[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1006: High Impact Sexual Violence Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 485
Thread images: 46

File: 1466961775685.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1466961775685.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48659082
>>
>>48668693
>>48668667
Parts 1 and 2 have mediocre animation but good VA and OST that kinda compensates for that. Part 3 is by far the worse in the anime because of how badly the budget was spent, the final battle was kinda mediocre and some chapters were far too long (2 manga chapters instead of 3 or 4 like they did before).

Part 4 is being by far the best part. Superb animation, great OST and VA, and an actual good pacing.

Still, I would recommend reading the manga as well. It's a shitload of chapters, but you can read them fairly quickly (probably faster than watching the anime), and Araki's drawing once once you're mid-part 4 it's just incredible.

Also, all the goddamn chapters from part 1 to part 7 have official colored scans that had also been translated. If you can, try to read the colored scans.
>>
File: highimpact.jpg (63KB, 476x492px) Image search: [Google]
highimpact.jpg
63KB, 476x492px
>>
File: img000003.png (5MB, 1560x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000003.png
5MB, 1560x1200px
>>48668739
Forgot to add some image to the pock.
>>
File: img000009.jpg (1MB, 1520x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000009.jpg
1MB, 1520x1200px
>>48668772
Post*

At least I have the chance to post more Jojo
>>
File: blank4.jpg (10KB, 279x212px) Image search: [Google]
blank4.jpg
10KB, 279x212px
>>48668175
Oh no, I was completely serious. Apart from the multiverse thing I'm also several kinds of energy being as well as (12+N)+Z dimensional, where N represents an unknown but finite number of additional dimensions beyond the 12th which can't be conclusively quantified yet, and Z represents forms of existence not recognised by modern science such as the world behind mirrors and the collective unconsciousness. I was going to refine the original Space Karate technique of generating a wormhole somewhat by reinforcing it with transdimensional electromagnetic fields and a fold wave "kiai" before channeling the Doctor's energy wave.

I figured Buddha's Palm would be the most likely as well, mainly my doubt came from wondering if the unstable energy wave might be harder to contain using bodily directed chi alone as opposed to a sonic-based deliver system.
>>
File: blank13.png (60KB, 704x478px) Image search: [Google]
blank13.png
60KB, 704x478px
>>48668739
>Battle Tendency
>Mediocre

It's like you aren't even entertained by Pillar Men jumping out of nowhere and posing furiously.

Part 3 is spot-on though.

>>48668789
And part 7 will always have a special place in my heart because I'm pretty sure it's the only story where the villain is the president of the United States of America, who wants to make America great again using the power of Jesus' corpse.

>>48668772
How's part 6 anyway?
>>
Have been busy the last few days so the update was slow in coming. I would have posted it yesterday but I kind of fell asleep.

Changelog
Added new manse item - The Dragons Cradle
Gave drop-in a discount on any one item
Would have buffed the white veil society but it turns out there is no such thing.
Added new companion options of a sworn brotherhood and a sifu
>>
File: HVfQ42M.jpg (27KB, 191x271px) Image search: [Google]
HVfQ42M.jpg
27KB, 191x271px
>>48668743
>>
File: blink-blink.gif (987KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
blink-blink.gif
987KB, 400x225px
>>48668793
... Uh, would getting a Spark be a step down for you at this point?
>>
File: 081.jpg (33KB, 400x490px) Image search: [Google]
081.jpg
33KB, 400x490px
>>48668831
>>
>>48668846
I imagine he'd get use out of the actual travel part of it.
>>
>>48668824
Your trip literally calls you a fag? Wtf man?

Thanks for the jump though.
>>
>>48668824
I'm extremely relieved not to find groups similar to the White Veil in other settings.
>>
File: ITBEGINS!.png (1MB, 1280x1585px) Image search: [Google]
ITBEGINS!.png
1MB, 1280x1585px
Jumpers! Have you ever had a jump where a character waifud YOU and not the other way around?
>>
>>48668743
>>48668831
>>48668849
Where are these from? What's the story behind them?
>>
>>48668904
Arguably anyone who took companion crush in the early days of pokemon mystery dungeon.

>>48668846
I think he's just along for the ride now. The free perks don't hurt. Invincibility always seemed boring to me though.
>>
>>48668915
Atelier Totori. I think the story has to do with the game being banned in by an Australian ratings board for 'high impact sexual violence' where everywhere else in the world it's at most pg-13, so everyone took the piss out of it.
>>
What are the power levels in anima like?
>>
>>48668984
All of them.
>>
File: blank24.png (248KB, 435x488px) Image search: [Google]
blank24.png
248KB, 435x488px
>>48668846
Not...really? I mean, it'll be yet another toolkit to study, refine and utilise, and definitely pretty top-tier among things granted to me rather than which I had to assemble myself from hundreds of realities.

The summoning things from lands stuff will be neat to tinker with. The magical feats spanning worlds and being capable of patching up Eldrazi incursions will definitely come in handy. What I'm REALLY looking forward to is the traversing realities part, though. I gave up on absolute omnipotence or omniscience a long time ago due to the inherent impossibility of proving either conclusively before encountering an unexpected variable, but I think omnipresence is worth a shot if I can harness the power of the Spark to insinurate my concept across every world, using my identity as a metamystic, sympathic marker to instantly and/or retroactively physically manifest wherever and whenever I want to.

...well, not COMPLETE omnipresence. I don't want to go near Yog-Sothoth or any of the Kamen Rider settings.

>>48668930
Technically I'm not completely invincible; there are ways and things that can hurt me because of my nature, it just so happens to require a lot of loopholes to be jumped through for permanent, meaningful harm to be inflicted on me. But my recurring nemeses managed it.

Besides, I mostly interact with the world through avatars that vary in powerlevel so in practice while I'm immeasurably powerful, resourceful and precognitive I can be inconvenienced or disrupted with less power than it would take to engage all of me. Especially if a way can be found to disrupt the microportals that keep the avatars topped up with mana/ki/psychic energy/misc. other infinite resources from my greater self.

>>48668904
...,more than I'm willing to admit.
>>
I'm just updating the jump list from the deluge the other day. Anyone know why TF2 is in a folder with two copies of what seems to be the same jump, just with a different coloured background?

Also, I'm not sure I got all the ones from that burst, are these all the ones that made it onto the drive?

The Incredibles
Shadow of Mordor
Exalted- The Dragonblooded
Ender's Game
Gem Craft- Chasing Shadows
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Sunless Sea
>>
So, aside from anton's key, what else grows in power with age?
>>
>>48669008
Well I'd like to think there are more entertaining ways than going all Scion for your person suit.

Even though it's always tempting to go full Matroska-doll behind seven proxy puppet jumper...

To each their own.
>>
>>48669032
Lots of dragons, according to every time this question is asked. I think there may have been quite a few answers to this recently, try archive diving the last few threads. I can't point you to a particular thread because I tend to skim them these days, unless I have time to get caught up and post.

Particular examples are D&D dragons, dragons from LoSS, and... Damnit I was sure I knew something that wasn't a dragon...
>>
>>48669032
Hellsing vampires. Spyro and d&d dragons. Inukami kitsunes. Certain psychics such as Fear. Those purified guys from wod mortals. Is there a list for this yet?
>>
>>48669032
Exalted...?
>>
>>48669063
You know what, since I seem to be List Guy, I could probably put one together if people are willing to throw examples at me.
>>
>>48668904
There are times that Akitsu makes us wonder if we actually are her waifus (and husbando)...but I mean, that's ridiculous, right? She's just a quiet, my-pace, almost-hikki Sekirei, right?
>>
>>48663029

I'd like to say yes as I like the idea of practically everything being importable but it wouldn't be long before we had people talking about the indestructible shit they have as a Horcrux (adamantium rods, the Pull Rope from Nintendogs, etc.) so it has to be a no.
>>
>>48668981
>checks out the jump on the drive
>reminded that dirge is gone
feels like shit
>>
I feel kind of weird whenever people realize how goddamn powerful ASA is at this point in his chain, because it makes me self-conscious over how powerful my own jumper is despite the fact that I never talk about it. Anyone else?
>>
http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Tiering_System

So where are you jumpers?
>>
>>48669032
My dick, particularly good wines, my dick.
>>
>>48669276
>So where are you jumpers?
Sitting in my chair, shitposting.
>>
>>48669308
What kind of chair? It's important to have one that gives proper support if you're going to be shitposting all day and night.
>>
>>48669239
I'm more interested in power interactions and workarounds than straight up tier-checking. This is an imagination game, creativity is worth more than wank. So don't worry as long as you are happy with how you made it. No potatoes, k?
>>
>>48669276
Between 5-A and 3-B, probably. Maybe more, I don't know. I haven't actually tried to quantify my power yet.
>>
>>48668824
Do we and/or our descendants suffer from the Great Curse?

Also, please take out the part that removes our other Exalted powers. That is not how jumpchain works.
>>
>>48668819
>It's like you aren't even entertained by Pillar Men jumping out of nowhere and posing furiously.

I'm just talking animation wise. Even if the crazy art-style is great, the animation is usually mediocre.

>How's part 6 anyway?
Great. Not my favorite, but it ranks high. Gay Black Priest is a great villain.

>>48669276
I love how inconsistent this page is when in comes to classify characters.

Do we have any Tier 1-B Jumpers here?
>>
>>48669276
4B, apparently. 5A without power armor.
>>
>>48669195
Who's Dirge and why is he gone
>>
>>48669453
a jumpmaker and because there was an orchestrated dirge purge
>>
>>48669453
Who is your daddy and what does he do?
>>
>>48669462
>orchestrated dirge purge
What?
>>
>>48669453
Dirge was the guy who made jumps over a 100 pages long. He just disappeared one day. I miss him.
>>
File: Tesseract.gif (491KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Tesseract.gif
491KB, 256x256px
>>48669239
A bit.

>>48669276
I don't know. It's a little weird. It depends how much prep time my jumper has, whether there's local metaphysics I can exploit, and yet, they would probably die if you punched them hard enough.

>>48669276
Wouldn't Tier 1's be post-spark?
I don't know about you, but I normally consider each jump to hold its own multiverse, so anything higher than 2-B would be capable of destroying multiple jump multiverses.

>>48669453
Dirge made a bunch of very detailed jumps like Blame!, Biomega, I think Atelier Arland, a few FF jumps & Ragnarok Online off the top of my head. Not sure why he left, since he was around after some issues. Hopefully he'll return at some point.
>>
>>48669326
The great curse isn't really a thing for dragonbloods, they suffer it both a lot less and it's much less impactful then for anyone else. It would usually follow thematic lines based on your aspect and their personality inclinations but because it isn't really relevant to DB's, unlike say solars, I didn't mention it. Also with regards to no multiple exaltations, that was me working off a consensus reached a couple hundred threads ago when multiple exalted jumps were suggested. If there is significant demand now the jumps are starting to be made to get rid of the restriction, I will take that into account.
>>
File: blackadder1.gif (561KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
blackadder1.gif
561KB, 320x200px
>>48669534
>a few FF jumps
>a few
>>
>>48669563
The Great Curse does affect the Dragon-Blooded. Not as badly as Solars in the short term because they suffer from weaker Limit Breaks, but they still have the thing where they are destined to become tyrants and be overthrown by their lessers.

Multiple Exaltations should absolutely be a thing. No one in their right mind would ever choose to stay as a Terrestrial/Alchemical/Lunar/Abyssal. They're just straight up weaker than the other options, meaning that you'll unfairly have to lose all the progress you've made learning Charms if you don't want to gimp yourself forever with a weaker Exaltation. (This is especially bad for people who roll for their chains. They could be stuck with Dragon-Blooded powers for hundreds of jumps, never actually developing them because they know they'll eventually be taken away from them.)
>>
>>48668824
>>48669563
I would also like the no multiple exaltations thing to be removed. Or the very least giving you the option to switch them out, instead of giving all but one up.

Incidentially, why can't you use Martial Arts Charms and Spells you learn in other jumps here? I mean, it's not like there's any difference in spells cast by DBs or spells cast by whatever else. It's just skill/knowledge thing, not a difference in Essence.
>>
>>48669356
The only one I remember going by the site's definition is ASA. A while ago he figured out how to become a Rank 10 nWOD spirit, which according to my Mage the Awakening corebook is something called Ain Soph, the Unmoved Mover. Whatever that's supposed to be.
>>
>>48669585
I sometimes understate things. But I didn't think he did FFTA or FF6?
>>
So, to those who took Part of Whole in KH jump,

How did you triumph?
>>
>>48669601
Pretty sure the destined to become tyrants and be overthrown is less great curse and more everyone overthrew each other so much it became written in the cosmos that this is how shit goes. But I could be wrong on that, exalted lore gets weird on anything dating back to the primordials.
>>48669639
Each type of exalted has a different signature of essence so far as I understand it. Terrestrial essence is different to that of solar or lunar essence. So when you have knowledge of martial arts or sorcery you are not relearning them from scratch, you are instead figuring out how to shape a new kind of essence to do what you want it to. So as mentioned in the notes you'd be able to relearn those skills a hell of a lot faster given you would have already done it once before. And I imagine after the first couple of spells/MA styles everything else would really quickly fall back into place.
>>
>>48668824
>>48669779
>No perfect attacks/defenses
Do they become perfect post-spark?
>>
>>48668824
>>48669563
Still no option to start with a Martial Art or Thaumaturgy? I like the Manse though. Really expensive, but nice.

Anyway, you were planning on doing Solars after your other two wip are finished, yes? I'll work on Infernals in the meantime then.

And the ideas I had for Solars... Perks for both the normal background, and Caste?

The Twilight perks for enhanced learning and Sorcery, as well as giving them the ability to summon a 3rd circle once every ten years/jump, instead of on Calibration (which doesn't exist elsewhere)?

