[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 384
Thread images: 47

File: join the waaagh.jpg (111KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
join the waaagh.jpg
111KB, 960x960px
>resources
pastebin.com/M09HXnQQ

Join the Waaagh! Edition

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2
mega.nz/#!7lZ2yDYI!ANWwfQHiJjr5ZbH6sfyruGRPGgWiDjso2uSGyJem1lg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

>What's new
Bonesplitterz, New start collecting boxes

Old thread
>>48416882
>>
Herald of tzeentch - 120
2X10 horrors - 280
9 flamers - 600

Horrors screen flamers while they delete a unit at a time. Taking lord of war for +1 to hit on them. Viable or cheese/too 40k ?
>>
Is order still winning by miles?
>>
>>48425674
ask not who is winning, ask what you can do to earn points for your side
>>
bonesplittaz file when?
>>
Is the new Khorne start collecting box a good value? Toying around with the idea of a mixed Tzeentch/Khorne force.
>>
Guys! How do I Skaven? I need to know this.
>>
File: plague monks.jpg (49KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
plague monks.jpg
49KB, 600x620px
Could some kind anon take a comparison picture between Skaven Clanrats and Plague Monks, more specifically their arms?

I'm considering buying some Plague Monks but I'm worried that the proportions on such an old sculpt will look weird alongside the post-2009 Skaven redesign. Old Skaven kits from around 2002 were notorious for having huge hands and feet, but the current Plague Monks are from 2005 so I'm not sure where they land on the spectrum.
>>
>>48425650
Its not bad at all, but your lack of rend can be a problem.
Any unit with a good save + a mystic shield will laugh as the flames will bounce over them. I'd personally cut some flamers and add some screamers so you can grab objectives/charge squishies.
>>
>>48425752
scale is about the same, thankfully their arms are now a lot smaller.
>>
>>48425726
weapon teams and jezzails
>>
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cities_of_Sigmar
Lexicanum has almost all of the lore from the Season of War map.

Someone on DakkaDakka posted spoilers of Lord of Undeath.
>>Right finished the book my first response. This book is a MUST for death fans in my opinion this book goes into what nagash has been planning. I have been making the point that Death only got a page in the all-gate's book but this book developers it further(Plus neferata's story from balance of power) all the Mortarch's appear in the book and we get to see what happened to mannfred after his escapade.
>>On mannfred and if he is independent or not
>>He is not independent and I was right the portal went back to the realm of death. Honestly the Mortarch's are like children in my opinion. Nagash does note he is the most rebellious but among his vassal's mortarch's he resisted chaos the most out of them and his schemes and avarice extend past neferata. He note's that her schemes don't go beyond the flesh..
>>
>>Nagash's plans and the stormcast (I feel it's pretty big) BIG SPOILERS.
>>Right over time I wondered if sigmar has actually been brainwashing stormcast in a sense this has been my theory the book kinda confirms it, nagash does describe the reforging to be similar to necromancy yet different. Now at the end of the novel it reveal's why he left sigmar's forces at his all-gate. He does not like sigmar let's make it clear and he would only make an alliance if it served him and right now it does not he prefer's the stale mate. Right now he is building THE black pyramid when it's done anyone who dies in the realm of death will belong to him. They make a note in the epilogue that within the black gem that trapped a stormcast soul mannfred said it felt familiar yet not. (The anvils of heldenhammer were sent to gain an alliance) Nagash took the answer from his mind and the both realized that sigmar has been poaching mortal's that belong to him from the realm of shyish to reforge into stormcast while he battled Archaon's forces.

So yeah I don't expect an alliance any time soon if ever, oh and Tarsem fate is not mentioned I suspect his soul is within the black pyramid. Considering his past and the fact that he used undead when building his city, had a amethyst cape and also made peace with nagash as a mortal. I suspect he was not a worshiper of sigmar when he was mortal. When reforged I suspect being infused with god kings essence is what cause stormcast to be so loyal to sigmar despite their past and when they get new names. Hell I can see the reason why sigmar is in no hurry to fix the effects of the reforging effects. Oh nagash does also explain why undead tend to be ass hat's when turned vampires liche's etc. The state of being undead the process of becoming one diminishes the soul and must happens because if it did not they would go kinda out of control and end up destroying themselves and everything around them. PS mannfred's castle Nachtsreik is badass as hell.
>>
File: 1468554468086.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1468554468086.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>opted not not to play unpainted sylvaneth, go for ironjawz instead
>can't shitstomp the stormfag eternal fast enough
>too many of them playing so many fucking games

what the fuck
>>
File: 496738739.jpg (59KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
496738739.jpg
59KB, 441x248px
What Stormhost is this, bros?
>>
>absolutely crush stormcast today
>earn destruction a bunch of painting points

life is good
>>
>>48425939
hammers of sigmar, just with a dark filter.
>>48426063
nicely done. i can't stand order winning everywhere.
>tfw when theres a decent community of Aos in your area
>tfw you NEVER lost a single game with your Nurgle warband
>tfw chaos is trampling everything in your GW store thanks to you
Life is good.
>>
What do you guys recommend for someone who isn't a first time wargamer, but it would be my first time playing AoS

I'm deciding between Sepharon, Sylvaneth, or Bloodbound

I would go Stormcasts but they seem super overused.
>>
>>48426409
Can you use a tape measure?

Can you hold a paintbrush?

Can you roll d6s?

Seems qualified for me.

Sylvaneth are the worst out of that list though, their tree models are extremely fiddly so if you're not used to assembling models they might give you fits.

Bloodbound are nice and chunky and cheap if you buy a starter set (good if you plan on going stormcasts at some point) so they're super friendly for new painters. Easy to paint too.

Lizardmen have some fiddlybits (seraphon) but overall they're not too complex, and they don't feature much clothing so painting them is super simple.
>>
>>48426409
Bloodbound.
>>
File: Ratling_Guns.png (961KB, 523x792px) Image search: [Google]
Ratling_Guns.png
961KB, 523x792px
>>48425726
This is how I Skaven.
>>
>>48426409
just grab the one you find more appealing.
Seraphon gameplay focus on dealing damage with big creatures while your saurus keep them locked in combat and debuffs them.

Sylvaneth are a bunch of fucking crazy grass people that focus their game on the forests on the board. you'll need to buy at least one set.

Bloodbound are a group of crazed, cannibal berserkers that rely heavily on sinergies to work. they are extremely aggressive.

From an hobby perspective: how skilled are you? Anyway, all models are pretty easy bot to assemble and to paint. Sylvaneth are the easier to paint but the harder to assemble, bloodbount are average and the seraphon are easy to assemble but hard as hell to paint without making a boring mess.
>>48426499
>painting them is super simple.
i find them the hardest of the bunch. you need to give them good vibrant colours and abusing drybrush doesn't work well on them.
Just imho.
>>
>>48426560
you can edge them easily
>>
>>48426560
>making a boring mess.
>basecoat
>wash
>drybrush

scales are easy for beginners
>>
>>48426576
>edging giant carnivorous lizards
you and your magical realm sicken me
>>
>>48426643
oh I thought you meant bloodbound

lizardmen dinosaurs are easy drybrush man, scales take that easy.
>>
>>48426499
>>48426560
I don't think anything is harder to assemble than those damn skeleton warriors
unless I'm wrong

Thanks for the input though, I really appreciate it!

I was reading up on Lizardmen, and do the Chameleon Skinks just appear literally ANYWHERE? And if I camouflage them, I can make them reappear somewhere totally different the next turn?
That seems really op to me.
>>
>>48426816
>edging giant carnivorous men
still a magical realm
>>
So I'm building Khorne Bloodbound.

What should I buy after the starter? I was thinking of getting 2 of the new get starteds for the skullcrushers, and then a box of skullreapers.
>>
Putting together an AoS 1000 point Death list - makes exactly 1000 points but don't have points values handy atm

>Arkhan the Black
>2 Moghast Archai
>50 zombies
>5 black Knights

Is this a good start? The high number zombie mobs become very very mean. My first army.
>>
>>48427022
they're like $60 for 10 models

pay to win
>>
>>48427052
I bought another starter kit

it's pretty decent

skullcrushers aren't bad, but it's an expensive box
>>
I hope they release new daemon varieties.
Khorne daemons need some semi big rape machines.
>>
>>48427022
They were good with wounds, but with points they lose some efficency.
Sure, they can teleport and snipe mages, but that's all they can do.
they don't do much damage and are nothing more than pushovers in close combat.
they teleport, shoot and then die.
they are strategically great for sniping squishies, but that's all they can do.
Situational but not op.
>>48427310
its called a soul grinder.
>>48427052
you mean after the starter set?
a start collecting, then absolutely an aspiring deathbringer, a unit of wraithmongers and/or a chaos warshrine.
>>
>>48427350
>its called a soul grinder.

Said semi big, not huge.
>>
>>48427285
Have you tried out the wrathmongers or skullreapers? was thinking about getting a box or two, and then more of the armored warriors

Apparently one of the heroes is a pretty solid buff guy, so I was gonna get him, just can't remember which one it was
>>
>>48427386
my friend has skullreapers, they're disgustingly good.

Especially if you buff them with the bloodsecrator
>>
>>48427386
>buff hero

Bloodsecrator, he's only in the starter kit.

He's the first thing you need for a khorne army
>>
File: 20160723_225916.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_225916.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I got the Age of Sigmar starter box today and the prosecutor wings are melted flat.

Is this normal? Can I contact somebody about getting a replacement?
>>
>>48427052
Buy the Getting Started Bloodbound box, then another AoS Starter box, doubling the starter.

This gives you 2 bloodsecrators, a unit of two Khorgraths,a bloodpriest, 20 blood warriors, 3 juggers, and 40 Bloodreavers.

That is an insanely good start to Bloodbound as all of those models will see play.

plus with an additional box of skullcrushers that gives 3 units of three... grab a jugger lord and you have the Stampede formation right there.

Bloodbound is easy to collect really...
>>
>>48427517
Contact GW customer service with the pick and they'll likely send you a new box
>>
>>48426409
Seraphag here

Seraphon dont seem like it, but they are a combined arms force that relies on unit synergy through hero buffs and/or battalions. All of their units are average for the cost but the buffs are what make them truly shine.

They have some of the best monsters in the game and their heroes are very powerful.

They have a huge variety of units so you can field a ton of different lists.

Since they rely on buffs you'll find the army tends to play better at higher point value games - it's tough to make 1000pt lists because you can't bring all the units you want to buff your battleline.
>>
>>48427517
as >>48427567
said, contact GW customer service. 90% they will send you a new sprue.
Thei customer service is insanely good and it has always been, even in the darkest moment of GW.
>>
>>48427567
>>48427620
Is there an email I can reach them at?
>>
>>48427567
This.

>painting at local GW store
>fire prism box, one of the night spinner guns comes out snapped
>manager notices this
>helps me call up GW support, all they need is my address and the box number
>another fire prism box shows up a few days later
>wasn't going to build a fucking night spinner anyway

For all the fuck ups GW has had over the years, their service has remained fucking amazing.
>>
Beastclaw book when?

