[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #967: Worst Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 514
Thread images: 42

File: 1466961775685.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1466961775685.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48372014
>>
What was your most memorable experience as a Jumper?
>>
Because the last thread archived just after posting this

Anons.

Other than breaking Deadlight, how, through various charisma, biosculpting, crafting, etc perks do I MAKE Cultist chan, with ensuring she was raised to be as close to original without me being there? (Making false memories also possible but I'd prefer for there to be some real ones she estabilish with the world.)

How many charisma and FEAR ME perks I need to get a group of chaos marines and cultists and such that would attempt to raise her as I asked, without disobeying me due to fear?
>>
>>48379959
Fuck off, leave it in the last thread to rot.
>>
>>48379959
Brain damage. Kinda like >>48379987 has.
>>
>>48379858
Kilowog can terraforming planets, hold upwards of 16 billion beings in his ring, fly around a planet in less than a second, tank exploding planets, pull ships out of black holes, and stomp on Superman. And with a Blue Lantern ring from GLtaS, you can double that power.
What other 1000 CP item can match that?
>>
>>48379955
That one time I forgot.
>>
>>48379955
I dunno, I have a number of them.
Most likely Persona though, and meeting my Shadow.
My innermost Darkness brought to life? The things I'm terrified of becoming made manifest?
And having to deal with them, and having to accept they are part of me?
Really helped me grow as a person.
>>
>>48379959
I'd like to also add:

If possible, I want to either later, after having her on my "party" for a bit, replicate the Chaos Gods gifts.

Either Jumpchan told me what would be the results of me breaking the Deadlight and what I missed, or I just decided to create a girl that would have free-of-Chaos God influence versions of powers that their devotees have. JUST TO SPITE THEM FOR WRATH OF THE FOUR IN LIGHT OF TERRA
>>
>>48379824
Kilowag is pretty damned strong, that being said all the options in the jump are weak sauce for anyone wanting to jump comics DC. They won't let you survive so if you want to actually go to comics you have to be so powerful that the in jump options are worthless to you. Keep in mind DC is so full of world ending threats that not being competitive power wise in that setting is a death sentence.
>>
Reminder to treat your AI right.
>>
>>48379813
>These people are not companions, they are tenants.

Rule's already there? They don't get CP, they don't get perks, your own perks that apply to companions don't apply to them, they don't respawn, they can't enter your Warehouse any more than any other non-Companion could, etc.

Wow captcha you really love store fronts today.
>>
>>48379486
Furies are nature spirits, Great Furies are naturally occurring super-powered Furies tied to things like mountains, large rivers, volcanoes, tornadoes, storms, and other massive natural phenomenons.

Piss them off enough, and they'll literally stand up and beat you down.

>>48379581
Alera is a Fury that was manifested by gathering material from all corners and locations in the continent Alera, which were them made into a massive and complex mosaic. She was used to pacify the natural Furies of the continent, who naturally roam and mess with stuff. She begins to dissipate once the First Lord turns the capitol into magma.

In general, the more willpower/strength of character you have, the more powerful a fury you can bind. The thing is, the more powerful the Fury, the more it will fight you.

Another thing, Furies don't have to be humanoid. The form a Fury takes is up to you. There's a Wind Fury that's a horse, an Earth Fury that's a snake, and even a Fire Fury that's a Hummingbird (it took out an Ultralisk analogue!)

Furies also have minor personalities, the more powerful the Fury, the stronger/more complex the personality. All are capable of some autonomy too, you can give one an order and it will continue to follow it, even if you pass out.

You can also harness multiple Furies of the same type.

