[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the setting is a carefree utopia >everyone gets along

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 26

File: RibbonWhat.jpg (47KB, 296x341px) Image search: [Google]
RibbonWhat.jpg
47KB, 296x341px
>the setting is a carefree utopia
>everyone gets along
>no crime, no enemies, no worries

What exactly are you supposed to do here?
>>
File: Relax Nigga.gif (997KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Relax Nigga.gif
997KB, 500x700px
>>48492633
>>
>>48492633
Have fun adventures with your friends! I hear a ghost haunts the old town hall ever since they moved to the new building. Let's check it out!
>>
Be the only (and therefore greatest) villains, of course!
>>
Kinky sex

Commence ERP.
>>
File: here to save gameindustri.png (798KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
here to save gameindustri.png
798KB, 700x900px
>>48492633
Ruin it.
>>
>>48492659
>>48492665
Both are valid options OP.

Get creative.
>>
>>48492633
You ever read Brave New World?
A utopia is, for lack of a better word, boring and pointless.
You play the people who've realised this, and now must do whatever it takes to destroy as much as possible, so that people can truly *live*
>>
File: 5465151545124514.jpg (64KB, 660x320px) Image search: [Google]
5465151545124514.jpg
64KB, 660x320px
Or is it a care free utopia OP?

Maybe its just some brave new world shit
>>
>>48492659
That actually does sound fun.
>>
>>48492633
The things you can do in a utopia setting:

1: slice of life and drama in relationships
2: border pacification, where utopia meets everyone wanting what utopia has. It's not a utopia for you, of course.
3: toppling utopia, because you're an asshole
4: wacky exploration adventures

You can probably tie 4 into 2. But those are the main utopia plots.
>>
Yeah there are a lot of opportunities for neutral characters in such a setting. Just abusing the kindness of others for personal benefit, maybe subverting the local government to create an arm's race. I dunno. It's like a big blank slate of potential.
>>
>>48492633
I actually just asked a similar question in another thread. My group usually runs hyper-gorey grimdark games that look like they'd make good covers for death-metal bands. But I think we wanted a break from that.

Now I'm looking in to running a light, combat free "slice of life" game, where the players are just villagers in a small town in rural Japan.

I just need ideas for events and "quests" and such.
>>
>>48492766
Steal Mushishi wholesale.
It's not strictly slice-of-life, but it's tranquil as all hell.
>>
>>48492659
You. I like you.
>>
>>48492711
>5. Try and introduce Rock and Roll music
>>
>>48492633
Seek mastery of a craft or skill and dedicate your life to it.
Meditate and contemplate the deepest mysteries of life.
Travel the globe learning about and documenting different cultures.
Dedicate your life to the pursuit of knowledge and science, build yourself a lab and expand the limits of human achievement.
Better the community around you via a lifetime of politics and charity work.
Start an institute of learning and elevate your entire culture, make it your life's work to spread literacy to the masses.

or you could be an edgy fuck

become an all out hedonist and corrupt the populace into ruin
start a gang and extort the weak and peaceful populace to further your own personal wealth
become a warlord and create the conflict.

This is easy stuff guys.
>>
>>48492766
There's a bunch of stuff in golden sky stories you can pull out.
>>
>>48492633
Be the bad guy you dumbass.
>>
>>48492633
Protect it
>>
File: Red_Skull_WAR.gif (117KB, 200x185px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Skull_WAR.gif
117KB, 200x185px
>>48492633
That's when you BECOME the worry, anon.
>>
>>48492633
Become twitchy and irrational over worry that your GM will drop an apocalypse on you while the rest of the party has fun?
That's what I would do at least.
>>
>>48492633
Why are you playing Blue Rose?
>>
>>48492965
>Just read the free demo

Holy shit! I didn't know this existed! I'm going to run this shit immediately!

