[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The character in this image kills 'ghosts' for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 32

File: c4rd4r7_KOpRH2iYzm.jpg (315KB, 750x901px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_KOpRH2iYzm.jpg
315KB, 750x901px
>The character in this image kills 'ghosts' for a living.

What did WotC mean by this?
>>
It means she has limited utility and is literally a check-box committee character they'll only whip out at very specific, choreographed times.
>>
It means she's paid to kill ghosts?

Evidently, being a ghost hunter is a real profession in some planes.
>>
They mean get bent, fagballs!
>>
>>48622879

This.
>>
it means she's a spook
>>
>>48622838
It means that you call her when there's something strange in your neighborhood.
>>
WE
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 223x310px
>>48622838
she can do this.
>>
>>48622838
OP, is your disdain for this character a race thang or a lady thang?
>>
>>48624539
what if it ain't no thang?
>>
http://wizardsmagic.tumblr.com/post/148459722916/if-you-read-yesterdays-magic-story-laid-to-rest

LOL
>>
>>48622838
How the hell do you kill a ghost?
If you can answer that, I guess that's what she does. The closest thing I can think of would probably be banishing them to the afterlife/whatever.
>>
>>48622838
You know what is sad?

That you use /asp/ bread and butter to create a thread, with no substance or originality. You could substitute the picture with Undertaker or Rock and I would feel right at home.
>>
>>48622879
someone introduce this girl to Konda, i think he might have a plan for her
>>
>>48624577
Jesus fucking christ.

>Here's why we made a black woman character.
>But now you can't get mad if we offend you, because of reasons!
>>
>>48624628
if that's what you took away from that I think you're really trying to be angry here. I mean, hiring a racial cliche avoidance consultant sounds fucking crazy, but the message is clearly "hey look, we're trying to be both sensitive and engaging, please like us"
>>
>>48624577
That's hilarious. And it guess it gives a little more insight into why she looks like some random chick from san fran with magic knives just kind of slapped there
>>
Just because she's a black woman doesn't mean she has to be anything like real black women. Do you think Jace and Gideon are similar to you?
>>
>>48624577
>It's a post about another post where people sperg out about other people sperging out and someone was actually called in to consult about black females in a story
To be honest, if I could consult anyone about how a character that shares traits with them would act without looking like a pissant, I'd do it on a regular basis, because I want to write characters correctly and it's always cool to learn about how an airplane pilot or a general actually thinks about stuff.
>>
>>48624176
severely underrated.
>>
File: ITSTAPE.jpg (31KB, 312x377px) Image search: [Google]
ITSTAPE.jpg
31KB, 312x377px
another nigger ghostbuster

just what we need
>>
>>48624815
The difference is an occupation vs skin color.
>>
>>48623715
It means she kills spooks.
>>
File: Murder.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Murder.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>48624611
Usually you can just Murder them.
>>
>>48624908
Well, I mean, if I wanted to write a story about a male character that was attractive to women, I'd look like a desperate asshole if I asked women, "Hey, what kind of dudes do you like?".
'I have a book I'm writing' can be the preface to some creepy-ass questions.
Like, trying to write a story about the suffering of child sex slaves could put you on a government watch list.
>>
File: 1429772769040.jpg (34KB, 374x363px) Image search: [Google]
1429772769040.jpg
34KB, 374x363px
>>48625012

I love how the subtext to the dev post is they're so white, privileged and utterly sheltered they simply don't know how black women operate.

As you said, they're literally doing the equivalent of "hey what do women like?"
>>
>>48625064
>I love how the subtext to the dev post is they're so white, privileged and utterly sheltered they simply don't know how black women operate.

Not even a black woman, just a woman that happens to be black.

They simply can't fathom how that kind of creature would operate.
>>
File: I+AM+SMILING[1].jpg (113KB, 900x635px) Image search: [Google]
I+AM+SMILING[1].jpg
113KB, 900x635px
>>48624176
>>
What's really dumb is that they're using a real world example for this character in a setting that doesn't have any appropriate history. There's no cultural background for a sassy african-american expy because there's no africa and none of the historical events that helped shape the sassy black lady cultural norm.
>>
>>48622838
Isn't that supposed to be a med-fan setting?
She looks way modern.
>>
>>48622838
MTGS is so neutered by it's SJW mods that all it took was someone saying she was underdesigned to get her reveal thread locked.
>>
>>48625277

>Shut up about Innistrad having black people, this isn't the real world!
>We need to bring in a black woman consultant because we want this woman to act like a black woman!

Oh hey look! Wizards is clearly doing this for diversity and progressivism! Their previous defenses were obviously bullshit!
>>
>>48625283
The plane she is present on is basically Renaissance Italy.
>>
>>48625304
I don't care about her being black.
I care about her being based on modern IRL concepts instead of something that could actually fit in the setting.
>>
>>48625364

No no, I agree that her being black isn't a problem.

I'm simply highlighting the hypocrisy of the developers that have for *years* defended blackening up planes by saying it "shouldn't be based on the real world."

And yet they make a black woman and they explicitly state they were trying to keep her accurate to real-world American black women.
>>
>>48625364
>a planeswalker, a character inherently foreign doesn't fit in the setting she is presented in
>>
>>48622838
It means you're gonna have to call her.
>>
>>48624715
And the result was an underdesigned and bland as fuck person that looks like a real girl in winter clothing with some bad renfaire prop in her arms.
Look up real hitmen, headhunters and bounty hunters. People were flamboyant as fuck specially those from the late renaissance-baroque period that fit the cultural level of Innistrad/Fiora/Kaladesh/Ravnica most.

She's famous, she's known for her work, she's not exceedingly sublte, she can become immaterial, she's proud of what she does and she can planeswalk away if anything goes too sour.
Why does she look like she's trying to be as inoffensive as possible? That's not a character thing, that's a "we're afraid to be called out by real world whiney tumblr faggots things."

And what's worse is that tumblr will find a way to complain about it anyway.
>>
>>48625408
She also doesn't fit in any other setting shown. She only really fits in a modern IRL setting.
>>
>>48625408
We don't know if she's foreign, the have the extremely bad tradition of introducing planeswalkers in their home plane as if we'd stay here if we could move on to other fantasy words at will...
>>
I don't get why they can't just create cool people and cool heroes instead of always cool [color] heroes.
>>
>>48625446
some of your points are fair, and some of them I disagree with but my point is, WotC isn't trying to squelch any suggestion of insensitivity, they're desperate to appease any potential detractors. They aren't champions of the SJW cause, they're terrified of being the victims of PC outrage and are just showing their work in the hopes that an A for effort will avoid it in the event that someone is still offended (and yes, I agree, someone will be).

I agree that in some ways the result is worse for their efforts, but I think what they're trying to do isn't inherently flawed and may be improved by their efforts to resonate with part of their audience, what we've seen is a shallow view of the character that could go either way.
>>
>>48625527
The story did have her referring to "home" as if it were separate from her current world. also the last conspiracy walker, Dack, was not from Fiora either.
>>
>>48625446

>And the result was an underdesigned and bland as fuck person

desu I feel that's more of an overall trend in things as opposed to the fault of being racially sensitive.

I've been noticing a big move to make things more "realistic" and "down to earth" even in crazy fantasy settings
>>
It's both her profession and a clever play on words.
>>
>>48625584

desu I have no idea what this even means.
>>
>>48625584
Eh, give it 4, maybe 5 years. As soon as the fad of diversity (and probably capeshit too) ends, they'll get their filthy, money grubbing hands on the dick of the Next Big Thing.
>>
>>48625527

Actually, it's expressly mentioned in her story that she's not from the plane she's currently in.

