[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ DnD 5e General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 392
Thread images: 35

File: tumblr_mb1iajYfja1rdy3s5o1_500.png (193KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb1iajYfja1rdy3s5o1_500.png
193KB, 500x446px
Dungeons and Dragons 5e General
Kobold Wizard Edition

Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>Old Thread
>>48666850

Have you ever tried giving enemies class levels to spice up encounters? How has it worked out for you?
>>
>>48693563
Sure thing. I had a BBEG that was basically a high level Monk/Warlock of Kelemvor, but was being tricked by Cyric into turning away from his faith in exchange for power.

Anyways, the party barbarian definitely didn't shrug off Hex +Flurry of Blow shenanigans.

It was also a multi-tiered, "not-even-my-final-form" type fight that involved summoning shades that would grapple everyone but only had like 1 HP each that he could summon back to heal himself. Fun times.
>>
yep. did it with an adventuring party of orcs that trapped themselves in a dungeon after they realized that the ogres they came to parley with had been turned into zombies.

PCs found the orcs camped in a locked and trapped room, there was a mexican standoff and the PCs made the first attack. They were UNBELIEVABLY surprised when the rogue orc sneak attacked them and were terrified of an orc ranger. orc cleric of gruumesh was pretty meh same stats as the eye of grummesh (spelling?). they wound up killing half of the orcs, leaving the cowardly rogue orc and the cleric to live to tell the tale.
>>
>>48693563
In 5e? Not really. I've given them class features like spellcasting or divine smite, but this was done willy-nilly, not by actually giving them class levels.
>>
>>48693563
I just ran a low-level one-shot this weekend that involved a House Hunter (scaled down for a party of 1st and 2nd levels). It's main attacks were to use the patio and awning as a mouth to Bite, rip it's own smokestack off and use it as a weapon, or an Cone of Rapidly Fired Shingles AOE attack.
>>
File: sidekickbug.jpg (32KB, 550x585px) Image search: [Google]
sidekickbug.jpg
32KB, 550x585px
quick update. simplified the point costs on abilities like anon suggested. lowered total points as well to keep things in line. Thoughts, feedback?

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkaciQ1L
>>
>>48693563
I have tried, but they are usually too cruel to sic on the players. My favorite was a Marilith Oathbreaker 14/Assassin 3/Champion 3. A champion to her soldiers, she would utterly change the face of the battle whenever she 'ported in. 14 attacks rocking auto-crits and Smites will do that. More of a boss to fight after she has already wreaked havoc to ensure she doesn't strike again.

The only one I actually ended up using was a Glabrezu Tempest Cleric of Talos/Storm Sorcerer. 2X attacks with auto-grapples to trap the squishies, then Destructive Wave. Made the party actually use grapples to get the squishies to safety. They never ended up beating him, just caused him to flee after he ran low on spells...
>>
>>48693563
Nah. If I wanted to do that I'd just grab the most fitting features and throw them on instead of going through the whole character-building process.
>>
>>48693862
Pretty much. If I see an ability I like, I'll just add that in to whatever random NPC / monster if it makes sense.
>>
Anyone who would like to help fix the wording of the last sentence of Mind's Eye so that it meets the criteria outlined here >>48681032 would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking a verbal-wizard may be needed at this point, given I'm not a shabby writer and it's been absolutely confounding thus far. If you can figure it out I'd think you were quite the genius at this point.

>>48683681
Yeah - I'm having *terrible* trouble with it. It doesn't even prima facie seem like it would be that bad. What it's supposed to do is fairly simple - disadvantage on all mental saving throws against the next spell the warlock casts that forces mental saving throws from the creature. But using 5e's language to say that isn't working *at all*.

>>48683978
Virtually everything every warlock archetype does is mechanically unique you silly nerd.
>>
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HJtVb9Uw

Posting my fire themed Bard and Warlock class options.

College of the Phoenix
> Martial focused, battlefield buff / support.
> "Get in there and hit the damn thing."

Patron: Living Flame
> Fire / blaster based casting.
> wants to watch the world burn.
>>
>>48693862
>>48694069

Do you play with anyone who is a regular DM? And if so, do they ever give you that look that means "I see what you've done, here"?
We were in an encounter a few weeks back, and I noticed some goblins suddenly gained the ability to bonus-action disengage. I wanted to ask the DM if this is what he did, but I didn't know how to ask in a way that wouldn't sound smarmy.
>>
>>48694381
Goblins have a racial ability to disengage or hide as a bonus action already.
>>
>>48693563
I've buffed bandit captain's and cultist leaders but not by giving them class levels. It's something that could work depending on the situation though.
>>
>>48693563
Monsters and PCs are designed differently for a reason. Using classes for npcs is just a horrible idea. Totally inefficient, totally unnecessary.
>>
>>48694397
Oh. I stand corrected. Probably could've just looked that up and saved myself the thought. Oh well.
>>
So what new races have been confirmed so far for the new monster manual this November? The only ones I have heard thus far are aasimar, goblin, and some kind of cat folk. has Anything else been leaked or confirmed yet?
>>
>>48695066
From the official summary on WoTC's page, we know that Goblins, Orcs and Firbolgs (giant-kin from AD&D) will be in it.

A Podcast on Storm King's Thunder confirms Tritons (like merfolk, but with legs instead of a tail).

Twitter/Reddit have confirmed Catfolk and Aasimar.

That's it so far, as much as I know.
>>
>>48695193
Give me Kenku or give me death!
>>
In the 5th ed time line is the dragon god Io dead? I have found about 4-5story lines ans some say yes, some no...
>>
>>48693563
Pretty good. Honestly it makes my players shit themselves, which is nice because they have become pretty experienced over the last couple years.

A a troll levels in wizard swapped his strength and intelligence scored. They decided not to fuck with him. Good thing too, I didn't even calculate his CR.
>>
>>48693563

Anyone got any 5e third party pdf links I could have?
>>
>>48693633
this sounds awesome
I'm gonna steal it
>>
File: Durin's Bane.jpg (45KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
Durin's Bane.jpg
45KB, 500x328px
>>48694222
>Patron: Living Flame
>Not Calling it Secret Fire
>>
>>48694222
I like these, but how do i save from this site?
>>
>>48695263
M8, there's a whole mega for that
>>
>>48695193
thank you very much. I'm interested in playing as a firbolg or aasimar.
>>
Anyone manage to snag the Tome of Beasts and willing to share a link?
>>
>>48695990
>Tome of Beasts by Kobold Press
https://mega.nz/#!xIcw0JrS!e_WL2JWFEU7HN0DwK69F9J9MLoe7qv69qez0lDGPWUQ
>>
>>48695990
here fampai
>>48678805
>>
>>48696015
>>48696027
Thanks dudes, appreciate it
>>
File: feral_gargun.jpg (86KB, 366x460px) Image search: [Google]
feral_gargun.jpg
86KB, 366x460px
>>48695193
>>48695066
>>48695221
>you'll never again be able to play as a feral gargun
>>
>>48695224
Any fluff wizard?
>>
File: revised14.jpg (122KB, 659x720px) Image search: [Google]
revised14.jpg
122KB, 659x720px
Has anyone tried playing in Innistrad yet? I'm curious to give it a go. I dig gothic horror
>>
>>48695349
> Flame of Arnoth?

>>48695522
I would copy/paste or print to PDF if you can. Don't bookmark because these change regularly.
>>
>>48696402
>print to PDF
enlighten me, how do I do this? I tried "send to foxit reader" but it has blank pages and it cuts out after breath of flame
>>
File: MHRoC-Savage_Deviljho_Art_001.jpg (174KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MHRoC-Savage_Deviljho_Art_001.jpg
174KB, 833x1000px
What damage type would a Deviljho's breath weapon be?
>>
>>48696481
Necrotic
>>
>>48696015
Cheers mate
>>
>>48696496

I don't know, Necrotic doesn't feel right for dragon damage.
>>
>>48696671
A dragon whose damage eats away at your very lifeforce, effectively turning you into a lifeless corpse without even scarring you. You just dry up into a husk and are later resurrected as a skeleton.
>>
How many classes can you put on a character build and still be viable?
Out of curiosity, I don't really plan on being a fighter/druid/ranger/bard, I'm just curious.
>>
>>48696802
Why would you want to multiclass so much? It almost all cases you'll just make yourself strictly worse off than if you'd not done so.
>>
>>48696827
>I don't really plan on being a fighter/druid/ranger/bard, I'm just curious
How can you type if you can't read?
>>
>>48696802
>fighter/druid/ranger/bard

So a regular valor bard that multiclassed into circle of the land druid?
>>
>>48696802
There is some fun in theorycrafting with the DM to create a fun build from multiclassing. But, without proper communication and planning the general rule of thumb is that multi-classing will get you all of the drawbacks with none of the benefits.
>>
>>48696800

That doesn't sound like Deviljho at all. Why would it turn you into a skeleton when it'd much rather eat you.
>>
>>48696802
It depends on how you want to play. For example I never take more than 2 levels in another class if I am playing a caster because I like keeping my spells known at least within 1 level of where they should be.
>>
>>48696802

currently in a game and building thief rogue 17, fighter 1, diviner wizard 2, assuming we get to 20 anyway. I'll be taking th luck feat, and essentially the point is to have 5 dice a day that are a guaranteed success, or to throw at a bad guy to save my or my friend's skins. It also gives me a handful of cantrips which can't be bad. I'll still get my 2 turns at max level, and while stroke of luck is decent, elusive seems meh so I don't feel like I'll be losing much.
>>
>>48696920
Oh holy shit, that totally reminded me of what's going on in my campaign. I've been playing a dragonborn sorcerer whose only flavor has been that he's a sailor with natural draconic power that joins up with the party out of admiration of the paladin. The paladin is dead now, and the party has been planeswalking to all the realms without oceans so my character is absolute suffering and boredom.

So, I'm considering taking my level 8 sorcerer and multi-classing into paladin of devotion for level 9. I talked to the DM about it and we're still debating whether we will allow sorcerer slots or spell points into smite damage, and there will be some spell re-arranging to remove any necrotic damage.

My reasoning is that we're getting close to a very archetypal party structure with a fighter, rogue, bard and warlock and I feel like the warlock is better suited as the caster and I'd like to go literal tank with full plate, maybe a shield and additional magic buffs to make my AC ridiculous and then find some sort of taunt-y spells. And then smite.
>>
>>48696802

Maybe Paladin/Fighter/Rogue would work well for smite cheese.
>>
>>48697067

>All these hoops for a few paladin levels

What the absolute fuck? Is this why people don't like multiclassing, because there's too many fuckwit DMs who impose utter stupid shit upon a simple mechanic? No necrotic damage? What the fuck?
>>
>>48697067
>I talked to the DM about it and we're still debating whether we will allow sorcerer slots or spell points into smite damage
RAW once you multiclass you only have multiclass slots, so you should be able to smite with them, as you wouldn't have specific paladin or sorcerer spell slots.
If you guys care about that kind of thing...
Sorc is a better caster than a warlock, also.
>>
>>48697177

That is a cool image and I am saving it.
>>
>>48697130
Setting up that stupid shit takes ages. And even then it's not that great.
>>
>>48697067
RAW you don't have to worry about any of that shit, spell slots are agnostic. Read chapter six of the PHB, then make your DM read chapter six.
>>
>>48697067

what if you want to be a paladin of Tiamat

You know, you can be righteous AND evil....
>>
>>48696671
For the record, that is already what Shadow Dragons deal for damage. So necrotic can be a very dragon-y thing to use!
>>
>>48696802
In 5E, major multiclassing hurts, not helps. 2-4 levels total is the max you'd want from any classes besides your main.

The devs did a good job in eliminating that min/max 7 different classes bullshit of 3.5.
>>
How do I do political intrigue without it being shit?
>>
>>48697720
>Be good at political stuff
>Accept it will be shit no matter what you do
>Have fun regardless
>>
So /5eg/, my next session is going to see the forces of Thay invade Mulptan through the Underdark, leading with a force of Duergar and Goblins, backed up by a Red Wizard who magically blackens the skies so that the Duergar can fight above ground. The plan is to have the entire session be the PCs plowing their way through the town square, aided by allies, in an effort to kill the wizard and weaken the duergar, giving the city a fighting chance. Any suggestions on how I run/balance this? My PCs have beaten every challenge put forth thus far, and I want to push them to their limits.
>>
Is there some generally accepted way to do hp gain on level up? As someone who grew up on Baldur's Gate and other d&d-ish video games, the suggested average seems real slim, especially with low con.

