[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 45

File: images(3).jpg (35KB, 324x453px) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
35KB, 324x453px
No shitposting about proxies for once Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>Alesha
>tits
UNACCEPTABOORU
>>
Should I build Mizzix, Melek or wait until Kaladesh for an artificer?

I'm sorry
>>
>>48592154
I like how that alter artist was still able to capture her Adam's Apple
>>
What's a good casual deck? I have three pretty well tuned decks and now I'm looking for something that won't give new players the feel bads, and is roughly better than a precon.
>>
>>48592136

It seems useful but black also has quite a few pay/draw cards at less than 5 mana, i can see how it would work in a reanimator shell tho
>>
>>48592194
It's just titty armor anon, she wants to be fish
>>
File: vorel-of-the-hull-clade.jpg (162KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
vorel-of-the-hull-clade.jpg
162KB, 464x664px
>>48592208
>artificer
Get those charge counters son
>>
File: Moonlight Bargain_RAV.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Moonlight Bargain_RAV.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
Repostin for (you)s
>>48592136

>>48592208
It's 2 different decks, though I can tell you U/R artifacts are more goodstuff ramp and cheat out fatties and less MLD, Lockdown and Stax like it's mono coloured cousins.
>>
>>48592208
Wait for kaladesh
If wizards dont make a decent UR artificer commander in the artificer expansion i will personally goto to hasbro with an assault rifle and show them the true peace of islam
>>
>>48592261
Merman
MERMAN!!
>>
>>48592234
I recently make a temur stompy deck with mostly khans block cards and surrak at the helm, it is casual as hell but so full of flavor you can taste it and its cheap
>>
>>48592154

>Alesha
>blonde
>female
>>
>>48592325
>bleach or hair magic
>booby magic or>>48592245
>>
>>48592238
I mean, the raw power is clear, an instant speed black draw spell which is aggressively costed mana wise you cast it eot taking what you want and pitching anything thats useful in your gy. The main appeal to me is that it's an instant desu.
>>
File: linsivvi.jpg (278KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
linsivvi.jpg
278KB, 744x1039px
>>48592154
Proxy time? Proxy time.
>>
>>48592267
i like it a lot, just wish i had the curve for using it.

does anyone in here use pain seer as a poor man's bob?
>>
>>48592234
My favorite casual decks to play
Ghoulcaller Gisa zombie tokens
Korlash, Heir to Blackblade swamps-matter
Tajic, Blade of the Legions human soldiers tribal
Bruna, the Fading Light angels recursion
>>
>>48592316
Oh, I should have specified, I have a Maelstrom stompy deck already, an Ayli control, and a brago infinite combos deck. Anything else in any other colours KS fair game, sorry anon.
>>
File: Image-43.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-43.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>48592377
>a poor man's bob?
That's this anon and it's even better in B/W Daxos
>>
>>48592379
>korlash
Any spicy tech? He looks fun and interesting.
>>
>>48592234
I ended up getting a precon and just edited it a bit for that purpose.
>>
Building a Narset deck. How much hate should I expect?
>>
>>48592457
All of it
>>
>>48592472
And then some.
>>
I have a quick ruling question I would greatly appreciate some help on.

I have a Parallax Wave with 4 counters and my opponent has a creature I want to exile. I remove a counter and my opponent responds with a Vines of Vastwood. Could I remove another counter from my Parallax Wave in response and still exile the creature?
>>
>>48592472
>>48592513
I am prepared toe receive all of the hate as I take my turns.
>>
>>48592457
Maximum. Maybe slightly less if you're awful.
>>
>>48592516
Yes
>>
>>48592516
Yes. That is basic priority stuff.
>>
>>48592516
Yes
>>
>>48592449
I have the parts of a Meren Precon I could slap together at a lower power level, but that deck is pretty strong as is. Maybe a janky Mimeoplasm?
>>
>>48592516
Your opponent needs to get stonewood invocation
>>
>>48592444
Nightmare Lash and Lashwrithe are his obvious relics of choice that turn him into a fat fucking monstrosity.
Nightmare Incursion and Mind Sludge are fun late game twists.
All the mana multipliers are obvious (Extraplanar Lens, Crypt Ghats, Gauntlet of Power, Nirkana Revenant, Caged Sun).
Liliana of the Dark Realms is a must. I also make good use of Druidic Satchel. Getting out Myriad Landscape and Crucible of Worlds is really nice?
Hard to say beyond that. Just swamps and things that like swamps.
>>
>>48592267
I like that card.
>>
>>48592457
Speaking of narset, my friend is brewing one, what are some hard counters?

He unknowingly gave me the okay to run tangle wire and winter orb against him in my stax deck, should I actually do that to him?
>>
>>48592588
Sweepers.dec is pretty much it.
>>
>>48592394
I play this against newer players
>cast creatures
>turn sideways
Against really new players i take out the combos and revenant/ghast

I usually lend this deck to people who want to learn the game, it has creatures, some ramp and removal and abit of tribal synergy, it can also be made super budget replacing older vampires with soi/emn cards

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-olivia-10-vampire-tribal/
>>
>>48592351

I love Moonlight Bargain for the fact that its instant speed. You get 5 cards for 5 mana at instant speed.
>>
>>48592588
Stuff that removes hexproof for super easy removal. Stuff that stops her attacking like magus of the moat. Stuff that stops her bullshit like stranglehold, or limits spells per turn like curse of exhaustion. Gaddock Teeg.
>>
>>48592614
the closest thing I would compare it to would be a black FoF, it's great.
>>
>>48592607
Elesh Norn would shit on her parade pretty good. I'm disappointed, I already have a deck setup to beat him. Fuck, I was hoping for a challenge.
>>
>>48592657

Exactly, except you get to choose everything.
>>
>>48592588
All the spells in B and W that make them sacrifice a creature or an attacking creature, (it targets the player not the creature) they put all their eggs in one basket you go make them an omelette
>>
>>48592588
Trinisphere
>>
>>48592356
How many cards have the Rebel creature type anyway? There's not many I can think of, and that would make this card pretty pointless if there's not enough things for it to affect.
>>
>>48592588
Aether flash is a pretty funny one. It hates on a lot of small commanders (animar included).
>>
>>48592261
But I like red

Also I want to try a spellslinger deck, I've never done anything like that before. My decks are usually blitz motherfuckers with a huge team or go tall. I had a Daretti durdle deck as well, wincon was a terrible 4-card combo involving Prototype Portal, Kurkesh, Unwinding Clock and Darksteel Juggernaut

>>48592267
How different is Melek from Mizzix?
>>
>>48592913
62 in black white and green apparently (maybe less with reprints), not really enough for mono white for rebel tribal
>>
I think my friend is building Emrakul 2.0 for this weekend's games

What's some spicy anti-tech for it
>>
REPRINT DOUBLING SEASON PLS
PLISSSSSSS
>>
>>48593040
A single counter spell. Alternatively, stax.
>>
>>48592913
>>48592981

Lin-Sivvi is the closest you can get for white toolbox. Her main strategy is to dish out as much rebels as fast as you can, and using Changelings as part of the toolbox for utility.

Use and recycle Crib Swap over and over, then use Mirror Entity to make your rebel horde huge and swing for the kill.
>>
>>48592457
Just kill yourself right now. Narset decks are about original as Nekusar decks trust me I run Nekusar
>>
>>48592356
>Lin Sivvi was reprinted
>looks like shit

Goddamnit wizards
>>
>>48592913
Surprisingly many. I used to run rebel tribal back in the day
>>
>>48592154
I really want to build Alesha. Try to fill the deck with ETB triggers and shit like that, but that would probably suck
>>
File: images(8).jpg (36KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
images(8).jpg
36KB, 312x445px
>>48593040

Nice emrakul you have there, enjoy paying 26 mana for it
>>
>>48593040
Stifle. Preferably imprinted on Isochron
>>
>>48593200

Why do you think it would suck?

Etbs are the bread and butter of magic

It's not top tier but it's definitely viable
>>
>>48593075

It was already reprinted, it has two different art versions now that are both great, and you want an ugly m15 border version now?