My body has never been more ready.
>>
File: image.png (26KB, 884x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26KB, 884x309px
Hey, debating a change to my build. I currently run in a 1k, I run a congregation of filth with 60 monks, a plagueclaw, and a unit of 10 censer bearers. Would I better off to remove the censers for 10 more monks in each unit?
>>
>>48427635
go to GW site anc check on "contacts". Do you really need to be spoonfed that hard?
>>48427700
What does the congregration require and what bonus does it gives?
>>
>>48427726
2 units of monks, a furnace. Gives monks a 6+ "save" against everything, and reroll end charges. I use 30 monks in each unit atm, thinking of going 40
>>
>>48427762
*Rerolled
>>
>>48427619
>average for the cost
2 attacks, rend -1, 4+ save, ignores rend, auto gets +1 save if near a hero

yeah you right, seraphon aren't cheese
>>
>>48427762
40 is way too many, most of em won't attack or will attack with their staff, which is pure shit.
you'd want units of 20, so you can charge more easily. 40 of em, and the opponent will joust with your rats too easily. 60 are okay.3 units of 20 are enough to kill anything. Id take out the plagueclaw, the censer bearers and add a verminlord and a plague priest. That guy gives +1 attack to your rats, combo it with plague priest's prayer and you get 4 attacks per rat, rerolling hits and rerolling wounds.
You'll be also strong in defence because every rat killed will generate both mortal wounds and additional attacks.

Pestilens is insane.
>>
>>48427842
>100 points for 5 wounds

Guard aren't special any more
>>
>Slaanesh allying himself with Sigmar to take down and stop chaos from destroying everything again so he can enjoy excess uninterrupted.

This is happening, boys. Slaanesh and existence are not mutual exclusive, it can work.
>>
File: image.png (326KB, 399x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
326KB, 399x484px
>>48427847
Idk, I kinda like the claw, though I did consider a priest instead of the censers. I also run the twin blades (I've got enough monks to switch tho)
>>
>>48427863
2+ re-rollable save, re-rollable hit

yeah, seraphon have it SO HARD
>>
>>48425718

So from what I've gathered lower down, I should look into Starter set + Start Collecting x2 for Khorne?
>>
Wight King - 120pts
20 spear skeleton - 160pts
10 GW grave guard - 160pts
5 Black knights - 120pts
Legion of Death - 60pts
Cairn Wraith - 60pts

Total 1000pts
>>
>>48427944
yeah all you need to bring is a skink priest (and hope you roll a 4+) and an astrolith bearer

saurus guard really aint special any more, they just crumble to any kind of mortal wounds

the only reason to take them is in a squad of 5-10 to park near a slann/eternity warden to prevent deep strikes killing your slann
>>
hrmn. sword or spear skellies?

Hand weapons or Great weapons for grave guard skellies?
>>
>>48427942
the claw can be dangerous IF its hits but...
3+3+ rend -1 ONE attack? if we consider the average game lasts 4 turn-maximum 5 it will hit an average 2 times...and the opponent can always save against it. You ran 2-3 of them or you don't run them at all imho.
>>48428011
>to prevent deep strikes killing your slann
they are called a fucking GUARD for a reason.
they are still special, but now they serve a specific purpose instead of "lol, lets break the game".
Also, they are still insanely good against anything that doesn't deal mortal wounds.
>>48428018
spears, there's no doubt about it.
>>
>>48428011
sunblood, guard

2+ save with re-rolling to hit.

Skink priests are ez pz

use those insights goyim
>>
Anyone know if the In-App purchase of the General's Handbook is worth it? I bought a physical copy but MAY be convinced to buy the in app version if adds a lot. I will admit I am not happy that the points wern't added to the app for free though (yes I'm a chump for considering giving them money for what I already purchased/think I'm owed).
>>
>>48428052
Ok. I run two in my 2k army.
>>
>>48427886
I mean, Imagine what you would do in this scenario
>Be tranny drug addict brother of the Chaos Gods
>The only one who actually cares about anything refined
>Khorne likes to smash things
>Nurgle shits on everything
>Tzneetch changes everything
>Archaeon doesnt give a shit
>My greatest champion dies, and gets pissed on by a ugly troll
>Fuckin whatever, I'll just do some Elf Souls
>Get fuckin high on that shit, my belly so full I gotta lay down
>Than, out of nowhere!
>bam, elf gangbang
>Get fucked by a Cripple, a Crippled moma's boy and a blind Chad McThundercock
>Its actually pretty hot, desu
>However, I cant wait till my brothers save me!
>So I wait
>And wait
>And wait
>Eventually, I start birthing/barfing the Elf gods rape babies.
>Pretty hot desu
>And since im not snapping at their souls anymore, they're back to doing kinky shit and building beautiful works of their art.
>They really do take after their mother
>Finally, Im released by my mortal followers.
>I exit my sex cave, to recl-wait
>They fucking replaced me
>With a fucking rat
>What the fuck
>They didnt even try to look for me
>And 90% of my mortal followers are dead, traitors or idiots.
>Do a 360° twirl and moon walk back into the Rape cave, hungry for more elf cock
>>
>>48428081
Sunblood hit reroll is against one unit, and that unit must be within 15" of the sunblood in your hero phase.

How are you getting to 2+ with a sunblood? Cover doesn't count, anyone can get cover.

>insights
Oh good another 160 points and a leader slot being usedto buff a unit that is going to die to literally any mortal wounds.
>>
>>48428052
Can't fit the VC into a 1k, so I'll keep the claw to fuck with my local death rattle players (tends to go well)
>>
File: image.png (197KB, 380x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197KB, 380x402px
>>48428108
>they replaced me
>with a fucking rat

Keked. Saved and would read again anon.
>>
>>48428128
>mortal wounds kill almost any unit in the game

holy shit dude what a fucking INSIGHT you must truly be blessed
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
WIP ironjawz, just finished shading the brute, will go along with color scheme seen on the ardboys once done highlighting, any suggestions or criticism welcome
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 367x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 367x380px
>>48428184
Better than this guy (pic related)
>>
>>48428052
why are spears prefered
>>
>>48428174
Mortal Wounds are powerful but there are lots of ways to mitigate their impact.

One way is to run cost effective units - Saurus Warriors are strictly better at dealing with mortal wounds than Saurus Guard because you get double the quantity for the same amount of points.

I basically never run guard these days. For offense you are better off using Warriors because you get more of them so they don't crumble to MW, and for soaking up hits from deep striking units (Retributors are the most common big teleporting threat) I would rather use a line of 80pt Skinks to eat up the first round of combat, then countercharge with a big monster.
>>
>>48428244
you never want to run small squads of skeletons, only big squads of 20+

with how piling in works you will often be forced to fight in multiple ranks, and spears let you hit from the 2nd rank
>>
>>48427619
What are some good combos in general?
What things are must have, what should be left behind, why does everyone say the Troglodon is the latter (it is so pretty)?
Any weapon options in particular that should always be taken/not taken?
>>
Any FEC players here that could give me some advice on list building? It feels like the army has a huge lack of rend and command abilities that actually have any impact.

Should I just be spamming Flayers now that the FAQ says we can take the Death trait with the FEC allegiance?

Also, does anyone know if the Abattoir formation causes each enemy model to roll a dice per one of your units next to them, or is it just a single die if any model from the battalion is next to them? The wording feels ambiguous.
>>
I'm still waiting for all-gates and sylvaneth battletome to be made into PDF. Anyone get on that? It would be much appreciated.

I've tried converting with several programs (yes I know about caliber) but always get jumbled messes, someone somewhere has an excellent converter they've been using on the other books and they look brilliant.
>>
>>48428387
yeah I tried to convert the GH epub to pdf but no dice, the process froze halfway through.

I even ran it for 1000 hours.

No.

Dice.
>>
>>48428451
I dont care about the GHB, I am picking my copy up on monday, it's just the allgates book and sylvaneth book. Their in the OP links, but in frikkin epub.
>>
>>48428477
Readium for pc, publiware reader for mobile. This should be in the op.
>>
>>48428496
Tried readium, but that's the problem. I dont want to read them on my PC, I convert them to PDF to read them on an ereader.

I've tried them all, they come through as messed up weird files. PDF is the only thing that works for my devices. I'm not here to troubleshoot, I'm here to beg for PDFs of the epub files.
>>
>>48428496
>Readium for pc
THANK YOU

I forgot I had this shit. It's A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

fucking works perfectly and zooms and is readable holy shit
>>
>>48428477
what about andoird?
>>
>>48425726
Standard Skaven? Verminous Clawpack makes Clanrats and other Verminus units pretty good. Add artillery and monsters to taste.

As scary as can be? Stormfiends. The shock gauntlets make them absolutely bonkers OP if you can reach melee with them (which is easy with Mystic Shield + a Packmaster + Throt the Unclean).
>>
>>48428652
Stormfiends (and really, other stuff from Clan Skryre) are what I'm looking for, I love the models. Does my whole army have to be Skryre to make the stormfiends battleline choices? I know the book isn't even out yet, but what are people planning on playing?
>>
>>48428371
It kinda looks like you're meant to rely on swarming them and just drowning them in attacks. Being able to keep units topped up with courtiers makes them excellent at attrition. Flayers have a decent chance at mortal wounds so you could keep a big squad as trouble shooters then keep a bunch of lesser undead as the main force. There is also the scream of the terrorgheist for more MWs.

The abhorrent ghoul king, while having a pretty shit command, triggers an ability for nearly all units. I think the onus is on that moreso than their command ability, though being able to summon courtiers to bolster your line is not to be underrated. The on foot command, which summons 10 ghouls, could be decent to get to back field units. On top of that he is much easier to hide in infantry. I'd take one of each, just to back up your buffs that they trigger.

I believe the abattoir battalion is only one dice for the Body Part Acquisition for each enemy in range, otherwise it would say to roll a dice for each FEC model in range.

I'd recommend a big blob of 20 ghouls and then flayers and horrors (which heal each turn) to attack or target respectively. Maybe a king in 'gheist and then save some points for summoning courtiers. This is all just speculation but might help.
>>
>>48428799
*flayers or horrors to attack or tank damage respectively. Sorry for typo.
>>
>>48428713
I have the book and have been playing games with the point system for a while now.

You do need to be all Skryre to make them battleline, but you shouldn't be trying to do that anyway. Just take a single unit, maybe two, in addition to normal battleline.

I've been running the Verminous Clawpack + some Stormfiends as a 2k list. It's all about the characters you support that core with. I prefer a battle standard bearer for battleshock immunity, a packmaster to boost the Stomfriend into ridiculous mode, and then like an Arch Warlock for magic or Throt the Unclean if I'm going all in on stomfiends.

Shooting ruins you since they can easily snipe your key characters, so you have to try to hide them, but that's true of most armies and is just a flaw with the game. Shooting is OP by default.
>>
File: hmm.gif (994KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.gif
994KB, 250x250px
Is 1000 point too small to play well?
I usually say any 1k games are a best out of 3 to counter that

Thoughtson the Sigmar equivilant of the "1850/2000" average games of 40k will end up being?
>>
>>48429203
1k is really swingy, and can be over very fast if you get a good charge off and wipe a key enemy unit off the board on your first activation. At that point some people will just concede and play another.

I could see best 2 of 3s being a thing because of that.

I like 2k a lot as a 'standard' game.
>>
>>48427663
Pre-order 30th, out 6th.
>>
Okay AOS general I need some clarification on a possible rules conflict until an FAQ comes out.

Played Ironjawz recently and managed to cast Foot of Gork on my opponent. Foot of Gork says "If successfully cast, inflict D6 mortal wounds on a unit within 18". Then roll a dice - on a 4 or more Gork stomps again: resolve another D6 mortal wounds on an eligible unit. Gork keeps stamping until you fail to roll a 4 or more."

I cast this and dealt the first required mortal wounds, then rolled a 4+ and dealt another D6 mortals. My opponent then claimed I should stop there due to the Third Rule of One, but our tournament organizer decided that I would be allowed to continue until I failed to roll a 4 or more. I ended up wiping a couple units due to some lucky rolls and it secured my victory.