Overall, Furies are a great option with tons of versatility.
>>
>>48380000
Doesn't that item....kinda make everything else in the jump look pathetically weak if you compare CP prices?
>>
>>48380051
Why? AIs aren't real people. They're really alive, they don't have souls. They're just simple objects, no different from a log or a jar of urine.
>>
File: Concerned President.jpg (311KB, 1280x1438px) Image search: [Google]
Concerned President.jpg
311KB, 1280x1438px
Is there such thing as too much deterrance
>>
>>48380077
Because if you don't, you'll end up like that guy last thread with the creepy yandere one.
>>
>>48380047
To be fair, it doee let you become a mix of Batman and Lex Luthor. You can probably scrape by with that and a Ring.
>>
>>48380058
I already know all this, transparently so. The reasons behind why these things are so don't make sense, and are what I'm asking about.
>>
>>48380055
And yet you can bring them along with you, something you need to make people companions to do. It's like having 72 pods that don't let you import someone or have them respawn.
>>
>>48380087
Never.
>>
>>48380070
It also comes with mandatory "will be sent by the Guardians into places where the things that can kill Green Lanterns hang out and don't like you being there".
>>
>>48380077
You'd get along great with Saint. I personally found the lack of compassion to AI's unnerving in a weird way, there is stuff like Biological Programming, being able to create a program that evolves itself. Technically an AI wouldn't be so Artificial once it starts learning to be human.
It's a weird thing, humans aren't much different then machines, aren't we sorta the same? We're just pure wetware, all biological, if I had a robotic hand am I less of a man? If you took all my memories and brainwaves and directly transfered my conciousness to a robot or a program, am I not human anymore?
>>
>>48380095
DC comics has events that would end your chain on a regular basis even if you aren't involved with them at all, in DC people die and have their deaths retconned constantly. As a jumper you don't get to benefit from such fuckery and the in jump options do nothing to let you survive the setting.
>>
>>48380047
Isn't DC also filled with street level heroes and villains that survive just fine on a daily basis?

Huntress, Question, Harley Quinn, Jason Tood, Joker, Firefly, Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, etc. Being as strong as Superman or as smart as Luthor is definitely fun but you don't need to at their level to survive if you keep your head down.
>>
File: 1394544973941.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1394544973941.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>48379626
They got out through castle Oblivion...somehow. And not too long after Sora got there. [Roughly around the time Sora got to and beaten the final boss Riku was halfway done with his run.]

It seems they get out wherever it's plot relevant. That's my only reasonable explanation for it.
>>
So what jumps that haven't been made yet that could conceivably have a Final Form perk?

I ask because right now it seems... really odd that only SAO and Blame! have them, when a few existing jumps seem like they would've been pretty good for them. It's like there's a monopoly right now.
>>
>>48380109
>72 prospective waifus/husbandos, all seeing that they're basically second-class citizens to Jumper who didn't make them Real Companions or give them a Real Pod.

Yeah, I'll just be on the _other_ side of the multiverse from the shitstorm that Jumper will find themselves in...
>>
>>48380185
I just assume that type of shit is like in TT where if you get revived/recreated it doesn't count. Otherwise it's unjumpable and I highly doubt CCDT will actually fix it, so.
>>
What are the best methods to replicate the blessing of Chaos Cultist chan gets in hard mode of LoT?

Also, when you dig or mine in Minecraft jump, do you literally dig meter by meter by meter cubes, or do you dig in real world way and if you have the inventory, once you chip enough of stone it becomes one cube in meter by meter by meter minecraft fashion?
>>
>>48380058
All this is basic knowledge you can find on the wiki.

Why do Great Furies naturally occur? How?

Given that 'microfuries' are a thing, and that willpower draws them together into a collective fury, or binds preexisting ones then what the hell even is Alera?
>>
>>48380222
What I don't get is why Ben 10 DOESN'T have one. Kevin's mutant form is just an uglier, hybrid version of Final Form, combining all the powers of Ben's alien forms.
>>
>>48380179
>It's a weird thing, humans aren't much different then machines, aren't we sorta the same? We're just pure wetware, all biological, if I had a robotic hand am I less of a man? If you took all my memories and brainwaves and directly transfered my conciousness to a robot or a program, am I not human anymore?
Humans were created by God. End of story.
>>
>>48380226
I'd use it as a refugee transport device for getting people from a really shitty jump to a less shitty one. Like from Berserk to someplace reasonable.
>>
>>48380202
Actually they all die and then get revived in the larger scale conflicts that involve erasing and recreating the local universe. DC is a cosmic horror story where death doesn't matter because the universe is destroyed an rebuilt all the damned time, unless you are a jumper who gets shafted the first time it happens.
>>
>>48380241
>What are the best methods to replicate the blessing of Chaos Cultist chan gets in hard mode of LoT?
Sell your soul to chaos.
>>
Cortex Command has a specific tech perk, what do I import?
>>
>>48380256
Well, your mum was sure shouting his name a lot at the time, but I've got news for you kid...
>>
>>48380087
I can build 5km Eezo modded Enchanted Super MACs.

I can build man-portable weapons that aren't safe to use on the surface of a planet.

My flagship can fire shells that delete sections of reality.

