[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing 5E Rogue >see Thieves' Can't class

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 28

File: marvin.jpg (37KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
marvin.jpg
37KB, 600x553px
>playing 5E Rogue
>see Thieves' Can't class feature
>Under languages write down ebonics
>comes up in game joke dies on the spot
>I'm a horrible person told by friend to stay of 4Chan
>Mfw I am racist but didn't realize I was that racist.

Also funny jokes thread that didn't quite work out in game

Hi GM
>>
Where there any coloreds in the group? Where you playing with people you don't know well? If the answer is yes to either you fucked up, no to both time to find some new friends.
>>
>>48398920
IDK any of them in real life but have played quite a bit with one of them.

None of them are black as far as I know
>>
File: gain.jpg (112KB, 540x601px) Image search: [Google]
gain.jpg
112KB, 540x601px
>>48398844
Your friend is right, you should stay off 4Chan.
>>
>>48398938
But I love this place and besides it wouldn't do any good I live in the south and 70% of the people I know are 100% worse then me.

I know why my C is capital auto-correct and shit but why is yours?

You mobilefag also?
>>
>>48398934
Never make racist jokes in front of people you haven't heard racist jokes from already. And for good measure don't discuss politics or religion with people irl unless you know they agree or can handle the banter.
>>
>>48398958
Good advice it never occurred to me tho we have made ISIS jokes and edgy shitlord jokes frequently
>>
There isn't anything wrong with being racist
>>
>>48398920
>Where there any coloreds in the group?

/tg/, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>48398950
This place tends to wear away at people. It gnaws at your ambitions and social graces by cleverly simulating and subverting human interaction. The people that post here are real, but your connections and interactions with them are artificial. If you allow how you behave here to influence how you behave in real life, you are in a very bad place.

More insidious though, is the fact that many allow 4chan to supplant their requirements for human contact. It makes you lonely and emotionally hollow, but convinces your baser instincts that you've talked to people enough that you don't feel the drive to do it in real life.

This place is toxic and corrosive. Spend as little time here as you can, lest you spend more time than you'd imagine.
>>
>>48398844
>"HAHA GUYS BLACK PEOPLE STEAL"

Is this what racist humor has been degraded to?
>>
>>48399019
>4chan everyone
ftfy, and if it bothers you that much you can return to reddit at your earliest convenience.
>>
>>48399015
yeah fuck white people, y'all sensitive-ass crackers
>>
>>48399020
Holy shit I'm actually scared

....I'm going to take a few day off after this thread
>>
>>48399026
It is indeed haha black people steal but it's in a somewhat clever way or at least I'd like to think so
>>
>>48399026
I'm pretty sure that it was a play on thieves can't being based on a common language but still being unintelligable to most people who speak it as well as it incorporating intricate hand signals.
>>
>Playing paladin in 2e
>removing all monster undesirables
>That guy suggests we put them in cells instead
>Without starving them or using them for slave labor
>awkward sigh
>"the holocaust never happened, trump 2016"
>Guy kicked from the group
>>
>>48399074
I would love more stories like this please share
>>
>>48399033

Not them but I've never been to reddit and find the racists like you here pretty pathetic. "You have to be fundamentally deranged to enjoy 4chan" is a dumb meme and I wouldn't be surprised to find out I've actually been here longer than you.
>>
>>48399138
>using an archaic term for people of color is racist
you trying to make this place a safe space is waste of time as is you pretending to be retarded to get a rise put of someone
>>
>>48399168
Using an archaic term from the TIME WHEN WE ENSLAVED THEM is pretty bad, yeah.

And we can't blame it on old age, since the poster was clearly 13.
>>
>>48399168

I'm not trying to make it a safe space, you can say whatever the fuck you want. We're all free to point out that you're a dumb asshole when you do though, because again, this isn't your safe space.
>>
It made me giggle OP if it makes you feel any better
>>
>>48399190
>>48399202

Sounds to me like this isn't a safe space but it's a DANGER ZONE

Can we get back to the point of this thread
>>
>>48399190
on the contrary, colored was the politically correct alternative at the time of it's original use. It developed a an undesirable connotation from being associated with an undesirable people and we will continue to cycle through new names for blacks until they are no longer seen as such.
>>
>>48399248
You mean African Americans
>>
>>48399262
I'm pretty sure that's already out of rotation m8
>>
>>48399248
>colored was the politically correct alternative at the time of it's original use

Very correct. Small addition though - it's not the time of it's original use anymore. It's close to 70 years in the future.
>>
>>48399190
technically, they enslaved themselves, then sold them to you guys
>>
>>48399281
yup
>>
>>48399262
Yeah we stopped using African Americans because black people aren't always African or American.
>>
File: beat that black guy.jpg (83KB, 1200x678px) Image search: [Google]
beat that black guy.jpg
83KB, 1200x678px
>>48399190
The term from the "TIME WHEN WE ENSLAVED 'THEM' " is nigger, negro if you were being politically correct for that time. Colored was most popular around the late 50's to 70's. Also the politically correct term now is people of color, so what the hell is offensive about colored?

I give this bait 9.95/10 by the way.
>>
>>48399289
How does that make it better? We still enslaved them. We had exclusively black people as slaves.

What's it like having Down Syndrome?
>>
>>48399275

Yeah, it's out of rotation because it's inaccurate. The vast majority of black people in the USA have never even been to Africa, meaning it makes more sense to just call them... black. Because they're black.

Colored also had the inaccuracy issue, because literally every single person has a color. An uncolored person wouldn't be visible.
>>
>>48399299
woah there bud, why you getting so fucking upset about it
this is 4chan, a little casual racism isn't exactly a big deal
>>
>>48399303
But what about the current version, people of color? also check your privilege opaque shitlord.
>>
>>48399294
Colored is a term from the era where Jim Crow laws were still mostly in effect, so it's still bad.

I don't agree with POC because it's used for other ethnicities too, basically creating two groups, POC and white people.

I just call them black. If you need to refer to a group of them, call them black people.

>look at that black guy
>look at those black people
>that guy was black
>those people were black

Literally the simplest thing ever.
>>
>>48399317
Don't agree with the current version. I think it's dumb. We should just use black.

POC is useful if you want to refer to non-whites.
>>
>>48398958
>Never make racist jokes in front of people you haven't heard racist jokes from already.

But then how will you hear racist jokes from them... oh, I get it!
>>
>>48399333
nice trips
>>
>>48398958
Good way to separate moralfags from everyone else
>>
>>48399248
>It developed a an undesirable connotation from being associated with an undesirable people and we will continue to cycle through new names for blacks until they are no longer seen as such.

