[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - League Rules Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 23

File: Goblin Player.jpg (129KB, 645x900px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Player.jpg
129KB, 645x900px
Will rookies ever get through Round 6?

Will Mauled not be shit?

Find out next year!
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
http://marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Stunty Leeg handbook:
https://fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

/tg/ FUMBBL group:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

/tg/ Stunty Leeg group:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

/tg/ Secret League group:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10393

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Previous thread: >>48518380
>>
File: skinks.png (347KB, 726x548px) Image search: [Google]
skinks.png
347KB, 726x548px
First for classic memes
>>
2nd for foulable skin thighs
>>
3rd for SIX OGRES possible for vets season 5.
>>
File: Mystery.png (2KB, 283x232px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery.png
2KB, 283x232px
Time for another episode of, WHATS THAT MEME?
>>
>>48572563

It's a library card!
>>
>>48572583
This meme is even older than that!
>>
>>48572563
TRIPLE SKULLS
>>
>>48572303
noob but i wanna play nurgle
tips to not get wrecked by fast teams? how long would it be until my guys got developed enough to be good?
>>
File: Mystery.png (3KB, 283x232px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery.png
3KB, 283x232px
>>48572692
CORRECT
>>
>>48572789
spooky
>>
>>48572772
Fast teams are made to wreck nurgle scrubs like you.
>>
File: Bloodbowl-jim-and-bob.jpg (161KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodbowl-jim-and-bob.jpg
161KB, 960x960px
I'll keep it brief.

Glad the Rookies have moved on, you have the rest of the week to complete the round before we roll on to the Finals.

If numbers for /tg/ League V stay similar or improve again, we're going to trim some fat off the meat and throw some spicy sauce into the mix. I'm talking more rounds, extended playoffs, a TV cap. It's time to blow out the cobwebs and get us making new legends. Nobody's pixels are safe.
>>
>>48572826
Wow, its fucking nothing. I still say we need a second league manager that actually makes decisions.
>>
>>48572826
>you have the rest of the week to complete the round
But if I can't play before 10th, how we fix
>>
>>48572874

PM me your ideas mate.
>>
>>48572204
>it's a crab is so obsessed with me he accuses everyone of being me, just like he accuses all of his moms boyfriend's of being his new dad episode
>>
>>48572938
le funny penis13 meme
>>
>>48572923

Same as usual, if one person's made themselves available, they get the Win (but fuck all for it). Otherwise I'll flip a coin, especially games with no impact on the top 2.
>>
>>48572874
Better to leave it all to Mauled.

More managers means more drama.
>>
>>48572969
but what if first 2 players can't get a date before 10th? just curious
>>
>>48572938
Because it is obviously you. Who else would feel compelled to defend themselves than the person that got replied to?
>>
>>48572994

Then they're playing silly buggers and the same applies to them.
>>
>>48572874

>the one guy that keeps saying this so his IRC circlejerk can make it their meme league

Mauled has done a great job and isn't pure cancer like most of you
>>
>>48573069
That isn't fair because some people get extra time and others don't.
>>
>>48573086
Maybe if Mauled introduces a second manager so that someone can take care of shit while he is busy with life that will fix things. Someone that is around plenty of time and isn't a walking meme.

>great job
He isn't terrible, but Mauled is by far not doing a great job
>>
>>48573069
see >>48573108

round 5 was extended by 1 day why can't we do similar
>>
>>48573157
Don't forget the tons of times in earlier season people had extra time.
>>
>>48573182

The reason you won't get an extension is because it sounds like you're not really even trying to find a time to play before the tenth.
>>
>>48573300
I'm going to travel from tuesday evening server time up until morning evening. I won't fucking change my plans for a computer game but would be glad to be granted that extra 2 days. they don't hurt anyone at all. it's not like we're in a hurry or something
>>
>>48573344
monday*
>>
Honestly this shits fine. The system works, and despite most peoples complaints about TV difference, the guys at the top have been a couple hundred TV above the competition since S2. And its not like the top 2 teams were unbeatable this season either.
>>
>>48573344

And where are you travelling where you can't get an hour off to play?
>>
>>48573409
It is called a work trip. Not everyone is going to a place with free wifi and tons of free time.
>>
>>48573344

>Don't sign up if you can't play for six weeks
>HURR M-M-Mauled
>>
>>48573448
Rookies did get delayed by a total of a week at this point.
>>
>>48573448
>Don't sign up if you can't play for six weeks
I could but some people already fucked up the schedule multiple times resulting in a week loss
>>
>>48573431

>Work trip
>A week
>No WiFi

Sounds pretty retarded mate.
>>
>>48573484
Philippines are a shit place mate, but the company has an office there and someone needs to teach people how to not be idiots.
>>
>>48573484
>not working the whole day
>not wanting to go shopping and see the city
>better play some shitty game on my laptop

Yea, I always travel around to play Bloodbowl from my laptop instead of sightseeing, so much more fun right guys?
>>
>>48573511
>>48573512

Good job guys, you did it.
>>
Fuck it, Just give everyone in rookies a loss for round six. Just make every single one of them a loss
>>
>>48573562
Yea, also ban Tooby for rigging, Penis13 for shit memes, IC for not scheduling and all of the shit players from rookies

MAKE
LEAGUE
GREAT
AGAIN
>>
A suggestion for next season:

Separate playoffs. Have a rookie specific playoff and a vet one. Maybe with a grudge match between the winners, but that's optional. Let vets be whatever TV they want, they'll get trimmed eventually.
>>
>>48573562
Round 6 still isn't over for vets.
>>
>>48573633
deadline should be tomorrow, Mauled has to enforce time there or else his threats about rookie deadline are void imo
>>
>>48573613
nothing wrong with having the top of rookies have to play established teams.
>>
>>48573890
Nothing wrong with making the top of junior baseball play the current may league team.
>>
>>48573939
*major
phone posting is an art which I have yet to master.
>>
>>48573939
Its a good experience honestly, happens for practice more often than you'd think. This is bloodbowl you take your licks for a game and keep playing your team, or you retire it, just how it goes.
>>
>>48573890

But no matter how you seed they will be heavily disadvantaged against the vet teams, and I'd rather we didn't have two teams in the playoffs that are almost considered free wins.
>>
>>48574047
Why make them face the 2 best teams though? The way we had it before was way better.
>>
>>48574057
We had a win from rookie Proelves last season, and none of the rookie losses were blowouts.
>>
>>48574176
That is because Quinze choked harder than anyone could imagine, but point taken.
>>
>>48574150
Where the best team gets the chance to play rookies twice? Id rather see the possibility of an all rookie finals no matter how unlikely. And look at some of the rookies who moved to vets this season, Avantar and Roflcopter were both showing somewhat unimpressive opening seasons but are 3rd and 6th seed respectively now.
>>
>>48574176
Rookies had a good chance in S3, unfortunately Logics happened.
>>
>>48574230
More like Tooby did stupid shit
>>
>>48574497

Logics only won his first game due to lucking out though.
>>
>>48574497
I'll have you know, it was perfectly sensible shit at the time.
>>
As a team that went from rookies to vets. It wasn't that bad. Of course I got back to back goblins for team building.