If I'm in charge of a deterrence option?
>Pic Related
>>
>>48380246
Can't you do it as Osmonian by absorbing powers, more than one at a time?
>>
>>48380283
R-type.
>>
>>48380227
That is why you can jump other DC continuities in it, but it also means that DC comics is off limits period and any DC jumps in the future all need Cool Cat's approval since his jump covers ALL of them.
>>
File: download.png (15KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
15KB, 224x225px
>>48380256
>>
>>48380278
>in the larger scale conflicts that involve erasing and recreating the local universe
It was ruled that these don't happen, as part of the no retcons happening during your stay.
>>
>>48380280
What's a good way to get the powers similar to those Chaos gods grant to their devotees without doing a terrible thing?

I don't want to get these powers for me, I want to give them to a companion. And show the Chaos Gods I can "STEAL" their blessings without them wanting me to have em.
>>
File: cooldown.png (334KB, 652x602px) Image search: [Google]
cooldown.png
334KB, 652x602px
>>48380222
One Punch Man, Sword & Sorcery, Hyperdimensional Neptunia and Undertale also have final form perks.

Anyway I guess...Transistor (but you really wouldn't want it), Lisa the Joyful (ditto), Leviathan the Tempest (where your final form would be more a funciton of what you are than a perk per se), that Earth's Mightiest Heroes jump I vaguely remember someone (YJanon?) was making, maybe one of the Final Fantasy games yet to be jumpified
>>
>>48380283
Sentient tech.
>>
>>48380283
Didn't ASA take Worm Entity tech for that?
>>
>>48380077
>Implying having a soul is a prerequisite for sapience.

>>48380179
Don't bother talking to him. He's ~Religious~.
Or a troll.
You're better off trying to talk sense in bancho and having it stick than debate someone like that.
>>
>>48380278
I was going to contest that, but the blanket protection the jump has for that type of stuff seems to be intended to cover the large-scale continuity resets, rather than run of the mill cri-

>>48380320
Oh, thank fuck.
>>
>>48380222
I never actually watched the show and know nothing about it, but I suddenly remembered that Galidor exists. Apparently, there was something in it called "Glinching" the involved chaning your own limbs into other things or swapping limbs with other creatures. Some super-charged version of that could conceivably work.
>>
>>48380227
The DC jump says that reboots and retcons will not occur during your time there, but if you really want to be safe you could just pick the DCAU setting.
>>
>>48375933
ID4 suggestion drawback for staying the whole time (both movies), or possibly even starting at the time of the Roswell crash
>>
>>48380320
Seriously? That would make DC the easiest meta power grab setting ever if the big "we are remaking the whole universe so go nuts" events never happen.
>>
>>48380300
I suppose, I just don't get why there isn't a Final Form esque perk for that. I mean, absorbing your own powers would be weird enough as is, but doing it that way would probably be a bad idea in the first place. So, I mean, why not have a stand alone perk that does that for your alt forms?
>>
>>48380329
I thought my mention of SAO and Blame! would've been indicative, but I mean Final Form perks that allow for form merges & manipulations. Not a generic 'FINAL FORM' thing.
>>
>>48380359
Oh. Huh. Well, there's proof of my excellent reading comprehension.
>>
File: Oh wait you're serious.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Oh wait you're serious.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>48380327
>Without doing a terrible thing?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Does Rei only have Lilith's soul and that's it?

Because if so, what are methods to copy souls and also memories? I want to keep Rei and Kaworu as they are and give them a good ending and life, but I also want to Waifu Rei-Lilith-Adam hybrid and I need Adam and Lilith souls for it to enter that GNR state
>>
>>48380375
Terrible thing means "Something that will fuck me up in an unrecoverable way or that will bind me to someone's will".

I am okay with comitting atrocities as long as I am not dependant on will of Chaos Gods to get and grant these blessings.

How do I replicate them
>>
File: eh.png (139KB, 399x330px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
139KB, 399x330px
>>48380256
Well, except the ones I made that one time?

>>48380346
Yep.

Though because the diminished tech level thing, the blueprints would probably be a broad slew of mid-tier Tinker tech rather than "how to make a Shard/Endbringer/do the multiversal planetbusting mix of reproduction, consciousness cloning and travel that kickstarts a new cycle" thing.

>>48380283
Also, whatever seems coolest to you I guess?

>>48380327
This is generally the kind of statement that precedes someone being ganked by daemons.