What is this, cultural history with /pol/? "Colored" never really gained an "undesirable connotation," anon. It was phased out in favor of "black" in the 60s, as a way of reclaiming the word from people who would use it as a demeaning term.
What little negative tone it did gain was only after it stopped being current, as it's kind of old-fashioned and makes you sound like an old fart who refuses to change his mind. The kind of old person who complains about "those people" taking away a perfectly good word like "gay" when they could have just kept calling them "perverts."

(Black is the best term IMO. James Brown couldn't sing "Say it loud! I'm African American and pretty much okay with that.")
>>
>>48399363
I love how the term "moralfag" is derogatory.

It LITERALLY means "decent person". How the hell did you swing that, 4chan?
>>
>>48399317

People of color is bullshit and I've never heard a single black person use it in real life (I'm in Alabama. I live around, work with and am friends with basically 50% black people for reference). That's the kind of thing a frothing SJW would use in their facebook rant without putting any thought behind what it means whatsoever.
>>
>>48399395
I think it has less to do with the "-fag" suffix as "individual that partakes in" and more with "individual who causes trouble by taking too far". Which, granted, is less common and not very intuitive given the extreme prevalence of the former.
>>
>>48399395
It usually refers to overly-moral holier-than-thou people, the kind who scream or thumb their noses at you for not acknowledging multiple genders and pronouns. SJWs, essentially.
>>
>>48399342
quite a few people don't give a fuck, and if it's group setting they'll usually open up racist joke privileges between everyone present.

>>48399370
>>>48399248 (You)

>"Colored" never really gained an "undesirable connotation," anon. >people would use it as a demeaning term.
think about this a little
>you sound like an old fart
It's not a word I would use irl, yes

I agree with black being the best word for them though.
>>
>>48399413
Ah, I always figured that's what people meant when they said "SJW" or "white knight".
>>
>>48399317
Always makes me want to ask "Wait, what color?"
>>
>>48399395

Morality doesn't exist in any meaningful way. You can be a decent person without needing some arbitrary system of rules to tell you whether you're being nice or not. It's all pointless bullshit with no connection to reality.

Still not racist by the way, meaning >>48399363
is doubly stupid.
>>
>>48399395
I believe the term is mainly for those who try to hard to seem better than decent but ultimately just makes them more autistic.

Obviously there are times when it's used by closeted edge lords for normal people, but it can also be used by normal people to describe those who go too far in the opposite direction too.
>>
All who think the best term to describe people who look like Chris Rock (pic related) is "black", say aye.

All opposed, "no".
>>
>>48399425
>think about this a little

Read my post a little. "Black" was used as a derogatory term, not colored.
>>
>>48399448
>Chris Rock
>picture of Eddie Murphy

also aye I guess
>>
>>48399448
aye
>>
>>48399452
>It was phased out in favor of "black" in the 60s, as a way of reclaiming the word from people who would use it as a demeaning term.
read "your" own post you mongoloid
>>
>>48399429
They're pretty much synonyms.
>>
>>48399448
Aye LMAO
>>
>>48399448
ayy
>>
How's that class struggle disguised as a race struggle working out for you, America?

Figured out you need to rebel against your corporate masters yet?
>>
>>48399480

Wow, and you call ME a mongoloid? Do you not understand what "reclaiming" means? You don't reclaim something by phasing it out. "Colored" is not the word that's being reclaimed, "Black" is. Learn to parse English, dude.
>>
>>48399570
>(colored) was phased out in favor of (aka replaced with) "black" in the 60s, as a way of reclaiming the word (colored) from people who would use (colored) as a demeaning term.

this is the point where you say you were only pretending.
>>
>>48399590

Jesus, you ARE retarded. You have to be, to try to parse that sentence in a weird-ass way like that.
Explain how you reclaim something by phasing it out. Go ahead, I'd love to hear it.

Colored was discarded, so that black could be taken back from those who were using it as an insult. Colored was not being used as an insult, it was the accepted term up until the late 60s, and up to the mid 70s.
>>
Get better friends OP

It seems yours checked their dicks in a long time ago
>>
>>48399019
I really don't see a meaningful difference in saying colored compared to the current PC phrase "people of color." Not that it would matter since I know plenty of "poc" who are racist against black people.

God it's so fucking stupid to divide people into white and non-white
>>
>>48399631
you're either esl or deliberately acting retarded. What reaction do you think you're getting from this? Because at the moment it's confusion and mild distaste.
>>
>>48399654

I'm baffled at how you can parse it like that. Sure, "the word" is somewhat ambiguous there, but contextual clues make it obvious which word it is -- phasing something out is the opposite of reclaiming it. The word being reclaimed is obviously not the one being phased out. How the hell can you not follow that?
>>
>>48399672
>>48399654

I've lost track about who was arguing about what. Someone make an affirmative statement.
>>
>>48399708

Colored was not a derogatory term when it was replaced with "black."
>>
>>48399672
The previous sentence's contextual clues point at colored as the word being phased out and "in favor of" denotes the word it was succeeded by, "black". Not to mention the fact that black did in fact come after colored. Please pay attention in your next English class.
>>
>>48399020

I would make the mild counter-argument that, for some, this is the primary and only viable means to embrace their hobby, and to engage in discussion thereof.

Or, I guess, their preferred version, as some people find more heavily moderated forums to be creatively stifling, or unwilling to discuss the aspects of their hobbies they wish to focus on.

And still others who can use the anonymous forum here to vent frustrations in a minimally-socially-damaging way, allowing them to better engage in day to day life.

It's one of those tricky situations, like alcohol consumption. You can binge drink every weekend, and not be an alcoholic, because you DO possess the ability to stop, and aren't emotionally or physically reliant on it, but another guy has to steel himself at every dinner and get-together, to avoid making a fool of himself.

I'm not saying you're wrong, it's definitely important to spend time with actual people, and make real connections, but having fun on 4chan isn't necessarily the worst thing.
>>
>>48399720
>The previous sentence's contextual clues point at colored as the word being phased out and "in favor of" denotes the word it was succeeded by, "black". Not to mention the fact that black did in fact come after colored.

