[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Built a map from "scratch" for our first D&D game,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Strayonia.jpg (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Strayonia.jpg
1MB, 1024x768px
Built a map from "scratch" for our first D&D game, I've never played before so everything is going to be super simple for me and the players.
>>
Looks like the ranger will be useless.
>>
>>48583402
>Ranger being useless
Must be Tuesday.

Also you're doing good work, OP. The names sound a little cheesy but there are only so many ways you can name a wasteland or a mountain.
>>
>>48583427
There is a real world mountain that's literally called Mont Scenery. Literally ANY objection to the name of a mountain can be countered by bringing that up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Scenery
>>
How big are the hexes?

Overall, it looks kinda cool. Simple but that's not a bad thing, after all many great stories have been told in a single city if you give it character.

I cannot, however, not see it as 'strayoia and full of Aussies.
>>
'Strayonia
>>
>>48583461
Yeah, I got to admit, my first reaction was that it was a 'Straya shitpost. Which come to think of it would be pretty fun for a hexcrawl. Even if the random encounter table would probably just read "It's snakes or spiders. Probably both."
>>
File: 20160705_032115.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160705_032115.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
I don't like the Caslte being in the front of the kingdom. It doesn't have a buffer incase of a great siege. However it may represent the power or confidence of the kingdom but to each their own
>>
>>48583523
ay cunt
>>
>>48583554

Alternatively: They may be a primarily naval nation and not fear assault from the north.
>>
>>48583585
Got me there! I think I have a weak spot for castles on the beach
>>
Which bit is the slums? They all sound like names for decent places
>>
>>48583549

As a bonus, a lot of Australian places have Aboriginal names that wouldn't sound too amiss in a fantasy world (unless you're an Australian yourself).

>Wollongong
>Yarrawonga
>Dardanup
>Gunbalunya
>Ngaanyatjarraku
>>
>>48583549
>It's snakes or spiders. Probably both

A snake with spider legs? Or a spider with snakes for legs?
>>
File: great emu war.jpg (20KB, 320x352px) Image search: [Google]
great emu war.jpg
20KB, 320x352px
>>48583549

Don't forget the giant emus.
>>
>>48583427

Fantasy Name Generator, corny but saves time on naming stuff

>>48583461

I didn't really use the hexes on the intention of using them for moving. It just felt like it made it more neat

>>48583554
>>48583585
>>48583602

In the intro lore for the continent this is the only populated place on the planet.

All in all I'm having a great time writing and making stuff up for my friends to enjoy
>>
Also I somehow wanted robots, and lasers, and mechanical beings/vehicles without it being too sci-fi

Did some research on automatons, warforged, and amazingly I came up with an immense warforged boss that has Beholder eyes that shoot lasers so everything did end up working out
>>
>>48583937
Or the crocs, jellyfish, kangaroos, drop bears, etc
>>
things that spring to mind:

1. how big is this city?
2. why are there 4 different climates around it?
3:why are these districts so sharply defined?

and what sort of style are you trying to create here?
>>
>>48583375
How big is a single hex?
>>
>>48583375
>Straya
>Migrant Flotilla
10/10, very subtle
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.