Vets is fine, but as teams get to the 1800+ tv range games will get one sided.

Rookies don't belong in vet playoffs. There are enough teams for 2 playoffs. That should not matter this season. This season is what it is.

Cash on hand should be taken into account for rookies. A team should be over 1300 tv after 1 game because they saved money to buy an extra players....

A third super tier/division wouldn't have enough teams, or be fun.

Now quit bitching. This league is the best league on fumbbl.
>>
>>48574592

Don't take the thread too seriously, most people are just shitposting.
>>
>>48574592
>>48574676
A separate playoffs for rookies isn't the worst idea.
>>
>>48574719
seconding this, might think about that for season 5 if we still have enough people in both leagues
>>
>>48574676
Not taking threads seriously led to the bullying incident.

Taking threads seriously seems like better option.
>>
>>48574592
Shouldn't * stupid phone keyboard.

Teams in a 1200 tv cap shouldn't be exceeding 1300 because they bought extra players.
>>
what's a good name for a slann team
>>
>>48575077
something something meme frog
>>
>>48575077
dem boizz
crispy croakers
let it ribbit
>>
>>48575077
>>48575179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6K7waag5Q
>>
>>48575077
It's not easy being green.
>>
>>48575077
Leaping leprosy
>>
>>48575077
Zika
>>
had a friend get 3 badly hurt 5 KO'd as welves vs my orcs. he tells me that's unwinnable and concedes before i score on turn 8. no inducements

is he right? if i had scored it wouldve been 1-1
>>
>>48575658

Your friend is a faggot, that was perfectly winnable.
>>
>>48575658

Yea, crap way to end the half but he was up a point and KO rolls would've gotten him a couple elves back at least.

5 or 6 players for a drive with wood elves is doable, especially if he's still got at least one of the war dancers. Try and get it to turn 4 before you score, get the rest of your KOs back, screen stall or steal the ball to finish the game.
>>
So, the guy who wrote 1000 losses told me on fumbbl that Necro is a better team or easier to play than Undead
>>
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=877851
Ogres vs nurgle in first rookie round 6 match
>>
>>48577523
Necro is better, yeah. Undead is only better at early tv before the golems are skilled and they have both wolves
>>
>>48577779
Rain makes ag 2 cry and snot ball wins the game. Ogres end at 3-0-3 with 20 cas for and against and a surprising -2 for tie breaker. Will be proud to run them next season.
>>
>>48578759
And in a funny turn of events, drolkar gets MVP and levels up anyway despite wanting to become the first nurgle quarterback.
>>
File: Tzeentch_Changer_of_Ways.jpg (297KB, 727x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tzeentch_Changer_of_Ways.jpg
297KB, 727x1024px
i cant pick a team
i like slow and bashy
nurgle and chaos are cool but they suck at low tv or something
help bbg
>>
>>48578807
Sucking up early losses and moving on is how you play teams like nurgle.
>>
>>48578807
dwarf,orc,khemri,undead
>>
>>48578807

Just go Orc.
>>
>>48578859
at what point do nurgle players become good? are they like chaos where eventually they're better than other players or just good

>>48578867
are dwarves hard
>>
>>48578965
Nurgle gets good at 10+ games and great around 20+. They are the long haul team and should be played as such.

Dorfs are very one dimensional and revolve around smashing heads and doing the 2-1 grind like it's a Korean MMO.
>>
>>48579054
do you recommend starting with beast + 4 warriors + 2 rerolls on nurgle or something else
>>
>>48579079
I depends. Your ball carrier is the pestigor, also the only piece with more than 5 mov.
That doesn't sound big but its a huuuge difference.
but generally its 1 pest 3 warriors beast 3 rerolls cause no initial ball handling skills.
>>
>>48579079
If you are new go for more RRs, but the ideal setup is all 4 warriors and one pest then adding in the BoN if you want to run it or just shooting for 11 with rotters then fill RR. A good roster to shoot for will have at least 3 RRs, BoN, 4 Warriors, 3 Pests and then 3-5 Rotters as you see fit.
>>
>>48579155
so i should buy more pestigors as i can afford them and dump rotters? and do that early so i can skill them up?
>>
you are gonna want all 4 of your pestigors. A end nurgle team will only ever have 3 rotters on the field at the start of the game
>>
>>48578965
Dwarfs are hard until they get their first guard piece, then theyre fucking amazing
>>
>>48579188
Yes. Pest 1 should be ball handler and have sure hands at some time, pest 2 is a killer/blitzer with Clawpomb and all the good stuff, pest 3 is the backup with block mb sure hands tackle etc. Pest 3 is weaker in terms of skills but can fill quickly if needed.

>>48579234
You can't field all 4 Pests with a BoN without putting a non rotter player on the LoS so consider that if you choose to get all 4.
>>
>>48579271
I like having all 4 so I can keep one in reserve. it also depends on what team I'm up against. Elves and skaven I want all 4 of em other wise I'll get out maneuvered
>>
Why are people so upset about rounds in the rookie league? Isn't it 1 week per round? 6 rounds could take six weeks. Even if 22 teams complete all their games 2 days into the next round.
>>
>>48580741
Because some people are always playing their games near the end without scheduling it. They have no reason for this besides trying to make people mad.
>>
>>48582007
>people don't take muh autism as seriously as I do
>they must be doing it to piss me off
If you want 3 day long rounds, then schedule three day long rounds. They're scheduled to be a week long. So they may only have a game every following Sunday. Deal with it.
>>
>>48582125
>stalling the league on purpose
>doing games 1-2 days after the deadline without any consequences yet
>not scheduling because "fuck this league"

People like this should be punished
>>
>>48582225
>Stalling
Rounds are one week long, anything within that timeframe is fair game, just because you play your games fast because you've got nothing else to do doesn't mean everyone else has to do it

>1-2 days
The only team to do this repeatedly is corpo orcs. first round and round 5. First time they had the excuse of fucking up timezones, which is understandable and happens. Second time I don't know, but we've ALWAYS allowed 1-2, even 3 days of grace so people can finish their games, and this isn't the first season where this happens.

>Scheduler
There's no rule forcing people to schedule, people schedule if they want, and if you want to watch all the games, watch the replays

I don't have the data at hand right now and I don't remember the exact numbers, but I can assure you season I was the fucking longest season by a considerable margin, and if memory served well, season 4 so far has been proceeding roughly at the same pace as other seadond 2 and III, with the obvious exception being the no life vets playing real fast this season, but in my data I account for regular seasons as both rookies and vets so I don't know how much faster vets have actually been.
>>
How do you look up the dice stats for a game? I know there's a way to see how many times you rolled pushes or the frequency of pows during blocks and such.

On fumbbl, I mean.
>>
>>48582966
nvm. found it. forgot the little die roll graphic under replay isn't just a picture.
>>
What skills should you use against blodgers with ag3?

Are wrestle/tackle redundant?
>>
>>48582908
>Rounds are one week long, anything within that timeframe is fair game
everything which isn't should result in an instant loss no matter what the excuse is.

>The only team to do this repeatedly is corpo orcs
Fucking up once is bad. Fucking up twice is bullshit. Why even do that "7 days" rule when there are people constantly breaking it? If you fuck up you should take the loss. It's your fault after all.