Dawn perk to blend combat powers and abilities, like their Charms do for Archery, Thrown, Martial Arts, and Melee?

Zenith perk(s) to be the messiah/buddha and voice of the gods?

For items... the Crown of Thunders, Book of Three Circles, and/or a Dawning Sun Indomitable-class battleship?

Definitely a high-cp drawback for the Thousand Dooms thing.

>>48669779
Not far as I know, actually. Essence isn't really that different in use, and is completely instinctual for Exalts. Enlightened Mortals that Exalt can still use their Martial Arts and Spells, and dead Exalts can still use anything they can access as Ghosts.
>>
>>48669779
>Pretty sure the destined to become tyrants and be overthrown is less great curse and more everyone overthrew each other so much it became written in the cosmos that this is how shit goes. But I could be wrong on that, exalted lore gets weird on anything dating back to the primordials.
I think whether or not the Great Curse ensures the Exalted will always be overthrown by their lessers or that's just a natural consequence of the Great Curse driving them crazy is one of those things that depends on who is writing. Better to err on the safe side and just get rid of it, since there's no way people are going to accept any of the Celestial or Solar tier version of it anyway.

Also, while I'm fine with perfect defenses not being perfect, perfect attacks should be left up to people to fanwank. Some things are undodgable because you're just casting a spell on someone that sets them on fire, for example, so they can't be dodged because there really isn't anything TO dodge.
>>
>>48669779
>>48669874
Actually, scratch that. Looking back at it, Ghosts lose the Charms they had in life.

Still, that can be excused as ghosts being literally the worst in Exalted. Heroic mortals still keep their martial arts and sorcery.
>>
>>48669676
It got banned afterwards because it gives easy access to Archmastery equivalent abilities. Ain Soph is a term for the will of God in the Kabbalah, effectively it's a nerdy way of saying they're really thoroughly omnipotent. They only give rules for up to rank 9 in Imperial Mysteries, and those can effectively do literally anything they want within the thematics of their influences, and do so as a quick action instead of spending ages actually casting.
>>
File: Asuras wants a hug.jpg (178KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Asuras wants a hug.jpg
178KB, 1280x800px
>>48669276
At 60 or so jumps in, it generally depends on how much Wrath Mantra I'm willing to use at any given time. At baseline, my best guess is 7-A to 6-B, but I'd probably have to turn into a Kaiju to start leveling mountains.

That said, most of my power is funneled into straight one-on-one combat and not wide-scale destruction, since I don't especially see the point of blowing up planets besides making my nonexistent dick look big.

>>48669356
>I love how inconsistent this page is when in comes to classify characters.

I looked at Tier 6.

Apparently, the Crystal Gems are on an even keep with the likes of Saitama and Yukari Yakumo.

Somehow I doubt that's accurate.
>>
>>48669960
Didn't one of the gems literally drain all the water in the world to make it into a massive pillar into space with little effort?

Saitama and Yukari aren't very impressive anyway. Saitama's only got planet busting feats and Yukari's noted to be weaker then people a bit above planet busting in raw power I believe.

That said, VS Battle is sometimes prone to mistakes in how they interpret things. They generally give reasoning and eventually fix up flawed reasoning and stats though.
>>
>>48669276
Usually stay the in the 9s or 8s, but when I pull out everything and the kitchen sink, I cap out at about 4-C. Everyone knows I'm at least 5-C anyways.

I don't have much desire to climb that ladder further. The ability to resolve conflict neatly and peacefully is my top priority. I feel like if I ever got serious, I either took another capstone drawback or something went wrong. I consider the latter 'losing'.

Power levels are silly, anyways.
>>
File: just a normal guy.png (195KB, 684x813px) Image search: [Google]
just a normal guy.png
195KB, 684x813px
>>48669992
Lapis is indeed an absurdly powerful hydrokinetic to the point where she picked up an entire ocean and made it into a tower. However, it also lists Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl as Tier 6, which... They aren't. They're very impressive compared to humans, and while in theory they could earn their place by punching out Lapis the thing is that Lapis basically backhanded the three of them together while she wasn't even at full power.

Saitama's power level is "Whatever the plot needs him to have" so I'm sure that if he needed to obliterate a star or two, he'd be able to do that without much effort.

Yukari can basically just hack reality and kill you with no saving throw if she really feels like it by manipulating the Border of Life and Death, but her limits are poorly defined and she's just "the strongest Youkai in Gensokyo". Sure, she can't bust planets, but she can basically kill anyone she wants.

Also, Mario and Sonic being on tier 6 is similarly absurd to me.
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 339x186px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 339x186px
Speaking of power levels, here is a perfect way to show how much power I use depending on how motivated I am
>>
File: Bill Cipher undertale.gif (287KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Bill Cipher undertale.gif
287KB, 500x375px
>>48669276
After my 400th Jump I would say that I would at least rank 2-A. I haven't invested too much into dimensional stuff. Maybe if I had time to I could do a bit better. Maybe. I still have a lot of hax, but I'm not really picking fights with the big guys of the settings if I can avoid it.

I think most jumpers with 100 to 200 jumps should at least rank 3-B by sheer accumulation of perks unless they're sticking to a no-power route. Specially after visiting high-powered settings.

I guess post-spark I might be able to get 1-C or 1-B once I have unlocked all the perks and I get my End Jump reward.

>>48669534
There are jumps that have far more complex multiverses that just 'a few/infinite' parallel dimensions.

Dr. Who, Ben 10, Marvel or DC would be a few examples of these.

>>48669960
Things get messier once you reach the higher tiers. There are characters like Bill Cipher or the Anti-spirals who keep dancing between low 2-C to 1-C depending on how the mods interprete the show on that particular week.

>>48670068
Sonic and Mario have some impressive feats when they go composite. And Saitama (like most characters with a lot of hax but very little high-end feats) is listed as 'probably higher'.

>>48670079
Is too early to make a mob-psycho Jump, right?
>>
>>48669276
I probably fall around 7-A. Just don't have grand scale powers that I use frequently, and the only one that surpasses that is Madness Wavelength if I really work at it. Desty meanwhile falls under 5-A if he feels the need to whip out the Grey Goo.
>>
>>48669722
Ah...that. It was interesting fighting both my Heartless and Nobody, but the thing is, I would have never been able to beat them alone. Ever.
> Heartless: Monster
So, this guy styled himself after my Shadow and Persona, and went after me by trying to separate me from the girls, then working on their inner darknesses. Each time I caught up with him and fought him, he'd always force me to save or fight one of them while he escaped with the others. At the end of it all, it was me, Akitsu, Kirishima, and Hyuuga against him and Kurumu...and he almost won. If we hadn't dragged Kurumu out of her darkness, she would have embraced the Darkside of the Force and if she had combined that with her Dream Eaters...still, together we all fought him, at a distance outside the range of my/his Semblance until he stepped on a code-cast mine (set by Hyuuga randomly) that sealed his powers and I finished him off. That battle was some bullshit let me tell you.
> Nobody: Echo
Echo was a little more special, because this little shit started a one-man war against Org XIII and hijacked almost every Nobody they sent after him. He then turned those against me after we defeated my Heartless, and sometimes, he'd disguise himself and be among the AotW (Attackers of the Week), and after Akitsu almost got killed in such attack, we had to take every attack seriously, the fucker was wearing us down slowly but surely. Considering that the girls as well had just dealt with their inner darknesses, this was all a lot more effective than it otherwise would have been. The odd thing is that, this is what probably saved us in the end, because it meant that we got more unpredictable, we honestly don't remember much of the last battle we had against him and his stolen Nobodies, we were that tired, but I do remember that it was in that battle we discovered we has a fuckton of combos we could pull.

So yeah, Bonds are bullshit powerful things.
>>
>>48669820
I dont really care too much about post-spark. Do whatever you want.
>>48669874
I dont really want to offer some of the most powerful items in the setting for cp like that, plus they would probably be boring to write. Would rather do a bunch of homebrew stuff like in dragonbloods, to which I have some ideas. In general I was intending to stick with the structure of dragonbloods keeping the exaltation as something mostly separate from perks, unless it clearly isn't going to work.
>>48669880
I thought perfect attacks were up to fanwank in the context of a spell that sets people on fire doesn't really have a dodgable component, so you cant logically dodge it. That was just sort of the common sense thing I assumed people were going with, as it is how things work in other settings.
>>
>>48668793
>12+ dimensional attack
Aren't you basically just murdering everything this attack hits? Like your reaching the point where 5th dimensional imps will have nightmares about the scary chalk outline coming to kill them and everything they love.
>>
>>48670128
But... You are only supposed to fight one. As in, only one drawback-made enemy exists. A Nobody OR a heartless
>>
>>48668793
>Oh no, I was completely serious. Apart from the multiverse thing I'm also several kinds of energy being as well as (12+N)+Z dimensional, where N represents an unknown but finite number of additional dimensions beyond the 12th which can't be conclusively quantified yet, and Z represents forms of existence not recognised by modern science such as the world behind mirrors and the collective unconsciousness.

That's some serious bullshit power-level here. How does one start manipulating anything above the 5th dimension?

>>48670139
>Pic related exist
>>
File: ultimator.jpg (650KB, 1466x2261px) Image search: [Google]
ultimator.jpg
650KB, 1466x2261px
>>48670175
I swear, one of these days...
>>
>>48670172
I asked TopHat about it, he gave me the go-ahead. Also, only one can be chosen if you go either Nobody or Heartless.
>>
>>48670130
>I thought perfect attacks were up to fanwank in the context of a spell that sets people on fire doesn't really have a dodgable component, so you cant logically dodge it. That was just sort of the common sense thing I assumed people were going with, as it is how things work in other settings.
According to your notes section as written, that's not how it works. All perfect charm effects are nerfed to be fallible, so you get weird things like mundane humans theoretically being able to debate a mind control ability instead of resisting it through determination, because it's impossible for the Charm to have a perfectly undodgeable component. That's why I think you should only nerf defenses and leave offense up to fanwank.
>>
>>48670130
Fair enough. Those three didn't seem /that/ bullshit to me though. Except for the Crown for its variety of bonusses, maybe. The book's just a repository of spells, which you could learn anyway because of the Salinan Working, and the Dawning Sun is a boat. A nice warship by exalted standards, but not all that impressive.

Homebrew stuff is good though. The artifacts in Dragon-Blooded are /really/ cool, if a bit expensive compared to the perks in my opinion.

I'd still like some perks /based/ on Castes, considering they do have a lot of thematics you can use for non-Charm perks. What backgrounds are you considering?

And considering you didn't say anything on that part... Me starting on Infernals is fine with you?
>>
>>48670205
*unblockable, not undodgeable. Social blocking is debate, social dodging is just ignoring stuff through willpower.
>>
I assume you people explode planets by yourselves?

How do you do it and how long does it take?
>>
>>48670186
Sorry but I think some wires have been crossed here. When was this?
>>
File: You people.jpg (35KB, 448x249px) Image search: [Google]
You people.jpg
35KB, 448x249px
>>48670299
>>
>>48670299
Heavens does it by accident.

He's basically our Piccolo
>>
>>48670357
>>48670186

Especially since they have all your powers, most commonly used items and most powerful weapons
>>
>>48670357
In terms of raw power how strong does Hello Darkness my old friend Make you compared to Enter the Void?
>>
>>48668981
I'm thinking back through Atelier Totori, and I can't recall a single damn thing that could have been interpreted that way. I mean, it was a wrong call, obviously, but what were they misinterpreting as so sexual? The worst I can think of is Mimi's huge obvious gay crush on Totori (you're not fooling anyone, Mimi), but that still doesn't come across as sexual.
>>
>>48670357
Can we sacrificial bestowment "In My Remembrance"? How long till it take to master it?
>>
>>48670379
The same, just applied differently.
>>
>>48670395
What about FIREPOWER? As in, to destroy stuff. Inflicting pain and debuffing the living does not count
>>
>>48670205
I wanted the no perfects clause to apply only where it would logically make sense to, which I should probably make clearer. A perfect sword attack is borderline impossible to dodge, but if you use out of setting powers you possibly can. The perfect clause was intended to resolve things like that, where otherwise only another perfect effect should be able to stop it but you are using powers from other jumps. Otherwise using just abilities from exalted, only something on par with another perfect really should stop them, as they are just that good.
>>48670213
For a solar/abyssal jump now I guess, I was intending the backgrounds to be fighter, merchant, and scholar. However the wip was made a while ago so I will need to review it. Now you have suggested it I am also tempted to make a 200 and a 400 perk designed for each exalt type, to add on top of background perk trees which could be interesting. Also I dont mind you working on infernals at all, just keep me in the loop.
>>
>>48670394
I looked at that perk, decided I didn't want to shove worms through peoples eyes like a discount Zouken, or have them shoved into my eyes on turn and promptly forgot it's limits and capabilities.

If it could be used on this sort of thing then yes it works, if not, then no.

I have no idea how long it will take.

>>48670410
Still meant to be the same.

I suppose if you infuse buildings with nothingness and throw them at people it would do more immediate large scale damage, I guess?
>>
>The Shrike
>Tier: Unknown
>>
>>48670299
I have yet to blow up a single planet. I mean it's on my to do list, but I just haven't gotten around to blowing any of them up. I did preform a few exterminatus events in the 40k jumps, but those were all surface scouring, no planetary breakups.
>>
File: image.jpg (296KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296KB, 1024x768px
>>48670299
I'm legitimately not a fan of killing at all, much less the destruction of a planet, but sometimes I have too, sometimes what I want to do is not necessarily the best thing to do and yet I do it.These are struggles I have my jumper-self face since I'm a lawful-good jumper at heart.