However, Warp powers are psychic in nature so Synchronicity Event from FEAR is a "good" start, I suppose?
>>
>>48380350
Yeah, I just stepped away from the whole thing when I saw it, I'll let em be.

The only reason I said anything was because ny first companion was a little ROB unit from Starfox who I overtime upgraded to sapience and sentience. He's more human and compassionate then most humans I actually meet.
>>
>>48380283
You might want Forerunner tech. I want to say Endless tech, but I really can't justify it without an Endless Space jump.
>>
>>48379955
Going God Tier in Sburb.
>>48380087
Yes, when it starts causing civilian casualties. Anything short of that is fine.
>>48380256
Your imaginary friend has nothing to do with AI.
>>
Rolled 449, 160 = 609 (2d605)

>>
>>48380283
Blame! is pretty crazy on tech level. Whether you get Silicon or Safeguard tech or both, you'll be well off on tech, considering the Dyson Sphere in Blame! can reinforce it's own reality via time space fuckery.
>>
>>48380369
The jump states that at least one Earth-shaking event is going to happen while you're there, and you'll be somehow involved. It's possible for those to happen without retcons or the universe being destroyed.
>>
>>48380418
Good, Good ASA. Keep going.

What else lets me, if not steal Chaos God's blessings, then replicate them through other means. More specifically, the blessings that Cultist Chan receives upon completing Hard mode.

Which, funnily enough, is just immunity to disease, sorcerous training of warhammer 40k variety, Hellbrass armor, fangs of Juggernaut and Daemonblade along with that magic immunity collar... And Slaneesh thing is super easy.

I think that the warhammer 40k sorcery, if that's what it's called, and Hell Brass, are the important thing.
>>
>>48380453
>>48380418
>>48380350
>>48380313
>>48380293
>>
>>48380384
Sort of. Rei's not Lilith, she's her reincarnation. So, I mean, technically all you'd have to do is split the part that's Rei and the part that's Lilith apart.
They ARE separate, as seen in End of Evangelion where they briefly speak to each other. "Welcome home." "I'm home." Kaworu/Tabris and ADAM are also separate, as he speaks to her(or what he thinks is her) as if she is separate from him.
>>
>>48380475
Define Earth Shaking, because knowing DC that might put it right back to an auto lose jump for anyone who isn't so powerful that the jump options are worthless.
>>
>>48380491
Ah, good ol' anon, you helped me by saying it. It's just soul separation and then I must just steal the Adam's embryo and put them all into Lilith...

...I now need a method of soul communication so I can have Lilith like me and listen to me before I do it. Shinji had the beauty of Rei and Kaworu both "liking" him and thus it affected the Hybrid
>>
>>48380278
There's a perk in Kingdom Hearts that makes you immune to being reality warped out of existence and universal retcons as long as someone remembers you. If you and a companion both have that perk, some perk that gives you and your companion immunity to mind alteration, someway of travelling to alternate dimension, all of the perks that make the most powerful beings in a setting likely to ignore you and a lot of luck perks you could probably survive
>>
>>48380428
>Endless tech
Actually, can't you do that right now?
>>
File: chuckle.png (227KB, 595x496px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.png
227KB, 595x496px
>>48380476
Hey now, I'm no fedora tipper. I certainly believe God exists.

He's my dad.

And my mom.

And my other mom.

And my other, other mom.

And my business partner, as well as a big computer who's in a questionable position in the celestial hierarchy at the moment.

And a big golden asshole who didn't realise why empowering people with powers that got stronger with stress was a bad idea and because I know who people are going to think of first, I'm talking about Chakravartin not Scion

And a dork called Chuck who really, really didn't think that free will thing through.

All I ever said was-he/she/they/it didn't make ALL the humans there ever were. It's a big multiverse. Heck, there's even places where humans just kinda showed up on their own if you can believe it!
>>
>>48380541
You do realize that everyone who could remember you is also wiped from existence in this scenario right? Along with the planet and everything you need to survive even if you resisted being wiped. Also this only even applies to one type of comic level cataclysm and there are a fuck load of them.

That said apparently >>48380320
>>
>>48380515
I think the bit about you being involved is more important than how earth shaking it is, since it's easy to assume Superman and whoever else will probably win even if you don't contribute.