First three levels max hp, roll for the rest? What do you folks do?
>>
>>48697999
>Is there some generally accepted way to do hp gain on level up? As someone who grew up on Baldur's Gate and other d&d-ish video games, the suggested average seems real slim, especially with low con.
> First three levels max hp, roll for the rest? What do you folks do?
whats wrong with taking the average? i don't think anyone even likes hp bloat right?
also invest in con, kid, its good for you.
>>
>>48697194

It's probably the highest burst damage in the game, especially with Action Surge you can dish out a large number of attacks that all critical.

>>48697323

I could see it for like Gore Magala but I think this particular "dragon" wouldn't be Necrotic damage. I'm not sure what it would be, maybe Force or Radiant damage. Dragon Element in MH isn't really analogous to a damage type in DND though.
>>
>>48698040
Sorry, just a noob I guess. I've more experience with combat-heavy video games so 7+con per level for a barbarian feels squishy as fuck to me.

thanks for the second opinion.
>>
>>48697999

we do average or roll, player choice, max at first level.

When I DM I always offer the players max HP every level, but the enemies get the same treatment.
>>
>>48698091
ah, well, don't forget you basically have double your hp while raging, so you'll be plenty tough.
>>
So, what characters are you all playing right now? Feel free to get into as much detail as you want. That can be backstory, things your character has done so far in the game, stats and such, or any combination thereof.
>>
>>48698088
Burst damage is highly irrelevant in a game built around attrition and huge swarms of enemies both per encounter and over the course of an adventuring day.
+ the actual setup of entering a melee combat and having a surprise round is itself circumstantial in the first place.
>>
File: 1336898329633.png (182KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
1336898329633.png
182KB, 442x341px
WHAT KINDS OF PUZZLES HAVE YOU USED ON YOUR PLAYERS/HAVE YOUR DM'S USED ON YOU
>>
>play in 5e game
>mostly having a good time
>every time there are enemies, even stupid ones, they have escape plans
>never really win a fight

I don't need every single fight to be to the death, but once in awhile please? Give me some reassurance that my character is actually capable.
>>
>>48698146
My current character is Klang, a "half half bugbear" (mechanically he's a half-orc) barbarian heavily inspired by pic related. I wouldn't say he's a comedy character in that he's purely a joke, but a lot of what he does is silly/amusing to the players (don't worry, confirmed by the players and DM that they actually enjoy it) and annoying to the characters, who primarily keep him around because he's good in a fight.

Examples of the kind of shit he does:

>when the party met him, he was sitting alone in a tavern, but in a subversion of the usual "brooding loner" trope, all the other patrons were ignoring him because nobody wants to be associated with him

>he was using bits of bread and toothpicks to act out little mock battles and loudly making sound effects with his mouth

>introduces himself as "Klang, a half half bugbear warrior from the far north"

>someone asked him, "doesn't that just mean you're one fourth bugbear?" and he yelled, "What, are you saying I'm bad at math?!"

>they asked him what he thought of Pelor and he gave the thumbs up, then loudly whispered to someone, "is Pelor one of your friends?"

>later on, he fed someone "dwarf-hair pasta and meat sauce" that was literally hair from a two-week-dead dwarf they'd come across earlier that day, with meat sauce sprinkled on top

>makes terrible puns on his name all the time

>the one time he's used his ability to ritual-cast speak with animals so far, he almost started a fight with some dude's giant lizard mount
>>
File: Ken_jeong_ben_chang-550x302.png (271KB, 550x302px) Image search: [Google]
Ken_jeong_ben_chang-550x302.png
271KB, 550x302px
>>48698215
Oops. Forgot my picture.
>>
File: darkest dungeon jester 1.png (711KB, 1600x548px) Image search: [Google]
darkest dungeon jester 1.png
711KB, 1600x548px
>>48698146

Half-elven bard with a homebrew feat for a bleed DoT on crits.

We're going to fight some bandits at their base in the middle of the forest and I'm already out of half my resources.

Level 5 can't come fast enough.
>>
>>48698150

I think if you're running around trying to assassinate people, Pala/Rogue/Fighter is probably your best bet. Even if your effectiveness falls off after that first round, knocking off a good chunk of your enemies HP is still good.
>>
>>48698146

A Griffon archer rogue. He shoots things good, wants to do good things for people, and is very confused about his lot in life. He dives headlong into danger, trusting in his skills to keep him alive so he can make the path safer for his allies. He makes friends easily, and is currently trapped in a love triangle that he has no idea how to handle.
>>
>>48698319
I mean there are certainly worse multiclass options, but straight fighter/straight paladin/straight rogue are all going to end up doing considerably more damage over the course of a generic adventuring day.
>>
>>48698378
...I sense that the love triangle contains colorful equines of the small variety, doesn't it?
>>
>>48698513
I don't want any trouble, I'm just posting my character

yes, one of them is
>>
>>48698600
Ban yourself
>>
>>48698600
Dude I am the founder of the largest collaborative universe on FiMFiction and have 24 stories under my belt, most of them complete. You've got nothing to prove to me.

Though if there's 5E stats for pony and other races hanging around anywhere, a link would be appreciated.
>>
>>48698665
Yeah stop spreading cancer in spoilers. At least use a name to announce your bullshit/
>>
>>48698659
Oh, grow up.
>>
>>48698717
>grow up by letting me insert my toddler cartoon fetish shit everywhere
>>
>>48698665
Thread is ruined anyway now, enjoy.

http://cheezedoodle96.deviantart.com/art/MLP45E-Dungeons-and-Dragons-With-Ponies-490872927
>>
>>48698665
I don't know how they are since I have no interest in those kinds of games, but there's stats for those on the 5e SRD under 3rd party publisher races.
>>
>>48698730
Point of order;

1) MLP is and always has been primarily targeted at 8-12-year-olds, not toddlers; and
2) Every since Season 2, the show has also intentionally targeted the adult fans as well.

...wait, why am I making a logical argument? That won't work...
>>
>>48698755

>DND with ponies

I can't imagine something that could ruin my interest in a game faster than that.
>>
>>48698787
Christ, your interest was delicate if that's the case.

This is a game where one of the earliest modules involved flying saucers and aliens. It should not and has never been supposed to be taken seriously.

Grow some thicker skin, dude.
>>
File: 1469777823339.png (273KB, 518x700px) Image search: [Google]
1469777823339.png
273KB, 518x700px
>>
>>48696671
And yet Shadow Dragons do that very type or damage with their breath weapon.
>>
I'm thinking about making a fantasy version of Kerr Avon from Blake's 7. What class and alignment would he be?
>>
>>48698815
Hmm...not the class choices I would have gone with for some of them.
>>
File: complaining about weeaboos.png (42KB, 964x250px) Image search: [Google]
complaining about weeaboos.png
42KB, 964x250px
>>48698730
>posting on 4chan
>>
>>48697720
Politics is easy.
>Step A: Assume that even if certain groups are evil, they want rational things such as land or money or influence. Irrational things are not useful for politics.
>Step B: Assume that in said society or situation brute force, physical or otherwise, is not allowed without incurring reprisal that makes the intrigue pointless. Instead subtle force must be used. Assassins are an example of extremely on the edge of brute force; use too much and then you're basically saying that an equal amount of violence right back is okay, and most folks will just muster an army.
>Step C: Now that people want rational things but cannot just try and take them, have them find ways of taking them anyway without violence.

That's it. That's all intrigue really is.
>>
>>48698812

Not too bright are you ponyfag.

I was talking about a specific game, not DND as a whole.
>>
>>48698884

Tell me honestly, how much of the post chain did you read before you made this comment? I'm not talking about dragons in general or even DND dragons. I'm talking about a type of damage from Monster Hunter.
>>
>>48698146
Tmave Perie Vzostupne

Used to be: Knowledge Cleric 1/Artificer Wizard 9
Now is: Life Cleric 1/Knowledge Theurge 9

Basic backstory is he was abandoned between worlds and grew up as a serving boy in the World Serpent's Inn. He gets tired of studying worlds like Eberron from afar and so hijacks a spelljamming vessel that blows up after he jumps through a portal. He gets visited by the Raven Queen and is dispatched to do her duty, but he has no clue what it is. He wakes up in a strange land with an amulet that has the image of the legendary Spelljammer with no idea of what he is doing. He sees a group of adventurers entering the city and eavesdrops on them...

This character is a blast to play. He is simultaneously immensely curious (when a terrifying creature appears, his first instinct is to break out his notebook and document its habits and behavior) and incredibly self-conscious. He is extremely generous (when we stopped by a farm, he convinced the party to help the old man running it; tilled and planted his fields, invigorated it with nature magic, replenished his stock of magic NyQuil, purified his food supplies, and even made him a nice rocking chair) and very industrious (signature spells are Wall of Stone and Fabricate).

Among his accomplishments are capturing a werewolf alive, to have his inflicted curse revoked, having a disturbingly comprehensive knowledge of succubi, and having his Rage (due to a trial's effect) manifest as bullying, throwing giant scorpions across the room while shouting "Who's the top bull now?" Yes, he is also a grappler, and damn good at it too!

He is the ultimate tank. He is focus-fired because he is constantly supporting his allies with spells, but he actually has the most health among them due to having two high rolls. His combat style is to set up his allies to wreck everything in their own ways.
>>
>>48699080

Either necrotic or some sort of poison, going by the Dragonblight effects. Just make something up, like it does a bunch of damage and also temporarily disables the secondary effects of magic weapons and armor.
>>
File: 1462964452144.jpg (178KB, 839x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462964452144.jpg
178KB, 839x720px
would anyone know of a collection of the maps Mike Schley did for Dungeon magazine? Specifically Hall of the Fire Giant King or Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl? Would really appreciate it. If not...
>>
>>48698973

I would add: People usually find a way to see that their interests are are aligned with someone's virtues and vice versa. Put another way, people are very good at getting what they want by aligning themselves with some kind of larger cause or group.

This adds the complication that you might have person A championing cause B, because it stands to make them powerful which will make them wealthy. It will also make person A feel totally justified in their intrigues. Because it is for a greater cause.

Cause B may also have devoted followers, and may be a genuinely good cause.

When you have that added dimension of factional interests and cynicism vs idealism you can have intrigues branch in a lot more directions.
>>
>>48699203

https://kat.cr/dungeon-magazine-001-221-and-dragon-magazine-001-430-t9377217.html
>>
>>48698194
Well, as long as you still get xp for enemies defeated by making them flee... I don't see a problem with it. You're still winning, you're just not killing.

Or are you a psycho that enjoys killing?
>>
>>48698779
>the show is meant for 12 year olds!
>so let me discuss my porn fan fiction of the cartoon animals!
>>
>>48699234

My character isn't a psycho who enjoys killing, but he does want to actively make the world better, and removing evil is a part of that. If evil just keeps running away with it's tail between its legs it feels like that goal isn't being met.
>>
>>48699275
An evil person that flees can be inspired through fear of how close they came to death to change their ways.

Or if that's not enough, invest in a decent control caster.
>>
>>48699026
I'd peg RD as just a DEX-based Fighter, as opposed to AJ's STR-based Fighter. There is no way that RD has the Wisdom necessary to be a Monk.
>>
>>48698146
>Tom Irlingstar
>Waterdhavian Noble
>NG Half-Elf Bard [Valor]
>Tomas Raventree Irlingstar is an excellent example of the byproducts of Waterdeep politics. Being born an intelligent half-elf from a union of the wealthy Irlingstar family and the equally wealthy Raventree family would have granted him a promising future in Warerdhavian politics and mercantile endeavors were it not for the fact that neither of his parents were elven or half-elven and thus CLEARLY someone was lying about whom they had been with the night before.
>Tom was nonetheless afforded a decent education and life and was treated relatively well by his various siblings even if his actual parents treated him like an abortion that hadn't properly died when it should have...which given Maria Raventree's regular consumption of nararoot might actually have been the case.
>In any case being treated as something to take care of well but not to foster ant responsibility did not make him a particularly reputable member of the family, and so as soon as he old enough he was shipped away from the estate to the bardic collage of New Olamn rather then laze about reminding everyone of their ongoing marital failures.
>Tom actually excelled at his Bardic training (though he kept challenging people to duels on occasion rather then focus on his studies) and became one of the locally infamous Songsabers, a gang of ruffian students who preferred swordplay and acrobatics during their studies before rhetoric and knowledge.
>His education was going well and he had high hopes he'd be placed as a useful member of society that also didn't entail too much actual responsibility (such as a messenger for the Lord's Alliance) when just before graduation he was knocked over the head by a Barbarian woman and dropped into a sack because a group of adventurer's needed someone who could translate Ancient Elven.
>He has been an adventurer ever since.
>>
Okay I know I've asked this six times so I'm sorry for the repost but basically I want to do a zombie apocalypse in 5e.