It's why she's ticked off at the royalty in this place. Back home they have much less shitty royalty and wouldn't put up with this pissant.
>>
why are all of you so racist?
>>
File: PW_Kaya_Regicide_Image_Gallery.jpg (163KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
PW_Kaya_Regicide_Image_Gallery.jpg
163KB, 1200x675px
>>48622838
Are you aware eternal masters had a sub plot sir?

Literally kills ghosts.
>>
>>48622838
wtf I hate WOTC now
>>
>>48625644
I don't think it's a matter of being realistic, but of being relatable, at least in some respect. part of the reason WotC has stated for the overhaul to what a planeswalker is was because it's difficult to get invested in a story about nearly omnipotent god-beings, there's just nothing to draw personal connections to. They may be playing it too safe with some decisions, this is still supposed to be fantasy, but it makes sense from the perspective of a busibess, and of trying to get personal investment from an audience.
>>
>>48625716
In this context, "realistic" is how they are defining relatable.

Also the only one I ever heard about that was doing insane shit was Urza, were the other ones reconstructing their forms facing the other way because it was easier than turning around?

And the Greeks drew plenty of personal connections to their gods (and that's not getting into all the other pantheons of the world) so I don't buy this whole "superpower people are unrelatable" bullshit. That may be how they are justifying it but it's a dumb as hell call.
>>
>>48625950
it's a little dumb, yeah, but in some ways it's true. the greek gods were flawed and petty, and had relatively small scope of influence. oldwalkers had no reason to give a shit, and usually only gave a shit about personal obsessions. freyalise decided llanowar was the bestest place ever, she was trans elf, and is personally responsible for the zealotry that lead to the rule in old llanowar elves' flavor text. also she wore an eyepatch despite having no real corporeal form capable of sustaining pemanent injury.

leshrack spent most of his time as a screaming fire demon. he gave lim-dul ram horbs as a joke, making his skull so heavy it strained his neck, then he gave him more neck muscles to support his stupid goat horns, because leshrack was a bored asshole.

tecash zat was a dragonkin before sarkhan even existed in the timeline that doesn't exist anymore. when he wasn't transformed into an actual dragon, he still looked like some creepy version if a dragonborn, before they existed either.

commodore guff had a book that contained the full accounting of all of history, past and present, and literally retconned destiny.

good or bad, it has to be admitted that oldwalkers were fucking crazy assholes.
>>
File: 1456810398169.gif (671KB, 273x322px) Image search: [Google]
1456810398169.gif
671KB, 273x322px
>>48623715
>>48624924
>>
>>48626104
> usually only gave a shit about personal obsessions

Sounds pretty human to me

I'm not too worked up about the 'walker change cuz it probably wound up being a lot easier for writers to make stories cuz art is weird and shit but it's just sooo laaaaaaame
>>
>>48626196
>Sounds pretty human to me
not when it's to the exclusion of everything else. everything including entire worlds, species, physics. "I really like the woods, and will commit to defendin them with all my power" is human. "I really like the woods so I will cultivate a culture over generations that each live hundreds of years set on murdering any outsider without exclusion" is insane.
>>
>>48622838
>>48624577
I reserve my judgement on Kaya until we have further info on her background and we get a couple more stories at least.

It's all too easy to have a character ruined in the hands of a shoddy writer and Kelly's is frankly quite deficient. For all you know next week Ken Troop could handle her and suddenly she really IS pretty awesome.
>>
>>48626260

Well I'm certain it seemed perfectly reasonable at the time.

I'd also like to believe that the stories involving these characters didn't meta-analyze the insanity of the planeswalkers and focused on them being people who act in ways that make sense to them.
>>
>>48626602
Still, I must say that the whole 'rogue' and 'assassin' thing where horribly done. I get the point is that she's 'an assassin of the dead', but since when is killing the dead assassination or even illegal on the first place?, as Kaya herself said, she's an exorcist at most, what brings her closer to a priestess than a rogue.

From there her character just falls appart. Its easy to see the reason why she isn't depicted as a priestess is that she isn't a religious person herself, but that does not justify her being a rogue, not without doing proper rogue things like thieving and actually assassinating. Specially since she seems so squeamish about the later. If anything yesterday's story cemented her character as lawful, which is exactly the opposite to what a rogue is meant to be.

Then there's the whole duelist thing. But if there's something remotely rogue-like about Kaya that's her combat style, which is pretty damn different from how a duelist fights. Her weapons clearly aren't that of a duelist either.

But the worst so far is the whole royal thing. Simply because it doesn't show. Like at all. Which means there's little to no point about it. Having her be of royal blood without showing any sign of her privileged upbringing just convolutes her story and makes her being a rogue even less believable.

Overall it feels like she has too much going on, and that she was created by people that couldn't make their minds about who the character was supposed to be and just threw a bunch of character traits and a mix of backgrounds to pass them as those of a complex character to disguise their total lack of creativity.

As a black woman I also feel that they even need a consultant insulting. Is it so hard to grasp that, before everything else, we are people?, Doubly so in a magical universe where our cultural backgrounds aren't applicable. Do they think she HAS to act black for us to relate?
>>
>>48626724
>since when is killing the dead assassination or even illegal
Since ghosts existed and started doing shit? If this is a planeswalker we're talking about, think of Ravnica, where ghosts run a major organization.
>>
>>48626800
Fair enough, I get how killing some ghosts like the Obzedat or Brago could be considered assassination since tey are actually valuable members of society (though the former are more of a leech), but what about wrathful ghosts like yesterday's?, Who could truly claim slaying one of those is worse than killing any given beast?

Which also brings the question of why is she above killing people but not good ghosts?, Specially when good spirits tend to be the best of people.

She's very self-righteous for someone who'd prolly wouldn't think twice about killing Saint Traft.
>>
>>48627292

>Which also brings the question of why is she above killing people but not good ghosts?

Inb4 ghosts enslaved her ancestors and she wants reparations
>>
>>48627477
So what you're proposing is that she's definitely from Ravnica.
>>
File: 1461873916064.jpg (11KB, 257x250px) Image search: [Google]
1461873916064.jpg
11KB, 257x250px
Who gives a shit if she's black or not? Or a woman for that matter? I'm as much of a druggo neonazi as the next guy on here but I get the feeling some people are much more eager to find flaws in a character if the character happens to be coloured, just so they can point their finger at the SJW shoehorning boogeyman
>>
>>48627549

Look at her bland urban wear clothing.

She looks like she could have been taken out of a photo of New York in the past decade.

OF COURSE she's from Ravnica.

That's the most recognizable special snowflake setting WotC has.
>>
>>48627591

Her outfit looks like 'Most rogue outfits all the way back to TSR'.
>>
>>48625446
>>48625595
Why are real world cliches and racial stereotypes even relevant in a fantasy world....like just make a character how u want. I don't remember them caring when they made all the asian characters in Kamigawa block.
>>
>>48627749

That was back when you only got attacked by your actual fanbase.

Nowadays WotC is afraid of extortionists who don't even play their games, hence preemptively paying protection racket bux to a SJW black womyn so they can virtue signal and not get attacked.
>>
It's weird.

Back in the day, we could just say the joke and move on.

She kills ghosts. Ghosts are white. She kills white people, ha ha, how racist, how silly. Then we could move on.

Now, we have to drag all this weird agenda oriented business around us, and any chance for humor is devoured and shat out.
>>
>>48628742
Too jaded for jokes at this point. I want SJWs out of the things that interest me
>>
>>48628845

The problem is that magic is too popular now, I think. As organizations get bigger and bigger they have to appeal to broader and broader user bases - now, that base is the SJW/diversity/twitter activist base. They never had a problem creating black characters before - I liked Koth of the Hammer and Teferi, even Sisay (not a walker) was fine. But WotC needs more shekels. I don't really blame them, all companies want more money and to grow, but it really dumbs down the game over time. I don't really see how people who have played the game for a while don't see it too - the art is much more bland than it used to be, gameplay is less unique, and the themes are dull at best. Kaya is only the latest manifestation of the dumbing down of the game (not to say lore/characters have always been great, but the recent walkers have really been terrible).