I think it'd be pretty easy to say how involved you are ends up being heavily influenced by how high up on the power ranking you are, it'd be unreasonable to ask a street-tier to fight Darkseid head on. If you're a nobody, being "involved" could mean that you just end up having to face a few parademons, that's technically being "involved."
>>
>>48380283
I'd suggest going for something like the aliens from Symbiote, as ridiculous as that might sound.
>>
File: ayep.jpg (12KB, 292x165px) Image search: [Google]
ayep.jpg
12KB, 292x165px
WOW, what a mislink >>48380481

>>48380476
Anyway, look up the modern magician perk tree in SMT 1, the Demonology perk in DMC and Guru from Chrono Trigger if you want to doom everything you hold dear that badly.
>>
>>48380532
That's more or less easy. Have you been to Soul Eater yet? If I remember right, the Meister tree has a perk that allows you to form some sort of bond or connection with a soul if they allow you in, combine that with the capstone and you can actually comfort them, or something like that.
Also, just a heads up, you're going to want to intercept Kaji before he arrives in Japan, he has ADAM's embryo, and if Gendo gets it he will fuse with it. I'm not sure if it can be removed after that. Also, if you want to make it easier for Lilith, and get an actual Rei-Lilith-ADAM hybrid, have her inhabit one of Rei's clones.
>>
>>48380570
I think you misquoted there, ASA.

...Although you can reply to the reply you quoted.
>>
>>48380105
>>48380244
I don't think the underlying mechanics of Great Furies are ever fully explained or explored. Best guess? The Alera-verse is Animist, so Furies are manifestations of natural phenomenon. That means that Great Furies would take many thousands of years to form naturally as the thing they embody grows. As a hill grows into a mountain, it slowly turns into a Great Fury, etc.

Alera always existed, but she was never cognizant until a First Lord figured out a way to manifest and bind her. By combining things from all over the continent, he managed to do that.

I am by no means an expert in the series though, so a better explanation could very well exist.
>>
>>48380601
How the heck would that work out?
>>
>>48380608
Anon, you are amazing, thank you.

>>48380607
...Wow, replicating blessings of Chaos gods is super fuckin easy then.

Hurray for being a Jumper
>>
>>48380607
I hope that you realize that your hubris and your god complex will eventually lead you to hell. It's not to late to accept Jesus Christ into your heart.
>>
So, just dropping in to say:

Endless Space Jump is waiting for ES2 to come out.

Updating Endless Legend to include the new DLC.

Making Dungeon of the Endless Gauntlet, after I actually beat the fucking game once. Just once.
>>
>>48380607
I don't want to doom everything I hold dear.

I want to spite chaos gods though.
>>
>>48380666
No one trusts you here Satan.
>>
>>48380624
But she's the Aleran nation? Does this mean that all Furies great and small are technically always in existence, even before they form because technically you could wrap them all together in some combination to make them exist?

>>48380674
Cool.
>>
>>48380666
There's only one JC I believe in, Satan, and his last name's Denton.
>>
>>48380593
You could get the companion to stay in the warehouse for the whole jump I suppose. There are plenty of not needing to breath and survival perks as well, don't think there's anything that would let you survive the lack of the universe though.
>>
>>48380666
>That post number
I'm actually laughing my ass off.
Nice try Satan, you really had us going this time.
>>
>>48380481
You're positively adorable. Get some baby powder for that sore bottom, m'kay?

Contrary to your beliefs, people are allowed to think whatever they want.

Based on my own personal observations I don't believe in anything supernatural or beyond the mundane IRL. But if you want to believe in YHWH, Allah, or Nirvana, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster That Lives Behind the Moon, bully for you.

However, if I look at the accomplishments of following the scientific method vs the teachings of basically any religion, and I'm asked to choose which one I want in my life, my answer is gonna be the same every time.
>>
>>48380627
I can only imagine, badly.
>>
>>48380706
Use Path to Victory to tell you when you need to be hiding in your warehouse?
>>
File: 413.jpg (104KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
413.jpg
104KB, 660x495px
>>48380666
This is the greatest post in this thread.
>>
>>48380722
>The Flying Spaghetti Monster lives behind the moon
Boy, he must be really pissed off at Heavens.
>>
>>48380666
>them trips
Holy shit. This is the best post I've ever seen.>>48380674
>>
So how does Warhammer 40k sorcery work?
>>
>>48377829
>Sing gets perks from other jumps
I don't think this is a good idea, the thread dislikes it when a jump gives things from other people's jumps, and I personally think it just feels skeevy.