So if I had to completely annihlate a planet with no chance of safety, I could do it a couple of ways, I have a spell that teleports a slice of the sun to where O want, so I could always teleport it near the core through miles and miles of earth crust doing god knows what to everything near it.
Or I could just sit on a distant asteroid or something, parking it using telekinesis and take out my blade that has been upgraded for hundreds or jumps, enough to allow graviton wave emmisions. I take this sword and strengthen it using my own "microverse battery cell" enriched body, it harvests gravitons from these universes and basically performs pic related to the planet
>>
>>48669025
I'm going to go to sleep now, but if anyone knows something I missed here lemme know so I can add it.
>>
>>48670443
Well it could be technically used to grant any power. One could even grant stuff like RWBY aura but they get our aura of powers, as in exact copy. So I guess it would work

As for Enter the Void, will you not give a measure of how long that will take either?

I mean, at least whether it will be months, years or decades would be enough
>>
>>48670427
>fighter, merchant, and scholar
Sounds decent, and about what I'd do. Maybe something like Thief (gotta have Nights after all), Noble, or Dirt Farmer too... but those last two might step on Merchant or Drop-In's toes a little bit.

>Now that you have suggested it I am also tempted to make a 200 and a 400 perk designed for each exalt type, to add on top of background perk trees which could be interesting.
Cool, sounds like it'd be fun.

>Also I dont mind you working on infernals at all, just keep me in the loop.
Alright, just checking. And will do.
>>
>>48668824
I don't know the setting but which elemental aspect would let me use lightning?
>>
File: Bill ora ora ora ora.gif (1MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
Bill ora ora ora ora.gif
1MB, 400x226px
>>48670299
Orbital bombardment, exotic matter, epic-tier spells, space manipulation, punching it.
>>
>>48670491
I believe SMTanon said it depends on the power of what you're giving, with SMT stuff from the jump being something like a few decades to get up to the half your level you granted them, and something like 400 years to fully master it.

It is /not/ a fast process.

Also, please stop asking jumpmakers to rule on jumps that aren't theirs?
>>
>>48670491
Then I guess it will work.

Sorry, but I legit don't know.

If I remember when I wake up I might look at... SMT, was it? And see if I can figure something out for you but it's probably just better to fanwank something you think is reasonable.

Now off to sleep.

Stupid keep clicking captchas, they never work.
>>
>>48670522
Air Aspects get Lightning. And winds. And cold.
>>
>>48670533
You mean the captchas where a picture disappears and is replaced by a new one?

Yeah, they don't work. Why did they make them
>>
>>48670551
Thank you Anon
>>
>>48670449
Hyperion Cantos jump when?
>>
>>48670361
I took No Such Thing As Collateral for a reason. That perk is amazing. Possibly underrated.

Ironically, I rolled a really 'meh' power for my Jumper and had already spent all my points on perks and gear. It felt funny considering how much attention the powers normally get.
>>
>>48670525
As a Dream Demon how hard is it to resist just fucking around in the mindscape where you have virtually limitless power?

How many jumpers will face a similar issue if/when they become a 40K Deamon
>>
>>48670573
>atomic hand grenades and FTL-speed powersuits

IT BEGINS
>>
>>48670569
No problem. Make sure to pick up Elemental Bolt attack if you want to throw actual lightning bolts.

The perk for it's not necessary though, pretty easy to learn in setting as one of the basic Charms they get. For some reason it requires Lore though. Weird as fuck, since it has nothing to do with the actual Charm, but there you go.
>>
>>48670533
Gotcha. Fanwanking is a go go
>>
>>48669074
Dresden Wizards, Fae, and Vampires all seem to to one extent or another.

Nasuverse vampires, maybe?

KOTOR said Half-Demon powers would eventually grow to the level of White Raven after centuries.

You can't be one yours, but the dragons you can buy in ASoIaF apparently keep growing with no upper limit.

Jägermonsters become bigger and less human looking with age.

Elder Scrolls vampires do.
>>
>>48669276
Guess I'm at 8-C?
This is sort of a weird, arbitrary system that only measures destructive capacity, rather than the raw ability to affect your surroundings.

Try this.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperWeight
>>
>>48670529
But didn't SMTanon say that the length of time it takes to master a perk depends on the jumpmaker of said perk?
>>
>>48670529
>with SMT stuff from the jump being something like a few decades to get up to the half your level you granted them, and something like 400 years to fully master it.

I'm pretty sure he said something more on the order of 150 years for 1000cp demon races.
>>
>>48669124
Well you can just make a sword a Horcrux, then import it as the unbreakable weapon into SAO anyway.
>>
>>48670656
SuperWeight?

Then I guess Spyro is on top.

Get it, it's cause he's so fat he sits on entire countries
>>
>>48669124
Can the Goblin Sword look like ogher types of swords instead of the sowrd of Gryffindor? I want a Zweihander.
>>
>>48670658
I'm pretty sure he said to wank responsibly, using this >>48670662 as a baseline.
>>
>>48670662
It's about 50-100 years for Magatama to start giving you any powers and then 200 to master it
>>
>>48669276
5-C naked, 5-A with my gear.
>>
>>48670669
Harry Potter book 4: Horcrux is not crash
>>
>>48670662
You are correct.

>So, how long would it take for someone to master a Magatama (with Boosted Chosen of Raphael/Herald powers) gained through Sacrificial Bestowment?
>About 40 years for them to draw on all the juice in it, then two centuries to work back up to full level, if you mean a Magatama with both Boosted CoR and Herald powers. The second number goes down to a century if you mean only one of the two.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47979886/#q47984080
>>
>>48670651
Actually, how powerful is White Raven?
>>
>>48669124
You know everyone just leaves their Horcruxes and Phylacterys in their warehouses anyway right?
>>
>>48670730
It has more privilege than the Black Raven but otherwise it's the same. It jumps worse though
>>
>>48670669
Yeah, but the unbreakable weapon isn't just indestructible but immutable. It's completely static, less an object than an object-shaped dislocation in space. I wouldn't be comfortable subjecting a piece of my soul to those conditions.
>>
>>48670730
Enough to banish Trigon.
>>
>>48670702
>The heros' faces when they throw your Horcrux in Mt not-Doom and nothing happens.
>"Sorry, guys. It's been unbreakable for about a dozen jumps now. Maybe get a more up-to-date wizard next time".
>>
>>48670669
Doesn't a Horcrux inflict the same soul damage like voldy had?

I like having nose man.
>>
>>48670754
It's not even a broken off piece of your soul, though. It's an extra piece made from fiat.
>>
>>48670776
Not the one you buy.
>>
>>48670772
So I've been studying dark magic for years now and I found out that we don't need noses
>>
>>48670772
There are perks for that

>go to 40k, become inquisitor
>find a planet with a lot of heretics but billions of innocents
>EXTERMINATUS THE EMPEROR PROTECTS
>keep billions of grains of sand on you at the time
>create billions of horcruxes
>scatter them on thousands of planets across millions of universes
>laugh forever
>>
>>48670787
Meant to reply to: >>48670772
>>
>>48670669
A better choice would be to import it into Samurai Jack for the enchanted weapon thing, so that it isn't an object frozen in time.
>>
>>48670772
Go to Anima, then. There is a capstone to make your soul immune to permanent damage.
>>
>>48670772
Eh, that's probably more because he made seven of them and had barely any soul left.

He's mentioned to have applied for the position of Defence Professor, looking normal, long after he made his first Horcux.
>>
>>48670830
He still looked butt-ass ugly at that point, just not bald-snakeman ugly.
>>
>>48670849
That's just because he's a brit. It has nothing to do with dark magic.
>>
File: 1424779927792.jpg (17KB, 209x272px) Image search: [Google]
1424779927792.jpg
17KB, 209x272px
>>48670787
I got the philosophers stone instead. I liked my nose - I mean my soul - too much.

I thought it was an 'always makes you evil because reasons' thing.
>>
>>48670869
Funny thing, that – Nep doesn't have a nose. OR a soul.
>>
So, has anyone ever introduced Voldemort and Orochimaru? I mean, they're basically the same character; an orphan with a snake fetish, look like a snake, a genius, turned to forbidden techniques, obsessed with immortality, etc.
>>
>>48670904
Except Orochimaru is actually competent.
Voldemort gets constantly thwarted by a bunch of schoolkids. Or his too dumb to live minions.
>>
File: Bill weird guy.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Bill weird guy.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>48670596
>As a Dream Demon how hard is it to resist just fucking around in the mindscape where you have virtually limitless power?

Simply achieve virtually limitless power in the material plane as well.

>How many jumpers will face a similar issue if/when they become a 40K Deamon

Unless you carry around the Warp with you and that would be a very bad idea, but who knows, we're talking about Jumpers after all, I don't see that working very well. And even inside the Warp, you will need lots of souls supporting you or having a specially big ass soul to not get instantly eaten.
>>
File: Mecha-Naruto_vehicle_mode.png (1MB, 1788x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha-Naruto_vehicle_mode.png
1MB, 1788x1064px
>>48670923
>>
>>48670904
Honestly Orochimaru is nicer in some ways, I mean he doesn't care to wipe out people just because they can't use magic. He just doesn't care what the ethic's board says, and is a product of growing up in war such that he seems unable to stand peace. After the rise of ninja Jesus he saw the error of his ways, and kept himself to vaguely immoral experimentation. Though he also did succeed in getting immortality and so may just have decided to play the long game.
>>
>>48669563
>>48668824
Wukong, that consensus was reached a long time ago. There are more people now telling you to allow mulitple Exaltations. It would be like if the World of Darkness jumps only let you be one splat. Not to mention generally going against the concept of the chain.

If you're not going to listen to anyone and change it for this jump, at least don't do it to the other Exalted splats you are working on. If not, I have to request that you drop them if you are going to just ignore the thread whenever they criticize you over arbitrary interjump balance.
>>
>>48670942
Does that jump provide his abilities or do I have to chase him for centuries like a certain useless inu?
>>
File: 1470187352592.jpg (7KB, 239x297px) Image search: [Google]
1470187352592.jpg
7KB, 239x297px
>>48670941
>>
>>48670942
>Though he also did succeed in getting immortality
He did? How?
>>
Actually updated it again based on something I got to thinking about and something somebody said.

The All Was Well scenario now doesn't require you to have a kid and you can instead complete it by either getting married and having a kid or getting married and becoming a teacher at Hogwarts. Sort of based on Neville.

The Black Sheep drawback has had it's wording changed to indicate it just refers to immediate family. Otherwise it's a bit of a pisser for pure-bloods who are related to practically everyone

>>48670686
Sure.

>>48670749
Does a Horcrux continue to work if left in another dimension?

My answer has always been probably not.
>>
>>48670963
You could learn his techniques, I assume. They're not unique, just advanced Medical Jutsu specialty, Fuinjutsu Prodigy, and Genius of Hard Work should do it. Maybe buy Summoning Contract with the snakes, too, so you can get the "White Snake Power" his senjutsu is based on.

>>48670980
Something about infusing himself with Zetsu cells, it's not very clear.
>>
>>48670963
>chase him for centuries like a certain useless inu?
Certain useless inu?
>>
>>48670980
He was immortal-ish before the series started, turns out that inside every curse seal is a little piece of Orochimaru, just waiting to be unleashed/the right time to come out. Sauske ended up resurrecting Orochimaru at one point using Anko's curse seal, combined with the body bits from Kabuto also used in resurrecting him, he seems properly immortal now so long as he hands out some more curse seals.
>>
>>48670937
You do carry around the warp with you post jump and it is far less dangerous because in other settings it isn't a reflection of 40K, the warp of other settings would never have had the birth of the god of dragon dildos. Everyone who went psyker waited to leave 40K before experimenting for a reason.

Also I'm pretty sure the only become a daemon option that is going to be a thing so far is the deamon prince option that will be in the BC jump so there probably won't be anything bigger than you in the warp of other settings.
>>
>>48670990
>My answer has always been probably not.
Why not?

Most lich/phylactery stuff I know keeps working in other dimensions.
>>
File: Justice Has Arrived.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Justice Has Arrived.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>48669779
The being Overthrown thing started with Theion, when he usurped the first king of the Primordials, it's all his fault. He took over, then the Solars usurped him, and so on.

>>48670130
I get not wanting to offer the most powerful artifacts.
But I request at least one of the Mechs, the name of which escapes me at the moment, or Exalted Power Armor.

>>48670904
You forgot
>Obsessed with a young boy
>>
>>48671093
>Obsessed with a young boy with special eyes, and who has a piece of his soul in them*
>>
>>48671067
I thought you just do Psyker stuff through fiat outside 40k, instead of creating an entire new realm of existence in every jump?

None of 40k jumps say anything like that, as far as I know...
>>
>>48671093
>one of the Mechs, the name of which escapes me at the moment
Warstriders. Though I always called them Guymelefs seeing how they were clearly Escaflowne-inspired. What ever happened to the anon working on an Escaflowne jump, anyway?
>>
>>48671122
You carry warp travel with you which involves entering the warp.
>>
>>48671125
Thank you. Also I have no idea what that is, or that someone was working on it.
>>
>>48671093
The mechs are called Warstriders.

>>48670130
And I second that request. The Dragon-Blooded are sitting on the biggest pile of artifacts in Creation, with Lookshy being known for fielding Warstriders and Gunzosha with their DBs... Why not offer them?
>>
>>48671080
I mean there's a case to be made for the warehouse not really being part of that universe at all. Horcrux effectively seems to act as a tether, Slughorn says something about it keeping the soul as a whole "earthbound".