I don't really buy magic product anymore - I play legacy and modern and pretty much nothing else. I kind of liked Return to Ravnica but feel like everything after Lorwyn has brought down the creativity of the game, not increased it. I could care less about the race wars/sjw/black lives matter-sphere, but you're kidding yourself if you think that this Kaya thing isn't anything but an attempt to appeal to a new player base. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have blown their own horn so loudly about "Hire a consultant and pay them!"

I used to read all the Magic books - I have a huge box of them still sitting at home, everything from the Brothers War Cycle through Kamigawa. They were kitschy and trite but fun as a kid and young adult. The writing now is god-awful, especially from Digges. If the art and worlds made it for it I wouldn't really care, but bland story and setting after bland story and setting has me looking for new games.
>>
>>48624577
I don't really have any issue with Kaya, save for her design, and her "laid to rest" story was fine. That said, whole thing reeks of "playing it too safe", and we already have seen how bad everything turns in Magic the Origins when you play it too safe with your characterization.

It's great and all that they have consultants for making this character, but why write a whole article justifying it and trying to bring attention to it? It's not even a general "we use consultants in our work" type of blog entry either, it's simply "look how progressive we are." It's meaningless and serves nothing to advance the game's narrative, save for rattling closet racists for no reason. Then again, WOTC seem to be very interested in copying the comic book industry as much as they can.

Sorry for my drunken rabble.
>>
>>48628742
All the cool lads left the chan long ago.
>>
File: Laughing Dalai Lama.jpg (25KB, 396x600px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Dalai Lama.jpg
25KB, 396x600px
>>48624176
I like the cut of your jib.
>>
Here's my personal take on the whole situation.

>story didn't seem to indicate she was black, or a woman aside from saying "she" instead of "he"
>Kaya looks a little underdesigned, but only compared to the other planeswalkers, and I've felt for ages that they look overdesigned; if anything, she dresses practically, and the flourish the others have is excessive
>the article was meant to portray more that they were trying to avoid snafus than "hey look we have a black woman telling us how to write a black woman"; it's fair to assume there's certain things to avoid in their stories, and having a consultant who already deals with the subject was able to help them write without worrying so much
>>
>>48625639
Dack is a fioran though, right?

Also before someone ask why not-afircans are in not- Renaissance Italy, search up Moors.
>>
>>48630031
So it was them going "hey look at this black woman in our ip who totally isn't an example of 'hey look at this black woman ip'"
>>
>>48630188

Yes.

Add to this:

>Bruce Jenner planeswalker

>Khans characters who are literally a transsexual and autistics.
>>
>>48627591
>ghost quarter on ravnica is a thing
>shes a former noble
>her spooky energy doesnt match ravnican spooky energy colors
No shes gunna be from a new plane, ravnica had a senate and is a pro ghost plane. Its supposed to be the new york plane of magic where anything goes and all are welcome somewhere for the right price, not the racism factory. Ghosts on ravnica are bound to serve the living so when she goes there and joins the jacetice league she'll be cool with them for the most part.
>>
>>48630315

It's a big multiverse. We're going to run into one or two of those from time to time.
>>
>>48625304
Innistrad had black humans?
I thought they we're all werewolves and vampires, because WOTC clearly thought that wouldn't have unfortunate side effects.
>>
>>48630516

I demand an obese hispanic planeswalker, then.
>>
>>48626104
Wait, so Freyalise was the MTG equivalent of some jackass that wears glasses without lenses just to look hip? That's hilarious.
>>
>>48630630

It's a big multiverse. We'll probably run into someone very much like that eventually.
>>
>>48630728

>hispanic

>Spain

>????????????
>>
>>48630755

We've got not-italy, not-greece, not-asia, not-...serbia, I think?, not-germany, why the fuck wouldn't we have not-spain eventually?
>>
>>48625125
Or they've already experienced the insanity of PC culture (see Garruk) and just don't want to have to deal with that bullshit again, so they hired a black woman so the SJW retards won't shriek at their social media accounts.
>>
>>48630726
Alot of Planeswalkers are like that, anon. Almost all of them were petty assholes with god-like powers and too much free time on top of that.
>>
>>48625283
I'm more curious why the sheathes are on her arms like that. Her daggers could only be drawn in the most awkward way.
>>
>>48630630
I'm married to an obese hispanic woman who admittedly doesn't walk between planes or walk much period and I'm not sure you want this, for the simple reason that fat ladies are insecure and sad as fuck generally.

Picture the Single Office Lady series. Now give her magic powers. Do you want to be depressed?
>>
File: Justice For Harambe.jpg (24KB, 615x206px) Image search: [Google]
Justice For Harambe.jpg
24KB, 615x206px
>>48630846

And black women aren't insecure as fuck?
>>
File: 1450230784951.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450230784951.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
Does anybody else care that Kaya's power set is Danny Phantom, minus flight? Are we going to find out that her parents are ghosthunters too? Did her spark ignited when an experimental portal device malfunctioned with her inside it?
>>
>>48630622
Whites are a majority on Innistrad but there is a not insignificant population of black people. Maybe they come from some spooky island or something. It gets more noticeable with SOI and EMN. Hell, the black Thalia's lancer even has a big dumb afro too
>>
File: 1460012523900.png (251KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
1460012523900.png
251KB, 945x945px
>>48624577
>>48629143
>>48630031

My issue is:
>They could have kept this private, this is blatant pandering to the max
>They put so much time and effort into this, but not into MTGO or the high school level writing of Uncharted Realms.

I don't give a fuck about a (add tumblr BS) plainswalker, in matter of fact their is a Black girl at my LGS that is super happy about this (good for her) my issues is the one sided SJW PC bullshit. You want to put """diverse""" characters, ok. But you still need to keep my scantly clad busty white women. That's real equality.
>>
>>48631598

I know the dress technically covers all of her, but doesn't Liliana kinda fit that?
>>
>>48631598
>(good for her)

You don't need to virtue signal here.

The PC feminism police aren't going to try and dox you for saying something like you appreciating big-titted white women.
>>
>>48625387
Because American culture is fucking insane.
>>
>>48630131
Didn't he come from that backwards ass plane who got fucked by the vampire bitch? Or something like that
>>
File: 1457189149460.jpg (222KB, 394x463px) Image search: [Google]
1457189149460.jpg
222KB, 394x463px
I think you guys talking about how unfeasible the older 'walkers were are also forgetting another key aspect of them: they existed to launch plot points as opposed to just participating in them.

Look at the Mirage block, the conflict of which was created when three very powerful mortal mages stumbled upon Teferi's temporal experiments in Jamuraa (recall for a moment that Magic already had a setting full of darkies and we liked it and took it in stride because it was just the flavor, not fucking pandering). To my recollection, Teferi never gets a proper appearance in that plotline. He was just there to launch it and we were meant to see what happens when mortals start trying to investigate the playthings of the gods.

Of course, the biggest problem with neowalkers isn't that the original 'walkers were this masterpiece (they were entertaining, that was about it), the problem is that ever since these flatly-written fuckwits have hit the scene every plot has fallen into the same formula and none of these dumb cunts develop in any meaningful way as a consequence.
>>
>>48632060

It can also really detract from the progression of what's going on on the plane.

