was told his whole life that he would serve that family. Tyler never had much a knack for fighting, despite his father's attempts to train him. Instead, Tyler prefered to listen to his mothers stories. When he reached adulthood his father set a day to present him to the family he would spend the rest of his life in service to. Tyler ran away that night and spent his next five years traveling around ustalav, learning the stories of the people and spending his time with easy women.
During his travels he stumbled onto a wounded cleric on the side of the road. He sat with the cleric and listened to his story. The man was Darbino Justice, cleric of Cayden. Tyler listened to his story and in turn told him a story of a man he had seen heal from far greater wounds, and Darbino healed. Darbino thanked him and bought him a drink in the next town. Over that drink he told Tyler that his father had fallen ill and that he should reconcile with him while he still could.
>>
>>48700106
Tyler returned home as quickly as he could and found that his father, while not fatally ill, was unable to act as a body guard. His father told him he had a different job, knowing that his son was not a fighter. He sent Tyler to (other players character) telling him that (other players character) had been losing touch with humanity. Tyler's job would be to help keep (other players character) in touch with humanity. His father revealed the secret of the family he had been protecting, the head of the family was a vampire, his son, a Dhampier. Tyler did as his father told him and rode off to find (other players character)
>>
>>48699297
I'm not sure I wanna post that on this board because the criticism on this board leans towards unhelpful, savage, brutal, and childish, rather than constructive. how unrelentingly brutal criticism that leans more towards harsh and savage than constructive.
>>
>>48699297
All my good backstories are for "Monster Characters" i want to play, but my friend who DMs says no because he doesnt want to have to deal with "bullshit characters"
>>
File: image.jpg (525KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
525KB, 1600x1600px
>>48699297
Here is my first proper character backstory besides "Dumb Fisherman Pally"
Pls r8
> Female Sylph
> Daughter of retired Gunslinger
> Takes his ancient broken pistol and leaves home
> makes fixing it almost a hobby
> settles in town where she steals from alchemist
> the speed and efficiency with which the police gather and disseminate information impresses her as a Sylph so much that she begs to be accepted into their ranks after her release
> works her way up to be second in command to Head Investigator
> Quest is her first big mission
> Begins working on her fathers pistol again after having forgotten about it
So yea, character is a Steel Hound Investigator. Personality wise
> Calm. Level Headed, Logical, Usually Maintains Neutral Expression
> Truthful, although insists to others that she was the victim of the robbery that started her career to save face
Pic somewhat unrelated
>>
>>48700565
Why did she leave home?
Why did she steal from alchemist?
Why did she forget about her father's pistol, seemingly the only memento she took from home, or atleast the only memento seemingly worth mentioning.
Why does the effciency of the police force impress her as a Sylph? Why does her race impact that perspective/opinion?

Just some questons to think about when fleshing it out. Cause maybe some of those answers are in a book or a wiki somewhere, but you're DM might not have read those aspects of said databases yet. And the DM shouldnt really have to.

Seems odd to me that the officers in a medieval setting would let a known criminal into their ranks. I think people were less forgiving about that shit in that kind of setting, considering people got their hands chopped off for stealing in medieval times in our world (i think, not 100% sure)

I don't know if you really need her to be a character who "Is Type1 and Type2 is their opposite but is impressed by Type 2, so they stop being Type 1 to be Type 2." Where in this case Type 1 = Criminal and Type 2 = Cop. It feels like a roundabout way to get her to be a cop.
>>
File: image.jpg (267KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 1000x1000px
>>48700738
she left home b/c it's in a Sylphs nature to do so. I only added this bit after reading in the race description that its a core element of their personality.
The guards let her join as her crime was fairly petty in the first place and the Head Investigator saw Great Things In Her Future
She forgot the gun mostly cause I have difficulty imaging someone failing to get a simple gun to work after several years. Story wise she forgot 'cause she was busy with her new life and most people lose touch with their childhoods to a degree as they mature.
She stole from the Alchemist as teens are dumb and teens with no parental control are morons.

I know it's a tad roundabout but I honestly feel it makes for a better story this way and not just
> Sylph joins police b/c likes the idea

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the input!
>>
>>48700866
Oh right also
> why does the efficiency of the police force impress her as a Sylph
They have a thing for gathering information, especially from crowds. I though that for a Sylph interrogations and piecing together evidence would be very much up their ally.

