[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic: the Gathering Wednesday Flavor General - "To the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 35

File: image.jpg (847KB, 2684x1580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
847KB, 2684x1580px
>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. Ignore chandere posts.

This week's Magic Story is "The Promised End" by Ken Troop.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/promised-end-2016-07-27
>>
>She chose to be bound

I'll be damned. At least someone at Wizards knows how to handle incomprehensible cosmic entities.
>>
>Jace and Tamiyo continued their silent conversation, moving closer to one another as they touched minds.
Lewd.
>>
She trapped herself. Didn't see that coming...
>>
Oh, man, Liliana is finally 1000% done with Jace. Finally, people can stop trying to force best girl onto his dick.
>>
>>48485238
I thought the Emeria-illusion was all in Jace's head. That his subconscious rewrote the scroll, and he knew what was in it beforehand because he mindlinked with Tamiyo.
>>
>Tamiyo was literally controlled by Emrakul
>"Gain control of target player on their next turn. After that turn, that player takes an extra turn"
>Tamiyo is crying over how she was forced to use a forbidden scroll ALTERED BY EMRAKUL HERSELF and she had no control over it whatsoever

I want to give Tamiyo a hug.

;_;
>>
>"But that wasn't the worst part. The scroll I opened. The second one. You were right. I shouldn't have opened it."

When did Jace say she shouldn't have opened it? As I recall when Avacyn was killing them both, Jace wanted her to use the scroll.
>>
>>48485218
>>"To the moon, Alice" Edition
I feel like there was something lost by not making this the "Lilliana learns the power of friendship" edition.
>>
>>48485515
He said it a couple sentences above. He just put it in a very different way.

>>"But that's wonderful! You saved us! You saved all of Innistrad, all of...everything! Is it because it was one of the iron scrolls? One of the scrolls you didn't want to open?"
>>
>>48485544
Oh. I thought she was saying that Jace implied she should not have opened the scroll.
>>
>>48485218
>>Friends are like better Zombies
>>Plans to dominate the universe with HER Gatewatch
Never change Lilliana.
>>
>>48485556
No, she was merely acknowledging that he was right in that it was scroll she shouldn't have opened, though it wasn't as pertinent to her being freaked the fuck out.
>>
So- why do you think Emrakul chose to let herself get sealed away?
>>
>>48485616
She fucking tells us.

>She paused her writing, considering the scroll. "This is all wrong. I am incomplete, unfulfilled, inchoate. There should be blossoms, not barren resentment. The soil was not receptive. It is not my time. Not yet."
>>
>>48485462
This is honestly one of the things I'm happiest about. Liliana and Jace was always a stupid ship, and now they're both moving on.
>>
I'm kinda new to this stuff, does /tg/ read about magic anywhere besides the mtg articles page?
>>
This turned out a lot better... Acceptable, no power of friendship, no killing 2 giants and all evil with one spell, I'm happy with this.
>>
Pros: Emrakul sealing herself.

Cons: LITERALLY THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, although a bit twisted since it's how Lily sees it.

I liked the ending, didn't see that twist.
7/10

Oh also mind raped TamTam.
>>
Holy fuck this piece of "writing" was fucking terrible.
>>
>>48485882
LITERALLY THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP was like the best part. I laughed for about five minutes straight to Lilliana's "Friends are like better zombies" line.
>>
File: Paliano Post.jpg-large.jpg (123KB, 512x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Paliano Post.jpg-large.jpg
123KB, 512x1024px
Meanwhile on Fiora....
>>
>>48485630

I have to wonder if that's because of something we don't know about the Eldrazi yet or Emrakul failing to comprehend that whatever she's trying to do doesn't work without Ulamog and Kozilek to drain and warp the world first?

At least Emeria's talk about entropy does imply that the Eldrazi Titans were playing some part in how natural planes might come to be, although given that they've just been unmaking inhibited planes left and right when not bound something seems to be wrong that possibly only Bolas and Ugin, if that, know about.
>>
>>48485930
The jace parts were literally super OC fanfic snippets. I liked lily and Emrakuls parts.
>>
>This is all wrong. I am incomplete, unfulfilled, inchoate. There should be blossoms, not barren resentment. The soil was not receptive. It is not my time. Not yet.

What did she mean by this???
Also fuck everyone is bad at writing Liliana. Or Liliana is just not a good character. I don't know which but she is just so... ugh.
>>
>>48485934
>friends are like better zombies
Lili's learning about strictly better, guys.
>>
>>48485218
Good read, very good by UR standards.

>>48485930
Oh anon-kun you're such a fucking faggot holy shit
>>
>>48486017
Don't tell me you didn't laugh when Jace finally realized how insufferable he is.
>>
>>48485490
Perhaps it was.
Perhaps it was just telling him that.
>>
>>48486017
All of it was really bad but Jace's parts had good imagery that was kind of ruined by stuff like the fucked up Nissa actually speaking. I don't see what was good about Lilana's parts at all. It's so hard to take her seriously, she's such a caricature. I didn't like the attempt at self awareness about the Jace hate but besides that, that was the only part that seemed god awful about his parts. But that was a rather large section, so. I also thought the interaction with Emeria felt strangely pedestrian but whatever.
>>
So Liliana genuinely likes Jace, right? Even from a somewhat perverse, "He belongs to me." point of view?
>>
>>48486219

She likes Jace and his friends in the same way you like your shovels when it's time to dig a hole.
>>
>>48486122
Can't deny it, I chuckled.
>>
So, what did Gideon want?
>>
>>48485218
actually surprising end.

I mean we knew emrakul was being sealed, but willingly throws it for a loop.

What is emrakul going to do in Innistrad 3: moon cocoon boogaloon
>>
>>48486289
She is going to make the plane Better from her new throne
>>
>>48486288
To be the little girl. Sadly, he cannot, as he is Lord Beefcake and can never be pretty.
>>
>>48485787
>no power of friendship,
u wat, this was even more blatant about the power of friendship than OGW. Just because Liliana tries to be ironic about it doesn't change the fact that it's still her motivation for joining them. It doesn't even make sense here. Unless I missed it, it didn't feel like anypower of friendship teamwork shit even happened with here. She was unconscious from overuse of the Chain Veil during the climax. She even points out how Jace wasn't protecting her, just the members of the Gatewatch, and decided that she didn't care that he wasn't helping her because she didn't need it. Maybe if they'd forged some kind of chemistry between her and Nissa because of Nissa taking care of her whilst she was unconscious, maybe, but even that was the only person who did anything to help her specifically and they still end on the "Well I couldn't have done this without the power of teamwork!" note.
>>
>>48486334
le feels man face
>>
There is no word on how much I hated this block.

Basically everythign good on Innistrad was raped to death.

Emrakul choose to let herself be sealed, the amount of autism on that is cringeworthy.

Everytime Liliana speak I want to kill her.

Everytime Liliana insult Gideon I want to kill her harder.

Fuck you WoC.
>>
>>48486339
I don't really think it counts as a POWER OF TEAMWORK victory when the thing you're fighting takes over one of your buddies and forces you to win
>>
>>48486264

I think she also like Jace when she wants a hole or two filled.
>>
>>48486371
It wasn't, but Liliana LITERALLY talks about the power of friendship. Teamwork was how they took out Kozilek and Ulamog, but here Liliana LITERALLY is motivated by it to join the Gatewatch, and that's the literal kind of literally. It's practically lampshaded
>>
>>48486367
>Emrakul choose to let herself be sealed, the amount of autism on that is cringeworthy.
Opinions: the buzzwordsening. That was the best part about this story. They nailed the incomprehensibility of the actions of a cosmic horror. And the best part is that it, in my opinion, it does not feel random. It feels important. Whether it's to set up Return to Return to Innistrad or hint at something related to the nature of the Eldrazi, it doesn't feel like they just picked some random twist to show how impossible she is to understand. It feels important and almost scary, we just don't know what it means or why. That's perfect. They really nailed it.
>>
>>48486009
There's definitely more to learn about the fuckers. I'm especially concerned about the Chain Veil calling Ermakrul "the World Creator."
>>
>>48486480

I'm tired of the fucking Eldrazi, both in gameplay and in the story the should have killed them along with New Shitrexia and never spoke of them anymore but no, we have to get Saint Emrakul the Too Pure for this World Eldritch Horror wait on the Moon for when the world will be ready for her or her brother come back.
>>
>>48486339
>they still end on the "Well I couldn't have done this without the power of teamwork!" note.

It seemed obvious to me that, after failing to stop Emrakul even with the Veil, Liliana saw how the Gatewatch did together what she couldn't do alone and decided she wanted to use that for herself.

>What more could she do, with powerful friends like these? What more could she conquer, what more could she obtain?
>>
>>48486540
Why does it even matter "in the gameplay". Eldrazi isn't s thing in any format except for like, legacy or something now so the creature type doesn't matter, nor does their colorlessness which are both basically flavor text, and the Eldrazi have distinct different gameplay mechanics every time they show up, so its not like there's some mechanical relevance.

Besides that, the kind of story told in SOI and EMN were a totally different kind of story than the one told in ROE, BFZ, and OGW so unless just reading the word 'Eldrazi" triggers you then there isn't anything tangible to trigger you there. The only annoying thing is there Sonny so many times you can say something is too incomprehensible eor horrible to understand or whatever. But considering the works the Eldrazi are derived from are plagued by similar overuse of that concept and associated language, I think they can be forgiven for that.

SOI and EMN, especially, really got the Lovecraft feel down, with the creeping horror mystery feel of SOI. I think EMN did kind of lose it a bit and faded back into ROE/BFZ/OGW type feels, but I think this finale really fixed that. I just wish the details were more present in the cards and general promotional information because without them it really just does feel like ROE round 4 without it. But Innistrad is the perfect place for Eldrazi so any set p thy need to get them there they should take.
>>
>>48486410
"Power of Friendship" is used to describe bullshit asspulls accomplished by nothing more than "MUH FRIENDS".

What Lili is fucking talking about is how fucking strong her own personal guard of planeswalkers would be, all accomplished by being considered a 'friend'.
>>
>>48486671
It doesn't MATTER if shes being ironic about it. It's sill the motivation for it and what was actually happening. Its like ironic shitposting is still shitposting to out it simply. Acknowledging the silliness of the power of friendship or using the power of friendship to further your own ends is still acknowledging and using the concept.
>>
>>48486664

Shadows over Innistrad actually did Lovecraftian horror much better than Eldritch Moon did. Eldritch Moon went full cosmic and body horror, which honestly isn't really Lovecraft's thing. And even then it's hard to tell Lovecraft style stories in a setting like Magic the Gathering mostly because the characters actually have the power to fight back.
>>
>>48485490
Sorta.