The Third Rule of One says that any extra attacks, hit rolls, or wound rolls gained by the use of an ability cannot themselves generate extra attacks, hit rolls, or wound rolls. The TO stated that since Foot of Gork isn't generating any extra attacks of any kind, and since the 4+ roll or the D6 mortal wounds don't meet the classifications of a To Hit or a To Wound roll as it's described in the main rules, it was a legal play. Was he wrong?

My opinion: I've always been of the belief that specific beats general, but since the Third Rule of One specifically mentions instances like Ripperdactyl's Voracious Appetite, I don't know. I want to say the TO is right because of the wording of the Rule of One, and since the spell requires a 10 to cast anyway it seems like it's a high-risk, high-reward thing, but it also seemed unfair that I was able to win based off of one spell.

tl;dr - is Foot of Gork's wound chaining limited by the Third Rule of One or is it a loophole that is allowed legally?
>>
>>48429352
Battletome > Rules as per 40k
If your book allows you to roll again then you roll again - your opponent was being a tad salty

After all it says "Do damage, THEN roll again"
The attacks aren't generating extra attacks
>>
>>48429352
the TO is correct, the continuation is a function of the original spell cast. you're still only casting the spell once, but it can chain out of control, much like the drakeseer's ability.
>>
>>48427996
I can't say it's the most ideal all the time, but split the Grave Guard into two units and get twice the banner power. They're gonna be hard to kill anyway with the death allegiance trait.
>>
Hi /AoSG/, what Grot faction fits regular Gutbuster Ogors in looks better? Discounting Gnoblar Grots, of course.

Moonclan, Regular or Spider?
>>
>>48429404
Go with Gitmob - Wolf Riders/Chariots and Ironblasters look like they belong to the same army anyway. Moonclan aren't gross enough to fit with Ogors and the spiders will probably just look out of place.
>>
>>48429203
open play is going to dominate
>>
File: leslavbirdofevidence.jpg (6KB, 249x242px) Image search: [Google]
leslavbirdofevidence.jpg
6KB, 249x242px
>>48429623
>>
>>48429623
Yeah, no way. I've seen tons of people playing with points now. Open play was awful.
>>
points only master race
>>
>>48429203
I've noticed 1000 pt games having a lot of issues. Besides it being pretty swingy, the battleline feels the most restrictive. For some armies taking to Battleline units at minimum size is no big deal, cause Liberators, Ogors and Ironjaw Brutes are a good investment as two minimum units. For others you would like to stack them up to a bigger size, maybe even maximum, but at only 1000 pts that can be a problem, since it will lead to you having less units on the table making you vulnerable to being outmaneuverd. At 2000 pts you have twice the points but only have to take one additional battleline, so you have enough points to stock up on the size of your battleline while still being able to get a good sized army with all manners of elite stuff.

Our local Skaven player has also demonstrated that 1000 pts has some crazy cheese potentiol. Skryre lists can shit out a stupid amount of mortal wounds that most armies can't deal with at 1000 pts.

We've been switching over to 2000 pts pretty much entirely, which mostly seems to be more enjoyable. I'm just scared we start creating the same issues as WHFB had.
>>
1000pts can be pretty fun despite the swing potential for people still new to the game, in that sense I think its going to still be a solid bracket but we might some some folks suggesting common tweaks to avoid things that are overly abusive (skryre mortal wound spam is one of those)

2000pts seems to be a decent spot, though given that the difference between 2500 and 2000 isn't much in game length while giving many armies a much better selection of counters it feels like the general butter zone when most medium to elite units average out to be 33pts/model or so.

another interesting thing: in the general's handbook, the example 2k game has the stormcast player exceeding 2000pts for a "2000pt guideline game" but not by more than their smallest unit value. given how many armies do not fall into a nice exact 2k points and don't have options they can rearrange to reach it, does that seem acceptable? personally I think going over should be acceptable but award your opponent an automatic triumph from the matched play triumphs list, as if they had points left over (unless they are exactly equal value to you)
>>
>>48429919
>inb4 order confirmed for cheating scum
>>
Is it me or is AoS becoming a more interesting setting than 40K or WHFB?

I hardly can bring myself to be interested in 40K anymore.
>>
File: leslavbirdofevidence2.jpg (66KB, 956x631px) Image search: [Google]
leslavbirdofevidence2.jpg
66KB, 956x631px
>>48429281
>>48429842
>>48429919
Then what about 2000 vs 2500?
Does the extra 500 make it better?
>>
Phoenicium's looking a bit weak, Order wise, compared to the others.

Can we push it back before it's season over?
>>
>>48429983
WE CAN DO IT

My local GW is on the tipping point, I just need a few more victories to push it from Order to Chaos control.
>>
>>48429966
that's what I was getting at, the extra 500 doesn't extend the game time very much while adding the room needed for either more breathing space from battleline taxes or a counter that just doesn't fit in 2000.

25090 is probably what will end up as the "standard large game" much like 1850/2k is for 40k, given the generally higher points/model costs in AoS (haven't done the math yet, but AoS looks to be about 18-23pt average, 40k is in the 12-14 range with a few elite armies as outliers)
>>
>>48429966
I honestly don't think it makes too much of a difference. The fact that you can bring more artillery/monsters seems to be the only real difference. Game lenght is usually the same and I've not really noticed a differnce in how it feels compared to 2000 besides having a bit more stuff on both sides of the table.
>>
File: 1336980618136.png (837KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1336980618136.png
837KB, 1280x720px
>>48430028
2500, not 25090, I'm going to go pass out before my typos get any worse.

also, the battleplans in the GHB seem very well designed to make battleline critical for more than just tax units.
>>
>>48429983
Hopefully. I don't see Order losing Greywater, but Living City and Phoenicum are ripe for upsets
>>
File: gb.png (747KB, 1020x746px) Image search: [Google]
gb.png
747KB, 1020x746px
>>48430080
>mfw the UK are the only one that aren't plebs
I wouldn't mind if Death won Phoenicum, but i'd rather have all 3 going to Order for fluff reasons - we already have grimderp with 40k
>>
Okay, I have a quick question about the Sorceress on Dragon's spell, and I wanted to see if you guys could help me answer it.
>Bladewind: you roll 6 dice and deal a mortal wound to a unit within 18" each time you roll lower than the best To Hit value of any melee weapons that unit has.
Since artillery are counted as separate units from their crew, does this mean that if I cast this spell on a Cannon it does 6 automatic wounds or 0 wounds to it?
It doesn't have any melee weapons, so there's no way you can roll under or over the To Hit number because it doesn't have one.
>>
File: 20160715_034438.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_034438.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>48429951
i must agree. 40gay refugee here. i have to say the old world was pretty sweet too. but now with the 9 realms we can imagine places much more fantastic than a silly lil world thats shaped like earth
>>
>>48430115
I'd lean towards zero, since the wounds trigger is dependent on the melee weapon being present for a roll to take place
>>
Does anyone know when we can expect the release of the steelhead duardin? I want to start AOS but cant choose between orks, khorne bloodbound, lizardman or steelhead duardin. Any advice
>>
>>48430227
Rumours say autumn, that's all we know.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 480x480px
>(WAAAGHA DABBA DOO!)

>Bonesplitterz. Meet the Bonesplitterz.
>They're the marauding age of Sigmar simplicity.
>From the mortal realm of Ghur,
>They're a page right out of history.

>Let's ride with the tribe down the bush.
>Through the courtesy of Gorkamorka's mighty tush.

>When you're with the Bonesplittaz
>Have a WAAAGHA DABBA DOO time.
>A DABBA DOO time.
>We'll have a gay old time!
>>
>>48430284
>>48430227
>>48430227

I really like those new Ironjawz and bonesplintaz models. But how is synergy between units and overall gameplay?
>>
>>48430115
RAW it would just be 6 wounds, since no matter what the dice roll is, the results can never be higher than the to hit of the cannons melee weapons since it doesn't have any.
>>
File: duwang.png (391KB, 774x315px) Image search: [Google]
duwang.png
391KB, 774x315px
4 attacks @ 1 damage or 2 attacks @ 2 damage?
Just thinking about those Tree Revenants
>>
>>48430131
even though the old world got destroyed people can still play AoS with a whfb narrative.
I don't understand people with the "its this or nothing" mentality.
>>
Would any faction's warscrolls convert okay to Star Wars Lego? My boyfriend has heaps of that.
>>
>>48430351
yea, this, and i said in an early thread why not forge a narative campaign where a portal to the old world was discovered and AoS armies start pouring into the old world to stop Archaon??
>>
>>48430370
*eyerolling*
>>
>>48427386
I use skullreapers in my bloodpound army and they have never let me down. They have decent save and enough wounds to be your army's frontline troops. Just remember to take daemonblades and accompany them with bloodstroker for those damned 1's on the wound. If you keep them near bloodsecrecator you have 4 attacks a piece which all have decent chance to inflict mortal wounds each attack. And you get to reap the skulls of your enemies, it's a huge bonus.
>>
>>48429623
I reckon a hybrid of Open and Matched is going to be fairly popular for casual games, rather than just Open - you use points, but the other restrictions are relaxed.
>>
File: 1469349337640732321308.jpg (677KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469349337640732321308.jpg
677KB, 1280x960px
>>48425752
>>
>>48430563
that's called points only in the general's handbook
>>
So are the storm cast just gonna go sigmar heresy?

>Fucking kill me now please
>>
>>48430663
Nah.

>Makvar felt the presence of the Keeper of Secrets long before he saw the daemon’s bulk striding through the streets. It was an oily, repulsive sensation that seemed to seep through his armour, a sickly sweet stench that reached inside him and tried to defile his soul. Images of corruption and abandon struggled to plant themselves in his mind, fumbling to pierce the bulwarks of faith and devotion that fortified every Stormcast against the lures and lies of Chaos.
>>
File: image.jpg (327KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327KB, 1080x1920px
Finished ironjawz brute
>>
File: image.jpg (327KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327KB, 1080x1920px
>>48430748
>>
File: image.jpg (315KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
315KB, 1080x1920px
>>48430756
Any tips for future most welcome
>>
>>48430748
>>48430756
>>48430766

Orruks are Green, not Red.
>>
>>48430783
>implying Red Orruks don't go fasta
>>
>>48430783
Could be warpaint or it was an exceptionally bloody krumping

>>48430748
Looks nice.
>>
>>48430783
They don't have to be in a fantasy setting where everything is magical.
>>
File: architect.jpg (336KB, 600x427px) Image search: [Google]
architect.jpg
336KB, 600x427px
#gethype
>>
>>48430849
No.
>>
>>48430857
Yes
>>
>>48430872
Maybe
>>
>The blinding light was extinguished as the winged knight snapped closed the latch of his lantern. He turned towards Neferata, bowing to the vampire queen. ‘Greetings, Lady Neferata,’ the warrior said. ‘I am Huld, Knight-Azyros of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer. I hail from the Realm Celestial, and come seeking alliances as were of old.’

>Before Neferata could answer Huld, the spectral tide that had been raging across the ruin of Nulahmia rose up from the city, sweeping across the summit of the Throne Mount. A black veil of death, glowing phantoms swirling within its current, howled all around them. The bones of her morghast guard were drawn up into the tempest, vanishing into its titanic whirlwind. Only the Mortarch and the Knight-Azyros remained, standing in the very eye of the morbid cyclone.