It's not like the price is going to drop by more than a dollar or two
>>
>>48593263
I don't know. I think I'm just addicted to planning and testing decks, there's so much shit you can slap together in this format. I love it
>>
>>48593200
AleshaMasterofCrueltiesBestFuckbuddies.dec
>>
>>48593294

I agree
>>
What is more important? The rare count or good cards?
>>
>tfw too much red
>tfw the one UW "control/politics" deck I have is fucking terrible
I need something out of my comfort zone
>>
>>48593329
good cards fuck boy
>>
File: 146.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
146.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>48593329
Good cards, I'd say. I don't think a rare count should matter, some of the best cards ever printed were at common
>>
>>48593200
Alesha Stax/Hatebears is quite good actually. Go for it.
>>
>>48593329

Sometimes too many rares means too many magical christmasland synergy cards that durdle to no payoff

You want to choose your durdle cards carefully and most of your deck should be cards that do a thing with little help needed, a lot of those are commons and uncommons
>>
>>48593200
Steal and sac effects
Fill your gy with jank/infect till you hit master of cruelties
Make alesha indestructable/unblockable
They die to combo or to infect
Win prizes
>>
>>48593335

Make a control deck but this time don't make it shitty

Control is really fun desu, lay back early game, just build your manabase and intervene when necessary, then late game you become unstoppable

Doesn't have to be UW, UB, UG and UR are all fine color combos for control, although I know you said you have too much red right now
>>
>>48593335
build Witch-Maw Nephilim
>>
>>48593485
Meme shitposter plz go
>>
Building a fire themed Chandra deck for a new playgroup because even my relaxed decks are too much for them.

What are some good fire spells that aren't totally worthless. Note that I already have all the Chandra themed ones, including incinerate and seal of fire.
>>
File: 1375976925436.gif (2MB, 359x360px) Image search: [Google]
1375976925436.gif
2MB, 359x360px
>>48593322
Anon let me share a story
>Alesha against Daretti, Oloro and Derevi
>copy the attack trigger twice (Resonator and Kurkesh)
>pull out Master of Cruelties, Raving Dead and Emissary of Despair
>enough red mana up to use Break Through The Line a bunch
>make them and some Goblin tokens all unblockable, kill off the Derevi player with Master and a Goblin token
>Fucking annihilate Daretti's asshole with Emissary and Alesha
>decimate Oloro's bullshit lifegain with Raving Dead
>Alesha had Breath of Fury
>get to do it all again to Oloro
Build Alesha. You can build it literally however you want. There is so much shit you can do with it. Mine is a toolboxy mix of ETBs and little guys that hit for huge combat damage to a player effects. It's a fucking blast.
>>
>>48593137
when was it reprinted?

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Printings.aspx?multiverseid=21271
>>
For a deck centered around sacrifice are dictate of erebos and grave pact necessary?
>>
>>48593580
If you want double up your sac value id say yes
>>
>>48593580
Depends on what your deck is doing with the sacrifice.
>>
>>48593203
If this is bait its really stupid.
>>
What are some cards you throw into your deck regardless of the commander?

Lightning greaves, thran dynamo, sol ring, crawlspace for me
>>
>>48593485
I don't think my group would go for that. I was actually looking at suicide aggro, lots of "pay life" shit, maybe in Golgari
>>
>>48593697
You don't have to mention sol ring. Its an auto include in every deck. Can't wait for it to be banned.
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 384x384px
>>48593689
>asks for spicy tech
>gets a card that makes the guys entire deck cost twice as much mana to use because the deck is colorless
>lol bait
Wew lad
>>
>>48593697
Ive stopped using greaves in decks that i actually need to use my commander, if the commander is there for its spicy ability then ill use them
>>
>>48593624
>>48593652
Let's say its Jarad/Mazirek deck
>>
File: 1404759804950.png (319KB, 315x448px) Image search: [Google]
1404759804950.png
319KB, 315x448px
>>48593203
every time
>>
>>48593697
Sol sing, on color signet. on color cycle lands, on color bounce land (not the monocolors tho), swiftfoot boots, strip mine, n-disk, terrain generator.

>>48593721
Me too friend. Same with mana crypt.

>>48593779
I run Jarad sacrifice without pact/dictate. However, my build is more focused on recursion than the actual sacrificing of creatures. Again, it really depends on what you're doing with it. If you're high volume saccing dudes with tokens or something, I'd say they're worth running.
>>
>>48593828
Oh, and myriad landscape. That land is nuts.
>>
Who is the BEST glass cannon commander? One that either wins in spectacular glory or dies in a fiery wreck careening down a hillside, with no in-between. I need me some knife-edge play
>>
>>48593697
I don't even have sol ring in all of my decks, but the cards I have the most of are: Null Rod, Sol Ring, and Command Tower
>>
>>48593779
>gravepact and dictate in play
>sac a creature (lets say blisterpod)
>Each opponent sacrifices 2 creatures and you put a token into play
>sac the token
>each opponent sacs another creature
>you just 3 for 1'ed the entire board for G
Yes they are both awesome in sac/gy shenanigans decks
>>
>>48593862
Rafiq voltron infect
You kill a player on t4, t5, t6, t7 or you become archenemy
>>
>>48593697
Only decks i dont have sol ring is are my french decks, its pretty much sol ring/commander +98 the format
>>
>>48593783
THAT CUNT PAYS THE COST
>>
>>48593697
Reverberate and Twincast.
>>
File: jagged_poppet_miracola.jpg (315KB, 737x713px) Image search: [Google]
jagged_poppet_miracola.jpg
315KB, 737x713px
I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me advice on my pauper deck. I have never built pauper before. This is the first draft. I know it has a lot of sorceries, but I think having to mill multiple people necessitates it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jagged-pauper/
>>
>>48593862
GODO
>>
>>48594056
I understand what the deck is trying to do but mill does not work in edh, what do you do if any opponent had an elixir or cranial archive in ther deck?
Pauper edh is all creatures go 40-50 creatures and kill them as fast as possible maybe even a rakdos goodstuff, 50% creatures, 30% land and 20% removal

That said try it out it might work, personally i play edh pauper elves and i have about 55 elves/craw wurms in the deck
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/anafenza-goodstuff/

Still looking for feedback. I've already replaced a few cards. I was thinking about adding in Necropolis Regent, but mostly looking for suggestions!

I think the manabase needs the most work. I have a Mana Crypt I opened from EMA that I was thinking of including, but I'm not sure I want to before I actually play it against other people to see how tuned their decks are.
>>
>>48594167
>Pauper
>Elixer
>Cranial Archive
Pauper EDH just has an uncommon as commander, right? He wouldn't have to worry about anything like elixer or archive. Its actually why mill is pretty viable as a wincon in pauper (although I'm not so sure about how it would fare in commander pauper)
>>
>>48593862

Storm of some kind, what you described is how storm works, either you have the game or you fizzle and your deck does a whole lot of nothing
>>
>>48594283
Yeah i mean those effects, not specifically those cards but thise were the only ones i could remeber off the top of my head, i should have stipulated

If they are really set on mill go B/U with duskmantle guuldmage
>>
>>48594247
Unspeakable symbol looks like it'd be a good fit for your +1/+1 counter subtheme. I'd add more enchantment/artifact hate, you seem a little light. Something like aura shards, pernicious deed or N disk would do real work. Freyalise, Vraska and Reclamation sage would fit well if you don't want universal effects. Some graveyard hate is sorely needed. Angel of finality, rest in peace, nihil spell bomb or relic of progenitus would work nicely. Otherwise, I really dig it. +1/+1 aggro with tokens is really fun.