I finally got the campaign started, pretty basic shit, the characters are going to rescue someone, can't give more details, but I fluffed it out to be more than a "lol here's your rescue mission." First session was a lot of RP but that's fine.

Now the idea is, the goblins have been leaving their warrens because they have awakened an ancient plague from deep underground. Zombies! These zombies have several properties:

> slow moving
> tough, you need to wear them down with arrows to kill them. no "headshot" shit
> if you do not burn the corpses, they will reanimate after 10 - 20 minutes
> hands and feet and shit won't reanimate on their own, but if the body is mostly intact and not burnt up they will come back over and over
> fatally infectious bite that turns you into one of them after death

That last point is the issue I am having. I want getting bit to be something the PCs avoid like the plague. Problem is, I don't want to fuck over melee characters. So I am trying to think of a believable way for the PCs to want to avoid getting bit but have it be super-fatal to normal NPCs. I will be including plenty of non-zombie encounters as well, so melee won't be totally useless, and I know ranged weapons are a bit better in 5e than they were in 3.5 so I guess I could just give the fighter a magic bow at some point to help him retain his usefulness?

I mean to some degree I feel like "what is in the campaign is in the campaign" but I don't want to ruin it for some people. But I don't want to pussify the zombies to the point that they are not even worth adapting tactics to to fight. I want to reward ranged combat and movement with them.

Is there hope? Am I fucked?
>>
>>48699338
she just took the class for the speed buffs, but dex fighter probably does fit better.
>>
>>48699080
Read all the others, didn't care.
Never played Monster Hunter, assumed you wanted to talk about D&D because this is a 5e thread.
>>
>>48699275
What kind of escape plans are we talking? If we know more about them, it can be easier to tell whether this can actually be solved or if the DM is pulling these plans out of his ass.
>>
File: 1470707683026.gif (541KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1470707683026.gif
541KB, 300x168px
>>48699219
>https://kat.cr/dungeon-magazine-001-221-and-dragon-magazine-001-430-t9377217.html
Thank you very much!
>>
File: scarecrow-pumpkin-stand-2.jpg (176KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
scarecrow-pumpkin-stand-2.jpg
176KB, 1200x1200px
>>48699269
>>
>>48698146
Mountain dwarf wizard. Using the Clan Crafter background from SCAG, he's a jeweler that's decided to go out into the world to study new and interesting jewelcraft techniques, plus furthering his magical education(not much opportunity for wizards in dwarven lands).

Most interesting thing about him is that his primary stats are Str 15, Con 16, and Int 15.

I pity the fool that runs up to this wizard, thinking he's weak and squishy.
>>
File: 1461984000534.jpg (360KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1461984000534.jpg
360KB, 710x508px
>>48699219
>https://kat.cr/dungeon-magazine-001-221-and-dragon-magazine-001-430-t9377217.html
Aaaand that's a broken link
>>
>>48699080
Getting back to this, is the Tyrannosaurus statline with a breath weapon tacked on a good statblock for a deviljho?
>>
>>48699404
Dwarf wizards are fun because heavy armor wizards are awesome.
>>
>>48699363
Mmn...we're in game theory now so probably don't need the spoilers anymore.

If she takes 2 levels of Rogue she can Dash as a bonus action. 2 levels of Rogue meshes pretty well with a DEX-based fighter, too.
>>
>>48695936
Aasimar are in the DM Guide but I think they are releasing a new version in Volo's Guide.
>>
>>48699352
Con saves! Look at lycanthropy and how they handle the infection and transformation. Give the infected a taste of power as they begin freaking out over how to cure it.
>>
>>48699352
Zombja teeth ain't going through most armors, even light armor.

If they knock a character down, that's different, but a character that's still standing should be immune to zed bites if they are wearing light or better armor.
>>
>>48699352
Since the zombies are slow, keep all their regular attacks at normal bonus, but have their bit attacks be at a +0 or even a minus, and make the con save low. NPCs without class levels will still die like bitches, but the players and classed people will have a slim chance of getting bit.

Or give the bite attacks a dex save. Or make them provoke attacks of oppurtunity.
>>
>>48699352
There is no reasonable way to have melee in a zombie setting and have PCs be afraid of being bitten.
Your best bet is to have it be a con save with a negative to hit. This will always be riskier for your melee characters though.
>>
>>48699423
Unless I can get the heavy armor proficiency through a feat, this guy is gonna be limited to medium armor.
>>
>>48699470
Yes, there's a feat for that.
>>
>>48698378
You lucky bastard. What homebrew are you using.
>>
>>48699350
Wait so....your character was KIDNAPPED into being an adventurer?
>>
>>48699507
Gah, I meant training, not a feat. All his ASI are gonna be going into Int and Con.
>>
>>48699518
Posted it here >>48698755

It isn't complete, but so far it seems to work okay.
>>
>>48699413
Sounds like a good start just from looking at the thing. Looking at the MH wiki, Dragon element does seem hard to nail down as one particular thing.

I actually think necrotic is a fair damage to use for it. Dragon element seems to be described as a mysterious force (which could apply to a variety of D&D elements, including necrotic and force) that uses black and red energy. Additionally, the creatures that can use it also tend to be vulnerable to it. The flavor of it being the force of death itself seems like quite a good reason why these powerful creatures both use it and are still weak to it. They spend so much time inflicting the death-force upon targets that they become close to it themselves...
>>
>>48699539
Yes, basically.
My DM is not too fond of everyone meeting at an inn/tavern (last time we did that it was a setup for this vaguely criminal-like adventure with the adventurer's basically as shadowrunners) and is a fairly imaginative and humorous fellow.
>>
>>48698168
I did a dungeon that was two different timeline dungeons split by a mirror. The alternate reality side was one in which the god of light's symbol remained a mirror, and the mainline reality one in which the symbol was a lens.

On either side, a dwarven priest was trying to build a device to reflect prayers to the god of light according to their inherent goodness, so that blah blah optimum prayer efficiency.

One one side he succeeded, but only with the "fine tuning" of a clever wizard with an agenda.

On the other side the project was never completed because two of the main priests involved were poisoned by radiant energy and everyone gave up and went home.

Players had to split up and gather clues from each side to figure out how to merge the two realities and build the device in a way that let them get a free wish from the god of light. Bonus points for allowing the scheming wizard to atone for their error.

They had to pick up solar capacitors and solar mirrors from either side and transport them across the mirror to solve puzzles.

The final boss fight was a race to prevent the scheming wizard from going mad while protecting the rebuilt device from a golem possessed by the spirit of the priest, intent on destroying it before it could be used. The boss fight itself was a puzzle; the party had to grab wishes out of the air and send them through the mirror array towards the core to achieve their objectives, while tanking the golem or healing the core.
>>
>>48699413

I think the CR is probably too low. Deviljho isn't the strongest around but it's certainly a lot scarier than a typical T-Rex. I don't know how much Legendary Resistance or other Legendary Actions would increase the CR though.

It should also have a rage mode. Other monsters might get away with not having some kind of rage effect, but Deviljho definitely should.
>>
>>48699442

Well part of the transformation was them growing fangs but that is a good idea. I mean it's not a modern-day apocalypse, so the zombies need to be a bit more formidable. But yeah that's an idea. Might make it so that Medium or heavier armor stops a bite, at least so that fighters are okay.

>>48699441

I will look at these rules, thanks. Finding a cure is meant to be an end-game thing but I will look at the rules then decide.

>>48699449

Attack of opportunity is a good idea, or a Dex save and probably a penalty to hit for the bite (or have it be at disadvantage). Maybe give them two claws and if both hit they can bite at a penalty? I dunno. I want it to be good against NPCs but the PCs are less ikely to be effected, and that melee combat is risky but still somewhat viable.

Thanks for the advice though.

>>48699462

Yeah that's the issue, part of what attracted me to it so much is how it clashed with the standard D&D doctrine, I wanted to scare the players and make them adapt and blindside them into having to change their tactics. Cause if you have a flat-out zombie game everyone's gonna build some redneck living in the woods with 50,000 rounds of .22, so it's hard to really get that sense of having to adapt. Plus I am making these guys different than standard infectious zombies so I hope there will be a learning curve / mystery to solve in how to fight them, let alone a cure.

Anyway thansk for advice guys, I am bookmarking my comment(s) so I can read more advice later. I really appreciate it. Gonna be playing on Thursday so I am trying to set up this adventure some more.
>>
>>48698168

I was having my players take the "Trials of Pelor" to ascend to the heavens so they could get the gods involved with the world again to...blah blah blah.

So, one room in the tower had 8 holes in the floor, 6 crystals, and a clear orb in a cage on the other side of the room. light poured into the room from above the entrance, the light stopping just beyond the holes in the ground. After some dicking around, the players figured out the crystals made up the light spectrum, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet. Once that was figured out, they got them in order, they shined multi colored beams of light into the orb, but nothing happened. after a little bit someone finally cast detect magic and, laying around the room were two more invisible crystals representing infrared and ultraviolet. Once everything was in place, the door opened and they could proceed.
>>
>>48699660
I don't want to go too overboard one the Jho, since I'm planning on using it alongside other enemies (and yes, I am justifying a jho not slaughtering all its allies).
>>
>>48699776

If that's how you wanna do it I guess go for it, although I think I'd do it personally. I think it could be neat to make a Jho monster though. I think Rage and Tail sweep would make fitting legendary actions, and I'd definitely have it leave periodically to go do other shit. Make them chase after that fucker.
>>
>>48699731
Keep in mind that finding a "cure" doesn't mean it has to be permanent. It can just be something that sets the virus into remission while remaining within the person.

Ooooooo, base it off the varicella zoster virus, chicken pox! The proper medicine can cause the virus to retreat back into the spinal ganglia. This is why it is so difficult to actually kill off the host, the virus that mobilizes it is housed in areas that are extremely difficult to wipe out.

Set a nice little panic as the PCs watch their supply of the life-preserving herb whittle down, with each infected PC making it end faster.
>>
>go through dwarven ruins
>I am the only dwarf in party
>everyone wants to loot everything, deface ruined fortress
>ancestral homeland of my character
>My dwarf tells them not to do things like tear down murials/paintings to sell or pillage tombs of dwarven heroes.
>They are fine with it. Seems like they feel kinda bad imo
>Defeat undead Minotaur boss and uncover secret passage.
>That moment in LOTR Fellowship where Gimli sees the tomb in Moria and runs in.
>Great Dwarven Hero rests here.
>Party really wants to pillage tomb
>Commune with spirits of long dead dwarves
>spirits totally restless
>Party looks at me really wanting to open the tomb
Me: Maybe if we open the tomb we can figure out what happened and put them to rest?
>Everyone smiles at me
>Open grave
>+1 Maul with shapeshift once a day
>I am a wis/dex moon druid.
>Look at Half-Orc Barbarian.
>Look at DM
>Sigh

Later...
>Find cool druid staff that is all gnarled wood
>waiting for attunement
>still in same dwarven ruin
>meet last Silver Dragon of the ruin
>dwarves and dragons used to be good friends in this fortress apparently
>Dragon sees staff
>gets scared of staff
>i put it on the ground, want to foster good relations with the dragon and honour the friendship my ancestors had with silver dragons
>dragon destroys staff

3 Levels later
>Complete story arc
>Defeat Boss

>Ranger has a quiver that replenishes arrows, and has silvered arrows now
>Barbarian isnt using the +1Maul, instead silvered the edge of his Great Axe to fight werewolves
>Gave +1 Maul to an NPC Paladin to help during boss battle
>Monk has cool corrupted arm now that does Necrotic Damage

>My reward
>A one time use token to enlist the aid of an NPC who follows a specific religion.
>Religion seems to be specific to this area
>Next session we head to a different area with a bunch of different gods

Is my DM fucking me over? Like...we're only level 4, but i'm the only person who has never missed a session and does the "homework" for sessions.
>>
>>48699994
Nah.
>>
>>48699994
your dm hates you because you are a moon druid
>>
>>48699994

>dwarf druid
>in a dorfy fortress

You were the wrong type of dorf for this mission. That silver dragon? Should have wrestled him into submission and told him the staff wasn't dangerous.
>>
>>48699994
It sounds like your item hauls have been a lot better than mine lately.
>>
I just got invited to an in progress game of 5e and I'm entirely new to it. What should I know? Where can I download the character sheet and the handbook and junk?
>>
>>48699994
>guys don't loot
>here's my loot, dragon
He doesn't think you want loot. Literally all you have to do is call him up and say you were just playing your character and want loot you shy baka
>>
>>48700241
Try the OP.
>>
>>48699558
Sweet now I just need to live the rest of my life not playing this because all my friends will refuse.
>>
File: Iliira 01.png (536KB, 686x963px) Image search: [Google]
Iliira 01.png
536KB, 686x963px
>>48698146
Iliira of Ulgoth's Beard. CG drow thief that was born on the surface and raised by humans (still). Playing through Rise of Tiamat right now.

