[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good evening /tg/ I am a long time D&D player and as of late

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_motn902l9I1r9r8lto1_1280.png (956KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_motn902l9I1r9r8lto1_1280.png
956KB, 1280x960px
Good evening /tg/ I am a long time D&D player and as of late my playgroup and I have been tossing around the idea of doing a mecha based game. The only problem, is that every game I seem to come across is a tabletop figurine game which while cool in its own right is not quite what we are looking for.

Are there any good d20 based mecha games out there? If so what would you recommend? I appreciate your time.

>tldr What are some good d20 based mecha games?
>>
>>48676272
d20 based as in they use the twenty-sided die, or d20 based as in they use the OGL setup with classes, levels, and feats?
>>
>>48676272
No, not d20 based.
Apologies.
>>
File: Armored_Corhe_2_Cover_AC.jpg (45KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Armored_Corhe_2_Cover_AC.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
>>48676317
Twenty sided die. We are looking for customization of mechs to an extent but it doesn't need to have classes and feats necessarily.

>>48676327 Thank you anyways.
>>
>>48676626
Of all things, D&D4e gets brought up as a potential mech game if you do a good deal of refluffing. Classes become chasis, Races become manufacturers, Powers are what gear your mech has (e.g. AoE encounter power becomes a missile pack, at-will ranged attack is standard HMG, Utility powers can be one-use jump jets or a swarm of repair drones, etc.), combat roles become official military positions (Defender = Main battle mech, Striker = Assault/Artillery/Scout, Leader = Command/HQ, and Controller = Electronic warfare units), HP becomes shields, leveling is you getting cleared to use nicer gear, and other stuff like that. RP is done out-of-mech.

As much as this gets brought up, though, it doesn't seem like anyone's actually done anything with it. You can ditch the idea or get working on it yourself.

I have to ask though, why specifically the d20? There are plenty of mech games that use everyday d6s you can buy handfuls of at the grocery store.
>>
>>48676921
This is fucking mind blowing.
>>
>>48676921
That is actually a really cool idea and I think it just may work.

To answer your question we are more or less just trying to focus on it being a paper and pencil rpg instead of a tabletop war game. We are looking to play out pilots and customize our mechs (think armored core or front mission) instead of facing off against each other with squads.
>>
>>48677132
If you end up doing a fluff conversion, make sure to throw it on to 1d4chan or post a pdf of it on here or something for all us lazy shits.
>>
Here's a homebrew I downloaded a long time ago. It might be up your alley. There's a handful of other stuff that goes with this book, but if you google for Lunar Reckoning 69 you should be able to find all of it.
>>
And here's a homebrew I downloaded a couple weeks ago. I'll admit that I haven't finished reading this one, so I don't know if it's quite what you're looking for.
But then again, maybe it is.
>>
http://www.d20herosrd.com/7-gadgets-gear/mecha

Here you go if you want d20, p&p customizable mecha games.
>>
File: Zhuk_wanzer_00.jpg (88KB, 1000x650px) Image search: [Google]
Zhuk_wanzer_00.jpg
88KB, 1000x650px
>>48677424
>>48677532
>>48677583

Thank you gentlemen. I will have to read into these and see what we can use. I greatly appreciate the help.

Captcha states that I am not a robot, but my picture says otherwise.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.