>>48594459
There aren't really any effects like that in pauper. The few that are around only put a few cards back at best. In pauper, you favor removing the source of mill rather than shuffling your GY back in because the effects that do that are so weak.
>>
>>48594167
>>48594283
>>48594459
So I do know that mill is not really a wincon. I built the deck to mess with peoples hands more than win that way. The main wincon is just plain old voltron.
>>
>>48594533
Anafenza herself hates on Graveyards. I was kind of relying on her to stop graveyards while I recur my own things from the graveyard, but Yeah I can see why that wouldn't work because she can't always be around, so one sided effects like Angel would work pretty well in her place. As for enchantment and artifact hate, I agree. Probably toss in some stuff like Vindicate, Vraska, Anguished Unmaking and so on just for spot removal that hits multiple things. Thanks for the tips! Anything you see that I should prioritize removing? Weak links that make for simple cuts?
>>
>>48594551
Pestilence/cemetary gate combo, keep the board clear and ping everyone to death

Make sure the cemetery gate is the spanish version so it had protection from negro
>>
>>48594671
I'm not a big fan of siege rhino, soul warden, warden of the first tree, and maybe Reya Dawnbreaker (she is really expensive). Ajani Goldmane seems a little too small for commander, maybe try Ajani, Mentor of heroes instead? Lingering souls and timely reinforcements feel a little weak too. Maybe Martial Coup, Elspeth Sun's Champion, or something like Emeria Angel/Rampaging Baloths instead?
>>
File: 1416903359647.png (110KB, 345x304px) Image search: [Google]
1416903359647.png
110KB, 345x304px
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hungry-hungry-prossh-os/

Been playing this version of Prossh since the EMA pre-release. Looking for some feedback, if y'all could be so kind.
>pic possibly related
>>
>>48594899

>replace two of the most efficient early game token spells with big late game token spells

I don't agree with this, let it be known
>>
>>48594754
A combo and a joke. I like you. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>48592356
>>48592154
God damn, as the dude who did these, seeing them not using the original file format, or super compressed is depressing.
>Album of the alters I did for /tg/ awhile back
http://imgur.com/a/SZC4Q#31
>>
>>48595005
I'm not a big token player, so I'm not sure just how important the efficient token spells really are in such a build. I know I wouldn't really be afraid of them vs. the more expensive ones with more utility though. I'm not so sure on my initial opinion on Ajani Goldmane either. He is perfectly fine as a +1/+1 token machine, but Mentor does a decent job at that while providing card advantage and digging for answers.
>>
Speaking of proxies, I'm ordering a bunch to fuck this one guy who "proxies to try out the deck" but has "won over 200 games on modo with the deck."

Jitte and Stoneforge Mystic are definitely on the list. Should I get a TNN for extra directed hate? I already literally hated him out of a game with Hatred last week.
>>
>>48593721
Not ones with Stony Silence type effects
>>
File: DiabolicTutor.jpg (90KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
DiabolicTutor.jpg
90KB, 223x310px
Can anyone lend me some help on Edric? I am referencing a lot of classic Edric decks, but also have to tailor him specific to a certain challenges in my playgroup:

>Has to outpace a Derevi prison deck
>Has to stand up to the constant boardwipes we run (including -/- effects)
>Has to actually deal enough damage to actually kill people
>Has to have a way of stopping Ob Nixilis the Fallen doing a massive landfall cascade and swinging at me for an unblockable 24/24
>Should have ample artifact hate for the swords voltron guy

Most appreciated.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-picaresque-rogue/
>>
>>48595142
So instead of being a raging cuck, have you talked to the dude? Or outright said that proxies aren't welcome in your playgroup, or any of the reasonable steps before sperging out and trying to fight fire with fire?

Or you could take the stance that you're fine with proxies and that anyone can use the proxies that they want because, hey it's a casual format and money shouldn't be a barrier to people playing exactly what they want to play, and then get proxies because those are the cards you want to use. But that doesn't seem like where you're coming from.
>>
>>48594906
i would take out blasphemous act for embermaw helion. you already have goblin bombardment, and you should be making an assload of tokens as is. combine those two with goblin sharpshooter and you can ping shit for days
>>
>>48595104

I didn't even look at the decklist so idk I'm just saying on principle, big token spells aren't just better than small ones in edh, if you're deck benefits from having small bodies in play then you want a good mix of early plays and late plays that make them

Also lingering souls is just an incredible card
>>
>>48595174
So, Edric in multiplayer is more of a political deck because you're giving people benefit for actively not targeting you. If your group doesn't give a crap about politics, or can one shot you either through combo or commander damage, Edric becomes a lot less good, or even a liability (giving card draw to a voltron deck)

If your meta has a lot of boardwipes it's an even harder sell because Edric generates most of his value by swinging with dudes, usually cheap and with some kind of evasion. You could just be playing Simic Goodstuff, but at that point there are better options for multiplayer and they could help you out more.

Unless you're playing 1v1 frequently, or wanted to be a dedicated control deck that sometimes turns dudes sideways for cards, I would suggest picking up a different commander given then meta you're having to deal with.

Kruphix would be my suggestion if you wanted to stick to the same colors, dodges boardwipes, lets you abuse draw engines which green and blue both have access too, and you can float mana which helps with playing draw/go style of magic until you can capitalize on it in another way.
>>
>>48595164

I have two decks that don't run sol ring, one of them has stony silence and the other has a bunch of mass artifact and enchantment wipes

That being said, I still think sol ring would make both those decks better, I just chose to cut it from them because I had a convenient reason to cut it and it freed up a slot for cards I like more

Both decks would be capable of more explosive starts with sol ring and it wouldn't be a problem to shut off sol ring in the midgame with a stony silence or fracturing gust
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10901748

Please vote and explain your choice

But only if you want to
>>
>>48595402
I play in a higher powered/more cutthroat meta, and since im just getting into EDH its better for me to keep tweaking and refining a few decks than build a bunch of cheap experimental ones.
i use Xmage for testing anyway
>>
File: FJ4W9RF.jpg (57KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
FJ4W9RF.jpg
57KB, 1024x512px
Whose hyped for Conspiracy 2 more edh generals bogaloo?
>>
>>48595466
Meh, if its anything like 1 ill pass, maybe ill buy 3 singles i want from it for $2
>>
File: images(6).jpg (10KB, 251x245px) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
10KB, 251x245px
>mfw commander 2016 is 4 color
>mfw the only mana fixing will be lifela ds and guildgates for 4 colors
>mfw there will be maybe 1 value card per deck otherwise it wont sell
>mfw its not enemy fetches
>>
>>48595466
I'm hype, but mainly for drafting.

EDH generals are a good plus though. I built lists for the entire bunch from last set other than Muzzio.
>>
>>48595466
I'm excited to draft Conspiracy again. It was so fucking fun to do crazy stupid drafts and free for all games.
Plus it had some decent reprints. It's no masters set, but it feels like how a draft set is supposed to be.

I hope new Marchesa is good or fun, and in her original colors.
>>
File: elf.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>48595489
sigh

I really tried so hard to get her to work. Like, I really want this to be good. but it just ends up helping my opponents more than me.
>>
>>48595524
Umbra mantle and then Hurricane
>>
>>48595466
i hope they do Worldknit again, that was the most fun ive had drafting
>>
>>48595515
I think a bunch of the new cards are going to be lands and artifacts. There won't be much value, since I think making 4 color Commander decks is kinda stupid, but there will still be value there.
>>
>>48593329
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
Who is the best Bant commander for casual? Meaning no Derevi, fuck that bird bitch. Was thinking Rhino Time Wizard and Rubinia.
>>
>>48595515
>commander decks get 2 new generals and one reprint
>yfw errata'd nephilim
>>
>>48593097
You can't really use Crib Swap that much, you can tuck it into your library but drawing it again is a crapshoot.

Lin Sivvi is one of my favorite commanders and I think the best monowhite commander. She's basically a defensive rebel toolbox shell with a couple finisher options. Tokens is a popular method since Mirror Entity on demand is powerful. I do tokens/planeswalkers to grind out value. I've got tons of sweet synergies in the deck and it's always a blast to play.

Here's my deck for instance:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lin-sivvi-rebel-hatebears/
>>
So my group wants to bring down the power level of the game a bit by putting a few more limits on construction so the basics are that we need to make a tribal deck that costs less than $100 and every card needs to cost under $5. How much of a dick would I be if I built an Azami deck with around 30 counterspells. Should I do it anyways?
>>
File: en_AwwTlfi8vI.png (189KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_AwwTlfi8vI.png
189KB, 265x370px
Alright /tg/, making a Temur, planning on aggro combo. Why should I not use this piece of perfection right here?
>>
>>48595569
Phelddagrif
>>
File: CH.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
CH.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
You boys got any spicy Zurgo tech? I'm looking for cool mardu sunforger package stuff or voltron equipment I've missed.
>>
>>48595402
>Build, experiment and dismantle a bunch of decks over time
I enjoy deckbuilding more than I do actually playing. There are certain decks that I have too much fun playing, so they tend to stick around a bit longer.
>>
>>48595639
Azami wizard tribal is actually decent and cheap. Lots of Wizards drawing lots of cards into Lab Man.