>A hellshriek rose from the black storm, a sound of such enmity that it rattled across the whole of Nulahmia. Out from the swirling eddies of phantasmal forces and spectral warriors, a maleficent figure strode. Prodigious in stature, the fleshless revenant marched across the summit. Black robes were draped about his bony body, and chitinous plates of deathly armour shrouded his skeletal frame. In his withered hand, he bore a tall staff of bone surmounted by a funerary icon. Atop his skinless skull, he wore a tall crown of obsidian and gold that pulsated with arcane energies and glowed with an amethyst light.

>Shakily, Neferata dropped from Nagadron’s back, prostrating herself before the advancing apparition. No mere Mortarch had descended upon Nulahmia, but rather the one being in all existence before whom even she knew terror. The Great Necromancer himself, Master of the Deathly Realm. The Death God, Nagash.
>>
>>48430879
I just don't see it happening.
>>
File: Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg (21KB, 321x448px) Image search: [Google]
Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg
21KB, 321x448px
>>48430881
>She could feel the gaze of Nagash upon her, studying her from the depths of empty sockets. Though he had long ago withdrawn to his underworld, she knew he was aware of her secret kingdom, her manifold manipulations and schemes by which she had thought to expand her own power. Nothing could be hidden from him. Nagash saw all, and what he saw did not please him.

>Even as she trembled before her master, Neferata was stunned by the courage of Huld. Could it be that the Knight-Azyros was ignorant of whom he stood before? How else to explain that he didn’t fall to his knees in terrified worship? When Nagash turned his gaze upon Huld, a gaze that had reduced warlords to simpering wrecks and demigods to grovelling vassals, the storm-knight stood proud. He defied the tremendous will that emanated from the core of Nagash’s being. Instead of abasing himself, he rendered only the same slight bow he had offered Neferata. His salutations to the Great Necromancer were no different; no tremor of fear polluted his voice or dulled his words.

>Neferata waited in dread for Nagash to respond to such arrogance. As impressive as Huld’s assault upon the Chaos lord had been, she knew Nagash could exterminate the knight almost without a thought. As the silence stretched on, her fear continued to mount. All of the ambitions she had entertained about harnessing the might of the storm-knights would be extinguished the instant Nagash loosed his wrath upon Huld.

>‘Spoken like a true son of Sigmar,’ the sepulchral voice of Nagash hissed. The Great Necromancer swept his staff through the air, dispelling the swirling maelstrom of spirits, sending them streaming back into the underworld from which they had been called. He advanced towards Huld, staring down at the winged knight. ‘Unbowed. Unbroken. How like your god you are. An echo of his dream.’

>A malignant glow rose within the pits of Nagash’s skull. ‘How many dreams may fade into nightmares.’
>>
What models are these? From GHB.
>>
>>48430613
Perfect, thanks a lot!
>>
>>48430910
wildwood rangers?
>>
>>48430910
Look like WE rangers.

Rangers are the anti monster ones, right?
>>
>>48430921
Wildwood Rangers, the Monster fucker uppers
>>
>>48430917
>>48430921
>>48430923
Thanks. Color scheme threw me off, didn't recognize in the webstore. They look way better here than the weird red.
>>
I love Ogors, but hate Finecast.

what should I do? They have no Leaders that aren't Finecast.

what leader should I give them from other Destruction armies?
>>
>>48430956
Buy a box of Ironguts. Convert them. done.
>>
>>48430970
How do I convert those into a Butcher?
>>
>>48430970
This, desu.
>>
>>48430981
Learn to greenstuff or have someone greenstuff for you.
>>
There's enough bits of meathooks, bones, meat, barrels and blades in there to easily convert the whole lot.
Stick those cleavers and meathooks onto one ogor, give the armored helmet, some fancy bits and the prettiest two-handed weapon to another and you have your butcher and your tyrant covered. Anything beyond that is extra credit.
>>
>The starlight shining through the narrow window of Makvar’s chamber illuminated the figure that quickly shifted around the open door. The Lord-Celestant recognised the enticing presence, the sensuous curves of slender limbs and the alluring swell of a generous bosom. Framed by her raven tresses, the pale face of Neferata was a vision of beauty to melt even the stoniest heart. The soft smile that flickered across her red lips was at once both innocent and suggestive. With a kick of her bare foot, she closed the door behind her.

>Even a heart of stone would have been roused by the voluptuous vampire as she entered the room, but Makvar’s spirit had been forged from unyielding sigmarite, not simple stone. Yes, he could recognise the charms of his visitor, appreciate the enticing lure, but they presented no temptation to him. Neferata realised that fact when she saw the sword still clenched in his hand.

>‘I mean you no ill, Lord-Celestant,’ Neferata said. ‘I come to you as one who would consider you a friend.’

There is too much Neferata fanservice in this novel. Descriptions of her body and her effect on men. Having her in a scene where she was naked.

This is just shameful.
>>
>>48431020
Sounds good, thanks!
>>
>>48430956
Ogre body + Stonehorn rider parts = Hunter
Irongut + some extra bling = Tyrant

>>48430981
For the Wizards it's harder.
Firebelly? Get an Ogroid Thaumaturge, cut Horns, shave fur and maybe change the legs to Ogre legs
Butcher... you could cut apart one of the Ironguts bear traps to give him the distinctive steel jaws. The apron you either greenstuff or you take a look at the 40k Ogryns, they might have something that looks okay with a bit of shaving and greenstuff. Then take the big-ass cleaver from the Ogre box and make that his Butcher's Cleaver. Should end up close enough.
>>
>>48431044
Trust no vampire thot - Makvar 2016
>>
>Nagash wondered how much of the swamp’s essence Sigmar’s warriors could sense. There were those among them with some affinity for the eldritch and the arcane. The morbid Kreimnar, certainly, would be aware of at least the most strident of the necrotic harmonies. Perhaps Vogun would feel some of the malignant energies, Vogun with his purifying lantern and his righteous zeal. The Stormcasts were an enigmatic admixture of honour and duty, faith and obedience. Concepts that were sometimes put at odds with one another, standards that were subsumed to the demands of their mission.

>Among them all, Nagash most pondered the mystery of the knight who led them. He had lied to Lord-Celestant Makvar when he told the knight that the Anvils of the Heldenhammer were the first of Sigmar’s Stormcasts that he had encountered. But then, there were many things he had kept from Makvar. There were questions that Nagash would see answered, riddles that needed solving. Makvar and his Anvils were different from the other Stormcasts in a manner that nagged at the Lord of Death. Their resistance to the Obelisk of Black’s emanations was still a puzzle to him.

>That experiment, at least, had run its course. After leaving Schloss Wolfhof, Nagash had commanded the better part of Neferata’s undead army to bear the relic down into one of the underworlds where it would be safe from harm. There was no need leaving it exposed to the Anvils any longer, and taking the risk that they might learn its true nature. From subtle alterations in Makvar’s demeanour, it seemed that he, at least, had begun to harbour suspicions about the Obelisk.
>>
File: Nagash Cover.jpg (94KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nagash Cover.jpg
94KB, 600x450px
>>48431100
>It would be a mistake to dismiss any of the Stormcasts as simple or foolish. Nagash could detect the great age of the souls bound within their physical incarnations, taste it like a vintage wine. These were spirits that had worn the mantle of flesh many times, purged in the flames of death and rebirth in a fashion far different to the black art of necromancy. Instead of being diminished, instead of carrying the taint of the grave in their bones, they had been reshaped and remoulded, transmuted into something greater than they had been. Only by the most exacting artifice could Nagash create warriors of such potentialities, and those entities often demanded the life-force of lesser creatures to sustain their might.

>In the millennia since his withdrawal into the Realm Celestial, had Sigmar discovered some new path of resurrection? Or had he merely found a different means to the same processes Nagash had mastered long ago? What was this force that sustained the Stormcasts beyond their mortal span? What were the limitations of such power? That was the great question that dominated the Death God’s mind.

>When he unlocked the secrets of the Anvils, then Nagash would know what course to follow.

It's all starying to make ssense. Nagash is not only angry at Sigmar for stealing souls but akso because Sigmar seemingly is out-Nagashing Nagash. Sigmar is stealing Nagash's shtick.
>>
>>48431119
So, Sigmar and Nagash are fighting over who can show the other the biggest trollface?
>>
File: Sigmar (2).jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar (2).jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
>>48431140
Sigmar does what must be done.

Nagash is just jealous and afraid.
>>
>>48431119
that's actually pretty cool
>sigmar knows more about death than the god of death himself
>>
>>48431119
>>48431169
Wasn't it Grungni who taught Sigmar how to reforge?
>>
any rumors on ogres ever being updated?
>>
>>48431235
Grungni helped develop the process by creating the tools and shaping the energies of Azyr.. Sigmar also took tribute of power from all the gods of the Pantheon to be used in the creation of the Stormcast. Some offered it willingly, others had it stolen from them.
>>
>>48431235
Nagash don't know that
>>
>>48431263
Next weeks WD will feature them.
>>
>>48431263
Beastclaw are up next, in like a week or two
>>
>>48431268
This was after Gorkamorka and Nagash left the pantheon, yes?
>>
>>48431044
If anything Neferata needs to be naked even more. Get those tits out there.
>>
Why is Nagash cool? Why is he stupid?
>>
>>48431291
Nagash was cool back in his pre-Black Library period. Nagash is now stupid because GW wanted 4 factions and Nagash is the plot-element that they decided to use to maintain that status quo.
>>
Are Nagash and the Mortachs worth it in Matched Play due to the Rule of One?
>>
>>48431323
Nagash is still 9 wizards stapled together so... Yes?
>>
>>48431366

>Nagash casts his four listed spells
>Shrugs, having run out

Even if you leave shit off the board for him to deep strike summon on, that's one turn worth of using more than four spells.
>>
>>48431323
Mannfred is still a combat beast and Neferata is a great assassin, plus gives you Vampires
>>
>>48431382
He knows the spells of any other death wizard on the board too. Including the your oppnent's
>>
>From the shadows, the Great Necromancer watched as Makvar’s warriors met the rancid forces of Chaos. He observed the Stormcasts with cold deliberation, scrutinising their actions as he would any novel specimen he found worthy of study. The conditions were at variance with what he had intended to arrange, but there were things to be learned from this unexpected conflict.

>Nagash was already aware of the steely resolve and nigh-unshakable courage that burned within the spirit of each Stormcast. It was a phenomenon that was, in many ways, an antithetical process to the black art of necromancy. Even amongst the highest forms of the undead, their revivification involved a diminishment of the soul, the peeling away of layers of identity until the spirit was reduced to a blackened core. Such reduction was needful, stripping away the residue of mortal attraction and confusion that would pollute the resurrection process. Only by breaking that connection to the mortal plane, breaking the link between life and undeath, could a new sense of purpose be instilled into the undead. Without that diminishment, there were few souls with the will to endure, capable of embracing eternity without a destructive yearning for the things lost with their mortal existence. Those undead with the strongest attachments to their prior existence would become crazed, hateful things, either denying the reality of their altered state or mindlessly lashing out at whatever recalled that condition to them.
>>
>>48431475
>Sigmar had found some different path to redeeming the spirits of his warriors. The process employed by the God-King was such that his Stormcasts weren’t reduced by their resurrection, but instead were magnified by it. Nagash appreciated the amount of effort and power it took to craft undead of strength and versatility near to what he had seen the Stormcasts exhibit. The thought that Sigmar could draw upon such a magnitude of arcane energy was something the Lord of Death found both disturbing and enticing. It made the armies of Azyr more formidable than he had imagined, but it also meant there now existed a power strong enough to drive back the spread of Chaos.

>A power that could serve Nagash as well as Sigmar.