The Emeria construct is by Jace's admission his own mind trying to parse the emanations of Emrakul's will. Something that isn't the mouth of Emrakul herself, but aims to be a messenger, an envoy that can express Emrakul's will in terms comprehensible to a lesser being.

It was the case that Jace was essentially sheltering the minds of the entire Gatewatch plus Tamiyo within his own, and I believe Nissa and Tamiyo both had their minds encroached upon by spaghetti-chan. Emeria writing in the scroll is most likely Jace's mental adventure portraying one of Emrakul's machinations that are unfolding in actuality.

At any rate it does seem to be the case that there are, as Ugin suggested, wheels within wheels when it comes to Eldrazi. Emrakul's behavior is driven by something greater, something with actual purpose, that the devastation she brings with her isn't meant to be exploited by revenge-driven planeswalkers. To allow herself to be imprisoned within the moon might hint at a desire not to be manipulated by outside forces as it undermines whatever purpose she serves in the grand design of the multiverse.

Long story short: going to jail is preferential to absorbing a plane whose time has not yet come.
>>
So was Ugin right? Seems like the Eldrazi did have a greater purpose.
>>
>It's a "fucktarded anons" episode

If you don't think this was the best magic story in a while then you've got irreparably shit taste.
>>
>>48486664

When all the deck here are Something Ulamog Something yes you get tired of the ELdrazi.

Bolas is enough for the story Eldrazi and New Pirexia and all their fall should be killed like the fucking autist they are.
>>
>>48486740
I'd like to see you unironically defend shit lines like "Friends are like better zombies" and the Jace self hatred shit. The latter bugs the shitbout of me because Jace isn't actually portrayed like that in the stories, its how Jace haters view him, and it's so obvious it was an attempt to be self aggrandizing by creative by playing off the hatred for Jace. Jace seriously doesn't act like that or interact with characters like that.
>>
>>48486760
What the fuck format are you playing where literally every deck is an Ulamog deck. Ignoring that hating an individual Titan shouldn't somehow make it so you hate Eldrazi in general in the first place. It isn't wizards or creator's fault if that's the reason.
>>
>>48486710
Did I fucking say she was being 'ironic'?

She's talking about the power of manipulation and tools and shit. Please don't tell me you can't see a difference between friendship and manipulation. And don't fucking call it being ironic again.
>>
>>48486804
>implying Jace isn't condescending
>implying
>Jace
>isn't
>condescending

MY LITTLE ANON CAN'T BE THIS FUCKING RETARDED
>>
>>48486828

Eldrazi was a stupid idea, resurretting Phyrexia was a stupid idea after people litterly had to shit brick to see it dead and you being born anon was the stupidest idea ever.
>>
>>48486009
They actually weren't unmaking inhabited planes left and right - we've seen them on three planes total. An unnamed plane where Sorin and Nahiri encountered Ulamog (and just Ulamog), Zendikar, and now Innistrad.
The first one had some sort of habitation, but we don't know how much or much of anything about the plane - just that there was a small population there and that Ulamog ate it. The other two planes? The Eldrazi were lured there specifically in both cases, and may well not have ever gone to those planes on their own

And from what everything's been said of the Eldrazi, it honestly seems like the idea of them being the multiverse's method of reprocessing old, dying planes into new ones may well be the case, in which case neither Innistrad or Zendikar would have been at risk had the Eldrazi not been lured there (and they only stayed there because they WERE there), while the Unnamed Plane was a place that was basically dead as it was.
>>
>>48486725
That's what I got out of this story. It also gives reasons why she just bailed from Zendikar when freed vs staying.

I also felt like Emrakul was leagues above Kozilek & Ulamog. As if they did the dirty work, the preparations, but she alone ultimately fulfills the true purpose of the eldrazi.
>>
>>48486179
This story really had Lili go full eye-rolling black caricature, but her characterization in prior stories was a rather tasteful look at how black does what it does because it honestly fears dying like a punk bitch and losing everything it worked for.

It's kinda scummy hearing such cliched mental gymnastics from her about friends as tools, but I can't help but think by Kaladesh we're going to get a corny line from her about how she may think of the Gatewatch as a private army, but that they're -her- private army and no one but her should have the privilege to go queen bitch all over them.

Really though the whole Gatewatch is made up of caricatures. Chandra has been simplified to a goddamn pyromaniac ffs. If there's a criticism I would level at the SOI block's writing (ignoring the B-plots involving normal Innistradi people dealing with Innistradi bullshit, since I kinda glossed over anything not concerning the Eldrazi arc), it's that it really felt like depth and nuance only occurred in characters who weren't part of the gatewatch.
>>
>>48486840
You didn't say it and I didn't say you said it, it's the tone of the fucking story. How is going "Yes, I believe in the upper friendship. *inks to the audience*" more acceptable than "Yes, I believe in the power of friendship!"? The answer is it isnt and it shouldn't be to you if you don't like that matter concept in the first place.

Ignoring that actually says she believes the things shes saying to manipulate them in part, again flatting the tone of the story to highlight the irony of the situation.
>>
>>48486804
One of the old flavor philosophies about counterspells was that they were supposed to be cocky, smug, and superior in their approach. Since Jace is resident blue mage, he got a lot of these insufferable one liners attributed to him even though that's not how he actually acts in any other medium

Jace haters (rightfully) dislike the "Jace feigned interest" "Ugin's arguments were...unconvincing", "I prefer to learn from the failures of others" smugness, and those same people are thus highly unlikely to go and read stories involving someone they already don't like

It's a huge flavor fail on wizards part and I think they've outright said it was a mistake to attribute those quotes to Jace since that's not really who he is, the smug quips shit is more red/blue and the sneering condescension is more black/blue
>>
>>48486903

You make an interesting point, which does raise a question...

If that's the case, what's Ugin been playing at by organizing ways to trap the Eldrazi? I get the feeling that dragon knows a lot more than he deigns to share with the kids.
>>
>>48486868
He isn't anymore so than any other character. In fact as of late they tend to write him as almosy overly incompetent and vulnerable, in the sense of youthful uncertainty. That's kind of the opposite of being condescending. Random snippets of flavor text don't very accurately match the portrayel of the characters in the stories. Jace doesn't make the kind of quips you see on Counterspell. You an compare that to his interactions with Chandra in this story, for example.
>>
>>48485630
>emrakul just wants friends but the plane wasn't ready for friendship
A lonely cosmic horror that just wants some buddies, finally something in this v whole fucking story we didn't see coming.
>>
File: Image.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
So Tamiyo's spell was a Final Judgment rewritten to a... Swords to Plowshares maybe?
I'd say Scour From Existence for flavor reasons, but it's an Instant. Angelic Edict or Iona's Judgment?
>>
>>48487009
Rewritten to Imprisoned on the Moon, dumbo
>>
>>48486972
Well, it could well be that Tarkir's not exactly a young plane, if you get what I mean.
>>
>>48486972
Maybe he was afraid tarkir was on their short list.
>>
>>48486935
Liliana is a character I really love the concept of but, but she just never delivers on it in he way I'd like. She wants to be a femme fatale type character but she just doesn't do it right. I imagine a character like that classic noir female at comes to the detective's office but shes just a bad person that Ike's do bad things. the motivation of black character being fear of death is brilliant but it barel matters.
>>
>>48486972

I don't trust Elder Dragon even when coroless they are more backstabbing than Liliana.
>>
>>48487009
It was an Armageddon rewritten to 'Add C to your mana pool for each land on the battlefield, then untap four lands'
>>
File: 1345211386845.gif (484KB, 200x149px) Image search: [Google]
1345211386845.gif
484KB, 200x149px
>>48487068
>mfw Dominaria is far beyond even the Eldrazi's ability to recycle the plane
>>
>>48487009
It was from Serra's realm, so it was probably Planar Collapse.
>>
>Emrakul rewrote a spell to work like she wanted
Guys, emrakul is R&D
>>
File: Planar Collaspe.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Planar Collaspe.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>48487009
I believe the scroll was probably Planar Collapse.

No clue what it was rewritten to.
>>
>>48487109
Someone make "look at me I'm r and D" with a scribble of Emrakul on it, stat
>>
>>48487110
> planar collapse doesn't destroy everything
Stupid
>>
>>48487049
>>48487068

That is a possibility, although Ugin's utter importance to Tarkir's cosmology suggests to me he forged that plane himself and could do so again if he had to.

I'm leaning towards >>48487083. The elder dragon spirit oldwalker, what was basically hitting the superpower lottery back in the day, caught wind of something still more powerful than the godlike oldwalkers, and figured out how to capture them for study.

I think Ugin was trying to work out the mechanics of how planes oldwalkers don't create are born and die. Lord knows what he could've done with that kind of knowledge and his powers if Bolas hadn't iced him before he could study them.

Might give some insight on why Bolas set them free, too. Planes being made or unmade sounds like EXACTLY the kind of energy shenanigans he needs to catapult himself back to godhood.
>>
>>48486935
Yeah, the utterly one dimensional nature of the Gatewatch members (barring Jace, who at least is allowed to have red lovey dive feelings for Liliana and anger and frustration at his own image) is disappointing since the side characters like Thalia, Rem, and Odric are shown to have depth

Thalia has been monowhite twice now, but is still allowed to be angry and spiteful without demanding she shift colors immediately to red.

It's been since what, Kamigawa since we had a mono Black character that was unequivocally a good guy and not an edgy anti hero or straight up villain edgelord?

Liliana was looking to be R&D's attempt to actually showcase for once that "black is amoral not evil" is more than talk.

but noooope she's actually as autistic as Jace is and despite growing up a normal life and her Spark being derived from trying to save the life of her dying brother, the best analogy for "friend" her old hag of a mind can come up with is that they're zombies with ability text.

also her entire motivation for being a planeswalkers to not die seems retarded given that more than half the cast has immortality as a gimme, I find it hard to believe that becoming one of the most powerful planeswalkers in the multiverse is the only option to not die of old age when 1/1 elves and vampires get the same exact shtick for free.