>>48595650
Aggro combo. Sounds like you should be using Animar.
>>
>>48595656
Man, my Zurgo is stax as shit.
>>
>>48595569
Jenara.
>>
>>48595653
Group hug does not seem all that fun though. Do any anon have experience piloting the purple hippo?
>>
File: images(9).jpg (26KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
images(9).jpg
26KB, 485x303px
>>48595650
>sup
>>
>>48595402
In the last month, I have probably created about 10 decklists. All trash.
>>
>>48595650
Maelstrom Wanderer is not the general for aggro combo. Seriously anon. Animar.

Not to undermine Maelstrom Wanderer. He can be busted, believe me, my god, he can be busted. Just that aggro combo is not his forte at. All.
>>
>>48595656
Add the new sigarda's aid if you haven't already. It makes World Slayer that much cooler
>>
>>48595702
>>48595667
Can Animar be straight up fun to pilot? He seems way overpower and like it would be pretty linear to play
>>
>>48595667
I know that it is decent my only concern really is that it might be too good, the two that I know what they are building are building ninjas and samurai which are not overwhelmingly good tribes especially with our restrictions. Also am I correct that docent of perfection seems quite good in Azami given that it pretty much means that every instant or sorcery gets to cantrip?
>>
>>48595692
All I have seen from Jenara is Voltron, are there any other variants for her?
>>
>>48592414
why this over Phyrexian Arena ever???
>muh color intensity
If you can't handle double black you have no business paying homage to our dark overlords
>>
>>48595752
If your opponents cant deal with something that comes in as a 1/1 they are bad. Black can shit all over him regardless of protection.
>>
>>48595681
Zurgo Stax looks nasty..

>>48595751
Thats the first thing that came to my mind...flashing World Slayer lol
>>
>>48595752
This is the main reason I don't want to buy an Animar deck. I feel like I would be too strong for my playgroup's meta by picking a top tier commander. Which is a shame because Temur is my favorite 3 color combo and I love his ability.
>>
File: 1469742208879.gif (1MB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
1469742208879.gif
1MB, 245x160px
>>48593535

Anyone? I'm trying to make it not suck as much as possible, but I'm not expecting blood from a stone.
>>
>>48595779
Because I run Spirit of the Labyrinth and Bob-effects aren't drawing cards. Nekusaur is also in my playgroup
>>
>>48595752
Can he?

Sure.

Are you the aggro combo player asking if he can be fun to pilot? I mean fun for whom? If you're asking about aggro combo you're already too far in now to turn back anyways. Just embrace the brokeness
>>
>>48595781
It...runs Nether Void, which I aquired a long long time ago. It's not my first deck persay, and there are much better generals for Stax out there, but he can be a bit of a surprise to some playgroups.
>>
>>48595793
Same here anon, I love Temur for the colors, not so much the tribe, but still love it. But it seems like there are only too strong, or too weak of commanders. Anima, Wanderer, Riku can all make the game not fun. And Surrak and Yasova do not seem to provide much else with what they offer.
>>
>>48595812
As is consecrated sphinx. I'd rather not give them ammo.
>>
>>48595766
Jenara is literally the most bland commander there is. She does fuckall and I love her for it. I can do whatever with my deck, whatever jank nonsense and she's still there to block and maybe close the game when everything turns to shit.

You can also do +1/+1 counters.dec like a shitty Vorel with white.
>>
>>48595799
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&name=|[fiery]|[flaming]|[burn]|[flame]&color=+[R]
>>
>>48595815
I do play Affinity in other formats. I may as well embrace it. Embrace the brokeness.
>>
>>48595779
Phyrexian Arena hits you for 1 every time. With this, it can hit for 0. It works well with library manip.

It is also fun in Marchesa to get your dethrone on.
>>
>>48595842
I love Surrak because it's a huge "fuck you" to counter spells (and by extension, blue). I totally love Animar and Wanderer but they can make the game terrible for the other players, especially if you build a good deck for Animar.
>>
>>48593535
Haha, I built a shitty deck like that too.

Here's my list.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-06-16-chandra/
>>
>>48595752
>worried bout power level when your other choice was Maelstrom
>>
>>48595752
Playing Animar a lot of the time is like putting a puzzle together with the end result being you win the game. Sometimes the lines of play are linear when you pull the right pieces, but a lot of the time is it using what you're given to maximum effect. I absolutely love piloting my Animar deck which is about 90-95% tuned.

>>48595758
I mean, if Samurai and Ninja are what you're going to be up against there is no question that Wizards will likely blow them out of the water. But I would put them a peg or so below the actually supported tribes, Goblins, Elves, Kithkin, Beasts. I'd put them on the same level as Merfolk and Kor.

>>48595793
>>48595842
If you're wanting to play a fun Temur general that can do some broken stuff but it pretty fair, just play Intet.
>>
>>48595890
That is my problem. My meta is casual, and I love jankyness and weird fun shit. But I love synergy and seeing everything come together while beating face. That combo makes it not fun for everyone else.
>>
Who makes a fun Pauper commander? Constantly mentioning it at my LGS has resulted in a couple people building decks so now I've got to build one. I'm a huge fan of Future Shifted cards so I was considering Storm Entity or Boldwyr Intimidator but I imagine the former lacks a decent Pauper card pool and the latter lacks proper variety in the ways it can interact with the board and is also a 7-drop in mono-red.

>>48595237
It's actually a shitty LGS League setting where there's an unspoken agreement to not run lists with the powerlevel of Tier 1 French decks with Gaea's Cradle and friends allowed in as proxies. It might be one thing if he didn't play the least interactive deck of all time, Yisan.

>>48595524
Makes a pretty brutal stax. If you can't overcome your opponents drawing one when you also get to draw one with several extra mana a turn you should probably change your deck.
>>
I want to be an asshole and have the game instantly turn into a game of Archenemy.

Who is the best commander for this?
>>
On this talk of Temur, here's my Surrak decklist I just brewed up today. Tell me what you think of it, /edh/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-08-16-surrak-edh/
>>
>>48595962
Jhoira does that fairly well.
>>
>>48595962
Are you rich?

buy tabernacle, forcefield, nether void, ect and run pillowfort oloro stax
>>
>>48595932
I'm a huge Timmy (favorite colors are green and red) so playing huge creatures and swinging for big damage is a big part of my play style. Janky shit is my favorite as well. However, my LGS's meta is pretty competitive so that doesn't fare well with my more casual playstyle.
>>
>>48595962
Zur The Enchanter or Kalia of the Vast
>>
>>48595962
>>48595987
This, soon as you put her in your command zone before you even draw your hand of 7 cards its 3 vs 1, jojo is a french commander
>>
>>48596005
I am a Johnny and Timmy, I love big creatures, either by cheating them in or ramping like a madman. But I also love looking at how well things synergize and building decks around a theme or mechanic.
>>
>>48595935
>unspoken agreement
That is your problem, make it a spoken one. Unless your league happens to also give prizes for wins instead of just playing for some reason, in which case the people being competitive is kind of brought upon yourselves, and if there are other people playing with proxies you have a shit situation. But if people are playing for fun, then just tell the dude that him playing with that deck isn't fun for everyone else.

>If you can't overcome your opponents drawing one when you also get to draw one
Slight problem with this line of thinking, you're basically 3 for 1ing yourself, since you get 1 card, but then your opponents get a combined 3 cards to your one. (Assuming average 3 player game) If you're just doing an average goodstuff G/W deck, that is highly detrimental. But she is awesome if built correctly.