>The burn of celestial light lanced down into the Chaos horde. Nagash’s might was such that he drew no discomfort from the purity of the blaze, but he could sense the painful reaction it provoked from Neferata’s vampires. Nearer to that discharge of celestial energy, the lesser undead that formed the basis of his legions would find the arcane bonds that invigorated them coming apart, breaking the cohesion of the spells that endowed them with animation. It gave the Lord of Death pause to consider how his creations could be dismantled by this oppositional force. It made him wonder if there might be a similar force that could break the magic which had reforged each Stormcast from a fragile mortal spirit into a mighty warrior of the God-King.

Nagash wants that power.

Deathcast soon, fellow Motarchs.
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 1000x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 1000x620px
>>48431475
>>48431483
Cool.
>>
>>48431459

Oh for realsies? I can give up another wizard's chance to cast to cast his spell from Nagash! And even spend extra points on that wizard to do so, ending up with the same net number of spells not cast? Wowee!
>>
>The bloated, toad-like daemon which led the forces of Nurgle, the hulking Great Unclean One that had seemed so formidable to Makvar when he led his knights to Arkhan’s rescue, was now beset by a power even more destructive. Nagash had sallied forth from the darkness to confront the daemon. The skeletal Lord of Death sent masses of clawing wraiths screaming across the huge daemon’s cancerous body, tearing great rents in his hide. He hurled shrivelling magics into the thing’s exposed organs, reducing them to empty husks. Chilling energies streamed from Nagash’s staff, cracking and splitting the Great Unclean One’s oozing skin, freezing its horns and nose, making them so brittle that they shattered when his foe tried to strike at him with a giant diseased sword.

>Nagash’s other hand gripped a sword of his own, a blade of such immense darkness and malice that it seemed to drain the vitality from the very air around it. When the Lord of Death brought his blade against that of the daemon, the bilious sword was shorn in half, split asunder as though it were naught but a twig. The deathly weapon continued its murderous sweep, slashing into the daemon’s body, hewing through its vast maw and cyclopean eye. Relentless to the last, Nagash gave the blade a twisting flourish before tearing it from the daemon’s body.

>Almost before Makvar understood what he was watching, the immense daemon of Nurgle lay corroding at Nagash’s fleshless feet in four gory segments.

>The Stormcasts had exhibited their might for the undead. Now Nagash had shown the warriors of Sigmar why the God-King was so keen to restore the Lord of Death to his pantheon.

Remember when Greater Daemons were a big deal?
>>
>>48431483
They fucking better. I've been building my Soulcast Ethereals for a while now and just as I got them all ready to go, GW tossed out Matched Play restrictions, which make Order/Death alliances illegal.
>>
>>48431553
>The skeleton on the shield is animated as well, and will try to grab and fight you.

>>48431588
Nagash is at least a demigod though. In my mind it goes:

Most stuff < Greater daemons < Demigods (Nagash, Alarielle, Sigmar, Archaon) < Chaos gods

Although I realise SOMEBODY may take issue with how I've arranged Archaon and the chaos gods.
>>
>>48431603

Yeah, there's not really anything except for claims to put Archaon on the same tier as Sigmar and Nagash.
>>
>>48430849
Fake as fuck
They wouldn't even put a tzeentch lord in since the model is old and ugly as shit
>>
>>48431556
Wow, it sure must suck to be that stupid.

It allows you to cast the very, very powerful unique spells of the Ghoul Kings or the Necromancer with Nagash's massive casting roll bonus, which makes them a) MUCH easier to cast and b) MUCH harder to unbind. And yes, I would totally fork out the Necromancer's cost on top of Nagash if it means my Danse Macabre is all but guaranteed to go off every turn.
Toss a couple Tomb King units into the army as well, as their summoning spells just reinforce units you already have or heal Sphinxes (and as such don't fall under the summoning restrictions).
Taadaa, Nagash's 8 spells used and all your other Wizards have shit to do as well.
>>
>>48431588

Nagash is a god, anon. Not one of the big four, sure but on the tier of Khaine or the Horned Rat, or to jump to another setting for a sec, one of the C'tan.
>>
>>48431614
By claims you mean Sigmar admitting that he cannot defeat Archaon in one v one combat. This what promoted him to throw the hammer to assassinate Archaon rather than slay him in honourable combat.

And the fact that it was stated that Archaon defeated Nagash and Gorkamorka.

So what's your problem? You want to disregard fluff you don't like?
>>
>>48431614
Ooooh. He went there.
>>
>>48431623

And now you spend 2500 points on wizards and skeleton tax, just to fill out Nagash's spell slots. Good going.
>>
>>48431630

Yeah, I went there. But you know what you do when you say something that'll set off another wall of carnac text? Ignore him and hold the conversation around him. He isn't ever going to contribute anything constructive and we all know it.
>>
File: thedarkness.jpg (33KB, 360x158px) Image search: [Google]
thedarkness.jpg
33KB, 360x158px
hey do this mean that for every successful saving throw of 6 i make for models in this unit the enemy receives a mortal wound???

i am so confuse
>>
>>48431630
>ARCHAON TRIUMPHANT

>It was at the Battle of Burning Skies that Archaon won his greatest victory over Sigmar. Armed with Ghal Maraz, the God-King cast back the armies of Chaos – mortals, beasts and Daemons obliterated by the Great Shatterer. When Archaon himself moved to fight Sigmar, the God-King hurled Ghal Maraz at the Everchosen, for he knew he could not best Archaon in combat. Archaon laughed, for his plan had worked. Aided by Tzeentch, Archaon deceived Sigmar’s aim and the great warhammer crashed harmlessly past him, disappearing into a crack in reality. Sigmar, defeated, lost the battle and millions were slaughtered. Bereft of his greatest weapon, Sigmar suffered defeat after defeat and retreated to the realm of Azyr, barring its gates. Archaon, triumphant, dominated the Mortal Realms.

>When Archaon himself moved to fight Sigmar, the God-King hurled Ghal Maraz at the Everchosen, for he knew he could not best Archaon in combat.
>for he knew he could not best Archaon in combat
>could not best Archaon in combat

Worth noting that Sigmar is the mightiest deity in the Pantheon of Order.
>>
>>48431628

>Archaon
>Defeat Nagash
>Not die from a thousand cuts from summon spam before he can close the distance

Kek.
>>
>>48431623
Don't forgett Kemmler's mass healing spell to keep nagash fresh.
>>
Also for utter hilarity, look at Archaon's statline and sort out how much of the threat is him and how much is Dorghar. I'll wait.
>>
>>48431647
>He isn't ever going to contribute anything constructive and we all know it.

Lets get it straight. You made a claim that is not supported by the fluff. On the contrary, it's opposed by the fluff. You insist on it and even try troll other people by continuing to claim despite it being pointed out that you are wrong, then you have the gall to say that somebody else is not being constructive?

The funny thing you know that there are "walls of text" that prove you wrong. Fluff of descriptions and events.

Damn you are cancer.
>>
I'm going to report anyone who uses the A word, it just brings arguments which have been done a hundred times
>>
>>48431648
If you make a successful saving throw, you then roll a separate dice, and if that's a 6 it causes a mortal wound.
>>
>>48431678
why could'nt they just say it the way you said it??
>>
>>48431651
A 1v1 against Archaon isn't a 1v1 at all. Everyone knows that the chaos gods are always there to pull his ass out of the fire if he's ever in any danger. So saying that Sigmar can't beat Archaon in a 1v1 is actually saying that he can't beat all the gods at once.
>>
>>48431672
It's just his haters. They get triggered by his fluff for some reason. It's irrational and it's getting to the point of being cancerous to these threads. Which makes me think in my paranoia that it's deliberate trolling move from /whfb/fags. No one is that pity to be this cancerous and toxic for no reason.
>>
>>48431686
GW being GW.
>>
>>48431698

so then i could have a unit of 30 Blood Warriors, 29 armed with 2X axes and 1 armed with 1 axe and gorefist and the whole fucking unit gets this ability??
>>
>>48431687
That's the POINT of the EVERCHOSEN. Archaon is the vessel of the FOUR (Maybe three now) Chaos Gods powers where pour all their focus, might, and protection, He is their collective Avatar.

You are telling me something we all know or should know.
>>
>>48431666

Hmm let's say he has a move of about 5 or 6...

Maybe... 9 wounds? 7 is towards the high end for a non-monster riding character, so Foot Archaon prolly has about that.

Beyond that, all he has is the Slayer of Kings and his defensive/utility wargear... Yeah, I'd have to say he really isn't all that impressive without his dragonhorse. He even only knows arcane bolt and mystic shield.
>>
>>48431716
Where they*
>>
>>48431715
No, the entire unit must have either axes or fists.
Unless you given them the big glaive thing.
>>
>>48431718

Well, even that is really strong for a foot hero.
>>
>>48431639
It's not like the units you bought to give nagash spells are doing nothing. Necrosphinx is probably blending, necromancer is buffing your dudes, kemmler is on buffing duty for your dudes with more than one wound, the ghoul king on terrorgeist is a goddamn terrorgeist, and the other tomb kings units are pretty solid units
even if you don't optomize well you should end up with 750 points or so to spend on core tax units, since you already bought most of your beaters
>>
>>48431746

But it's not godlike power. Nagash is our example of godlike power in terms of stats, but if you take Dorghar away from Archaon he's not even half of that despite having a lot of toys.

I'm increasingly convinced Dorghar is the Everchosen and Archaon is just there to hold his stuff because he doesn't have thumbs.
>>
>>48431737
ahh i get it. thanks bud
>>
>>48430748
nice
>>
>>48431764
Balancing reasons. Having Drogthar and Archaon be statted as they are in fluff would break the game.

And about Nagash,...

The Great Necromancer could not score a single hit on either Drogthar or Archaon while Vandus and Thostos scored some hits in on Drogthar. Very telling.
>>
>>48431764

Remember that old joke about Archaon's horse making it to daemon prince before him?
>>
>>48431764
Counterpoint:
Chaos gods could easily give Dhorgar thumbs
Also Archaon kinda has to remain a normal dude cause if he goes daemon prince he'll be dicked around to no end
>>
>>48431795

>Chaos gods could easily give Dorghar thumbs

And yet it amuses them more not to.
>>
>>48431794
The joke is funny for the guys that have no idea about the backstory of rider and mount.

The Horse was always a daemon. It wasn't always a horse though. Like Be'lakor, it was a swirling darkness that shifts from one form to the next. After Archaon wrestled it to the ground after battling it in the skies and then dominating it, he forced it to take the form of his faithful and loyal dead stead Oberon.

The reason Drogthar became what he is know is because Acchoan fed it three Exalted Greater Daemons that he defeated it.
>>
>>48431795
>give Dhorgar thumbs
That was supposed to be Slaanesh's blessing
>>
>>48431803
Objection.

The Chaos Gods do not control the shape of Drogthar. Drogthar is a shape shifting daemon and can take whatever form it likes. Archaon being its sole master, can force it to take any shape he desires.
>>
>>48431818

>He thinks "It was always a demon horse" changes the joke

Did you think we were literally calling it a demon prince? Do you not know what humour Is?
>>
>>48431830
Nah.

Just saying it wasn't funny really.

And Drogthar looks more like a Chaos spawn than a Daemon Prince.
>>
>>48431828

Good god man, stay within the premise of the joke or don't take part in it.

If, in this joke, Dorghar is the real Everchosen and Archaon is just his manservant... Why would Archaon decide what he looks like?
>>
>>48431840
I am not taking part of an unfunny joke. You can't make me.
>>
>>48431839

And you are fully entitled to find a joke not funny! Just... What on earth did you think those outside facts had to do with the joke, unfunny or not?
>>
File: nagash_final.jpg (279KB, 1300x919px) Image search: [Google]
nagash_final.jpg
279KB, 1300x919px
According to new novel, Nagash hates Sigmar because he abandoned him.

