[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would /tg/ run pic related? I just finished the show, as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: gravityfalls.jpg (67KB, 655x374px) Image search: [Google]
gravityfalls.jpg
67KB, 655x374px
How would /tg/ run pic related? I just finished the show, as well as Stranger Things, and now I want to run a comfy coming of age mystery game with moments of horror. Ideas for systems/plots?
>>
Call of Cthulhu.
Tone down damage/ make deaths 'concussions' etc.

Good luck anon, always wanted to do something like that.
>>
>>48416601
I'd suggest you to try the FATE system. It's really versatile, and allows many degrees of action, mystery and horror, all while keeping the rules simple and clean. The only downside is that you require +/- dice to play.

You can find the whole thing for free here
https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjDy_DKwInOAhXEbxQKHTCRAasQFggpMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffate-srd.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNH6q72wNV-dLVMJ8IWvwc2FVSdRoA&sig2=JuQPQ_R7zeATHGl0X0hnxA
>>
File: gravity clues.png (611KB, 807x718px) Image search: [Google]
gravity clues.png
611KB, 807x718px
>>48416601
Right.

Stranger Things and Gravity Falls are different things entirely. You can't mash them up because a few of the themes overlap (childhood, mystery) but they have different interpretations and narrative function in either.

The Stand By Me, Super 8, Stranger Things route is interesting and certainly a trove of ideas for roleplaying. Try MaOCT without monsters. Take special care to give the kid PCs and any kid NPCs depth, inner conflict, and something to grow up over. Adults can be more flat, and creatures should be well polarized.

For Gravity Falls I'd try Fate. Simply throw out a lot of hooks and work with what the players do. Have a great secret in the background, but approach it slowly. It should be foreshadowed but not central until the showdown. The PCs have to find allies and an arsenal first to be able to deal with it.
>>
>>48416601
Call of Cthulhu. Screw comfy, melt their infant minds into paste.
>>
>>48417179
Pulp Cthulhu at least.

Because characters don't die easily and they stock an arsenal with mystery tools.
>>
>>48417158
So, what would you describe as the differences that makes MaOCT work for one style and Fate work for the other one?
>>
>>48417427
ORE follows a hard reality that can be deadly. There are light notes like the relationship dice track, but it can backfire and cause tragedy. There is little wiggle room for interpretation. It is precise.

Fate is more cooperative, the GM is more arbiter than despot. It invites creative solutions and offers no real avenue of straight attack. You have to stack ideas, even in combat. A character can't die unless the player wants them to, and damage is either immediately forgotten about, or it turns into a part of the character, fleshing out their story.

ORE is a stat+skill dice pool. Fate mechanics apply to the story, not the physics of the world.
>>
>>48416601
GURPS
>>
>>48416601
Little Fears could probably handle something like this. It's more horror than mystery though
>>
CofD Innocents or CoC itself.
>>
>>48420849
Little Fears has its own mythology and not a lot else. Make sure to get the first edition, the Nightmare edition has been sanitized to a crippling degree making the title quite ironic.
>>
The owls are not what they seem.
>>
File: ddnmd.gif (1MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
ddnmd.gif
1MB, 426x240px
With a 38 sided die.

http://www.watchonlinecartoons.net/gravity-falls/watch-gravity-falls-episode-13-season-2-dungeons-dungeons-and-more-dungeons
>>
You owe me creamed corn!
>>
>>48416601
Bump.
>>
Fire walk with me
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.