Yes, that is EXACTLY what I wrote.
The confusion seems to be that he thinks "colored" was also the word being reclaimed from derogatory usage, at the same time as it was phased out, which is nonsense.
>>
>>48399448
Aye.
>>
>>48399055
You realize it's based on rhyming slangs like Cockney one, right?
>>
File: 1460643025389.jpg (51KB, 400x323px)
1460643025389.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
>>48399842
>rhyming slangs
>>
>>48399858
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyming_slang#Examples
>>
>>48399020
>>
>>48399858
Basically, those have words swapped for other words so outsiders don't understand what the hell you're talking about even though all the words are common
>>
>>48399654
You're a retard who has no right to tell people to pay attention in English class.

>"Colored" never really gained an "undesirable connotation," anon. It was phased out in favor of "black" in the 60s, as a way of reclaiming the word from people who would use it as a demeaning term.

It's incredibly obvious contextually. There are two terms "the word" could be referring to, and no one is stupid enough to say that something had no "undesirable connotation" then continue on to say in the very next sentence that they were reclaiming that same word that /did/ have a negative connotation. The second half of the second sentence is referring to the most recently referenced word, the one that was not explicitly said to have no negative connotations and therefor be impossible to reclaim.

I hear they're having a sale on Bleach at bleachworldwide.com, you should probably stock up.
>>
>>48399867
>>48399874
fascinating

>>48399881
ok
>>
>>48398844
I don't understand what you're even trying to say.
What is
>Thieves' Can't
>>
>>48399902
It's Australian for shitposting
>>
>>48398844
>language: ebonics
Hidden punchline.
>>
>>48398844
Joke, my friend, depends on two crucial factors:
Material or Punchline
Timing or Delivery

There's entire subset of comedy called cringe comedy that knows its material is horrible, so they rely on timing to be funny.

Fix your timing and maybe they will forgive your shit taste.
>>
>>48399958
Yeah it's all about delivery, I've made my super PC friends genuinely laugh at racist jokes and rape jokes when I've timed them appropriately
>>
>>48399020
>More insidious though, is the fact that many allow 4chan to supplant their requirements for human contact. It makes you lonely and emotionally hollow, but convinces your baser instincts that you've talked to people enough that you don't feel the drive to do it in real life.
Replace the word 4chan with Reddit, or Facebook or Tumblr (god forbid), and your point is just as true.
>>
>>48400111
Found the one that has been turned into a hollow shell with no human contact by 4chan
>>
>>48400165
Uh, no, that guy is right you idiot. You're just another braindead social mediafag that has been subverted to the extreme.
>>
>>48400165
Hello Mr. Pot.
>>
>>48399299
>We enslaved them
>Not the African tribal warriors who kidnapped and chained up people to sell as product
>>
>>48399299
>we
I enslaved no one, bitch.
>>
>>48399370
>>48399452

So, we're just forgetting that segregated areas were listed as "colored" in the US?
>>
>>48399299
There's definitely better arguments than the "we enslaved them" line, human history is unfortunately rife with enslavement, and none of it had any racial bent to it till the late 1700s, There were just as many europeans enslaved by africans and other europeans, not to mention all the slave trade in other places of the world, even amoungst we call "civilized" when we look back on them.
>>
>>48398844
Everyone is racist, they're just being moralistic cunts.
>>
OP, you missed an opportunity to use any number of secret languages used by black people living in the New World when they were enslaved. That's the real tragedy here, not your privilege getting checked.
>>
>friend is playing a spriggan
>names himself faggot (pronounced fae-git)
>gay/bi members of the group laugh and call him faggot every chance they get

but i guess it had slightly more thought put into it than OP's joke
>>
>>48399395
>moralfag literally meaning decent person
No. This is incredibly wrong. First of all, the connotation of moralfag was derogatory from the start, as should be fucking obvious by including the word 'fag'. It has more or less the same meaning as "white knight", and these days is confunded with the SJW degenerate leftists. These are people obsessed with shallow morals and victimizing ideals and delusions of importance.
>>
>>48399448
chocolate brown
melanin-enriched
>>
>>48400733
>moralfag was derogatory from the start, as should be fucking obvious by including the word 'fag'
But everyone is a fag on 4chan. Especially OP.
>>
>>48400753
and?
>>
File: 1462772740353.jpg (245KB, 570x845px)
1462772740353.jpg
245KB, 570x845px
>>48399020
AND THERE IS THIS FAGGOT.
Look at me. No, I said look at me, you fucking piece of shit.
The society of today is all about NOT ACTUALLY TALKING TO PEOPLE.
Today, you can just face-tweet and insta-google, thinking that you have a bunch of friends, but the truth is that you've never actually ever talked to them face-to-face.
Look at the faggots on Facebook and Twitter, who are circlejerking in their web of connections that are worth absolutely nothing.
I despise the social media of today for devaluing the worth of actual human communication.
I don't want to like, follow and subscribe, and I don't want to share things with people. I don't feel the need to share my every living moment with others, in some sort of twisted parody of 1984, where it isn't the Big Brother that watches you - it is you who are willfully giving up your privacy for all others to see.
At least, on 4chan, there is no need to upkeep your image of an "upstanding citizen". At least here, where we're at least partially hidden by the facet of anonymity, we can be ourselves.
But even 4chan isn't devoid of all the flaws that today's social media has.
Look at the rampant Internet tribalism. Look at the all echo chambers that are spawned all over the Tumblr, Reddit, 4chan or any other thematical forum you can name.
People don't want to listen. They want only to talk.
And I hate it.

Good bait, by the way, 10/10, made me rage all over the place.
>>
>>48400799
Who gives a shit. Sooner or later we will all be dead anyway.
>>
>>48398934
How the fuck don't you know? Just check their skincolor for fucks sake.>>48398938
>>
File: 1468519724144.jpg (123KB, 537x536px) Image search: [Google]
1468519724144.jpg
123KB, 537x536px
>>48398844
>Mfw I am racist but didn't realize I was that racist.

Nah. The only racists are the kind of people who refuse to even make light hearted jokes in the fear of being a racist.
>>
>>48399019
I bet you take offence at the term nigress too! You crazy darkies, I will never understand your jive jibberjabber.
>>
>>48399874
So exactly ebonics
>>
>>48400799

> At least here, where we're at least partially hidden by the facet of anonymity, we can be ourselves.

I would actually argue that anonymity and the ability to speak without facing some form of social repercussion actually DOESN'T make you yourself.