I dislike liliana as a character even more because she literally can't keep her fucking mouth shut long enough to realize how stupid she is

Unlimited power and she just does a shitty Chandra impression. Immortality and all she's accomplished in two CENTURIES is something sorin could've given her in two minutes.
>>
>>48487156
You know, if creative has actually thought this far ahead (I got his confrontation with the Gatewatch at the end of OGW to actually imply that they hadn't figured out the Eldrazi storyline yet with youthe " may not see the consequences in your time" line), that's a very sweet xonnection. Being able to create and destroy planes was probably one of the most iconic pow old walkers had. Acknowledging it in that way is very smart.
>>
>>48487182

Honestly, my impression of things had been creative saw Liliana as evil and Sorin as the amoral one who is still nonetheless saving the universe, but now with this block...
>>
>>48486339
>this was even more blatant about the power of friendship than OGW

Anon, I think he's referring to the fact, that Emmy-chan was sealed away, because she wanted to be sealed away. In fact they would have 100% lost, if Emrakul didn't want to be sealed away.
>>
>>48486804
>the smug quips shit is more red/blue and the sneering condescension is more black/blue
This is really true. Honest no one would bat an eye if it said that Ral Zarek or Tezzeret said that shit, but it's weird coming from Jace after reading just about any story he's in.
>>
>>48487182
>also her entire motivation for being a planeswalkers to not die seems retarded given that more than half the cast has immortality as a gimme, I find it hard to believe that becoming one of the most powerful planeswalkers in the multiverse is the only option to not die of old age when 1/1 elves and vampires get the same exact shtick for free.
Really? This is probably the best part of Lilana's character and is tragically underutilized and deemphasized in the face of her villain act. It's just not that simple. She already was a planeswalker, the mending happened, and she began to age again. There's many facets of her fear of death that makes it work perfectly as a sympathetic black character and for her especially. She doesn't want to grow old and die because it mwans losing her powers, but it also means she has to face her brother, own up to what she d to him in the afterlife as well as see his hideous image. She has to see all the people shes killed and manipulated in their death. She becomes just one of them as well. There's so many facets to this motivation. It's like poetry. But she is reduced to being a quip spouting, very unlikable bitch with NoE the occasional mention if her past to remjnd us we are supposed to like and sympathize with her despite all the bad shit she does. She has great motivation but the motivation isn't relevant or why shes bad. She just enjoys it. And that's not how you make a black hero.
>>
>>48486288
My monies on his dead friends back, or having new friends. Or perhaps a better loop, to actually endure suffering/pain in combat in repentance for getting his friends killed. Would explain why he's always going around trying to inject himself in every situation without resorting to "he's a white character."
>>
>> Be Gideon.

>>Every fucking block you are the only Idiot that goes around trying to save taxpayer.

>> Liliana consider you nothing more than a realdoll.

>> Had to keep with JAce autism because he is Maro ffucboi.

>> Chandra has more interest in girls than in you.

>> Nissa doesn't care.

>> You are littery a buttmonkey in shape and story.

Being Gideon is suffering.
>>
>>48487314
You know, reminded me of another thing that bugged me with this story. They talk about how Gideon is the dumb muscle guy. He is the jock but we've no indication is dumb. I mean he was a street kid so he wouldn't be book smart, but he's noy like a blitherinvisiot. He's a practices and effective general and tactician. I guess Liliana doesn't technically know that but the point is its not like she has any reason to believe he is dumb. It feels like it's just the writers trying to force the characters into caricatures again.
>>
>>48487314
at least jace likes his golden skin and hunky features.
>>
>>48487369
Liliana's underestimating Gideon the same way Noyan Dar was. It happens to Gideon a lot.
>>
The unnatural trapping of the universe r cycling force made it all collapse on itself which forced the mending to save the universe. Bolas seeks to undo that somehow. Releasing the eldrazi is a start
>>
>>48487314

It kinda looked to me like everyone in the gatewatch wants his dick, it's just

>Liliana just wants him for his body and FOUR DEMON LORDS IN A ROW
>Jace is an autist man-crushin' on his first-ever bro hard
>Sexual tension with Chandra is nothing new, unfortunately they agreed to spend a lot more time together RIGHT when Chandra decided to explore her bisexuality
>Nissa can't mind-link with him like she does with Jace and can't give him a fuckload of mana for massive damage like she does with Chandra so they don't have a dynamic beyond battle-buddies

>>48487402

What I'd love is a short story on Kaladesh about Gideon trolling the shit out of Liliana while keeping up his earnest, sincere interest in do-gooding so she refuses to believe he's smart enough to be messing with her.
>>
>>48487402
I kind of got that but at the same time, it was obvious it was intentional characterization for Noyan dar. Here it doesn't feel like it was supposed to be her underestimating him, it just feels like we are supposed to believe he is a meathead. I can't really explain how Over he difference. Maybe because the Noyan Dar story had the set up of his misinterpretation of Gideon and the pay off in the same story, so we knew it was what they were going for. Here it feels like yeah, we are just supposed to accept that he is the one that's not smart, kind of like how we are supposed to accept Jace is a snarky sarcastic fedora even though that's not how he is actually characterized 90% of the time. I would say the same goes for Liliana and Chandra but both are pretty much always portrayed as their stereotype. I never read the purifying flame so I don't know how much better Chandra is there. And Nissa is just kind of there and generically elfy. Inoffensive but kind of bland. That in and of itself is probably bad knowing how she could have been given her previous characterization combined with her "reformed" one.
>>
>>48487308
My issue wit it is that immortality isn't a big deal in a high fantasy setting like Magic and yet she chose easily the most obtuse way to go about acquiring it.

She wasn't born with it, which already seems a 50/50 crapshoot given how many fucking elves there are in the multiverse.

She didn't just become a vampire or lich or replace her fleshy bits with artifacts, despite Black being totally willing to do all three no questions asked.

No, she went and made a demonic pact with three of the most powerful demons in the multiverse, and then killed those demons (yet somehow she keeps the immortality despite violating the terms of a demonic contract which seems stupid since the people whose magic she is using to stay alive are dead)

Her story would be so much more compelling if her deal with the devil was portrayed as something incrediby stupid and naive, the consequences of rash youth that she now has to live with.

Instead of killing off kothophed, griselbrand, etc. make it so that she only stays young as long as the demons are alive to fulfill the contract, and if the pact fails she doesn't just start aging again, the years catch up with her all at once Doran Gray style. Now she's stuck babysitting demons lest they get offed and cause her to drop dead at age 200 should some do-gooder slay them

A power hungry planeswalker taking the first shot at immortality offered because they didn't realize it was a shitty deal and then having to live with the consequences of their actions would be much more compelling.

Her interactisons with people like sorin and nixilis and Bolas and nissa would be fucking hilarious too. Oh, you sold your immortal soul for something a fucking 1/1 vanilla creature gets for free? Boy you're retarded lily
>>
>>48487182
I like to think the Chain Veil broke her and railed her into that whole LADY OF PROPHECY, ENDER OF WORLDS act.

Though I'll give her this, she's probably the best suited to leading, or at least coordinating, the Gatewatch, since she actually thinks in terms of plots and schemes rather than spontaneous action brought about by one member conveniently witnessing a wrongdoing they couldn't stand to let pass by them.

Plus she's old and has seen enough shit to know how to pragmatically approach situations. It's sheer luck that the Gatewatch shoved Emrakul into the moon, by all means Liliana was absolutely right to suggest that everyone just bail the fuck out of Innistrad if they valued their lives.

So while it's well documented that black loves to conduct itself in any fashion to get its results (the friendliest friend, the evilest evil, etc), I'd rather have her champion more nuanced aspects of a color that has been pegged hard as a color of nothing but evil.

Something that doesn't craft the image of mustache-twirling, yknow what I mean?
>>
File: And That's Bingo.png (952KB, 659x811px) Image search: [Google]
And That's Bingo.png
952KB, 659x811px
Well, today is bingo, near as I can tell.

Double bingo, if you loved Gisela and Bruna.
>>
>Sorin saw all this happen before his very eyes while trapped in a pillar

I wonder what's going through his mind now that an Eldrazi Titan has been stored on his planes moon.
>>
>>48487616
Probably a gorilla warfare copypasta or the perfect combinations of swears to deliver.
>>
>>48487616

https://youtu.be/2RKfz_Q0Mek
>>
>>48487616
"Fuck why didn't I think of that "
>>
>Rakdos-Golgari kill-party
You know, I'm actually not that surprised that the Golgari are just as bad as the Rakdos.
>>
>>48487616
>I have lived for countless eons, and even I did not see that coming
>shit, Nahiri's going to just 'geddon Innistrad if she finds out about what happened (or didn't happen), guess I gotta go choke a bitch!

All for revenge.

No greater good.
No just cause.

SPELLS THAT KILL, WOULD YOU CAST THEM AT ME
>>
>>48487714
Has Vraska taken control of the Golgari?

I don't think there's a lasting source of butthurt the Golgari could muster over anything without Vraska being in the picture.
>>
>>48487598
My biggest beef is that despite being 200 years old she can't seem to take anything seriously and ends up being written like a smug quipping edgelord, and for all her talk of power she has absolutely fuck all to show for it and is the equivalent of a 40 year old who still hangs out with high schoolers. Seriously lady, get a life. Bolas has managed to spend eternity productively why can't you get off your ass and go DO something, it dosent have to be Phyrexia 2.0 but come on all those years and you're still wearing the same clothes doing the same shit making the same 2/2 zombies. She's ten times Chandra's age and yet did basically the same thing but worse.

Instead of doing Channel+Fireball using Nissa and zendikar's mana she did a bunch of dark rituals and drain life using the chain veil instead of zendikar's mana, so it was Raven Man+Veil+Liliana instead of Nissa+Zendikar+Chandra. Hardly that amazing.

Where's her plane full of zomvies and giant castle where she keeps all the wondrous shit and doomsday devices collected over the years?

Her planeswalking away and coming back with a relic of when she was an oldwalker would've been a nice way to impart this isn't her first goddamn rodeo, but nope she just flies by the seat of her pants like the rest of the "children" she mocks
>>
>>48487777
Didn't read The Secretist or the Jace V vraska short story but I was under he impression Vraska was not necessarily affiliated with the Golgari at this moment, but was actually going around being some sort of planeswalker assassin.
>>
>>48487615
Judging by the reaction, I think enough people liked Gisela that she should count.
>>
>>48487788

From what we've seen Liliana was a pretty small fish in oldwalker terms. She knew Sorin was not somebody to mess with and took orders from Bolas. She was powerful, but she was never in the same league as the others who survived the mending.

She's bigger than the modern-day fish, slightly, but smaller by far than the sharks. Even back in her heyday she was nothing compared to Sorin and Ob Nixilis.
>>
>>48487717
>Implying Nahiri isn't just going to laugh at Sorin because now he has to spend millenia on Innistrad watching the moon for any sign of eldrazi just like she had to on Zendikar

It's the perfect revenge!