I know that Nahiri and Sorin's beef is pretty vital to what happens in Shadows over Innistrad and the Gatewatch are instrumental to there still BEING an Innistrad afterward, but it annoyed me that there were like two stories about Thalia and the sane humans of Innistrad rallying together to protect their home and four or more about Jace tripping over things trying to figure out what the fuck is going on and clarifying where he stands with Liliana.
>>
File: 1460865453804.jpg (250KB, 1000x1483px) Image search: [Google]
1460865453804.jpg
250KB, 1000x1483px
>>48632130
What ginded my gears is the conclusion or lack of one. I want to know what happened to Thalia, Odric, and the Church.
>>
>>48632271
Odric was handled pretty badly, honestly. Hell, his female officer got more screentime than he did. And what does he do when the time comes to redeem himself and help save his home? He stays brooding on the headquarters of the order. I get that they were going for a girl power set or something but jesus. I liked odric.
>>
>>48632504

That was pretty damn weaksauce, considering what we've seen of Odric. The man never struck me as a quitter.
>>
>>48622879
>>48622838
>>48624176
Bustin makes her feel good
>>
WHO YA GUN CALL, LITTLE GUY?
>>
>>48631598
The issue really is that she's black first and character second, and is written to be as least offensively as possible (It's not like we didn't have fan-favourite and well-written black characters before): which is boring as fuck, but this seems to be a direction WOTC is taking with all their characters. Magic the Origin retcons for all the characters was disgusting, there was ZERO reason for rewritting Chandra's backstory for what happens after she leaves the city.
>>
File: tucker chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tucker chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>48627477
>>48627549
>>
>>48626196
This is the thing modern writers don't seem to understand.
We don't relate to characters because they're fat like us, or ugly like us, or clumsy like us, or any of the meaningless tiny flaws that just nag at us and actually corrode at our self esteem.
But real fucking flaws? That shit that actually defines your fucking life? Now we're talking.
Obsessions, manias, phobias, philias, those are real character traits.

Clumsy? Bossy? Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>48626602
In my opinion the story was perfectly fine but the image is severely lacking.
They picked a girl from the street to avoid criticism.
She doesn't even have a recognizable silhouette and may be the only walker so far who doesn't.

And it's not because of "her job". She's famous for what she does. Look up famous bounty hunters or hitmen, goofy and flamboyant as fuck.

But no, being a person instead of a safe blob of browns would be offensive to someone and we can't have that nowadays.
>>
>>48626724
It's almost like she's carefully designed as a power fantasy for blacks, both the kind that like to believe themselves underdogs and the we wuz khangs crowd.

I'm mongolian and I actually found it stupidly endearing that Sarkhan was so into dragon dildos. It's fun to see a character that kinda looks like me and isn't all rape&pillage or eagles&horses. Speaking with a friend from Bangladesh he joked he'd actually be more offended if in Kaladesh all brown people are poor harmless victims or good guys while everyone negative is white, than if they made poo in the loo references. Because it's infantilizing and implies they're all weak, useless people who don't have enough agency to either deffend themselves or do wrong leaving all the power to a high-caste little girl designated by destiny and her white friends from another planet.

Then again I got banned from a website for saying the Roma don't recognize themselves as gypsies and therefore the term "getting gypped" doesn't offend them no matter how much tumblr sjws want to push their moral panic bullshit. Rich white girls just cannot stop trying to mind control us and speak for us like we're fucking sock puppets.
>>
>>48628845
Despite all it's good uses to business and family relationships, I want social media gone. It has done way more harm than good and the only reason to take away power from these hysteric lunatics is removing social media.

They only get like they want because social media gives every idiot a megaphone instead of culling the stupid opinions before broadcast like we did when internet was hard and most lazy faggots would give up rather than whine and whine and whine.
>>
>>48629143
They're literally Marvel nowadays.
I don't want to know what woes await us two years from now when the rest of the world has moved on and we're assaulted by the crap they're working at right now.
>>
>>48632800
They really ruined everyone
>Gideon is no longer a repentant conqueror trying to atone for the pain he caused
>Jace is no longer deeply thraumatized for killing his beloved sempai with his mind powers
>Liliana actually good deep down inside anymore, she didn't love her brother she wanted to show up some nameless bitch with her powers
>Chandra is no longer a tragic accident, now she's girl powah vs the evil patriarchy
>Nissa went from elf Hitler to "oh". Like they literally had no choices between elvish supremacy and no character at all.
>>
>>48626724
That's what is so retarded about this hire a consultant thing so we can get diversity right. Who on the face of this planet has the right to dictate to others the way a group of people should be portrayed? Who speaks for all black people? Any black person? Does that mean any white person speaks for all whites? I think not. The answer is no one. And it's an extra big fuck off when they aren't even doing that, they're demanding that individual members of the group not be portrayed a certain way, because it could reflect poorly on the whole. Which is ass fucking backwards. If race, and gender and sexuality are all social constructs that don't define who you are - stop fucking emphasizing them to such an insane degree.

This is the year of the group mind. No one will ever talk about an instance of a thing, because they are too focused on the groups they are in/want to be a part of. If you try to talk with someone about an issue I guarantee that within 4 sentences the conversation will be about a group of people instead of that individual thing you were talking about a second ago. This identity politics crap perverts any attempts at genuine discourse, detracts from the valid concerns voiced by others, and divides everyone involved - sometimes to the point of literal segregation (see college safe spaces).

I'm so tired of it all. End fucking rant.
>>
>>48622838
'Bustin makes her feel good.
>>
>>48630516
>>48630846
I want an attack helicopter planeswalker. And xe better be able to use any bather xer feels like.
>>
>>48633746
any bathroom
>>
>>48633746
I suppose if Karn the Golem can have planeswalker sparks shoved in him there's no reason an intelligent Thopter couldn't, too.
>>
>>48633782
Mental ableism is still ableism.
Mindless thopter-walker that identifies as an attack thopter and uses every bathroom when?
>>
>>48633782
Well good. Next I want a transgender transblack islamic polyqueer demimind dysphoric nusoul pandatigerkin amputee planeswalker with twitter ptsd, ze/ze/zem pronouns and a smash the patriarchy tee shirt in a non oppressive color.

Make it happen wizards. This is the future and you're oppressing me because this isn't a thing yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 397x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 397x367px
>>48624577
It's like they are writing an appology in advance of a genocide. I find it amusing how they use the word "strong" in a negative context.
>>
The fucking non-issues you fat fucking MtG manbabies complain about, I swear.
>>
>>48631593
Oh well, at least black werewolf guy is back, even if his team of grizzeled outcast aren't.
>>
>>48635752
I don't play Magic, but I get a lot of laughs from all the butthurt in these threads.

I'm sure there's a joke about cultural appropriation somewhere.
>>
>>48633692
>That's what is so retarded about this hire a consultant thing so we can get diversity right. Who on the face of this planet has the right to dictate to others the way a group of people should be portrayed? Who speaks for all black people? Any black person? Does that mean any white person speaks for all whites? I think not. The answer is no one. And it's an extra big fuck off when they aren't even doing that, they're demanding that individual members of the group not be portrayed a certain way, because it could reflect poorly on the whole. Which is ass fucking backwards. If race, and gender and sexuality are all social constructs that don't define who you are - stop fucking emphasizing them to such an insane degree.
>This is the year of the group mind. No one will ever talk about an instance of a thing, because they are too focused on the groups they are in/want to be a part of. If you try to talk with someone about an issue I guarantee that within 4 sentences the conversation will be about a group of people instead of that individual thing you were talking about a second ago. This identity politics crap perverts any attempts at genuine discourse, detracts from the valid concerns voiced by others, and divides everyone involved - sometimes to the point of literal segregation (see college safe spaces).

Well said. Political correctness and diversity-talk is a form of NewSpeak that lobotomizes everyone.
>>
>>48636949
You're literally using his words in order to attack the agenda of a group that you dislike.
>>
>>48622838
Is she replacing Jace? If not I dont care.
>>
File: 1438993279045.jpg (34KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1438993279045.jpg
34KB, 292x257px
>>48624577
>tl;dr: We're absolutely terrified of offending anyone at all and we'd like to get down on our knees and apologise in advance to anyone who doesn't like this specific black character.
>>
File: ghostbusters-full-new-img.jpg (1MB, 1693x1074px) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters-full-new-img.jpg
1MB, 1693x1074px
>>48622838
See, I was tempted to say pic related, but that kills spirit, not a ghost.
>>
Why has every planeswalker since M15 been boring?
>>
>>48637978
You can't have fun while trying to be as inoffensive as possible
>>
>>48622838
She's a Ghost Face Killa
>>
>>48633088
>Obsessions, manias, phobias, philias, those are real character traits.

