[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The aft section of the Merican space vessel Event Horizon materializes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: gravdrive.jpg (222KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
gravdrive.jpg
222KB, 1200x795px
The aft section of the Merican space vessel Event Horizon materializes out of the warp near Proxima Centuari. However, due to the primitive nature of the warp drive in use and the lack of a proper navigator, it doesn't arrive there until the 41st Millennium. What happens next?
>>
>>48615855
Absolutely nothing
>>
>>48615855
Ad-Mech send in a scavenging team and shenanigans ensue.

Three ways it can go from there.

1. is that the ship, deamon and deamon-host Dr Weir all run the fuck away because the Dark Millennium is more than they can cope with.

2. The Ad-Mech get some preachers and perform an exorcism and force the deamon out Bell, Book and Candle style. Should the deamon try to fight back it gets fucked up by a combination of mind-bullets and consecrated high-tech weaponry.

3. They write it off as a loss and vaporize it. Ship is tiny, has no weapons or shields and is built very fragile. It' wouldn't survive even the most half-hearted broadside laser cannon barrage.

Keep in mind that if it has only travelled through time and not space very much then its still in Neptune or Near Neptune space. It has landed right on the lawn of the Grey Knights.
>>
>>48615855
What is essentially a chaos tainted ship enters real space right at the edge of sol system, as in the most heavily defended place in the imperium? it gets fucking purged, thats what happens.
>>
>>48615855

As far as Warp Drives go, it's as primitive as could possibly exist. It would be an interesting curiosity, but nothing more.
>>
>>48615855

Where would Proxima Centuari even be located in the 40k universe. Ultima Segmentum?
>>
File: event horizon sean pertwee.jpg (23KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
event horizon sean pertwee.jpg
23KB, 320x213px
Can we just talk about how Sean Pertwee has a face that fits right in with the 40k universe(and no, I could find a larger pic that I liked)
>>
>>48617310

No, in real life it's only about 4.6 light years, so it would still be in segmentum solar, in fact it would exist at nearly the center of the imperium.
>>
>>48617328

Hasn't he done voicework for a 40k Video game?
>>
>>48617357

I think he did the Ultramarines movie.
>>
>>48617354

4.6 light years away*

In 40k terms thats like a walk down to the mail box.
>>
>>48615855

The question is, which chaos god does Dr. Weir follow? The whole body injury thing is kind of Slaanesh, but the despair aspect is pretty Nurgle.
>>
>>48618330
I would say he was balls deep in all four all at once.

Administered an ass beating - Khorne
Emphasised the hopelessness of the shit that was getting real - Nurgle
Very interested in finding a new thing to do and bring the crew for the ride - Tzneetch
Gratuitous scarification - Slaanesh.

Plus the warp drive he designed looks like wheels with a star in it. The mark of the Undivided Chaos.
>>
>>48618503
>Very interested in finding a new thing to do and bring the crew for the ride - Tzneetch

Those guys were such killjoys, all Dr Grant was trying to do was bring them along for some fun in the warp. Geez, they were such fucking babies about it.
>>
File: emperclass.jpg (730KB, 1200x812px) Image search: [Google]
emperclass.jpg
730KB, 1200x812px
Was Event Horizon the first work of fiction to reconfigure the scans of cathedral and turn it into a spaceship, or was it 40k who did that? I just don't know of any 40k art depicting imperial vessels before 4th edition, so I wonder if thats where they got the design aesthetic from.

The in-universe explanation for this was that it protected the structure of the ship from the gravitational anomalies of warp flight.
>>
>>48615855
It appears pretty deep in imperial space, imperials check it out and find out its chaos tainted, a very minor taint at that... they blow it up

It really isn't a threat at all
>>
Event Horizon is a Tuesday for the Imperial Navy. I'm sure they know how to deal.

But what's the point? The ship is missing an entire half, is hopelessly outdated, and that's not counting the whole "daemon infested" thing. No point in taking or keeping it. Blow it up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.