>>48487777
Vraska isn't even a member of the golgari anymore.
>>
Toshiro Umezawa was literally the last time Wizards wrote a black character that wasn't a completely evil caricature or the color.
>>
>>48486919

I got the impression that Ulamog and Kozilek, for all their power, are just the ultimate end result of Emrakul twisting the life of a plane into an Eldrazi amalgamation.

I suspect that, if Brisela had lived longer, she might have become a replacement Eldrazi titan eventually.
>>
>>48487824
>implying Emrakul isn't her own warden

Eggs on face for everyone though!
>>
>>48487855
Who is fucking Drana?
>>
>>48487952

Probably nobody, that's not how vampires repro–wait.
>>
>>48487894
Really though, who's going to explain that to Sorin? He's going to watch the moon for emrakul and emrakul's going to watch for Emrakul.

>Bolas planeswalker drive-by's the seal on the moon and frees Emrakul.
>Sorin prepares to do something.
>Emrakul casts a second "Imprisoned in the Moon" on herself
>Sorin sits back down.
>This all takes five minutes.
>>
>>48487855

Wizard has never wrote a White character that was nothing more than an idiot or end up raped and/or horribly dead

Black should be happy that at least they had Toshiro.
>>
>>48487952
I would be if I could.

>>48487970
Since Zendikar vampires are live, they might actually fuck.
>>
File: 1433053367799.png (553KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1433053367799.png
553KB, 1024x1280px
Emrakul best waifu ever.
>>
>>48487595
Nothing's ever been said that elves are immortal. Longer lived, yes, but not immortal.
Innistradi vampirism is the only form of vampirism that works for retaining planeswalkerhood, and in all honesty you can't trust them to not just kill you instead.
Lichdom leaves you withered and haggish. Lilliana is too vain for that. And replacing your fleshy bits with artifacts only really works with etherium - and for being immortal, you'd need to replace everything, which may well not allow her to keep her spark, which is kind of vital. And also runs into the 'vain' thing, because aetherliches are ugly.
>>
>>48487987
What? White has Thalia, Odric, and (hopefully in commander) Rem Karolus, Slayer of Shit that Needs Killing in this block alone.
>>
File: 1460549046810.jpg (16KB, 522x346px) Image search: [Google]
1460549046810.jpg
16KB, 522x346px
>>48487855
>le black isn't evil maymay

Seriously, don't you have enough of the "breaking the establishment ebin maymay"?
It's not new, and we have White being fucked over for a long while now. Heliod, Elspeth, Avacyn, Nahiri, Elesh Norn.
Just leave us be. Black is supposed to be bad, White is supposed to be good. It stopped being inovative a decade ago, now it's just boring.
>>
>>48488006
I'm not sure about Zendikar vampires since they're part Eldrazi or some bs, but Innistrad vamps definitely are. Twins and Youths are born vampires.
>>
>>48487615
But Tamiyo didn't read a belted scroll.
Emrakul did.
Also, we had all the tribes come together two weeks ago when Thalia came to Thraben.
And if Emrakul WANTING to be sealed counts as an Actually Stunning Reveal, then it's double bingo alongside the last thing
>>
>>48488044
Dominarian elves can live for over a thousand years, plenty of time to find a more permanent solution or just quit being a bitch about dying since it's not like afterlifes and ghosts aren't a thing anyways

Full body tattoos aren't exactly pretty either, and shes a 200 year old hag anyways who alternates between demon gangbangs and hooking up with someone less than 1/4 her age. Liliana is severely lacking in game.
>>
>>48488077
>Black is supposed to be bad, White is supposed to be good.
White is supposed to be order and justice. This just happens to frequently coincide with 'good'.
Black is supposed to be selfishness and ambition. This just happens to frequently coincide with 'bad'.
>>
I really like the idea that Emrakul is the one Titan who "knows" when a plane's time to die is, so she shows up, recycles/eats it, and eventually makes a new plane for life to spring forth from, to keep the Multiverse spinning.

Ulamog and Kozilek probably sped up the destruction/death of a plane, but she is the one who has to actually destroy it, otherwise it just goes poor and all that energy is lost.

That's why she left Zendikar, the plane still had a healthy and vibrant "core" of energy. Same reason why she changed the spell from Tamiyo from a Planar Outburst/Damnnation/Wrath of God effect into Imprisoned in the Moon: Innistrad, for how fucked up the plane is for its inhabitants, still has a "living" core, as evidenced by Nissa nearly getting choked by a leyline she tried to use.

Nahiri just lured Emrakul to the plane because she knows how to mimic the "energy signal" of a plane ready to get recycled.
>>
>>48488074

Thalia you mean Liliana fuckdoll? Is she even alive?
Odric too dumb for see tha the Lunarc is fucked.
Rem is not white.
>>
>>48488044
>Innistradi vampirism is the only form of vampirism that works for retaining planeswalkerhood
And possibly Zendikar vampirism.

>>48488034
Do you have anymore "lewdrazi" pictures like that, I'm trying to collect them.

>>48488077
>Wizards themselves say that black isn't evil.
>Black is the color of business and pragmatism.
Yeah, it's not evil. It attracts evil people because it's concerned with the self, but at the same time: The Nazi's were white.

>>48488086
They've been cursed and changed by the eldrazi, but they're base humans that just consume blood and mana from the things they bite.
>>
>>48488149
Yeah, she didn't know about those when she went with the pact option. Nobody ever said she was smart.
>>
>>48488149
>Full body tattoos aren't exactly pretty either

It depends on the art, honestly.

I think the worst knocks on Lili's would be that hers are more like body scars that occasionally bleed, and also the shade of purple they glow in isn't the most flattering.

Like, if you got something a bit classier and artsy on LotV it'd look good on her, but if you dug up the original Liliana Vess card art then it's like DO NOT WANT.
>>
>>48488197

Thalia's the one who killed Brisela, and indeed has been doing most of the heroics this block that don't involve the gatewatch.

Rem struck me as a green guy.

A FUCKING GLORIOUS green guy, though, compared to the usual tree-huggers.
>>
>>48488216

And looking on how the World is now, maybe the Nazi wasn't exactly wrong ...
>>
>>48488197
Odric killed several guards to set Thalia free, she went on to fight in the battle of Thraben and killed Brisela using Avacyn's spear with the help of Saint Traft, a Geist army and Sigarda.

She's easily the most competent non-walker left on the plane.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/saint-traft-and-flight-nightmares-2016-07-13
>>
>>48488235
I like it when green isn't just "tree hugging hippie". You can be green and not be a nature loving fuck.
>>
>>48488235

The spear of a Red mad Angel killed Brisela. And the Blue card that posses her.
>>
File: 1437524813952.png (705KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1437524813952.png
705KB, 1200x1500px
>>48488216
I will help as I can, but I no have many.
>>
So now than EMN's story is mostly wrapped up, what next? A couple URs for prologue and exposition about what's gonna happen to Innistrad, probably setting up Sigarda and Thalia to make a new order of religion to keep Emrakul in the Moon, then a few weeks of URs related to the new Conspiracy set and then off Chandra goes to Kaladesh for some R&R?
>>
>>48488216
Zendikari vampires are alive, but it seems that they're not able to be planeswalkers due to their Eldrazi connection
>>
>>48488271

>Moving the goalposts this hard

Yeah, nah, fuck you. Thalia killed Brisela, with the moonsilver spear of a white guardian angel and a white/blue ghost giving her wings.
>>
>>48488248
Remember to keep /pol/ in /pol/
The Nazi's were bad, who blamed all of their problems on another group, built an economy that only functioned on war, and then tried to take over the entirety of Europe because everyone hated them. End of discussion.

>>48488330
We still don't have confirmation on that other than "There haven't been any zendikar vampire planeswalkers"
Additionally, unlike phyrexia, there isn't any inherent incompatibility between Eldrazi modification and the spark, otherwise Emrakul wouldn't have been able to fuck with Jace's mind and assume direct control over Tamiyo.
>>
>>48488332

White Green Angel, the Pure White Waifu become Red and Yandere.

Any Card with Blue in it is Blue, andd if they are Goyf they are blue too even when Green.
>>
>>48488308
Gideon acts out the story of Orpheus and Eurydice on Theros as he tries to dig Elspeth out of the underworld to stop a Phyrexian interplanar expedition from setting up shop, along the way he atones for his origin story hubris and makes peace with the friends he lost.

Twist reveal: Ashiok is a dick and the Phyrexian invasion was just Ash bringing nightmares into reality.

Keranos goes "FUCKING PLANESWALKERS REEEEEEE" and demands that everyone who has ever personally set foot on more than one world must go and stay go from Theros.

Closing image is Elspeth's hand gripping a golden funeral mask.
>>
>>48488184
I like Ulamog cleans the plane, Kozilek makes the "canvas" (bismuth) and Emrakul paints on it or makes life start.
>>
File: Prophecize this, mortals!.jpg (813KB, 1405x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Prophecize this, mortals!.jpg
813KB, 1405x1003px
>>48488404
>Keranos
fuck, Kruphix.

Fuck this pantheon naming convention.
>>
>>48488446
It's like*
>>
>>48488184

But then the question becomes "Why seal yourself in the moon?" If Emrakul could sense it wasn't the plane's time for whatever, why not just leave? Was she too weakened to leave at the time? Was it an attempt to hide/protect herself from something more ominous?
>>
File: 1465250297337.jpg (32KB, 245x417px) Image search: [Google]
1465250297337.jpg
32KB, 245x417px
>>48488447
>Kruphix's face when Phyrexia comes a knockin
>>
File: 1468873003401.jpg (134KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1468873003401.jpg
134KB, 786x1017px
>>48488278
That's definitely one I have.
>>
>>48488480
Perhaps the cryptolith network wasn't LETTING her leave?
>>
>>48488308
We still haven't gotten any seeds for the poor thread they're following to Kaladesh. I don't even think the artbook mentions it even though BFZ's explained why Jace was going to Innistrad. I'm assuming they're going to artifact world to figure out something about the Chain Veil but we don't know for sure.
>>
>>48488512

I wonder if that was a contingency Nahiri had in place just in case Emrakul was a picky eater.

>"Come here, you godawful monstrosity! This plane's protector is a total douche! Eat it!"
>"I don't wanna. It's gross."
>"You are not leaving this plane until you eat it all up, missy!"
>>
>>48488512
The cryptoliths were just sent mana signals out to attract Emrakul. That was their purpose. They may have a hidden one revealed later but there's currently no hidden importance behind them hasn't been explained
>>
>>48488527
Chandra visiting home and bringing along her oathbound companions when shit goes down seems likely.