Slew a CR 13 dragon essentially single-handedly at level 8. Is now level 11, got in the final blow against a green dragon. She should be feeling pretty good about herself...

...except that up until level 8 or 9 or so she had a policy about never killing sapient beings if she could avoid it, and until then had only killed like 2 people and generally acted as the party's moral center (at least where life and death were concerned). She'd make exceptions for truly and obviously evil creatures, like devils or dragons.

At some point I forgot to keep specifying that she only dealt nonlethal damage, though. When I realized it I didn't have Iliira suddenly realize it too, but rather waited for one of my fellow players notice and have their character point it out. Happened a session ago, right as we entered aforementioned green dragon's lair.

So basically Iliira's now dealing with the fact that a) she's killed a *lot* of people that might not have deserved it, and b) she *didn't even notice that she was doing it*.

Throw in having to wander through a forest full of her greatest fear (spiders) and the general crap she has to deal with for being a dark elf that is now finally starting to get to her, and she's NOT in a happy place right now.
>>
>>48700269
I play so many characters who turn down rewards it's not even funny.
Probably one of the reasons I'm attached to full casters so much - I can get away with doing that and still maintain full relevancy.
>>
>>48700313
>whitewashing drow

I'm calling the POC police.
>>
>>48700313
>drow
>afraid of spiders

Also, just specifying once that "I always do non lethal attacks" should cover you until you specify otherwise. If the character knows the difference between lethal and non lethal attacks with a weapon she is proficient in, she has to make the decision to do one or the other every time she makes an attack.
>>
>>48700222
Nah, when we defeated the Story Arc boss, one of the NPCs involved lost his Sword Arm, it got melted off by acid. So he couldnt use his magical obsidian bastard sword. So we were gonna take the sword for ourselves as a reward.

The boss itself didnt drop any loot or gold.

The NPC demanded the sword from us. Even after i healed up his arm wound so it wouldnt get infected. When we refused. He persisted and said please. So the Barbarian gave it over.

>>48700269
If you were a dwarf who discovered the ruin of their ancestral homeland and were learning about the history of your people, how would you feel if some strangers, you've known for a week, wanted to upturn the graves of your people's heroes andtear down paintings and other art to sell in towns? I mean, unless you're playing an evil character, i dont see how you could be okay with destroying your people's history for a quick buck.

>>48700153
this is his first 5e campaign with a druid. I dont think he's formed a negative opinion yet.
>>
>>48700416
>If you were a dwarf who discovered the ruin of their ancestral homeland and were learning about the history of your people, how would you feel if some strangers, you've known for a week, wanted to upturn the graves of your people's heroes andtear down paintings and other art to sell in towns? I mean, unless you're playing an evil character, i dont see how you could be okay with destroying your people's history for a quick buck.
I understand. I said to tell your DM that. DURRRRRRRR
>>
>>48700393
Coulda sworn the "lethal/nonlethal" distinction only mattered for a blow that would bring someone to 0 hit points. For the rest of the blows it's mechanically irrelevant.
>>
>>48700452

It does, but every blow could be the "killing" blow, so it would make sense that every blow would deal nonlethal damage. Especially considering any blow that doesn't kill is non lethal by definition.
>>
>>48700446
I dunno...i think what i did is what he wants the players to act like. He told me "this campaign is not for murder hobos, there will be consequences to immoral actions." He even said "I dont want a murder hobo campaign, i'll get new players before that happens."

From my perspective i'm just trying to play a character that fits what he wants the game/world to be like.
>>
>>48700393
"As though being afraid of spiders is weird. YOU try waking up one morning when you're 8 (which as a human measures things means nearly 5) with a giant spider on your pillow staring at you with all eight of its eyes, see what that does for your love of the little shits. Ran screaming to my dad's room. Dad wasn't even able to find the thing. Didn't sleep for two days straight convinced it was still in my room somewhere...WATCHING me. Waiting. With its eyes and its fangs and gonna wrap me in a web or...eugh. UGH. AND THERE'S GIANT VERSIONS OF THE SHITS TOO."

>Also, just specifying once that "I always do non lethal attacks" should cover you until you specify otherwise.

It probably could have, but honestly my character's been adventuring with folk who have no such compunction themselves, and had a really bad time in a floating cloud giant fortress, so I decided to run with the idea that she honestly didn't realize what she was doing and then start dealing with the sudden revelation. Better roleplaying opportunities.
>>
>>48700466
Usually if my character wouldn't kill someone I just specify it "not trying to kill the x".
Setting that as a default for everything is... I dunno. Dealing nonlethal to a slime seems silly as an instance.
>>
>>48700518

I had a slime play dead on me. 5e is weird like that.
>>
>>48700533
Yeah. I can't think of many occasions where leaving the slime alive helps anyone but the bad guys usually.
>>
>>48700575

This is generally my thinking to when it comes to "man-eating"varieties of things, or unintelligent things.
>>
>>48700518
Not nonlethal to EVERYTHING, just humanoids or other sapient creatures that aren't a) innately evil (like demons) or b) most likely irredeemable (like wyrmlords for the Cult of the Dragon).

But a nonsapient slime or ankheg or something? Sure, if Iliira has to.
>>
Any 5e players handbook pdfs? My brother took mine, and I need to hurry and make a character by tomorrow.
>>
>>48700674
>Not nonlethal to EVERYTHING, just humanoids or other sapient creatures that aren't
K, that is different than all things.
>>
>>48700711
Check the OP.
>>
>>48699352
Does the bite of the zombie also kill, or does it mean that when you die, maybe decades down the line, you turn into a zombie?
>>
File: e1n7x1a.jpg (82KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
e1n7x1a.jpg
82KB, 1600x900px
You ever just have a really good day, /tg/? Like the day you headshot that bitch who had been working against your party for two years? Ever just had one of those seshes? Feels great.
>>
File: 1468179977650.png (692KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468179977650.png
692KB, 1920x1080px
Is a Catfolk Rogue on the run from a loan shark a little too typical?
>>
>>48701644
I guess my Rogue is so proficient in stealth I can't even see the post.
>>
>>48701644
Is the loan shark sharkfolk?
>>
>>48701865
No.
But someone in my group made the same joke.
>>
File: C1OPEUQl.jpg (73KB, 486x640px) Image search: [Google]
C1OPEUQl.jpg
73KB, 486x640px
>>48701644
nah
>>
>>48701865
Isn't that Miss Fortune's backstory in Skullgirls?
>>
Is this feat balanced?

Mystic Initiate
Gain one psi point, which you regain after a long rest. Also gain one lesser psionic discipline.
>>
>>48702123

maybe wait until mystic is officialized and ""balanced"" itself
>>
>>48702123
just being able to focus on a lesser discipline is probably better than most feats, especially for characters who don't need concentration for anything else. but idk if its broken or not. 1 psi point makes some of the lesser disciplines comparatively better than others (ie, better than the ones who don't have 1 psi point moves, such as mind vault (though....that basically gives you proficiency in everything in 1 feat... which is... a lot? idk)).
so uh >>48702138 was right. mystic just isn't balanced.
>>
>>48695548
Oh god why do people feel the need to have different (and worse) formatting just for the sake of being different? At least get the line spacing right.
>>
how do y'all play charmed enemies in combat?
>>
>>48696015
this book is fucking great. it's bigger than the monster manual
>>
>>48702397
Depends on the charm effect and the creature in question. Charmed creatures with no particularly strong loyalties, like generic goblins, will usually just cover their own hides if nothing is attacking the charmer themself, while charmed enemies that actively dislike their allies might actually assist in attacking them, while enemies with strong group loyalities might still attack other party members if their previous allies are being attacked. But again, the actual source of the charm status matters.
>>
>>48702425
Thanks anon, i like this take on it. What about when player characters are charmed? Do you have set rules they have to follow?
>>
>>48696802
Monk/Cleric/Ranger/Druid/Fighter/Rogue

Do it faggit
>>
>>48697067
Go Dex paladin then and minimize the gear you need since as Dragon Sorcerer you get 13+Dex mod AC anyway.
>>
>>48702447
When players are charmed, I'd just advise my players to stay mindful of their own character's attitudes and dispositions toward everyone else. Their personality itself doesn't really change, it's only that they gain a very strong sense of wanting to be on the side of/help out the charmer. *Very* strong sense - make that clear.
>>
>>48702462
Why stop there?
Wizard 1/Sorcerer 2/ Monk 2/ Barbarian 1/Cleric 2/Paladin 2/Fighter 3/Ranger 2/Warlock 1/Druid 1/Rogue 1/Bard 2
Perfect.
>>
>>48698146

Once I'm no longer a DM I'll be playing as

Farryn Noakes, Gnome bard.

Farryn is an overweight Gnome who's goal in life is to try the sweetest meats, the headiest wines, the strongest ales and then write poems and stuff about them as a review to be eventually bound up in his journal.

Adventuring is his way of seeing more of what the world can cook and brew for him.

I'm planning on imposing a speed penalty on him due to his weight and other things like if he dashes more than three times during combat he takes a level of exhaustion.
>>
File: grad 2.png (5MB, 5299x5458px) Image search: [Google]
grad 2.png
5MB, 5299x5458px
>>48698146
Graden Mond, human rogue lvl 4

He was orphaned and taken in by an Elven swordsman until he too was killed, and Grad took to the streets. He held onto his late master's sword and joined up with a group of fellow teens who had turned to banditry.

Eventually a bounty was put upon his band and a mercenary group slew nearly all of them, but offered Graden and a few fellows an opportunity to join in exchange for working off their bounties. He took their offer and became a sell-sword.

A number of years later he and his unit came upon a cult who was in the midst of murdering a family in a traveling caravan, the scene was grisly and reminded Grad of his childhood. His unit killed all but one of the cultists, who escaped.

He decided then, his bounty long repaid, to end his career as a merc and to try to take revenge against those who killed his parents and master. He found out a few names that could be connected, and set out on his path, hitching a ride south with a trade caravan- trading his services with a blade for the cost of the trip.

Since then, he and his new friends have survived the raid of a town, a pretty shitty rescue mission where he and his whole party was captured (but escaped), a foray into a dungeon to secure dragon eggs, and most recently an honest to god vampire who nearly killed everyone.

He's loyal to his friends, which are numerous as he's quick to make them, but often makes poor choices which can lead them to mistake him for stupid when he's really just impulsive.

He likes to draw, and tries to not do too much thieving these days, but currently he has to steal a magical gauntlet to insinuate himself into the local thieve's guild.

He might drink too much, and is often terrified of non-human creatures, excluding most player races, even tieflings, but hates orcs.

He still has his master's sword.
>>
looking for this if anyone has it pls - Sly Flourish's Fantastic Locations
>>
>>48702595
Don't put penalties on him just refuse to move fast. It makes you seem like more of a fat ass.
>>
>>48693724
bumpin for feedback
>>
How is the ruling on booming blades moment?
Dose the "movement" refer to moving at all (like moving once arms or legs) or is it taking a movement action?
>>
>>48703563
No movement actions anymore but basically if you move into another space you take damage.
>>
>>48703573
Alright, thank you. But it is still stupidly powerful on tempest clerics right?
>>
>>48703600
Because they only get one attack per round any Melee Attack Cantrip is a huge bonus.
>>
Is the Feat that gives Skill Proficiencies worth it? What about for a Humans free Feat?
>>
>>48703685
If I really wanted to play a skill heavy character I'd probably just make a bard or rogue, but if for some reason you really dislike those classes I could see the skilled feat being worth it. I don't think I'd pick it at first level as a human for any class under normal circumstances at least
>>
>>48702588
>needing a 13 in all stats except con

VS

>needing only Dex and Wis
>>
File: basicgame.jpg (157KB, 371x480px) Image search: [Google]
basicgame.jpg
157KB, 371x480px
>>48693563
I know precisely jack shit about D&D. Will free basic rules suffice to get my bearings or will I be annoying my DM all the time?
>>
>>48703745
If everyone else at your table knows the rules you could probably get by just knowing how everything on your character sheet relates to rules and learning as you go.
>>
>>48703745
The PHB is in the mega in the OP. If you want a better selection of character options, check it out.
>>
>>48703573
What about standing up, given it uses half your movement?
>>
>>48703770
That does not. Only voluntary movement out of your current position is enough to disturb it.
>>
>>48703745
There's absolutely no reason to go with basic rules anymore, especially when you can get a proper Player's Handbook in the OP. It's the same thing, except better. And if you're playing with someone chances are they already have it.
>>
>>48703145
Ah a haha, I'll do that instead.

