[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> You did something so wrongthat they built a prison specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: 22153086991_86a2eb8af1_z.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
22153086991_86a2eb8af1_z.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
> You did something so wrongthat they built a prison specifically to keep you in.

>they torture you to death just to revive you, and do it over. Promising an eternity of slow agonizing deaths.

> if you do manage to escape, there is a vveritable super dungeon full of traps. And staffed by certified badasses just itching for an excuse to rip you a new one and drag you back to your cell.

>The Jailers are the key. Kill them and be free.

Would play? Y/N?

How would you run it?.
>>
>>48424395
Only so long as I am a motherfucking badass right from the start.
>>
Me personally? No, I find megadungeons claustrophobic. In general? Yeah, sounds like it could be a cool campaign.
>>
>>48424395

Considering the constant death and reviving, you could just play it like All You Need Is Kill, where you use the knowledge and experience gained after each death to eventually become a badass in your own right and escape.

Unfortunately, I can only imagine in a vidya, where death is a major mechanic that you need to get through to learn how to get past obstacles and gain experience enough to grow past those obstacles.
>>
>>48424525
Im not familiar with All you need is kill. What is it like?
>>
>>48424667
Well, first of all, all you need, presumably, is kill.
>>
>>48424395
Sounds too videogamey.
>>
>>48424710
How so? I mean a lot of inspiration can be drawn from other media. Do you mean mechanically or thematically?
>>
File: 1467595320258.png (77KB, 266x450px) Image search: [Google]
1467595320258.png
77KB, 266x450px
>>48424677
>>
>>48424426
This. If you start them off weak, and the stuff they face right off is weak, then the prison is dumb as hell. Besides, if you make a prison for a few dudes in particular, then you have to cater to their strengths and they have to be real damn powerful. Or just real nasty dudes.
>>
>>48424395
Sounds sick.
I'd run it pretty much like you described, but with more likelihood of you simply dying instead of being dragged back to your cell. Or you get moved to supermax or something, just to make sure that there are consequences for failure apart from getting dragged back to your cell and having to start all over again.
I'd probably have the players be incredibly confused as to what they've even done, or where they are, or how long they've been jailed. Some kind of mystery/amnesiac element, and they unravel the nature of the jail as they go on.
>>
>>48424395
Better idea. Have the players get hired to break into this sort of place.

The one at the heart of the prison? The last murderhobo party they played as. THEY know what they've done.
>>
>>48424395
I would, but only if after defeating the jailers I get to do awesome world-conquering type shit outside of it. Because, well, to be imprisoned like that and able to break out anyway would mean grade-A badass.
>>
I would think being eternally tortured would eventually result in one becoming numb to painful stimuli, or adopting a masochistic mindset and actually beginning to derive some twisted form of pleasure from it.

Is this some kind of sexual roleplay campaign, OP?
>>
>>48425948
>light a dude on fire, he just keeps running at you
>fling acid onto his face, he just keeps running at you
>kick him in the nads, he just bites your face off

Man, fuck pain immunity.
>>
>>48425715
>but with more likelihood of you simply dying instead of being dragged back to your cell.

If they could kill you, why haven't they ?

Why did they spend all those resources building and maintaining a prison just to hold you ?

Every badass staffing the prison is one not able to serve in the rulers army. One that is likely bored because of the long stretches between escape attempts.
>>
>>48424395
What the fuck is the purple bunny man's deal? Is he Satan? Am I Satan? Do I get to punch him in his stupid face later?
>>
>>48424395
I, too, have been playing Furi OP

Love the game. But as has been said already, it's not exactly RP-friendly. That being said, I think there's a campaign in "escape from a dungeon that is just a giant prison"
>>
>>48426100
I'd assume the reason they hadn't killed you is because they want you to suffer for whatever reason, making an example of those who defy them or simply for amusement, and they would prefer your death if they had to choose between killing you and letting you escape.

Really, i'd just want some excuse for the campaign to change with failure instead of just getting dragged back to your cell, more experienced and ready for your next attempt. Being trapped in a possibly eternal cycle of torture and escape attempts sound pretty metal, but I could see how playing it on the tabletop could feel like banging your head against a wall. The concept seems more suited for a video game than tabletop, if you didn't try and adapt it at all.
>>
>>48424395
>I was call the Lightbringer, the Prince of Morning.
>Untold numbers of legions of soldiers were under my command.
>I was my father's closest confidant and his chosen right-hand man.
>I did not see the jealously in my brothers' eyes.
>When we needed our Father the most, He was nowhere to be found.
>My brothers' claimed the Throne, and then began to undo His Work.
>So, I fought with my lieutenants and legions.
>But Father's legacy was too strong and my legions were cast out.
>I was caught and accused of Treason.
>They could not kill me, so they built a prison for me.
>In time, other poor souls were incarcerated alongside me, guilty of crimes against the Throne.
>I am Lucifer, the Morningstar, and I will escape this prison
>>
>>48426263
This
>>
>>48426170 you're an alien scout that's biologically poisonous to the land visibly withers at your approach. Your mission was to find worlds to "assimilate". Purple rabbit dude was the prison architect who got tired of not seeing his family. The other jailers wouldn't let him leave because you're that dangerous. So he said fuck it im seeing my baby girl.
>>
Reminds me of this http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2998
>>
>>48424667

It's the manga the movie Edge of Tomorrow is based off of.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
158KB, 1920x1080px
>>48424395

Or you could have it just be a series of highly deadly one on one duels.
>>
>>48424395
I think the best way to run it is if the 'prison' is effectively an entire world unto itself.