One of the major facts of life is that actions should and ultimately do have consequences and when you remove any potential consequences from social interaction all it does it turn on the monkey part of your brain that makes you scream about niggers because who gives a shit I can be a fuckwit all I want.
>>
>>48401402
>One of the major facts of life is that actions should and ultimately do have consequences and when you remove any potential consequences from social interaction all it does it turn on the monkey part of your brain that makes you scream about niggers because who gives a shit I can be a fuckwit all I want.
Then that's what you are - a fuckwit.
If a person is unable to express an intelligent educated opinion without being restricted by the consequences of social ostracism, then the word "fuckwit" describes him perfectly.
>>
>>48398844
Nope, you're just sticking true to the spirit of horror movies. Black guys always die first.
>>
>>48401314
I'm pretty sure that there are some racists who just hate black people and don't worry about it at all.
>>
>>48399648
You'd think so, but that's what I need to do in my notebook when describing people. White, or nonwhite with skin tone description. It's not the law, but both security guard school and the extra training from my company were quite adamant about how it's the only way I won't get raked across the coals if I'm called to court.
>>
File: rf woody.jpg (16KB, 480x480px)
rf woody.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
>>48398844
I laughed OP, but I'm not sure that helps your case.
>>
>>48401737
But if the most childish thing is the constant fear of seeming childish then the most racist thing is the constant fear of seeming racist.
>>
>>48401767

>if the most childish thing is the constant fear of seeming childish

It's not. The most childish thing is throwing a tantrum, rolling around screaming on the floor of a supermarket, pissing your pants.

Similarly, the most racist thing is not the constant fear of being racist. The most racist thing is being a racist and thinking it's normal.
>>
>>48399436
>Morality doesn't exist in any meaningful way.
Yes, it does. It doesn't exist in an *objective* way, but "meaningful" is an even more arbitrary term than "moral".
>>
File: 1441979563740.jpg (51KB, 741x649px)
1441979563740.jpg
51KB, 741x649px
>Americans discussing race
>>
>>48399448
Aye.
I'll keep using it until a more accurate one syllable term is used.
I also use BBEG when using text to discuss a villain.
But, I'd hate to derail the thread into something /tg/ related.
>>
>>48401832
Actually, meaning comes before morality. If meaning is arbitrary, than morality, as a meaningful concept is even more arbitrary or equally so. It cannot be less by simple math
>>
>>48399020
This needs to be a banner ad.
>>
File: 1463808788644.png (233KB, 540x518px) Image search: [Google]
1463808788644.png
233KB, 540x518px
>>48398844
We had a guy like you join our party once

>makes post on our flgs saying he wants to join
>DM gives him address and playtime
>Party is very roleplay heavy
>We had an elf paladin, dwarf cleric, human ranger(me), and elf sorceress
>new guy shows up with human fighter
>says his character is from the slums of a ''redguardish type city like in elder scrolls''
>walking through a marketplace
>dm introduces his character
>dwarf: ''Good tidings stranger, what brings you to our neck of the woods?''
>him ''Ayo not much senpai what up which' you niggas?''
>he actually says this
>the player is also white as fuck
>we tell him he can't play his character like that, it's distracting and out of place from the setting
>he gets mad and leaves
>>
>>48401800
>The most childish thing is throwing a tantrum
No, that's just a lack of self control, which is not inherently childish.
>>
>>48399299
>Tries to be politically correct and not racist.
>Brings up Downs Syndrome.

So you're saying discrimination is only wrong if it's against blacks?
DEATH TO AMERICA!
>>
>>48399500

Shh. 4Chan is a right wing safe space, if you haven't noticed.

Especially /tg/ since all of the clear Republican morals wafting in the undercurrents of WH40K threads and all the grognards raised by parents from a "better time."
>>
Ok /tg/
Rank the following terms from appropriate to less appropriate:
>colored
>person of color
>vermin
>non-white
>cockroach (for a non-turkic person)
>subhuman
>'poc'
>ethnic
>coloured
>>
>>48401991
You already know the answer, through I'd really advise against the Roach thing. How'd that even come to be?
>>
>>48398844
your friend is a humorless cunt. You're not a racist just because you made a racially charged joke, and it annoys me that people are so thin-skinned these days.
>>
>>48402362

"Black people are thieves" is not a racially charged joke. It's a racist joke. There's a difference.

>people are so thin-skinned these days

So, what you're saying is that the social norm of how racist it's acceptable to be has changed, and you are now too racist for normal people to put up with.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 319x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 319x374px
>>48398934
>doesn't know any of the group
>cracks racist joke
>is surprised
Honestly, what did you think would happen?

Also, this doesn't make you racist. Racial humor is fine, everyone falls back on it from time to time. As long as you're not using it to bring somebody down, who cares. But you've gotta know your audience, especially with how touchy people are these days.
>>
>>48398844
Props for being able to own it and move past it. In the end it's better to make a shitty joke like that and realize it was shitty than it is not to make it and not examine those internal subtexts.
>>
/tg/ is a cesspool full of of cuckolded beta faggots and preening SJWs who balk at calling niggers niggers, and unironically make statements like "if Trump wins I'm moving to Canada." I really hate the people of this board and their positively juvenile opinions about every single fucking subject, especially because most of them are NARP faggots that spend all day autistically "theory crafting" and "worldbuilding" and "muh video game/war game lore" and being completely obsessed with "magical realm" and the 100% fictitious greentext "storytime" bullshit.

It's a fucking disaster of a board but it's the only fucking place to discuss RPGs so I'm forced to interact with these slimy, spineless, gutless, brainless, dickless cuckolded faggots, nigger.
>>
Should have gone with jive.
>>
>>48400648
>OP, you missed an opportunity to use any number of secret languages used by black people living in the New World when they were enslaved. That's the real tragedy here, not your privilege getting checked.
This.
>>
>>48400468

Nope, segregated things were labeled with "colored" specifically because it was the polite term at the time, because government always loves a polite "fuck you."
You didn't call yourself black at first because colored was an unpleasant term, but rather because black was cool, and it was a way for black people to choose a term for themselves instead of having one given to them by somebody else. Some black folks resisted this and wanted to stay with "colored" because black had been pejorative for so long -- even among black folks, you'd hear it used as an insult. (If the guy was really mad he'd add African to really drive home the point that you were an uncultured idiot. "You a black African!" was an invitation to a fistfight in some places.)