HEALTHY AT ANY WEIGHT.
>>
>>48703895
OH MY GOD! STOP ALL THE NEGATIVE BODY TALK! I CAN EAT AS MUCH RAW GOBLIN AS I WANT YOU CSI FIGHTER SCUM!
>>
Any interesting class levels to give monsters to make encounters more interesting, aside from giving everything 2 levels of fighter?
>>
Someone in my upcoming game really wants to use a whip and I don't want him to have to suffer for it. Is using the Flail Master feat from the feats UA, except crossing out "flail" and writing "whip", and pencling in "also the whip's damage die becomes a d6" under it a good way to do that?
>>
>>48704045
A couple of Abjuration Wizard levels (Up to shielding allies) can make people focus on the Wizard... Who knows misty step and counter spell.

Onion Druid will piss of the party as well.
>>
Quick Question.
I´m going to pick up the Mounted Combatant feat and was wondering now that my mount can use the Dodge action, does the dodge effect only count for my mount or also for me sitting on it?

Also is there anyway to ensure that it will not die to AoE attacks?
>>
>>48704076
It depends on how many attacka the class gets, and if it is a class that gets a bonus damage ability to replace/up its damage. A melee cleric with a whip doesnt really matter what the damage of it is. That being said, making it a d6 without a feat or something now defeats the purpose of nearly every non whip d6 choice
>>
>>48704136
Making it a d6 is part of the feat, I should clarify.

Also he's going fighter.
>>
/5eg/. how do we fix dual wielding?
>>
>>48704621
Depends what you think is broken about it.
What's the problem?
>>
>>48698168
>Puzzle with multiple levers, floodgates, water levels
>Goal is to fill a lock with water so they can sail out into the ocean
It went well, but one player could not grasp the concept that if floodgate B is closed, and they pull a lever to the right, and doing so would close floodgate B, floodgate B simply stays closed and nothing happens.
>>
>>48704076
Tell him to take a caster level and throw in a free spell sniper feat or combo the spell sniper and magic initiate feats.
Let him learn the glory of using booming blade with a whip.
>>
>>48704735
I know the feeling of playing with stupid people. My current group cannot wrap their heads around the simplest puzzle (placing little plant and animal tiles in order of the food chain) and I just have to sit and watch them because my character is supposed to have a low Int.
>>
I was looking online for character sheets to fill out and came across this. I think it could be a good reference to help new players create characters
https://olddungeonmaster.wordpress.com/2016/04/22/dd-5e-character-creation-sheet/
>>
>>48704651
He prolly means how it's the worst fighting style
>>
>>48705015
Could always try dropping hints like "I'm hungry."
>>
>>48704621
Wouldn't fix it, but would help a bit:
>If you have a feature that allows you to make multiple attacks using the attack action, you can make the same amount of attacks when attacking with your second weapon.
>>
So my players want to chase after a wizard that got away, and have a wizard on their side. What spells would be usable to locate him? Basically what happened was:
>Went to ruin, fought a rampaging cyclops
>Caused a dispel magic to go off on the Magic Jar, waking up an evil wizard
>He is curious about their civilization, the wizard that sent them there, how magic has progressed, since he froze himself to wake up in a more enlightened time
>They go along with it, also he casts Misdirection in case they turn on him, but they don't figure out despite many clues
>They head back to town, it's a 6 hour journey but I forgot Misdirection only lasted 1 hour so he was still there
>The two wizards meet
>Good wizard figures out what he is when evil wizard tries to recruit him, tries to Dispel the illusion (does that work?)
>Fails, the illusion flies through some walls to the players, offers the cleric in the party to rule over the city as sorcerer kings etc.
>He's tempted, but the good wizard catches up by Flying through the corridors and Dispels him successfully after 2 more tries.
>Party now wants to find him, the cleric wanting to talk to him and the rest wanting him dead, they ask the good wizard if he could help to find him magically and he says maybe
So he hasn't seen the real him, and he has moved from the location he was in before. Is there some past-sight spell that could let them know where he went from the place? Or what would make sense, I haven't exactly followed the spell rules so far but would be nice with something more in line with it.
>>
>>48696015
Thanks!
>>
>>48705273

check the abjuration and divination schools of magic for tracking spells, and the illusion / abjuration / conjuring schools for weaknesses and loopholes
>>
>>48696481
Bludgeoning damage. It breathes at you so hard and viciously the concussive force of it kills/hurts you before you even feel the flames
>>
Any suggestions on adding some more verisimilitude into the system ? I'm enjoying how simple and streamlined it is to play but I feel like I'm missing a lot of cool touches in the likes of 3.5/PF that came from a crunchier rules system , like undead not having con and being damaged by healing spells/healed by necrotic. Monster templates in general , slower and more natural methods of healing , a broader skill system with more specific DC targets and magic that feels unique between classes.
>>
>>48706125
>like undead not having con and being damaged by healing spells/healed by necrotic.
Easily house ruled, replace con checks with cha and change the damage type rules.

>templates
A bit more work but no reason you can add them in. Just don't abuse them, be careful of CR and you should avoid problems.

>healing
Well there's always the week long long rest, but I'm not sure what you have in mind by more natural. You could replace full heals from sleep with only hit dice.

>skills
Don't see how to work in "broader" without redoing the whole system, but you could always come up with more defined actions and specific DCs.

>magic
Only fix to that is making more class specific spells, and wizard spells designed to benefit ATs and EKs. Not a bad idea but certainly more work.
>>
>>48706125
>any suggestions on how to completely change every part of 5e to make is more like 3.PF?

Just use 3.PF. boom, done.
>>
>>48706125
>>48706241
>templates and CR
The problem with templates was always that they could only be balanced by a higher CR/ECL, but they don't provide all of the benefits that a higher CR/ECL creature has over a lower one. Another problem is that the template always increases the CR by the same amount no matter what CR the monster started as. Some special ability, or a flat number of hit points, will always make more of a difference at low levels than high ones. Immunity to nonmagical weapons, for example, won't even be noticed at CR 15, but it'll make a monster nigh-unkillable at CR 2.

To make templates work right you'd basically have to completely rebuild the monster according to that table of monster stats by CR in the DMG.
>>
So, I saw someone talk about a divine bard, and decided to try my hand at it.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HJtVb9Uw

College of Faith
> Dedicated healer / support

College of the Phoenix
> Martial support
>>
>>48705163
That would take it from the worst fighting style to the strongest by a wide margin.
>>
>>48707267
Templates aren't so bad if you don't stick to the rigid 3.5 style. You don't have to rebuild so much as recalculate based on the DMG's recommendations. For example if your template gives the creature a breath attack, you need to recalculate its offensive CR based assuming it would use the breath attack in the first 3 rounds hitting 2 targets. You don't have to attach a CR boost, but you have to look at that chart and see if you changed CR.

You can actually add a bunch of utility spells to a creature without changing its CR at all, according to what the DMG says. It seems to take into account that a creature can't use all its options at once.
>>
>>48705163
Need to tack a "with disadvantage" or a "-5 to the attack roll" in there.
>>
>>48693563
I do it all the time, but only where it is appropriate; most often, its a humanoid creature that has it.
>>
File: Cave_of_wonders_inside.jpg (465KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cave_of_wonders_inside.jpg
465KB, 1920x1080px
So I got 50k gold in gems from a deck of many things, but I haven't been able to spend it on much in terms of enchanted items (which seems fair enough I suppose, makes sense the DM wouldn't want me completely decked out and it's not like I'll find everything I want in some town). I managed to upgrade my weapons/armor at least, but what are some other ways I could spend this fortune?

Bonus points if it makes sense for my Fey-serving Warlockadin.
>>
>>48697999
I do max 1st level, like the book says, and then the players can roll or take the average, whichever is higher. I like that my players have the illusion of safety with those few extra hit points.

Its much more satisfying seeing their terror when I take them away.
>>
>>48705163
>how to break a fighting style: the post
>>
>>48707193
My players are filthy casuals who can barely understand 5e and I dont have the spare time these days to design something in 3.5/PF.
>>
>>48706125
For healing, I've made it so long rests are the same amount of time, but you don't get full heal from them, you have to spend your hit dice to heal up during that long rest, just as you would during a short rest.

Makes things much more interesting.

I think everything else is functioning as it should; making monsters is damn easy, don't need monster templates.

You could always houserule the undead healing/damage into the game as default; or, alternatively, make it a feat.
>>
>>48707925
Hm...castle? Or maybe purchase the title to a forest where your fey-buddies can frolick?
>>
>>48707925
Playing off of >>48708070 pour resources into finding a fey crossing, and buying the land around it to protect it.
>>
>>48707925

For the paltry sum of 200 gold for the day you can hire 100 Hireling guards and send them forth to trigger all the traps in a dungeon, mob the BBEG or spread rumours about how big a cock you have.

Alternatively spend it all and build a mighty keep for yourself. Use the hirelings to defend it.
>>
>>48704621
>>48704651
>>48705163
>>48707433
>>48707983
>>48707656

How about this as a fix:

>When you take the attack action while wielding two light weapons, you can make an extra attack with your off-hand weapon.
Benefits

> pre-Extra Attack = 2 swings with smaller hit dice
> post-Extra Attack = 3 swings with smaller hit dice
> Frees up bonus action for classes that need it.
> Chance to use bonus action as another attack without modifier.
>>
my problem with dual wielding is i would like to make a dual wielding EK but it just... doesn't make any sense. so many extra feats just to be worse mechanically than literally any other EK build.
>>
>>48708243
Just play a bladesinger.
>>
>>48708243
my problem with dual wielding is i would like to make a dual wielding character but it just... doesn't make any sense. so many extra feats just to be worse mechanically than literally any other character including beastmaster.
>>
>>48708219
That's a bit better balanced since it doesn't give a big force multiplier to ability mods or bonus damage.
>>
>>48708286
yeah could you imagine a dual wielding berserker? doesn't work in system. dual wielding monk?
dual wielding rogue is actually strong but not because you want to actually dual wield ever, just for having a fallback attack to sneak attack with. dual wielding paladin is okay.
but yeah fair enough.
>>
Ok folks,

I got all these dice and I wanna use em. I love dice, dicey, dicey dice.

What class/build do you think is the most conducive to rolling the most varied dice or most dice in general?
>>
>>48708286
I've got a new player who has made a duel wielding beastmaster elf ranger with a badger pet. Not a dire badger. A badger. Should I tell her?...
>>
>>48708341
Literally any of the full spellcasters.
>>
>>48708296
I really like this.

level 6 fighter

Greatsword
> 2 x 2d6 +8 (18str)

Dual wielding Longswords
> 3 x 1d6 + 12 (18 Str)

Dual wielding daggers (light+finesse)
> 3 x 1d4 + 12 (18 Dex) + 1 x 1d4 (no mod)

Rapiers fuck this up though.
>>
>>48708341
most dice: assassin
varied dice: probably bard
>>
>>48708341
Wild Magic sorcerer. Cast Magic Missile, Sleep, and Fireball ONLY.
>>
>>48708369
Let her learn the hard way. Then be supportive when she rerolls after the character dies.

>>48708375
No one will be doing that with rapiers without the dual wielder feat. People deserve a tiny boost for a feat.
>>
File: 1461349713445.jpg (169KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1461349713445.jpg
169KB, 1240x1754px
>>48708375
>Greatsword
>> 2 x 2d6 +8 (18str)
avg 24
>Dual wielding Longswords
>> 3 x 1d6 + 12 (18 Str)
avg 22.5
>Dual wielding daggers (light+finesse)
>> 3 x 1d4 + 12 (18 Dex) + 1 x 1d4 (no mod)
avg 22
>Rapiers fuck this up though.
wait how so?
>>
>>48708438
I don't have the book with me, but aren't rapiers 1d8 finesse/light weapons?