Basically run it as though one was trying to escape hell, with everything in hell trying their best to keep them inside. If they die, they haul them to the bottom.

That way the players have a good degree of freedom in that they can go pretty much anywhere within the prison, but it's not a good place to be. They can cut deals with other factions of inmates, schmooze up the guards, all the typical prison stuff, just on a grander scale than a single building.

Doesn't even have to be hell either. Could be a sci-fi prison world, could be a dream dimension like the matrix, could be Australia, there's a lot of ways to do it.
>>
I see it as this, they have you locked in. It isn't exceptionally hard to get out of your cell, although they change the specifics just to keep it from getting old. Torture you to death, then revive you? Sure, but that's just to give you inspiration to escape. Other prisoners that might just be willing to help you? You bet.

But, there's the rub. This is one well-built prison. It teaches you certain behaviors to avoid trouble, only so that they can keep better track of you. Go ahead, escape your cell. That hope you cling to? That thought of escape that keeps you going? That's the real torture. We'll keep killing you, bringing you back, and shoving you in a cell, only to watch you run the maze all over again.

You know that crazy old man that only repeats the same numbers? We actually let him breathe the air outside before the guards got him. That WAS the code to the outer doors. Now, it's whatever puzzle piece we want it to be. Take a long, hard look. That old man is your future.
>>
>>48425890
Run a full proper EVIL campaign beforehand just to hammer in the connection.
>>
>>48424426
>start as badass
>loot/assimilate/whatever other prisoners and guards to get even more badass
>>
>>48424395
What the fuck did I DO?
>>
>>48424667
The source material for the movie Edge of Tomorrow, where aliens invade earth and the main character is drafted into the army to fight them. The first big battle is a fucking disaster but he gets splashed by the blood of a super-alien before dying, waking up 3(? maybe 1 I can't remember) days ago. Turns into a Groundhog Day-esque scenario in which he must use the information from each cycle to better his chances of "advancing" in the next cycle, that is to say, survivng longer and figuring out his situation.
>>
read the OP and immediately thought of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os5wI6zIFEM
>>
>>48425948
>I would think being eternally tortured would eventually result in one becoming numb to painful stimuli, or adopting a masochistic mindset
Hey, have you ever broke a bone? Did it ever stop hurting whenever you applied pressure to it? If yes, then that's only because it healed up. Pain responses do not become ignorable or pleasurable over time. Anyone who says so has never experienced pain for any serious length of time.
>>
>>48431316
Now that's a good Jadeclaw BBEG
>>
>>48426535
10/10 would play
>>
>>48424426
>Only so long as I am a motherfucking badass right from the start.
This.
Possible archetypes for PC choices include: Riddick, Wolverine, Doomsday, and possibly Deadpool or Lobo, but I don't know them as well.
I could also accept a near-god-level character, like Darkseid, starting off at their most weakened and drained state, getting stronger the longer they are free.
>>
>>48424426
And that's how the campaign for DOOM 2016 was written.
>>
>>48430390
You exist
>>
>>48424395
Literally working on preparing this right now for my players.
>>
>>48424426
You could run it without this. Prehaps have the PCs escape their cell through subterfuge or by means of a traitor in the computer system.

Imagine having to sneak through all the hidden systems - vents, cooling ducts, behind walls - conducting guerilla warfare against the powerful Arbiters, breaking their system to turn it against them, to weaken and trap them before killing them one by one to increase your power.
>>
>>48424395

No. At least not at that starting point. Let me have the fun of doing something so fucking horrible that it merits this pain in the ass.

Never been a fan of starting out in jail. Just the assumption that the character would have been caught feels...off.
>>
>>48431316
Man, I fucking HATED that sadistic tortoise by the end of the film. That sick fuck didn't deserve a peaceful death.

>Guy is a good student and obedient son his whole life.
>Is groomed for the Scroll of Ultimate Power since childhood.
>Is told no.
>No explanation given. His life goal up to that point is ripped away but not told why.
>Throws a tantrum and wrecks part of the local village.
>Sentenced to spend the rest of his life in solitary confinement. In restraints that give no freedom of movement.
>Basically sentenced to torture for rest of life.
>For one tantrum and some property damage.

Okay, that's harsh as fuck, but we're talking about Ultimate Power here. The unworthy can /not/ be allowed to get it. Can't afford leniency to those who try to take it by force, that would send the wrong message and practically declare open season on the Scroll of Ultimate Power.