>>48595962
Narset, Zur, Animar, or Maelstrom Wanderer will likely draw you the most aggro from a group of randoms.
>>
>>48595932
See I would just see that as a platform where I could play more janky combos which would bring down the power level while still being fun for me.
>>
>>48595962
A tuned narset deck (presuming you even get a turn)
>>
>>48596054
I'm more of a ramp person. What I personally love to do in my casual modern decks is just take a theme or mechanic and run with it (my mono green Kamigawa Spirits tribal or Gate to Nothingness instawin decks for are just a couple examples). I really like doing theming within my deck (though I will never EVER touch a superfriends deck)
>>
>>48596066
>Narset, Zur, Animar, or Maelstrom Wanderer

This. This is an anon whose seen some shit.
>>
>>48595342

Disagree completely

If your opponents are valuing off Edric then your deck simply isn't fast enough

Unless somebody else happens to be running a swarm deck like a krenko, Edric should have no problem swarming the board and drawing a million counterspells while other deck's first creatures are still summoning sick

It's okay if you're opponents draw 1-2 cards off Edric before you lock them out because you will have drawn 12 by that point

Edric is still tier 1 in multiplayer although you're right he's even more oppressive in 1v1
>>
>>48596091
>This. This is an anon whose played some shit.
FTFY. I also play Tasigur Reanimator, Yisan, and have dabbled with Jeleva Storm (but I'm really bad at playing storm)
>>
>>48595591
It's an interesting take for Lin Sivvi, but I can'thelp but chuckle seeing her commanding Eldrazi Titans.
>>
>>48596066
>If you're just doing an average goodstuff G/W deck, that is highly detrimental. But she is awesome if built correctly.
That is why I literally opened that comment with "makes a pretty brutal stax." A symmetrical detriment is perfect at overcoming a symmetrical benefit, not that it's symmetrical because you also have several extra mana.
>>
>>48596122
So instead of responding to me, why not actually give feedback to the guy that posted the deck? If you're the guy asking for feedback, obviously you've figured this out for yourself already and don't need help.
>Pick one
>>
File: Image-33.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-33.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Courtesy Reminder for all White Mages: run pick related to drag all those other "value engine" commander decks down to your level.
>>
File: 97d.gif (118KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
97d.gif
118KB, 600x435px
>>48596091
>Jeleva storm
>>
>>48595591

I don't really see how you can call this a "toolbox" deck when most rebels don't do anything but search out more rebels

Like bound in silence is awesome with Lin sivvi but other than that, I'm not seeing many silver bullets you're tutoring out

Most of your hatebears and toolbox cards are not Rebels

That said i do like rebels, it's just good card advantage having creature that tutor each other into play
>>
File: braids.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
braids.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Guys, real talk. Outside of the spirit of edh, there's some legit tuned lists. There's some serious competitive decks out there if need be.

Is she, really still that scarey?
>>
>>48596194
God how I wish this thing didn't die to a stiff breeze.
>>
>>48595766

My jenara deck was control

I liked to leave up all my mana for counterspells and removal and then use whatever mana I didn't spend pumping jenara

It was a fun deck
>>
>>48596237
Considering that she can lock down the board from turn 1, yes. Sure, there are decks that can deal with her with either a 0 mana counterspell, or a 1 mana removal. But there aren't enough decks with enough cards that would make it alright for her to be unbanned.
>>
File: Image-40.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-40.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>48596251
Huehuehue

At least she's relatively easy to recur
>>
>>48596297

Idk

I think she's scary and probably top tier but it wouldn't be a problem if she was unbanned

She's on the same level as other tier 1 bullshit, and she's not THAT consistent with the early lockdown

I think the main problem with her is the rich get richer, the people hit hardest by her are the people having a slow draw or who have slow decks, makes for a very unfun experience
>>
>>48596330
If the p/t were reversed it would be a perfect card. Recurable by Revilkark, not a frail body. Was too much to ask for.
>>
>>48596363
Exactly.

Braids awful

other tier 1 bullshit? nah that's coo' man.
>>
>>48596367
While she loses out on reveilark/alesha rezing she gains in replenish, open the vaults, starfield of nyx, academy rector, enligtened tutor, idyllic tutor
>>
>>48596414
And Zur, though he prolly wouldnt run her, idk
>>
>>48596363
>>48596386
Other tier 1 bullshit isn't as agonizing as Braids, and some of the tier 1 bullshit should probably be banned too. (Talking as someone that plays competitive decks)

But looking at what other tier 1 commanders/decks can do on turn 1 and 2 vs what she can have done turn 1 and 2 is absurd. And if a combo deck goes off in the first few turns you shuffle up and play a real game because there is a definitive everyone is dead. People will play through a turn 1 Braids because there is the chance that someone prevails and wins through it. No one will have fun while doing it, but they trudge on hopeful regardless.

>>48596414
Yes, but why not both? It isn't like there isn't 1 power 3 toughness enchantment creatures in the game.
>>
>>48596459

>why not both

I think he just meant that if it combo with idyllic or replenish then it's vulnerable to Krosan grip, etc

The 1 toughness is definitely relevant though
>>
>>48596237
Shes meh, unless you have magical christmasland hand t1 shes easily dealt with, shes only banned because sheldor got beat by her once and the sand and salt got mixed in his vagina
>>
>>48596142

What was your Tasigur deck?
>>
>>48596593
It's mostly Dies_to_Doomblade's Tasigur list with a few meta choices. He's a smart deckbuilder that is in the competitive scene that is constantly trying out new things for the deck.
>>
The banlist could be so much stronger if they would just ban the cards that enable broken or "unfun" plays. Like that anon said about wincons last thread, there are enablers that turn fair and good cards into brutal wincons, like powering out a Smokestack or Braids t2 off Vault/Crypt/Sol or flickering Primetime/Sylvan/Sundering with Deadeye. it seems absurd to ban a MULTIPLE timmy beatsticks because one card is breaking them instead of banning the cards thats breaking them in the first place. What bothers me more is the inconsistence, the RC have shown that they're willing to ban enabler cards, they didn't ban every Time Warp variant becuase they were too good with Panoptic Mirror, they banned the card that made them good. I don't want to get too far into the semantics of Vault/Crypt/Sol but not having them in the format would lead to longer, more interactive games via less stomps b/c one person rolled the dice and won the fast mana lottery. Take my opinion as you will, but don't feel the need to respond just to tell me I'm wrong, I get other people have different opinions but we don't need to shit up another thread with Sol Ring debates.
>>
>>48596622

Fair 'nuff. How much hate does Jin-Gitaxias draw for you?
>>
>>48596696
Well the deck doesn't play Hatred, so I haven't drawn it yet.

Seriously though, if you can't get him out by turn 3, it is usually better to pick a different reanimation target, unless you also have other pieces to protect him. He is a lightning rod for removal, understandably. If he resolves and isn't killed before my end step, it usually turns into archenemy since I'm the most threatening person at the table.
>>
>>48596738

I've noticed with JIn gitaxias that I only need the removal to come from the person to my right, that way they save it until their turn so I can eat the hand of everybody in between
>>
>>48596689
The format is inherently broken, by nature of being basically vintage singleton. A long banlist helps nothing and the proper way to play is to never approach it as a competitive game and self-police.

Braids already is banned, by the way.
>>
So I been messing with Sisay, right now it's just filled with goodstuff like Teeg, Ulamog, Azusa, and THE DOG. Any notable cards to put in?
>>
>>48596791
I mean anybody that has removal is going to use it to keep their hand. Any hands in the middle are a nice bonus. But even with that if I had the opportunity to keep him around longer I absolutely would, digging as hard as he does is incredibly useful when you're looking to combo off and fishing the game.
>>
>>48596826
Elesh Born+Living Plane
Saffi bullshit
It's really a crapshoot of whether people will know what disgusting degeneracy Sisay can be and target you or don't.
>>
Speaking of jin im looking for feedback

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/memeoplasm-reanimator-1/

Am i missing something?
Im considering dropping garruk hes kinda meh in some matchups
Im in the process of getting filter lands on puca but nobody sends cards anymore the site is dead
>>
>>48595342
>>48596122

Original poster seeking advice here. I've kinda had the same feelings between these two opposites. I guess to establish why I chose Edric in the first place:

I really wanted to do a deck with Newzuri, but after two games without much luck (since Ezuri himself is a bit of a bottleneck) I tried swapping in Edric as commander. I completely stomped with a deck that was more tailored to Ezuri than him. Admittedly, Psychosis Crawler did a LOT of the heavy lifting and did about 23 non-combat damage to each opponent when all was said and done. I eventually lost though as I ran out of steam and started drawing cards meant more for Ezuri.

The more competitive member of my group recently started running a really oppressive (and expensive) Derevi deck, and I feel I could potentially outpace his deck with similar effects as he's suffered a few catastrophic losses due to the challenges of running 3-colors.
>>
>>48597021
As with most things in EDH it comes down to choice. I think the best choice is to switch commanders, and keep the deck generally the same, will substituting out Edric specific pieces with goodstuff, or more control.