>Second time I don't know, but we've ALWAYS allowed 1-2, even 3 days of grace so people can finish their games
This has to stop at an instant. If we grant people additional time and sometimes enforce rules people will go bananas about it. Either we enforce the rules for everyone, thus cancelling games and give out losses/draws for the sake of argument, or everyone gets their special 3 days grace period but then we can already dismiss the "1 week per round" rule as it is redundant in that scenario.

>There's no rule forcing people to schedule
There should be to minimize the odds of granting grace periods. If you can't properly schedule your game within that week and don't seem to play within it, then you should be granted a warning, following by a loss/penalty.

>season I was the fucking longest season
Season I was the first season, people had to know each other by timezones etc. That's why Season IV Vets is going so fast: People know the opponent's prefered time and TZ thus they can schedule and play their games faster.

>no life vets playing real fast this season
See above. Also, no need to call Vets "no lifer" since there are a bunch of people having a regular life AND managing to play their game within a decent timeframe.

>I don't know how much faster vets have actually been.
not that fast. Rookies are just way to slow because we already took whole weeks for our rounds and did grant certain matches a grace period behind that, which according to our rules, shouldn't fucking happen.
>>
>>48583107
In summary, we either need to enforce the "1 week rule" for everyone and not granting additional time by any means (not because you fucked up, messed up TZs and stuff, fuck you) or remove that rule completely because it has been broken so many times by now it seems like it is redundant.

Scheduling is there to keep an eye out for games which aren't likely to be played, the commisioner should contact people 1-2 days prior to deadline who haven't scheduled yet to ensure they get their shit done within that week. Scheduling makes this easier because he can see when people are matched.

Just my 2 eurocents.
>>
>>48575077
green gooie genitals
>>
>>48579271
>>48579693
Eh, nurgle is so bloated as fuck there isn't a reason not to carry all 4 pests.

You can easily field 3 pests, the bon, and all 4 warriors and have 3 Rotters on the Los. Just keep your sure hands pest on the bench on defense.

If you wanna go full kill team, don't put the beast on your roster
>>
>>48575077
Hopper did nothing wrong
>>
>>48583347
why wouldn't you want your bon on the los?
>>
>>48583385

Clawpomb.
>>
>>48583405
that stands for claw pile on mighty blow right? (new)
>>
>>48583419

Yes.
>>
>>48583107
>>48583125
I personally think 1-3~ days grace is fine and the comissioner should only intervene if a) one of the coaches has gone MIA or has stated he won't be able to play his game within the grace period b) it's been more than the grace period
c) one of the coaches is a repeated offender, something like 2-3 times in a row or +3~ times not necessarily in a row with shitty or no excuses

I believe we should be flexible, not being too strict but also not too lenient, treating each case on its own.

That's what I personally think, and Mauled roughly does the same, biggest reason probably being, that making concessions for games that haven't begun on FUMBBL doesn't give any SPP or money, so it's a really shitty thing to do to the poor guy who was unlucky in being matched with someone who for whatever reason isn't able to get his game in a timely manner.

And no one has consistently exploited this, I don't consider Corpo Orcs to be exploiting this or being a considerable impediment to the development of the league.

>scheduler
The scheduler is completely irrelevant, two coaches can agree on a date and time for a match through PMs without the use of it, the scheduler is just there to let other people know when are they playing their match, and the only purpose to this is so people know when it's happening so they can watch it live (not vital, and replays exist), or so other people, if possible, try not to schedule their matches at the same time (again, not vital, replays exist).

The scheduler doesn't need to be used to know if one of the coaches isn't going to be able to play his game on time, and if this is a concern, the other coach is perfectly able to PM Mauled or tell us so we know.

>Sesn 1
I don't believe everyone knows by heart everyone elses timezones, and sending a PM asking for the other guy timezone isn't more time consuming than a day, especially when you can just click on the about section of the other coach profile and see his timezone (cont)
>>
>>48583107
>>48583125
>>48583484

but then you have to ask him for his schedule so you'll have to shoot the PM anyways. And we still get new coaches on all seasons, especially rookies, and they've proceeded at normal speed.

I don't know for certain why season 1 was the slowest one, but I do believe the fact that it was played during the christmas holidays is probably one of the reasons

>Rookies and vets
Vets are the ones that have gone considerably faster. Rookies are going at normal speed, 1 round per week, add to this 3-4 grace days (unless corpo orcs aren't the only ones to play beyond the 7 day timeframe, which I don't know) which let me remind you, we've had ALL seasons and isn't new.
>>
>>48583385
Because then he is getting hit by claw pomb turn 1 or he is getting stuck on some shitty lino for 4 turns because he wasn't free to move to where he needed to be
>>
>>48583484
>I personally think 1-3~ days grace is fine
Why even have a "games have to be played within a week rule" if we do an exception for everyone? The rule is worthless if we tend to skip it for everyone and their grandparents.

>I believe we should be flexible
1 week is flexible enough. Double features, as much as hated as they are, exist and need to be done if necessary. Not playing your games because "lol I got grace period" or being tempted to do so, this might result in stalling the league in return, isn't good for either party (league commisioners and league players).

>biggest reason probably being, that making concessions for games that haven't begun on FUMBBL doesn't give any SPP or money
Of course that would be the largest problem. Thing is, we could probably get a token as a replacement (is this even possible? idk) which will concede ingame to grant at least the 2 MVPs and money to the other.

>And no one has consistently exploited this
Time will come where people will exploit this. Not yet, but if you grant them those grace periods different people will abuse this by far and slowing the league down. If this is done by different participants who share the same ideology, what do you want to do about it? It's not a repeated issue by a single player, and punishing whole groups seems bullshit.

>The scheduler doesn't need to be used to know if one of the coaches isn't going to be able to play his game on time,
We CAN use it, it would be an overall improvement so we see when stuff is going downhill after all.

>and if this is a concern, the other coach is perfectly able to PM Mauled or tell us so we know.
And there is another vunerable point. If Mauled doesn't step up in time, how will this be fixed? Mauled's just a human after all, and he won't spend his whole lifetime to this league I guess. Also, why wait until it's almost too late to intervene in time? It's better to keep track of the problem before it even becomes a major one for the league

(cont.)
>>
>>48583639

I agree, if we consistently give people grace periods we might as well increase the length of the rounds. Of course, that might not be all that bad, at least if we put it as a hard limit.
>>
>>48583484
>I don't believe everyone knows by heart everyone elses timezones
Most of the Vet coaches already played each other thus having a PM where they already talked about the timezones. Also, IRC exists where some of the Vets hang out on a regurlar basis.

>especially when you can just click on the about section of the other coach profile and see his timezone
Not everyone knows this feature.

>And we still get new coaches on all seasons, especially rookies, and they've proceeded at normal speed.
And we still have some black sheep there, you exampled Corpo for once. You could say I strawman here, but where there are good examples we always have bad once. Growing in numbers (and new players) always brings the chance of people abusing certain mecahnics in the league such as the "play within a week + grace period" thing.

>add to this 3-4 grace days
>which let me remind you, we've had ALL seasons
Just because it had been like this for about multiple seasons doesn't mean it should remain like this.

