[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your current group/party, /tg/. What do you like/dislike?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1446671049500.jpg (35KB, 619x517px) Image search: [Google]
1446671049500.jpg
35KB, 619x517px
Tell me about your current group/party, /tg/. What do you like/dislike? Vent to us, and tell us all the little things you appreciate.

I'll start. 5e party:

>Tiefling champion fighter (dex)
>First time player, but really got the hang of separation of OOC and IC knowledge/personality. Roleplays well, considering no experience. De facto party face as well as fighter.
>Great in a scrap, knows the combat rules well and is inventive.
>Somehow struggles to learn the rest of the game's rules.

Gnome arcane trickster
>Great at being a skillmonkey and thinking around encounters. Keeps me on my toes with improving things I hadn't thought of.
>character is funny, but a little annoying.
>has a tendency to go off on his own, but doesn't complain when I ignore him for a bit and focus on the rest of the party.
>very enthusiastic.
>brings beer.

Human tempest cleric
>veteran player, has his character down solid.
>very busy life, hard to organise around, and tends to need to be done by 10.30.
>great at supporting the rest of the party, is the moral centre without being obnoxious.
>great at giving/picking up plot hooks.

Half-elf wild magic sorceror:
>good mechanically, knows most of the rules despite being a new player.
>terrible at roleplay, still picks high CHA, wants to be face. Tries his hardest.
>has to be IC babysat the whole time or he'll fuck the party over accidentally.
>massive flake on sessions. Has to be battered over the head before he'll commit to a date.

And, finally, brand new Half-Orc Ranger:
>very keen, solid idea of her character in her head.
>fun and happy when relaxed, brings lots of snacks.
>can be quite abrasive OOC if she's uncomfortable.
>asked loads about the campaign/setting backstory, trying to get IC as hard as she can.

I like them a lot, although might have to warn then kick the Sorceror if he doesn't get his shit together.

So, over to you.
>>
No-one? No That Guys or This Guys?
>>
Dank Heresy 2

Feral World Guardsman
>Planet had broken man of iron on it
>Turned into religious symbol by tribesmen
>When Imperial Cult landed they told them to start worshipping a man on a throne and they told them they already were
>Imperial Cult has no idea they're placing offerings to a deactivated man of iron thinking it's a statue of the Emperor
>Guardsman hates technology, thinks cybernetics further man from Emperor's image
>Actual player is great guy, always have a laugh

Priest
>Good at solving problems
>Understands setting very well
>Australian, has that mad cunt sense of humour
>Doesn't take much active participation in the game, lets others lead when it makes sense for his character to be taking charge at points

Techpriest
>Prays to the Omnissiah every day
>Doesn't afraid of anything
>Bit of a troll but all in character, doesn't care much for other players

I've known these guys for about 7 years now, we all know each other's sense of humour. First time GMing with them though and we have some great moments. The party went to a bunkhouse but there was only a family room available, Techpriest and Priest go into adult single beds whereas guardsman has to try and fit into child bed. We joke that the duvet is really brightly coloured with pictures of the primarchs in a cartoon style on it and he's trying to get to sleep whilst the Priest tries to out-pray the Techpriest in a shouting match. Good times.
>>
File: 1469810055412.jpg (84KB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
1469810055412.jpg
84KB, 1024x739px
>>48618470
Cyberpunk + Hotline Miami game, mostly with my old friends from college:

Shooter - businessman, bald, twin guns, you know the drill. Newbie, still getting used to roleplaying. Nice to have a fresh face and approach once in a while.

Ninja-Hacker - risk-taker, creative, player is a gigantic munchkin but also one of my best friends so it's more charming than annoying.

Rigger - good roleplayer, gets into character, rolls with the punches, reliable guy. Just don't give him a spellcaster PC, he will dominate any game.

Face - social implants out the wazoo, cautious, self-preserving, player is methodical and calculating, plans well.

Soldier - hulked out on cyberware, intellectual but plays a dummy, tries to be /k/ but needs more work, top smarts.

I like playing with all these guys, so good times all around.
>>
>>48619011
>>48619116

They sound like great groups. It's nice to see positivity on /tg/.

Feels like sometimes we get too focussed on complaining about the shit aspects of our hobby.
>>
>>48618470
DMing 5e for some friends:

Gnome bard
>only person who has experience with 5e and knows what he's doing
>plays him like Scanlan Shorthalt minus the whore houses
>knows how to have fun without being a spotlight hog

Tiefling Warlock
>fairly new to 5e but the second most experienced in the group
>she's hella spacey when it isn't her turn but she will get involved and have fun if it's her turn or there's roleplaying to be had
>has a fairly decent grasp of what she can and can't do
>can come up with solutions to situations I hadn't considered

Aasimar Sorcerer
>married to the gnome irl
>isn't as comfortable with rp but isn't a stick in the mud
>has a fairly good grasp at what her spells can do

Human rogue
>compares everything to Skyrim
>wants to be persuasive and talkative despite making charisma his lowest stat
>made strength his highest stat, tied with dexterity
>wants to dual wield hand axes because muh skyrim
>barely understands what he can and can't do during combat
>will run away from a fight even though the others choose to stay and fight if he's at low health