You can use Edric as a draw engine/aggro deck and try and stomp your opponents, doing so is going to be explosive and fast, but also more fragile, less so than other decks, because being able to draw into control is amazing, but still fragile.

I tend to go stability and building around a meta, than trying to go the explosive route. The explosive games you win are great, but having all your steam taken away from you and sitting around not really playing Magic for an hour isn't worth it IMO.
>>
>>48595975
Bumping this list in the hope of getting some feedback
>>
Question: What's Sedris offer compared to other reanimator commanders?
>>
I can't stop building G/GW what do?
>>
>>48597193
He replaces good cards with red cards
>>
>>48597242
build another edh deck without the crutch of U or G
>>
>>48597275
What do you recommend?
>>
>>48597296
Mono black with phage as commander
>>
>>48592356
Why do you guys all put that ugly *NOT FOR SALE* stamp on your otherwise pretty proxies?

I get why they do it at Salvation, their douchey mods will delete your renders otherwise (something I refuse to do, and simply decided to stop sharing my renders on Salvation rather than ruin it with ugly stamps).

I don't understand why you'd do it if you don't have to.

I mean, it's obvious as fuck it's not an official card, WotC doesn't make borderless, full-art, promo-textbox, image over the name box like a planeswalker - creature cards.
>>
>>48595975
I don't play creature heavy decks (artifact/stax/control fag), but a few things stand out to me

>the sarkhans triumph dragon package is cute, but you have a few too many dragons that are mediocre just to justify it. cut out dragons like savage ventmaw that dont give you much utility from searching up
>you lack decent spot removal. you dont need much, but things like pongify and especially beast within go a long way.
>temur banner is a poor mans commander sphere
>needs more craterhoof
>needs more avenger of zendikar
>needs more tooth and nail for that sweet avenger+craterhoof
>I would probably still put animar in there, even though he isnt you commander. solid creature, who worst case can just block stuff he has protection against in the late game
>pretty sure there is no reason to not run eldritch evolution in every green deck
>I see a blue deck without card draw. this is a problem.
>with such a high creature count, i would probably want more haste sources. fires of yavimaya is a great one, and of course lightning greaves rock.
>i didn't scrutinize your manabase, but mana confluence shouldnt be needed. i would swap it out for the red/blue temple you are missing.

That's all i can think of off the top of my head. the concept of the list is solid, but it could use some tweaks for sure. definitely under utilizing your blue (as most RUG decks do).
>>
File: xenagod.jpg (348KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
xenagod.jpg
348KB, 744x1039px
>>48597407
I got that + this alter from an anon that was offering to do alters in this thread a year ago.

He probably came from Salvation too I suppose.
>>
File: Aleshacrop.png (2MB, 1131x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Aleshacrop.png
2MB, 1131x1552px
>>48592356
My 'Proxy'. It's an Artist's Proof of Alesha, Who Smiles at Death. The other side is of course just the front face of the card,signed in gold.

Technically a proxy, right? Since it's not legal in sanctioned play.
>>
>>48597493
It's neat anon, but it looks more like an artpiece than a MtG card at this point, even if it's just an alter.
>>
>>48597296
B/W/R, B/W, W/R, RB
>>
File: cdd.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
cdd.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
>Want to build graveyard/recursion deck
>Meren gets too much hate and Jarad is boring

Is Sevra fun or do I suck it up and build Meren?
>>
>>48597513
Well that's the point. The other side has her regular card on it. So power/toughness, cost, abilities. I get what you mean though. They serve different purposes, totally!
>>
>>48597493
The front side is perfectly legal.
>>
>>48597407
>>48597484
It's actually not just Salvation, but pretty much any community that does digital alters it's required. I also print the physical version to give them to people, and it's just a way to cover my ass. There is no real reason not to, there is a bunch of text on that portion of the card anyways, so it gets put there.

>>48597484
For the love of god, go redownload and use the PNG version, it has opacity on the corners so you don't get the ugly white corners.
>>
File: 1460154855072.jpg (43KB, 376x280px) Image search: [Google]
1460154855072.jpg
43KB, 376x280px
>>48597544
build marchesa instead. we dont need green where we are going
>>
File: gitgudtoad.png (161KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
gitgudtoad.png
161KB, 265x370px
>>48597544
you know what to do
>>
>>48597484
Ah.

I saw /tg/ProxyGuy and assumed it was someone who just did renders here on /tg/, because of the name.

I only have a handful of renders these days. Didn't like my old ones and tossed them. I didn't used to extend the art to the card edge, just to the black border, and I didn't used to match the 2015 frame style as well.

I do like that I use the little holo spot for a creature type logo using the logos from futuresight. Nobody else seems to do that.
>>
Is Sedris fun?
>>
>>48597581
>For the love of god, go redownload and use the PNG version

I do have the original PNG version. 4chan for some reason keeps restricting me to post it here saying it is "embedded" so I had to make JPG copy to post it.

>>48597604
I miss /tg/proxyguy already. I want a more decent Kruphix and Erebos Alter, as well as a Black Sidisi alter. I can't find a decent Zombie Naga image online.
>>
>>48597581
Ah. Yeah, I like to include the text that should actually be there, like with real Magic Cards, the only thing I change is the artist's name, which I do my best to hunt down if I'm using a custom image.

That *NOT FOR SALE* stamp just really looks like shit to me, and the way I see it a custom render is supposed to look good, so I won't do a render that includes it.

I also do the physical prints, (on 110lb semiglossy cardstock, with a laser printer - gives good results).

If someone asks if it's a real card or an alter or something, I will happily show them that the back is solid white.
>>
>>48597661
That's an early one. I would do it differently if I made it again. Too much contrast makes it hard to read.

This one probably took the longest, because I couldn't find a decent image to use for a Sliver Overlord other than the official one, and it took forever in photoshop to make it look even remotely passable when I made it bigger.
>>
>>48597642
I am /tg/proxyguy, started going by RageAlters when multiple people started to do it, I just stopped doing them for /tg/ because there were a bunch of whiny bitches and not many people that were actually grateful for it.

>>48597661
That's fair enough. Thing is that I print on actual magic cards, wipe a foil with acetone and print directly onto the card.

Another thing to consider, there are people that take the alters that others do, and print them onto cards themselves and sell them. The not for sale is also to try and deter those kinds of things from happening.
>>
>>48597437
Thanks for the suggestions. Funny that you should say you're a control player (you certainly sound like a blue mage) because I built this deck mainly because of how much I liked Surrak's ability for all my creatures to be immune to counter spells. What other cards do you think I should cut?
>>
>>48597732
>I just stopped doing them for /tg/ because there were a bunch of whiny bitches and not many people that were actually grateful for it.
That's 4chan for you. I basically only make them for myself, but once in a while make one for a friend or something.
>>
File: 1469936442462069.png (269KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1469936442462069.png
269KB, 375x523px
Here is an alter i made for another thread, guess what deck i play it in
>>
>>48595073
> no melek
Where's the fucking love anon?
>>
File: Maelstrom Alter.jpg (87KB, 317x437px) Image search: [Google]
Maelstrom Alter.jpg
87KB, 317x437px
>>48597750
Yeah, I know. It was fun at first, but it stopped pretty quickly. I make a few for myself, but mostly for friends. I just did a set for some friends of mine, and they turned out pretty good. He wanted an Aang as Maelstrom done, and the foil with it turned our really awesome.

>>48597786
He was never requested when I was actively doing them.
>>
>>48597824
How do you get them printed? It looks amazing.
>>
>>48597841
>acquire foil cards (some sets are better than others)
>apply acetone+elbow grease to get all of the ink off the face of the card
>setup printing layout in photoshop
>apply style so that you get a border on the inside image of the card
>white out the center of the card
>print layout tempate
>take blanked foil, apply double stick tape to the back of the card
>line the card up with the template created
>reinsert page into the printer
>undo all the border stuff on photoshop
>print again
>printer will print directly onto the blanked foil.

The troublesome part is the fact that you need a color laser printer to do it, as ink printers can't affix to the foil surface and it just wipes away without even trying.
>>
>>48597732
>I print on actual magic cards, wipe a foil with acetone and print directly onto the card.
Ah. Yeah, I'm definitely not doing that.

>there are people that take the alters that others do, and print them onto cards themselves and sell them.
I'm not especially concerned about this happening, it seems unlikely.