Are there other games like this? You may have just opened my eyes to a whole new genre of RPGs.
>>
>>48492927
That's just 3 again.
>>
Transdimensional adventures in planar cartography, that multiverse isn't going to map itself.
>>
File: 1464586528451.jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1464586528451.jpg
62KB, 428x410px
>>48492665
>>48492674
>>48492937
>>48493330
>Everything is targets
what's the problem again, anon?
>>
Ruin it and remake it in your own image? Duh.
>>
>>48493437
What the shit is that to the right in the background?
>>
>>48492633

Have you not seen Demolition Man? You either start a crime ring, or you take over.
>>
>>48494188
dont worry about it anon.
>>
>>48494188
That's ___me

;_;
>>
>>48492633
ERP. Play GSS. Cause havoc. Save the world from stagnating into a boneyard. Uncover the truth behind the idyllic facade. I dunno man, have you tried thinking?
>>
>>48493637
Ryuutama is kinda similar. There's also MAID I guess?
>>
File: Don Broxote.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Don Broxote.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
>>48492633
Fuck shit up, fampai. Become the petty evil you want to see in the world.
>>
>>48493437
>>48494188
theres also the irisu syndrome-esque eyes behind the guy
>>
>>48493637
I can post the full book in a little bit
>>
File: tenshi finger_1.jpg (26KB, 508x379px) Image search: [Google]
tenshi finger_1.jpg
26KB, 508x379px
>>48492633

Fuck shit up because it's boring and because you can!
>>
>>48492633
Break it.
>>
>>48494471
I want to smack Tenshi sexually
>>
File: 1367376452329.gif (40KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1367376452329.gif
40KB, 501x585px
>>48492633
Get in a decadent lifestyle and convince others to do the same.
>>
>>48494188

The korean comic is about a completely unlikable MC who is given a perfect world, and the only way he can express himself is to destroy it. That face is the evil within him, and he IS evil.
>>
>>48494469
I would appreciate that, actually.

And if it's good, I'll probably even purchase a copy.
>>
>>48492633
Wreck it.
>>
File: tenshi get real!_1.png (175KB, 311x302px) Image search: [Google]
tenshi get real!_1.png
175KB, 311x302px
>>48494505

I want to smack you violently!
>>
>>48492633
Take over.
>>
>>48492633
Find out why that is.

But then again we're talking about your setting, so all discussion is moot.

DEPENDS ON THE SETTING.
>>
>>48492633
Do sports or racing or something, maybe? Getting along doesn't preclude competition, and rivals and enemies are two different things, so there can still be tension and drama and whatnot.
>>
>>48493437
That sick fuck.

It was a literal utopia and then he murdered fuckers and murdered the friendly seal dog things for meat. Then fed them to the elves unawares. he then uses the promise of meat to make the elf girls have sex with him alone in a mongamous relationship. The elves were before this floated from mate to mate. Dude had the male elves start killing eachotehr just so they could get some poon
>>
>>48492633
You discover a tome from ages past. It speaks of a great disaster that tore the skies and sank the great capitol, plunging the lands into an everlasting drought. Your village is right next to that site.
There are rumors that the truth is being hidden, that there isn't the surplus of food that the government has been advertising. At some point, the easy life could end. What then? Will you migrate on a suspicion?
It's still a utopia, but it's distinctly less grand as it was before. Will it continue to slip?
The emperor decides that it is now time to do something daring, like challenge the gods, or ascend beyond the heavens and into the stars beyond.