The Fatal Flaw was a staple of storytelling for hundreds of years and it's baffling how people still act like the concept of giving your character one or two serious problems is novel.

That's all you have to do, really! Just give your character one or two things that, if you push them hard enough with it, will KILL them. Lancelot's love for Gwynevere, Dracula's helplessness in daylight, Hamlet's inability to commit to either killing his father's murderer or moving on, all of them defined characters we still analyze today.

Are people going to give a shit about some bog-standard black woman who's worst quality is "I'm kind of quirky?" God no.
>>
>>48638440
What was Koth's flaw?
>>
>>48624577
This is the most pathetic and strange thing I will read this year.
>>
File: 1404217749246.jpg (38KB, 467x359px) Image search: [Google]
1404217749246.jpg
38KB, 467x359px
>>48622838
>>48624577
>They actually hired a "'Black People Consultant'' to write this ape
>>
>>48635752
It's only an issue because WOTC made it an issue, if WOTC didn't rattle a shakey boat then everyone would just go back to bitching about how Kaya lacks character, just like Jacetice League.
>>
>>48638440

Dracula wasn't helpless in daylight.

If anything, his flaw was his love of victorian sluts.
>>
>>48639754
>If anything, his flaw was his love of victorian sluts.

Both the women he nommed on were virgins though.
>>
>>48638440

She's a racist. That's a pretty big flaw.

...Statist? Ghostist? She hates spirits, a group have have shown to be a collection of Naughty and Nice rather than just evil.
>>
>>48622838
>spook killer
>They hired a consultant and still named her so that an easy euphemism can be full crank racism
It's like they're doing it on purpose.
>>48639141
He really needs help and doesn't know how to ask for it.
If Elspeth wasn't a literal saint and Venser wasn't a heroic pushover, Karn would be the new Yawgmoth by now.
And they didn't even really win.
>>
>>48626724
>As a black woman I also feel that they even need a consultant insulting. Is it so hard to grasp that, before everything else, we are people?, Doubly so in a magical universe where our cultural backgrounds aren't applicable. Do they think she HAS to act black for us to relate?

Hey, check out the mindset of the people that actually support WotC in their post.

>This is a pretty good example of why there isn’t more representation in media. Cause that shit’s hard!

>If you don’t wanna just play to stereotypes and you don’t wanna offend the very people you’re trying to make feel good, you have to do an inordinate amount of work. This is why often, authors will shy away from making the more interesting (and therefore more potentially controversial) characters more inclusive, and will instead opt not to risk getting slaughtered and go for another straight white male.
>>
>>48639774

Not after he was done with them. Dracula demands there be more sluts!
>>
>>48639787

Black people are fundamentally incapable of being racist.
>>
What the next check box to be ticked off on their diversity checklist

NO GENDER - CHECK
LESBIANS - CHECK
BLM - CHECK
TRANS - CHECK
ASIAN - CHECK
AUTISTIC - CHECK
OLDER FEMALE - CHECK
INDIAN (dot) - CHECK
>>
>>48639801

Well, the is the double edged sword of

>We don't want to make them a stereotype.
>Everything we write is stereotypes.

White Holy Knight, Pyromanical Pyromancer...WOTC are not exactly busting creative barriers open with planeswalkers. Tamiyo is likely one of the most creative ones and she's 'Japanese Starfleet Nerd'
>>
>>48639852

Single mothers?
>>
>>48639852
Futa
>>
>>48639877
>>48639852

Single mother with a mixed baby!
>>
If you ignore all the fluff, magic is still the best game.
Unfortunately WOTC has a real bad habit of trying to shove it in your face.
>>
File: gotta have that funk.jpg (63KB, 305x388px) Image search: [Google]
gotta have that funk.jpg
63KB, 305x388px
>>48625446
Should have just based the character entirely on George Clinton.
>>
>>48639937
5color 'walker?
>>
File: check em oh.gif (2MB, 366x360px) Image search: [Google]
check em oh.gif
2MB, 366x360px
>>48639877
>>48639852
>>48639900
Married father with wives son.

also

>>48639900
>dub dubs
>>
>>48639800
Doesn't help that Koth's passion and loyalty for Mirrodin is so strong that he just won't let go, still fighting for his resistance.
>>
>>48622838
WE WUZ GHOSTBUSTA'N SHIEEEET
>>
>>48639814
This meme needs to end, black people hate everyone based on their ethnicity, and most of all hate each other based on their ethnicity.
>>
>>48624176
/thread
>>
>>48639955
5 colours, kills ghosts, gives up the funk.
>>
>>48639964
>Married father with wives son.

So which is it going to be, lads.

The married father with his wife's mixed son, or the single mother with her mixed child?

I'm guessing married father because that's a bigger Magic demographic than single moms.
>>
>>48640039
Transgender MtF father-that-is-now-a-mother of his divorced wife's son.
>>
>>48640039
So single mum and a father with wife's son that's not biologically his own. Alright, time to get revving.
>>
>>48640039
That's exactly why it's gonna be a single mom.
We don't matter, we're the idiots (aka the captive audience), they don't need to pander to us and according to SJW thinking it's exactly why we don't desserve any sort of pandering.
>>
>>48640082

What's the point in pandering to audiences that don't exist?
>>
>>48640082

Don't forget the single mom gives you the feminist audience because being a single mother is "powerful."

That's the word you'd use to describe single moms, right? Powerful?
>>
>>48640108
the same thing is happening in comics right now. Marvel is pandering HARD. But they arent following through. They think just by pandering people will come to the hobby. They arent and they look silly and fail. WOTC is the same.
>>
>>48640144

Honestly, a single mother planeswalker would be an interesting dynamic. As you've got someone who is VERY tied to a single plane and can't just leave if there is trouble as Planeswalkers can't take other people with them.

It's not like Jace completely blowing off his job as Guildpact.
>>
>>48624577
this consultant company's business plan is literally "That's a real nice [thing] you have there. It'd be a shame if someone called it racist."
>>
>>48640199
>a single mother planeswalker
So effectively, you leave your kid alone to go have an adventure. How empowering
>>
>>48640222

That's why you get married, so the husband can take care of your child.

Or maybe her plane has some sort of proud tradition of getting knocked up and pawning their children off to some sort of communal daycare, like it's a societal tradition.

Kind of like Amazons!
>>
>>48640222

Or more accurately, someone who can't leave for long stretches of time and has to balance other planes and family.

Right now, none of the planeswalkers have squat in the way of family/loved one they regularly interact with.
>>
>>48640199
Jace blowing off his job as Guildpact would be a very interesting twist, if they showed the consequences of it. Yet they're not even bringing it up and probably won't bring it up until the Ravnica set. The way they're handling Jace makes it seem like they've completely forgotten his pre-existing responsibilities.