Thing is, either we enforce the 1 week rule, or we usually skip it by granting grace periods which the latter is already in charge. Mauled saying that Rookie "have to finish up until this weekend" is an unfair setup which revokes the grace periods previously granted to others over all seasons. He can't just now enforce rules which have been broke the round just before(!) the current one.

>we might as well increase the length of the rounds
People still get a grace period in longer rounds, thus resulting in a league of 10+ weeks for 6 rounds instead of 6-7 weeks.

>if we put it as a hard limit
Won't happen by far if we always grant that grace period. Just because people tend to cry about how they can't play within (probably then more than) a week because shitty reasons or fucking up the scheduler.
>>
Jeez guys, my attention span is not good enough to read all those walls of text.
>>
>>48583484

The reason the scheduler should be enforced isn't so we can watch the games, it's so we (including Mauled) know that the game will get played in time.
>>
>>48583639
>>48583712
>Why?
Because 1. shit happens and you never know when it's gonna happen to you 2. it can't be enforced every time it happens because then we'd end up with 9999 token teams 3. it doesn't hurt anyone when it occasionally happens

>Not playing your games because "lol I got grace period" or being tempted to do so
No one does this

>we could probably get a token as a replacement (is this even possible? idk) which will concede ingame to grant at least the 2 MVPs and money to the other.
As I said above, this can't be enforced unless you're okay with having a new token team every time someone even goes as far as being slightly late on their matches, thus ending up with a bunch of token teams, and that's not to mention the time you'd waste looking for a replacement coach, and the negative impact we would get from multiple people playing more than 1 teams, especially teams they probably don't care about.

Unless you can replace with a token team, start the match and concede, and then replace the token team back with the offending team, which I don't know if it's possible but maybe it is?

>Time will come where people will exploit this.
And when this happens it will be incredibly obvious that they're just being malicious and it's as easy as subbing them.

>stuff is going downhill
As I said, you don't need the scheduler to see when things are going downhill, the other coach can PM the comissioner and tell us, and we can all see when does someone play their matches and when was he last online

>Mauled
That's unrelated to this conversation, but I agree with you, backup is good

>timezones in PMs
fair point, but I still don't believe exchanging PMs significantly delays games
>>
>>48583639
>>48583712
(cont)
>Corpo
Corpo may play his matches later than others, or not schedule his matches, but as long as he gets them in time I have no issue with that, and he's been late twice, but I don't believe he's doing so maliciously considering it wasn't back to neck, and if he continues playing his matches beyond the cutoff line at a problematic rate then we deal with him, simple as that.

>trend and rules
Like we've discussed, actually enforcing this rule in a strict manner isn't, as far as we know, practical

And I don't have an issue with this either, knowing when and how to enforce rules is a virtue, rules exist to be enforced and bent when necessary. On the recent trend of ruleenforcing, you can argue that this then asks for a new rule saying 'try not to break this rule, if you occasionally break it you'll get a slap on the wrist, but if you're an active offender then you'll get a fuck on the skull.'

>those last 2 quotes
not by me lel

>>48583839
like I explained, you don't need the scheduler for this. Adding to that, some people can't know for certain when they can actually play. And again, try to enforce this.
>>
>>48584117
>it can't be enforced every time it happens because then we'd end up with 9999 token teams
of course it can be enforced. the thing with the token teams might be an issue, but this doesn't stop us from enforcing our rules. We have rules which are redundant right now, this is a status which we can't allow IMO.

>it doesn't hurt anyone when it occasionally happens
"Occasionally" can turn in "always" quickly, you won't even notice when our rounds will extend slowly because people will constantly ignore the rule because they can "occasionally" skip the week rule and get a grace period. Ignoring or even toning down problems to a "this isn't even bad!" isn't going to take us anywhere. It will increase the likelyhood of things to happen, thus enlarging the actual factor.

>having a new token team every time someone even goes as far as being slightly late on their matches
They still stay in the regular season, I never meant to ban teams who break the rules. They just lose the right to finish their game because they didn't make it in time (even if they agreed to play the games on a regular basis). Token teams then just concede the game instead of playing it. Of course this is a rather rough idea and can be polished, but as I said, just my 2 eurocents right now.

>and the negative impact we would get from multiple people playing more than 1 teams, especially teams they probably don't care about.
Never said those token teams have to play and the regular teams being permanently replaced.

>And when this happens it will be incredibly obvious
Nope. Let's think about the following: A group of 4-5 people tend to abuse this mechanic one by one. How you figure out that those 4-5 are a malicious group? Just ban all because presumptions?

>you don't need the scheduler to see when things are going downhill
I would like to see things myself before I need to be told that something is wrong.

(cont.)
>>
>>48584256
NO, NO CONT. ENOUGH.
>>
>>48584256
People might PM the commisioner like 3 days past schedule saying "nuh-uh I dinned du nuffin enemy didn't show up", then we grant him another few days, then make the token, then play the token game.

2.5 weeks have passed, stalling the season. But that seems ok for you because people have figured it out themselves and didn't use the scheduler and stuff to show that there might be something wrong.

>That's unrelated to this conversation
It is not. We just need another one who gets the rules straight without a "sometimes yes, sometimes no" thinking. Granting extra time and then enforcing the rules is bullshit. It either one of those, not switch between them.

>but I still don't believe exchanging PMs significantly delays games
Oh, you know, some people PM you back after few days and then won't respond until it's almost too late.

>and if he continues playing his matches beyond the cutoff line at a problematic rate then we deal with him, simple as that.
He fucked up twice. TWICE. And yet you are on the edge of "yeah well that's fine as long as he intends to soft-break the rules"? No. Just no. People who fuck with the rules just need to be "friendly reminded" to don't fuck with them. Why even have rules if we treat people who break them (doesn't fucking matter if on purpose or not) like they did nothing wrong?

>rules exist to be enforced and bent when necessary
You can't have both. Either you have strict rules, or have loose guidelines which you pretend are rules.

>if you occasionally break it you'll get a slap on the wrist
Yes, people need to be taught that there are rules for a reason.

>some people can't know for certain when they can actually play
Then at least schedule your game to the end of the week to ensure that there was some kind of communication between you.

>>48584265
We can't stop the ride downhill, Johnny.
>>
Maybe if people want a grace period they should do what Boss did in the past and actually message the commissioner or post in the thread about why they need it.
>>
>someone actually wants to prove someone else wrong this badly

yall should try playing blood bowl or sth
>>
>>48584142

You actually didn't explain why it isn't necessary to use the scheduler, the point is that it's good to use it so people know that games are actually getting played and that people are actually communicating. Getting to watch the games is mostly a bonus.
>>
>>48584475
"I... uh... fucked up and didn't want to play before my opponent... so I missed deadline. Sorry guys..."

