[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey is FATE any good? I've played Dresden Files and it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: girl-eating-hamburger1.jpg (243KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
girl-eating-hamburger1.jpg
243KB, 1600x1066px
Hey is FATE any good? I've played Dresden Files and it was fun. FATE is pretty much the same except not locked to a specific setting, right? How is it when GMing?
>>
>>48606665
It's several disparate systems grafted together badly
>dice system using skills and funny dice with a probability curve centered around nothing happening
>metacurrency where you get points every time something bad happens and can spend them to make good things happen
>'stunt' system that does the same thing as the above two in a complicated way under very specific circumstances

It takes a whole book to accomplish what Risus does in two pages
>>
>>48606665
how the fuck is she planning on eating that hamburger like that? She'll barely bite any of it with the corner of her mouth then a bunch of it will fall out because she's not holding it properly.
>>
>>48607302
/thread
>>
>>48606761
Pretty much this. Plus Dresden Files gets the actual fate system hidden behind lots of options and powers and shit. If your only narrative game to the date have been Dresden Files you probably played it wrong.
>>
>>48607415
I did spend most of the campaign nuking people with Incite Fear...
>>
>>48607302
In this day and age proper young lady can stretch her mouth open far wider than would appear to be possible. I swear they are splicing them with snake genes or something.
>>
>>48607302

You're asking this on *4chan*?

That's not even the biggest thing I've seen a girl cram down her throat today.
>>
File: 1440654983845.jpg (433KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1440654983845.jpg
433KB, 1280x853px
>>48606665
When GMing, you should find yourself feeling like one of the players; this is probably the intent of a lot of systems. Everyone should be suggesting potential plot points and events candidly and basically guiding the game without using the characters' field of view (which makes it incredibly meta).

It can taste really bland without some setting-specific tweaks and some time spent divorcing how other RPGs work compared to Fate. I wouldn't use it without needing weird setting components described with Aspects and Extras and other custom rules. Unfortunately, people who start learning Fate after some traditional D&D or similar experience are actually worse off than those new to TTRPGs.
>>
>>48608036
>>48608517
What a lovely pair of ways to make the same joke
>>
>>48608036
welcome to the new rule of your reptile overlords
>>
>>48606665

It's good if you really hate the game part of roleplaying games.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.