[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever played a character that was wildly out of place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: vrirmmm9qhrw7w7g1w0r.jpg (68KB, 800x493px) Image search: [Google]
vrirmmm9qhrw7w7g1w0r.jpg
68KB, 800x493px
Have you ever played a character that was wildly out of place in the game's setting? Like a robot in a fantasy setting, an elf in a mundane setting, or a wizard in a sci-fi setting?

I'm not talking about games where such characters are part of the setting (like how you could say that Warforged are just fantasy robots), but a character that genuinely didn't belong in the setting. Could you make it work? If so, how? If not, what went wrong?
>>
>>48607042
If the character doesn't have a reason to exist in the setting, then it is not "working" by your own definition. The popular one is "from another world/dimension" to excuse any kind of setting mix up imaginable.
>>
File: willis.jpg (20KB, 359x312px) Image search: [Google]
willis.jpg
20KB, 359x312px
>>48607071
>by your own definition
What do you think my definition of "working" is, then?
>>
>>48607042
>Vader
>force lightning
>>
>>48607042
No, the closest I came was playing in a game that had the party as a tribe of Kobolds who are the ones to make first contact with a dimension hopping supertech nation. We got firearms and cyberware out of the deal, but we were still fantasy kobolds.

>>48608164
Someone didn't play Masters of Teras Kasi.
>>
>>48607042
Vader can't use force lightning since it requires you to channel it out through your hands and his hands are kinda robotic.
>>
>>48608288
That's not canon though.
>>
>>48608513
>Star Wars
>having consistent canon that makes any sense

Time to remove those dicks from your ass, anon.
>>
>>48608288
>>48608324

It's Kinetite you fucking mongoloids.
>>
>>48608633
What's got you all riled up?
>>
I've never played one myself, but the first campaign I ever ran was the Star Wars RCR. I had two people who wanted to literally play tarutaru from Final Fantasy, and because I was a dipshit 17-year-old moron I was like "okay, sure."

One of them was the most one-dimensional pyromaniac you could imagine. He bought a flamethrower and pretended he was throwing fire from his hands, and literally only ever talked about fire and his obsession with it. The other one was incessantly robosexual for droids, but only humanoid ones, because astromechs were too creepy.

As for my other two players, one of them wanted to be an elf, until I talked him into a Nagai. He wore a fedora and had a lightsaber (but couldn't use the Force). The other one was a sapient Hssiss.

It didn't go too well.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.