Also, I dislike that drop-in costs points. I don't have much of a justification for this besides tradition.
>>
Quick question about the Morphing tech from Animorphs. It does allow you to copy the DNA of sapient species correct? Because I remember Ax (The blue centaur alien.) being able to transform into a human.
>>
File: smirk.png (254KB, 487x518px) Image search: [Google]
smirk.png
254KB, 487x518px
>>48380666
Why would I need to do that? I am His favored son Abel, reborn and charged to bring His word and the power of Marduk to the world of man to create paradise on Earth. I died once, so that all sinners may know salvation.

Also I beheld Lucifer fall from heaven like lightning that one time. He was doing an elbow drop on me from atop Jacob's Ladder. That hurt a whole bunch.

>>48380674
Spacio, my good endlessman.

I can't wait to be the little crystal.

>>48380703
>AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA

Fixed
>>
>>48380757
In mysterious ways that are prone to stabbing you in the back, and require a great deal of knowledge to even get started with.
>>
>>48380757
Well first Suddenlydeamons.gif, if you survive that you head the Eye of Terror to hide from the Imperium, then you get raped by more deamons for what remains of your very short life.
>>
>>48380777
Yep, don't forget that they could become those...what were they called? The big guys, with blades on their arms, that climed trees. Hork something or other, I think. They were sentient.
>>
>>48380627
I don't know. I assume you'd get some cool shit from it though.
>>
File: sig.jpg (8KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
8KB, 150x150px
>>48380777
Yes it does. Though the Animorphs have a rule among themselves that they always ask permission of the aquiree except in emergencies.

>>48380809
Hork-Bajir. Super cuddly.

Jumpers!

How often do you have a problem where a major conflict or set of problems in the plot is just from the locals in a Jump being stubborn/foolish/unwilling to trust the crazy person with the huge battleship crewed by robots with robot spacefighters. blasted Adama not trusting my Viper Droids
>>
>>48380809
Hork-bajir.
>>
File: 1456946577440.gif (846KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
1456946577440.gif
846KB, 500x211px
>>48380666
>>
>>48380757
It starts with getting raped by deamons and then gets progressively worse.
>>
Are the Posleen War jumps worth anything?
>>
>>48380706
There's a perk in Bastion (A Pleasant Host) that gives you protection from environmental dangers that scales to the threat so that could do it
>>
>>48380786
Seriously, I would love to see an actual wrestling match between SMT Lucifer and ASA.
And then like half way through, the two of them team up to fight Nyarlathotep, who decided to crash the party and interrupt their match.
>>48380821
>>48380825
>Hork-Bajir
Yeah, that's their name! Thanks, anons.
>>
>>48380792
Well, that sounds fairly--
>>48380798
>>48380829
...never mind, then. Thought would be similar to just dealing with the Fae (don't) but now I'm avoiding that universe, all together.
>>
>>48380777
Literally any animal with DNA, mang. That you can sense and touch. Cassie turned into a Yeerk once.

Ax said that there were lifeforms that didn't use DNA, but they're really rare.
>>
>>48380666
Further proof that Christianity is a chaotic ruse.
The true path to salvation is one basked in the light of the Emperor.
>>
>>48380757
No, bad jumper, that is a no. A big fucking no.
>>
>>48380757
It involves making deals with Daemons to do things for you. It's potentially much more powerful than psyker abilities (unless you're Alpha+ and even then it can do things you can't), and sense Daemons are weird and interact with the Warp in a more direct way can accomplish all kinds of magical effects that psyker powers normally can't. It can even be used to contact and make deals with the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>48380871
Pretty sure the Emperor IS Jesus Christ. Or at least that was one of the names he went by.
Which makes that one priest telling him to go fuck himself all the more awesome.
>>
Can you evolve the Symbiote with Evo?
>>
>>48380905
With the right combination of perks from Evo, you can evolve anything that can be classified as alive.
>>
>>48380862
>Nya would interrupt their match
>Implying he wouldn't cash in the cp in the bank at the last second
>What a Shitlord
>
>>
>>48380904
That's the implication, and also that he's Moses, Noah, Mohammad, Buddha, that one Hindu king that was a reincarnation of Vishnu, and most other bringers of major religions.

Why did the priest go tell him to fuck himself?
>>
>>48380866
>Insert 10ft pole joke here.
In all seriousness don't touch that shit, deamons somehow manage to make even worse allies than they do enemies. The forces of chaos are actually stronger than the current Imperium, it is only through deamon fuckery and Abbadon's incompetence that the Imperium still stands.
>>
>>48379047
It'll be done, soon. Last big hurdle is items, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!
>>
>>48380879
Wait, hold on.

