[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Stranger Things' is just a cheap knock off of 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (42KB, 494x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 494x540px
'Stranger Things' is just a cheap knock off of 40k

>unprotected psykers delve into the warp and unwittingly open rifts for daemon spawn to enter into the materium

GW should sue Netflix
>>
>>48657597
>'Stranger Things'
?
What is this thingie?
>>
>>48657661
Favorite show right now

I feel mentally retarded for enjoying it as much as I do, please watch it
>>
>>48657597
40k is just a cheap knockoff of Heavy Metal, you moron.
>>
Nothing new under the sun.
>>
>>48657597
Who's that guy in your pic? I keep seeing him posted.
>>
>>48657777
40k is a knockoff of several different popular sources no one on /tg/ has ever read because they read Black Library instead.
>>
>>48657831
Arya Stark from Game of Thrones, or her actress.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 724x353px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 724x353px
>>48657750

It's ok but Its kind of cheesy
>>
>>48657597
It's clearly a Delta Green scenario about MJ12 fucking up so bad that the civilians get sorted out before the PCs even arrive.
>>
>>48657597
What is it about 40kfags where you must force 40k into everything and everything into 40k?

I'm not even mad, I'm just curious. It happens every day on here

Like, if the only way you can grasp/enjoy another piece of media is by putting it into /tg/-terms, at least use an appropriate source like Delta Green.

Is this true, diagnosable, not-just-a-4chan-insult "on the spectrum" autism? Why does it show up so much with the 40k fans?
>>
>>48660037
It's a mix of autism, fanboyism, and outright ignorance.

40k is a hodgepodge of dozens of different properties and it rips off (or homages, depending on how generous you feel) as many things as Star Wars, just as blatantly but with more litigation. The problem is, the most vocal 40k fans don't read anything but 40k, so they don't get the references, homages, and nods that the setting is almost entirely made of. This means when another property references the material 40k already referenced, they think it's a ripoff of 40k. This kind of shit happens all the time with fanboys who base their entire identities around that one thing they like.
>>
>>48660037
Instead of replying to threads that make you angry, just ignore them and make threads about topics that you enjoy.
>>
>>48660142
Star Wars is nothing if not subtle compared to 40k. The most subtle bit of referencing in 40k is Lion El' Johnson and that's just because no one gives a shit about late 19th century British poetry.
>>
File: image.jpg (432KB, 842x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432KB, 842x1200px
>>48660037
40k is a bit like an old heavy metal cover where anything goes and you're encouraged to just fuck around with it as much as you want.
>>
>>48660037
40k is just not a setting and a franchise. It's also a hobby and the hobby aspect makes people do all kinds of crossover stuff because it's fun, not just because autism.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.