[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I know there are people who look for DM's on Roll20,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: ss+(2016-07-20+at+11.10.17).png (35KB, 1230x335px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-20+at+11.10.17).png
35KB, 1230x335px
so I know there are people who look for DM's on Roll20, but this is the first time I've ever got a message from a group wanting ME to run THEIR game. I pick my players, I don't let them pick me.

Is this a thing now?

there was probably a good reason why your DM left, is my thinking...but maybe I'm just paranoid...
>>
File: dave.png (40KB, 925x234px) Image search: [Google]
dave.png
40KB, 925x234px
I've had a similar message in the past.
>>
People feel entitled to being players and genuinely scared of the work GMs put into their role. Usually what I do is accept the role and then proceed to take 0 suggestions and runs what I want to run because if the players wanted their little pre-planned adventure they would have DM'd it.
>>
File: 1264969195892.jpg (31KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
1264969195892.jpg
31KB, 526x300px
>>48380064

>that lack of punctuation
>>
>>48380015
I don't use Roll20 but it happened to me twice irl after people overheard me talking about my RT game with the owner of my LGS. I turned them down because one wanted to run 4th and the other was talking about secretly adding a cultist in the game that he would play
>>
>>48380605

>hey lets play something fun

>the fun is really me sabotaging the party, why isn't anyone having any fun but me?

every. fucking. time.
>>
>>48380753
I don't know where people get that idea that working against the party is fun when all it does is get people pissed at each other OOC and IC as the GM tries to keep them from killing each other.
>>
>>48380015
It happened to me once when I was like 14 or 15. Three of my friends came over to my house one summer and were like
>"Anon, we have these now characters for a really cool assassin campaign that we want you to GM."
>"That sounds great, but why aren't one of you running it since it's your idea and all?"
"Oh, but you're a much better GM than us."
"Perhaps, but I haven't prepared any fucking material for an assassin campaign."
This went on for a while until I ran the worst session I have ever been a part of, and after that they stopped asking me to run their ideas for them.
>>
>>48380074
>genuinely scared of the work GMs
They are not scared of work, they are just lazy, useless fuckers. They have all the books, they have the time they just don't want to do the work. Let them starve.
>>
>>48380015
I've had this happen once, with a physical meetup, and I had a chance to actually meet and screen them. Turns out most of them are decent people, who knew?
>>
No one ever approached me with a specific idea and asked if I could run it, but I live in a dormitory and few persons did approach me and asked if I could ran a campaign with them someday when they learned that I'm GM-ing for a group of friends.
>>
>>48380015
>Is this a thing now?
Yes it is a thing. Some online RP sites even have whole sections for "group* looking for a GM!".

*group may mean "one guy with an idea plus a bunch that joined him after he posted said idea"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.