Alternativelt, if this set is supposed to be a break from constant multiverse ending threats then she can invite the others to her home to kick back and relax after the Eldrazi nightmare, maybe deal with a civillage war or two since it's still gotta have some conflict
>>
>>48486288
He wants to be able to forgive himself.
>>
File: 1441804558885.jpg (112KB, 770x740px) Image search: [Google]
1441804558885.jpg
112KB, 770x740px
>>48488559
>Everyone thinks the worst is over
>"Hey Chandra, what's that black liquid on your pants?"
>Mfw
>>
>>48488559
A conflict is clearly set up during Origins with there being civil unrest with the Consul and rebels. Thought the significance of that as it ties to the name Aether Revolt and the Inventor's Fair play thread we don't know. I'm just upset that new planeswalker whose name I've forgotten means Daretti probably won't be in the set so there won't be two artifact planeswalkers.
>>
>>48488590
It's either going to be Kaladesh, or more likely, Theros that becomes the first target of Phyrexia
>>
File: Kaladesh.png (395KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Kaladesh.png
395KB, 1080x1920px
>>48488527
>>48488559
>>
>>48488527
Maybe Jace saying something about his weird visions and whatnot?
And then Chandra decides LET'S GO LIBERATE MUH HOMEPLANE without telling the others what they're liberating it FROM.
>>
>>48488480

Wheels within wheels.

Plus, in failing to annihilate a group of planeswalkers on the spot, perhaps Emrakul has realized that her own well being is better protected by making it harder for such individuals to summon and direct magics at her, rather than continue to wander only for another group of walkers to try and bait her?

I guess it'll all come down to whether or not her next appearance also includes a rather deliberate focus on erasing Ugin from existence, what with Ugin having been the principle thorn in the Eldrazi's side in his quest to figure out what their purpose is. Maybe Emrakul just doesn't want anything to do with planeswalkers and their bullshit?
>>
>>48488636

Theros would be an odd target for them, I think. The Phyrexians spread so successfully on Mirrodin because of all the metal there, but there's a ton of shit on Theros that isn't even 100% REAL.
>>
>>48488636
>Theros btfos Phyrexia so hard they can't ever start up their full-swing invasion.
I want to see the Phyrexiafag asspain. It'll be glorious.

>>48488656
Theros doesn't have IRON yet. At the rate it's going, Theros will be a fortress world because they're going to make everything about non-corruptable dreammater or something
>>
>>48488656
>>48488676
>Phyrexia comes in full steam
>Kills all humans
>Gods die
>The End

They don't need metal on the world, it just helps
>>
>>48488656
Yeah but Elspeth exists to get shat on.

Also there's so much flesh ripe for compleating.

Also gold is cheap in the underworld and you know Phyrexia is all about the bling.

Odds are it's just Ashiok trolling Kruphix and drawing upon the Eldrazi-Bolas-Phyrexia nightmare triumvirate the UG god is unnerved by.
>>
>>48488216
>Do you have anymore "lewdrazi" pictures like that, I'm trying to collect them.
>>
>>48488656
>>48488676
Wizards needs a reason for Elspeth to join the Gatewatch so the invasion will start just as she gets out of Nix and will be powerless to stop it
>>
>>48488707
>Phyrexia can't get to the humans through the hordes of nyxborn or god-caused natural disasters
>Gods literally pick up and smash phyrexian war machines before depositing their remains in the nearest volcano.
>Kruphix knows exactly who every phyrexian sleeper agent is because he knows all this shit.
>Pharika cures phyresis because she got 700% prayer power because of it.
>Phyrexia's war machine of "Kill people, process them, send them out to kill their friends" never comes online because the nyxborn are made of dreammatter.
>>
File: ul_chan.jpg (41KB, 560x799px) Image search: [Google]
ul_chan.jpg
41KB, 560x799px
>>48488740
Eh, I'll take it.
>>
File: 1452140366896.jpg (95KB, 701x1139px) Image search: [Google]
1452140366896.jpg
95KB, 701x1139px
>>48488216
Does this count?
>>
>>48488714
>phyrexians made solely of gold

That's actually baller as fuck.
>>
>>48488655
>if it hadn't been for one guy REALLY liking dragons, Ugin wouldn't be alive right now
>Ulamog and Kozilek would have completely wrecked Zendikar
>The Gatewatch wouldn't have been there to work with Tamiyo and give Emrakul the option of sealing herself in the moon
>Emrakul just continues to float around Innistrad for centuries, poking at it in confusion
>The other two keep coming by to ask her over like the good old days, but she just keeps trying to figure out what's wrong with this one world

Sarkhan saved Emrakul from crippling depression.
>>
>>48487616

"Oh god its eating Thraben, its... wait. Fuck, that's a lot of black mana getting thrown around over there. Is that Lilianna? Nice effort, girl, but that isn't going to work. You can't just kill an Eldrazi you noob."
"Well, the black mana blasts finally stopped. I guess that she finally is- whats that sound?"

MOON

CRYSTAL

POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

"I... honestly have no fucking idea who just did that. Now there is an Eldrazi stuck in the moon. It must have been some neowalker shits, but since when is this something they can do? Under my nose on Innistrad of all places?"

"I feel like I have lost control of my life."

[suffers physical agony internal and external]
>>
>>48488823
>Jin and Juice Gitaxias, Core Baller
>>
>>48488656
>>48488676
>>48488707
>>48488714
>>48488756
>Gatewatch goes to Kaladesh to research artifacts because lol!Chain Veil
>Run into Tezzeret there, find out about Phyrexia
>He mentions something about Elspeth
>Return to Theros to recruit Elspeth for the battle against Phyrexia
>>
>>48488780
>>
>>48488821
That's a little too loli/humanized for my needs.

>>48488929
That's hilarious. I'll take it.
>>
>>48488902
>"it's not a hobby, it's a way of life- The life of creating the perfect bottom bitch."
>>
What exactly happens to Innistrad now that emrakul has sealed herself away?

I find it hard to believe the entire plane isn't totally fucked even if Thalia's truce with Olivia doesn't immediately get broken.

I guess it's a good thing Sigarda and her flight are green, because this fucking plane is gonna need some serious repopulating.

3/4 of the angels are dead, Avacyn is gone, there's stI'll werewolves and vampires running rampant, Zombies still a problem not to mention the remaining eldrazi spawn shambling about

Ludevic appearing out of nowhere with his latest masterpiece, a machine that converts Eldrazi lattice into food and fuel that kickstarts Innistrad's industrial revolution, turning Thraben into Dunwall is about the only way I see them not getting wiped out.
>>
>>48488951
Too bad.
>>
Taking my bitchcraft over here, since it doesn't belong in the feels thread. TL;DR "indestructible isn't, this sucks".
>>48485723
>>48488270
>>48488390
The occasional Arrest or similar is fine. I don't mean to prevent absolutely everything, and I do mean to keep TWWT snappy.

What grinds my gears is that there is such a variety of removing indestructibles that is both wide in means and long on cards. Searching Gatherer just now, I found that *in current Standard only*, there are 7 cards starting with "A" that can make an indestructible creature leave play, 7 more cards starting with "B" that can do so, and 5 more starting with "C".

"Indestructible", my ass. Maybe the keyword should be buffed to protect from exile effects along with destroy effects or something.
>>
>>48488852

That's all sorts of adorable.

"Emrakul, please leave."

"I can't! I have to do... things!"

"What kind of things?"

[writhes tentacles in confusion]
>>
There's going to be severe consequences with the chain veil after pulling that much power from it, they will go to kaladesh in hopes of finding a way to remove the veil and lili will be near death. Whatever is in the chain veil will be the catalyst for mtg lore for a few sets most likely
>>
File: Ikakul.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ikakul.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>48488216
>>
>>48489034
This honestly isn't the thread for that either, though the quantity of exile effects in standard at the moment is due entirely to the presence of Battle for Zendikar block. As well, when That Which Was Taken was printed, Indestructable was a brand new thing on less than a dozen cards or so, and they weren't sure just HOW strong it would be. They've figured it out since then and have found they can put it on a lot more things than they thought originally.
>>
>>48489070
I HAVE TO MAKE THE NEW PLANE BUT THIS DEAD PLANE KEEPS LIVING, NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE
>>
>>48489001

I think Innistrad is in a weird sort of balance as a result of all sides being equally devastated by Emrakul's shenanigans.

Its true that the humans and the angels got wrecked and lost a lot of their strength, but the werewolves and the vampires got wrecked just as bad. Clan Volderan is the only vampire line that is still around, and even they lost a bunch of their numbers in the assaults on Nahiri and Thraben. If Olivia is not careful, its entirely possible that Innistrad vampires could go extinct entirely. The humans will likely bounce back numbers-wise faster than the vampires will, presuming they can survive these next few scary years.

The biggest threat to Innistrad now, ignoring an Emrakul jailbreak, is the demons. It don't recall them getting BTFO by the Eldrazi as much as the rest of Innistrad's inhabitants, though since Angels were vulnerable to eldrazi corruption I imagine at least some of the demons were as well. Strange we didn't see any...
>>
>>48489150

From what I recall, the artbook says Ormendahl and most of the other demons got eldrazified offscreen and started trying to eat the plane.

MaRo said there "wasn't room" for the demons but also appears to have been misinformed that they mostly died out in AVR despite Innistrad's lore being that nothing can kill demons forever.
>>
File: 57894310_p0.jpg (975KB, 1200x1818px) Image search: [Google]
57894310_p0.jpg
975KB, 1200x1818px
>>48488216
>>
>>48489213
>>48489111
These are a bit too loli/humanized. I'm trying to find pictures that are sort of "Yup, that's an eldrazi." I think I've got pretty much everything that's out there at the moment

This isn't too lewd, is it?
>>
>>48489175

It usually still takes years, even centuries, for the demons to reform though, right?

Any and all of the demons that were killed onscreen in basically any previous Innistrad lore are probably still dead. Maybe not dead forever, but dead for the moment.
>>
>>48489121
This isn't it either? Huh, flavor seems like the right thread for discussing the watering down of evocative terms until they have to be renamed for meaninglessness. "Removed from game" wasn't any more, and while I'll grant that exile is big right now, it's hardly the only thing making a mockery of the term "indestructible" - there's also bounce to hand, put on top of library, forced sacrifice, toughness reduction, and miscellaneous things like Bonds of Mortality or Burn from Within that can all get an indestructible creature off the battlefield.
>>
>>48489258
We also don't know if any Eldrazified demons get to regen, or if Griselbrand getting offed by the Chain Veil made him permadead or just means there's going to be a Griselbrand-strength demon coming back in the future.
>>
>>48488480
>"Why seal yourself in the moon?"
>Implying Emrakul was actually sealed into the moon, and not secretly jettisoned into the blind eternities.