>The not for sale is also to try and deter those kinds of things from happening.
Well, if that's something you worry about, fair enough.

I also don't really care for foils too much. To me they're just cards that warp easier.

These days I don't collect MTG anymore, and I tend to proxy entire decks (faster, easier, and typically cheaper than hunting down the cards I want, OR faster, more difficult, and cheaper if I decide I want to make sure the whole deck has m15 frames (regardless of the set of the deck). Also means I can turn a deck into an art project, which is fun for me.

When it comes to buying cards, it's exclusively for sealed/draft, and then I offload the cards afterward. My collection was large and a pain in the ass to transport every time I moved (regular occurrence for me).

>>48597824
That does look pretty swank.

>>48597642
I'm feeling (slightly) generous.

What are you looking for, specifically? Just official art, in a fancy full-card style?

If that's what you want I can do one of the three for you (Your Pick).
http://www.topdecker.ch/kcfinder/upload/images/events_preview/sidisi.jpg
http://www.infectedbyart.com//images/Contest/2/0809132210511.jpg
http://s33.photobucket.com/user/ChimericPisces/media/Kruphix.jpg.html
>>
>>48597931
The stealing of alter work and selling it was something that was pretty common when the scene was getting started over on MtG Salvation, which is where the rule came from.

>I also don't really care for foils too much. To me they're just cards that warp easier.
Funny thing about that, I'm not really sure exactly as to why but everyone that I've done printed alters for and myself have noticed that after I do them they warp a whole heck of a lot less.

I think it has to do with the way that laser printers work, since they use heat to set the toner, and with the one I'm using, it is a classic roller setup, so the cards freshly printed are extremely bent. After I pull them off the double stick tape I rub them (usually on the edge of the desk) to get them flat again while they're still warm. Once they set, they pretty much stop warping.
>>
>>48596826

My sisay deck generally wins by green sun zenith a Seedborn muse into play and going off on each opponents turn step by step, Karametra, reki, vorinfclex

I can flash in saffi eriksdotter or SOI sigarda to protect sisay or Seedborn muse, or use ghostway etc

Then when it comes back to my turn I swing out with elesh norn or craterhoof
>>
>>48598040
>>48596826
Here's my Sisay deck, if you can get some ideas from it.

I've got a bit of a weird meta, so it doesn't include a crazy expensive landbase, and a lot of the manarocks and the like that people often use are not in it because my circle uses both banlists.

It's also 2 years old.
>>
>>48597737
glad to help. as for more stuff to cut, i would recommend cutting:
>altered ego (surrak already makes your stuff uncounterable. perhaps dacks duplicate or clever impersonator instead?)
>wood elves (farseek instead)
>atarka, world render (she is a fantastic beater, but i would go for dragonlord atarka or bogarden hellkite instead for tutor efficiency and some more spot removal. mig atarka still has trample to.)
>Farhaven elf (there is better ramp at lower cmcs. i dont use green spells, but i know this to be true)
>kiora's follower is iffy. good for combos, worse than elvish mystic style cards for ramping. depends on what you plan on using it for.
>the keyrunes (there are better rocks [or green ramp] at same or lower cmcs. the creature aspect is largely useless.)
>brainstorm ( I know i said that you needed more draw power, but brainstorm only truly shines when you have reliable ways to shuffle your deck so you dont "brainstorm lock" youself. try ponder instead at the same cmc. if you are looking for a larger draw spell, recurring insight is a fun option.)

once again, I'm not looking at your manabase to heavily, but the panoramas are pretty dubious. i would probably just run basics instead, but if you are really concerned about not getting color screwed, the odyssey filter land mossfire valley is a great budget mana fixer in your colors.
>>
>>48598108
Forgot the link

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-12-14-captain-sisay-edh/
>>
>>48597931
If you dont want to print on cards get matte window decals (they come in a4 sheets) and print the pic on an inkjet then stick it to the blank foil side of the card and trim
>>
>>48597639

Kinda slow bu yes I think he's quite fun
>>
>>48595962
any stax deck
>>
>>48597484
>alter got the toughness wrong
>>
>>48595656
Just in case you didn't know, that does nothing off a sunforger cast.
>>
>>48598128
I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever tempted to make foils.
>>
>>48598281
Son of a bitch. Good catch.
>>
>>48598289
What
>>
>>48598113
Thanks again. I'll get on removing some stuff to bring the total card count down. What do you think of removing stuff like Breeding Pool, Ancient Tomb, and Stomping Ground for more budget lands? I was also planing on removing spells since I'm more or less satisfied with my creatures and lands.
>>
>>48598309
Fuck me nevermind, I need sleep. I didn't click on the image and thought it was Batwing Brume, which would do nothing if cast by sunforger.
>>
>>48598352
although the shocklands and ancient tomb are fantastic lands, you wont notice a huge difference in your consistency without them. Ancient tomb is also really costly, and I dont think your deck needs it at the stage its at right now. that being said, both shocklands and ancient tomb are great cards to buy if you plan on using those colors in the future, or plan on eventually adding fetchlands. think of them like an investment; not needed, but very helpful in the long run. cutting spells is fine, just try to keep your roles covered well. for example, if you cut a draw spell, try to find a creature that can get you card advantage. stuff like that.
>>
>>48598281
http://imgur.com/a/SZC4Q#3
>Fixed it
Also apparently fuck trying to post any of these on 4chan any more. Apparently PNG's over a certain filesize for heigh+length ratio get flagged as having embedded files. Fucking stupid pieces of shit.
>>
2nd batch. give opinions.
>>
>>48598558
Find a better way to photograph them. Foils are nororiously terrible to try and get decent pictures of, but need to try. Looks like that is using the decals?
>>
>>48598581
yes transparent decals
>>
I'm looking to replace Krosan Grip in my RG Omnath list. I added World Breaker a while back and figured I didn't need multiple uncounterable artifact removal effects, even if one of them is an instant. I can't decide what to replace it with though. Here are the options I'm considering:

- Tuck effects (ex. Chaos Warp, Deglamer, Into the Aether): The obvious replacement. I'm leaning towards Deglamer since Chaos Warp seems like it can really backfire.
- 2-for-1s (ex. Hull Breach, Decimate): These would be similar to the tuck removal cards only slower since they're almost all sorceries. I'm worried I won't usually have enough targets for Decimate.
- Card Draw/Tutors (ex. Harmonize, Shamanic Revelation, Chord of Calling): Card draw is always nice.
- Primal Command: Kind of a combination of the first three. It's a good card even if it's a little slow.
- Planeswalkers (ex. Freyalise, Garruk Wildspeaker, Nissa Worldwaker, Xenagos): I cut planeswalkers fairly early on when making this deck because I found that the ramp was often negligible, I had no way to protect them in the early game, and in the late game I didn't need them. All that was before I had a Doubling Season though, so they may be worth looking at again.
- Sac outlets (ex. Goblin Bombardment, Evolutionary Leap): Even though I'm already running the two best ones (Greater Good and Perilous Forays), I kind of find myself wanting a 3rd one sometimes. Evolutionary Leap means that I'll probably have to cut less impactful creatures like Sakura-Tribe Elder.
- Dragonmaster Outcast: I often find that this deck has trouble dealing with flyers. Normally it's not much of an issue, but it becomes really pronounced against decks like Kaalia.
- More recursion (Eternal Witness, Gaea's Blessing): Recursion is always nice.
- More ramp: Ramp is always nice.
- More lands: Lands are always nice.