Sigmar abandoned Nagash to the Skaven and Archaon. Left him alone and isolated against the might of Chaos. This is why Nagash says that Nagash nearly caused him to lose his kingdom. Because of Sigmar's betrayal, the Skaven destroyed the Black Pyramid, Archaon destroyed Archaon's body and banished his soul to the deoth of Shyish, and Shyish was conquered by Chaos.

So who is the REAL bad guy?
>>
I will probably go for bonesplitterz as my next army

how would you make up a good balanced list for them? don't wanna cheese too much

also, any chance for a start collecting any time soon?
>>
>>48431855
Just FYI.

Because in these boards often a joke is taken as fact and then it gets repeated so many times that people no longer question it.
>>
>>48431648
>make a successful save
>check if attacking unit is within 1"
>roll a die
>on a 6 the enemy unit suffers a mortal wound
How is this difficult to understand if you have the brains to post on the web?
>>
>>48431882
So Nagash is a tsundere?
>It's not like I'd really really like to be part of your alliance, baka Sigmar-senpai
>>
>>48431882
Nagash, on account of being a deceitful moron.
>>
>>48431886
Boarboy Maniaks, Maniak Shamans. After that, add some Morboys and a Wurrgog as well as any Big Stabbas you have.
>>
>>48431888
>ROCKS
>>
>>48431882
Nagash says that Sigmar*
Nagash's body*
Depths*
>>
File: Mannfred the Smug.jpg (42KB, 878x493px) Image search: [Google]
Mannfred the Smug.jpg
42KB, 878x493px
>Nagash has spread his power to his three Motarchs
>To fully mobilize his legions he requires all three at his side

After all that has happened, Nagash still cherishes Mannfred and spoils him. Nagash is most forgiving.
>>
>>48431983
Nagash probably sees something in himself in Mannfred and he is just grooming him to become the proper shithead he needs to be.
>>
>>48431991
I know, right? He even refers to Mannfred as like a prodigal son.
>>
Anyone with the GH got points values for Tzaangors, Kairic Acolytes, and the Gaunt Summoner?
>>
>>48427635
Call them, also, you'll need the box on hand to read off the little factory thing to them.
>>
File: Silver Tower Points.jpg (201KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Silver Tower Points.jpg
201KB, 960x960px
>>48432055

Nevermind, I found it. Well that's disappointing
>>
>>48430756
Kratos?
>>
Painting bases, what colour edge trim?
-black
-grey
-light brown
-retro 80's goblin green
>>
>>48432134
Totally depends on the model/basing
I sometimes match the colour of my bases, sometimes go opposite for wow factor
>>
>>48432134

With no context to help you actually pick something that works, retro 80's goblin green for the retro factor.

Square bases too, for maximum passive agressive oldfag who won't actually bring any shit up but will silently judge your inferior round based pleb army.
>>
>>48428477
>>48428496
>>48428531
Sumatra pdf for pc, FBreader for mobile friends. Also, try MuPDF for pdf on mobile if your actual reader is slow.
>>
>>48431983
>>48431991
>>48432010

Could you faggots stop sucking baldy's dissicated dick already and focus on the only good von Carstein?
>>
File: Best Carstein.png (101KB, 289x214px) Image search: [Google]
Best Carstein.png
101KB, 289x214px
>>48432196
>implying
>>
>>48432134
Black 100% of the time

I can think of no situation where anynthing sets off a mini better than a black rim
>>
>>48432196
Vlad, Isabella and Konrad were great. Mannfred is skubomancer tier.
>>
>>48432134
I use dark brown on mine.
>>
>>48431651

Autism at its finest. GW has been in full 'big grandiose yet nesting less terms' since AoS took off.

Don't be surprised when Archaon starts struggling against m, say, Vandus Hammerhand in their inevitable rematch. The narrator can do whatever they want, and when terms like 'unstoppable', 'incalculable', etc are bandied about with great regularity it's time to stop taking them at face value.
>>
>>48431686
That's exactly what it says moron
>>
>>48432266
Your fanfiction and autism aside, there is nothing really grandiose about that text.

The text described the thought process inside Sigmar's head. How he saw that Archaon was beyond even him in personal prowess and this motivated his next action.

What's funny you accuses me of autism when you guys are throwing a fit over fluff that is clear as day just because you hate a single character for Gods know why.
>>
>>48432266
True. Archaon used used to be a jobber before they retconned Storm of Chaos.
>>
>>48432315
Not really. Archaon only duel in Storm of Chaos was against Valten the "reincarnated Sigmar" and Luthor Huss. He defeated them both but got damaged hard by the fight. Heck, he took a hammer to the head. As he was going to finish Valten, he saw the birth mark of comet on his chest which caused Archaon to freeze from a crisis of faith.

Then came in Grimgor to sucker punch him. You know, Grimgor. The Orc wh couldn't defeat the guy Archaon manhandled in a few moments.

Even back then Archaon was the most powerful fighter in the setting.
>>
>>48432315

The Storm of Chaos retcon does interesting things to the Gotrek and Felix books, where the fifth book features a SoC tie in, then waaaay later, well after the original author departed the series, there's an End Times tie in.
>>
>>48432350
Grimgor won that fight fair and square.
>>
File: Archy7.jpg (2MB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Archy7.jpg
2MB, 1536x2000px
>>48432310
Lets not forget that Archaon will fight Sigmar again and he WILL destroy him.

The Eye of Sheerin never gets anything wrong. This is going to totally happen.
>>
>>48432385
Against a wounded Archaon who is in a middle of a crisis of faith.

The comet on Valten's chest is what defeated Archaon by erasing his will to fight by effectively turning his world view upside down.
>>
>>48432392
Until the retcons happens and they will happen. Games Workshop truly spins the most nihilistic of yarn.
>>
Why is the Bonesplitterz fluff some of the best fluff GW has put out in a year?
>>
>>48432406
>Retcons
>in a setting this young

Unlikely, comrade.
>>
Does anyone have the actual fluff for the ending of Storm of Chaos, or at least know where I can find it?

Interesting bit of Warhammer history.
>>
>>48432310
>>48432392

Carnac plz, stop being such a stupid nigger white Knighting your new husbando. We get it, you're gay, you're gay and drawn to powerful symbols of masculinity and edginess. I'm sure you can find someone exactly like that on Craigslist to pound yer bum, maybe quench that intense thirst you keep parading around these threads.
>>
>>48432121
Daily reminder that matched play is an option, not a law, and unless you are playing in a tournament there is no reason not to use the unique Silver Tower warscrolls
>>
>>48432458
I am not gay for Archaon, though. I am only gay for Based'kor/spoiler].

>>48432452
The /WHFB/ thread was a links to their downloads in their OP. You can find the Storm of Chaos fluff book in that collection.
>>
>>48432350
>>48432403
Grimgor had the ultimate power up in the setting at that moment
He was BORED
>>
>>48432418
Because whoever wrote the book genuinely likes the army and their theme.

As themes go, it's pretty cool. I like the fact Bonesplitterz get really frustrated when they hunt Seraphon monsters only for them to disappear into light instead of leaving awesome bones to use.
>>
>>48430748
How did you paint his armor?
>>
>>48432488
You mean he was indignant.

The reason why Grimgor went after Archaon is to restore his status as the "Best". A status he felt he had lost after Crom fought him to a standstill and defeated his army. He thought that by beating up Crom's big boss, he would restore his pride as being the "best".
>>
>>48432134
Lightish brown/beige works well on almost anything since it's pretty neutral.

Try Baneblade Brown (or the non-GW equivalent, whatever that is) and see what you think.
>>
>>48432418
>>48432500
Ironjawz fluff was pretty solid too. I got a feeling that someone on the AoS team REALLY likes orcs.
We'll have to see how they feel about Ogres next week
>>
>>48432480

You are going to be severely disappointed when Archaon gets punked by someone who isn't even a god.
>>
>>48432527
I know it's ain't going to happen so no worries for me.

At best Archaon defeat in Ulgu by Malerion's shadow tactics will brought up in the future in the Shroudlings BT. Since I like Malekith, I won't be bothered by it. He deserves to have a bone thrown to him.
>>
>>48432354

That wasn't the Storm of Chaos in Beastslayer, Anon. That was just another in a long line of assaults on the Old World that was launched from the Wastes that got stonewalled at Praag. It's a semi-regular thing.

Additionally, Beastslayer predates the Storm of Chaos by a solid 3 years RL.
>>
>>48432552

That's how these kind of stories go and they're clearly nudging Vandus in that direction.

But please continue your echo chamber of dick sucking.
>>
>>48432552

Wouldn't his 'redemption arc' curtail the entire fight with Sigmar?

Or the Eye gave him a distorted vision, where the fight is metaphorical for his struggke with faith and Sigmar, and its actually the redeemed Kastner picking up Ghal Maraz.. and replacing Sigmar as the new god-king of Order
>>
File: stop pls.jpg (92KB, 1060x404px) Image search: [Google]
stop pls.jpg
92KB, 1060x404px
>Leader
Treelord Ancient: Regrowth - 300

>Battleline
20x Dryads - 240
20x Dryads - 240
5x Tree Revenants - 100
5x Tree Revenants - 100

>Behemoth
Treelord Ancient: Verdant Blessing- 300

>Other
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Bows - 180
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes - 180
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes - 180
--2000 points

OR

>Leader
Treelord Ancient: Circlet, Reaping- 300
Branchwych: Verdant Blessing - 100

>Battleline
20x Dryads - 240
20x Dryads - 240
5x Tree Revenants - 100
5x Tree Revenants - 100

>Behemoth
Treelord Ancient: Regrowth- 300
Treelord - 260

>Other
--2000 points

I love the rules of the Hunters but building them is actaully one of the more frustating things i've done in a long time
>>
File: celestant-prime-horz.jpg (51KB, 586x363px) Image search: [Google]
celestant-prime-horz.jpg
51KB, 586x363px
>>48432588
You are delusional.

Vandus is a child compared to Archaon. It's like saying Vandus will become greater than his own god.

If you wanted to make any logic and sense, you could have said that Celestant Prime might have a shot at beating Archaon. You know, the champion who is the Avatar of Sigmar. The guy who carries the weapon that can actually kill Archaon. You knoooow, the guy Sigmar sent to the Everqueen to check if she was corrupted or not, and if she was corrupted, to destroy her.
>>
>>48432609

>Sigmar might also die in heroic self-sacrifice to purify his once greatest champion and turn him against Chaos*

Sounds dumber when I type it but I could see that happening as well.
>>
>>48432609
>Wouldn't his 'redemption arc' curtail the entire fight with Sigmar?

I think his redemption will happen after destroying Sigmar. It would be some of a ruse. Archaon walks way from Sigmar dying form to grasp Ghal Maraz...

THEN ZAP.

The energies of Azyr purifies Archaon and return to being the Templar of Sigmar Diedrick Kastner. Chaos will lose their greatest champion and their uniting figure and Order will hgave the greatest leader and general ever leading their armies to final victory.
>>
>>48432615

Vandus has grown stronger and narratives never actually care about strict power levels. It bends to what best suits the story and protagonist at that time, and its very clear they want Vandus to rise. Why else would he be the one to fell Skarbrand? They're setting him up as the big Stormcast contender for Archaon.