I wonder how long it will take for me to kill one of them
>>
>Playing literally 3.5e

Human barbarian rogue
>Is a Conan expy
>Has more monsters killed than words said onscreen
>One of the last of his people
>player is ancient grognard

Mecha-planetouched wizard
>Con higher than Dex+AC
>Likes lightning
>Is sometimes a jerk, but usually right. "How about we avoid this optional encounter?" (one beating later) "Told you we should have avoided it."
>player is not a jerk

Splatelf splatclass (factotum swordsage)
>splat abilities like iajutsu
>fancy
>leading the MVP scoreboard
>player apparently knows a lot of splatmaterial

Splatfurry fighter barbarian (lupin)
>Stabs things
>Stabs things real good
>Also gives good advice
>player is talkative

Human rogue sorcerer
>Is newest character
>Also newest player
>Thus willing to use-test unknown magic items
>"Look at me I'm a floating torso!" was one result

couple of flakes who show up intermittently
>monk ninja thing
>elfdwarf scout
>some cleric
>orc ranger
>>
>GM
I've been playing with him for over four years now and he is a nice dude. Knows how to run a campaign well though he lacks the confidence to run OC due to bad experiences in the early days. Shame since he can really improvise when we eventually demolish the adventure path's plans.
>Half-elf summoner
First time player. Seems like a nice guy but the way he made his eidolon his waifu is like the vacuum cleaner sketch in Whitest Kids You Know. Currently plays from a mental institution due to depression I guess. You wouldn't notice it if you didn't know about it.
>Human Oracle
Summoner players friend from aforementioned institution. Though I first feared he was coo coo for coco puffs he's also alright. Bit of a speech impediment and constantly uses english despite the fact that we all speak the same language. He's also a first time player.
Cont.
>>
>>48618470
Part of a 5e party here, as well. Currently at level 2.

>Half-Elf Fighter, Chaotic Good
Emphasis on Chaotic, but actually played well, believe it or not. Generally hates authority, but thoroughly tempers it with common sense and is more than happy to work with authority figures so long as he isn't being ordered around. Played by the only player with previous D&D experience. Has a whip made from a tentacle that he wants to reanimate.

>Dragonborn Sorcerer, Chaotic Good
Chaotic less for hatred of authority and more for acting on whims. Player is generally acknowledged to be the party comedian, and his character is actually entertaining rather than lolrandom. Equally happy to talk enemies down or burn them up. Brings excellent snacks and always has some truly magnificent puns at the ready.

>Human Druid, Neutral Good
Generally does a stellar job at cranking out damage. Not much roleplaying on his part, but he tries, and as a general rule his actions stay in-character.

>Elf Ranger, Chaotic Good
Mistakenly though that she didn't roleplay the character, turns out I was wrong. Absolutely nails the elven haughtiness, but doesn't let it get in the way of tracking and killing evil things. Sister of the Sorcerer's player; doesn't joke as much, but typically has at least one magnificent line per session.

>Dwarf Cleric of Moradin, Lawful Good
Basically the sane one. VERY little roleplaying, but like the Druid's player, she tries. Has saved the party on multiple occasions with those sweet Cleric heals. Wife of the Fighter's player.

>Half-Orc Paladin of Heironeous, Lawful Good
My character. I think I play him well, but obviously I'm biased. I try to keep all my actions in-character, which generally leads to me doing impractical things like using Lay On Hands on a critically injured peasant even though the day was far from over and the Cleric was running low on spells.
>>
5e Tamriel with some homebrewed stuff

Ohmes, Unearthed arcana ranger
>very enthusiastic
>tends not to take RP very seriously
>very new player
>pretty inventive in combat
>character is pretty much Blake, his waifu from RWBY
>comes up with the absolute stupidest plans

Dagi-raht, beastmaster taking levels in bard
>very good at RP
>good at picking up quests and telling when I have to start improvising because they've gone off track
>great knowledge of rules and actually looked up a bunch of lore on the imperial library because they weren't familiar with TES

These guys are both my flatmates. small party plus knowing when we're all free makes game flow super fast and playing super easy.
>>
>>48620335
Cont.
Also since I didn't say it in the last post, we are playing PF.
>Elf spellsword
GM's brother. I don't like him. This is the third character he plays in this campaign and he is really disruptive. Very self centered and "woe is me" personality. Needs to be treated with silk gloves because HE is the one with suffering in his life. Once made us choose between him and another player because "he couldn't stand him". We kicked him out for being a shit head who just drops something like that on us and being a jerk in general but now he's back because he is GM's brother and the other guy isn't in this group. Welp.
>Orc kinetisit
Nice person but so dependent on his family it's annoying. Has a retard brother who constantly screams in the background. This guy is an adult man like the rest of us but he still lives with his family and puts all kinds of minor family shit before us. I guess that is a lovable trait, but it's fucking annoying to organize a game around his lbullshit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.