>>48584486
Not enough (cont.)
>>
>>48584508
Well obviously not every reason is good enough, but Boss (rest in peace his soul) having to deal with basement flooding deserved some extra time.
>>
>all this internet argument
>no one answers my question about blodgers
Come on.
>>
>>48584569
Those are such rare occasions that there should be special treatments ofc but fucking up twice bc you can't into timezones bc you are dumb as shit or something is not an excuse
>>
>>48584605
Sorry pal, glazed over it. It really depends on what you want to use them for! A human blitzer for example wants guard, but another one might want tackle. It really depends on what skills you already have and what race you are.
>>
>>48583064
Tackle is a good choice if you can tie them to your tackle player.
>>
>>48584630
Oh shit I thought you said put on them. Wrestle > Block and Tackle > Dodge. You can also just roll 6s with a high st frenzy player or use Diving tackle to try and make them not want to dodge away.
>>
>>48584256
>token teams might be an issue, but this doesn't stop us from enforcing our rules.
at what cost? (if they're token sub teams, if it's the token concede option then the 9999 token team points is void)

>"Occasionally" can turn in "always" quickly
It hasn't, and it won't, and if it does it will be deal with

>They still stay in the regular season
then this is a possible solution, but beyond this point we enter the 'strict' vs 'flexible' argument, in which both of us have already argued for our points and we simply disagree, so there's not much more to this other than, if you have an issue with the way the rules are being implemented, pm Mauled the comissioner himself

>A group of 4-5 people
this will NEVER happen, it's already a HORRIBLE time investment for one person to commit to 6 weeks, a minimum of 45 minutes each week, and pretending you're just another normal regular user, just to be a devilish ruse master madman of time wasting and absolute chaos, stalling once or twice, thrice if you have 'DAMAGED' tattoed on your forehead, all this for shit and giggles and le ebin troll.

2 madmen like this would already be rare enough, 4-5 absolute coordinated madmen will happen when pigs fly, and mankind doesn't plan for the time when pigs begin to fly.

The truth is if someone wants to be an asshole, he'll just join the league and then suddenly disappear after arranging a match with his opponent or some shit like that

>I would like to see things myself before I need to be told that something is wrong.
Then you can just look at when was the last time the suspected talibans were online, if they're not dead you can rest assured, and if they're dead you can ask

>PM the commisioner like 3 days past schedule
If a coach finds himself with an opponent who has just disappeared or can't schedule a match, he'll PM mauled much much earlier, and if it's because his opponent didn't show up, the other dude will be is probably MIA and can be subbed away.

(cunt)
>>
>>48583064

Most of the time you're not gonna need more than two tackle players. Having one of them be a lino with wrestle is a pretty good idea.
>>
>>48584256
>2.5 weeks have passed stalling
Wrong, from where did you pull this bullshit? A season has 6 rounds, each round has 7 days to be completed. That means, a season has 42 'legal' days to be completed. It's been 38 days since season 4 started, that means, including today, that we have 5 days left to 'legally' complete rookies, and there's only 7 matches left.

We're still running on time, rookies haven't slowed down to a fucking dramatic halt, and 2.5 weeks haven't passed stalling, unless you consider days without games stalling, which is a stupid measure

>We just need another one who gets the rules straight
Look, I agre with you that another manager would be good, but two managers with conflicting ideas will only lead to even more infighting, drama, and stupid shit, and it is irrelevant

>Oh, you know, some people PM you back after few days and then won't respond until it's almost too late.
Ok, give me examples of all these people because this has NEVER happened to me

>He fucked up twice. TWICE.
ooh no we have to wait 3-4 days more what will we ever do mauled shut the league down rookies biggest mistake ever

>You can't have both.
Yes you can, but see above, this discussion isn't going anywhere

>Then at least schedule your game to the end of the week to ensure that there was some kind of communication between you.
that's a pretty stupid suggestion, that accomplishes nothing and if someone wants to be a cunt he'll get away with it anyways. See above on how to 'keep up with coaches'

>>48584501
I already did >>48583484 and again, see above on how to 'keep up with coaches'
>>
>>48583064
Wrestle is a skill for St 2 players or for ag teams. Most players on bash teams just take tackle.
>>
>>48584753
>>48584744
>>48584339
>>48584256
>>48584142
>>48584117
>>48583712
>>48583639
>>48583484
>>48583107
>>48582908
>all this quote/text
What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>48584753

That really doesn't have anything to do with my reasons why the scheduler is good, but you do you I guess.
>>
We're not really in a mess at all and I think some >>48584256 are starting to lose perspective on what the /tg/ League, Blood Bowl and FUMBBL are there for. Fun.

I'm going to row back though. Like everyone I would like the Rookies to get sorted out soon so we can have the Finals, but I will admit, a sudden arbitrary deadline isn't the answer. Still, please try to complete these games by the week as you would usually, and anyone struggling with that, let me know.

You two stuck with the work trip thing, that's a clear reason to give you a couple of days. I actually don't know who it is, so please one of you PM me.

I've given the odd nudge this season but I don't think it's been particularly slow or bottle-necked at any point. I'd suggest involving yourself with other FUMBBL leagues or the scheduled SMACKs if you want more regular games.
>>
So how many races do you play?

Do you think new blood bowl will introduce more races into the rules? I hope it will, because it leads to more diverse play and makes me feel less bad about playing multiple races
>>
>>48585088
FACT: If you only play a single race, you are faggot.
>>
>>48585149
That's like bitching that chick fil a only serves chicken and not the 100 things McDonald's does.

It's better to do 1 thing well than 24 things poorly
>>
>>48585442
>24
>not 91
Come play secret league, free yourself of the idea that you are good.
>>
>>48585442
It is more like bitching someone in your rpg group only ever plays fighters in d&d.
>>
>>48585088

1. You can play one race and get good
2. You can play all the races that fit your "style" and be decent
3. You can play all teams and ascend into god hood after an autistic number of games played
>>
>>48585442

>implying chick fil-a has good chicken
>>
>>48584843
If you don't make a rule for playing to win then you are full of shit. We already had a coach tie a game to have better chances at winning later and all you said was "lel nuffle will do it"
>>
>>48584744
>>48584753
I give up, we won't get anywhere with this. You misread multiple parts of the post, some parts where examples where your "hug hug rules" could go wrong. And they will. Someday. Trust me, if there is room to abuse stuff, there will always be people to do so.

>>48584843
>/tg/ League, Blood Bowl and FUMBBL are there for. Fun.
Letting the tryhards in Rookie compete like this is "serious business" and tie on purpose to avoid certain opponents has nothing to do with fun, Mauled.
>>
>>48586049
>tryhards in Rookie
I meant Vets, sorry.
>>
File: 65cc5dcda6b980f595b438ad91965cd8.jpg (103KB, 736x1036px) Image search: [Google]
65cc5dcda6b980f595b438ad91965cd8.jpg
103KB, 736x1036px
What race is the HARDEST to play while still being GOOD?
>>
>>48585955
The pussy Bullshit tooby did is 100% in the spirit of the rules

You are bitching about a game where people cheat by using a chain saw is being defiled by someone fixing matches?
>>
>>48586202
Pact, it's suffering to the max until you get skills then you enter a magical christmasland where you do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>48586203
>100% in the spirit of the rules

>/tg/ league about having fun
>but tryhards are welcome
>just fuck my league up
>>
>>48586202
We have to make a chart between good races and difficult to play races. Like a 2 axis chart. For instance, humans are easy to play, but are a shit race. Or how high elves are easier to play than wood elves, but wood elves are a better race
>>
Ah shit, serious discussions.

>1 week per round enforcement
I believe everyone deserves a few days of extra time if they provide a decent reason. I trust Mauled enough to leave the specifics at his discretion.