For this reason, they wouldn't be able to do a single mother planeswalker properly. They'd quietly brush away her responsibilities to her child once they stop being relevant in order to write a safe, conventional story.
>>
File: 1420750829573.jpg (10KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1420750829573.jpg
10KB, 250x241px
>>48640255
>>48640199
>>48640269

>mfw a joke concept is actually more compelling than the current roster

Guys, stop! The single mom with a mixed child was a joke!
>>
I'll die waiting for that Tyrannosaurus red/green planeswalker from muraganda that some anon mentioned the other day. WOTC will always play it safe.
>>
>>48639740
No anon, it's simply not a real fucking issue, any more than only finding shit Pokemon on your scheduled Pokewalk is an issue.
>>
File: shopping.jpg (20KB, 285x399px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
20KB, 285x399px
>>48640269
Liliana is aware of it, even if Jace has forgotten.
>>
>>48640612
Right, as I said: it's only issue because WOTC made it into an issue. No one would care if not for WOTC writing an article right afterwards to justify something people did not initially care about.
>>
>>48640669
Its probably because he nutted inside of her and gave her amnesia when he said he would get her an abortion. Naturally she miscarried because of her use of black magic but what a surprise it mustve been.
>>
File: 112427_1.jpg (22KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
112427_1.jpg
22KB, 226x311px
>>48640144
>That's the word you'd use to describe single moms, right? Powerful?
Wait, what kind of power are we talking about?

So you're saying if I want to be a dimension hopping spellcaster, all I have to do is transition and adopt a kid? Why didn't anybody tell me this earlier.
>>
>>48640778

Maybe they wrote the article because otherwise people would just regard this new character as boring.
>>
>>48640916
Good thing the article doesn't touch on the fact that she's boring and she's still boring after the article came out. Just like the Jacetice League.

Instead it's an article justifying the fact that they used a black character and why, written as if response to critisizm of the community despite the fact that the community hasn't even said anything about her yet.
>>
>>48640108
Losing money.
I'm starting to believe they're scamming someone. Numbers show SJWs don't buy comics/vidja/cards and people who used to be fans have actually stopped buying stuff because of pandering and constant othering against nerds who feel bad about having their favourite characters/IPs changed for people who don't buy them.
>>
>>48640222
They leave it with grandma while they go slut it up at a bar and whine about how hard it is to be a single mom that leaves everything for their child when they can't pull off Chads with their stretch marks.

Bartender is the worst job.
>>
>>48640816
That would actually be the stupidest kind of alpha.
What the faggot actually did was accidentally beat Tezzeret by scrambling his brains and then cry like a bitch about it, erase his own memory and dissapear.
>>
>>48640916
The article is literally "we wrote a black woman please don't hurt us".
>>
>>48641119

Speak wisdom to them, anon. You are their only stable male figure.
>>
>>48640778
What kind of fucking sense does that make, that WotC cares about some shit their audience doesn't care about, so the audience starts caring that WotC cares?
>>
>>48641172
>>48641027

That's what I'm saying, they know she's boring so they try to churn the waters with false beliefs that this character is TOO REAL and ULTRA CONTROVERSIAL.

It's like Jared Leto in Suicide Squad; the movie was crap and Joker was in it for barely 6 minutes, but 90% of headlines or news on the flick was about how insane Jared was or how the Joker is "too real" in the movie.
>>
>>48641244
>Jared Joker was too real to be showed in the movie
Now that's real.
>>
>>48641240

It's the commercial equivalent of drawing a tomato and constantly poking your brother about how "he totally hates the tomato" or "the tomato had to have an herbalist brought in to discuss the ridges otherwise I might get the design wrong."

Nobody cares about the fucking tomato, it's a shitty drawing but you're trying to make people talk about the tomato by talking about the tomato yourself.
>>
>>48641289
Nigger I'm the one telling you to stop caring about the fucking tomato.
>>
>>48641557
Why do you hate tomatoes, Anon?
>>
>>48641619
I love tomatoes, but only homegrown tomatoes. Store bought tastes like water, carton, and suffering.
>>
>>48641641
Sounds pretty lycopersicoaphobic to me.
>>
>>48641641

And thus starts a discussion about tomatoes because the tomato vender screamed and screamed about how hard they worked to make their shitty water tomato, and even wrote a blog about their tomato saying how tough it was to make the tomato realistic.

Now you have tomato defenders where they would've thrown the tomato away arguing with people who are now irrationally angry at a poor tomato they would've otherwise ignored.

It's an absurd way to advertise the tomato, but will it work?
>>
>>48641746
But i fucking hate tomatoes
>>
>>48641715
Don't you try to play your mind games on me, my homegrown tomatoes are eaten fresher and riper than anything that can be bought in a store. Ain't no lycopersiconphobic people in living my house, we eat our tomatoes like honest people.
>>48641746
Shut up and either buy the tomato or don't, it's that fucking simple.
>>
>>48641641
#notalltomatoes
>>
>>48641746
I really don't like uncooked tomatoes. It's nothing personal and I'm not a lycopersicoaphobic like >>48641641 and >>48641775
>>
>>48624887
The fuck you say?
>>
>>48641875
Ernie Hudson is not a nigger. He is a respected black man.
>>
File: dumb.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>48641873
>I really don't like uncooked tomatoes
>I like cooked tomatoes
>>
>>48641746
We had good tomatoes in the past, which is it so difficult to make a good tomato nowdays?
>>
>>48641920
Cooked tomatoes are healthier for you, retard.
>>
>>48641920
Uncooked tomatoes are too flavourful and hijacks all the other flavours. I loathe them and I just want to watch them fry.
>>
>>48641951
Oh I see, you're one of those pophealth freaks who eats a bunch of shit you don't like just because a magazine told you it'll reduce wrinkles twenty years down the road.
>>
>>48624620
I'm... Not sure you read the Kamigawa story properly, friendo.
>>
>>48641965
>Uncooked
>More flavourful than cooked
Check out this memer.
>>
>>48624715
They mentioned they didn't want readers to go "ugh, not this again". Ironically, by publishing that article to pat themselves on the back the way Marvel does, it made me roll my eyes and go "ugh, not this again".
>>
>>48630812
I just assume she uses magic to unsheathe them. cos y'know. Magic.
>>
>>48641965
Maybe if you put them together with nothing but store-bought cucumber and lettuce.
>>
>>48625125
I've been shit posting all over an acquaintance over this, back then when they made Sisay and Teferi they just created a whole fantasy race for them. The current Magic creative team is so utterly incapable of creativity that they try to create a "likeable" character in the most uncreative sense of the word, in the least creative manner possible- hiring a consultant.

Kaya and the Jacetice League are walking legacies to the fact that the entire story and creative team should be given the sack.
>>
I honestly sometimes despise being part of a community with such a high percentage of autistic faggots
>>
>>48642007
>>48642054
Nah, raw tomatoes always pounce my tastebuds whenever I bite into them. I can always pick them out anytime.
>>
>>48642095
Well yeah, you're supposed to be able to pick out flavours in your food.
>>
>>48642137
They ruin the harmony of the food.
>>
>>48633829
>taking a HUGE shit, like, actually fucking massive shit
>Suddenly hear "WRIIIIIIIIH"
>Door opens
>"WRIIIIIIIIIIH PHEP PHEP HEP WRIIIIIIIIIIIIIi"
>Fucking thopter just kinda moving around and being annoying as fuck
>>
File: 1028312.jpg (79KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1028312.jpg
79KB, 750x709px
>>48624577
>WotC hired a nigger consultant to avoid chimp outs

Sounds like a pretty cushy job. Basically just nigger everything up and get paid
>>
>>48642247
Those mushroom clouds look like dicks.
>>
>>48642288
They do. It makes sense since Pepe is a smug cocksucker.
>>
>>48641063
this is what I don't get about the nerd industry.
>Trashy alcohol industry
BITCHES'N'BUDDIES DUDE PARTY MOTHERFUCKER
>Classy alcohol industry
Smug smug, look how SOPHESTECAED we're, here with my 100% aryan wife and my 100% aryan self, smug smug
>Sports industry
Bros before hoes
>Nerd industry
FUCK YOU NERDS, FUCK YOUUUUUU WOMENZ RULEEEEE LOOK HOW WE INSERT POLITICAL THINGS LEFT AND RIGHT AND HOW CURRENT YEAR WE'RE!!!