I mean it's all pretty rampant speculation as Rowling doesn't go into that much detail but for balance's sake as much as anything else I've generally ruled that while it'd work in different settings it would have to actually be in those settings (i.e. not in the warehouse).
>>
How is the world of Naruto going to react if, instead of being a ninja, I wear literal shining plate armor, swing around a 2 meter long claymore, and act like a shounen protagonist? Will they refuse to give me missions? What if I take MC-KUN?
>>
>>48671093
Mardukth wasn't overthrown, though. Malfeas was never his subordinate, he just rolled in and conquered the other Primordials one day.
>>
>>48671125
>What ever happened to the anon working on an Escaflowne jump, anyway?
I went insane due to it being a massive headache and began work on a Vampire Knight jump, because I went insane, there is no other reason to make a Vampire Knight jump.
>>
>>48671166
Paint your armor neon, then we'll see.
>>
>>48671173
That's still being overthrown, but yes it is different from a subordinate taking your place. But then I could argue that Exlatation completely removes people from being Primordial's subordinates.
>>
>>48671093
No. It's all the Unconquered Sun's fault. He started the overthrowing thing.

Mardukth was never Theion's superior, they faught when they met, and Theion won. No overthrowing necessary.

For all his perfection, the Sun fucks shit up pretty hard.
>>
>>48671166
They'll take in stride. You're not the weirdest ninja.
>>
>>48671147
Vision of Escaflowne is one of the classic magitech mecha series. It's known for both its impressive mecha action scenes and its shoujo-inspired characters. The "Guymelef" mecha in it are pretty obviously the inspiration for the Warstriders, they've got a lot of similar aesthetics. I'd even go so far as to say that the Guymelefs may even have inspired Hearthstone sockets, they sockets for the dragon hearts that power them are really similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK38WzlNvfk
>>
>>48668824
I remember someone mentioned the last time this was posted that Dragonblooded at Essence 10 are 'only' citybusting. Is that true? I know Solars should probably be capped at Essence5 because they start to get into universal stuff any higher, but Dragonblooded might not need to be capped that low.

And I disagree with nerfing Perfection. You could just point out that they are only only really Perfect in the context of Exalted, and that this might not be the case outside of it. Not to mention Perfection is a big part of what makes Exalted Exalted, and removing it is kinda shitty. Aren't most perfects balanced by the fact that they are expensive and don't last long? I know there are some silly Exalted fanboys in the thread, but there are some settings that are so completely beyond it that it's not even funny. At the very least, you should clarify how strong exceptionally effective is in the context of absolute/conceptual effects/a really big energy blast.
>>
>>48671276
We don't have any example of Essence 10 Dragonblooded. But one of their Essence 7 charms, As In The Beginning, is a city buster. So presumably Essence 10 would be higher.
>>
>>48670299
I have, to date, destroyed the following worlds(And planets, sometimes)
1)Worm. I accidentally made Contessa a magical girl, and it all went downhill from there. Total human anihilation except for Taylor, whom I saved.
2)Twilight: I made a vampire-skinning business after figuring out how to keep their skin from becoming marble. Genocided the "vampires" and "werewolves", and...accidentally poisoned the planet so bad it'd become a dust-filled wasteland in 20 years. Good thing i wasn't around!
3)Various unnamed planets in various settings post-Light of Terra. I used them to test my Boundary Nukes-Basically, they dropped the area affected into the BlazBlue Boundary. These are my current "fuck the world" method.
4)The Moon, in RWBY. And it backfired. Spectacularly. The Seithr reached earth, and let me tell you, seithr-mutated Grimm aren't nice.
...I keep breaking shit i want to fix.
>>
>>48671176
Oh and just to add, I may actually finish Escaflowne before Vampire Knight, Escaflowne is sitting at like 80% or so done. Mostly I just need to write up a few perks that I can't seem to think of how to word, and balance some things, including something that I may have to boot entirely and make something else due to how far above everything else it is.
>>
>>48671276
Technically, Dragonblooded in the setting never get to Essence 10 anyway, but even their strongest canon high Essence Charms don't get above city busting and they lack any weird conceptual bullshit.

Perfects are not balanced by being expensive, they cost less than the motes you'll get back from stunting the defense roll you used them for. The only thing stopping Exalts from being invincible is that they can't regenerate Essence quite as fast as a proper paranoia combo uses it. Introduce some mana potions to Creation and combat between Celestials will go on literally forever.
>>
>>48671349
>Perfects are not balanced by being expensive, they cost less than the motes you'll get back from stunting the defense roll you used them for.
Except if you use the errata. In which case they do cost more then the motes you can regain.
>>
>>48671366
Don't they also cost a temporary willpower now as well?
I mean I know the Stunt gives that back, but still.
>>
>>48671376
Nope, just motes. The Ex3 ones do cost wp.
>>
>>48671349
Mana potions are not really a concern, since that falls under interjump balance. And is that how they work by fluff or crunch? Never played Exalted, but from what I hear of it's gameplay mechanics, balancing the jump around the latter seems like a mistake.
>>
>>48671366
It's been too long since I've kept track, but yeah, they moved it up to 8m. However, that ignores that you don't have to spend that against every attack. You can use Adamant Skin Technique and only have to pay 8 motes when someone actually hits you, getting to regenerate motes each time they miss, and that a jumper can stack mana regeneration perks to make themselves regenerate motes even faster than an Exalt could.

>>48671408
Interjump balance is trying to balance something in a jump against something in another jump. Noting that a group of people are balanced around the fact that they're less than invincible only because they're held back by how fast they can keep their MP bars filled and that you can easily bypass that with abilities from other jumps is just respecting that no jump should make you invincible.

And yes, though the fluff doesn't acknowledge the degenerate state combat wound up, it is canon that Exalts can shrug off or avoid literally anything. It's how they managed to survive combat against Primordials dropping mountains on them.
>>
>>48671481
What you're talking about is balancing a jump around the way it could interact with another jump. That literally IS interjump balance, since it changes your stance from 'no jump should make you invincible' to n'o 2-3 jumps should make you invincible'.
>>
>>48671481
I'd contest that mana is something different from divine power gained from enlightenment and a shard of divine might, and a mana potion wouldn't work. But you sound like you're one of the guys that just dumps every magic pool together without care. So, whatever.

Also, >>48671523 this.

>>48671408
By fluff, Exalts aren't supposed to be able to keep up their invincibility all the time... But they /can/ parry/dodge/soak literally anything. Including the damage from swimming in lava without protection, and shit that doesn't make sense to be able to dodge.
>>
>>48671523
No jump is supposed to trivialize surviving in the DBZ universe. Having infinitely spammable perfect defenses would do that. It's like claiming that a technique that makes you invincible while you're in contact with water would be an OK thing to add to a jump, just because all water had been removed from that specific universe.

>>48671557
>I'd contest that mana is something different from divine power gained from enlightenment and a shard of divine might, and a mana potion wouldn't work.
Essence is not granted by an Exaltation. It's the stuff used by supernatural martial artists to power what are essentially chi attacks and by sorcerers to power spells. How is it any different than Final Fantasy mana?
>>
>>48670357
Some threads back, maybe ten-fifteen threads ago? I believe your answer was along the lines of, "Yeah, if you're human, then somehow you could have both your Heartless and Nobody after you. If you're either Heartless or Nobody, then you can only have the other."
>>
>>48671590
Way to completely ignore what I actually said.
>>
>>48671590
>No jump is supposed to trivialize surviving in the DBZ universe.

Ahahahah.

Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.
>>
>>48670945
Well to be fair it was only a couple of months ago. But I am happy to reconsider if there is an actual consensus on the ruling. So far I have had a couple of people against the ruling and thats it, so is there anyone else who wants to chip in or should it go?
>>48671276
Also yeah, dragobloods really are the only splat you could theoretically get away with without an essence restriction because they dont get much of the conceptual stuff. However just the lack of canon feats associated with essence 10 for DB's makes me really hesitant. I dont want to offer it when it's strength is largely up to how wanky do you feel like today.
>>48671093
If I have to do another update to dragonbloods, I will probably want to add at least one more item. I hate changes that add no content, so I may end up putting in a barebones warstrider at 400cp.
>>
>>48671590
>Essence is not granted by an Exaltation.
Actually, it is. Mortals go from having essence rating Essence 1 to 2 when they Exalt. And Exalts also have way more Essence than Enlightened Mortals.

>It's the stuff used by supernatural martial artists to power what are essentially chi attacks and by sorcerers to power spells.
>How is it any different than Final Fantasy mana?
...Because chi is usually also different from mana? I mean. I get that you just ram anything together, but that doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>48671648
Honestly, I had been talking for a potential Solars Jump when I suggested that stuff, but a Warstrider for Dragons is cool as hell.
>>
>>48671667
>Actually, it is. Mortals go from having essence rating Essence 1 to 2 when they Exalt. And Exalts also have way more Essence than Enlightened Mortals.
So... what? Are you saying Enlightened mortals are using a different kind of Essence than Exalts? They aren't. It's all the same stuff. The Exaltation just gives you a bigger pool of it. (Or gives you a pool at all, if you weren't Enlightened when you exalted).

>...Because chi is usually also different from mana? I mean. I get that you just ram anything together, but that doesn't even make sense.
So in Final Fantasy, if I use an attack that sets my sword on fire and costs MP and then cast a blizzard spell that costs MP, I'm drawing on two totally separate resources? I get that Naruto's chi and Mage the Awakening's mana shouldn't be interchangeable, but we're talking about generic video game mana here, which works exactly like Essence does in Exalted.
>>
>>48671648
More people seem to want the one exaltation restriction gone instead of leaving it, myself included. That's ignoring the arguments people have given on the ruling being another example of interjump balance and whatever else.

And on the subject of the Dragonblooded cap, maybe raise the cap to 7-8, since that's where they reach citybusting (a more 'reasonable' powerlevel) and have more clearly defined feats than 9-10.
>>
>>48671667
We're talking about Essence as in your essence pool, not as in the trait. You can refill motes from external sources, there are many canon examples of that. As for chi being different from mana, it isn't in Exalted. It's all the same mystical energy source, there. Which is, in my opinion, how it should be. Daoist sorcery doesn't make a distinction between chi and the energy used for spellcasting, I don't know why so many fictional settings do.
>>
>>48671648
>so is there anyone else who wants to chip in or should it go?
Gonna say it should go, or allowing us to swap between them instead of getting all of them at once.

>However just the lack of canon feats associated with essence 10 for DB's makes me really hesitant. I dont want to offer it when it's strength is largely up to how wanky do you feel like today.
Maybe compromise and cap it at 7 or 8? That'd keep in the range where As In The Beginning is biggest boom you can get, while still giving jumpers a bit more leeway.

>If I have to do another update to dragonbloods, I will probably want to add at least one more item. I hate changes that add no content, so I may end up putting in a barebones warstrider at 400cp.
Cool. Warstiders are nice, even if really disappointing in action.

>>48671681
Makes more sense for DBs than for Solars though. Dragon-Blooded are much more likely to get their hands on Warstriders or power armor
>>
>>48671733
And yet every time discussion on Exalted jumps has come up, it's been nigh-unanimous that only being allowed one Exaltation is the only way to make it work.

Man, you people can't make up your fucking minds.
>>
>>48671739
A lot of fictional settings do it because they aren't making a cohesive system, they are lifting different systems and shoving them together, and to avoid working out the interactions they mostly just don't have interactions.
>>
>>48671648
I get the thematics of making it work that way, and I think the idea is actually really cool, but it falls apart because exaltations aren't actually balanced and the correct choice (barring combos) is to stay a Solar at the end of it all.

As for essence, limit it to what we actually know about.
>>
>>48671648
>>48671745
>allowing us to swap between them instead of getting all of them at once.

Please don't do this. Either limit it to one Exaltation or potentially all of them. Something like "swapping them" would be way too meta.
>>
>>48671754
How about you fuck off.

Jumper deserves multiple Exaltations. Anything else is just a dumb whore trying to push their badwrongfun.
>>
>>48671754
I think you meant to say, every time discussion on Exalted jumps has come up a few months ago. And I didn't even participate in those discussions. It's been 'nigh-unaminous' when the DB jump has been brought up these past few threads that the 'one exaltation' idea is a bad one.
>>
>>48671822
Can you please stop false-flagging?
>>
>>48671732
>So... what? Are you saying Enlightened mortals are using a different kind of Essence than Exalts?
No? I said:
>divine power gained from enlightenment and a shard of divine might
The enlightenment comes from either Exalting, or being an Enlightened mortal. The Exaltation gives you more. It's a combination of the two.

>So in Final Fantasy, if I use an attack that sets my sword on fire and costs MP and then cast a blizzard spell that costs MP, I'm drawing on two totally separate resources?
No. I don't know shit about Final Fantasy, and I'm not talking about Final Fantasy's shit.

>I get that Naruto's chi and Mage the Awakening's mana shouldn't be interchangeable
Alright, good.

>but we're talking about generic video game mana here, which works exactly like Essence does in Exalted.
So, Final Fantasy mana is gained by being enlightened and understanding how the universe works and/or being a supernatural being? Good to know, I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>48671770
Yeah, I suppose that makes sense, but it gets annoying when you're comparing different settings. People here will insist that you can't just swap out energy pools between martial arts and magic, even if the descriptions for what the energies are is identical, just because one's called chi and one's called mana.
>>
>>48671833
Or what, you're going to decry me as a powerwanker?
>>
>>48671838
>understanding how the universe works and/or being a supernatural being?
So just like MtA's mana, then?
>>
File: pumpkins.gif (389KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
pumpkins.gif
389KB, 256x192px
>>48668733
No! I don't want that.
>>
>>48663693
>Would Ribbon Bearer from FFTA protect you from Avada Kadavra?
It is a spell that directly snuffs out your life. It is basically the Death Spell from FF

Yes, Ribbon protects. Why would you think it wouldn't?
>>
>>48671732
>if I use an attack that sets my sword on fire and costs MP
Is this supposed to be an example of a 'chi' attack? Because it really doesn't sound like one.
>>
>>48671838
>So, Final Fantasy mana is gained by being enlightened and understanding how the universe works and/or being a supernatural being? Good to know, I'll keep it in mind.
It doesn't matter how it's gained, what matters is what it is. And Essence is the raw energy of the universe. It is not enlightenment. Enlightenment is how people in Creation learn to use more of it. It's totally possible to pull Essence out of the universe by building a Manse. But the Manse isn't enlightened, it's just taking raw energy and transferring it to you.
>>
>>48671754
>And yet every time discussion on Exalted jumps has come up, it's been nigh-unanimous that only being allowed one Exaltation is the only way to make it work.
More like the exact opposite.
There are more people saying "That is a really DUMB idea" than there are people saying "hey, lets take away a power from an earlier jump, that is totally in the spirit of jumpchain"
>>
>>48671838
Enlightenment/Exaltation doesn't produce the energy, though. It just gives you the tools to manipulate it. Every living thing (and some dead ones) produces Essence. Admittedly, Exalted tend to produce more due to having their level cap removed, but it's not coming directly from their Exaltation. And you can get Essence from external sources, too. Attuning to a Hearthstone, receiving mortal prayer, drinking Heavenly Wine, zapping yourself with a Lightning Box...There's plenty of precedent for things like mana potions in Exalted, it's just that all the canon examples are either incredibly expensive to produce or work slowly.
>>
So, how is shoving all magic pools together actually supposed to work?