Gatewatch just put their tag on the moon for no reason.
>>
>>48488184
>I really like the idea that Emrakul is the one Titan who "knows" when a plane's time to die is, so she shows up, recycles/eats it, and eventually makes a new plane for life to spring forth from, to keep the Multiverse spinning.

I personally think a more interesting twist would be following up on the idea that Emrakul generated new Eldrazi form the mass of tentacles on the plain. But the inhabitants of the plane rejected her command and presence too much for things to be properly melded together.
>>
>>48489300

It's even possible that Ormendahl is just Griselbrand's reincarnation, one year later.

They're pretty vague with the demons, which didn't matter in the original block since only a few escaped the Helvault, but this time they kinda got shafted by the genre shift to cosmic horror, which didn't leave much room for demons.
>>
>>48489254
Only remember that this is a blue board.

I don't want that you be banned.
>>
>>48489389
Good point. I'll delete it myself.
I'm pretty sure that file was good though, it debuted in a /tg/ drawthread after all.
>>
>>48489299
And of those, only two are things that are used with any frequency - toughness reduction and bounce, and both were around when Indestructable was first created and were decided to be ways to get rid of Indestructable.
Edicts can't get an indestructable unless it's the ONLY thing the opponent has (and I think there's maybe...two cards that let you force them to sacrifice something in particular), putting on the library is just Bigger Bounce and is rare as hell, Bonds was a card made specifically to be 'Make it so you can kill the Eldrazi Titans', and Burn from Within is a one-off X burn spell with a different rider condition (influenced most likely by the presence of quite a few cards that have or grant indestructible in the format at the moment).
Indestructible protects against the most common ways of killing something. The fact that it isn't 100% will never leave the table is a GOOD thing, because otherwise they would never use it.
>>
File: i like it.jpg (9KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
i like it.jpg
9KB, 230x219px
>Emrakul recognizes Jace's mind as extraordinary for a plane dweller and decides to pay his consciousness a visit
>Tests his intellect via a game of Chess
>Half-bored, let him have a quick win while contemplating whether Innistrad is ripe for recycling or if she could have been manipulated to come here
>Concerned, she hides in the Moon to think the recent events over
>>
"They are all my pieces, Jace Beleren. They always were. I just no longer want to play."

For once Wizards manage to make something menacing without coming across as needlessly edgy.

Poor tamiyo, hopefully she's not too fucked up long term
>>
>>48489449
>Emrakul seals herself because Innistrad isn't ripe for the decimating and the cryptoliths are keeping her from leaving
>>
File: steins_gate.jpg (444KB, 1281x721px) Image search: [Google]
steins_gate.jpg
444KB, 1281x721px
>>48489449

This raises the depressing possibility that Emrakul has been trying to communicate all along, but no one's mind could take it.

"Hello. I am an ageless abomination from beyond the blind eternities, and I seem a bit lost. Can I ask you for directions?"

"IA! IA! SHUB-NUGIATH!"

"...I wish Kozilek was here."
>>
>>48489548
According to the mad prophets on Innistrad, if we are to believe them, Emmy heralds not the end, but transcendence. Recycling. But she can only recycle a plane after Ulamog and Kozilek have leveled them and reshaped them. It's like Ugin said. The Eldrazi are part of an ecosystem larger than Jace could fathom.
>>
>>48489413
Yeah, it's worth remembering that the most common way a creature's going to leave the board is combat, and that's still blocked by indestructible.
>>
I adore how they have done SOI/Eldritch Moon. Todays story makes me genuinely excited to see both the long term affects of current events, and the Gatewatch characters interacting.

I honestly didn't expect the Emrakul twist.
>>
>>48489636
>Eldrazi did nothing wrong
>The Gatewatch did everything wrong
I can get behind this
>>
>>48489548
Anything we find incomprehensible and alien will surely find us equally incomprehensible and alien.
>>
>>48489001
Innistrad's fine. They shake off apocalypses every Friday.

The only thing they have to worry about it cleaning up the mutants and Phyrexia invading, the latter never happening.

Or the elves coming back, provided Wizards didn't retcon them.
>>
>>48489718

Yeah. I was expecting Emrakul to just be yet another generic eldrazi titan. This revelation that the Eldrazi actually have their own strangle goals and personality is a welcome one.

It makes it feel like, for all the horrifying shit that Emrakul just laid down on Innistrad, Emrakul didn't actually mean anyone any harm. It mindscrewed people just by being there, it started mutating people touched by its influence across the plane... but we never see it actually attack anyone.
>>
>>48489778
Well except for Liliana and the Gatewatch.

There was some conscious effort directed at the planeswalker party, the way I understood it.
>>
>>48489756

Which is a recurring theme, really. Both Ugin and Tamiyo have both said in no uncertain terms that the gatewatch's actions have been foolish, reckless, and alarmingly uninformed. They are dealing with shit they don't understand, with consequences they don't even bother to guess at.

Saving a plane from destruction sure sounds like a good idea, but IS IT REALLY?
>>
>>48489778
The only one Emrakul actually attacked was Liliana, and that was in self defense, really.
>>
>>48489813
Yea, it seems the Chain Veil was powerful enough to actually hurt Emrakul

Do we actually have an idea of how powerful that thing is ?
>>
>>48489811

Emrakul did direct its attention at the Gatewatch, but that was mostly in the form of a psychic attack. The same psychic attack which was, in retrospect, it searching their minds and attempting to make contact, leading to its interaction with Jace and taking Tamiyo's turn for her.

The only one I can remember it attacking physically was Lilianna, who was constantly blasting the shit out of it with the chain veil. That seems pretty justified. If a bug bites you, you swat it.
>>
>>48487369
Liliana is the daughter of a warlord. Gideon looks like a general to the gatewatchers because they'e a nerd, a rogue and a ranger. But to someone who constantly manages armies, he's a lieutenant at best.
>>
>>48489849
I'm just pointing out actual action taken by the tentacle entity.

Everything else was more of a case of her overwhelming being overtaking the world and manifesting within anything exposed to it, which is more a passive thing.
>>
>>48489838
Birdman says not even 100 veils would kill it, so maybe a couple hundred thousand would do.
>>
File: B9gZYXD.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
B9gZYXD.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>yfw Ermakul just wants to talk
Spending millenia with no social contact must feel bad.
>>
>>48488590
Compleated Chandra joins with Urabrask and "liberates" Kaladesh when?
>>
>>48487595
Liches can't have sparks.
Zombies can't have sparks.
Elves are not immortal.
Tezzeret ages.
Sorin would not turn her and she can't trust any other Innistrad vampire.
She didn't take the first choice, she went to Bolas because she had ran out of options, and he put her on the demon path because she was a useful assed to his murderhobo gang.
>>
>>48489898

He's not wrong. Even ignoring Emrakul's apparent regeneration, without binding Emrakul to the plane 100%, you are still only dealing with a fragment of Emrakul's true existence. Lilianna, no matter her firepower, cannot reach the rest of the Eldrazi she is shooting at. And she doesn't know enough about what she is fighting to know that.
>>
>>48489960
>Even ignoring Emrakul's apparent regeneration, without binding Emrakul to the plane 100%, you are still only dealing with a fragment of Emrakul's true existence. Lilianna, no matter her firepower, cannot reach the rest of the Eldrazi she is shooting at.
Sounds suspiciously like an Endbringer from Worm.
>>
>>48489955

Although, if your spark is a part of your soul, would it be possible for a normal planeswalker to become a lich who can planeswalk using their phylactery-spark as a tool?
>>
File: IMG_20160727_163350.jpg (509KB, 1100x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160727_163350.jpg
509KB, 1100x490px
Just finished Zendikar and am about to start Innistrad. Been really enjoying the lore. It reminds me of being young and flipping through DnD player guides, even though I didn't know how to play.

What do we know about Kaladesh? I like fantasy and horror, but steampunk is all new to me.
>>
>>48490038
Thopter surveillance conspiracy theorists.

I will riot if there's no allegory for drone spying in Kaladesh.
>>
>>48490038
> What do we know about Kaladesh?

Chandra's home plane. Magic use is very very rare, and in at least some places people born with magical ability are treated as dangers that need to be put down.

Instead, the plane focuses on using very small amounts of mana to fuel artifacts instead that can be used by anyone. What other planes accomplish through singular powerful individuals with innate gifts, Kaladesh innovates to be available to anyone regardless of their magical ability.

Chandra, as a fire mage, was considered akin to a walking bomb. Her parents were killed for trying to protect her. Chandra blew up a street and planeswalked away when cornered, and as far as we know has never been back since.
>>
>>48489001
Innistrad 3 will be about the worst monster of all: Immigrants.
>>
>>48489150
The Falkenrath are around still and they are the worst vampires when it comes to measured eating, and we don't have confirmation of all Stromkirk being dead. Only Markov got entirely wiped and even that is an easy retcon away since we did not see Edgar's corpse.
>>
Ok credit to Wizards, this completely caught me off guard.
>>
>>48490084
>>48490191
You guys make it sound a lot better than MtG has been selling it.

If I have been reading the art books, are there other suggestions online I should look into, or do the art books just about cover it all? I really enjoy the worlds more than the main characters, but both are still interesting.

