[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm going to a local game store to play D&D for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: shutterstock_75670225.jpg (117KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_75670225.jpg
117KB, 500x334px
So, I'm going to a local game store to play D&D for the first time. Kind of nervous. What should I expect?

Also, general LGS stories, I guess
>>
>>48605311
>What should I expect?
Set your expectations low, you won't be disappointed.
>>
File: DarkLordBottles.jpg (335KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
DarkLordBottles.jpg
335KB, 610x458px
>>48605311
Expect fun. Dice rolling. Drama. Monster-killing. Dungeons. Dragon. Giants. etc.

Enjoy.
>>
>>48605311
Have your head on your shoulders, look out for shitty players, and try to be fun. Follow these tips and you'll maybe have a decent time.
>>
>>48605311
There will probably be too many players for the GM to handle so be patient and try to know your stuff beforehand
>>
>>48605569
damn it, the only thing I really know rn is basic character creation
>>
>>48605311
you dont need to be nervous around those fucking nerds lol
>>
>>48605616
do you have a player's handbook?
>>
>>48605616
*for the 5th edition
>>
>>48605630
nope. do i need one?
>>
>Be at LGS for Eldritch Moon Prerelease
>Decide to pull out some standard shit brews and see if anyone would like a game.
>One guy pipes up saying he has a low power deck he'd like to test.
>Ends up being a extremely good B/W control deck with a pimped out mana base and promo languish's.
Why do people gotta lie?
>>
>>48605648
It's better if you do but since you don't just make a character and watch how other people do things to get an idea of how to play
>>
>>48605648
You need to read it before you play, yeah.

I don't mean know everything in the game, but when your character attacks or whatever actions you have to do in combat, you should try to know what you need to roll. It's not hard, it'll take you MAYBE 20 minutes to roll.

The /5eg/ has a pdf of it, so you have literally no excuse.

Also, the DM doesn't know what your spells do. If you're a caster class, have that shit written down for quick reference.
>>
Expect the second most socially lacking kind of people you'll ever meet. At least it's better than roll20.
>>
>>48605648
Yes, you do. You are expected to know the basic rules and the rules for whichever race/class you pick for you character. If you're a spellcaster you need to know the rules for your spells as well.

It's okay if you don't memorize everything immediately, but eventually you should know all these rules to play well.
>>
File: 1465428371810.jpg (111KB, 666x999px) Image search: [Google]
1465428371810.jpg
111KB, 666x999px
>>48605735

>Also, the DM doesn't know what your spells do. If you're a caster class, have that shit written down for quick reference.

Personally, my advice would just not roll a caster class at all if it's OP's first time playing. I haven't tried 5e but if it's anything like previous editions in terms of magic then a wizard or druid is not gonna be very friendly to a new player. Even experienced players have trouble keeping track of spell lists and effects.

OP, if you're reading this, I advise you to start out as a fighter or barbarian or Paladin instead of a wizard.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.