One of these isn't like the others. One of these is losing money.
>>
>>48642319

It's because SJWs and feminists are, ultimately, awkward dorks and hopeless losers considered lame by the rest of society.

The only place they really fit in are societies already inhabited by outcasts, where they can cry up a storm and actually get reactions.
>>
>>48642355
They do fit fine in the real world.
>>
>>48642384

Not really? In case you haven't noticed, all the "big name feminists" are hideous man-children that wouldn't be given the time of day by the average person.

Anthony Burch, Anita Sarkeesian, that curry bastard from Bioware, they all have one thing in common; they're losers, outcasts that would have wasted away in some worthless desk job if they didn't start screeching.
>>
>>48642419
>Shillary clitoris
>HR departments
>Universities

Yup, not an issue at all! No real world interference!
>>
>>48624577
Why does the black person from a fantasy made up world have to bring with it emotional and historical baggage from ours?

Wizards has complete creative control over Kaldesh. Are they implying kaldesh experienced a period of race based slave trading and forced migration, by white people, against black people?

That seems raysis.
>>
>>48642439

>Hillary
She's the career politician to end all career politicians, her SJW preaching is simply a classic DNC move to grab the female and minority vote, since there aren't simply enough white people in America to win an election anymore.

>HR departments
They're still losers throwing their weight around like they somehow matter in an industry. I'll concede they're still doing something with their life but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone that says they actually like their HR department.

>Universities
You mean the universities that bend over and protect rich male students or athletes when they're accused of rape or drinking? Universities don't buy into the SJW propaganda, they buy into commercializing the college experience; if wrapping everything in bubble-wrap and puppy dog ribbons gets them Johnny's tuition money for that worthless degree, they'll happily do it.

And all those insane class presidents? They're still losers, in case you consider a 27 year-old liberal arts major that's on her 9th year at the university "going somewhere with her life."
>>
>>48642488
>Why does the black person from a fantasy made up world have to bring with it emotional and historical baggage from ours?

Because years ago Wizards defended Black Greece and black people in Innistrad because "this isn't the real world, we don't need to follow real-world culture."
>>
>>48642517
Why the fuck is anyone still allowing HR?
Nobody likes it.
Has no utility.
>>
Why is the black planeswalker a person who hangs around in the poor neighborhoods and has problems with authority?

Wizards needs to get their money back from this consultant.
>>
>>48642551
This.
Just have someone from teferi's island hahahaha
>>
>>48642544
It's so corporations can cover their ass for lawsuits.
>>
>>48642528
Those people who didn't like black theros or black innistrad were retarded.
>>
>>48642597

Just like the people who don't like this girl are retarded?
>>
>>48642589
Just get a jewish resources department then.

It also comes with doctors and discount matzos.
>>
>>48642622

Latke > Matzo
>>
>>48642616
I don't know. If they don't like her because she's black, then yes. If they don't like her character, which is honestly a giant cliche, then no.

But it is fine to not like wizards hiring a "black consultant" to advise them on the culture and tendencies of black people in completely fictional universes. That's really fucking retarded, and has just resulted in a cliche of a character.
>>
>>48642634
Ah, the Latke-Matzo fights, million of jews are sightly annoyed each year for this millennial conflict.
>>
>>48642319
A lot of nerds are misantropes or spergs. Misantropes and spergs are the filth of humanity.
>>
>>48642586
Phasing will be relevant one day and soon you'll ruse these words for underestimating the greatest card land to puzzle wizards to this day on how to crack the two mana code and give advantage so much that even becomes playable in legacy and vintage. This is no joke, my phasing lands I have playset sitting and waiting as my phasing deck is coming to a real boom.
>>
>>48624577
When was the last time you saw a black woman play MTG?
>>
>>48642979
I've never said more than 3 women playing mtg.
>>
DOUBLE DAGGER
O
U
B
L
E

D
A
G
G
E
R

I haven't read the story but I bet she's playfully edgy with a secret heart of gold. Don't get on her bad side, though, because these blades don't just cut through ghosts!

Could WotC be any worse hacks?
>>
>>48643224
>Could WotC be any worse hacks?

You say hack, the media and society at large says progressive trend-setters.

You're on the wrong side of history in this fight, buddy.
>>
>>48643282
Just like the Nazis.
>>
>>48639727
That's the part i can't understand, they are literally Making the setting. It has nothing to do with the real world.
>>
>>48643282
>Wrong side of history.
>>
>>48643482
Wrong side is the same as the losing side. You are a dinosaur, you just don't know it.
>>
>>48643505
>Losing side
>You are a dinosaur
>>
>>48622838
WE
>>
>>48643536
Denial is common when faced with undeniable facts.
>>
>>48643665
You going to keep spouting liberal rhetoric or bring up an actual argument? Because all I see is not an argument.
>>
>>48642072
I'm at a little bit of a loss as to how hiring a consultant is so uncreative. Doing research is part of being creative, isn't it?
>>
>>48643832
I think the fact that they need to hire a consultant on how to write a character with melanin rich skin from another world and reality makes them seem out of touch.
>>
>>48644027
Did you know melanin is worth about $3500 an ounce?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 430x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 430x240px
>>48644074
Excellent.
>>
>>48642079
>he doesn't like tomatoes
>>
>>48644175
Some people can't be helped because they don't want to be helped.
>>
>>48644027
I can agree with that, yeah, but calling it specifically "uncreative" sounds to me like a miscall.
>>
File: bogeyman.png (326KB, 690x832px) Image search: [Google]
bogeyman.png
326KB, 690x832px
>>48624577
I normally don't attribute things to the SJW bogeyman. But that "Just Add Colour" website is actually the SJW bogeyman. It's fucking ridiculous. See pic related.

And you know what? People who dish out this kind of schlock do it because they know they'll get hired, interviewed, attention, connections or what have you. It's fucking bullshit that people like her are awarded for stoking tensions between groups.
>>
>>48644416
>#GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend

Why are faggots so offended that most other people aren't faggots?
>>
>>48626724
>we are people
Gud joek
>>
>>48630630
There's that fat crippled gobbo planeswalker. That's pretty damn close.
>>
>>48630726
Worse, she was full on chuuni
>>
>>48644730

They need new blood in their club, anon.

They need fresh, tight asses that aren't infected with AIDS they can pound with impunity.
>>
>>48644730
>Why are faggots so offended that most other people aren't faggots?

You're missing the point. I'm quite sure people just want *some* degree of representation in the media they consume. Unfortunately when developers finally add "that one character" for diversity points, conservatards start sperging out as if said developers had made every character in your favorite series come out of the closet in troves.
>>
>>48639894
I wonder how many people it would take complaining about underrepresentation of double-genitalia people it would take to make this happen.
>>
>>48645026
>for diversity points
Get one thing into your skull: THIS is the problem.

Adding a character that is interesting that happens to be gay is fine. Adding a character /because/ they are gay is not. That's tokenism, its lazy, and transparently so.

Does making *insert character here* gay make them more interesting? If yes, go right ahead, if not, no, stop it. And before you open your stupid mouth again, no, being gay in itself is not interesting.

Do you know what the actual rates of homosexuality in society are? Minuscule, compared to what you think they are. If anything, they are /over/represented.
>>
>>48633858
>transgender transblack islamic polyqueer demimind dysphoric nusoul pandatigerkin amputee planeswalker with twitter ptsd, ze/ze/zem pronouns and a smash the patriarchy tee shirt in a non oppressive color.
What disturbs me more than anything is that I actually know what all that shit fucking meant. I've been on the internet too long.
>>
>>48645150
>Adding a character /because/ they are gay is not.

/pol/shits complain about any and every instance of characters they would categorize as diverse. There is no satisfactory way to slip diversity into any form of media and simultaneously appease people who harbor prejudices.

