[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do my players look at me weird when I use a small, recurring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why do my players look at me weird when I use a small, recurring cast of NPC hero's with color coded hair so I can keep them straight? see only positives to having a manageable cast that I can actually develop and have plot lines with. Am I supposed to just fuel the world with nameless grunts or something?

Is it because they're all flamboyant, narcissistic assholes?
>>
Because the idea that "color coded hair" helps you keep them straight in your head sounds like a bullshit justification for Magical Realm whether it is or not and they're waiting for it to suddenly turn horrific.
>>
>>48429686
I am literally dumbfounded that you manged to post something even more idiotic than me.
>>
>>48428936
>small, recurring cast of characters with color coded hair
Like a harem anime?
>>
>>48428936
I had three players playing elves at one point. (only one was female)

I referred to them as blond brunette and redhead.
>>
>>48428936
Because you use a small, recurring cast of NPC heroes with color coded hair?
>>
>>48428936
>color coded hair
Sounds like anime bullshit to me
>>
>>48428936
>color coded hair

I make anime bullshit campaigns and I'm seriously thinking if you're retarded or something
Ever though of using fucking names?
And anyway, you know the basic rule of "if players don't like this thing I tried experimenting i have to removed it"?
Op, as how you described the situation, your game mastering is balls and need a fix
>>
You might try giving them personalities. Names help too.

It's not all that difficult.
>>
Because the stories you're supposed to develop are those of the players and their characters, not your own. You are _THAT_ GM.
>>
>>48429776

"Dare you encounter my Magical Harem?"
>>
>>48428936
>small, recurring cast
Potentially fine, moving somewhat into DMPC territory so people who have had bad experiences may be suspicious.

>color coded hair
>flamboyant, narcissistic assholes
Both of these are the same as above, but more so

>that picture
See above

tl;dr you may or may not be doing bad things involving DMPCs and the like, but you sure as hell are throwing up red flags relating to it.
>>
Why are you developing plot lines for side characters
do you just make the players sit and watch you talk to yourself in different voices for 10 minutes?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.