There are plenty of golden ages in human history. Go study why they ended.
>>
>>48492633
Check for signs of all this being just an illusion, i.e. whacky physics, mirrors don't work, people won't look you in the eyes, etc.
If that's not the case, perhaps check politics, maybe there's a coup d'etat planned.
>>
>>48492633
> get bitten by an extinct type of critter on a beautiful day
> start noticing little things: smiles seem artificial, food seems more bland, friendly authorities speak with hiden threats
> slowly, hint for little hint, discover the swamp of drugs, manipulation and cleansing that keeps the population appeased and docile while dodging the authority's cold, hard eyes set in smiling faces
> flee Utopia, learn the ways of the world, which are cruel in their own right
> ultimately have to decide if you want to bring Utopia down or if the people are better off ignorant and mind-controlled than exposed to the real world
> all while wondering if that critter bite just counteracted the drugs and opened your eyes, or if you're tripping and/or dying.
>>
Okay here's what you do.
1) find someone who is incredibly nice and for the most part everybody loves them.
2) find where they live.
3) find a nieghbor and kidnap them. Try for someone who isnt gonna be home for a little or wouldnt be missed right away.
4) find way to knock out really nice person without them knowing someone knocked them out. Drugs are good for this.
5) brutally murder neighbor in nice persons bedroom.
6) make mask out of nieghbors face.
7) attach mask to nice persons face.
8) put corpse in bed with nice person. Arange them in such a way that nice person is cuddling up with corpse.
9) find location to watch.
10) watch as nice person wakes up and freaks out and falls into an abyss of terror and confusion.
11) every time person goes to sleep leave the head of another victim in their house and hide the bodies around city.
12) witness results as people begin to find the bodies.
>>
>>48493678
In my mind it was 1 again.
>>
>>48492633
Dig, until you find the sickening truth behind the world's idyllic façade.

If there isn't one then at least you get a kind of Welcome to the NHK campaign.
>>
>>48492633
Fuck it all up of course. You can't see an evil campaign when it's presented to you?
>>
>>48492633
No crime? Start a merchant business, sounds fun as fuck. I'd love to deal with dwarves and setting up trade routes with weird magical trinkets used to help the business in bizarre ways.
>>
>>48492633

Become traveling musicians touring from city to city and getting into wacky hijinx
>>
File: 1454356795556.jpg (183KB, 1759x2346px) Image search: [Google]
1454356795556.jpg
183KB, 1759x2346px
>>48492633
>having this question in a post-Deep Space 9 world
Why isn't Star Trek just mandatory viewing for posting on /tg/?
>>
Figure out that it's a dystopia. Learn what's being held from you.
>>
>>48497666
>I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
>>48492633
>play evil campaign in utopia
>everyone is overly nice to you and helps you, everything is just so comfy and cute
>have to constantly pass charisma checks to maintain urge to destroy/subjugate the world
>if you fail enough your alignment changes and you become another cog in the utopia machine
That could be interesting. I mean either this, or you go into ERP/SoL shit.
>>
>>48492633
start a crime syndicate
>>
>>48497732
Yeah but star trek is trash
>>
>>48494767
>>48494469
>>48494469
>>48493637
>>48492965
Damn, I was going to post my copy but it's over 8mb.
HOWEVER I FOUND THIS IN THE ARCHIVE.
https://mega.nz/#F!55xF2SSS!pmQiV4O3es6gx-zjGhp5Cw!gogWlDAb

There's probably newer stuff in the newer version, I know there's a version with western thing in it. Go ahead and buy it if you like this one! I played a couple of games and they were sugary sweet and cuteness.

Enjoy your headpats!
>>
>>48497414
>get medical aid from drones/spirit creatures the first time this happens and are watched with sad eyes. The other guy you tried killing is revived and forgives you.
>>
>>48492633
Two options:
>A: crack open Golden Sky Stories and have a comfy game of helping people of a sleepy village with minor troubles
>B: an actually evil guy appears and starts fucking shit up with nobody able to comprehend his actions. It's pretty challenging to roleplay that mindfuck perspective though.
>>
>>48493637
>Are there other games like this? You may have just opened my eyes to a whole new genre of RPGs.
Check out Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine too. Its about bringing similar comfy tone as well, but to a wider variety of situations.
>>
>>48492633
Explore new world's and galaxies on a 5 year mission?

Boldly go where none have gone before...
>>
I want to run a utopia thats actually a 1984-like superstate. The party will slowly begin to discover this when you start investigating the rulers of the kingdoms.
>>
>>48492633
I like the idea of the BBEG just being some belligerent asshole who decided to start a war and ruin everything because he was bored.
>>
>>48492633
You have four options, from most to least evil...
>Destroy it. Man was not meant to live in perfection and stagnation. Burn it to the ground and restore the natural order!
>Claim it. Such pointlessness and weakness. It would be so easy to turn it all to your own ends and claim absolute authority!
>Leave it. With such peace and stability, it's the perfect home to return to, as you adventure across the land and see and explore all you can.
>Protect it. This peace and happiness is so precious. There are those who would doubtless seek to destroy it, so you stand as the bulwark to see that never happens.
>>
>>48492633
>everyone gets along
Haha, I know, right? That's why I love living here! VSOC does a great job at keeping things in tip top shape, my family and I have had a different type of lobster each week!