Why should anybody care about your opinion? Best you can do as a consumer is stop supporting media whose "agenda" you disagree with, because writers and developers sure as fuck aren't listening to your tantrums. Doxxing and harassing them certainly doesn't help.

>That's tokenism, its lazy, and transparently so.

I don't see why a character's race or sexual orientation need to be justified by giving said character a more in-depth lore than any other standard character added to the series. Most characters are not so broadly conceived, and most of their traits seem arbitrary at best. I'm not sure why traits like race or sexual orientation should merit any special attention over others.
>>
>>48622838

Maybe it's the fact that I have no experience with the Conspiracy setting, but really nothing about this story really connected it to Magic the Gathering. I mean, it's just like it could be a generic fantasy story and the non-offensive protagonist certainly doesn't help.
>>
>>48645290
>/pol/shits complain about any and every instance of characters they would categorize as diverse.

/pol/ is not me, and I am not /pol/. I don't care what they think. What /I/ think, however is that characters can be "diverse" without being ">diverse", if that makes any sense. Pardon my example being /v/, but Eli Vance was a good character that just happened to be black. In no way was his race of any issue to the plot. He was not added because of any "diversity points". That's diversity. Having a range of people who are individuals, and not there to tick checkboxes.

>Why should anybody care about your opinion? Best you can do as a consumer is stop supporting media whose "agenda" you disagree with, because writers and developers sure as fuck aren't listening to your tantrums. Doxxing and harassing them certainly doesn't help.
It amuses me that you're only argument is to make unsubstantiated claims about my character. But to your point about voting with my wallet, I do, so there's little point in bringing it up.

>I don't see why a character's race or sexual orientation need to be justified by giving said character a more in-depth lore than any other standard character added to the series. Most characters are not so broadly conceived, and most of their traits seem arbitrary at best. I'm not sure why traits like race or sexual orientation should merit any special attention over others.

I'm not asking for in-depth lore, or special treatment, rather the opposite. Make them an actual character, not just a sign saying "I'm gay" on a stick that occasionally talks in stereotypical quips.

What you continually fail to grasp is this: A character who is gay is diversity, a "gay character" is tokenism. Does that make sense?

A character's sexuality should be a means, not an end. The same goes for race, gender, any part of their identity. If you are making them that for the sake of making them that you are, at best, a hack, and at worst, a shill.
>>
>>48645150
>being gay in itself is not interesting.
Said like someone who's tried it before. How was it?
>>
>>48645072
Make a petition and sign it with proxies
>>
>>48645551
I was talking about characters.

That said, even though I have no personal experience in that field, I would consider giving a particularly convincing trap a chance.
>>
>>48645293
To be honest all things in magic "plot" do that now. Before it was all about Urza shit and the Weatherlight crew but "people complained" about that and they dumped it for bland generic fantasy plot. The onslaught cycle was basicaly lord of the rings super artifact with the concepts of magic mana sprinkled in to flavor shit to start off their "new" plot cycles. We had magic japan, magic generic fantasy with lovecrfat/conan/ashton smith gods, magic gothic tropes, magic bloodborne, and magic fantasy conspericy. The only truely magic/half unique things were miridon which was strange everything is minorly part artificed and the new phyraxia shit which was magics big bad forever.

The only real thing in the magic books that is magic is that eveyr once in a while the internal monolog of magic they'll have the fluff of them remeber places they been or the immediate area to cast the spells. That's the only real thing that magic plot/storyline has in it is they think of lands and that's kinda pathetic.
>>
>>48645150
You're just upset that all those poor little ghetto niggers are finally getting some represensation in the media that doesn't portray them as cold-blooded criminals, which means they'll start pouring into your local game stores and other safe places to participate in your hobbies. And now women and faggots too? Holy shit, dude. It's the trifecta of diversity.

Here's a thought: Traditional gaming always was and always will be an inclusive form of media, so I suggest you pucker up and go back to sucking /pol/'s proverbial dick instead of wasting your time trying to inject alt-right politics into a card game published by a company that seems to insist on doing the exact opposite of what you want it to do.

Also, off yourself. Or never reproduce. Either way, the gene pool in your corner of the woods is shallow enough.
>>
So where's the card?

WotC says they're printing a black woman Planeswalker. I guess this means she's going to be in Kaladesh block? That'll make her our first spoiler--as soon as they actually show us her.
>>
>>48645772
We're getting it in that new Conspiracy coming out soon.
>>
>>48645150
>Jacetice League
>interesting characters
I'm afraid I don't follow.
>>
>>48645150
>If anything, they are /over/represented.
Of course they are, every heard of cognitive bias?
>>
>>48622838
This has got to be a coincidence....right?

First, ghostbuster remake with black womyn,
and now a ghost assassin planeswalker token black?

They should have named her Token, like south park did, funny as fuck today with feminism infecting the gaming industry.
>>
>>48635752
Oh? What superior card game do you play, kind gentlesir? Yu-Gi-Oh?
>>
>>48647875
Force of Will. Deal with it.
>>
>>48644074
Then why are niggers poor?
>>
>>48645026
They don't want representation they want erasure.
They don't want more diverse characters, they want the bran names associated with white hetero characters to now associate to their wacky club and for cis white males to stop existing altogether.

It also makes you think, what kind of friends these people are when a guy standing up for his bro means he must want to get fucked in the ass.
>>
But wasn't Koth the black planeswalker?

Also, why does everyone need to be female? I'd much rather some phyrexian robot monster than these generic fantasy characters.
>>
>>48645551
It's pretty boring actually unless you're looking to make a sexually explicit product.
>>48645739
And yet those niggers still identify more with Peter Parker than Miles Morales, because they have more experience with failing at shit despite their potential than with being carefully overproduced inoffensive tokens. The only people who care about skin color, sexuality and genitals more than character are people with no character themselves.
>>
>>48650666
>implying Phyrexia aren't also generic fantasy villains by this point
Nice satan-trips tho
>>
>>48622838
She should come hang out in the Old World. The Cult of Morr and undead hunters generall can always use someone who can face and put to rest uneasy spirits.
>>
File: deebly.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
deebly.png
98KB, 600x500px
>>48650656
>It also makes you think

I'm glad I don't live in whatever twisted hell you occupy, it must be real scary being afraid of everyone else
>>
>>48622838
It means the person in question can make ghosts deader than dead.
>>
>>48622879
This is the millennial power fantasy right there, folks.
In the past we had:
Marriage as wish-fulfillment
Violence as wish-fulfillment
Money as wish-fulfillment

Now we have employment as wish-fulfillment.

"I do this extraordinary, fantastic thing for a living. It aint no big thing; it's just my job."
>>
>>48650865
unless you are older than 35, you're a millennial

if you are older than 35, you should probably find something to do with your life that isn't 4chan

if you are younger than 35, you should probably find something to do with your life that isn't 4chan
>>
>>48650899
Wasn't Gen Y 75-99 and Millenials people who were actually born in this new millenium?
>>
>>48650925
no

millennials are people born after 1981
>>
>>48650899
Millenials are those damn kids who wear their pants too tight goddammit

and listenin' to the rap music

I wish the government would ban rap music already
>>
>>48650933
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

Yes, I am a part of the generation I am criticizing. All the more reason to be self-critical.
Granted, I should spend less time on 4chan and spend more time on Code Academy and Anki, which are the other things I do on my computer when I am not at work.
>>
Can she kill the Skeleton King? I'm serious.
>>
>>48650666

Well... you could have -two- black planeswalkers?
>>
>>48641158
It got retconned to be more crushing she betrayed him to bolas, they fucked dude.
>>
>>48625304

WTF I hate black people now!
>>
>>48651230
So?
He left the consortium because he was emo about hurting tezzeret sempai too much and how scary his super special mind snoflake powers were not because liliana was toying with him.
>>
>>48644730
He already has a boyfriend. He is called Tony.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.