[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let me get this straight. The first vampire in World of Darkness,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: whynot.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
whynot.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
Let me get this straight. The first vampire in World of Darkness, who has all vampire powers at max level and is responsible for the existence of every vampire clan, is the biblical Cain cursed by God? What kind of punishment is that?
I know he can't die and that's horrible for him, but why didn't God just make him an immortal hobo without any other powers, without creating a race of superhuman serial killers? Are human lives worth so little that vampires exist just to have Cain live with more guilt? I don't get it.
>>
Its like how in the mummy they punished the dude by turning him into an immortal super demon.
>>
Mark Rein-Hagen is a terrible writer.
>>
>>48390926
It made more sense in the 1990s.

It was a different world back then.
>>
>>48390926
IIRC it was something to do with making Caine live for eternity and being forced to feed off his own children. But also this:>>48390964
>>
Actually, God didn't give Caine any powers other than his immortality

Lillith was the one that taught Caine all his wacky powers
>>
>>48390926
Yeah, basically the only person in Vampire with an actual curse is Tremere, and that's less because he's cursed with vampirism and more cuz he's the biggest fuckup to ever have no sense of right and wrong.
>>
God punished Caine, he did not give him powers.

Also, right after doing the curse, WoD God fucked off. No seriously, he cursed Caine then left and no one has seen him since. The angels can not find him, the mages spit on his creation and the first signs of him even doing anything else is in end times.
>>
Wasn't that origin originally one of many theories?
Like there were other ones colored by the different sort of clans and bloodlines and whatever?
>>
>>48391566
It is the theory that got the most love and the only detailed history of VtM came from it.

It is also what is focused on more during end times then any other theory.
>>
File: 1455413626910.jpg (671KB, 1002x768px) Image search: [Google]
1455413626910.jpg
671KB, 1002x768px
>>48391538
>Implying the One didn't shatter into the Pure Ones who in turn shattered into Avatars
>Implying it isn't the destiny of mages to rule the world.
>Implying the night-folk aren't shit.
>>
>>48391622
I would have the energy to argue with you if I knew they were less popular than Changling and Hunter.
>>
>>48391005
He didn't even do that. The first humans just were fucking immortal and superpowered.
All God did was casting him out, marking him, cursing his fields, make the sun hate him and giving him the Seven Times Return Protection Clause.

Everything else is Lilith Bullshit Demon Sorcery coupled with the aforementioned superpowered first humanness.
>>
>>48391622

Arcadia for life, bro.
>>
>>48391622
we
wuz
gawd
>>
>>48390926
>is the biblical Cain cursed by God
not exactly.
It's more Cain, as of book of nod, is also the origin of the Cain of the bible. IIRC there are some differences in the pre-cursing story.

The curse was the vampire curse, to ever fear the fire of god, both as sunlight and fire, that all food would taste as ash, and to live only on blood.
To live in endless night forever.

The power from the blood to make children, and other blood power, came from another source, post God fucking off, who cursed him again that his children would kill him and he'd kill his children or something. Basically he'd never have a happy family and his works would always turn to dust.

But it's been a while since I read the Book of Nod.
>>
>>48397724
Can't kill the messiah
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.