So it'd be like
> 3 x 1d8 +12 (18 Dex) + 1 x 1d8 (no mod)
>>
>>48708482
Rapiers are finesse but not light.
>>
>>48708482
they aren't light, so it would be the same as longsword.
>>
>>48708482
>>48708503
(me again) which is fine that you forgot that i just didn't know if there was something i wasn't seeing.
>>
>>48708438
you can't assume anyone that's dual wielding isn't going to pick up 2WF.

>dual wielding shortswords, 2WF, 18 dex
>> 3d6+12 + 1d6 + 4
30 average damage

it's already immensely strong, rapiers would just add another +4 damage.
>>
Arcana monk ( the Arcane tricksters/eldritch knight of monks):

Lvl 3
You gain spell casting learning spells from the wizards list (same spell level/slot table as EK) and your ki points allow you to use two forms of metamagic you may choose from the sorcerer metamagic feature.

Wis is your casting stat and your spell save DC equals 8+proficiency modifier+Wis mod.

As you learn spells passed down through your monastic tradition you know them by heart and don't need to prepare them or write them down.

Learning a new spell takes 4 hours spent in meditation per spell level.

You regain all your spell slots on long rests.

Lvl 6 :
You learn ritual magic and automatically learn two lvl 1 spells from the wizards list as rituals (ritual tag required).

You may also ignore material components of all spells you cast from now on by expending ki equal to the spells level.

At lvl 11:
You may execute your Martial arts bonus action attack after using your action to cast a spell or you can expend 1 ki to utilize the flurry of blows feature.

At lvl 18 you can learn an additional 5 lvl 3 or lower spells from any class (spells do not need to be from the same class list) and cast them using your Wis stat.

You can expend 4 ki to cast these spells at their lowest level without expending spell slots.

Iron body monk (tradition takes body tempering through ki to extremes):

Lvl 3:
You use your wisdom modifier instead of your constitution modifier to calculate Hp and gain an additional 2 Hp per character level.

At lvl 6 :
You can cast the Shield spell on your self by expending 2 ki points.

At lvl 11:
You can add your Wis mod to all strength related checks (athletics, saving throws and attacks).

At lvl 18:
You may expend 3 ki points to use your action to execute a single devastating unarmed strike .
Target takes 6d10 bludgeon damage on hit and everything within 10 ft of you takes 4d10 thundering damage regardless of miss or hit.
>>
>>48708375
>Dual wielding daggers (light+finesse)
>> 3 x 1d4 + 12 (18 Dex) + 1 x 1d4 (no mod)
Isn't this actually just
4 x 1d4 + 16, using your bonus action, because you have the fighting style? 26 average, which seems high.
>>
>>48708569
oh i assumed instead that
>>48708219
>>When you take the attack action while wielding two light weapons, you can make an extra attack with your off-hand weapon.
meant that even with the feat you still only get your free attack with light weapons.
but it still leads to >>48708569
>>
Anyone who talks about stats or builds in D&D isn't worth playing with.

Y/N?
>>
>>48708576
>>48708569
>>48708518
>>48708503

So would it be better to still not gain the ability modifier on the off hand attack to keep it in line with 2 handers?

And then keep the normal rules, where you can use a bonus action to attack without the modifier with a light weapon?
>>
>>48708569
>>48708587
I meant it still leads to dagger issues a la >>48708576
but you're right anyway i think maybe? I don't know.

sorry my quoting is getting really convoluted.
>>
>>48706125
>verisimilitude
what
>>
>>48708603
I think (and this is just my own opinion), that dual wielding should be slightly less damage than 2handing, unless you use your bonus action which would bump it up to around the same DPR. mechanically and setting wise I think this makes the most sense.

the main issue here is that dual wielding scales terribly with extra attack, so if we can tackle that maybe we're onto something?
>>
File: cdd.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
cdd.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
Do any 5e books provide stats for a wendigo?

Is there any reference material available that provides character sheet for the major NPCs in Ravenloft? I'm running CoS right now. I have a whole crew of new players, so to seamlessly handle character death(yes I know about the dark gifts, two of them have already gone through the process) I was just going to let dead players take over "ally" NPCs. I was about to start writing player sheets for those chars, but figured I'd make sure someone else hadn't done the work for me already.
>>
>>48708601
>Y/N?
depends on how autistic they're being, i actually haven't played with anyone who has gotten to that point.

theorycrafting is like half the fun of the game when you're not playing though, so i dunno what you're on.
>>
>>48708573
>the Arcane tricksters/eldritch knight of monks
>can learn any wizard spell

Sorry to stop your Naruto fanfic mate, but AT and EK can only learn from limited schools, such as Enchan and Illus, or Abj and Evok.
>>
>>48708653
>the main issue here is that dual wielding scales terribly with extra attack, so if we can tackle that maybe we're onto something?
I think a bigger issue is that dual wielding fucks your capacity to use your bonus action. You're downgrading your damage either way, and then on top of that, to even stay on your curve you need to just say goodbye to any bonus action things you can do, and a guy with a greatsword or a sword and shield doesn't need to.
>>
File: 3.jpg (142KB, 654x663px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
142KB, 654x663px
can someone explain the mobs part of the dmg to me, I am mentally retarded and can't understand. I've read the damn thing 4 times.
>>
>>48708656

just re-fluff a really strong werewolf
>>
>>48708601
N
>>
>>48708601
It feels like if you take that out it takes the game out of role playing game. Pretending the game part of roleplaying game doesn't exist makes you look like you would rather be at improv drama club, not playing a game.
>>
Okay, let me start over with this Two weapon fighting thing.

Dual Wielder
> You can use two-weapon fighting even when the one handed melee weapons you are wielding aren’t light.

Two Weapon Fighting (rules)
> You can use a bonus action to make an attack with a light weapon, but you don't add ability mod.

Two Weapon Fighting Style (style)
>When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack.

SO, I think the best approach would be to make this single addition as a general rule:

NEW Two Weapon Fighting (rules)
> When wielding a weapon in both hands, and you take the attack action, you can make an additional attack with your off hand, but you don't add your ability modifier.
> When wielding a light weapon in your off hand, you can use use your bonus action to make an additional attack, but you don't add your ability modifier.

NEW Two Weapon Fighting (style)
> When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the additional attack of your attack action.
>>
>>48708616
It's a signal word for "I am a faggot and will try to ruin other people's fun for realism."
>>
>>48708743
what in his post had anything to do with " " realism?
>>
>>48708732
So what you are suggesting is if I'm a level 1 fighter with two weapons, you can make the attack with your main hand, then make an additional attack cause you used the attack action, and as a bonus action if it's a light weapon you can attack again? In total 3 attacks
>>
>>48708803
2d6 + 3 = 11.333333
3 x 1d4 + 6 = 13.5
1d8 +5 = 9.5
could use some tweaking
>>
>>48708732
>>48708803
we could just get rid of the bonus action altogether.

it'd make the damage stay the same, but players would at least keep their bonus action.
>>
>>48708710
>I have 17 AC
>The peasants attack bonus is a +2
>If they roll a 15 naturally, they can hit me, as 15+2=17
>Refer to table, 4 peasants are required to hit me once
>If only 3 peasants attack me, I don't get hit
>If 4 peasants attack me, I get hit once
>If 6 peasants attack me, I get hit once
>If 8 peasants attack me, I get hit twice
>>
>>48708777
Every verisimilitude argument is essentially to make extra rules for stuff that doesn't need extra rules. Usually people do this because of "realism."

ex: "I don't think a medium human should be able to grapple a large creature, so let's give the large creature bonuses because of its size and advantage for verisimilitude."
>>
>>48708777
It's more about consistency than realism. Things working in the same way so players have a sense that theyre in a world with clear rules and therefore can make clear choices based on those ruless
>>
>>48708835
yeah but i think the things he actually listed don't have anything to do with realism, or rather... i guess sadly that kid has oriented his compass for realism in games towards 3.pf.
but what he really wants is mechanical gritbloat
so ok i revise my opinion, you were correct in the first place.
>>
>>48708832
You have to remember how out of control dual weapon fighting can get. If you all the second attack with no action required, a swashbuckler rogue can walk in, attack twice, and then bonus action dash back 30 feet. A ranger can immediately start his dual wield barrage, and I guess a lesser issue a Dex pally can ready up a divine favor for 2d4 radiant damage on two hits.

I used to be the same way with dual wielding but you gotta be careful cause the classes that can use it use it very very hard.
>>
>>48708869
Now you get it. These arguments come from people who doesn't think about how they impact actual play.

Also they tend to forget D&D martials are basically super human at 16 or higher strength/dexterity.
>>
>>48708573
Continued:

Heavenly transformation monk (shapeshifting theme)

At lvl 3:
You learn the alter self spell and can cast it by expending 1 ki.
You do not need any material components to cast it and don't need to maintain concentration as it's duration is set at 1 hour or until you cancel the spell as a free action.
Any natural weapons gained through this spell count as monk weapons.

At lvl 6 you may expend 1 ki to grow additional pairs of spectral arms that will be used to execute an additional unarmed strike each when you take the attack action to make a melee weapon attack.
You may have up to twice your monk level of spectral arms.

At lvl 11:
You gain the shape change feature which lets you change your shape into either an inanimate object or a creature of a CR equal or lower to your proficiency bonus + Wis mod.
You have to spend 1 hour observing said object or creature to learn its form.
General shape change rules apply.

At lvl 18:
You may use all your monk features while in any shape ( yes you can now punch as a cat)
>>
>>48708710
It's just a ham-fisted attempt to nerf the hectopeasant.
>>
>>48708896
>>48708832
>>48708831

What if bonus action off hand attack only applies if BOTH weapons are light, and it doesn't get the proficiency bonus to hit?

Or attach that to the Dual Wielder feat so it costs a feat / ASI to get that extra attack?
>>
>>48708689
I didn't clarify that it's like that as well
With the exception of the ritual spells all other spells they learn (except at specific levels like EK) are evocation or transmutation.
>>
>>48704621
Feat allows you to use two weapon fighting as part of an attack action.
>>
>>48708860
name one actual problem you would like addressed
>>
>>48708896
that'll only make it strong early on. afterwards, other martial classes will eventually outscale them.
>>
>>48708833

>If 4 peasants attack me, I get hit once
>If 8 peasants attack me, I get hit twice

because 8 is 4+4 thus double thus why its twice, right?
>>
>>48708860
As opposed to making clear choices based on what happens in the game? Why are the rules visible to characters?
>>
>>48708925
Here is the issue with 3 attacks. A level 2 ranger with your feat and fighting style with 1 bonus action of preparation and all the attacks hit, do 6d6+6. This is using the light shortswords and two attacks getting the modifier. That is an average 24 damage coming from something with less than 20 health a turn. They need to hold concentration but until something does more than 20 points of damage that is a DC 10.

Look I know what you are doing man but trust me two weapon fighting really can't be balanced in one way that doesn't make the others unstoppable.
>>
>>48708921

hectopeasant? peasants on all sides?
>>
>>48709019
Yep.
>>
>>48698168

I did an almost exact copy of the library/bookshelf puzzle from FF7 in when climbing Shinra's HQ.

No one noticed it's origin except my brother, whom punched me in the arm for choosing "the gayest puzzle". (I switched up the book names, it wasn't exactly the same!)
>>
>>48709031
I would have made two weapon fighting only give the benefit of defensive duelist. Weapons made for dual wielding were mostly there to parry incoming attacks.
>>
>>48708703
Its okay though because dual wielding is gay and people that like it need to be punished for using it.
>>
>>48698168
I'm guilty of directly ripping the "Speak friend, and enter" riddle from LOTR. ("friend" replaced with "truth")

It still took them almost an hour to figure out. And not because they'd heard ofi t and were thinking there was no way i'd directly use such a well-known puzzle.
>>
>>48709095
moshi moshi bait d esu
>>
>>48709095
lmao tru
>>
>>48708573
>>48708911
and you too >>48708689

What do you think of my take on the Arcane monk? The idea is actually more Doctor Strange to Shotos from Street Fighter (low kick into hadouken) type stuff.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1-L3BTod
>>
>>48709050
Then do that, adding more attacks is way too much.
>>
>>48709035
Hecto, from the Greek for 100. Same as from hectare or hecatonchires. 100 peasants, an early form of 5e measurement used to describe the durability of a given character or creatures. How many hectopeasants does it take, on average, to deal enough damage to kill in one turn?
>>
>>48709095
*teleports behind you*
heh... nothing personnell... kid...
>>
>>48709031
Well then I guess I can go back to this >>48708732 and just remove the bonus action as an attack portion.

Everything else the same.

> Attack action lets you swing normally with your main hand, and get an additional attack with your off hand w/o modifier.
> Fighting style lets you add your ability mod.
> Dual Wielder lets you use not-light weapons.