After "colored" went out, people began to associate it with the segregationist era and practices, but that's after the fact.
>>
>>48401991
Well i use black, negroe, fuzzy wuzzy or dindu
>>
>>48401750
Do you go for ethnic description (white, black, Hispanic), or just the literal shade of their skin (tan, pale, light brown, etc)?
>>
>>48402421
>So, what you're saying is that the social norm of how racist it's acceptable to be has changed, and you are now too racist for normal people to put up with

so, what you're saying is this change is a good thing

it isn't
>>
>>48404480

Less racism is a bad thing?
I get the feeling you live in a very homogeneous area.
>>
>>48398844
I'm black and I think that's hilarious. Probably because I'm not a thinskinned nu-male beta faggot.
>>
>>48398844
My old DnD group used to be the same ones I play Cards Against Humanity with. Our regulars were a ginger, gay black guy, half-Jew, a white woman, full-blooded Indian (the casino kind), and me. It was like a fucking sitcom, and we took the piss out of eachother all the time without any problems. Just get better friends, famillia.
>>
>>48398844
>>Mfw I am racist but didn't realize I was that racist.
You'd only be racist if you thought it was something all or most black people talk like, or that having that sort of dialect crop up mean that black people are inherently stupid.

Ideally it would be more or less the same joke as the "excuse me ma'am, I speak jive" stuff from Airplane.
There's also a nonzero chance you just executed the joke like an idiot and it came off as racist if you took it too far. I can see it coming off like a minstrel show.
>>
>>48399648
As a black man, I do not take kindly to being called a pock. Call me that shit, you're putting me with every non-white on the planet. Hell, might as well just call me a not-white.
>>
>>48399902
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cant_%28language%29
>>
>>48406778
>>48399902
You could also just link to the page for Thieves' Cant, as it was a real cant.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thieves%27_cant
>>
>>48401469

>unable to express an intelligent educated opinion without being restricted by the consequences of social ostracism

If the opinion is in fact intelligent and educated against scrutiny (and that's an IF) then I'd argue that's a fault of the society.

Although then I'd argue if a society even ALLOWS for scrutiny then there's a chance them going against your opinion is already indicative of its quality.
>>
>>48399019

Sorry, niggers, my bad!
>>
>>48399037

Being called a cracker doesn't send us into a tizzy the way being called literally anything but the latest term your activist shepherds have dreamed up. Don't you get it? We won, we have nothing to be sensitive about. "Racist" was the only word you had that actually had the power to hurt a white person's feelings, and like a bunch of stupid apes you overused it and its power waned.
>>
>>48401737
I meant in OP's particular scenario, where they think black people are infantile and can't take or joke.
Or dish back an equally racist joke at the white people that they can have chuckle at.
>>
>>48399019
Not that guy you were responding to, but this always confuses the fuck out me.

I'll be honest, I grew up in Georgia and many colored folk prefer being called that. They get angry at being called African-American (which implies that they're not just Americans) and they don't like being called black either.

But when I went to other parts of the country, colored folk got angry at being called that and get offended at being called black and said they liked being called African-American.

I honestly try not to be racist. Is there a term you can call people with dark skin that won't get everyone offended at you, or are you just fucked no matter what?
>>
>>48398844
>>playing 5E Rogue
>>see Thieves' Can't class feature
>>Under languages write down ebonics
>>comes up in game joke dies on the spot
>>I'm a horrible person told by friend to stay of 4Chan

Did you say anything in particular? Because I'm black and I'm not really seeing what the big deal is
>>
>>48399026

It's not funny, the statistics are actually rather alarming. Much to everyone's surprise, blaming white people has not reduced the rate of black crime.
>>
>>48399299

What about the Irish? Or the Native Americans who were, briefly, slaves before we decided their propensity to die from our diseases made them bad cotton-pickers?
>>
>>48408797
some people just enjoy being offended
>>
>>48408625
>I'm a small-penised alt-con, pls give attention

(you)
>>
>>48399434

It's literally a political ploy to get minorities to vote Democrat in America by uniting them against the white devil.

Only my race is immune to this trick, and that is because we are your real overlords and will never enter alliance with filthy monkeys and native face-painters.
>>
>>48401953
>Republicans not rebelling against their corporate masters

Have you turned on your television at all this year? Globalists are getting purged.

Or was this some retarded Socialist poster not realizing that Marx never worked a day in his life and lived off the trust fund Engels' parents left him? If so, Bernie lost, faggot, now go lick Hillary's boots like the good little proletarian cuck you are.
>>
Since the Arab slave trade of Africa's indigenous natives started earlier and continued much, much longer than the Western European and American slave trade, I'm curious, what do Arabs call black people?
>>
>>48400648
>>48403573
>muh privilege

Kek. That aside, that's boring and ebonics is both more accessible and more amusing than stuff loaded down with crocodile tears over muh oppression and using terms specifically framed around being a slave and wanting not to be a slave.
>>
File: smug vegeta.jpg (26KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
smug vegeta.jpg
26KB, 500x376px
>>48404596

You mean like a liberal gated community?
>>
>>48400962
>He thinks you can tell by looking

As a One Drop Negroid, trust me. We're pretty fucking subtle.
>>
>>48409282
Arab is a very diverse language, not a surprise considering its geographical extension.
However, I've heard an anedocte, I think it was on reddit, someone's arab grandmother called blacks by an old term that also meant slave.
>>
This thread is literally making me racist against American black people.

You motherfuckers are seriously the biggest goddamn babies and need to be walled off from everyone else until you solve your problems and this towering inferiority complex that makes you rename yourselves constantly because your race will always, deep down, be a dirty word to you. You are worse than Romanians, at least they are proud to be thieving scum.
>>
>>48401800

But everything is racism nowadays, it literally is normal. Existing as a white person is racist. Speaking is racist if you're white. Enforcing the law is racist. There is no way to avoid being a racist if you are white, so either you self-flagellate and twist yourself into a specific ideology of repentance for your blood-sins or you stop giving a fuck and go on trying to judge people solely by merit like your father raised you to do.
>>
>>48398958
Super coward of you brah
>>
>>48409499
>edgy teenager detected
Nothing cowardly about having basic social skills
>>
>>48409366

Yeah, but if I don't know what it is my desert elf won't be able to call drow that.
>>
>>48409576
Wouldn't the situation be inverted? Drows should be the ones to have many words for slave.
>>
>>48406256

This. White people speaking ebonics is unironically funny.
>>
>>48409102

Can you explain the liberal obsession with dicks to me please?
>>
>>48409640

Can you imagine how much people would pay to own a bitchy drow cleric?
>>
>>48408766

Chocolate/chocolate-skinned never seems to make people angry, possibly since chocolate itself has good connotations. That said it may get you some odd looks and it's not always appropriate; the blackest African, so black that he's almost purple, is no more chocolate than Dwayne Johnson.
>>
>>48409167
Yeah in favor of homegrown corporations. A corporation is still a corporation retard. But keep thinking you're actually voting for populist candidates and not mega wealthy assholes wearing a populist mask.

