[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a skeleton king too simple of a bbeg? Not a run of the mill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: SotFS_SLords.jpg (1MB, 1381x805px) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_SLords.jpg
1MB, 1381x805px
Is a skeleton king too simple of a bbeg?

Not a run of the mill skeleton but one that's intelligent, strong and a good tactician and wears a cool crown.

I love skeletons but I'm just thinking though, are they to boring to be bbegs? Would want players busting down the evil forts doors and say "Oh, it's just a skeleton, not even a litch just an actual skeleton who is a king." and getting underwhelmed.
>>
>>48583213
I think it would be just fine, so long as he is a great king. Preferably was one whilst still alive and still is, continuing his rule with great might, respect and intellect.
>>
>>48583213
If you make the SK a compelling and interesting antagonist, your group would have to be a real garbage pile to say anything like that.
>>
>>48583213
If it's D&D, by the RAW an "intelligent" skeleton is already by definition not just a skeleton.

Besides, who cares what they think? If they underestimate Bones MacCalcium, punish them for their hubris.
>>
>>48583213
I think it would be humerus.
>>
>>48583228
Yeah that's what I was thinking.
>>48583231
I guess.
>>48583233
Homebrew setting and also if they do go by DnD logic for Bones McCalcium they will be underestimating him. He has high bone mineral density and is the rightful king so he's not weak to the things skeletons normally are.
>>48583241
You can never have enough bone/skeleton jokes in one campaign I don't think.
>>
>>48583213
Nah, the best bbeg are intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>48583213
Depends on what he's done.

You can either have him go full world fucker or a parody, self aware dark lord.

Look, it says Dark Lord on my desk. I have a desk. Also a name tag on my other shirt. It says Dark Lord. Yes that is actually his name as in the name his mum called him. When you get that name there really is only one direction your career can go.
>>
File: 1346556048343.png (21KB, 196x229px) Image search: [Google]
1346556048343.png
21KB, 196x229px
Skeleton king is fine for a BBEG as long as you remember to build him up as more than a skeleton who is also a king and a bad guy.
Make him a character that happens to be undead and a monarch.
>>
ALL SHALL SUFFER

skeleton kings are the best BBEGs. Especially if they're kings who are skeletons and not skeletons who are kings
>>
>Skeleton of honored ancestor reanimated due to crisis of succession
>doing a pretty okay job, but is still hoping that the distant relative of his line sitting on the council will give birth to a child that won't be a total fuck-up
>>
File: DarkLordBottles.jpg (335KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
DarkLordBottles.jpg
335KB, 610x458px
Did someone say "Dark Lord"?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.