[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want this system to be better. Are there any systematic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Powered-by-Fate-Final-Light-BG.png (9KB, 386x151px) Image search: [Google]
Powered-by-Fate-Final-Light-BG.png
9KB, 386x151px
I really want this system to be better. Are there any systematic rules rewrites or alternatives that use a similar *style* (focusing on Aspects) without being a freeform fagfest?
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 449x594px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 449x594px
>>48644535
When I just take the good concept of aspects just to play it to a simple straightforward system that has more crunch like Ghosterbuster, Savage worlds or even yes the new Dungeons & Dragons?
>>
>>48644535
It's not really supposed to be fed "vanilla" to players, anyway, but for the sake of discussion--

what parts of it would you enhance/strip?
>>
Didnt feel like making a new thread when this one is here. Anyone have like a consolidated "this is how you play fate"? Theres so much fluff and bullshit in the core book that it makes the system harder for me to grasp.
>>
>>48644535
Risus
>>
Does anyone still play FUDGE these days?
>>
>>48646773
I compiled this PDF from a plebbit post because the "Cheat Sheet" doesn't really do it for me
>>
>>48644535

FATE'S biggest problem is that it has a very granular health system when the rest of it is floaty narrative mechanics.

I've pitched this before but: I think it'd be better if FATE had it so core character aspects first had to be "hurt" for you to actually harm someone. Like if an enemy had the aspect "strong as an ox" you'd need to subvert or overcome that strength in some way. Then once that aspect was "hurt" you could start to harm a characters other aspects until you could attack their core aspect which would render them helpless.
>>
>>48644535

>Too airy-fairy to easily teach players, so fails as an introductory game for new players
>Too much Mother-May-I and lack of tactical elements to appeal to experienced gamers

Who is this shitty game supposed to actually appeal to?
>>
File: DecodeDiaspora.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
DecodeDiaspora.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48644535
Here's muh hard scifi homebrew (based off Diaspora) in which I tone down the powerlevel a bit.

I don't really know if it addresses your problem since I don't know what it is "freeform fagfest" is pretty vague

>>48647657
Neither new players nor players who want tactical games, obviously
>>
>>48646930
Aren't there some rule variants that do exactly that? That one mecha setting (Camelot Trigger) had "systems" that get shut down as you take damage, and some abilities for restarting damaged ones. Though that might have been stunts.
>>
>>48646879
thanks senpai
>>
>>48647752
>Neither new players nor players who want tactical games, obviously

So failed writers, actor-wannabes, and hipsters?
>>
>>48648115
Anyone you don't like, sure

>>48648109
It shows how much smaller the book could be
>>
>>48648115
>So failed writers, actor-wannabes, and hipsters?

Hey, you might as well include Jews, black people, and SJWs with that kind of argument.
>>
>>48648222

Jews obviously have better things to do, like stomp out Palestine.

Niggers are too busy nigging.

SJWs, maybe, but that's just because most of them are failed liberal arts majors and so there'd be a lot of overlap with failed writers, actor-wannabes, and hipsters.
>>
>>48648239
>>48648115

It's a good thing all these subhumans are rules narrativist cultists and won't be intruding on our real games, right anon?
>>
>>48646930
>damaging aspects
Sounds like PDQ# as seen in Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies. You have Fortes (like aspects) rated +2/+4/+6 that add to relevant dice roles. When you take damage you reduce a Forte by a level, down to +0 and eventually Zeroed out, when it no longer functions as a Forte at all.
>>
>>48647657

Please anon.

Enlighten us with your superior game which we should be playing right this moment that would clearly have no mother-may-i bullshit.
>>
>>48648052
Houses of the Blooded, while a heavy varient on the FATE system treated injury a bit like that.
Injuries were aspects, valued at 1-5 (the value changed how many dice you added, it's a heavy varient). With 5 being permanent injuries that could alone heal down into a regular, but pure negative, aspect.

Fun thing was that insults could be treated the same way.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.