William Jennings Bryan was a populist, Trump is just trying to market his brand.
>>
Hey this seems to be the only running d&d thread.

Im painting a mini of a knight who follows st.cuthbert. does that god have a symbol? Im looking for something that would fit on my tower shield?
>>
>>48409928

And yet he is worlds away better than Hillary. The man himself may have problems, but what he's doing is fantastic.

Oh, wait, you're bitching about all corporations. You're either a NEET or an underage retard who thinks nobody else understands that money is, like, totally evil, man!

>>48409952

I think it's a gauntleted fist or something, but there's a /5eg/ up.
>>
>>48400772
The -fag suffix has lost most if not derogatory undertones from overuse. The term moralfag is still derogotory but writefag, and drawfag aren't.
>>
>>48409994
Corporations that fuck over people are yeah. Also don't project m8, I make a healthy living.
>>
>>48398844
>Friend rolls up a Rogue in an online game
>Puts most points into stealing things and running fast
>Tries to get a bounty in every city, claims the guard is always out to get him
>Loves watermelon and fried chicken

Be me
>Play a Fight focusing in using whips for nonlethal damage and restraints
>Constantly carry manacles
>Tell the party they can't trust the Rogue, constantly
>Always try to turn him into the guard

The entire Roll20 party gets mad, demands we change or get kicked out.

>Friend types, "Is it because I'm black?"
>Turns on his webcam
>Racial Bonus: Stealth +2
>>
>>48406256
>black
>saying nu-male beta faggot
You're a limp-wristed white boy and that's that.
>>
>>48410126

I'm sure mom's hot pockets and pizza bagels are very healthy, commieboy.
>>
>>48399190
What's this "we" shit? I didn't enslave anybody. Hell, my great-grandparents were poor dumb white sharecroppers. I don't have to feel bad for shit I didn't do.
>>
>>48399262
African American doesn't take into account people who don't live in America, and people who aren't of an African background but are black, like aborigines.

At least we can always call Native Americans that, even if Indian has gone out of style.
>>
File: 1440472388346.gif (2MB, 200x172px) Image search: [Google]
1440472388346.gif
2MB, 200x172px
>>48398844
>>playing 5E Rogue
>>see Thieves' Can't class feature
>>Under languages write down ching-chang-chong.
>>comes up in game joke dies on the spot
>>I'm a horrible person told by friend to stay of 4Chan
>>
>>48399648
It's called "people-first language". White people have decided that the problem with the term "colored people" isn't the fact that you're lumping everyone other than whites together, it's just the order you say the parts in.
>>
>>48399020
Been here the better part of a decade. This is all true.

>>48400111
I think the anonymity does it more, though tumblrtards definitely endure a similar fate. Facebook is predicated on real life relationships though, and reddit is for casuals.
>>
>>48400220
Read again the post you quoted. He didn't say "this poster is wrong". He's pointing out something about the priorities and reactions, not the factual content. Saying "other sites are bad too" also isn't the same as saying "this site isn't like that."
>>
>>48400111
The problem with this idea, despite your trips and dubs, is that it assumes that we can't tell the difference between typing on a screen and having an actual conversation with real people. Most of these sites don't even have instant messaging, so it's not even really a simulation of a conversation.
>>
>>48398844
Sensible chuckle
>>
>>48399190
>We
Get your white guilt out of here, yankee.
>>
>>48411613
>blaming white people yet again for shit we don't care about

Go be a cuck somewhere else.
>>
>>48411697
Of course intellectually you can. That was never the point.
>>
>>48411722
It was white people who invented the term. It always is. Black people have more important shit to care about than specific terminology, and other races don't give a fuck about this issue.
>>
>>48411722
>cuck
This triggers the fuck out of me. None of you faggots are using the word correctly. You're doing just as much damage to the English language as jive speaking nigs.
>>
>>48408797
The problem is the group was white.
>>
>>48411757
>damage
It's a language, not a car. When a river changes its course, is the river damaged?
>>
>>48411737
That it fulfills some sort of instinctive desire for conversation? Even that I'm not so sure of.
>>
>>48411749

It was the same professional victims who are always leading black people by the nose with the promise of more welfare, desperate to find something to be offended by.

>>48411757

You sound like a cuck with cuck problems, cuck.
>>
File: 1469222373376[1].jpg (74KB, 503x743px)
1469222373376[1].jpg
74KB, 503x743px
Hello, fellow black nerds. I, too, am of African descent and wish to join this serious discussion about our community. Yo, my n*ggaz.
>>
You're all making me sick. I legitimately want to vomit.

How horribly racist can a board about board games get? Apparently very. You all have no compassion for POCs or (I'll hazard a guess) women or LGBT.

This is all just one big white cis straight male circlejerk. Enjoy your "soup earier jeans" and "freeze peaches". Assholes.
>>
>>48407592
I'm a but dense, are you saying an opinion is already shit if people will scrutinize it? Because in your first statement you said the opposite.
>>
>>48411867
10/10 bait jimmies rustled
>>
>>48399333
Checked
>>
>>48411867

Good fucking pasta.
>>
>>48411807
Well, I fell to 4chan when I had little social life and lost the desire for it when I stayed here a while. I don't think there's research on it, but it anecdotally seems true.
>>
>>48411867
I thought you were legitimately trying to troll us at first.
>>
>>48402421
No, I'm saying a vocal minority cry about made up issues of racism like privilege and "micro-aggressions". The majority of people I've met across the country would laugh at that joke, black people included. I'm also interested where you draw the line between racially charged and racist, what is the defining difference?

>>48404596
He's not saying less racism is bad, he's saying that curtailing free speech to meet that goal i ultimately a negative, which is absolutely true.
>>
>>48399395
because moralfags aren't actually interested in helping anyone, they're virtue-signalling retards trying to police discussions and views they don't like.
>>
File: soup em.jpg (121KB, 640x480px)
soup em.jpg
121KB, 640x480px
>>48411867
Soup?
>>
File: Summer.jpg (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Summer.jpg
55KB, 250x250px
>>48412708
>moralfags aren't interested in helping
>being this oberlin

No one makes it their job to help strangers - especially those who like shooting themselves - unless they're some kind of "moralfag" like all those nuns and missionaries and other "RWNJs." Grow the fuck up.