Celestant prime is better as a Sanguinor styled foil to the Stormcasts, not a chief protagonist or direct rival to the main antagonist. Same with Sigmar, who has fully embraced the leadership re of King rather than warrior. Neither of them are the Fool or Star of this tarot.
>>
>>48432665

It also makes sense as he's in the first book and our introductory hero from the very beginning of AoS. His story still has much to go. Archaon humbling him with defeat only serves as a strong motivator to become sonethibg More.
>>
>>48432665
Vandus's rival is Khorgos Khul. He defeated Skarbrand not because he was skilled or especially strong. He defeated him because he had the equivalent of a small tactic nuke.

And as we have seen in the visions of the Eye of Sheerin, Archaon's final fight is going to be against Sigmar himself.
>>
>>48432711
You know who else was a rising star among the Stormcast covered in the campaign books and novels? Thostos Bladestorm.

Where is he now!?
>>
File: daemonsofslaanesh2.jpg (77KB, 781x547px) Image search: [Google]
daemonsofslaanesh2.jpg
77KB, 781x547px
Army list thread is dead already, I'll post here.

How to improve this?

>Leader, Behemoth
Keeper of Secrets - 280

>Battleline
20x Deamonettes - 240
20x Daemonettes - 240

>Others
10x Seekers - 240
10x Seekers - 240
2x Fiends - 120
2x Fiends - 120

Total 1480/1500
>>
>>48432652

I suppose the End Times indicated that the hammer was meant for him, according to both Valten and Sigmar himself. He never actually got to wield it of course.
>>
If one where to start an Undead army, which of the Start Collecting boxes should you buy first?
>>
>‘The blood is the life, son of Sigmar,’ Nagash’s voice rose from the gloom within the tower. The fleshless Death God drew one of his claws across the wall, gore dripping from his bones. ‘Mannfred has gone to great pains to invest his refuge with a life of its own.’

>‘I doubt the pain was his,’ Makvar observed. He leaned back out the window, watching as Brannok began his own descent. ‘Mannfred has worked great evil in other realms. It fell to our brethren, the Hallowed Knights, to bring an end to his infamies.’

>‘Forcing him back to this refuge,’ Nagash stated. ‘Your brothers are to be congratulated for sending my errant child back to me.’ The Great Necromancer stepped towards Makvar, his morghast bodyguards following him across the barren room. ‘A fearsome foe will be just as fearsome when set against the enemy. Bear that in mind, Lord-Celestant. Whatever discord there may be between Mannfred and the Stormcast Eternals, remember that he is no friend of Archaon.’ He waved his staff at the dripping walls. ‘The might of the Mortarch of Night will be a great asset in taking Gothizzar from the hosts of Chaos.’

>‘But will he see it that way?’ Makvar wondered. ‘As you’ve said, it was Stormcasts who drove him from the Realm of Beasts to seek refuge in Nachtsreik.’

Woah, Nahash is really paternal toward Mannfred.
>>
>>48432735

I wouldn't put any stock in prophecy events ever playing out to the letter.

Also are you so arrogant as to say other characters aren't allowed to develop because it would make your pet one look less color? Give me a fucking break.

>>48432748

Red herring, or they'll find a way to free the souls trapped in Dorghor as a big plot event and we'll get Thostos Ascendant.
>>
>>48432652
>how to piss of both chaos and order fanboys : the plottwist
>>
>>48432782
I think it's more that Nagash doesn't waste tools, and most of all that Mannfred has an actual miniature.
Would it have been anybody else with Arkhan and Nefy in the Mortarch kit, Mannfred would have been dead.
>>
>>48432811
>I wouldn't put any stock in prophecy events ever playing out to the letter.

Every vision from Eye of Sheerin happened exactly as it was witnessed by Archaon. From WHFB to AOS, every single one. Only two so far that did not take place yet. One, him defeating Sigmar for the final time. Two, him picking up the Hammer.

Given the Eye's 100% accuracy record, there is no reason to doubt it.

>say other characters aren't allowed to develop

Ain't saying that.

What I am saying is that a Pikachu ain't going evolve to Zapdos.
>>
>>48432652

That was Sigmar's final plan all along. Sacrificing himself to redeem another who had fallen so far. Kastner finally realizing his God really is, was, selfless to the end dismantle his world view on faith.

And even thrn, with redeemed Archaon, it wouldn't be a sure win because the death of Sigmar would send Order reeling back as much as Chaos losing gheir Grand Marshal. Both sides would fall into disarray, a cold war, as they try to pick up the pieces. The status quo is up held!
>>
>>48432842
He keeps calling him his son and child. He doesn't refer to Nef or Ark that way.
>>
File: 942390.jpg (175KB, 1419x533px) Image search: [Google]
942390.jpg
175KB, 1419x533px
obvious photoshop is obvious
>>
>>48432854

No, but remeber thst with proper set up a Magikarp can roll an entire team of legendaries....
>>
>>48432500
I feel the Savage Orcs generally works better in Age of Sigmar because of the skirmish style of combat. The formations always seemed like an odd choice for them.
>>
>>48432879

He's grooming him.

Vlad is still better and deserved better.
>>
>>48432879
Maybe he'll try to improve him. We're still far from the scheming Mannfred that stole the ring from Vlad, put Konrad in charge as a distraction, faked his death and deceived the Empire before marching to Altdorf, but maybe he'll go back to not being a bald moron someday.
>>
File: Muh dryads.png (1MB, 905x652px) Image search: [Google]
Muh dryads.png
1MB, 905x652px
Dryads are progressing. Only just minor details and basing needs to be done.
>>
>>48432995

Looks great, anon! Keep up the good work.
>>
File: muh dryads.jpg (3MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
muh dryads.jpg
3MB, 3552x2000px
>>48433013
Thanks man.
Here is a better picture. The png format raped the details of that picture.

I am really happy with the way the blue worked for the eyes, magical runes, and the spites.
>>
>>48432890

NO

I guess it doesn't make sense to pump out another Starter or expansion so soon
>>
>>48432995
>>48433043
Cool Dryads anon
Loving the eyes
>>
>>48433043

It's a good contrast to greens and browns, and makes them look more unnatural as blue light isn't something that usually occurs in nature (which is why horror movies use it so much.)
>>
>>48433052
It would be an interesting business idea to renew the starter set every now and then, though.
>>
>>48433070
Thanks m8.
I intended them to look sorta "swampy".

>>48433088
Yeah. Also, the blue lighting sorta gives them a Will-o'-the-wisp feeling, at least in my opinion.
>>
>Vengefully, Mannfred stretched forth his hand. Makvar could feel the necromantic power leaching into him, slithering under his armour to sap the life from him. If the vampire was to know defeat, then he would at least claim Makvar before he fell.

>Before darkness could close around Makvar, a searing voice hissed through the tomb. ‘The man is mine.’

>The pressure upon Makvar’s arm vanished as Mannfred was thrown back, cast aside by some unseen force. The draining magic that had plagued the Lord-Celestant’s veins dissipated, exorcised from him with such abruptness that the rush of his restored vitality was like fire raging within his flesh. The sounds of battle within the tomb fell silent.

>It wasn’t hate but fear that now gripped Mannfred’s features when Makvar looked at the vampire. He didn’t need to guess why. He could feel the awesome presence that descended into the sanctum, the orchestrator of the words that had brought him reprieve from a sorcerous death.

>Aglow with a power that made even Mannfred’s exalted strength pathetic in comparison, Nagash walked towards his errant Mortarch.

>The Great Necromancer could feel the terror that pounded inside Mannfred’s chest. The Mortarch of Night had gambled much on his excursion into the Realm of Beasts. He had thought he could free himself of his master, thought he could rebuild his power somewhere beyond Nagash’s reach. Forced back into the Realm of Death, he had thought himself safe within Nachtsreik, thought he could restore his powers by steeping himself in the energies of his sanctum.

>Now, Mannfred was learning the foolishness of such thoughts. Humility wasn’t something with which the Mortarch was familiar. Every so often, it became necessary to remind him that there were powers mightier than himself. Powers before which he must make obeisance.
>>
>>48432354
>>48432564

Backed up when you add in the Cathayan mutant from 'Beasts in Velvet' who claimed to have seen Gotrek fight twenty years earlier at a Siege in Praag. Which, by the timing of the books, would imply that Gotrek has been at multiple such sieges.

Additionally, cannonically Felix and Gotrek missed the Storm of Chaos.
>>
>>48433127
>At a gesture from his skeletal claw, Nagash dispelled the withering enchantment with which Mannfred beset Makvar. A glance was enough to break the arcane bonds that animated the vampire’s guardians, causing them to collapse in heaps of bleached bone. A gesture sent Ashigaroth back into the shadows, banishing the dread abyssal’s corporeal manifestation. The Mortarch of Night was among the most powerful adepts to practise the profane art of necromancy to have ever existed, but Nagash was the father of that foul strain of magic, and there many were secrets about the art known only to himself.

>It was amusing to see Mannfred retreat from his intended victim. He cringed away like some frightened animal, falling back towards the raised dais where his sepulchre had stood. The display of fright wasn’t entirely genuine, but seldom was anything the Mortarch did. He retreated because he thought to draw upon the power with which he had saturated himself, to harness it for one final effort of defiance.

>Nagash allowed Mannfred to pull back, letting him reach the very cusp of his objective. Then an unspoken command gripped the vampire, freezing him in place as though he had been caught in a basilisk’s stare. At the last, he betrayed himself, darting a quick, longing look at the pedestals and the glassy black stones resting upon them. He even tried to cry out to them with his sorcery and draw their energy to him. It needed only the slightest exertion of his own will for Nagash to crush Mannfred’s last flicker of rebellion.

>‘On your knees before your master, little one,’ Nagash hissed at the Mortarch. A wave of his fleshless hand had Mannfred bowing before him, as abased and servile as any serf. Only the Lord of Death could sense the resentment buried deep within him, locked away in the blackest reaches of the vampire’s essence.
>>
Is the tabletop community coming around to AoS?

>>48431356
>>
>>48433141
>The Great Necromancer turned towards Makvar, waiting while the Stormcasts’ commander picked himself off the floor. The other Anvils were drawing close to their leader, closing ranks around him in a remarkable display of fidelity and courage. They were battered and bloodied from their contest with Mannfred, but none had fallen in the fighting.

>‘You must make allowances for my vassal,’ Nagash said. ‘It is not long ago that he came slinking back to his old haunts to lock himself away in this sanctum. Rousing him so abruptly from his repose has brought out the worst of him. He is somewhat of a kindred spirit to the vermin that besiege his castle, and like any cornered rat, it is in his lair that his bite is at its worst.’

MANNFRED NO!
>>
>>48432854
>Every vision from Eye of Sheerin happened exactly as it was witnessed by Archaon. From WHFB to AOS, every single one.

>Except two

>bb-b-but thats because they havent happened YET!!!!
>>
>>48433162
Except two that haven't OCCURRED YET. If you know this why raise the issue? The Eye has been faithful since the old setting. It will get things wrong just because you want it to? Probability falls on the side of Archaon.
>>
>>48433157
Fuck, I want to read it now.
>>
>>48433192
>these two visions just havent occurred yet!
>i swear archaon is perfect and amazing!
>oh god yes archaon give me that dick mmmm im your #1 fan
>>
>A look of shock gripped Mannfred’s face. ‘You have joined forces with Sigmar? Have you forgotten the God-King’s treachery so soon? Do you not understand it was his knights who fought against me!’