Remember not to look at the moon hahaha!
>>
File: are you out of your vulcan mind.jpg (196KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
are you out of your vulcan mind.jpg
196KB, 800x800px
>>48497786
>Yeah but star trek is trash
Vulcan mind: are you out of it?
>>
>>48492633
PHOENIX!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>48492633
Its obviously the start of an evil campaign OP. You are obviously there to teach these peoples that real life is suffering and pain.
>>
>>48492633
Murder, rape and kick puppies, in that order.
>>
File: YouDunGoofed.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YouDunGoofed.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
>>48492633
Well, it wasn't exactly a carefree and completely perfect environment, but when life gives you a plane of innocence, there's only one thing to do.
>>
>>48497786
Most of DS9 was good.
Most of TNG was good, excluding first season.
About half of TOS was good.
Most of VOY was shit.
Most of ENT was just kind of meh.

Or at least that's how I felt.
>>
Sow discord amongst the unsuspecting populace.
>>
>>48499943
The Original Series is excellent. And terrible. It's simultaneously the best and worst Trek. It had a spectacular character dynamic and a lot of energy, but also more than its fair share of cringe-worthy cheese.

The Next Generation is good. It had some weak points, but overall it's a good show. It had a pleasant dynamic and was just plain likable.

DS9 is pretty good. It had some good arcs but the overall character dynamic wasn't as good as in TOS or TNG, and it didn't have the energy of those shows either.

Voyager was fair. It was perfectly enjoyable once you accepted that it botched the premise and had little in the way of consistency.

Enterprise was also fair, though at least a bit better than Voyager. It had more integrity that Voyager but it seems miscast and its concepts were often executed in a mediocre manner, leading to the show often being less enjoyable than it seems like it should've been.
>>
>you're in a utopia
>"I wanna wreck it"

What is wrong with you all. You're the exact kind of people that make me realize that even if someone managed to achieve a utopia, idiots would come along who would feel the need to wreck it.
>>
Dig around, see what it took to achieve the Utopia; question the means, "was it justified to do X to Y just to live in a utopia?" or "are we really better off now, with X no longer troubling us?"
>>
>>48500684
Oh sorry. I'll just run through work my job or whatever I get in the game.

Stories need conflict, man. If the player doesn't become the great evil, a different great evil will awaken. It's just a "choose your perspective" situation with a setup like that.
>>
Dig for clams
>>
Protect it.
>>
File: lies.jpg (392KB, 869x1281px) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
392KB, 869x1281px
Bullshit. Something is enchanting these people. The nature of man does not allow utopia. Something is putting people in their place so much that they have learned to accept it.
>>
>>48500957
Bullshit. We aren't an utopia just because of wrong choices in the past.
>>48492633
Simple, get to space/equivalent. Superior weaponry + Spaceships/equivalent + Aliens to befriend/trade with = Noblebright ADVENTURE!
And, if your weaponry isn't superior and there are grumpy aliens, then congratulations! Drama!
>>
>>48501654
>choices in the past
Its not like we as a species have stopped doing stupid shit. We will continue to.
>>
My first thought for a setting like that was to act as secret police, fighting to keep the utopia from crumbling. From there, you'd have the moral dilemma of using increasingly violent means to keep increasingly hard problems in check. The players would have to decide if keeping people happy and placated is worth the horrible cost, and if a utopia is really worth having if the truth of that cost is hidden from the people.

But that seems kinda edgy, all things told. Instead, I'd take a 'monster hunter' type approach and have people hunting monsters that are either targeting people or that have ingredients that people need. Or I'd have something like that game called The Guild, where your goal is to pick a profession and excel in it, to the point where you become a master (or king).