Haven't really played Magic since 5th Edition, so sorry for all the newbie questions.
>>
>>48490478
I thought the Falkenrath got killed by Avacyn and co. off-screen in the time between AVR and SOI, which is why there's basically none of them left, and the few we do see are chilling with Olivia because they don't have anywhere else to go.
>>
>>48490405
>Implying it won't be about the horrors of the unexplored world beyond Innistrad
There's so much fucking potential in the different types of horror tropes they have yet to do
>Antarctic land with horrors frozen deep within the ice, ready to be released
>Jungles with tribes of werebeasts and voodoo magic
>Isolated islands where a mad scientist combines shipwrecked humans and the island's wildlife in order to create man-beast hybrids
>Ancient tombs with great riches, terrible curses, and mummified kings within
>Paranoid colonies assaulted from all sides by horrors old and new
>>
>>48488480
>Be literal manifestation death and rebirth of planes
>Get summoned to some shithole by woman with daddy issues
>Realize someone is manipulating events for reasons unknown
>Fuck this shit I'm out.
>>
>>48487369
>effective general and tactician

Where'd you get that idea? He's an amazing people person and an inspiration to his troops, sure. But the one time he led he fucked up horribly, marching his troops in essentially single file towards Sea Gate with no thoughts of how best to use them. He had his fliers walk for God's sake. He understands ground combat, but he doesn't take the time to think through how each of the different skillsets under his command can best be applied, essentially relying on Tazri or Jace to do it for him.
>>
>>48490621
>cont'd
After his plans went to shit first, of course.
>>
>>48490518
MTG's lore the past few years has been very hit-or-miss. Sometimes there's cool, interesting stories (like Kruphix talking to one of his priests about being afraid of extra-planar stuff like Eldrazi, Bolas, or Phyrexians). And other times it sucks ass (most of the Nissa-only stories during BFZ block where she's trying to re-connect to the plane and find her fucking elemental).

The fluff of the planes the past few years (Zendikar being adventure planet with a hidden secret of eldritch horrors being locked away in the earth, Innistrad being gothic horror 24/7/365, Theros being not!Greek mythology, and Kaladesh being all "artifacts for everyone" in a not-Mirrodin way) is solid. It's just conveyed to us poorly in most of the URs.

Or the planeswalkers fuck it up.
>>
>>48490583
There's a bunch of eldrazified Falkenrath in EMN.
>>
>>48488655
its implied very heavily that Emrakul won the instant she turned her attention upon the Gatewatch. Liliana managed to distract her physical form for only a few short moments, and Jaces most elaborate defense spell didn't protect Nissa or Tamiyo, and only granted him a brief respite.
>>
>>48490583
Word on the cobblestone is that Anje Falkenrath herself is back in town.
>>
>>48490696
"They are all my pieces, Jace Beleren. They always were. I just no longer want to play."
>>
>>48490788
Easily one of the coolest quotes to come out of the past two years.
>>
File: 1393081033954.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1393081033954.gif
393KB, 640x360px
>>48490788
Post yfw Insurrection reprint with new art and that quote as flavor text
>>
>>48490605
We won't get any of this because people would see the absence of werewolves and vampires as "not muh Innistrad"
>>
>>48488404
Why does everyone ignore Dack Fayden? He's already in the underworld looking for Erebos' treasure.
>>
File: Insurrection.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Insurrection.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>48490958
I tried
>>
>>48491033
Comic book land is kinda detached from uncharted realms serials, that's my excuse.
>>
>>48490026
I'd assume since karn has urzas spark it would be possible for a lich to attain a spark as well
>>
>>48490788
"It is coming, Jace. I am coming. Keep moving. Find your answers. But quickly. Time points one way, and it does so with hunger."
>>
Kaladesh seems boring to me. I really hate artifact oriented sets that don't deal with phyrexia. Thopters are really boring. Hopefully kaladesh is a little more fleshed out instead of it being groups of artifact wielders vs other artifact wielders.
>>
>>48491200
...so you don't like Alara? That's the only artifact-based set/block that doesn't deal with Phyrexia so far, and even that was only one shard of five
>>
File: 1436953484185.png (71KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1436953484185.png
71KB, 225x225px
>>48491200
>An entire block filled with 1/1 flying thopters getting shit out everywhere
>>
>"Growth! Growth is the answer! The only answer! Entropy cannot lose. But must it win? Of course sacrifice must be made. Why do they fight it? Eternity without sacrifice offers only the screaming torpor. Blood must be churned, churned thick. Why do they fear life? Why do they fear truth?"

Odds are we probably figured out the grand purpose the Eldrazi serve, I mean cosmic maintenance and upkeep is kinda predictable.

But still they threw open the door to unanswered questions and cosmic mystery here. The Eldrazi serve a purpose, they are part of a grand design, but who if anyone enacted this grand design? And what if it's just, for lack of a better way to express it, the will of the blind eternities itself, an underlying natural mechanism designed to ensure its continued existence? What if it's a mechanism that has become aware of its own nature, an existence emanated from nonexistence?

>>48491200
Actually as a tech minded guy and someone who has kinda high expectations for genrepunk, I am excited at the possibilities Kaladesh can entertain.

Genrepunk tends to be pretty good at predicting trends ahead of schedule, and also can function very well as commentary on cutting edge stuff and how it shapes society. Today we live in a world where drones are accessible to anyone anywhere in nearly all shapes and sizes; once the Nixie comes out you'll have a fucking quadrotor that you can wear as a wristband, for fuck's sake! Drones have enabled things completely unforeseen not too long ago, stuff like automated autonomous delivery all the way to amateur espionage and privacy invasion, and what better way to muse on these things and how they affect us than through Kaladesh, a world ruled by magitek and where thopters are plentiful enough to hamfist a parallel between fiction and reality?

That said, I doubt WotC will deliver on that front. But still, the possibilities!
>>
So, assuming that there's nothing big left to happen on Innistrad, we get like 1 or maybe 2 wrap up stories and then talk about conspiracy 2 for a little bit since that comes out in a month.

Then Kaladesh, I presume.
>>
File: 558_soliton.jpg (112KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
558_soliton.jpg
112KB, 620x450px
>>48491200
The first set will probably be thopters, constructs and equipment.

Second set will probably be constructs, equipment for artifact creatures, and anti-non-artifact robot uprising shenanigans.
>>
WHAT FUCKING SCROLL DID TAMIYO TRY TO USE BEFORE GETTING MINDFUCKED

Was it the Serra scroll?
>>
>>48490017
That's Scion's gimmick, not the Endbringers', IIRC.

Good taste.
>>
>>48492752
It was the scroll of Fiora which has for a long time now been completely destroyed. A great cataclysm befell the plane in attempt by a currently unknown planeswalker to gain permanent control over it.
The current series of Conspiracy sets are nothing more but information kept on the scroll turned into sets. A game based on a history of a great but fallen world..
>>
>>48492752
>"As this monster took over my body and read a scroll, a scroll that should have brought devastation to everything on this plane...instead it fueled a spell that trapped herself here. How did that happen, Jace? Why did it happen? What did we just do?"
Probably
>>
>>48492884
Dack would be so mad
>>
>>48492752
I don't know. We know the second scroll was supposed to be "Planar Collapse". Until Emrakul changed it.
>>
>>48492914
He's currently tracking down Tamiyo to steal the scroll from her. He hopes to some how use it to recreate Fiora.
"If I can make a beast from mana, or a house, or a tree, or even summon cities as long as I know how to cast the spell, then this scroll should be just like those spells, just a whole lot bigger."
>>
>>48492959
That reminds me of Final Fantasy X
>>
>>48486718
Anon, Lovecraft is Cosmic Horror
>>
>>48487314
>Implying Gideon doesn't want to give Jace the D
>>
File: Mana-Echoes-Sliver-Queen-Combo.jpg (159KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mana-Echoes-Sliver-Queen-Combo.jpg
159KB, 428x600px
When are Slivers coming back?
>>
can we please have the Gatewatch lose on the next plane

alternatively, can we check in in Koth or Elspeth or Narset
>>
>>48487182
#Sorintheherowedeserve
Wizards knows sorin's powerlevel, so they make him useless so the neowalkers can save the day
>>
File: Shitty waifu.jpg (169KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shitty waifu.jpg
169KB, 1280x720px
>>48488034
You waifu a shit
>>
>>48494764

I'm pretty sure this counts as a loss, or at the very least not a win.
>>
>>48494998
Big-time pyrrhic victory for them.
>>
Hey, so in Ravnica can the Guildless join a guild, or is it something you have to be part of at birth?
>>
>>48495178
It's most likely like applying for a job.
Birth can help you, but I don't see a reason why a gateless wouldn't be able to join a guild.
>>
File: marit lage.png (195KB, 980x332px) Image search: [Google]
marit lage.png
195KB, 980x332px
I think Emrakul could still be Marit Lage.
>>
>>48487824
Yeah, I think if Nahiri heard Emmy was put in the moon, she'd just laugh at the irony and eye for an eye, then go back to doing whatever.
>>
>>48495481
Until Emmy escapes in Innistrad 3: Back in the Habit, will she even do anything? She's not even really "on" the world so there's not even any real excuse for a Roil type thing.

Maybe weird tides?
>>
>>48488491
He already admitted Theros would get its shit pushed in. Phyrexia, Eldrazi... fuck, Bolas alone is virtually admitted to be stronger than the gods as is.

Theros is a nothing in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>48495535

What would Innistrad 3 even be about? I feel like since SOI's genre shift was apparently "we felt we'd used up all the gothic horror stuff last time," then they definitely used up all the cosmic horror stuff this time. Where does that leave them? It'd be boring for it just to be "Eldrazi ruin everything 2: Electric Boogaloo."

>>48495481

What is Nahiri going to do, anyway? She has her revenge, Ugin has a good reason for not answering her call and isn't likely to dilly-dally obligingly while she sets up a network on Tarkir, there's nothing to call TO Tarkir if she did, and I kinda feel like Nahiri just going back to Zendikar and trying to forget she murdered thousands by proxy out of spite isn't a satisfying end.
>>
>>48490026
No, with the "out" of "unless it works for the story" as a qualifier.
>>
>>48495544

Kurphix expressing worry about planar threats =/= Kruphix saying his pantheon would get shitstomped. He doesn't actually know how a full scale battle would go, and would very much like not to find out.
>>
>>48495544
He said Theros could get its shit pushed in, all he knows is what the planeswalkers know and have seen, Elspeth sees the Phyrexians as a never ending army so that what Kruphix thinks they are, Ajani saw Bolas as an unstoppable elder dragon he's not too far off the mark but Bolas can be beaten and Kiora saw the Eldrazi as world eating monsters so that what Kruphix saw.
He's the god of possibilities, if Phyrexians ever make it to the Therosian underworld Theros is screwed otherwise they have to make new Phyrexians the old fashioned way because the world is barely in the bronze age.
>>
>>48495580

Nahiri thinks Zendikar is doomed/dead.
>>
>>48495664

Also, since Nyx is affected at least in part by what's going on in the consciousness of mortals I'm kind of curious what will happen if phyresis starts to take hold.
>>
>>48495580
>What would Innistrad 3 even be about?
Read >>48490605
>>
File: innistrad3avengersvsgalactus.jpg (199KB, 728x1061px) Image search: [Google]
innistrad3avengersvsgalactus.jpg
199KB, 728x1061px
>>48495580
Innistrad 3 can only be about one thing.
>>
>>48495670

>Nahiri goes to a cave to be angsty forever now that her home is supposedly gone and she has her revenge
>Kiora, passing through, relates that the titans are dead on Zendikar and the land is beginning to recover
>Nahiri goes to investigate, finds out Kiora was right; while she spent a year mourning her home and planning her revenge on Sorin, some kids came along in a couple of months and figured out how to destroy two eldrazi forever
>Thousands of dead Innistradi float briefly in front of Nahiri's mind's eye
>Sorin, still stuck in the wall, gets a surprise visit from a sheepish Kor with a comfy chair, a pizza, and a sudden need to talk
>The humans assume, from the swearing that can be heard for miles around, that Markov Manor's ruins are haunted as shit and stay away from it.
>>
>>48495682
Imagine a nyxborn Phyrexian they still partially worship the father of machines right? Or is it all Norn worship now? Cause that's either Elesh Norn "subtitle" Enchantment Creature - God Preator or a false Karn type god.
>>
>>48495735
>gets a surprise visit from a sheepish Kor with a comfy chair, a pizza, and a sudden need to talk
>Oldwalker
>Ever admitting to their mistakes and talking things over like reasonable people
If that was true none of their shit would have happened in the first place.
>>
>>48495735
>>48495764
Makeup sex.
yes
>>
>Oh, Nissa.