>>48398844
>ebonics
>language

You too.
>>
>>48399020
Kind of just applies to the Internet in general.
>>
>>48399026
Racist humor has always been dumb, though. Back in the times of segregation it was all "UH HUH THEM BLACKS HAVE BIG FEET HUH UH", and now it's "HUH UH THEM NIGGAS STEAL SHIT HUH UH".

/pol/ would be good at making racist jokes if they weren't too busy screaming KEK KEK SHILL KEK and stewing in paranoia and idiocy.

That's not to say that there's no good racist jokes, there's plenty, but the majority are shit.
>>
>>48411867
How the hell did you get this far into 4chan?
Did no one tell you what was going to happen/
>>
>>48409366
>Arab is a very diverse language, not a surprise considering its geographical extension.
As it turns out the line between dialect and language is very blurry and usually not consistent.
>>
>>48409464
I suppose the problem is that many of the people that take offense at everything define themselves by their race, or that those who take offense at the behalf of others define them by their race.

For example, I don't define myself as white. I might say that I'm Swedish if someone asks, but at the same time I don't feel like I fit into the Swedish cultural norm very much, and I know that genetically I'm at least as much a Finn and Sami as a Swede, and probably have close ancestors from many other nearby and not so nearby countries as well, so I don't believe it much at all.
>>
>>48411880

What I'm saying is that if society is tolerant and discerning enough to at least hear you out and after doing so still decide "Nah you're still a piece of shit" that probably indicates you're a piece of shit.
>>
File: Kekseeker Fap.jpg (47KB, 569x472px)
Kekseeker Fap.jpg
47KB, 569x472px
>>48399262
>>48399275
>>48399303
I live in South Africa and was standing behind a negro in line at the bank, he was filling out forms for a credit card and he had to write down his ethnicity (or skin color).
He wrote "african american", not even fucking kidding.
>mfw
>>
File: IDCJ.gif (973KB, 450x450px)
IDCJ.gif
973KB, 450x450px
>>48399020
It has the potential to, but this isn't the case 100% of the time.

I have a rewarding job, fun friends, a girlfriend, hobbies, and time to practice guitar at the end of the day. 4chan is just a small part of my life and I don't regret the time spent here.
>>
>>48414416
>I don't define myself as white
>I might say I'm Swedish if someone asks

A fucking Swede, naturally.
>>
>>48414444
Makes sense.
>>
>>48409105
So are you a chink or a heeb?
>>
>>48409928
The obvious difference being that a more isolationist approach to economics means that said corporations have to pay American workers at decent wages and can't just ship their manufacturing arm overseas to have everything assembled by a bunch of chinese pre-teens.
>>
>>48399020
This isn't just 4chan buddy, it's any form of social media that does this

Hell, the Internet in general
>>
>>48409499

Yeah no please go ahead and spout divisive shit 24/7 and see how well you do in society. There's always going to be Big Shit that people really disagree on. Society works because enough people have the sense to avoid that stuff most of the time so we can stay friends and keep the basic shit running, despite our differences.

There's more to life than everyone's garbage opinions
>>
>>48409928
Calling someone rich isn't an insult outside of Berkeley.
>>
>>48410147
Op here was told thread was still alive so came back to read some more glad I did thanks for your on topic post

Also Kek
>>
>>48399020
Despite having participated in this board in pherhaps a whole year, I have started my own quest(even though I still haven't gotten fucked to continue it, damn drawfags), got into so many TTRPG stuff with both irl and internet friends recently, got a girlfriend yesterday, and have overall improved my social environment and managed to drive my efforts towards something minimally productive(writing).

I don't think this applies to all cases anon, all have a life outside of this board despite their participation or lurking, however minimal that might be, and that honestly gives me faith for anons of this board, as I've been to many and this one displays the most bouts of creativity I have seen.
>>
>>48413880
do have to try to miss the point, or does it just come naturally? The point people are making is that the people doing all the whining about shit like this AREN'T the ones out there actually making a difference. The moralfags that get called out on it are the retards on tumblr and twitter thinking their hashtags mean something and argue for safe spaces from encroaching ideas.
>>
>>48414579
In SA do you call them wogs or negroes?
>>
>>48398844
Sounds like you need friends that won't get buttblasted about that.
If I had done the same thing with my rogue in my group (which I now will because that's hilarious), they'd all laugh their asses off.
>>
>>48402960
>>48409167
>>48411722
>>48411835
Just thought I'd pop into the thread to say that you have no fucking right to call someone a cuck until you man up and actually cuckold another man, you fucking pretentious cucks.
>>
>>48415198
Why would you go around thinking
>'I'm white. Yup, I'm sure am white. I really like what that guy is saying 'cause I sure am white. Uhu, yup, white as a sheet.'
>>
>>48411613
>White people
>problem with the term "colored people"
>just the order you say the parts in.
>White people
I'm detecting a bit of irony.
>>
>>48398844
Should've listed it as Jive, then no one would've been upset.
>>
>>48410090
Look at the broader translation. A writefag is a person who distributes their own writings. An artfag is a person who distributes their own art. A moralfag is a person who distributes their own morals. It's obvious why that's derogatory.
>>
>>48408766
I guess go the literal route:
"Darkies"
>>
>>48399262
I guess that means all chunks, spics, sandniggers and actual fucking Africans are African American too huh, you fucking cunt.
>>
>>48417782
Well in the good old days we didn't see them at all so it didn't come up.
>>
>>48414044
What if it's a racist joke about the Polish?
>>
File: 1459463851500.png (93KB, 413x248px)
1459463851500.png
93KB, 413x248px
>>48421175
>hometown is full of Pollacks, Krauts, and Irish
>everyone gives eachother shit all the time and no one chimps out
>mfw I'm all 3
>>
>>48420918
No one would have gotten it either
>>
>>48411026
>Rogue and not Monk

It's like you don't even know how to stereotype.
>>
>>48406746

Curry man here, I know how you feel m8. Hell, at this point I find coloured person winds me up less than POC; quicker to say and the speaker's probably less of a fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>48421414
That's only because the Polish can't understand the jokes.