Level 1
Greataxe
> 1d12 + 4
Greatsword
> 2d6 + 4
2xDaggers (TWF)
> 2d4 + 8
2x Longswords (TWF+DW Feat)
> 2d6 + 8

Level 5
Greataxe
> 2d12+8
Greatsword
> 4d6 + 8
2xDaggers (TWF)
> 3d4 + 12
2x Longswords (TWF+DW Feat)
> 3d6 + 12
>>
>>48709138
It's too weak for a 1/3d caster.

Only the lvl 3 feature that lets you cast a cantrip instead of FOB is decent.

The other features need rework.
Spell/level table.
What spells you learn.
How do you learn/preppare them.
Etc.

It needs a lot of work.
>>
File: peasants.jpg (107KB, 1024x422px) Image search: [Google]
peasants.jpg
107KB, 1024x422px
>>48709155

wait so 100 peasants is what is needed to kill a level 20 character in 5e?
>>
>>48709251
>The other features need rework.
>Spell/level table.
> What spells you learn.
> How do you learn/preppare them.
> Etc.

> It needs a lot of work.

Use the mental exercise and just replace everything with EK (with the only difference being Divination / Conjuration spells, as opposed to Abjur / Evocation). Everything else is the same unless otherwise noted. In fact, I think I listed the differences.
>>
Aye YO

College of War Bard, Life Domain Cleric, Totem Barbarian, Champion Fighter, or Devotion Paladin?
>>
>>48709326
yuhh
>>
File: 1458799642911.jpg (15KB, 179x166px) Image search: [Google]
1458799642911.jpg
15KB, 179x166px
>>48709231
>all that discussion and all we ended up doing is removing the bonus action
>>
>>48709231
This is also not factoring in rerolling 1's and 2's for Great Weapon Fighting, or the flat +10 bonus damage from Great Weapon Mastery.

If my math is right, this is probably a more balanced approach than the other stuff in the thread.
>>
>>48709397
You'd be surprised just how many HUGE problems in the engineering world are remedied by the smallest fixes.
>>
>>48709352
Which one should I play?

>War bard is sexy because I can do pretty much anything, I also have a character concept in mind that I've had for a long time.
>Life Cleric would just be fun to play because being a heal slut is master race for fun
>Totem barbarian would be fun because I have a build I've been thinking up that would super durable and never die.
>Champion Fighter, Fighters are the coolest class period.
>Devotion Paladin, being the hero is fun.
>>
>>48709231
Why are you using daggers instead of shortswords?
>>
>>48709466
Fighter and barb I'd recommend the least.
Bard I'd recommend the most.
>>
>>48709095
*teleports behind you*
*unsheathes katana*
*unsheathes second katana and dual wields*
psssh
>>
>>48709466
>war bard
nice
>life cleric
if being a cumdump is your idea of fun...
>totem barbarian
literally every barb ever
>champion fighter
common, but nice
>devotion paladin
i'm the protagonist: the class
>>
>>48709466
> do pretty much anything,
no.

>just be fun to play
true

>and never die.
Can I DM for you?

>being the hero is fun.
anyone is can be the hero.

My vote is for GOO/tome warlock.
>>
>>48709466
>heal slut
You should not play.
>>
>>48709274
Depends on the creature or character's armor class, hit points, and relevant resistances. Armor class affects how many hits the hectopeasant will land, and hit points (and relevant resistances) determine how much damage is necessary. An AC 10 creature is going to have a far lower hectopeasant value than an AC 22 creature with the same hit points.
>>
>>48709466
>Champion Fighter, Fighters are the coolest class period.
Looks like you already answered your own question.
>>
If someone uses Comprehend Languages on a piece of written text, can he also speak the language in question (or vice versa)?
>>
>>48709466
Dedicated healer is the least useful role you can fill. You're not in 4e.
>>
>>48709536
i say no
>>
>>48709536
No. You can understand it but you can't speak back.
>>
>>48709543
Dedicated healers can still throw damaging cantrips and shit, you aren't sitting and playing with your dick if people aren't hurt.

I wish there was some sort of endurance meatgrinder where we could reliably compare classes.
>>
>>48709633
Yeah, but when you realize that, you realize it's more useful to be any other kind of cleric since the healing role takes up so little of your time.
>>
>>48709708
But not so little of your spell slots. During your normal time you have your cantrips and your melee attacks with bonus radiant damage with no cost, along with heavy armor and shield proficiencies.

The healing boosts let you stretch your spell slots further. Your heals are force multiplyers for everyone else in your party.
>>
>>48709825
>Your heals are force multiplyers for everyone else in your party.
But thats wrong you fucking retard. Buffs are force multipliers for everyone in your party, things like bless.

Healing magic literally does nothing until someone is at 0 hit points, and if you heal them before then you are wasting your spell slots and actually helping your allies get killed.

If one of your party members gets hit for 30 damage and they aren't downed, just cast Spirtual Weapon or Hold Person instead of healing them. And when you heal them you are better off just using a 1st level spell slot to get them up since there is no difference between 1 hp and 15, and anything that is strong enough to be downing party members can chew through 3d8 points of healing as easily as it could 1d8.

Thats why its shit, and you can easily run 5e without any "healer". In combat healing is almost always terrible, and out of combat healing is usually best accomplished with short rests.
>>
>>48709633
>>48709708
>>48709825
Speaking of dedicated healers, what do you fine gents think of this healing / support focused bard archetype: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HJtVb9Uw
>>
>>48710018
Or you could use every spell slot for bringing up teammates that fall below 0 hp.
>>
Has anyone ever designed a "wizard in denial" character? The kind who use spells but don't even know they are
For example:
>Not-wizard finds a locked door
>He slams his fist on the door in frustration, a booming knock echoing throughout the area as the door flies open
Or
>Party needs logs formed into planks
>Not-wizard has a history of carpentry and in 10 minutes of hard work and sawmilling, turns a pile of logs into a pile of lumber
Or
>Not-wizard is confronted with a particularly gruesome flesh golem
>He gets queasy looking at it and vomits all over it, his spray of stomach acid damaging the golem
>>
>>48709478
Also I think longswords are a d8. Either way I'd agree that the bonus action is the real problem. The only question left after that is just if dual wielding then becomes something that's too useful to not do for anyone. Rogues were kind of already there for melee since they don't really use their offhand and it's an extra chance to trigger sneak attack if they missed with their first attack, only now it's slightly better. Monks would probably be pushed into always using two short swords if dual wielding didn't compete with martial arts and their other bonus action stuff. Otherwise I think it mostly just makes it a more valid choice for rangers since they use bonus actions for spells often. I don't remember if paladins can even pick dual wielding style, but it would be the same as rangers really

The fighting style itself making the off-hand attack part of the attack action instead of a bonus action might be the way to go, but I can't think of a way to word that well, and that seems like a lot of benefits just for a fighting style
>>48710046
As a general rule I'd say it takes more actions to get the same benefits in terms of party likelihood of surviving if you only focus on healing for an encounter, so it isn't really as effective. The only real exceptions I can think of is if you're absurdly good at healing or anything else you could do to contribute to a fight is just not that likely to succeed
>>
>>48710018
I agree that healing spells are wasted actions mid-combat, but restoring somebody from 0 hit points is less optimal than preventing him from falling to 0 hit points, as the cure wounds spell still leaves your ally prone. Of course, you never have perfect knowledge of when your allies will cross that line, so you're better off helping neutralize your enemies than healing your friends. An ounce of prevention vs. pound of cure holds true in D&D.
>>
>>48710125
Would make more sense with a sorcerer. Wizards have to make an effort to memorize spells each day and such.
>>
>>48710125
You would literally have to be a sorcerer. If your a wizard you studied magic.

>>48710130
If you're a life cleric you get tons of stacking bonus's for healing, and you can get decent abilities for damaging magic and attacks.

enemies can easily resist spells, powerful enemies can actually just choose to resist shit whenever they want. Healing is always effective.
>>
>>48710205
>powerful enemies can actually just choose to resist shit whenever they want. Healing is always effective.

If you are fighting against an enemy that strong they can always outdamage your healing spells, and you are better off just trying to singlehandedly end the encounter with a save or suck.

Sandbagging your all your spellslots until an ally hits 0 is not only completely silly, its also the worst way to try and help your party members. Cast buffs instead if you don't want to steal the limelight or what have you. Shield of faith and bless will proactively "heal" more hit points than any other 1st level cure spell for instance. The MMO style healer you are looking for doesn't exist in 5e.
>>
>>48710170
Getting up from prone does not take your action, just half your movement. If you aren't readying an action to heal your ally until just before their turn you are playing completely retarded and it makes healing spells even worse, since an enemy would just be able to down your ally again before they even get a turn, shutting down your whole turn and theirs.
>>
>>48710511
>The MMO style X you are looking for doesn't exist in 5e.
/thread
not rly but its page 8 what u want frm me
>>
>>48710511
>outdamage your healing spells,
I never understood this. You are 1 of 3-5 characters, you can almost never outdamage, outheal, outtank, out-anything the solo monster. But that doesn't meant he rogue should stop shooting, it just means it isn't an easy encounter. It doesn't make healing good but the argument you're making is based on a fallacy.
>>
>>48698168
There was a door with a special lock on it, probably some key code. We busted it down.

There was another door with some runes we had to press in a certain order to open it, we ended up brute forcing it due to lack of foresight on our part.

There was also a path we had to take to a building where you had to walk to it in a certain way or the path would be destroyed. Our fighter decided to book it across, which caused it to self destruct and we failed our objective.

There's also been a few sort of riddles, or situations we had to guess on based on how another weird door worked. I feel bad for our DM. When our party isn't screwing itself over we're trying to smash things open.
>>
>>48710563
Costing half your movement is worse than not suffering the prone condition in the first place. As for reading your action for "just before their turn," I suspect that would be subject to DM interpretation of how one readies an action, so I wouldn't consider that a strong general-audience suggestion.
>>
>>48710572
Which is exactly why proactive healing is bad. You actually need as many party members as possible trying to kill the monster. You just said you can't outheal the monster, and you are right. Proactive in combat healing won't work, it wastes your action, one that could be spent trying to kill the enemy. You should only ever heal someone else if they are down and will get at least one turn to attack the monster out of it.

Think about it like this, a monster does 75%-100% of a pcs health in damage every turn. Your healing spells will restore 25%-50% of an allies HP (because you chose healing domain, so your healing spells are that strong! Really though, they are almost never going to be this strong).

So if you heal an ally before they are dropped, you essentially just skipped your turn because the monster was going to take them out in one more hit regardless of what you did. Your argument using the rogue is fallacious because the rogue is dealing damage, not healing people. Its a completely different thing.

And finally, if the monster ISN'T doing that much damage every turn, then why waste your turns in combat healing? If its only taking out 30% of a pcs HP every turn, just trying to work with your party to do more damage and kill the monster faster is still the better choice, because stopping the monster from getting its 4th turn and ability to down a PC is a much more effective kind of healing.
>>
>>48710790
what kind of monsters have you been fighting that can consistently 100 to 0 your PCs?
>>
>>48710790
>Think about it like this, a monster does 75%-100% of a pcs health in damage every turn.
now you're just being ridiculous
also if thats true then that pc deserves to be kilt coz with hp that low he should be avoiding getting hit in the first place
>>
>>48710125
Best ones for that would be Sorcerer of Bard.

Sorcerer because their magic comes from within, not years and years of study of arcane theorum.

Bard could also do it because it's literally the power of music that makes their spells work.
>>
>>48710790
You are proposing that every single turn you will have two options with healing:
1. heal ally that will go from 100 to 0 from a hit anyways, so it's wasted
2. heal ally that will take % of its HP that means they won't fall, so it's wasted
(3. heal ally that is unconscious, this being the only case healing is good according to you)
What about further turns? If they do 30% per hit, and that ally is at 40% hp, why would you not heal them now instead of waiting just for that tiny bit more hp but risking them losing their turn and the prone stuff? And yes, it is a risk, and isn't generally that good, to ready a spell. First, it takes up concentration, so it can be broken, and it most likely breaks something since you are a cleric and should be buffing. Second, if the ally is moved or something the spell will simply be wasted since you can't just cancel it without losing the spell slot. Third, you are putting yourself right next to the guy you expect to get hit - what if they hit you instead? Some of these can be avoided with Healing Word but that is a bonus action so it can't be readied, in which case you probably can't heal them right before their turn.

