[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any game have worse stories, lore, and characters than MTG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: feat_wk24_01.jpg (107KB, 620x291px) Image search: [Google]
feat_wk24_01.jpg
107KB, 620x291px
Does any game have worse stories, lore, and characters than MTG?

Everything feels focus-tested to death, like there's no creativity.

They even literally hired a consultant to write their newest character, since she's black and they didn't want to be "offensive."
>>
Only applies for the new lore.
>>
Stories and lore? Absolutely.

Characters? Maybe a couple, but MtG is pretty shit on that front with a few shining exceptions that get hilariously ignored the moment people start to like them.

The trouble lies in execution most of the time. MtG is an exercise in astoundingly horrific execution.
>>
This falls in line with Wizards of the Coast's inclusion of pro-fag, pro- tranny language in the DnD 5e PHB

Gaming is overrun by SJWs. The day WotC becomes enough of a pit of degeneracy to be attacked by ISIS will be the happiest day of my life. I hope Mearls and Rosewater get incurable terminal ass cancer on the same fucking day, as repayment in kind for the cancer they have spread throughout the gaming world.
>>
>>48641900
Appeasement =/= In-favour

They're trying to prevent having the company name dragged through the muhsoggy mud.
>>
>>48641974
How? By doing that themselves?
>>
>>48641900
>They include people that offend me, and I find that offensive!

>>48641974
>No, see, they're just being CENSORED by the evil subhumans and their evil facts and opinions! They secretly agree with our hate, just like everyone!

I disagree.
>>
>>48641260
this. In the old days they would kill off every main character and didn't give a fuck
>>
File: Evil Returns.jpg (166KB, 1600x796px) Image search: [Google]
Evil Returns.jpg
166KB, 1600x796px
>>48641900
The important thing is, you found a new front to fight your culture war on.
>>
>>48642778

Quote an arc.

Magic lore is finite, you have no excuse to not mention an arc.
>>
>>48642854
Weatherlight.
Brother's War
Invasion
>>
>>48642854
The Whole Weatherlight Saga. Urza dies. Gerard dies. His girlfriend dies. Her dad dies. Almost all of Dominaria dies. Karn survives, but we all know what happens to him on Mirrodin.

Honestly, the older lore (while hyper traditional as fuck sometimes) was a great deal more deal more interesting.
>>
>>48642854
Literally every set prior to Mirrodin. Characters back then were seen as a means to an end, not the end themselves.
>>
>>48641900

Or maybe they included it because it isn't a big deal.

It's literally one paragraph and the issue is dropped, and is never actually brought up again in the rest of the book or any subsequent books.

It's basically saying "Play whatever you want, no one cares."

I guess they're wrong because you seem to care, and the rest of us just kind of forgot about it, because you never need to reference that paragraph for any reason during a game.
>>
getting a writer on board specifically to get a black perspective for a character in a fantasy setting is pointless the character may be have black features but they don't have anything else in common she is not culturally African she's not the descendant of slaves. culturally (and that is really all that matters) she has almost nothing in common with African Americans from earth.
>>
>>48642854
There was literally a set where every MC dies except for one and he ends up being scarred for life.
>>
No, but tg is bad at everything Magic, including the story, so whatever. At least they're in the minority
>>
>>48642854
Quote an arc.

>Prerevisionist comics (I never forget Rhuell)
>Brother's war.
>All weatherlight saga.
>>
>>48642854
>He's never read any magic books.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.