[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the closest thing to the SOG(Studies and Observations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: S1.jpg (137KB, 895x593px) Image search: [Google]
S1.jpg
137KB, 895x593px
I want to make an Imperial Guard army similar to SOG involved in the CIA operations during the cold war and was wondering what the closest thing to it is in the 40k lore
>>
>>48650616
Technically the Militarum Tempestus when speaking on IG terms, but have you tried simply making your own regiment?
>>
>>48650791
thats my plan, but I was hoping to find some inspiration in the established lore as well
>>
The Militarum Tempestus are guard special forces and have a variety of hardcore examples of service in their codex. The short version being they do the riskiest things without hesitation and normally die in the process.

As far as an army intended to undertake very small covert strikes using unusual equipment and with great skill... you're actually describing Deathwatch. Look at their new codex sometime.
>>
Catachans would be pretty similar. They're already 'Nam-era Green Berets, so giving them a clandestine mission and some Inquisition oversight would push them closer into SOG territory.
>>
File: SpecOps.jpg (186KB, 1448x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SpecOps.jpg
186KB, 1448x1080px
>>48650616
>wing wiper
>ak47
>mp
>dwarf w hands in pockets
>65yo od bdus
>twig boy
>op wants this

Huh. Different strokes, I guess.
>>
>>48652595
Modern special forces come off as pretty try hard in pics like this. It's not like they're fighting real wars any more either.
>>
>>48652595

Woah, woah, woah don't you bad mouth the MACV-SOG brother.
Especially not while posting edgy skullfaced bandanas like those.
>>
>>48652595
Are those action figures or airsoft kids?

Either way I'm pretty sure actual special forces don't try that hard to be cool.
>>
>>48652595
>posts cosplayers
>>
>>48652595
more like whatever works for them, special forces guys wear whatevern they need for a mission, even if that means dressing up like santa claus
>>
>>48652595
What's with the faggot pic? This is a thread for men, not pussies who hide behind spoopy masks.
Huh. Different strokes, I guess.
>>
>>48650616
This would be done best with Inquisition allies. Scions wouldnt make much sense since they are basically elite infantry used for offensive ops.
>>
>>48652595
Those guys arent legitimate CAG, Green Berets, or Rangers. If I were a betting man, Id say that pic was taken in garrison. No combat MOS is wearing colored flags in country. And though CAG and Green Berets can wear pretty much whatever gear they want, the variety of helmets, the black standard issue fleece, and those M4's look awful suspect.
>>
>>48652610
Modern SF consisting of SEAL's, Green Berets, CAG, and to a lesser degree Rangers - are most definitely doing real shit on a daily basis.

I went to selection in 2005, but didnt make it through. My youngest brother has been a member of 5th group for 7 or 8 years. He's spent time on an ODA, and has been in combat in places we arent even 'at war' with. He's range cadre now due to a blood disease he contracted in Lebanon/Syria a few years ago. Non deployable Green Beret with multiple deployments/missions under his belt. The Army dream job.
>>
>>48652595
>65yo od bdus
you do realize when that photo was taken, right?
>>
>>48656943
My guess would be Grenada, maybe Vietnam. Though I am slightly confused by what looks to me like a WW2 era German submg.
>>
>>48657059
should be vietnam

as for the gun
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_M76
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.