>Scroll never contained ultimate power.
>At all.
>It just contained a Hallmark lesson about finding your inner strength.
>Probably just a trick an old Master created to troll one of his students.
>The tortoise knew.
>Had a good kid tortured for the rest of his life to protect a secret that was worthless.
>>
>>48436215
I would draw your attention to the use of the phrase 'laid waste to the valley of peace' in that story. He basically destroyed a town because he was angry. Letting someone who can and will do that roam free is a bad idea. If they gave him the scroll he probably still would've been angry and even if he wasn't are they just supposed to hope that no-one ever pisses him off so that he doesn't go on a killing spree?

As for the severity of his imprisonment the fact that he broke out with only a goose feather kind of proves that it needed to be like that to stop him just instantly escaping. They also couldn't just kill him because then Shifu would never have been able to come to terms with it and never would have found peace.
>>
>>48434077
>You could run it without this.
Not really. If you weren't some superpowered asskicker, they wouldn't need to build a prison specifically to hold you. Any old supermax would do if you're just a regular Joe who happens to be eeevil.
>>
>>48436450
>laid waste to the valley of peace

In the flash back shown, we saw minor property damage. During his prison break, he didn't actually kill any of the rhinos (unlike the rhinos themselves). When he fought the 5, he disabled them non-lethally.

Not seeing anything even close to deserving what he got.

Any entire lifetime of being a good guy, then one tantrum when his dream got shat on, does no a monster make.
>>
>>48436523

It's easy to not be a thief when you have plenty of money. Virtue without challenge is just patting yourself on the back for existing.
>>
>>48436576
>I don't want to admit I'm wrong to I'll try to change the subject with some fortune cookie pseudo-wisdom.
>>
>>48436628

No, I just literally don't believe you're a good person just because you had an easy life, so no, he doesn't have "a lifetime of being a good guy" on his side. He has a lifetime of not being tempted to be a bad guy.

The literal first time he was tempted to be bad, he went balls deep. That is his character.
>>
>>48436659
>The literal first time he was tempted to be bad, he went balls deep.

He threw a tantrum and caused some property damage one time. Then was sentenced to be tortured for the rest of his life. That's his character.
>>
File: giant.jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
giant.jpg
8KB, 284x177px
>>48424395
>And staffed by certified badasses just itching for an excuse to rip you a new one and drag you back to your cell

I really like this particular concept, in general. Just a string of really dangerous beings that really fucking hate you.

"It's been a long couple centuries, hasn't it? I bet you've already forgotten who I am. Well, don't worry, I'll remind you who I am in just a moment.

You know, this just the thing I needed. I've had a lot of time to think about things, about you. About the things you did. And you know what, I've reached an epiphany: Eternal torture isn't the answer anymore. It's time to erase you, once and for all!"
>>
>>48436767
>>48436523
>>48436215
You make some good points.
I want to say that I remember repeated moments of attempted murder, but I'd have to rewatch the movie to confirm.
Overall though, you sound like a guy claiming that an expert marksman who fires a machine gun into a crowd without killing anyone "dindu nuthin'".
The fact that actual murder and death were not depicted onscreen in a kids' movie does *not* indicate a lack of murderous intent.
>>
>>48437409
>Overall though, you sound like a guy claiming that an expert marksman who fires a machine gun into a crowd without killing anyone "dindu nuthin'".

You sound like a guy that needs to work on his reading comprehension. Nothing I said is even close to that.

He did do something. Property damage and assault. I'm saying that a life time of torture is fucked up for something more deserving of public service or a fine.

>The fact that actual murder and death were not depicted onscreen in a kids' movie does *not* indicate a lack of murderous intent.

The fact that he chose to use non-lethal attacks to disable his opponents clearly does show a lack of murderous intent (in general, if not against the tortoise).
>>
>>48437668
>You sound like a guy that needs to work on his reading comprehension.

I said you were saying he didn't really do anything.
>The fact that he chose to use non-lethal attacks to disable his opponents clearly does show a lack of murderous intent
>An expert marksman firing a gun into a crowd and not killing anyone clearly shows a lack of murderous intent and should only be seen as causing a bit of property damage.
We should let him do it to blow off steam, he's clearly in full control of himself.
>>
>>48436485
You could reconcile it with "magical power dampeners" excuse. So every floor of the prison would have two stages - first, you sneak in to shut that thing down.
THEN you're the unstoppable badass and conquer the floor, freeing other inmates and showing that you're the biggest boss on it.
Then start planning subterfuge on how to shut down the next floor's generator.
>>
>>48436523
Yeah none of the rhinos he threw down into the gorge died, nope.
>>
>>48438155

The Jailers are the key to your stolen power. Kill them and be free.
>>
>>48427746
>It's the novella that the manga was based off of that Edge of Tomorrow is based off of.
FTFY
>>
>>48430576
You're getting the confused 3 from the fact that it's thirty hours exactly.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.