Damn, Jace. Fucking savage.
>>
>>48495764

Literally all of this could have been prevented if Sorin had admitted fault in any capacity.

>"shit mb Nahiri, the signal being blocked was a total accident."

Literally all it took, but no Sorin can't stop being an edgelord for five bloody seconds.
>>
>>48495764

Point taken.

>In a universe where Oldwalkers aren't the worst:
>"Sorin! ...Sorin? *sigh* WAKE THE FUCK UP!"
>"Nghn!" Sorin jerked upright, head pounding. After several minutes, one bleary eye focused on Nahiri, tapping her foot. "N'hri? Uhn, what YEAR is it?"
>"That's all you have to say after all this time? Are you drunk?"
>"Drunk's more fun," Sorin grumbled, shakily getting up. "What's going on?"
>"What the HELL, Sorin? We agreed if I called you'd come running. The eldrazi nearly busted out! I called and nobody showed up! I was able to control the situation, but...just what the FUCK, Sorin?"
>"Eh?" Sorin blinked, scratching his head. "I've been busy, but I'd have known your signal if I got it. I–" Sorin paused. "Oh, fuck me. My new wards must've blocked it. Look, I'm REALLY sorry, that was an honest mistake." He added quickly when he saw the look on Nahiri's face.
>"I'll accept your apology when you come to Zendikar and help me make sure they're not getting out."
>"Do we have to go NOW?"
>"This is IMPORTANT, Sorin!"
>"I mean are the Eldrazi going to break out if we take like half an hour for me to get my head on straight?" Sorin asked. Nahiri, seeing her mentor looking more ragged than she'd ever seen him before, relented slightly.
>"...We've got that long, at least." She conceded.
>"Good. Come on in. My kid can make us breakfast." Sorin said, looking relieved.
>"It has been a while since I've–wait, KID? WHEN DID YOU HAVE A KID?"
>"I told you, I've been BUSY. I've also been to the moon, not that you asked."
>>
File: Jameson-Laughing-Gif-09.gif (762KB, 260x173px) Image search: [Google]
Jameson-Laughing-Gif-09.gif
762KB, 260x173px
>>48495851
>mfw that scene
Too fucking perfect
>>
>>48495851
I get that all those things were just nightmares or whatever but I honestly hope one of the jacetice league fucks off for reasons.

Nissa getting upset by something "unnatural" would be good enough I think.

Maybe then we can finally get a GOOD mono-green walker.

Or at the very least Garruk.
>>
>>48495919
Garruk is running around being happy that he's cursed.
>>
>>48495936
I don't really think he's happy.

He's also dying, and whatever ancient spirits are in the veil are still trying to posses him or whatever that plot point was, I don't remember.
>>
>>48495948
Well he sure as hell didn't 'want' to be cured.
>>
>>48495960
because he's crazy, induced by the veil
>>
>>48495036

They won, but not because they were better, or they pulled something out of their ass that their opponent didn't expect.

They won because Emrakul wanted to lose in the particular way she was defeated.

Which as a force that people humanize in a vain attempt to understand, is sanity shattering.

She's clearly not a friend of the Gatewatch, given how much she has destroyed in her activities and how her game losing move is to force a bunny to set off a nuke-turned-into-jail-just-in-time, which is no fun for any people involved.
>>
>>48494764
Two losses in a row? Well, I suppose they need to pay for TWO titans...
>>
>>48495972
What does it mean to be human?
When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote, of a soul?
>>
>>48495995
Honestly I'm waiting for porn of the mind Emeria and Jace.
>>
>>48496003

When someone says that "it's just the alcohol talking", you know it's a phrase that alcohol has damaged temporarily to hold back ideas of feelings.

The alcohol isn't literally speaking.

When you listen to a phone and it makes noise, you know if there is a person behind it, because phones are not good enough to mimic completely their speech patterns.

What happens when your phone is good enough to take the static of the cosmos and render it as human speech and you attempt to talk to it?
>>
Is there a general timeline/guide for MtG lore/media? That is, what order sets/cards go in, not an in-universe timeline of the events themselves.
>>
>>48495178
You join a guild by social standing.
If you're poor untalented shit you end up with Golgari or Gruul. If you're poor talented shit you end up in Rakdos, Boros or Selesnya depending on what you're good at. The other five are saved for people who can afford an education that makes them want you, and Orzhov's higher ranks are only for those born into the inner family.
>>
>>48496130
Random segments of code, that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul.

One day they'll have secrets... one day they'll have dreams.
>>
>>48496159
>That is, what order sets/cards go in, not an in-universe timeline of the events themselves.
Wouldn't that just be release order for like, 99% of the sets?
>>
>>48495437
Marit Lage is malevolent. All her flavor text and text related to her is violent and opressive.
Emrakul is now apparently some eldritch fertility goddess.
>>
File: sweating intensifies.gif (2MB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
sweating intensifies.gif
2MB, 1920x1076px
>>48496221
>fertility goddess.
>>
>>48495682
The Phyrexian's devotion would create a proxy Yawgmoth in Nyx.
>>
>>48496260
I thought that the new Phyrexians didn't know about Yawgmoth. That's why they worshiped Karn.
>>
>>48495859
He actually said it was uninteded and that he was unavaliable at the moment, not forever, at the moment.
She was already hysteric when she arrived, nothing Sorin said would ahve changed it, because she was retconned to be a idiot evil bitch, he she was retconned to be alive in the first place, because corporate mandate showed she was popular as an EDH blast from the past.

Such is the nature of serialized, corporate-run storytelling. 0% character coherence, 100% retardation.
>>
>>48496308
>He actually said it was uninteded and that he was unavaliable at the moment, not forever, at the moment.
>She was already hysteric when she arrived, nothing Sorin said would ahve changed it, because she was retconned to be a idiot evil bitch
They were both being pedantic children having a hissy fit.
Just like oldwalkers are want to do.
>>
>>48496214
Not really, no. And the cards themselves are obviously listed out of order.
>>
>>48496455
Well there's no real "chronology" for most cards in-set, outside of maybe if a card depicts some character from the set dying.
>>
>>48489175
>Ormendahl was Eldrazified off screen
Uh
Wow. That's anticlimactic.>>48496308
>she was retconned to be alive in the first place, because corporate mandate showed she was popular as an EDH blast from the past.
In all fairness, her fate, while chalked up to death by Sorin iirc due to the mending, was never certain, and I also seem to recall them saying the characters chosen to represent some of theplaneswalkers they designed for C14 were because of upcoming story relevance, or in other words they'd already had plans to reintroduce Nahiri as of C14 before her reception.
>>
>Oh, Nissa. He tried not to be disappointed
The question if anyone in the story, the playerbase OR the writting team likes Nissa becomes more pressing.
>>
>>48496876
I've never liked Nissa since I started playing the game but her becoming the new mono green walker sure as shit didn't improve my opinion of her.
>>
>>48489175

I think he meant card designwise. (Corrupted Vampires and normal Vampires took up a lot of black mana's space)

And even if demons come back most of the time, killing them still punts them out of the story.

Also, the delirium demon was a touched by Emrakul demon, just not enough to go horror and then eldrazi.

Kinda interested to see what this means for demons.
>>
Do you think Ulamog and Kozilek could "talk" too?

Like, are they capable of communicating like Emrakul sort of did, or is that a trait unique to her?
>>
>>48496738
I'd be more inclined to believe they meant Ob Nixilis with that and Nahiri was a last minute retcon, because Ob had cards teasing him outside of the Commander precons and fit seamlessly with BFZ. Meanwhile Nahiri really stuck out like a sore tumb in SOI, her being alive retconned the fuck out of Sorin's character, and SOI wasn't meant to happen in the first place, it was meant to be BFZ block's third set that had to be turned into a whole block after the change to 2-set blocks messed everything up.
>>
>>48496997
Kozilek could talk and his brood could communicate telepathically, until now he was the only titan apparently capable of speech and aware that the things they were destroying were sentient, he also supposedly enjoyed messing with people's minds.
Ulamog is an engine more than a character. Then again, the ancient first vampires of Zendikar evolved from his brood.
>>
>>48495851
I legit laughed when I read that part.
>>
>>48496997
She didn't. Apparently everything she "told" jace was his mind interpreting weird auras, signals and wavelenghts. In her own words "I do not even really know you exist. But you, your brain, it is very...adaptable" and "Forces cannot be reasoned with. Agency does not exist in propagating waves. If you take shortcuts to try and grapple with what you cannot perceive, cannot even comprehend, who am I to gainsay? No one. You. Perhaps."
>>
So is Kaladesh (part 1) going to be a slice of life with the whole gatewatch hanging out or something?

I wonder how Wizards would approach SOL.
>>
>>48497090
Catching Up was kind of SOL
>>
>>48497090
It's probably just going to be build up to the revolt.
>>
Till next Wednesday, lads.
>>
>>48495794
Super awkward given Avacyn was made in her image, and he treated Avacyn like a daughter.
>>
>>48497189
>That's kinda hot.
>>
File: file.png (130KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
130KB, 223x310px
>>48487120
is this what you wanted anon?
>>
>>48497436
I love it.

I might actually get my friend to make an alter since I think I have that card around somewhere
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.