What else can it do that regular Psykers can't? And will it be possible for me to elevate regular psykers or grant such abilities if I somehow manage to make the person in question half daemon or have some daemon parts in them?
>>
>>48380967
Forgot my name.
>>
>>48380967
I suggest that you tell the thread about some of the cool stuff in the jump, and that you put your name on.
>>
>>48380087
>Is there such thing as too much deterrance

As long as innocent lives aren't part of the collateral damage?

No. No such thing as too much.
>>
>>48380928
Because he's a pretentious God with a Human complex.
>>
File: Codex Alera map.jpg (766KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Codex Alera map.jpg
766KB, 1600x1200px
>>48380692
>Does this mean that all Furies great and small are technically always in existence...

Sort of? The nature of Furies and how they come to be is honestly not really explored in the books. They do say that before humans landed there were Furies naturally manifesting and rampaging around. When Alera dissipates she warns the protagonists that all the spirits she was keeping quiet will begin wrecking things again. In that sense, she's not really made of every single fury in the continent, so much as she's the "Queen Fury" who has some control over Furies on a wide scale.

Alerans just take it for granted that Furies have always been around, and will always be around.

On a tangent, I'd totally recomend picking up Ritualist too. The stuff the Canim Blood-Sorcerers can do is scary.
>>
>>48380928
I doubt he's Buddha, but the rest of them seem legit.
The Emperor was burning down every church/religious institution on earth, under the common but stupid belief that "Hurr Durr Religion is the cause of all problems" (which forgets greed, hatred, pride, and all sorts of other reasons), and the priest refused to budge. When the Emperor himself entered the Church to try and break his spirit/faith, the priest not only tore his arguments apart, but actually told him, to his face, that he was an arrogant dick whose actions would one day come back to bite him in the ass. Well, I mean he didn't exactly say that but it was something along those lines.
Of course, the Emperor still burned the Church down, and the priest died along with it, but he died with his dignity intact, he died with his church, and he died as the man who told the God Emperor of Mankind precisely where he could shove it.
>>
>>48380904
That's impossible.
The one unforgivable sin in Christianity is a lack of belief in God and specifically that Jesus died for your sins. Sure, he might have Christ like qualities, but he's not Christ himself. The Emperor can't be a god espousing the divinity of humanity while being Christ at the same time.
>>
>>48380928
Because he could see the Emps was trying to stamp out everything he didn't like and saw he was being the biggest hypocrite, being no better than the crusaders he murderhoboed. Also that in the priest's view, any reasoning based on the grounds of "it sucks and I don't like it" is retarded reasoning.

So rather than go with Emps, the priest pretty much told him he'd rather die.
>>
>>48380570
And here I thought you were talking about the other golden guy.

>>48381019
Is there any way to create new Furies once you leave the jump? Something similar to the Master Scrolls from Avatar or Force Conduit I mean.
>>
>>48380979
In theory Psykers can become full reality warpers, in theory, even Emps isn't that powerful though. There is nothing that is truly impossible for a psyker because their powers are basically overriding the world with one they just made up in their head.

Sorcerers have deamons do it for them because deamons are better with that shit due to having never been bound by the laws of physics to begin with.
>>
>>48380967
Anything that the Marvel and MCU jumps don't give us.

You know, like fucking Pym Particles.
>>
Soon.

Give me a week.
>>
>>48380967
An R&D/tech company? Your own supersuit (I know, probably already there, humor me)? Your own hand-crafted AI? REPLENISHING cash money? Jumper Tower/Mansion? Preferably both for that last one? A membership card for the Avengers (I don't recall if you've tied the hero background with 'em)? A Cosmic Cube?

last one was a joke please don't hurt me
>>
>>48380821
>>48380809
>>48380867
Thanks, just wanted to be sure.
>>
>>48381057

Oh So they are just contractors.

So Cultist Chan learning sorcery after finishing is just being able to have demons do stuff for her...

So if I, let's say, made the psyker half daemon and gave them enough training... It should be better than Sorcerer, especially since they rely on themselves, no outside stuff?
>>
>>48381040
Most of the teachings in the bible were written by other people, Jesus's original teachings were mostly philosophy based on stoicism.
>>
>>48381062
Chill out, Bitter Bethany.
>>
>>48381075
How do they even work.
>>
Draft of proposed Resistance alien background for Independence Day jump, replacing Drop-In or as a 5th background.