My typing is getting worse and worse, but it is very late.
>>
File: smoking_gorilla_110312_1256_1.jpg (364KB, 900x1253px) Image search: [Google]
smoking_gorilla_110312_1256_1.jpg
364KB, 900x1253px
A neo-hominid Chimpanzee. Had a Ph.D essentially in chemistry and nano-technology but got his fame as a celebrity chef and educator. When he and his then girlfriend, now wife, escaped from Earth he basically had to go into rep debt to the underworld to do it as most people gave piss all about uplifts even with his celeb status. When on Mars they managed to open up a resturant together but on the side he would use his skills to basically help manufacture drugs and run them building up his underworld status in the hopes of getting out of rep debt until he got caught up in a deal that involved Titan tech where everyone bursts into monsters and is saved by the undercover Firewall agent who has to burn the place with plasma. Since his original debt holder is now reduced to charred molecules he's pledged essentially to help this firewall agent as well as taking the chance to chase the dollar signs in his eyes to build up his resturant business and underworld business at the same time.

TLDR: Chimpanzee Alton Brown turns into a !Heisenburg
>>
Space Marine in a Dark Heresy game.

>Sergeant Darin Martok, 4th Squad, Third Company of the Red Storm Space Marine chapter.
>Part of initial Inquisitorial investigation of cult activity on his Chapter homeworld with the rest of his Chapter
>Originally seconded with his squad to babysit the Inquisitor while the rest of the Chapter met in the High Conclave. He does not like this.
>In the middle of the High Conclave, Word Bearers unleash a massive rebellion on the world, culminating in the creation of a Warp Rift that begins to spew Daemons into the middle of the Chapter Monastery
>Inquisitor and Martoks squad attempt to fight their way to orbit, where the Rogue Trader fleet who brought the Inq. here is duking it out with a Chaos fleet
>Daemons begin to pour out all across the world, and millions die in hours
>It's an absolutely horrific massacre, and Martok can hear his Chapter being cut to ribbons even as he is trying to fight his way to the Monastry
>Inquisitor compels him and his squad to get aboard his Thunderhawk, and he'll drop them off at the Monastery if they can
>They get to the Monastery and realize it's being completely and totally overrun by Daemons
>Nothing can be done
>The Thunderhawk flees to orbit, then the fleet jumps the hell out of there
>Planet deemed lost to the forces of Chaos, as well as all members of the Red Storm Chapter.
>Inquisitor tells him he can help him avenge his Chapter, and kill the Dark Apostle responsible for it
>He and his squad agree
>They track the Dark Apostle to a Hive World, and engage in a series of running battles with mutants and Chaos Marines, losing a battle-brother sporadically
>Final fight with Dark Apostle rolls around, it's just Martok left alive now
>They manage to beat the Apostle, but it is revealed he was working towards a greater aim than any of them know.
>Inquisitor offers him a choice: He be a distrusted Blackshield, or he can join the Inquisitor permanently as an Acolyte

So far it's working very well.
>>
She is the eldest daughter of a clan of undead exterminators with history dating back a few hundred years. Family tradition dictates that the mantle of responsibility is to be passed to the firstborn son, but that's a little difficult when you have seven daughters. Upon hearing that her dad is considering passing the mantle to his bum of a brother, (CHARACTER) runs off to (PLOT RELEVANT TOWN I FORGOT THE NAME OF) to enact her two part plan to win the right to head up the clan:
1) Do some serious undead exterminating in order to show that she's better than any and all of her relatives.
2) Make (DEITY FROM DM'S PANTHEON) happy enough that he/she sends a fine angel man down to be her husband and bring delicious celestial blood into the bloodline.
She's 19 years old, so that second step has a lot of hearts, arrows, and stars drawn around it.
>>
My character is a half orc barbarian. He is the son of a highland barbarian warrior, and a mountain orc thrall taken in a raid. He himself was a thrall until he was freed for saving the life of the chiefs second son on a boar hunt that went wrong. After some time among the tribe learning to fight and preparing he has left the clan and descended from the mountains to the low lands, seeking wealth so he can buy his mothers freedom. Picture a large half orc in furs and tartan with a pair of single sided war axes covered in woad war paint
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.