[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In this setting, all contracts are sealed with magic >If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1462630075113.jpg (396KB, 1045x1226px) Image search: [Google]
1462630075113.jpg
396KB, 1045x1226px
>In this setting, all contracts are sealed with magic
>If you knowingly break a contract, the magic activates and puts a mark on your face
>All will know you for an honorless dog
>The state still enforces basic law, but honor rules supreme
>This allows the kingdom to nearly approximate ideal anarcho-capitalism
>Prosperity has filled the land as people are able to succeed on their own merit
>Paladins are the judges of contracts
>Should someone abuse a contract, the victim may call for a Paladin
>The Paladin will evaluate the contract, the circumstances and intent, and dispense justice
>If justice requires the annulment of the contract, seppuku is offered
>If seppuku is denied, the Paladin either kills them or brands them honorless as needed
>Thus, prosperity continues

>Your challenge is to play a Paladin who is marked as honorless
>And not for a trivial contract, but a serious fuck-up
>>
Nah OP, sounds boring. Lets play pirates instead!
>>
That sounds fucking boring op.
>>
Boring. Let's play mutants and Masterminds instead.
>>
>>48680669
This is stupid
>>
>>48680669
>Always wear my helmet
>Claim it's part of a contract
Blam! Done. I also have an excuse not to not be wearing armor to avoid dickass GM's.
>>
>>48680669
Honor is for nitwits and idiots.
>>
>>48680669
I don't really like this idea. So you use this magic for contracts - how large an agreement does it have to be? Do I have to call the paladin if I want to borrow stablehand Joe's horse for a couple weeks to take a journey into town? And if I come back late because of flooding, is it fair to get automatically branded - I am breaking the contract knowingly, but it's because of something outside of my control.

On top of this, if a paladin is supposed to judge all contracts, who the hell judges a paladin? Because to be marked, the paladin would have had to have been under a contract. So you set up paladins as some super law man, and then you gotta put a super duper law man to explain how come my super law man isn't above the rules.
>>
>>48681418
OP didn't say paladins cast the contract magic, just that they settle disputes, such as when the brand hasn't activated on either party (because no one knowingly broke the deal) but at least one says the contract was fucked over.

Signing a contract could be as easy as writing it down and both of you putting your blood on it.
>>
>>48681481
But the paladins judge the contracts, and the circumstances and intent of why they were broken. Why waste expensive magic on a contract that a paladin won't be there to judge for the making of, if it's a contract that's definitely unfair and any marking would have to be annulled?
>>
>>48681593
>assuming the magic is more expensive than a lawyer
>assuming the unfairness of the contract was apparent when it was made

You know what they say about assuming, don't you?

If you see a "problem" why are you making something bad out of it, rather than something interesting?
>>
>>48681641

Because it's still fucking stupid. If the spell is smart enough to adjudicate the contract, the paladins are unnecessary. If the paladins are necessary then the spell isn't doing its job.

There is something fucking wrong with you if you look at a turd and think "but how can I make this delicious" instead of just eating something else.
>>
>>48680669
>All the paladins are bought off by wealthy landlords
>Or killed by armies of mercenaries hired by said landlords
>Or the paladins are corrupted naturally by the power they hold over society
>And start running a protection racket, get rich, and become wealthy landlords themselves
>Feudalism ensues
>Was your contract unfair?
>Too bad, no-one cares
>Enjoy your mark, you honourless peasant
>>
>>48684669
I agree with you anon.

Should be only contracts overseen by the pallys. Another Pally (pally 2) adjudicates any contract between pally 1 and another party.

Paladins therefore are called on to adjudicate the contracts that they preside over.

If a paladin is knowingly unfair (judged by said god of justice or whatever) then they get marked - this is how said op paladin was marked he knowingly ruled against another party to save some Bullshit chick from being sold into slavery or something.
>>
>>48681418
>And if I come back late because of flooding, is it fair to get automatically branded - I am breaking the contract knowingly, but it's because of something outside of my control.

Yes, you get branded. A true capitalist ubermensch would've known beforehand that their road might be blocked by flooding, and would have planned ahead to avoid the delay. This goes for any possible setback that could ever possibly happen - you should've foreseen it and planned around it, no matter how unexpected the setback or how limited your resources.

And now because of this one mistake, the rest of your life will now be infinitely harder, if not ruined entirely. And it's all your fault (even if it proveably isn't).

>Why yes, this system is fucking retarded - that's anarcho-capitalism in a nutshell.
>>
>>48680669
Go away
>>
>>48684742
>If a paladin is knowingly unfair (judged by said god of justice or whatever) then they get marked

Then this isn't anarcho-capitalism. Anarcho-capitalism demands that there be no overarching authority regulating business transactions. But this whole paladin system is a divinely-mandated regulatory body.

This is just regular old capitalism, held in check by an all-powerful police force. A police force which, by virtue of holding a monopoly on legitimate usage of force, make up a de facto government.
>>
File: shyguy.jpg (915KB, 1920x1055px) Image search: [Google]
shyguy.jpg
915KB, 1920x1055px
>>48680669

>A large group of honorless mass together wearing body-concealing outfits to prevent themselves from being pre-judged, eventually forming their own civilizations. They are known as thieves and treated with constant suspicion.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.