>Waa the rookies who move to vets are too behind in TV and get shit on
Fuck off penis13. We know its you because you're the only one for whom this happened and who is a tryhard enough to care.
Perhaps your perception of your skill level just doesn't match reality.

I would actually prefer if rookies cutoff was at 1100TV (or maybe straight up 1 season per team). The problem of unfair matchups disappears after the first game thanks to swiss system. Especially if there are multiple underpowered team who can compete at the bottom.
The only question then is who gets picked for playoffs. The veteran league gets tougher every season, increasing the incentive to compete against easier opponents for fewer slots.
>>
>>48586360
Fuck you, I wasn't even part of that discussion. I don't think there is enough players to have multiple leagues. If anything I would want to lower the top TV in the rookies or put a cap on the cash they have like dash said because I think it is unfair to the new teams to be going up against a TV 1300 team right off the bat
>>
>>48586405
Kek, this is what bad reputation does. Whenever someone posts shitty ideas, people assume its you.
Ah well, i hope the other guy who actually posted that is insulted enough just by being mistaken for you.
>>
Ok, I want to make some points

One week is clearly not enough for some coaches, multiple coaches already demanded a longer league by getting 1.5 or even 2 weeks to settle. I want that to, I don't want to game every weekend and be forced to play there.

The whole rule debate is nonsense. We don't need rules since the /tg/ league is for fun. Even if you want to leave, you can just leave mid season and return later under a new coach name next season right? And no rule like >>48585955 said, that is shit. All I want is fun, maybe I get fun by trying to tie?

Also, we need more rounds and a new system. I prefer the reddit system where we split into timezones so I don't have to play too late in the evening or mid day against my opponent. Also please think of a robin round system for the split league. Also split the regional leagues into 200TV range sub leagues to make them fair. We don't need playoff btw, those suck and bad players can't play while there are playoffs going.
>>
>>48586232
>2 axis
You need 3 axis, some races are better at longer leagues and some are better at shorter leagues. You'll need at least a z-axis.

x-difficulty
y-viability
z-duration

In fact, should probably be a series of lines and not just points.
>>
>>48586578
>Even if you want to leave, you can just leave mid season and return later under a new coach name next season right?

Ayy lamo
>>
>>48586578
I disagree with almost everything you said

>One week is clearly not enough for some coaches, multiple coaches already demanded a longer league by getting 1.5 or even 2 weeks to settle.
I feel like 1 week is the optimal length. Shorter rounds keeps players more engaged with the league and seasons in manageable length. If you have 1 week rounds, 6 rounds is one and a half months. With 2 week rounds it would take 3 months.

>The whole rule debate is nonsense.
I don't agree with people wanting more strict rules, but the debate is good. It is better do discuss things than just assume that things should never change.

>Also, we need more rounds and a new system. I prefer the reddit system where we split into timezones ... Also split the regional leagues into 200TV range sub leagues to make them fair.

That would require a lot bigger league than we have. Also, I don't want to be constantly playing same opponents.

>We don't need playoff btw, those suck and bad players can't play while there are playoffs going.

We need playoffs. They are the way to determine who is the most lucky/farmed/skilled team. Since we have the short rounds, the playoffs are just a small break between seasons. And players can always play in other leagues.
>>
>>48586797
holy fuck stop quoting faggot

and reveal yourself you worthless shit so we can bully you
>>
>>48586852
I am different quoting faggot
>>
>>48586578
This is bait
>>
>>48586852
My name is John [/spoiler
>>
>>48586360

Have we really had that much of a problem with the rookie TV cutoff?

I know Cmonkey did great with Monkey Business this season, but he was only in rookies to begin with after a pretty mediocre season that left him with a lot of cash missing from replacing a bunch of dead players.

Maximum Marvelous Maiden didn't do great when they stayed in rookies.

Those are the only two teams we've had take advantage of the sub 1200 cutoff.
>>
>>48586989
I think it is mostly a reaction to how well cmonkey did this season than anything else
>>
MAKE /TG/ LEAGUE GREAT AGAIN

MAKE 200TV DIFF DIVISIONS!

MAKE ROUND 2 WEEKS LONG SO WE DON'T HAVE TO PLAY EARLY!

KILL PLAYOFFS TO STOP FEEDING THE HIGH FARMED TEAMS!

JOIN ME NOW! MAKE /TG/ LEAGE GREAT AGAIN!
>>
>>48586989
>Have we really had that much of a problem with the rookie TV cutoff?
Nope. Doesnt mean its not gonna happen. The cutoff is exploitable, and the smaller it is, the less exploitable it will be. I dont want the "hey imma trim my players so i can farm SPP and get to playoffs by stomping rookies" to ever be a viable option.
>>
>>48587210

>taking Cmonkey rambling about making a sub 1200 CPOMB beastman only Chaos team seriously
>>
>>48586643
Irrespective of all that, though, stunty races will pretty much always fit in at the high-difficulty end of the scale.
>>
>>48587551

The only good one is Underworld though.
>>
>>48587576
It'd be nice if we had something like cyanide's metrics accounting but with the actual rules so we could have figures to back up things being strong or not instead of pockets of self-reporting stats with varying levels of scrutiny and rules.
>>
>>48586643
Would duration be the TV of teams?
>>
>>48587934
No, that would be more along the lines of "this is how long the league is going to last".
>>
>>48587934
More or less. TV is a loose approximation of the team's ability to keep players. Also, the ability of bashy teams to kill or injure players goes up in longer leagues. So they could have a lower TV but still have better odds depending on skill availabilities and higher armor meaning less replacements and more disposable money.
>>
>>48587975
As leagues progress, TV generally goes up barring early and or lucky kills. So they can be loosely related. I wouldn't say they'll always correlate though.
>>
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=878083

Funny Team Name vs Walking Talking Fighting Walls
>>
>>48587268
I'm gonna do it fagget. Watch me!
>>
>>48587576
if you count underworld as stunty, lizards are too (and also quite good).
>>
>>48588232

I don't agree with you. Lizards are better than that.
>>
I missed when Monkey didn't talk. "lel race war, lel killing elves, lel I'm too good"
>>
>>48588403
Sadly, nobody can recall the times when you were not a huge pussy faggot
>>
>>48586405
>I don't think there is enough players to have multiple leagues

We have got a FUCKTON of players.

36 currently. Most leagues on fumbbl would kill for those numbers of active players.

WIL runs divisions of 10. SWL runs divisions of 8. OBBA runs divisions of 8. Those are probably the biggest, best and longest running leagues out there. Just about every other big league that runs a league rather than straight tourney format runs 8-10 team divisions.

We are long overdue recognising the need for sub divisions.
>>
>>48588545
We already have 2 divisions you dipshit.
>>
>>48588545

Thing is, we already split the players between rookies and vets. Splitting up groups of 18 isn't the worst idea, but it's hardly needed.
>>
>>48588403
>not wanting a race war
>not wanting to remove rats
>>
File: c2004usp0947-00.jpg (77KB, 952x1200px) Image search: [Google]
c2004usp0947-00.jpg
77KB, 952x1200px
>>48586202
Pro Elves. The most unforgiving on bad coaching. As good as anything when coached well.
>>
>>48588617
>>48588626
you people can't be this retarded
>>
Funny Team Name vs Walking Talking Fighting Walls

ends 2-1 in favor of the dwarfs
>>
Now I am praying for a draw between the Nerds and the Lizards. But at least I didn't get that fucking 2/2/2 record.

