[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw, you try to do a magical realm campaign and it somehow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Bizarro_World_002.jpg (29KB, 270x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bizarro_World_002.jpg
29KB, 270x300px
>Tfw, you try to do a magical realm campaign and it somehow becomes a good serious campaign with magical realm on the backburner.
I feel like I'm in fucking opposite land. Not that that's a bad thing. Anyone have anything similar happen to them?
>>
What exactly does magical realm mean? Been posting/ lurking for a while but haven't ever known what the term means
>>
I have not, mostly because I don't think running a magical realm campaign is feasible for me, but have you considered that you put extra effort in due to the anticipation and the extra care and attention to detail made the campaign more engaging in general?
>>
>>48414073
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Magical_realm
>>
>>48414073
It means fetish.
>>48414074
I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised it went the way it did.
>>
What fetish OP? It has to be pretty tame...
>>
>>48414036
Please go on, I would love to hear about this.
>>
>>48414615
Dare you enter my magical realm?
It was monster boy vore. Pure m/f to be specific.
>>48414631
The party started off at a monster boy convention, each one given a badge with a "random" number on it to show who they were. Plenty of people dressed up as monster boys when in reality, they actually were monster boys pretending to be cosplayers. Nobody knew about the oncoming feast save for the monsters. Every poor gal invited without knowing what they walked into. If you had a matching number with one of these guys, that means you were their partner/meal for the main event. It focused on sneaking around trying to survive and escape the nightmarish shistorm they got in. Whoever gets where I got the idea is my nigga.
>>
>>48415127
So far sounds very much magical realm, but go on.
>>
>>48414073
>a while
All summer?
>>
>>48415127
How the fuck can magical realm be on the backburner in that scenario?

Also, why don't they just leave??
>>
File: 20111118-pissworld.png (226KB, 750x1091px) Image search: [Google]
20111118-pissworld.png
226KB, 750x1091px
>>48414073

You must be pretty new.

The term "Magical Realm" comes from this Gunshow comic. The GM shoehorns his bizarre sexual fetish--urination--into the game. He does this graphically, for no real reason than he's a fucking weirdo showing off his power level to his players. His players hate it, and threaten violence if he doesn't stop.

Magical Realm has a very liberal definition now, which sucks. What it means, at its core, is it's a disgusting and pointless insertion of strange and/or eclectic sexual obsessions without any sort of context or grace. This continues despite protests from players, and it's basically a hallmark trait of That GM. This latter part is the most important: for a game to introduce the GM's magical realm, it has to be something the players would ordinarily object to. And ERP game isn't magical realm because the players planned to be a part of it (but ERP games are still weird).

People who don't know the context or didn't understand it think the term means "anything I or at least one of my players could potentially think is sexual in nature". It's lost all weight and 90% of the time when people here say "magical realm" they're misusing the term.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.