Do people just take the best refilling and the biggest pool any system give?
>>
Did anyone see anything else happening?

Exalted's the largest powerboner - arguments and shit-slinging like this were inevitable.
>>
>>48671946
The traits of each mana pool are applied to a single one.
>>
>>48671963
I did.

My slim hopes we could actually take a moment to step back and appreciate the celestial booze and heroin pissing dinosaurs have been shattered.
>>
Do Awakened companions from MtA receive two dots in their ruling arcana free as well as one additional? Also, do your ruling Arcana *have* to be those associated with your tower?
>>
>>48671979
Sorry, I don't get what you mean. Do you just regain all your mana in a few minutes if you went to WoW then? Or only the portion of the pool you got in WoW?
>>
>>48671946
You have one mana/MP/(insert generic magical energy here) pool; it consists of the sum total of all of your capacity, regeneration, and other traits each pool would have had if they were separate.
>>
>>48671963
>>48672006
You slaves are more depressing than the rest of the thread put together. Either fuck off or discuss heroin piss.
>>
>>48671648
see
>>48671910
>>
File: 1470304276865.jpg (29KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1470304276865.jpg
29KB, 512x512px
>>48670299
I can't, even if I want to. Not yet.

I'm gonna need a much bigger gun before that ever happens, and I have other problems right now.
>>
File: 1461105531878.jpg (161KB, 910x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1461105531878.jpg
161KB, 910x1024px
Good morning, /jc/! How is everyone-

>mfw the rest of the thread

I'm going back to bed

Boktai work happening today. Expect teasers.
>>
>>48672006
Eh, the booze is not that interesting, and the dinosaurs are only a bit amusing.

Personally, I'm more interested in all the actual weird shit, like Malfeas with its metallic plants and metals that burn instead of melt, and all the weirdness of the Wyld, like Behemoths, distilled dreams, frozen lightning, and other stuff the Fae offer.
>>
>>48672025
Lets say you get 5% of your 300 mana from one jump every hour(15/hr), your total mana mana from every jump is 1000. This means that your regen from that one jump gives you get 15 mana towards that 1000 every hour.
>>
>>48671946
Where do you get that?
>>
>>48671774
I don't know, I'm only interested in getting my mitts on the Sidereal Exaltations for myself and my companions. Not all that interested in the others.

>>48671946
I read up on how the system works from the bare-bones, look at my current set-up and then either give up the system because of incompatability issues or carefully, VERY carefully slot it in.

Take the magic from Lyrical Nanoha and Fairy Tail. From what I understand, the Linker Core is basically a bio-magical computer that processes a spell into reality while tweaking with power the spell needs, Devices assist with this by connecting with the Core and Taking over its functions. Meanwhile in Fairy Tale, it seems as though a mage's body is basically one big magic reactor and battery, and the magics they can learn or naturally develop are channels through which this magic is expressed.

Combining the two would lead to a much more finely tuned and powerful mage (Linker Core's fine control channels Fairy Tail mage's large amount of magic) who doesn't need to rely on their Device as much as most other mages.
>>
Honestly, I think that a jumper could probably establish themselves as quite a major power in the world of Exalted just due to their ability to make foreign physics and metaphysics work for them. Like, imagine bringing planes to Exalted. Nobody has planes. Lookshy and the Realm have a few Warbirds and flying Warstriders, but those are expensive magitech that require huge geomantic support facilities to power. A jumper probably has the craft perks to produce a fleet of attack craft out of dirt. Attack craft that need no Essence to fly, and can carry with them weapons capable of striking from outside the range of the majority of Archery charms. You'd be a complete out of context threat to Creation.
>>
>>48672109
It was one of the few accepted rulings from Quicksilver, back when he was still around.

Apparently no longer accepted by the community. Which is odd because cludging together different resource pools like that into one is pretty good, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's considered "fanwank" now.

Just like apparently comboing abilities together is "fanwank."
>>
>>48672044
Heroin piss is what your mom drank last night. Mine, to be specific.

>>48672097
There's that, I suppose. Oh-and aren't they called Rakasha/Ishvara, not Fae?

Actually, are the Rakasha/Ishvara considered sentient for Jumpchain purposes?
>>
>>48672137
>Apparently no longer accepted by the community.

Because it absolutely is fanwank, and if you don't agree you can get out before you fuck everything up by being cancer.
>>
>>48672103
Ah, okay.

>>48672109
People wank that all magic pools from different jumps are the same, and I was wondering how that'd actually work.

Quicksilver's original 'rules' say powers can draw of the same source.

>>48672120
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>48672097
For me it's the elementals. I fucking love Exalted's elementals. They're not just vaguely human-shaped masses of their element like so many settings have, they're symbolic embodiments of their element's themes. Like the six-armed Hindu phoenix-men that are the Garda birds, or the giant aquatic dogs that are brine curs, or even the simple huraka wind bears herding the clouds. I'm going to spend my time in Exalted as a naturalist of the elemental world, documenting all the many species and decoding their spiritual equivalent of DNA so I can make more of them later.
>>
>>48671774
>he doesn't want to be an Elemental Power Ranger
>he doesn't want to be miniature communist Liberty Prime
Pleb as fuck.
>>
>>48672122
Eh, that varies. By the same token one could say there's a lot of work involved in setting everything up and making sure it runs properly in Creation's rather unique physics. Not many worlds have tech designed to keep working somewhere where temprance, valor, conviction and compassion are the universal constants after all.
>>
>>48672161

Do you even LISTEN to yourself, or are you deliberately trying to emulate Jaden Smith.
>>
File: Late Jumper tries to adventure.png (456KB, 679x675px) Image search: [Google]
Late Jumper tries to adventure.png
456KB, 679x675px
>>48672122
>You'd be a complete out of context threat to Creation.
So, basically any Jump.

>X setting magic system is powerful, but requires great will-power. Jumper has at least 40 perks for that.
>Y setting has lots of mass-destruction magitech weapons, but you would need to be super-human to use them. Jumper can use them because he is 241 species at the same time.
>Z setting has a great technology, but nobody actually tries to upgrade themselves, so they' relatively weak. Jumper can swim in a volcano and stop planes with his pinky nail.
>>
>>48672025
Think of it like this
One jump gives you a 400 mana capacity and 30/hr regen
Another jump gives you a 600 mana capacity and 60/hr regen
A third jump gives you 900 mana capacity and 20/hr regen

Your total mana is 1900 and you regenerate 110 mana per hour.
>>
>>48672137
YJ Power Combinations was a mistake.
>>
>>48672142
The people of Creation call them Fae or Fair Folk. /They/ call themselves the Raksha. And Ishvara are basically super-Raksha/Fae that got a really, really good story going.

I'd say they are sentient/sapient, for Jumpchain purposes. They don't have souls or anything, but their Graces and stuff seem like a decent enough stand-in.
>>
>>48672187
Are they going to have a dance party? I can't tell what is going on in that pic.
>>
>>48672171
>tfw Solars with Avatar bending make better Elemental Power Rangers than Terrestrials.
>tfw Solars who make themselves into robots with out of jump tech make better communist Liberty Primes than Alchemicals.
>>
>>48672175
Oh, I'm sure there will need to be adjustments. But the general consensus is that Jump-chan fiat makes your technology and magic work properly no matter what the local conditions are, and you just need to adjust for external influences. Like, weird electromagnetic principles could distort the path of a particle beam you're firing, but it wouldn't stop the accelerator from working in the first place. You'll still be better off when it comes to technological infrastructure than everyone else in the setting.

>>48672187
Well, true. But this one is funnier for me given how Exalted tends to be the OMG super strong setting.
>>
>>48672187
I don't understand whats happening in that picture? Is a deal being struck between them?
>>
>>48672197
It's useful for fusing powers together and making entirely new powers. I still like the idea of using Shapeshifting along with an Elemental Kinesis or Force Constructs to transform yourself into a being formed of that element or out of force.
>>
>>48672021
>MtA
Yes for your first question. Unfortunately, yes as well, for your second.
>>
>>48669992
>Saitama and Yukari aren't very impressive anyway. Saitama's only got planet busting feats and Yukari's noted to be weaker then people a bit above planet busting in raw power I believe.

Both are vague. Saitama is, by WoG, a universe buster (but hasn't shown any of that).

Yukari is... a very mysterious youkai, even for a species that is empowered by mystery, in a setting with things that are at least her equal. Kindof pointless to talk about her in terms of biggatons. At the very least, if you believe Ran, then she's a very high-order superintelligence and has a power that complements that very well.
>>
>>48672324
Okay, then.

So...

Can you just hold off on learning one of your ruling arcana to instead boost another to a higher degree?

Obrimos is appealing to me, not only because of Prime, but also because of that grimoire.

I also have little interest in the Death arcanum, but would rather not have Forces as one of my Mastered arcana.
>>
>>48672385
>universe buster

No, no, no.

It's an unsubstantiated rumor everyone and their dog seems to take as fact.
>>
>>48668824
>>48671648
>Also yeah, dragobloods really are the only splat you could theoretically get away with without an essence restriction because they dont get much of the conceptual stuff. However just the lack of canon feats associated with essence 10 for DB's makes me really hesitant. I dont want to offer it when it's strength is largely up to how wanky do you feel like today.

In that case it would be better to say you cannot make charms of higher level then Essence 7 or so (what was the highest published charm DB's had?)
Or fiat a upper damage radius of 1 mile per essence score originating from you.

The thing I really want from higher end DB charms is the charm that lets you encompass multiple aspects, so to be a unified DB with all 5 elements you need Essence 9 & four repurchases.

And the one that lets you leave a Dragons Nest (demesne) when you die, because there are some An Extra Life Per Jump perks in other jumps it would be awesome to combo with. The place of your death becoming a place of power is pretty cool.

But when others were talking about hard caps months age, SOLARS were being assumed. Dragon Blooded are the only thinks from exalted (besides gods and spirits maybe) where Essence 10 would not really break anything, because they are more Damage/More Dakka than anything conceptual. that could bite you in the ass.

So lets us get our high essence fix here, please.
And as has been said before, Essence times are not training times, they are time spent active since exaltation. Essence 10 will still take 2,000 years of activity.

If you want to hard cap something, hard cap the time to reach levels 7-10 or something, where the only way for it to counts is to live that time at 1 sec per sec personal time, and short cutting essence 6 requires an endowment charm from an Incarna.
>>
>>48670904

I believe someone introduced Orochimaru, Fran Madaraki and Desty Nova.
>>
Am I the only one who hates all of the Watchtowers in MtA?
>>
>>48672421
I wouldn't say I hate them, but it is rather annoying how you are locked into Ruling Arcana you may not even use.
>>
>>48672421
No. So go make your own with blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>48672421

I find most of MtA's fluff to have a weirdly juvenile feel to it, so, no.
>>
How exactly would a Dream Demon from gravity falls enter/leave the Mindscape?

Is it like an alt form that allows you to enter and leave it at will but cannot interact with the material world beyond the level of pre Wierdmageddon Bill?
>>
>>48672421
...any particular reason why?
>>
>>48672453
Well it's not as bad as, say, 40K. Really I think they just kind of wrote themselves into a corner because the writers really got into hermetic order stuff, but they had to somehow make everything spoopy so suddenly every other splat's bad guys get the DBZ treatment in the form of Supernal equivalents with literal power lev-I mean, spirit ranks.
>>
What is the Perfected Lotus?
>>
>>48672407
>The thing I really want from higher end DB charms is the charm that lets you encompass multiple aspects, so to be a unified DB with all 5 elements you need Essence 9 & four repurchases.
That one is awesome, yeah. Doesn't give you much more than a better anima power and no surcharges on out-of-aspect powers... But damn if it isn't really cool.

I wonder if it also affects your aspect markings...
>>
>>48672496
Some Exalted shit, nigga.
>>
>>48672483
A metaphor for Exalted's brand of enlightenment.

One that lets you kick people into being ducks.
>>
>>48672466
Well for one thing, none of the pairs of ruling arcana appeal to me. Ans for another, I don't like any of the archetypes associated with them.
>>
>>48672496
The highest tier of martial arts in Exalted. Most of the styles for it are completely broken, and come from the worst-balanced Exalted sourcebook.
>>
>>48671227
It is also known for noses you could shank a bitch with.
>>
>>48669025
>>48663242
>Speaking of Anti-Sora, I just realized that all the forms have different appearances dependant on which costume or world Sora is. There is the Halloween Town version of Anti-Sora, and also a version of Final Form and such that's Halloween Town based. Even Master Form.
>That's awesome. I suppose we can expect such an appearance based thing with the alt forms of our Nobody/Heartless?