This is a type of game you'd have to discuss with your players, first. It isn't for everyone, that's for sure.
>>
>>48497290
So like We happy few?
>>
>>48492633
>everyone gets along
You're failing to ask the obvious questions here.

The obvious questions are "Why does everyone get along? Why is there no crime? Why are there no enemies?"

And the answer to those questions should be obvious to any even mostly shit GM, at least if the players ask it: "Why don't you try to find out?"

At which point, of course, the GM introduces the mind control drugs/demon summoners/alien supertech/hyperdimensional magico-mechanical space gods/whatever, dude, I'm sure you get the idea.

IT'S CALL OF CTHULHU, BUT WITH A DIFFERENT HORRIFIC TRUTH (unless it IS actually Cthulhu and friends)!
>>
>>48492633
Demolition Man
>>
File: gandalf smoking weed.jpg (63KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
gandalf smoking weed.jpg
63KB, 521x521px
>>48499906
Get shown the fuck up by an elf a tenth of your size who cripples your foot and forces you to cry so loudly that your legendary bitch-cry echoes throughout the valleys of the entire continent and shakes empires? Sulk in Angband because you can't walk right until your little bro and all his friends drag your ass back home AGAIN and summarily execute your formerly-immortal currently-and-eternally-fucked bitch ass?
Sounds like a good time.
>>
File: doyouevenjesus.jpg (13KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
doyouevenjesus.jpg
13KB, 183x275px
>>48492633
Open your 'Book of Exalted Deedsâ„¢'; and start taking some dank vows. Slowly become God.
>>
>>48506268
Demolition man was far from a utopia.
>>
>utopia is actually dystopia!
To all you people, what if it actually is utopia?
What if everyone lives a long and fulfilling life?
What if there is struggle and competition, but no true suffering or strife?
What if the government isn't an evil mind controler, and the people of this nation, through centuries of social development, have become exceptionally level headed and emphatic?

Is it dystopian if they have gradually weeded out the harmful and sociopathic elements of their people?
>>
>>48500957
>The nature of man does not allow utopia
What if the nature of man has changed.
>>
>>48506494
>Is it dystopian if they have gradually weeded out the harmful and sociopathic elements of their people?

While not dystopian, the majorities of such societies will be lax due to having less of a driving force, and be relatively fragile to outside intervention as the citizens will be predisposed to conflict.

Five centuries of peace is all very well until the neighbors come knocking looking for war and you don't have anything to fight them with.

The few utopian societies that COULD fight off people would only be called utopian because everyone likes to fight in aforesaid utopian societies. See: Orks orks orks orks.
>>
>>48497973
Do you have the pdf?
>>
>>48492766
Try Ryuutama
>>
>>48506617
>While not dystopian, the majorities of such societies will be lax due to having less of a driving force
Not necessarily true, it's entirely possible that their culture promotes master-worship of some kind, where the citizens attempt to master some craft or domain, whether it be scholarly things, aesthetics, or martial prowess.
Utopian need not necessarily mean pacifism, it need only mean a lack of unjust aggression or sociopathy.
>>
>>48506517
How?
>>
>>48506673
How did the nature of man come into being in the first place?
It came from primitive man, which in turn came from archaic man, which came from proto man, and so forth.
It is entirely feasible that the nature of man can evolve over time, or even that it can be suppressed by an ascetic culture on shorter time scales.
>>
>>48506617
>The few utopian societies that COULD fight off people would only be called utopian because everyone likes to fight in aforesaid utopian societies.
Or, I mean, it could be on an island with really rocky shores.. Or people could learn to fight without necessarily enjoying the thought that they might have to use that skill someday. Or you could have only the people that enjoy fighting learn fighting and make sure they're only ever pointed at people who are trying to invade. Or, uh, lots of other options, really.
>>48506661
Yeah, this too.
>>
>>48492633
It still features beasts in the wilderness and places still unexplored, doesn't it?
Go explore the unexplored and fight great, fierce animals.
Discover ancient tombs filled with deadly traps.
Everything is still an utopia if there's a deadly dungeon in a desert visited by fucking no one.
>>
>>48506673
Virt, is that you?
Are you trying to debate evolution when you yourself have evolved your nickname?
>>
what if, and just hear me out, it isn't a utopia, but rather just alright. there is problems but everyone is still hopeful that they can be solved and (shocking fact!) they can because there are good people willing to solve them
>>
>>48492633
Tear it apart for profit.
>>
>>48506517
What can change the nature of a man?

