[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would /tg/ go about running a campaign inspired by the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: mm1art.jpg (88KB, 584x730px) Image search: [Google]
mm1art.jpg
88KB, 584x730px
How would /tg/ go about running a campaign inspired by the Mega Man series?
>>
>>48578436
GURPs.

Done.
>>
>>48578436
Mutants and Masterminds
>>
>>48578436
First, run it in any series except the classic series, as its the least flexible in terms of plot.

Then just use a suitable generic superheroes system like M&M or something and call everyone a robot.
>>
File: MEME IT_1.jpg (56KB, 800x753px) Image search: [Google]
MEME IT_1.jpg
56KB, 800x753px
>>48578436

In what sense is it inspired by the Mega Man series?

Are you talking about the structure of the game, the whole "hunt down and fight themed bad guys" thing?

Are you talking about the lore, the idea of a futuristic society threatened by hordes of evil robots?

Are you talking about the tropes, the concept of a wicked man corrupting tools of goodness and progress to suit his own desires?

I'd first ask myself that question and go from there.

Also, GURPS.
>>
>>48578436
Personally I'd probably do something more in line with the BN/SF type settings. A bit less grim, more downtime-that-cascades-into-plot, very obvious and simple progression that can also be re-spec'd as the situation needs.

As for how...not a damn clue as i dont feel like shoveling through the pile of gurps books to the one i actually need.
>>
>>48578436
Savage Worlds. Super rulebooks. Make everyone constructs, and have them serve as protectors for human colonies. Halfway through robot-master equivalents start rebelling.
Or I'd go megaman X world, and do maverick hunting.
>>
>>48578436
Nechronica mechanics, swap out terms and fluff so players don't freak out. Play up Fragments of Memories and stress if X or Zero based game because Maverick Virus. Call it a day.
>>
>>48582097
Strike! would be perfect for Battle Network style play. Just multiply HP and damages by 10.
>>
some things to consider:
equipment based progression, other than unique weapons, megaman remains the same through out the game

enemy placement is key. its not the type of enemy but their location that provides 90% of the challenge. basic enemies must provide great challenge, without becoming invincible, due to placement

fast pace, megaman is very actiony

thinking ahead is the key to victory, somewhat contradictory to the above statement, megaman cant just run straight into combat, nor can he grind his level to fight, there is a central element that sitting back to observe enemy movement will be a million times better than trial and error

or you can base it on mega man legends a game that is already an RPG and has a foundation for campaigns

as for lore:
elegance, no bells and whistles the story is barebones

all enemies are brightly colored with unique designs. their appearance must be memorable down to the weakest foe, no "generic" grunts

robot masters and stages have a strong motif they adhere to, they base their tactics around their abilities and not vice-versa. they usually have set resistances and vulnerabilities congruent with their design. as with the grunts, they have colorful designs, and are usually humanoids, with many exceptions, covered with apparel hardened to their environment (bubbleman) or composed of their element (woodman)
>>
>>48578436
Make it lewd.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZsUAqaOiHU

Make it give us hope in man
>>
>>48582956
I...

Well, this is the best use for Nechronica that I've ever seen. Good job, Anon.
>>
>>48578436

Megaman Legends.
>>
Well first, I'll need 4 million
>>
With a protomen-esque setting, hopefully.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.