>>48663288
>I might put a free or very cheap 'thematic appearance' thing into the supplement, since that is something that happens to a degree. Mostly you just find Heartless appropriate to the setting, such as the Fat Bandit being the slightly different equivalent of the Large Body.

Um, I had assumed this was what that 100CP perk in the Magician Tree Did? Let the form you were in fit the area you were in better?
If not, maybe you could let it do that?

Also, Any chance the "Give things a soul by interacting with them" Perk could be cheaper to take it with you out of Jump?

I mean, it is 300 CP undiscounted, and takes YEARS to have an effect. That seems a but expensive, when it could probably be a freebie the setting WANTS you to have.
>>
>>48672496
An allegory for martial arts from mortal (roots) to celestial (bud) to the siddies only no others allowed (lotus). Which is escalating bullshit more or less. Just about anyone can learn mortal, every exalted can learn celestial although DBs need to jump through hoops, and Lotus needs you to be a sidereal or a solar learning from a sidereal.

The mortal puts a crack in a part of the mountain. The celestial turns the mountain to dust. The lotus spinkicks the concept of mountains into never existing and thus what is a mountain? Nothing at all.
>>
>>48672538
So it's another Ink Monkey-esque 'We made super cool powers that don't make any fucking sense in the context of the setting' fuckup?
>>
>>48672527
Well. What archetypes do you like? Seems like it's the wrong jump for you then.
>>
>>48672483

True, it's not as messy as 40k (though that doesn't really go into the Warp too much beyond "realm of thought and madness"). It may just be that it compares really poorly with other RL-inspired settings.

GURPS Cabal and Ars Magica both have really neatly worked out cosmologies, with a distinct lack of... well, actually I guess WoD is all about the budget-novel Supernatural Romance kind of horror.
>>
>>48672570
No, that would be Broken Winged Crane.

Perfected Lotus is alright.
>>
>>48672570
No, it long predates Ink Monkeys. Sidereal Martial Arts have been bullshit since 1st Edition. But otherwise, yes, you have the right feel for it.
>>
>>48672570
Nah, more of a 'yeah, you're now pretty much invincible and kill everything' fuckup in balance.

As in, Creation-Slaying Oblivion Kick is a combo made with that, and the punch people into a duck thing is from there.

And it's not the worst Charms in there.

Nobody saw a thing.
>>
>>48672632
For context, Creation-Slaying Oblivion Kick is the fan name for a combo based on the pinnacle charm for Charcoal March of Spiders style, Grandmother Spider Mastery. It applies two attacks with your full dice pool against everyone you can see, no matter the range. There are ways to give yourself telescopic, 360 degree X-Ray vision. So do that, stand on a high enough place (the top of the Imperial Mountain is traditional), and use GSM. You kick everyone in the world two times with an Exalted's strength. It won't be enough to kill many supernatural creatures, but all mortals and the weaker gods and elementals all die immediately. This leads to the creation of a Shadowland (death-aspected regions that form when enough people die in short succession, serve as natural portals to the Underworld) across the entirety of Creation. Everyone who survived your attack gets sucked into the Underworld, where they can't respire Essence and therefore eventually get mobbed to death by the various hungry ghosts, Nemessaries, and other creatures of the Neverborn.
>>
So as it stands thanks to feedback an ess7 cap, allowing you to access all written content for dragonbloods, seems like the best compromise assuming it takes a ton of dedicated effort to move up from essence 5. Avoids essence 10 wank but still leaves most of the power in your hands, although none of the other exalts will receive this treatment as they all get far more bullshit than terrestrials once they hit essence 6.
I am also leaning towards removing the single exaltation restriction due to the seeming lack of any opposition, so if anyone has any concerns about that now is probably a good time to bring them up. I want to ensure that whatever course I take is the most appropriate.
>>
>>48671946
>So, how is shoving all magic pools together actually supposed to work?
All your Jumps MP pools recover separately but feed into the same pool, which is the max of all the other pools added together.

Ditto HP, Stamina / Ki (Which may instead be MP according to your jump), And Willpower Pools.
>>
>>48672692
Could we cap charms requiring Essence higher than 7 instead? As >>48672407 said?

The only thing the three more essence would then give is more motes, and the ability to take repurchases like that one (really fun) medicine charm.
>>
>>48672692
Noted, please proceed with removing the cap.
>>
>>48670299
>How do you do it and how long does it take?
One of the problems Mars has is the core is cooled. This means Mars no longer has an electromagnetic field.

If you are serious about terraforming Mars, you need to get the metallic core molten again and give it a spin so the planet has an electromagnetic core.

If I were to ever blow up a planet, it would probably be in my attempts to do the above.
>>
>>48672692
See >>48671819 .
>>
>>48672740
So what you are saying is have no essence cap, but ban custom charms greater than 7. I mean that could work, but it sounds like its just for that one charm. Admittedly its a really cool charm, but it is a clunkier way of ruling it.
>>
>>48672782
Well, that one charm and having a bit bigger motepool. Which is also nice.

But fair enough, I guess I'll have to make do with three out of five elements.
>>
To Wukong and others, you know how there's the drawback in dragon blooded that you dont exalt? Can we include something like that in all future exalted jumps? I feel it would be fun.
if only for me
>>
>>48672876
...Okay?

>>48672782
Speaking of, you get your exaltation after the jump when drawbacks are revoked, if you pick that drawback, right?
>>
>>48672907
Unless you dont want it to, I would assume. I really wanna tear up creation without an exaltation just to screw with the setting.
>>
>>48672846
Well if nobody minds, I would consider ruling that given enough time and meditation, you may be able to learn the other 2 elements (although not the final purchase). It's one charm after all, not the end of the world, especially given it is pretty cool.
>>48672876
Easy high price drawback, of course I will
>>48672907
Yes.
>>
>>48672782
>So what you are saying is have no essence cap, but ban custom charms greater than 7. I mean that could work, but it sounds like its just for that one charm. Admittedly its a really cool charm, but it is a clunkier way of ruling it.
But it is also more fair, and allows the published (repurchase at higher level essence), which seem to be less insane than a straight up high essence charm.
E10 (no custom high essence charms allowed) would let you at least say you could reach E10, and would improve lesser charms in a more reasonable manner (because Essence is sometimes used in the calculations) and give a few more motes.

The problem was never even E10 by itself, it was the E10 CHARMS as such. Limiting custom Elder Charms solves the problem of people turning an E10 DB into a Solar Alike on a particular day (and the arguments that follow)
>>
>>48672929
>of course I will
YAY! Thank you!
>>
>>48672929
>>48672934
So Cap is E10, but no making your own E6-10 charms. That works for me.
>>
>>48672934
Ok never mind, that is a much easier way of doing it. Kind of annoyed that somehow didn't occur to me to put it like that.
>>
>>48672929
Are you still doing the one exalt only even post-jump thing? I missed whether that was resolved.
>>
Hey, /jc/! I've been away for about a week--what did I miss? Also, we broke 1000 threads? Cool!
>>
>>48670385
There's always the "theoretically mature women get drunk and molest the main character scene". I don't think Totori though of that as "good touching".

And while the most obvious gag of Astrid's is that she's into 14 year old girls, I don't think she got up to too much in Totori? Rorona and Meruru come off worse there in different ways.
>>
>>48672991
The usual, a few jumps and many shitstorms.
>>
>>48672983
That is currently up for debate. I am going to wait until tomorrow to make a final decision based on what is said in thread, although as it stands right now there appears to be most of the support towards allowing multiple exaltations.
>>
>>48673010
Huh. What jumps? Sounds like we got an Exalted one going on.
>>
>>48672991
>>48673010
A lot more than a few jumps, and there haven't been that many shitstorms until now. I feel like the shitposter was banned and just got back.
>>
>>48672991
A fuckton of jumps. We got like 7 or 8 in 1000 alone.

Incredibles, Exalted Dragon-Blooded, Shadow of Mordor, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and a whole bunch more.

My memory's shit, so I don't remember the rest.
>>
>>48673010
>many shitstorms
Eh... Not really?
>>
>>48672991
Warframe update finished.
>>
>>48672991
It's not that far back. Go check thread 1000. Also, 999 dropped a few as well (notably, Red released Warframe).

Also, Babylon came back and dropped his claim on Exalted. He was in a car accident or something like that.
>>
>>48673020
>>48673021
Hot damn! Well, I'm going to have to trawl the drive now--see you all in a while!
>>
>>48673019
A generic Mystic DC jump. Which is being split into a JLD focused one, and a Mythic DC jump. There were also a fuckton of other great jumps posted in the same thread. Get hyped.
>>
>>48673019
What jumps you say? All the 1000th thread anniversary jumps of course!

Rome, Roger Rabbit, Cyber Knight, Exalted, Shadow of Mordor, Incredibles, Exalted Dragon Blood, Warframe, and Anima Beyond Fantasy. I think I got them all.

And yeah fewer shitstoms than usual, but one really memorable one friday at like 2am for some reason.
>>
>>48672953
Eh, for what its worth... I'll throw one in my jumps too. Easy enough.

I'd just hope you don't land in Malfeas with your location roll in Infernals.
>>
>>48673070
Well the exalted jumps are going in the far backend off my chain. The "fun" zone" after my build is mostly done and i'm just having fun.

I'm a big exalted fan but the actual exalted themselves never felt really interesting to me. I always preferred heroic/enlightened mortals.
>>
>>48673017
My vote is for multiple. It goes against the spirit of jumpchain to restrict it to one.

Plus there'll be way less bitching that way.
>>
File: CyberKnightJump.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
CyberKnightJump.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48672991
>>48673053
>>48673064
This jump was completed while 1000 was still ongoing.
I felt like death but i made it happen
Lot of awesome jumps came out but holy shit. This one was made on the fly; Anyways...I hope everyone's doing well. Jumpers, what are your companion dynamics like?
How does everyone feel about one another?
>>
>>48673010
>The usual, a few jumps and many shitstorms.
What do you mean "A Few!?!"
We have had a Jump-a-palooda.
There were over 40 jumps in the New Jump Folder before it got sorted.

>>48672991
>Hey, /jc/! I've been away for about a week--what did I miss?
You may want to check at the folders for new jumps.

There was a Iraq War one, a LOTR one, the Exalted one, and more.
Incredibles Anon really worked with the thread and brought his "A" game.
>>
>>48673055
What? Since when can we have more than one jump for a setting outside of stupid shit like Nasuverse and Kamen Rider?
>>
>>48673017
Maybe add a 50cp option for something too? Like a Terrestrial Martial Art or Thaumatury?

Right now the only thing you can get for 50 is companion imports... Which doesn't work if you get the full set.

So if you take The Emerald Circle with the discount, there's a 50cp leftover...
>>
>>48673017
I'll vote for multiple, though it would make sense that non Infernal would take an temporary exit in an Infernal Jump and so on.
>>
File: HolyBait.jpg (334KB, 1158x873px) Image search: [Google]
HolyBait.jpg
334KB, 1158x873px
>>48673140
No, we've already discussed and ended this.
>>
>>48673140
>Implying comics aren't stupid shit
Also CCDT gave the go ahead on it for DC.
>>
>>48673140
Comic DC alone has enough material for at least a dozen more jumps. Same with comic Marvel.
>>
>>48673185
Yeah I didn't realise as I never normally put in 300 options in my jumps to then be discounted. I only clocked it when I started to see builds. I will add a thaumaturgy perk in the general list for 50cp to even it out.
>>
>>48673017
Multiple Exaltations sounds like the way to go.
>>
>>48673133
>Incredibles Anon really worked with the thread and brought his "A" game.
Speaking of, I should finish up that last update now that all the questions seem to have dried up.

And then they'll start again. The cycle continues.
>>
>>48673017
Multiple Exaltations makes the most sense.
>>
>>48673279
The questions will never end, jumpmakers are for asking questions after all. Exept for Wakfu who is also for bullying and Worm who is apparently a waifu.
>>
>>48673321
Wakfu not Spyro?
>>
>>48673321
Fair enough. I don't actually mind, so I guess that's fine.
>>
File: 1468941567005.jpg (45KB, 600x853px) Image search: [Google]
1468941567005.jpg
45KB, 600x853px
>>48673321

>I'm not a waifu
I-it's because i'm a bun isn't it
>>
>>48673006
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that's the scene that set them off, though in typical Japanese fashion she passes out before she does anything but fondle her.
>>
Can someone explain to me the mechanics behind MtA magic? Does it theoretically allow you to just will stuff to happen, but specific rituals and spells make stuff easier and less likely to backfire?
>>
>>48668824
>>48671276
Can you give more details about Dragonblood society in the jump? Dynasts in particular have some nasty culture the unaware would probably like to know.
>>
>>48673506
Oh boy here we go.
Reality is constructed from the combined consensus of those living in it.
Mages are connected is some way to the primal reality, the "awakening"
Thus they are able to overpower the consensual reality and replace it with their own.
But, when exposed to ordinary mortals their "magic" falls apart due to it being harder to re-write reality in front of the primary members of the consensus. This causes a form of backlash in the form of paradox.
Paradox is reality fighting against being altered.