Also, victory theme just because:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FtmyKKYXNI
>>
>>48588676

Great argument! Your well-delivered points and logical conclusions really make you a paragon of humanity!
>>
>>48588767
At least use a good, non retarded wall themed song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8cELTdtw6U
>>
>>48588767
>>48588842
You both are wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPfa5VuTVN4
>>
>>48588639
I still can't decide whether I like the models or not.
>>
>>48589766
Kinda meh. An elf team should have the feeling of motion to their peices, and not the same motion(catchers). 80s hair is good, masks are good. Poses are stilted.
>>
>fumbbl costs $100-150 per month to run
>christer pays $20-30 a month because all the players are jews who won't donate
>>
can anyone explain the differences between how each of the elf teams play?
>>
>>48590293
Ok basically Wood elves are super fragile, but can use leap to jump into cages on a 3+ and then knock the ball out with strip ball and take it down the field the same turn.

Dark Elves need to have a running game because 4 blitzers and no ma 8, but have witch elves so they rule the side lines, surf very well, and are amazing at positioning with blodge sidestep.

Pro elf catchers have nerves of steel so they can throw and catch in tackle zones without giving a fuck and exist based on pure bullshit alone

high elves are shit
>>
>>48590364
how hard are delves? is it viable to start with a witch elf with them
>>
>>48590402
Easiest elves for a new player to start with.

The best starting roster for dark elves is

4 Blitzer
1 Runner
6 Lineman
2 Rerolls
Total 1,000k

But

1 Witch Elf
3 Blitzers
7 Lineman
2 Rerolls
Total 1,000k

Can work, but is not recommended for new coaches
>>
>>48590402
Dark elfs are easy to play.
You can start with a witch elf if you go 3 blitzers and 1 witch and 7 lineman. Although keep in mind witches have frenzy and no block and are av 7.
>>
>>48590364
>High elves are shit

Here we go again with the retarded opinions
>>
>>48590598
Tooby won't listen to argue.
>>
i've played literally only skaven for like 3 years
which team do i play for 3 years now
>>
>>48591803
Underworld.
>>
>>48591803
Orges
>>
>>48591803

Wood Elves.
>>
>>48591818
>>48591819
>>48591848
gross

who do yall think i am
>>
>>48591860
Chaos Pact. Bring one of your surviving linerats along as well.
>>
>>48591803
join the chaos alliance
>>
>>48591860

A faggot who's been playing furry elves for three years?
>>
>>48591896
maybe
i like low TVs

>>48591899
theyre cool though suck my dick
>>
>>48591803
never turn your back on speed
continue to master skaven
>>
>>48591860
>>48591803
Dorfs, gotta go slow
>>
>>48591966
dwarves are pretty cool mechanically but theyre so ugly
>>
What if human blitzers were 0-6 and cost 80K?
>>
Lol3 has said Azrael isn't getting back to him, give him the victory Mauled.
>>
>>48592993

It would make humans very strong.
>>
>>48593219

Crab said you're an ass, ban him for bullying.
>>
>>48593223
UUUU
>>
>>48593219
What? Az literally played today
>>
>>48593385
Then ayylmaol3 has something to discuss with Mauled.
>>
>>48593405
If Az is dodging the match he is doing it on purpose. He played a whole match so he was on for at least and hour and didnt so much as send a pm or >>48593219
is full of shit
>>
>>48590402
I would not start with a Witch Elf if you are an elf beginner or a beginner coach.

The key thing that most beginner coaches underestimate is the importance of AV, especially how fragile an AV7 player is compared to an AV8 player. AV7 gives you a 41% chance of an armour break on a trip or hit, whereas AV8 is a much more forgiving 27%.

If your Witch trips on a GFI or dodge, or gets hit, that's a 40% chance of her going out for at least one extra turn (or going off the pitch altogether to a KO or injury).

The other problem is that Frenzy can often get you into big trouble since you are forced to follow up regardless of the result, and often following up a push can lead you into a situation where you are throwing a -2d block.
>>
>>48590293
>>48590364
High elves are the "long term" elf team - they get 4 Catchers with an amazing 8-3-4-7 statline, the same as Pro Elves, but get linemen and blitzers with AV8 that are much more reliable at protecting them.

They trade the starting skills of Pro Elves for better AV, but getting to the long term with elves is still a dicey proposition.
>>
>>48594109
In general if you are playing a team with AV7 players ( and this shit can't be helped if the whole teams is av7 like norse or zons) you want to hid the av7 player behind your av8+ players so they don't take blitzes.

You will see a lot of players, especially on defense, either hiding av7 players on the bench (humans do this with their catchers, Skaven often will hide one gutter runner on the bench on defense, and Undead and Necro coaches will commonly hide their sure hands ghoul on the bench).

The other thing is that gutter runners, war dancers, skinks, ghouls, witch elves ect will always be hidden behind of screen of linemen when on defense. Like use the to blitz then get them the fuck behind some linos so that they don't get raped
>>
>>48594165
I don't know many high elf teams that run with 4 catchers or even get to that point. They have av7 and start with 0 skills so they are pretty shitty until you have at least 16 spp on them and it is a bitch to try to have to screen off that many dudes.

I think I'd still rather have a tv 2000 dark elf or wood elf team than a 2000 tv high elf team. And dark elves are really expensive, it is just you can play them without the witches or the runners and be somewhat ok because of those 4 blitzers. Playing high elves without the catchers is like shit nigger what are you doing and pro elves explode like rats
>>
File: 27777193643_2e09f1a4c7_b[1].jpg (204KB, 1024x607px) Image search: [Google]
27777193643_2e09f1a4c7_b[1].jpg
204KB, 1024x607px
>>
File: skaven-blood-bowl-team-3[1].jpg (93KB, 800x411px) Image search: [Google]
skaven-blood-bowl-team-3[1].jpg
93KB, 800x411px
>>
If you're playing an AG4 team against a bash team...

Is there ever much of a reason to leave any of your players marked at the end of your turn? So long as failing a dodge doesn't mean leaving a hole to be exploited?
>>
>>48596197
Only if you have a blodgestep piece on an unskilled piece that would be useful if moved elsewhere or leaving the LoS lino on a big guy so he can't do anything.
>>
>>48596197
Sometimes you dont want the opposing player to be able to move. Maybe that player is in blitz range of your ball carrier, or maybe he has guard and can provide assists in an important area.
Sure, ideally you just dodge out and stand in his way 1 square away, but often that option requires multiple dodges into tackle zones, which is worse than just standing there.

Being able to correctly decide when to screen and when to mark is a major part of being gud with elf teams.
>>
File: rats.png (385KB, 562x630px) Image search: [Google]
rats.png
385KB, 562x630px
bumpan [spoilers]&grindan[/spoilers]
>>
>>48598375
L E W D
>>
>>48596197
>failing a dodge

Keep in mind that a dodge is always a flat 1/6 chance to fail - expect them to fail regularly if you're making 6 dodges or more a turn. The other important thing to note is that failing a dodge results in an armour roll - even if you have no gap in your defence, having an elf fail a dodge and get stunned or worse can screw you for the next turn.