Updated my journal.
>>
>>48492633
Leave. Not because I couldn't enjoy it, but because I simply don't belong.

My being there alone mars it - never mind whatever I might do in a moment of weakness or confusion.
>>
>>48507803
>What can change the nature of a man?
Other men, perhaps. You can't change your own utility function, but you can find loopholes.

There is a difference between the nature of a man, and the nature of Man.
>>
>>48507848
This anon gets it; civilization isn't for everyone, but even those who don't belong can see its worth in general.
>>
>>48492633
Isn't it obvious? Join in the fun! Let your cares and worries wash away. Is this not the reward of your struggle?
>>
>>48508553
"The torpor of heaven is as terrible as the torment of hell."

t. some fag whose name I can't remember
>>
>>48492965
>>48497802

The art in GSS looks so very familiar? Does anyone have ideas why? Maybe even lewds?
>>
>>48492633
OP, have you seen the trailer for 'we happy few'?

Try something like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSqOgDhinYI
>>
>>48492633
Monster Hunter
>>
>>48492633
You could spin it like a law ending in an SMT game
>>
>>48492965
You have no idea how badly I want to play GSS. Everyone I know wants conflict and fighting and shit, not cozy. If you find a group that isn't a bunch of furries who can't keep their hands out of their pants then cherish the everloving fuck out of it.
>>
>>48492633
I'm confused about Ribbon, /tg/: is she supposed to be the cute daughteru of /tg/, kinda like Vivian James to /v/ or what? I've read the comics and all, but I also see some fan art about her (not as much as Vivian James but it's still there). If not, should there be a daughteru character for /tg/?
>>
>>48512393
Ribbon is Ribbon. You shouldn't think too much about it.
>>
>>48512493
Right. Sorry, brain is just being stupid tonight. I need sleep, I guess.
>>
>>48492766
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

It's about a cozy apocalypse (at one point called "the quiet twilight of mankind".) The main character is an android that runs a cafe. She does such exciting things as

>rebuilds a model airplane engine
>takes a year off to travel the country side
>watches the humans around her age
>fixes her house
>worries about having to move out of her house because the shore-line is eroding
>gets groceries
>rides a scooter

it's a really good story with some unique characters and visuals.

--
I would have the players be traveling, and be forced to stop in the town because the bridge is out or the pass is blocked. give them time to settle in then make the game one of seasons and years (especially seasons. look up the poetic and cultural references the Japanese have for the different seasons.) Maybe use a tweaked version of the Pendragon rules (lethal combat in case it happens, codes of honor, domain management, rules for marriages and children.) Let them build up histories, give them some 'NPCs' to control during RP. Occasionally have a major event like a drought, or lost child, or evil storms to stir things up.
>>
>>48512676
YKK also has the most relaxing soundtrack this side of Aria.

https://youtu.be/xmm_v_SGSQQ

Basically, you can run an entire slice-of-life campaign with no prep outside of those two soundtracks and a pitcher of ice tea.
>>
>>48512112
Spoiler: I couldn't.

Great fun anyway, though.
>>
>>48492937

>Utopia
>Not already hedonistic as fuck
The Culture would like a word with you
>>
>>48513145
>utopia always has to be a hedonistic and shallow state
:^(
>>
File: ThisHoardIsMine.jpg (262KB, 1187x800px) Image search: [Google]
ThisHoardIsMine.jpg
262KB, 1187x800px
>>48492633
They must have nice ammounts of gold stored in their damn cities then, and by living in such an "conflict inactive" environment they probably are not preppared to defend it, easy pickings.
>>
>>48513614
Actually, they're a utopia because they sold their gold for powerful autonomous weaponry that defend their utopia from external threats.
>>
>>48513801
And how, pray tell, do they keep their economy?