>"What do you mean screen door not work on submarine?"
>>
File: 1467606392619.jpg (15KB, 640x480px)
1467606392619.jpg
15KB, 640x480px
>>48421414
>You figure out a more efficient way to grow potatoes, but you starve because potatoes don't grow in stolen cars
>>
File: 0641 - nWdz40P.jpg (22KB, 306x306px)
0641 - nWdz40P.jpg
22KB, 306x306px
>>48399020
>if you post on here you're automatically a useless, NEET, social reject, who will eventually become bitter and racist towards the world
>even if you post on one of the most inherently socially active boards such as the Traditional Games board

Goddamn non-normies and their generalizations, I swear. Just because some of us are big enough losers to spend literally all of their time here doesn't mean all of us are this way.
>>
>>48409375
There's probably not a lot of blacks in this thread, anon. And the name change is likely a result of anything black being labelled as less-than-white and a continuing struggle to be seen as equal in a country that places even less value on their lives than it does on the lives of paler wage-slaves. Oh, whoops, I mean citizens.
>>
>>48400962
What if it's an online game?
>>
>>48408766
Haitians also do not appreciate being called African Americans. And you better believe you'll get a response by calling a black Canadian or black Brit that too.
>>
>>48409366
The correct term is "kaffir", and blacks love it when you call them that.
>>
>>48422626
The "continuing struggle" being sucker punching white people and robbing them, right?
>>
>>48408797
Yeah Same if I was there I probably think it was just a dumb joke
>>
>>48421463
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0j2dVuhr6s

>>48421643
A polish man finds a lantern laying on the ground.
He takes it home and while cleaning it a genie appears.
The Genie says:
“For freeing me from the lantern, I shall grant you three wishes.”
The polish man thinks for a second and says “I'd really like it if the Mongols invaded Poland.”
The Genie is taken aback but grants him his wish. The mongols invade, ransack the countryside, rape burn and pillage, and then leave.
The Genie's a little horrified and says “W-what's your second wish.”
The man thinks for a moment and says “I wish for another mongol invasion of Poland, please.”
The Genie is at a loss for words, but grants him his wish.
The Mongol invade, destroy many towns, rape burn and pillage, and then leave.
The Genie says, “All right man, I think I know what's coming, but what's your third wish?”
The man thinks for a bit and says “You know, it'd be really really cool if the Mongols invaded Poland again.”
The Mongols invade, sack the capitol, carry away the royal family, rape burn and pillage, then leave.
The Genie looks at the man and says, "I'm, uh, going to be going now. Thanks again for freeing me, but can I just ask you, what the fuck, man? Seriously, what the fuck?"
The polish man looks at the Genie and grins, “Every time mongols invade Poland they have to invade Russia twice.”
>>
>several spics (myself inclueded), some dark skinned others not so much, a brit, two americans, and a german
>we sometimes say 'racist' jokes about blacks, or compare fantasy races to blacks
>occasional jew joke too
>we all laugh

>start new 5e campaing, add an homebrew race of cats that like treasure/shiny stuff
>didn't want any jew jokes
>told several times to name the species and racial trait after jew jokes
>god damnit!
and so the jewmeows were born.
>>
File: Emchy_an_kharjo.png (1MB, 1000x989px)
Emchy_an_kharjo.png
1MB, 1000x989px
>>48429125
So we finally have cat people whose distinctive accent is an overblown Brooklyn one as opposed to something I think is supposed to sound Middle Eastern but just comes across as weird?
>>
File: 1425329774008-1.jpg (365KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
1425329774008-1.jpg
365KB, 700x990px
>>48429234
they are 3feet tall as well.
>>
>>48399138
You have to be fundamentally deranged to be human.
>>
>>48399055
My friends and I joked that it was like jive in the Airplane movie.

Where the little old lady translated for the stewardess
>>
>>48399299
>exclusively black people as slaves
KeK get a load of this brainwashed narrative.
You Americans had more Irish slaves than anything in fact they were arround 80% of the slave population.

>b-but they couldn't have been slaves because they are white!

Fucking stupid kids not learning their own history properly.
>>
File: sweating.gif (2MB, 1920x1076px)
sweating.gif
2MB, 1920x1076px
>mfw my favorite board's cheeky fantasy racism is revealed to be full-blown actual bigotry

It's... It's just a /pol/ attack, right?
>>
File: callingbullshit.gif (108KB, 262x303px)
callingbullshit.gif
108KB, 262x303px
>>48429583
>You Americans had more Irish slaves than anything in fact they were around 80% of the slave population.

Sure, that's right. The mainstream media just doesn't want us to know, right?
>>
>>48429595
mostly yeah, don't worry too much about it. Most people abandon the thread once it turns to /pol/ shit, so its far from representative of the general posting population
>>
So what did Bix Nood end up meaning anyway?
>>
>>48409375
I read Romanian as Romulan and got very confused
>>
>>48408863
>black people tend to be poor due to centuries of oppression.
>poor people commit more crimes than non-poor people
>black people commit more crimes

Wow!
>>
>>48430895
>>it's just poverty

>there are 195 million white people
>there are 19.6 million white people in poverty
>there are 41 million black people
>there are 10,7 million black people in poverty
>black people commit more than half the murder in the US
Amazing!

It's not a situation you can blame on a single group or boil down to a pithy soundbite.
>>
>>48431066
>>48408863

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/08/12/black-poverty-differs-from-white-poverty/
>>
>>48431066
You did it without one.
>>
>>48431217
Did you read the linked report?

>The figure also reveals that, since 2000, the number of people living in these neighborhoods has been increasing for the major racial and ethnic subgroups, including non-Hispanic whites, blacks, and Hispanics.8 In fact, the growth is fastest for non-Hispanic whites, rising 145 percent, from 1.4 million in 2000 to 3.5 million in the most recent data. Nevertheless, the minority residents of high-poverty areas are still more numerous than non-Hispanic whites. Blacks and Hispanics in high-poverty ghettos and barrios increased from 3.0 to 5.0 million and 2.2 to 4.3 million, respectively.

And here's a graph of the number, divided by race, in high-poverty neighbourhoods.

>>48431293
No, though I can see how you might take it that way. You can't just say "it's white people's fault." You can't say "it's black people's fault", or "it's poverty's fault", either. Is historical oppression a factor? Of course it fucking is. Is modern economic collapse and general urban decay a factor? You fucking bet. Are the actions of the government contributing to their own problems? Are the actions of black people and the black community contributing? I'd say yes. Are (as the above person has said) poor black people generally living in worse societal conditions than poor white people? This might be a surprising admission, but based on the report the Washington Post cited, the answer is still yes.

Is genetics a contributing factor? Based on the success of African immigrants I'm going to put that one down as a no. Is there discrimination based on stereotypes (with a basis in statistics) that nevertheless doesn't help the rest of the black community that aren't members of murderous gangs? Yes.

But if you just pick one and scream about it, ignoring the rest, it doesn't help fix the problem. It reduces it to a different, simple problem, with a simple solution whose implementation doesn't fucking help.
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.