What would be the best option? Here's the list for reference:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/raging-omnath-commander/
>>
>>48598866
Acidic slime (kills enchantment artifact or land on etb) and can chump with deathtouch
Nullmage shepherd (reusable tap 4 creatures to kill an artifact or enchantment) and a chump body
>>
>>48598866
>replace K-Grip
Replace yourself.
>>
Does anyone know how to remove the stickiness of transparent decals after they are on the card they some times semi glue themselves into the sleeves (the printed face)
>>
>>48598558
I really dig that sylvan library, but they are all pretty damn cool. The only thing I would prefer would be an event-legal exploration
>>
Is it possible to make a Lovisa Coldeyes list that doesn't totally suck?
>>
>>48597544
I played a Jarad deck that was half voltron half reanimator combo with Mogis's Marauder, Pathbreaker Ibex, and other fun guys
>>
>>48596251
But it does a great job of dying to skullclamp
>>
>>48599007
You can rub a very small amount of talc on the face, just put a tiny bit on then rub it around the card face and make sure you get it all off again, it should help prevent it sticking to the sleeve
>>
>>48599670
i have left them out for a day in the open they seem to have loose most of the stickiness i guess if i just leave them out for a few days it should disappear?
>>
lost*
>>
>>48599690
Yeah its just from the printing process and having plastic on plastic, letting them air a day or 2 should be good
>>
Should I buy a scroll rack for 13 eurobucks?
>>
File: Invoke Prejudice.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Invoke Prejudice.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>48595073
Damn son
You planning to create some more? If so, could you do Gisa and Geralf (EMN) ? and Blind Seer would have been cool as well.
>>
>>48597544
Karador.

Cmon, you know you want to.
>>
>>48597758
Kill yourself.
>>
>>48598558
>Sylvan Library
Hnng awesome

>Explore
Looks really good

>Wheel of Fortune
Sick

>Life from the Loam
Not really a fan but I can see the potentional

>Tooth and Nail
Looks amazing, but I've always prefered the second artwork of T&N instead. Still, good job.

nice batch overall, 8/10
>>
What non-red commander is good for F A S T and being explosive
>>
>>48599908
Selvala combo, Varolz, Rafiq infect, Mimeoplasm combo
>>
>>48599947
>Rafiq infect
Tell me more anon, this sounds like fun
>>
>>48599972
Pretty simple. Run Stoneforge, Stonehewer Giant and other equipment-fetching cards, grab Grafted Exoskeleton and other pump artifacts/instants, beat face.
>>
>>48599823
The odds are low. Haven't been doing much photoshop, have moved onto more career oriented stuff, 3d modeling specifically.
>>
File: 234125.jpg (111KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
234125.jpg
111KB, 600x800px
>>48600047
Ah, a damn shame, really. You got some incredible talent.
Mind if I ask you two more questions? One; How long does it take to make a card? and two; Do you draw the artwork yourself?
>>
>>48600100
The art isn't done by myself, as you can see there is artist credit on every single card giving credit to whoever did the actual work. As for how long it takes, the longest part of the process is finding art that even remotely fits the card being done, and that part can take anywhere from a few minutes, to hours.

Once I have the actual art I'm going to use it's about 20-30 mins to do the actual photoshop stuff depending on how complex I want to make it, if I wanted to do spills & shadows, any extra border work, etc.

From there doing the whole process of wiping foil card, printing template, adhering the foil, and printing again is 15 minutes per card, and I usually do a printing sheet at a set of 3, so 45 mins for that.
>>
>>48595569
rafiq is pretty casual
>>
>>48599972
sounds about as interesting as rafiq double strike, minus the ability to use jitte properly
>>
>>48600135
Yeah, I kinda noticed afterwards lol.
I see. Is there anywhere I could follow you, if perhaps you decide to make alternates once more in the future?
>>
>>48600238
There isn't anywhere I post what I work on anymore. I've done quite a few after the ones that I did on /tg/, they're just sitting on my harddrive, so no not really. If you wanted to see a bunch of good alters, and a decent community, look up the Proxy Factory on Google+, it's the most active Digital Alter community that I know of.
>>
>>48592356
>Lin Sivvi using a rapier

0/10 on flavour
>>
>>48597732
I'm glad to see you're still around. A shame that some shitters has killed your motivation do more of these, but I'm grateful for the alters that you have done. The art that you picked for alters are always spot-on, hence why I really liked them.

>>48597931
>What are you looking for, specifically? Just official art, in a fancy full-card style?

Actually, just alternate art that /tg/proxyguy has done like in >>48597484 and >>48592356.

If you can't do that, that is fine. I appreciate the offer though.
>>
>>48600305
Glad you enjoyed it while I was doing it. I really wish it wasn't illegal as fuck to sell the service making and printing them for whoever. Would be a nice way to make a few bucks on the side, and money is always a great motivator.
>>
>>48600334
Ever thought about just doing it illegally? Just set up a paypal account, get some non-shady customers then ship and send the cards, and reap the rewards? Hell, I would gladly pay 50 bucks for pic related
>>
>>48600370
God damn dude. For $50 a pop I might consider it worth the risk haha, just drop some Skype info or something.

But just like with anything illegal, setting it up and not getting caught are the biggest problems. And the amount of money I'd make from doing it is no where near the amount of shit I'd be in if I ended up getting contacted by WotC.
>>
File: marchesa.jpg (857KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
marchesa.jpg
857KB, 744x1039px
>>48597732
Sorry about your bad experiences. Just wanted to say thanks for making this alter a while back (re-saved as a jpg because of the embedded file error nonsense).

>>48599748
It's a versatile card and that price seems pretty good given what it's currently going for. I'd say go for it since it's a card that can easily improve most decks.
>>
>>48600407
Thanks for responding.
I bought it now and I even managed to get a mimic vat for 1 buck and a foil captivating vampire for 6.
I feel I have done well today.
Btw how much do you take condition into account when buying cards?
I usually don't mind if they aren't in the best condition as long as they don't have white stains all over the place or literally fall apart.
>>
Anyone know any good UB mill cards that I don't already have in my phenax deck here?

https://deckbox.org/sets/776132
>>
File: 1468888082029.png (177KB, 664x520px) Image search: [Google]
1468888082029.png
177KB, 664x520px
>Gitrog Monster + Dakmor Salvage + Skirge Familiar
>mfw I kill the table with Exsanguinate
>>
File: 43yh2h.png (337KB, 312x446px) Image search: [Google]
43yh2h.png
337KB, 312x446px
>>48600404
Be discreet about it. Skype works fine
There's always a risk to take anon, but the rewards might be worth it
Like you said earlier you do one printing sheet at a set of 3 (I assume you mean 12 cards total then), selling them anywhere between $25 to $50 = $300~$600 / 2 (let say you use 2 hours total for a set) = $150~$300 hourly.

$150~$300 * 4 (lets say you dedicate 4 hours a day for this) * 5 days a week (maybe more maybe less) = $3000~$6000 potentially a week
$3000~$6000 * 40 (weeks. I imagine you will take a break once in a while) = $120,000~$240,000 a year (potentially).

Everything is hypothetical and potentially. You could make more, you could make less. Everything is based off of supply and demand within the community/market of MTG.
>>
>>48600668
When I said I print a set of 3, I meant 3 cards. Doing more than 3 cards per sheet of paper makes the borders go very wonky since the printer isn't really designed for what I'm doing.

Honestly, if you wanted to drop skype info or something I'd be willing to talk to you about it.
>>
>>48599823
>changing the GOAT art on Invoke Predjudice
>>
File: rewrwe.jpg (33KB, 263x214px) Image search: [Google]
rewrwe.jpg
33KB, 263x214px
>>48600702
[email protected]
Let's talk
>>
>>48600835
that pic
>SCARED
>>
>>48600876
>not getting a comfy feel from Bog Raiders
What are you, gay?
>>
Saffi is the cutest. She also appeals to my general with cmc three or less fetish.

Anyone here ever try her? I'm not looking for suggestions as there's a lot out there already, just if the deck was actually fun to play, with or against.

Is the infinite loop with Sun Titan all there is to most of those decks?
>>
Rotate

>>48600902
>>48600902
>>48600902
>>
>>48598558
Not sure what's going on in Life from the loam and Slyvan Library, but it's pretty neat. I don't care for art that covers the name or game text like in exploration/wheel of fortune. My personal favorite is Tooth and Nail, but I guess I'm boring in just preferring nice, clean extended art.

Overall, great job, keep it up.
>>
>>48600886
Sun Titan, Karmic Guide, Reveillark, Angel of Glory's Rise, the list goes on forever. Also you get Living Plane/Nature's Revolt/Kamahl+Elesh Norn.
>>
File: EDH.png (4MB, 3672x2440px) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
4MB, 3672x2440px
>>48595402
I'm one of those crazy fucks who wants to make a deck for each possible color combination that meets each general type of deck style. It's a long road to get to 25+ decks considering only 6 are built and about 5 others are in planning stages, but I'll make it there someday.
>>
>>48598955
I second this. If I ran green, this would be in all of my decks
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.