The other important thing to note is that keeping a player based eats up actions (the other team is forced to block *or* move, and cannot do so freely with both), which may not allow as many players to break free as they would have otherwise. Secondly, every block you force out of the other player means another chance of rolling skulls - yes, your elf will take a hit, but some of the risk is distributed to the other coach rather than all on you (as would be the case if you were dodging).
>>
>>48598876
>yes, the odds are greatly stacked in your favor to dodge away
>but think of the possibility of the enemy to roll double skulls!
You're either stupid or intentionally giving horrible advice.
>>
>>48599153
blood bowl is a pitiless game
>>
>check scheduler
>skaven vs lizards at 6969-09-11

Mauled will probably defend this because grace periods are __________________fun________________ :^)
>>
>>48600174

>not waiting until the heat death of the universe to play Blood Bowl

Casuals.
>>
>>48600174
get triggered fag
>>
>>48600301
So the guy who wrote the 1000 losses book told me I should take a troll on an orc team.

Bet you all feel really stupid right now for talking shit about mauled

Granted that guy doesn't take flesh Golems on Necro for some reason
>>
>>48600883
Literally who?
>>
>>48600883
The Orc Troll is still bad and you still want Flesh Golems.
>>
>>48601064
Literally the billion page long manifesto that people tell you to read to get good that I've never actually bothered to read beyond the beginning
>>
>>48601325
Well that tells me the guy got a good chunk of his losses from building bad teams then.
>>
>>48599153
The far more important point is not rolling the skulls, but eating up the action of the marked player.
>>
Next game of the Mistake League coming up in ten minutes, Cheesecake vs Heckhounds coming to a channel near you!
>>
>>48602956
But Stunty isn't running right now.
>>
>>48603268
Don't be silly, Season 4 Rookies is the mistake league!
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=878344
>>
File: 1442714308175.gif (834KB, 782x452px) Image search: [Google]
1442714308175.gif
834KB, 782x452px
>>
>>48603624
holy shit that's brilliant
>>
>>48603624
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7upgaUAcjbc
>>
>>48603624
hahaha
>>
>>48603624
Centuries from now bb coaches will look at this game as the first instance of the famous "sudoku" play being made
>>
>not seeding the playoffs by score/tiebreak regardless of division
>>
>>48603829
I'd rather not see a billion more posts on vets getting ez draws vs. rookies and rigged matchups.
>>
>>48603956
Vets get ez matches v rookies and the others rig.
>>
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28120&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
dice are live my nigglers
>>
which team do i play if i hate my opponent and want to see them suffer
>>
>>48604293
dorfs, guard chaos.
>>
File: LOGOBUENONECRO.png (35KB, 380x379px) Image search: [Google]
LOGOBUENONECRO.png
35KB, 380x379px
Like my new logo for my necros lads?

>>48604131
I order the black opaque set.
>>
>>48604293
Nurgle is painful too
>>
>>48604293
Nurgle. They are only good at killing.. lose the first half taking people out... win2-1
>>
>tfw you give a chorf team 4 journey hobgoblins
>>
Nurgle teamname ideas? I'm shit at naming teams
>>
>>48607663
all my team names are just the names of bands i like
im not into the whole punny team shit
>>
TA League game
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=878479
>>
>>48607663
Sanitation workers. The job title in 11 languages. Team name: Garbage Day
>>
which team do i play if i just want to win as hard as possible as often as possible
>>
>>48607663
The Chosen People, and name each player something like Rosenberg or Goldstine
>>
>>48608184
Stop asking these retarded questions and just get fucking good already.
>>
>>48608184
Wood Elves
>>
>>48608211
suck my cock
>>
>>48608211
>>48608524
stop fighting please
>>
Thread is dead, but I got quints on another board
>>
>>48609842
grats
>>
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=878502
>>
dead
>>
File: HATE.jpg (273KB, 1410x462px) Image search: [Google]
HATE.jpg
273KB, 1410x462px
HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.
>>
>>48613419
Get fucked AM
>>
i think its hilarious u kids talk shit about crab. u wouldnt say this shit to him irl, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol
>>
>>48615650
t. crab
>>
>>48613419
get buttblasted bitch
>>
>can't play khorne in bb2
>khorne sucks in bbce
>regular chaos shit at low tv

life is pain
>>
>>48618410

Play FUMBBL.
>>
dead bowl
>>
So the final round of vets began on 2016-07-24 . Why the fuck has the last game not been played or forced?
>>
>>48620717
They wait for rookies anyway.
>>
>>48604131
fuck just posted in the thread. i just want the standard dice you can see when you play the game, i dont really get why you want the red or white ones.

lets hope i was not to late
>>
>>48620717
Grace Perioud extended to 7 days in favor of the Vets finishing so fast and I being someone who likes fun and not rule enforcement.

t. Mauled
>>
>Avantar is hungry for black blocks.
>>
>>48620957
Still being this salty about losing.
Gee, I wonder who might this be?
>>
>>48621536
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3816364
>>
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=878694

FINAL GAME OF VETS
>>
>>48622056
Can Azrael beat a fresh team this time?
>>
>>48622056
SALT OVERLOAD
>>
filename related

this is legit and fun right guys? nothing against it in rules since we don't need to cover such things am I right? :^)
>>
File: lol3shit.png (18KB, 581x348px) Image search: [Google]
lol3shit.png
18KB, 581x348px
>>48623046
Nice replacement Mauled! Nuffle will sort it out amirite?
>>
>>48623065
I-it's okay, I wasn't being serious anyway, m-memes XD amirite?
>>
File: salty_salty_frog_tears.jpg (21KB, 367x138px) Image search: [Google]
salty_salty_frog_tears.jpg
21KB, 367x138px
>>48623046
as a bonus, the chat

>>48623065
10/10 I vote for coach of the season

Mauled will probably defend this
>>
File: we_did_it_reddit.jpg (36KB, 638x142px) Image search: [Google]
we_did_it_reddit.jpg
36KB, 638x142px
LET THE SHITPOSTING BEGIN LADS
>>
>>48623046
>>48623065
>>48623089
>>48623144

pretty sad
but good riddance
>>
One more and I get a level!
>>
Dude already had the worst attitude in the league.

Yes, worse than ayy, because ayy didn't try to be smug when he pussied out.
>>
File: Meanwhile....png (327KB, 580x355px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile....png
327KB, 580x355px
Meanwhile...
>>
>>48623287
Do you have a skill planned?
>>
>>48623460
I hope for mighty blow so he can kill even more scrubs
>>
>>48623460
Gotta take Pro.
>>
>>48623089
Lulz. What an asshat. GtFO.
>>
>>48623046
i couldn't watch the game, is there a reason he conceded? or did he just sperg out
>>
>>48623817
see >>48623065
also he choked because of "n-n-no bully p-pls" and shittalked before >>48623089

so, the latter. he's just an asshole in the end and a shit coach after all.
>>
Need new thread.
>>
New thread over here

>>48625120
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.