Also to whom did they sell their gold to.
>>
>>48506490
It was close enough.

The opposition's main point of discontent seemed to be "we want the right to act like dickheads".

Yes there were sacrifices but none of them to me seemed particularly bad compared to what was gained.
>>
>>48492633
>not noticing you´re playing Paranoia as heavily brainwashed citizens
>>
File: FightClub_350.jpg (13KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
FightClub_350.jpg
13KB, 350x300px
>>48492633
Search for ways to stop people from becoming complete pussies
>>
>>48499906
>Well, it wasn't exactly a carefree and completely perfect environment, but when life gives you a plane of innocence, there's only one thing to do.

That's just 5 again.
>>
>>48513836
They sold the gold off to outside parties in exchange for rights over rare mineral extraction and self-sufficient reactors. It boosted their research capabilities to create subservient AI and advanced power sources.

Blah blah blah it's a relatively strong utopia that could really only be defeated by a faction that's technologically or magically advanced to a degree that there's no need to loot their resources and the only reason why you'd want to do so is because you're a dick.
>>
>>48492965

Funnily enough, while it IS an utopia and you don't lock your car at night, the point in GSS is exactly that people that would get along (everyone is good at heart) don't get along for some reasons, and you have to get them go along.

So it really isn't what OP asked for. Yeah, you're not answering to him, but still.

>Anyway I'm picturing a dog henge that listens to heavy metal right now and looks awkwardly cute in a metalhead t-shirt
>>
File: 1435054996691.gif (839KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1435054996691.gif
839KB, 500x360px
>>48492633
>>
>>48514108
Being a dick is a good excuse enough for me to try to seize power and rule the land.
>>
>>48492633

The same thing you do in Blue Rose.

Burn it down. Destroy the utopia. Ride through the blazing fields wailing a sick solo on your guitar-greataxe. Make it interesting again.
>>
>>48492692
Brave New World is a dystopia though, not a utopia. The government is fascist and drugs are commonplace.
>>
>>48513184
Ethical hedonism, dude.

"Ethical hedonism is the view that our fundamental moral obligation is to maximize pleasure or happiness."

Utopia is basically the end goal of ethical hedonism. It also includes complete actualization of life goals, total job satisfaction, etc., etc.
>>
>>48514306
Your dissident movement gets state funding and assist in making rock concerts with proper safety conventions, and a good time is had by all.

The fires are preplanned burn areas to prevent them getting out of control in later times, and the smoke is carefully filtered.

Everyone enjoyed the concert and hopes that you will do a repeat piece later, but will understand if it is only a one off. Several people are inspired to do their own brand of artistry, mixing heavy metal music with such things as jazz and j-pop, but none reach quite the same acclaim.
>>
>>48514345
It's more than that; society itself shames those who want to have differing opinions or pursue individual action, to a far greater extent than our own does, whilst a privileged few, who are motivated to maintain the status quo live on top of a pyramid of lobotomised labor.
>>
https://exhentai.org/g/959778/2003702402/

Doujin related. He arrives at elf paradise and decides to give them some good ol human civilization.
>>
>>48513184
I think to a certain degree it has to be; we live, largely, in an individualistic society so the thought of a self-sacrificing collective uptopia seems strange and forced, if not fascistic.

If the society members are told constantly that it is virtuous to live a spartan lifestyle and to give to others and society, most would cite that as incredibly naive about human nature or that the populace are heavily indoctrinated.
>>
File: tumblr_nr3gbobPxc1riwqt7o4_1280.jpg (137KB, 1280x564px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr3gbobPxc1riwqt7o4_1280.jpg
137KB, 1280x564px
Not everyone agrees on what a utopia would look like, so some conspire to change the status quo.
>>
>>48514497
I've got to say, I've really started to appreciate how straightforward Koreans are with their fantasies.

Most Japanese hentai comics tend to only go half-way or come up with strange convolutions when it comes to indulging in ridiculous fantasies, but these new Korean artist seem to lack the ordinary shame that governs just how simple a sexual fantasy can be. They're not afraid to be unoriginal.