Also I may have mixed up a little of Old World of Darkness and New World of Darkness in that explanation. Regardless that is the gist of it.
>>
How dangerous is the Marvel Comics jump?
>>
>>48673507
The thread exaggerates it a whole lot though. Mostly Dynast have to deal with being pressured into political marriages... which they can /easily/ postpones for a lot longer than 10 years.
>>
>>48673566
Thanks, but I pretty much knew that. I'm asking about what you have to do to actually cast it?
>>
>>48673485
Bun for bully.
>>
>>48673569
Thats kind of a matter of personal taste. As long as you avoid the cosmic bs and leave the crazy shit to stephen strange and reed richards like everyone else you will be fine as long as you have some toughness and regen.
>>
Whoop, I think the first 'finished' version of the Age Of Wonders jump is done. Take a look, let me know if anything needs changing before I start adding pictures.
>>
>>48673587
Nothing really, just will it.
Technically the somatic components, verbal components, tools, and even mana just facilitates it and makes it easier and helps combat paradox.
>>
>>48673566
Yeah, you mixed up most stuff

>"Reality" is defined by a series of Supernal symbols (basically Platonic ideals, but more abstract) which essentially function as the "programming" behind what humans consider reality
>Mages are connected to the "source code" by way of the Watchtowers
>They are able to use their inherent connection with the Supernal Realms-vast aggregates of the symbols-to shape reality
>Paradox happened because a long time ago other mages ascended to the Supernal Realms and wanted to hoard all the power for themself, so they blocked off further entry by unleashing the Abyss-nonbeing discarnate-across the metaphysical gulf between the Supernal truth and the Fallen World. The Lie happens when normies see magic, and trigger the ingress of a little of the Abyss
>>
Google updated their pdf viewer so it doesn't look like ass.

Finally a positive change.
>>
>>48671620
The jump says flip a coin.
>>
>>48673642
Yeah, it's been a while since I read Mage the Awakening and it's sourcebooks. Oh Well.
>>
>>48673611
Oh, alright, thanks.

One more question. Should I just dump all of my MP into Gnosis and train up my Arcanum on my own?
>>
>>48673672
Thats is what I did. There is nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you have other ways to defend against mages and other beings.
>>
>>48673609
Seems kinda empty. Also, this jump tells me jack all about the setting.
Elves and Dwarves vs Orcs and Dark Elves and then a necromancer attacks? Also what is the cult of storms and the keepers?
And what are all the available races and what are they? What is an Azrac?
>>
>>48673507
It depends how you define nasty. The dynasts are often quite political, and really excel in the specialisations they choose, so whatever they do they are usually really competent at it. If you make waves or enemies your opponents can bring some pretty serious opposition to you; alternatively allies often will stand by you even unto death, these I consider pretty key parts to society. The issue that people often focus on are the arranged marriages, which pretty much everyone is in but do take time to organise. However these are considered tools to both bring a couple of houses closer together and have two children, which the state mandates to help maintain dragonblood numbers. Most put up with it and society at large puts no real stigma on having harems/mistresses/lovers as long as the couple keeps up appearances.
As just a general clarification I would say that you can choose to be in an arranged marriage with an imported companion if you both share the dynast background.
>>
What is the best non worm Intangibility power?
>>
>>48673609
Otherwise it's not too bad. The perks seem interesting.
>>
>>48673760
Not sure, but probably x-men. Kitty Pride get's wanked pretty hard in setting.
>>
>>48673757
And plenty of people don't want to be forced into political marriages and harems. It's the kind of thing they should be informed of before they rush ahead and pick Dynast.
>>
>>48673777
That would be a good one if her powers were available, the X-Men Movies jump is the only X-Men jump so far and that jump doesn't have her level of intangibility available.
>>
Anyone got a copy of the Coiling Dragons jump? I'm interested in reading it, never got the chance before it was removed.
>>
>>48673823
go find the SB jump drive. It's just a google search away.
>>
>>48673797
The harems aren't required, and openly having them is actually not allowed. You have to keep up the appearance of a happy marriage if you're married.

Only the political marriages are required. And even then you can refuse or easily postpone it to after the jump. 10 years is not a lot for a Dragon-Blooded, and you're a very young one.
>>
>>48673657
I prefer using Edge as my pdf viewer. It fast and has tab for me to use.
>>
>>48673747
Its more or less the standard LOTR style fantasy, so the setting is fairly simple to begin with. I'll see if I can expand a bit on setting and events though.
>>
>>48673797
Well you are not forced into a harem. And if you put a bit of effort in you can probably postpone any sort of political marriage. I am not 100% sure but dont I think dynasts get pushed into them at least until a few years after stepping out of school, so you'll probably have a decent amount of breathing room. Although I could be mistaken on that last one, its not something I have looked into at length.
>>
>>48672137
Most people still seem to go with it, even if a few vocal ones don't.
>>
>>48673870
and please tell me what that Azrac race is. That name caught my eye.

inb4 google it. I'm about to do that as well.
>>
>>48673485
Oh, don't be like that, Digger. I just didn't waifu you because I thought you were already taken. It would have been terribly rude.
>>
>>48673668
You got it confused with Ascension, that's all. I do that a lot, too. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>48673132
Feelings are for the weak.
>>
>>48673876
It's pretty much a 'as soon as you're an adult' thing. And even if people think they can postpone it, don't you think the text should inform them it's a problem they need to deal with?
>>
>>48673132
The Deer Lord hates all my other companions a little less than he/she/it hates me.

The others get along pretty well for the most part. There are three distinct camps though... the destructive side, the take-over-the-world side, and the actually nice side.

Most of the time, big arguments only happen at the start of jumps, when we decide what we're going to do.
>>
File: Tesla_Effect_HelmetBro_portrait.png (312KB, 650x391px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla_Effect_HelmetBro_portrait.png
312KB, 650x391px
>pic related is my only male companion, and seems to also be the only one who isn't some variant of not-right-in-the-head

Anyone have that one Companion, /jc/? The only voice of reason in your personal life?
>>
>>48674058
>Helmet Bro
>right in the head
his primary thought train is "WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN!"
>>
>>48673902
Azrac are not-quite-humans living in the desert regions of AoW. Think arabia and armies of giant scorpions, djinns and lots of fire.
Looks like the background section got lost during one of the re-writes, actually. Adding it back in now.
>>
>>48673132
I give my companions a lot of freedom, they do a lot of stuff on their own and we've had some bumbles as a result. But the lot of them are like their own little soap opera. This ones in love with that one, that ones a vigilante, that one might be doing evil bullshit, that ones a detective and hes accidentally discovering the plots of my other companions.

It's really fun to watch them from afar sometimes.
>>
>>48674058
White Mage sometimes considers going back home to 8-bit Theatre when the insanity gets even worse than it there, but she cares too much to give up being our conscience.
>>
>>48674110
Coolio. Sounds right up my alley. My preferred things (perks, pets, races, etc) are typically insect, desert, or deep deep ocean related.
>>
>>48674091
Yes. Which, considering what a Jumper gets up to, is a perfectly sane and reasonable line of thought.

My other Companions consist of a psychic Angelroid, a fluffy-tailed half-dragon who spent centuries trapped in a painting, two Sekirei, a fight-crazy Mawile, and a No_Star student from Honnouji who is the second most normal person here.
>>
Anyone know where Kamen Jumper is?
>>
>>48674058
Mother Box Is the only voice of reason among my companions.
>>
File: Wolfgang.Schreiber.full.52095.jpg (156KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfgang.Schreiber.full.52095.jpg
156KB, 800x600px
>>48673609
>FirstStrike

OK guys, that gave me an idea. How do I Wolfgang? I want to basically being always faster than my opponent when hitting. The guy's ability is basically having 'your speed +1'.

Mage and Exalted seem to be a right place to start getting enough conceptual bullshit.
>>
>>48674140
>fluffy-tailed half-dragon who spent centuries trapped in a painting
Excellent taste, anon.
>>
>>48673132
Everyone gets along, normally, but Nagai a.k.a. No-Star and Helmet Bro give everyone else a wide berth.

Priscilla had her own YouTube channel for a while, and it's possible she ended up with more subscribers than me. But she's mostly just happy to have friends. She's also picked up a love of flying ever since becoming a Dragonite by the end of Pokemon Conquest. She's just adorable in general.

Akitsu and Yashima seem to like me, but I don't know if they know what would have happened to them canonically or if that's just them being Sekirei.

Marianne is... uh. Well, she's first into the fight, every fight, and has actually come to enjoy the moniker of "Melee DPS."

Then there's Melissa. She's not so much "loyal" as "obsessed," but wouldn't hurt a fly. Whether she would psionically dominate that fly into serving me, provided I ordered her to, is a question I'm not sure I want to know the answer to.

>>48674355
I figured she just needed a friend. It's gone pretty well.
>>
>>48674355
Cracker_Jack, would "Black-Hearted Bastard" work on things like the Dark Side of the Force or Dresden Files Practitioner Corruption?
>>
Where can I get some intangibility perks that don't work using fucking "Density Manipulation"?
>>
>>48674440
Naruto?
>>
>>48674395
Well KOTOR said it would work on the Dark Side. But I think Wild Card said anti-corruption perks wouldn't help with Dresden Files black magic?
>>
>>48674349
Not guaranteed first hit, but it helps a lot. So long as you're within about one order of magnitude in terms of speed/reflexes, you'll get your first hit. Going up against someone like the Flash would still need some form of superspeed to win the initiative.
>>
>>48674440
X-men, or any jump where you can be a ghost?
>>
>>48674349
I feel like D&D or The Force might help you here.
>>
>>48674440
Lord of light has one of the best ones, Also try undertale
>>
>>48673485
Hey Digger, can training be used for the purposes of 'Make It Work'? Like trying to snipe a mannequin with a shotgun at a shooting range?
>>
>>48674349
Greater Celerity from D&D is literally Wolfgang's power isn't it? Combine that with precog, timestop, and an immunity to time/space hax and you're Wolfgang, but even more bullshit and without his weaknesses.
>>
>The rub, though, is that the time it'll take for your hatchling to grow up is roughly a hundred trillion years, and that time cannot be shortened through breeding, gene-manipulation, or time-manipulation.

>Trying to crossbreed anything with Star Dragon DNA means it's going to be stuck in a baby form for a very, very, very long time. A longer time than you have. This includes yourself. Don't get any smart ideas.

Why the fuck do we let jumpmakers get away with shit like this.
>>
Gonna head off, but I will keep an eye on the thread over the next day or two for any further comments on the multiple exaltations thing. So far most people seem to support it, but will take into account all responses when making version 1.2
>>
>>48674482
He never actually made a ruling on it. He basically said 'maybe' and people started to get pissed, so he sorta dropped it.
>>
>>48674611
Because baby star dragons are awesome.
>>
How strong is Yurgen Kaneko?
>>
>>48674644
You're gonna get shat on even if you try to stuck to the setting's "one Exaltation per Exalted person", so you may as well avoid trouble.
>>
>>48674676
Quit whining, cancer.
>>
>>48674349
>Posting Dies Irae
Why are you doing this to me
>>
>>48674611
Because that thing, upon reaching adulthood, is stronger than an Oldwalker.
>>
File: Best.jpg (137KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
Best.jpg
137KB, 500x720px
>>48674349
Best girl.
>>
>>48674737
I find that sin-fucking-cerely hard to believe, considering there exists a spell that is quite literally destroying a plane of existence.
>>
>>48674726
At least there's an anime coming out next year. Assuming it isn't DEEN-tier a jump could probably be made then.
>>
>>48674737
Oldwalker power-levels vary quite a bit, friendo.
>>
>>48674748
How do you guys even consume that? Is there someone actually translating the behemoth, or do I resume learning Japanese?

>>48674790
It's going to be inferior regardless of who makes it.
>>
>>48674790
>Dies Irae as anything but an end jump
Bwahahahahaha
>>
>>48674794
By the way, is vs battles esimate of Old-Walker power levels remotely accurate? It has Nico Bolas placed at 2A, which is at the level of casually destroying millions of universes at once.
>>
>>48674813
Elaboration – anime will be inferior to novel regardless of how good it is.

>>48674826
>Locking us out of that delicious suffering
Get out, you.
>>
>>48674813
Someone who hasn't even read the series shouldn't be remarking on it's quality.
>>
>>48674835
Power levels are bullshit.
>>
>>48674826
Fuck off with that cancerous bullshit.
>>
>>48674826
It could be a normal jump as long you ban Godhood. The hax/bullshit characters throw around before that maxes out at country-level unless you're the Beast.
>>
>>48674856
I read the prologue, at least. As one anon said previously, it is pure honey to the eyes. What animation could compare?
>>
>>48674826
The first acts of Dies Irae are pretty tame.
>>
>>48674835
Nowhere close to that.
>>
>>48674770
Actually, can't even a Neowalker or just a powerful mage theoretically cast one of those?

I haven't read Shadows, but I was told Tamiyo has something along the lines of Planar Collapse stored in a scroll?
>>
>>48674892
Ah, so you're one of those elitist snobby weaboos about this then. Ew.

>>48674896
Game is more then the first acts. You might have some more luck if you ban Briah and above from being gained and limit some of the other stuff in setting too.
>>
>>48674884
>>48674896
Would it be possible to do it how the TTGL jump does it?
>>
>>48674611
I wonder, time manipulation can't be used to speed up the time. But what if I put it somewhere it can actually expierience those trillions of years? Like the Gateway in SCP is pretty damn good for this since, it's simply an area where time simply behaves differently, the baby dragon would actually be there for its trillions of years so I wonder if it counts.
>>
>>48674915
Briah doesn't need to be banned. None of them are better than timestop or balefire and many of them are actually worse. Except for Reinhard.
>>
>>48674928
Probably not, as it's the kind of Jump Fiat a jumpmaker uses to quash imaginative workarounds.

It's despicable.
>>
>>48674915
I sincerely hope to be proven wrong, then.
>>
>>48674928
If it's that big of a deal to you, just go to a setting where you can stay indefinitely and sit there until it hatches. There's a bunch of settings with scenarios/drawbacks like that.
>>
>>48674920
Ideally, that's precisely how you would do it. Cap the jumper at Briah unless they take an endjump scenario and want to join in on Chu2 Ragnarok.
>>
>>48674910
Hey Cracker_Jack, can we fluff how X-men "Phasing" works?
>>
>>48674983
>If it's that big of a deal to you
It..not though anon..? I didn't even jump it, I was just wondering if it was even possible given the rules your given. I don't even plan on buying it.
>>
>>48674648
Oh, well if it were up to me, I'd say it would work.