Also, you did not at all refute my point. The monster will be better at any single thing than any individual PC, but combined the PCs are meant to defeat it. It's irrelevant if it does more damage than you can heal, that is like saying your rogue is, yet again, doing less damage than it has HP. Combat does not take a single turn. Damage control is not amazing in D&D, healing is not amazing, but this is a fallacy and thinking that any healing that is not reviving or out-healing the damage of enemies is "wasted" is utterly retarded.
>>
>>48710766
>As for reading your action for "just before their turn," I suspect that would be subject to DM interpretation of how one readies an action, so I wouldn't consider that a strong general-audience suggestion.

I don't see how thats open to DM interpretation at all. Maybe I haven't made myself clear, ill provide an example:

>The shit way
While fighting a troll the party fighter is knocked unconscious, turn order goes like this: Cleric>Troll>Fighter. You (the cleric) walk up to the fighter and heal him. The troll goes and then downs the fighter AGAIN with his first attack (because he is prone, its made with advantage, and even a level 3 cure spell doesn't measure up to a claw attack or two). The troll still has more attacks left over after this so he continues to wreck shit. You and the fighter have accomplished nothing.

>The good way.
Same scenario as above, but you ready an action, the trigger being once the troll is done attacking you will heal the fighter. The fighter can now stand up and attack the troll.

>The shittiest way
The cleric heals all of his party members as soon as they take damage, whether or not they are unconscious. His healing spells even cast at max level with good rolls don't even come close to matching the trolls damage with good rolls (or god forbid crits). The whole party is wiped because they needed the cleric to be attacking in order to out damage the trolls regeneration and he used all his high level spell slots on useless casting level 3 cure wounds instead of saving them until people were downed so he could cast Mass Healing Word when things were looking grim, or spirit guardians at the beginning of the fight.

While I'm thinking about it though, most monsters do a bit more than twice as much damage as the highest level healing spell an appropriately leveled life cleric can do in a single turn. So its close to being worth it with a raging barbarian in the party.
>>
>>48710790
>Every fight is a DPR race

Go play something else, pls.
>>
>>48711127
not him

the drawback is that if your reaction doesn't trigger (say if the fighter doesn't get knocked out) then you've essentially wasted a turn. you could also have a pretty shitty DM who metas you and chooses a different target.

that said, i still like it, since you have a chance to negate the shitty turn order if you have some degree of foresight.
>>
>>48710838
>>48710839
The troll is a medium difficulty encounter for a part of 5 level 4 PCs. On average! it does 29 damage a turn. That is between 75% and 100% of most level 4 PCs I can think of. Try harder.

Remember, thats for a MEDIUM difficulty encounter, something in the hard range would almost always be dropping one PC a turn.

Try harder.
>>
>>48711210
Readying actions is really well done I think. It's almost always less effective with no bonus action or movement possible, as well as taking up your reaction. For spells, where timing can be really important, it is even worse, requiring concentration and spending the spell slot even if the trigger never happens. It means it can be used in some situations, especially Fog Cloud ambushes and the like, but can't be abused to just delay your turn to a better point in time.
>>
>>48711248
>every attack will hit, ALL THE TIME!
lmao, are you fighting these guys naked or some shit?
>>
>>48711086
>What about further turns? If they do 30% per hit, and that ally is at 40% hp, why would you not heal them now instead of waiting just for that tiny bit more hp but risking them losing their turn and the prone stuff?

In your hypothetical if you merely attacked the monster instead of healing the ally, the monster may be defeated, meaning your ally would not need to be healed by you, so its pretty inferior.

>It's irrelevant if it does more damage than you can heal, that is like saying your rogue is, yet again, doing less damage than it has HP.

I don't know what I have to say here to get through to you. Healing a PC and dealing damage to a monster are two entirely different things. Dealing damage to a monster always gets you closer to the end point of finishing the encounter. Healing not so much. Maybe taking this argument to the absurd maximum will maybe prove my point? Here, like I said this is absurd, but you may understand what I mean with this example: The party all has access to healing. An infinite amount of HP recovered, infinite times per day. Every turn in combat, the PCs use their action to heal, and so can do nothing else. The monster attacks them, they heal. The monster takes no damage because they cannot attack it either. Because they heal. The PCs cannot kill the monster using this strategy. It will never happen.
In another example, PCs have no healing, but do infinite damage with their action every turn instead. They kill the monster, and if it got the drop on them and damages some PCs before they could act they just take a short rest later.
>>
>>48711210
I don't think you read my post. In my example the fighter is already unconscious, and your ready action trigger is for when the troll is done attacking again. If the troll doesn't ever attack your party members again through some sort of weird DM metagamery I think you are in a pretty good spot to win the encounter.

But seriously bro, read the post. I tried really hard to make it idiot proof. If I fucked that up can you at least tell me what was unclear?
>>
>>48711359
Troll attacks are +7 so averaging across a typical party they'll probably hit most of their attacks right?
not even that guy just posting my thoughts
>>
>>48711359
It has +7 to hit, which means ON AVERAGE (10.5, or 11 on a d20) it will hit AC 18 or lower with all of its attacks. Most point buy PCs will have 18 AC or lower at level 4.

If you don't want to talk about AVERAGES then we can factor in crits, which make the argument really unfair for healers (since even if you top off a PC to full HP its very likely that crits can instantly KO that person, meaning that pre KO heals are even worse than they already are).
>>
>>48711479
okay, so the trigger is whenever the troll finishes his attack, you heal whomever the troll attacks, right?

what if he attacks multiple targets, in that case?

I'm just saying, at least at the tables i've been, you can't ready an action if you don't have a specific trigger and a target in mind. a "i'll just whoever got hit by the troll" wouldn't work.
>>
File: CgHh1WkWcAADMT9.jpg (14KB, 368x294px) Image search: [Google]
CgHh1WkWcAADMT9.jpg
14KB, 368x294px
>>48711479
>I'm readying my action
>Okay what's the trigger?
>When the troll doesn't take an action
>>
>>48703743
>missing the joke
>>
>>48711428
Do you think Second Wind is useless since it doesn't outheal the damage of a monster? Also, I never said healing is good. The main reason I think so is that it's a limited resource that is as good out of combat as in, because as you say it doesn't contribute to end the encounter, meaning you lose hp overall. But that doesn't mean it doesn't contribute anything to the fight. If you did have infinite healing, and played an archetype that got better heals than others, why wouldn't you effectively reduce the monster's damage output by 30-50%? And the rogue example is an abstract one, to demonstrate how completely redundant it is to compare the monster's damage output to your healing. The fact is, even if you only heal a fraction of it, as long as you are healing just 25% of its damage in a 4-man party you are doing your "part" in the "everybody is healing" extreme example, freeing up others to do other things. This is exactly the same concept as MMOs, there also you can't always outheal a mob's damage, you are merely prolonging how long your party can fight so they can defeat the enemy, and with your mediocre (at best) damage that is more worth your time than trying to end it 2% faster by punching it.

Also, read the rest of my post. Readying actions isn't completely safe, and means you cannot use any buffs while this is all going on. If monsters drop one party member every turn then you will never be able to use buffs as a cleric. That raises questions of just how effective you are being.
>>
>>48711606
No, no, no. I guess I did make that unclear then.
In the example this is what I mean when you are playing smart.
>Your turn
You attack the troll
>trolls turn
troll attacks the fighter, KOs him.
>fighters turn
Doesn't roll a natural 20 on death saving throw, so he is unconscious.

>Your turns up again
Ready action to heal the fighter once the troll is done attacking
>Trolls turn
He finishes attacking someone. Whatever
>Your readied action
You heal the fighter, he can now take his turn as opposed to being healed on your turn and instantly downed by the troll on its turn (because he would be prone and have almost no HP, even if you did use a high level slot) The troll would probably still have 2 attacks left to wreck face with after wasting your turn (and the fighters) too.
>Fighters turn
He can stand up now and do fighter things, like troll slaying.
>>
>>48711564
>>48711604

>18 AC Fighter
>Troll has +7 to hit
>Troll must roll an 11 or higher to hit

a troll will then have exactly 50% to hit, which means on AVERAGE their DPR is halved, since they can potentially miss with that attack.
>>
>>48711850
>party probably has 1 fighter or other character with 18AC
give me a heads up when your point is relevant lel
>>
>>48711815
Ah ok, yeah I don't see anything wrong with that
>>
Anyone have a good drunken fist type build? I'd like to roll a monk who gets a bonus when he drinks. Could be fun.
>>
>>48711815
>He finishes attacking someone. Whatever
AKA knocks someone else out, according to your previous assumptions. So in this fight someone will always be unconscious, losing their turn, you will be unable to use concentration buffs, and of course if that "someone" is you then you go out and without another healer or a crit on death save it will take a couple of turns for the rest of the party to be unconscious as well. I really don't see how this is effective.
>>
>>48711675
Second wind uses a bonus action and you can't decide to use your second wind for non-healing things instead.

A cleric could use a spell slot for spiritual weapon or a cure spell for instance, a fighter does not have that option with second wind (and in general can't do other things with his bonus action unless he picks up a feat or TWF).

>and then I read the rest of your post.

It doesn't matter if you heal 25% of the damage a mosnter dealt, the damage it deals (and how much you heal) is unimportant, I tried to get that through to you but I guess it just isn't working. If the monster attacks 5 PCs and it attacks a different PC on each of its turns, and does 90% of their HP in damage to each, and dies after 5 turns of everyone but you (who healed people instead of wacking on it) attacking it, you didn't "do your part" you accomplished nothing. The party takes a rest after the fight and you never actually did a damn thing to help even if you did heal 25% of the total damage done.

Second off if you think the clerics non-healing spells or damage options are subpar you need to reread the rulebook. I could understand your opinion if you really did think that you could only end an encounter 2% faster by punching something or using their damaging spells instead of healing.

Finally, if more than one person is downed in your party (through bad rolls or a tough encounter) clerics really get to shine. They can cast Mass healing word or Aid and get everyone else up. Both are spells that would really suck if cast preemptively but are much better as a reactionary thing once people are downed.
>>
>>48712162
You're right, it would be better to just attack. Thanks for proving my point :^)

In combat healing sucks, this was the only corner case that I was saying could be beneficial, when people are already knocked out.
>>
>>48712233
>It doesn't matter if you heal 25% of the damage a mosnter dealt, the damage it deals (and how much you heal) is unimportant

Meant to add its what the damage actually DOES is important. being at 8000 hp or 1 hp its all the same until you hit 0. Which is why only getting people up is good.
>>
>>48712334
It's mostly how you're getting people up. I think 99% of the time Cure Wounds will be a waste, but if you can either (a) prevent someone from going down (you're assuming a lot when you assume the enemy will guaranteed down the fighter every turn) or (b) get someone back up. For b, healing word is best, and for a, even if it is very rare, any healing works. I have stressed this every post I think, healing isn't good. But it is still a fallacy to say that the one reason for that is that the cleric as 1/4th of the party is unable to out-heal a monster that can single-handedly take on the party.
>>
Anyone got that PDF of all character creation options
>>
>>48699411
Are you still here?
>>
>>48712564
Only the one with an assortment of different races fucking your mom.
>>
>>48712564
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61gmR1A16Qhc0tzRF9Fa2FIMHM/view

this doesn't have the newest UA though, if anyone has a more updated version feel free to post
>>
>>48712498
Perhaps I have gotten you confused with the man that wanted to build a healing cleric then. I just wanted to show that what he was after doesn't exist in 5e. That like you said, 99% of the time healing in combat is shit unless someone is unconscious
>>
>>48712130
I did this once with a barbarian. When he got drunk he got into his rage but couldn't do so otherwise. Meaning that he could go into rage an infinite number of times at level 1. It was amazing and fun as all hell.
>>
which setting you play your games in?
>>
>>48712874
Starts with an E, ends with an argument. Right now we're adventuring around Not-Las-Vegas though.
>>
>>48712874
I have a world I've been putting tons of work into so if I run a game it's usually there, it's large enough and has some quite different time periods so there's a fair bit of diversity. My main game is as a player though, where we're doing modified FR (new countries and some stuff changed that the GM didn't like, but similar overall with the pantheon etc).
>>
>>48712874
OC setting that's basically Tamriel but everything's a bit swapped around and there's no political disagreements.
>>
>>48712874
Custom setting with various Earth pantheons. Since we are about to get to a city while I finally have an Intelligent PC, I'm excited to find out more about the world.

I'm looking at starting up a game with the setting of Bayern from the book series. I'm still divided on whether I will use 5e with restricted class options for casters, or make my own system.
>>
New Thread

>>48713238
Thread posts: 392
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.