Of course, after they lay down the simple, straight-forward, over-indulgent fantasy, they scribble on all sorts of convolutions to make it a compelling if ultimately shallow read, but still, very refreshing.
>>
File: image.jpg (267KB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 726x1024px
A nice plot would be that everyone has grown bored with utopia and now the players have to act out grand, flashy but harmless superhero battles.

>>48494188
What did I miss?
>>
>>48516607
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48492633
I'm sure you can find it in the above link. Try using some useful tools for yourself in the future so you can empower your own path!
>>
>>48492633
>Then, everything changed when the hobo nation attacked.
>The slums, buried under the city rose up to power, striking when none were ready.
>Before the world could react, City #1 was destroyed. The grime and dirt uncleaned the city, the hobos ransacked it, looting it and killing all who opposed them.
>Their ancient weaponry too powerful to resist with the stun batons the security force had.
>So the leader of the world decided. Let's unfreeze criminals from the past to fight off this threat from the future.

[Spoiler]And so starts the campaign. Staring Sylvester Stallone. Wesley snipes and Sandra bullock[/spoiler]

*Cough, not demolition man*
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 301x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 301x500px
>>48516607
The players have to find the sinister secret at the heart of this civilization.

there is none. People are unable to comprehend utopia without a price so it's leaders pretend there is one
>>
>>48494154

You got it wrong.

You become the villain because, although the world is serene and tranquil, there are some who want to become heroes.

But they can not become heroes if there is no villain.

You are the kindest of all: you provide them opportunity.
>>
>>48517037
ahahah fucking THIS.

You get to the bottom of it and there's just a man behind a curtain.
>>
>>48517599
>We are here to kill you evildoer
"Please take a number. Your number is 187"
>See rows of people holding numbers in front of a room that is labeled "man behind it all"
>>
>>48492633
>Roleplay
>>
>>48492633
Sally forth into the world at large bringing Utopia to other, less lucky people.
Your land is small, but it is ancient and has forgotten more of politics and intrigue than other lands have even imagined.

Now your magic has returned and your people are happy again, why not share it with the world. Can't force it on 'em of course, you're too weak.
So its sneaky sneakin' all the way.
>>
>>48514383
Too bad that most conceptualizations of pleasure or happiness consists of animal or base urges.

>>48514530
It really depends on how deeply embedded and how long that society has existed. Individualism may appeal to innate human animal instincts and urges, but it can be shown that people can be happy otherwise.
Let them say it's "indoctrination"; if we measure culture as indoctrination based on how similar it is to human nature, then primitive and luddism is the most honest of all cultures.
>>
>>48514383
Isn't that just Utilitarianism?
>>
File: joe.jpg (62KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
joe.jpg
62KB, 500x499px
>>48492927
>Joe's_Garage.mp3
>>
>>48492633
Bend that utopia over and fuck it in the ass. Because you can.
>>
>>48516607
>267 KB
> A nice plot would be that everyone has grown bored with utopia and now the players have to act out grand, flashy but harmless superhero battles.

Dog Days?
>>
>>48516607
The players form a bear cult, lure a bunch of bears to the city, and become the bad guys.
>>
>>48520190
It enjoys the good assfucking and hopes you come to visit from time to time.
>>
>>48514108
Sounds like ripe pickings for a hacker that doesn't have moral qualms with turning those weapons inwards and ransoming the city. If you wanted conflict, that is.

Otherwise, maybe some set up some related slice-of-life sidequests. Doing normal maintenance on the weapons before trouble starts, reinforcing some mine tunnels that looks a little collapse-y, there's got to be a kitty up a tree somewhere.
>>
>>48492633
Well, someone's got to burn down those villages!
>>
>>48500882
For some reason, this post made me lose it. Just started laughing like crazy.
>>
>>48507881
The actual answer is belief. Whatever one believes can change the nature of a man, can.
>>
>>48508739
Did you read this manga?
Same artist
http://m.mangahere.co/manga/neko_musume_michikusa_nikki/
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.