Personally, I made a copy of and recreated the enchantments on the Blackstaff to put on a ring.
>>
>>48674611
Because that's how it works in the setting, so stop complaining that they won't bend over backwards and change a setting's reality for you.
>>
>>48675076
Post-jump the setting no longer factors in, faggotron.
>>
>>48674949
Go away, Daffy. Nobody cares about your feuds with Bugs.
>>
File: confused saitama.gif (304KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
confused saitama.gif
304KB, 450x253px
If I just wanna relax, which starting time should I pick in Narnia?
>>
>>48675010
Sure. It's all pretty much equally nonsensical anyway.
>>
>>48675097
Sure it does. Things keep working how they work in the setting forever. Jump-chan fiat works both ways.
>>
>>48674058
My sentient magitech sword. She has been with me since my fifth jump and I trust her with my life.
>>
>>48675102
Voyage of the Dawn Tredder. Nothing dangerous is going on, which is why they're out sailing.
>>
>>48673609
What can each level of spheres do? Give some examples of scale and effect.

Can spheres be improved/increased post-jump or does the number of spheres you purchase limit you forevermore?
>>
>>48672551
I meant for your summons, and happening automatically for them.
>>
Are there any perks besides "Out of Place, Out of Time" which would provide resistance to a surprise GBE attack?
>>
File: marble skin.png (137KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
marble skin.png
137KB, 500x456px
>>48668824
Have a build!

Earth Aspect [Free] I like the Earth Aspect's abilities best.
Dynast [Free] The best option.
Location: Thorns. Welp. Better get out of dodge before it blows. Or just kill the Mask.
>perks:
Educated - Heptagram [Free] Why in Malfeas would I go anywhere else?
Legendary Breeding [300] Fuck. Yeah.
Artificer [400] Being an artificer is actually pretty cool here. Especially as an Earth Aspect.
The Emerald Circle [150] Sorcery. YES! I love Exalted-style sorcery, and even these low spells are pretty useful.
Exalted Beauty [400] Vanity! I'm guessing this puts me at an Appearance rating of 6 or 7?
>items: [+400]
Dragon Cutter [400] I'll probably switch this out for that mentioned Warstrider next update. For now, fire-sword is decent.
>companions:
Full Import [300] Everyone's invited. Considering this is /Dragon-Blooded/, getting a group together is basically required.
>drawbacks:
Interesting [+0]
A Boon [+100] Very well then. I can stay on the down-low for a bit.
Political Enemy [+200] Oh? You want to play the politics game? Well... I can do that too.
Chosen of the Sun [+300] These new solars get ganked all the fucking time by Wild Hunts... A few weeks of experience? He's be lucky to have a starting character's amount of charms. Power that won the war against the primordials? Try again when you actually have personal training from the Sun and a full Legion of dragon-blooded behind you. Right now? This guy is utterly, utterly fucked.

Got 50cp left over, so time to wait for an option to be added for that soon. I /really/ wish I could've grabbed the Martials Arts option, but I can learn that on my own.

Now I need to figure what to do with the rest of my time here... So many options, so little time...

First off, visit Malfeas and the Wyld to make friends/magpie stuff/gawk. Hang out with best bro ligier.

Collect a fuckton of magical materials. (Why aren't these for purchase?)

No one saw a thing.
>>
>>48675307
If you import a companion as a Wielder but don't have them but a Keyblade, can they get their own in-jump?
>>
>>48675323
Precog/dangersense, and teleportation?
>>
>>48675345
buy*
>>
>>48674611
I just ignore rulings like that personally.
>>
>>48675378
Fuck off, powerwanker.
>>
>>48675352
Dodging isn't resistance, but thanks anyway. For reference:

>Out of Place, Out of Time 600: There is sufficient reason to believe that at one end of the World Pillar lies something which affects the progression of time…perhaps a black hole, perhaps something else – but if the gravity storms are anything to indicate the nature of the threat…well this place definitely has a limited life span to it. In the presence of dense gravity storm clusters, time itself seems to bend and warp. Good thing that you’re protected from both of these effects – even if you were to approach too close to a gravity storm, its space warping effects won’t tear you apart, and the time warping effects of moving along the World Pillar don’t seem to affect you or those close to you either - ensuring that you won’t accidentally come to find that decades have passed by because you travelled too high up.
>>
>>48675394
Fuck off, cancer.
>>
>>48675336
>Location: Thorns. Welp. Better get out of dodge before it blows. Or just kill the Mask.
That reminds me: One of the Exalted jumps really needs to have a "you must defend Gem" drawback. Because it's the City of One Thousand Dooms, defending Gem means you'll have to go up against pretty much every threat in the setting.
>>
>>48675336
>I like the Earth Aspect's abilities best.
What would those be?
>>
File: 1470427153025.jpg (527KB, 1400x875px) Image search: [Google]
1470427153025.jpg
527KB, 1400x875px
>>48675394
>mfw I remember arguing Bleach, Asura's Wrath, and several other settings were too strong for jumpchain and now this troll is calling me a powerwanker.
>>
>>48675469
People change, power-wanker
>>
>>48675461
Awareness, Craft, Integrity, Resistance and War.
>>
>>48674287
In the jumps with folders folder, in the unimaged folder.

Folder, folder, folder.
>>
>>48675469
Power
Wanker
>>
>>48674835

>>48675323
kingdom hearts has gravity as a magical element, pick up Spell casting There and use conjoined congeries with a magic system that allows for spills that protect you from specific elements on it to have a spell/item of protection from gravity.
>>
>>48675516
Folder? I hardly knew'er
>>
>>48670299
The only ELEs I can perform at 41 Jumps is I could nuke the crap out of a planet with Mass Effect City Busters or create an Ice Age if the planet has enough oceans. Or I could unleash the Vord.
>>
>>48675516
Not the jumps, the guy who made them.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

Awareness, Craft, Integrity, Resistance and War.

Awareness lets me sense things through the earth, which is fun.

Craft is a big one. Basically allows me to carve shit out of rock with my bare hands, and build shit by simply punching the raw materials.

Integrity allows me to say 'fuck you' to social exalts trying to fuck with my head.

Resistance makes me tough. Which is nice.

War... Lead army, be general, and stomp my foot to raise a fortress wall.

I'll grab other stuff from other the other Aspect's abilities. But these are a nice base.

Oh, and I should probably roll for the Caste of the Solar trying to kill me...

Wonder if I can copy Mnemon's Emerald Thurible to get access to 2nd Circle Demons...
>>
>>48675104
So Cracker_Jack, what kind of price does OUaT magic require? Would mana be sufficient?
>>
>>48675345
It's possible, but still unlikely, and remember the loyalty thing applies to a Keyblade a companion gets too.

>>48675553
Digger made Neo Heisei. Kamen Rider Anon was around a few weeks back, but doesn't always trip.
>>
>>48675598
Shit. That was supposed to be for >>48675461

Ah well. Anyway... a Twilight. Who had only a few frantic weeks to prepare.

...Well, that was an anti-climatic drawback. I set up a whole pseudo-Wyld Hunt with my companions, and then he just went down like a chump.
>>
>>48670299
I have a LoT with a Jovian pattern nova Cannon and dark star generator ,so like an hour including charge time.
>>
>>48675598
Something that's cool about Earth? It's the center point of the elemental wheel in Creation, the stable union of Air, Fire, Water and Wood. So if you decide to go for Transcendent Gaian Harmony to become an Omni-Caste (and why wouldn't you, it's awesome), you get a nice thematic of you bringing forth the power of the other elements within Earth.
>>
What's this star dragon even from?
>>
>>48675609
Who the fuck even knows, man. It's usually some mysterious metaphysical "price". The weaker stuff probably just causes fatigue or something.

More powerful spells require more tangible stuff like the heart of the thing the caster loves and some such. A common thing that happens is the caster becomes addicted and uses magic more and more.

Unless it's been expanded on more, since I haven't watched it in a while.
>>
>>48675697
lol.
>>
>>48675422
That would be pretty fitting, yeah. I don't think it works for Infernals, but I'll note it down in case I do another splat later.
>>
>>48675689
>Transcendent Gaian Harmony to become an Omni-Caste (and why wouldn't you, it's awesome)
What's awesome about it?
>>
>>48675697
League of Legends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAAnY_L4Pp4
>>
>>48675689
That /is/ cool, yeah.

>>48675715
It basically gives an extra elemental aspect for every purchase of it, so you become something like the embodiment of all five Elements.
>>
>>48675715
You're basically the Avatar. You've got every elemental anima, you can use all the elemental variation charms as if you were any aspect you like, and you don't pay surcharges on charms anymore. There's also a mention that "Savants postulate that a sixth purchase might facillitate evolution into a totally new type of being". Though that's a typo, it's actually a fifth purchase as you need to buy it only four times to be an Omni-Aspect. Scroll of Errata backs me up on that.
>>
>>48673839
>go find the SB jump drive
So, I DID google it.
No comment on Coiling Dragons,
But I DID see B5 Crusade there...
THAT looks nice. Imaged, and you can be an actual alien race.

Babylons B5 Jump is trash, were you have to be human, and a lot of his perks (Like Nightwatch) have him write your personality and your Jump, and take away your free will.

So why isn't THAT Jump on the drive?
>>
>>48675815
And what are these Savants basing this on? I find their methodology quite flawed.
>>
>>48675851
Because they never posted it here for us to see. We can't put up jumps we don't have, anon.
>>
>>48675858
You can buy it once for every point above 5 your Essence is. Essence rankings are an in-character thing as well as a game rule. So they can go "okay, this guy got four purchases at Essence 9 and has all aspects, what happens if he gets to Essence 10 and buys it again? What element does he get from that?"
>>
>>48675898
Wouldn't you miss out on potential in your own aspect, then? Or am I misunderstanding how Charm purchases work?
>>
>>48672991
Ender's Game Jump.
>>
>>48675898
I've seen people say that Dragon-blooded Exaltations are like Bending on crack? Can you confirm this? Preferably with examples.
>>
>>48675815
Eh, the 'new type of being' thing is completely unexplained though.

Personally, I'd allow the last purchase to give you to benefits of getting a Vitriol or Underworld element, like the Dragons of a Different Color mentioned in the Black Treatise.

>>48675930
No. Charms are just specific powers you learn. You don't have a cap on how many you can have.
>>
>>48674395
>Dresden Files Practitioner Corruption?
>>48674482
>Wild Card said anti-corruption perks wouldn't help with Dresden Files black magic?
Read Dresden files, and to me it seemed like the "Breaking the Laws makes you evil"
was mostly a load of Horse Crap Party Line.
As in Merlin used time travel to make the Prison,

The White Council still has a problem summoning mooks to kill someone (even though they would be killing, not you) but it is OK to swab them with this enchanted sword.
>>
>>48675930
No more than the opportunity cost of putting your efforts into learning Transcendent Gaian Meditation five times instead of other charms.

>>48675965
Sure, give me a second and I'll find some of the better examples in the books. There are some neat ones.
>>
>>48675971
>>48675988
So learning Charms is more of a time investment than anything else? Why does nobody else do this? Does it get harder/take longer to learn Charms the more you have?
>>
>>48675987
It is, for the most part. There are two exceptions.

1. Mind control really does warp you into the sort of person who enjoys/abuses mind control.

2. Murdering people with magic and ENJOYING it legitimately does making you start to rely on murder as a problem solver and slowly incentivize you into a killer. This is different from the jump, which tries to say that ALL murder corrupts you, even accidental, when this isn't canonically the case.
>>
>>48675987
The laws exist for a reason, but it's not as black and white as it appears in the jump. Having said that—Dresden talks a bit, in one of the books, about how magic is "the energy of life", which is why you don't use it to kill things. You can create a fireball and kill something with that, but directly killing something with magic is a massive no-no.
>>
>>48676041
See >>48676040

Intent alters your soul. This is where the 'corruption' bit comes in, you basically alter your soul to be more okay or incentivized to do something, like an addiction. However, it mainly only causes the problems described in the jump in the two situations I listed.
>>
>>48675851
Because it's godawful SB garbage with such things as a perk that flat out doubles the potentcy of all your powers, and triples some of them. It varies between stupid and useless perks and ridiculous bullshit perks that completely fail to be balanced against everything else. That's before we get into the creator being an idiotic rules lawyer of the "it doesn't say I can't" variety.
>>
Oh look, another argument about something which we've argued about twenty times already.
>>
>>48676087
Q/A isn't an argument, and discussions aren't a problem unless you make them so.
>>
>>48676087
How sad is it that I have no idea which argument you're referring to?
>>
>>48676097
I just don't see the point of rehashing the same things over and over again forever.
>>
>>48676114
New people asking for their first time.
>>
>>48675851
>>48675867
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By-PsjJV5qdHNGh2bC1ST1NHYkk
>>
>>48675965
They're... not really benders. They can do stuff like it if you take the charms for it, but mainly they're elemental-themed supersoldiers.

Like Elemental Bolt Attack to shoot fireballs/rocks/whatever, Refining the Inner Blade to Blade to make a sword out of your elements, and other stuff.

>>48676033
Yes. Just time investment.

And they do that stuff... But this in particular is an obscure Charm which requires high Breeding (which is rare) and a lot of Medicine knowledge. Add to that the fact that most Dragon-Blooded never get to or past Essence 7 (at which point they could have just three Aspects)... It just doesn't come up a lot.

To even get the first purchase you need to be atleast 100 years old for essence 6, and longer for every point of Essence above that. And Dragon-Blooded only have an average lifespan of 300 to 500 years, if they don't die fighting (which happens a lot).
>>
>>48676136
Do you honestly believe that?
>>
>>48675987
Time magic is restricted because it's apparently very easy to create a paradox or something.

And Merlin made the laws to begin.
>>
>>48675987
It's also entirely possible that the mysterious prisoner in Skin Game is Merlin, who locked himself away for a very good reason.
Thread posts: 485
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.