>Nagash silenced the Mortarch with a wave of his hand. ‘We share a common foe and a common purpose. Chaos must be vanquished. It must be expunged from all the Mortal Realms. Archaon will be made to account for his manifold atrocities. The gate of Gothizzar will be cleansed of its defilers. This is my command.’ He turned back towards Makvar. ‘There is your answer, Lord-Celestant. The Realm of Death will fight beside the Realm Celestial once more.’

It's official. Nagash joined up with Sigmar again. Their first joint operation is to liberate the Allgate in Gothizzar. Huzzah!
>>
>>48433242
100% accuracy, my friend. HD vision of the future. You can't beat that. Slaan can't beat that. Tzeentch can't beat that. Stay mad, dawg.
>>
>>48433244
Nagash won't go to Gothizzar, it's been known since the All-Gates book is out.
>>
>>48433263
>I LOVE YOU SO MUCH ARCHAON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>48433263

Where the hell did the Eye come from?
>>
>>48433294
From a Tzeentchian daemon sorcerer that was imprisoned inside a titanic Cathyian dragon.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>48432652
They've already set up what will happen.
Archaon will defeat Sigmar and become a Daemon.
He'll reach out to claim Ghal Maraz, but at that moment someone will use his true name against him.
>>
>>48433431
Except that ARchaon refuses to become a daemon. It's written in Grand Alliance book and his own BT that Archaon scorns daemonhood and doesn't want it.
>>
>>48433455
FUCK YES I LOVE ARCHAON SO MUCH

THRUST THAT FAT MORTAL DEMIGOD DICK INSIDE MY NERD ASS

GIVE ME YOUR LOVE ARCHAON
>>
I'm about to finish up my death army and want to get onto something more colourful. What are some armies that I can paint bright, vibrant colours? I've been looking at Empire & the Spider Grots so far.
>>
>>48433244
Finally! That's the good guy that Nagash we all know and love.
>>
>>48433455
>Except that ARchaon refuses to become a daemon.

For now, he may need too in the future.
The wouldn't have bothered bringing the true name thing up if it wasn't going to happen.
The last vision of the Eye show Daemon Archaon.
>>
Archaon doesn't really seem to have much characterisation, honestly?

Like, he went nuts because he found out he was going to be Archaon all along, spent about a century undergoing various trials before leading an army against the Empire then...

Freaks out when confronted about his behaviour?

Then after Mannfred kills the world, he apparently goes around breaking shit for a really long time, but apparently has a SEKRIT PLAN to kill the chaos gods?

Sparse and weird.
>>
>>48433521
Chaos.
Especially with new Tzeentch coming out so soon.
>>
>>48433524
No, he isn't a daemon. Also he is already more powerful than Daemon Princes and Kings according to his BT. Not to mention that he despises daemonkind. So waht you are saying goes against his character.

And you putting too much thought on what the Watcher King was hoping for. The real name of Archaon as was said by the daemon links to the nobility and good still living in Archaon which might aid in turning him back against Chaos. This totally points at the redemption.
>>
>>48433540
>Archaon doesn't really seem to have much characterisation, honestly?

Your problem is taking the novels as canon.
It is safe to only draw Archaon's characterization from game books.

The important notes of his character are:

Man of faith -> falls to darkness, hating the god he once held dear -> becomes champion of Chaos

You can't count on anything else.
>>
>>48433582
AoS is drawing on elements from the novel by referencing the name the novel invented for Archaon, his unanswered prayer in the temple, and the fact that he isn't totally corrupted and seeks salvation.
>>
>>48433540
he's the specialests of snowflakes
>>
>>48433606

>Isn't totally corrupted and seeks salvation
>Turned on a doomsday machine that destroyed the fucking planet
>In the hell-realm which exists afterwards just kinda flies about breaking shit for millenia
>>
>>48433306

And how did a Tzeentchian Daemon Sorcerer imprisoned in a titanic Cathyian dragon create something that people are claiming is better at seeing the future than Tzeentch?
>>
>>48433606
Also the Godbeasts that came with the WD implies that Archaon has an unknownable plan that extends beyond the destruction of the realms, IIRC.
>>
>>48433638

Even Tzeentch isn't 100% all the time on Fate and Prophecy, if Kairos is any confirmation.
>>
>>48433521
Tzeentch maybe ? You can do ALL the colours. Stormcast look nice with bright armour as well
>>
>>48433580
>No, he isn't a daemon.

He clearly is in the last vision.
He has wings of darkness and his armour is twisted and mutated.

>Also he is already more powerful than Daemon Princes and Kings according to his BT.

Doesn't mean he can't become more powerful.

>Not to mention that he despises daemonkind. So waht you are saying goes against his character.

Not really, we've yet to see how he deals with high stress situations. What if Sigmar starts kicking his ass?

I think he will transform into a daemon to defeat ssj sigmar.

>And you putting too much thought on what the Watcher King was hoping for. The real name of Archaon as was said by the daemon links to the nobility and good still living in Archaon which might aid in turning him back against Chaos. This totally points at the redemption.

The name only has meaning if he's a daemon.
So narritvely he will become a daemon so that the true name can be used.
>>
>>48433634

>le he can't be redeemed because he killed some people meme

Stop
>>
>>48433634
He feels bad about it inside. He didn't ask for this.

>>48433638
It isn't really better. The Eye 99% of the time shows only a few moments into the future. When Archaon does something really epic like becoming the Everchosen or destroying the old World, the Eye shows him the far future with incredible accuracy.
>>
>Archaon becomes a daemon prince
>Archaon gets beaten up so hard by the gods that he is sent back in time
>Archaon wakes up in a long forgotten age and decides to take the name of Be'lakor
>Archaon is inbred to such a degree that he is his own father
>the dark gods laugh and poetry ensues
>>
>>48433652

That's my point. If Tzeentch isn't 100%, what makes people think this Eye thing is?

What makes it more powerful at this than Tzeentch?
>>
>>48433666
The devil trips confirms it.
>>
File: Kastner lives.jpg (108KB, 631x288px) Image search: [Google]
Kastner lives.jpg
108KB, 631x288px
>>48433659
>He clearly is in the last vision.

He clearly is. He is just being stylized in the art and nothing more.

>Doesn't mean he can't become more powerful.

He dodn't want it. It goes against his lore and character.

>Not really, we've yet to see how he deals with high stress situations. What if Sigmar starts kicking his ass?

The vision has him defeating Sigmar as he is now.

>The name only has meaning if he's a daemon.

That's not what the Lord of Change said. The name has a meaning to Archaon because it links to his virtuous past and can used to bring back what he was.
>>
>>48433664

Dude if he isn't a committed badass warlord with an evil agenda and is actually a conflicted guy who does stuff he doesn't particularly want to then he's nothing more than a whiny little bitch with no agency.

Kylo Ren tier.
>>
>>48433701
He clearly isn't*
>>
File: WTF-Dude.jpg (89KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
WTF-Dude.jpg
89KB, 600x706px
How do Warscroll Battalions work with Pitched Games?

The units I take into ones counts for the Roles limit?
For example, can I take a battalion (with 1 leader and 3 battleline) and then take a couple of non-battleline units to round up the points?

Or it's like a CAD and formations in 40k?
>>
>>48433707
Actually, Sigmar and Valten called him out about it.

Hurt pride, ambition, and lust for power is what made Kastner truly fall. It might be Sigmar deflecting blame on failing Kastner but there might be some truth in it.
>>
>>48433751
Yes the units you pick still count towards role limits
>>
>>48433751
Battalions work as follows:
>Do you have 2X, 1Y and 1Z?
If yes even if you have non Battalion units in your total army list you still get the bonus

You still have to pay for the special rules though
>>
>>48433752

>He got upset when he was called out on how he's acting

Yeah, and if that's part of a "redemption arc" it just makes him look like an emotionally pathetic little shit.

Wrecking the world because he's on an extended tantrum.
>>
>>48433701
>He is just being stylized in the art and nothing more.

It does not match any previous stylisation in the previous art sequence, this should tell you that a transformation has occurred.

>He dodn't want it.

Not at the moment but the time shall come.

>It goes against his lore and character.

Diedrick Kastner never wanted to become Archaon, but it happened anyway. Archaon will become a daemon.

>The vision has him defeating Sigmar as he is now.

It has him fighting Sigmar as he is now, it shows him triumphant over Sigmar as a Daemon.

>That's not what the Lord of Change said.

It is. He says the name can be used to turn him against the Gods, but it only matters as a daemon as the Gaunt Summoner says. Kiathanus confirms this with his 'And yet...'
>>
>>48433701
Forget to mention that in the same book it had a genocidal Nurglite warlord being redeemed into a Stormcast in the finale.

Coincidence?! I think not.
>>
File: WARHAHЯAW.png (294KB, 361x583px) Image search: [Google]
WARHAHЯAW.png
294KB, 361x583px
Just made my first list from what i had lying around...

>Doorfs

>HQ
1* Dwarf Lord on shield 160

>Artillery
2* cannon 360

>Battleline
10* Warriors 100
10* longbeards 140

>Other various nonsense
1* helicopter 80
5* Slayers 60
10* thunderers 120

What do you think /tg/? It does not have to be WAAC fag tier but will it fold like a wet noodle when i play it?
>>
>>48433789
Agree to disagree. As much I love to argue about all day, I am running out of time.
>>
>>48433664
>some people
he's never gonna be anything more than a green knight style character for order
every sane (and brave) person would (try to) kill him on sight after all he's done
>>
So the twist is that Archaon is homosexual?
>>
>>48432121
>Well, that's disappointing
Except it's not. Both the Acolytes and the Tzaangors fucking suck, the only good things on that list that deserved points are the ogroid thaumaturges and the Gaunt Summoner.
>>
>>48433842
He's one of the straightest characters in warhammer given that he actually had a waifu.
>>
>>48433862
That's just Archaon being closet homosexual. He was clearly gay for Sigmar and Sigmar went like "no homo."
>>
>>48433784
>>48433751
this made me think
how the hell are you supposed to play the ironweld arsenal formation
>>
>>48433701

>It's okay you exaggerate my husbando in art and storytelling but you're wrong g I they do it with anyone else!

Lol double standard much
>>
>>48433752

Sigmar could not do a god damn thing at that point, he was cut off from the world.

>>48433787

That was during End Times.

Clearly he has fallen a lot further since then....
>>
>>48433789

Did the daemon ever specify WHICH gods?
>>
>>48433823

So you admit you are wrong and concede.
>>
>>48433777
>>48433784
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>48433818
>1020pts
Otherwise it's pretty good. The gyrocopter is pretty meh, but the rest should perform soldily.
Don't forget to include weapons, artifact and command trait on the lord.
>>
Why must we talk about Archaon when have much more fun characters to talk about, like Nagash?
>>
>>48434041

Are his WHFB novels any good?
>>
>>48434036
Huh, you are right. And i thought i was being so careful
>>
File: Realmgate.jpg (513KB, 1994x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Realmgate.jpg
513KB, 1994x3000px
Realmgate to the next bread :
>>48434281
>>48434281
>>
>>48434057
No. Everything published about Nagash past the Liber Necris is shit.
>>
>>48434342
I disagree. His novels were a fun read.

I just finished the lord of Undeath AoS novel. Fuck me it was a long one. Though, it was a aton of fun. A lot of world and character building.
>>
>>48433789
fuck the lore, the lore has been stepped on plenty when convenient, his whole original shtick was based on the concept that the 'good' gods were just aspects of the four which has been retconned.

>>48433901
He had a waifu in the two novels who was revealed to be Belakors slaanesh agent/possible 'child' he then shits a brick when he finds out Sigmar is actually real(see above)

Apparently his creator originally wanted him to kill himself once his mission was complete.
Thread posts: 384
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.