[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If she wanted immortality so bad, why didn't she just become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

If she wanted immortality so bad, why didn't she just become a vampire? Vampirism seems like it would be a lot easier to deal with than four fucking demon pacts.
>>
File: Declaration-in-Stone.jpg (152KB, 1024x751px) Image search: [Google]
Declaration-in-Stone.jpg
152KB, 1024x751px
>Vampirism seems like it would be a lot easier to deal with
Perhaps, but the immortality acquired through it isn't all that reliable.
>>
>>48646459
>Awaken my masters
>>
>>48646405
Not anywhere near as rad, though.
>>
>>48646405
She wanted to defeat death, not become an undead. She wanted to still be alive and eternally young, not some kind of pretty corpse.
>>
>>48646405
She should've waited 30 years and came here and she could've had her telomeres extended.

Or she could be Lili Skynet and upload her consciousness onto a computer.
>>
>>48646498
god dammit
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>48647240
>Or she could be Lili Skynet and upload her consciousness onto a computer.
>>
Because she looked like 70 when she made the pact, afaik vampirism doesn't give you your youth back.
>>
>>48646498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sblR0eIRW-I
>>
>>48646405
Becoming undead destroys the planeswalker spark. Sorin is the exception because Innistrad vampires aren't undead, they're basically an extended family with a curse's bloodline.

Even if we ignore that hiccup, she'd need to get a vampire to cooperate with her and vamp her, and she'd have to trust said vampire enough to not just turn her into a thrall or plain old murder her. Liliana is not big on trust.

She made the deals with the demons because she knew they would fuck her, because that's what demons do, but the demons were bound to honor their end of the bargain and after that she had every intention to fuck them right back.
>>
>>48646405
I guess it depends whether or not you're into fucking demons.
>>
>>48646785
Why not polymorph herself into an Elf?
>>
>>48648473
>Becoming undead destroys the planeswalker spark.

Where does it say that?
>>
>>48646498
Fuck you I spat out my drink
>>
>>48651817
>>48648473
It doesn't Bolas literally asks her why she didn't try to become a lich. She doesn't wanna do it because Black is basically Ayn Rand, and the slavery to blood/accepting death would means she's subservient to it instead of MASTER OF MY OWN FATE
>>
>>48651817
The same part where dying destroys the spark. Being reanimated doesn't bring it back
>>
>>48651817

It depends on HOW you become undead. If it causes your soul to depart or be replaced with eeeevil, then the spark is lost. If you do it like a lich, or curse/mutation style vampirism (and possibly whatever is happening to Garruk) then it preserves the link.
>>
>>48651817
Your spark is attached to your soul, if your soul flys away the aether trapped within it breaks free and returns to the blind eternities.
>>
>>48646405

Because becoming a Vampire makes you lose your soul.

In other words, you die and some other being possesses your body and acquires your memories and intelligence. So somebody else that looks like you gets to be an immortal superhero and you get to either end up in the afterlife or if your soul is destroyed you miss out on even that.

Your soul is the seat of your consciousness and moral agency. Any deal that involves selling, destroying, or otherwise losing that is a sucker bet.
>>
So she is part of Gatewatch, who is more or less the Justice League? Also why not MTG fighting game? They are more than enough characters for a good roster. Who would you main?
>>
>>48652828
because Wizards of the Coast is shit at branding its game outside the cards themselves.

wheres the movie? this shit is prime for one, especially the new story formating.

Toys? real video games that aren't shit translations of cardgames?

who knows, Hasbro is retarded.
>>
>>48648473
Elspeth became a Returned, which is a variant of undead I think, and I'm pretty sure she still has her spark.
>>
>>48652828
>not maining Nicol Bolas
>>
>>48652828
Screw planeswalker only fighters, let's get in all the notable characters and contrive a noncanon plot behind a Warriors Orochi ripoff. Have Phyrexia find a way to undo the Mending, and let them invade Dominaria. They can make portals to scout other planes, through which all the notable characters and places from other planes fall. The Jacetice league can recruit a resistance army for the protagonists, the Phyrexians can be the villains, and the people who don't give a shit either way can be third parties. Stick Bolas behind it all as the secret BBEG, and have a mesh of Bolas' agents, Phyrexian officers and notable assholes be the bosses. Sounds like good shit already.

>Implying that if Wizards did this they wouldn't make it canon
>>
>>48654911

A DOTA-style game would be perfect, seen the number of aviable characters.

Plus I want a Gerrard vs Umewaza duel while Rayne and Jaya ballard are trading spells
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.