Import one of your forms or create a new race with purchasable abilities.

Do you think it would make the jump more fun or too OP?
>>
>>48380928
Basically the emperor doesn't really understand how normal humans think and so trying to force them to follow his views was pretty stupid and arrogant.
>>
>>48381040
The one unforgivable sin is knowing who Christ is and still rejecting him. It's having undeniable proof that Christ is God, that there is a Heaven, and that God loves you, and STILL telling him to go fuck himself.
Besides, the belief is that Christ is fully God and fully Human. You're also forgetting that while he might have been Jesus, the religion that was started from him might have gotten a few things wrong. I mean, hell, look at the Imperium. Place is so fucked up, the Emperor would shit a Warp Storm if he could actually see it.
>>
>>48381095
Don't give it any satisfaction.
Ignore the worthless turd.
>>
>>48381091
>psyker half daemon
Daemons in 40k don't breed.
>>
>>48381091
>half daemon
TTS is not canon anon.

There is a Black Crusade jump coming with a deamon prince option though, you could use Sacrificial Bestowment to give her those powers when that jump comes out.
>>
>>48381104
Importing seems like it'd just make the jump absurdly easy if you chose certain races.
>>
>>48381140
Perks. Good friend.

Daemonologist from DMC. Stuff from modern magician in SMT. Sacrifical Bestowment, lip service plus charisma...

Speaking of:

>>48380786
ASA, how do I replicate Hell Brass for the armor, Daemonblade and the Magic immunity granting collar?
>>
>>48381104
I like it, if you're worried about it being OP just make sure we can't be that digital guy who the Queen shat bricks over level.
>>
>>48381103
You cup it with two shells to pull it out and use the third one to clean it up. Supposedly.

It's the most fucking retarded thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>48380967
A WIP for us to drool over?
>>
>>48381154
TTS... what? What's that.

And that is also a good way to do it, Anon. The Black Crusade... gonna wait it.
>>
>>48380956
>10ft pole joke
Was hoping for an Airplane! reference, actually.

Only bit of Warhammer I was even considering was LoT, but decided it's a lot of effort for a ship I don't even like. Is too big and I hate the aesthetic.

Besides, I've got enough ship to deal with with angsty teenager gunboat Talyn. He got to be about 2km from nose to tail by the end of Farscape and grew two more dorsal cannons, along with a ventral one. At last scan, he's 2,307m long and there's a silo for another ventral cannon growing.

He also has a habit of starting phylosophical conversations on the nature of the role biology plays in psychology, big on nature vs nurture and the purpose of life. They can be fun in long spaceflights, but sometimes I worry about him.

E thinks he needs ship friends.

>>48381088
no problem. But you! because of your supplement to the Star Wars Jumps, I have to reset my Boys' memories every so often or else can only bring one or two in at a time because eight Companion limit.

Not a serious complaint, actually grateful that there's a bit of clarification and choice-making-needing.
>>
>>48381095
>>48381132

Look, if he's making a Marvel-related jump, he may as well. The last two were unmitigated disasters anyway.
>>
>>48381124
I wish I had that quote from the Horus heresy where the Emperor acknowledges that his imperium is forever fucked up but fuck Chaos, he's going to make it the biggest spit in the face of the inevitable dark he can muster.
>>
>>48381103
>>48381179
This is very confusing for someone that hasn't seen this movie.
>>
>>48381179
I know. I assumed it was just three things to clean off with, but man I don't see how that would work practically.
>>
I require some help comparing a thing:

Strongest Angels with their Tech in Darksiders

Versus

SMT Herald race OR the Chosen of Raphael with Dormant power.

Which of these is stronger?

Determining things, which is better to have
>>
>>48380058
>In general, the more willpower/strength of character you have, the more powerful a fury you can bind. The thing is, the more powerful the Fury, the more it will fight you.

That's a part of it, but unless I'm mistaken, doesn't a lot of it depend on innate talent. There's a WOJ I read a while back... here: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,91.msg1143.html#msg1143 ,which also suggests at that.

Being able to command more powerful furies/ more furies/ give stronger commands is something pasted down genetically to a certain extent, which is why the High Lords are all so powerful. Well, that and they get too inherit furies, but just look at Septimus (or the stories about Septimus).

Furycrafting as an innate talent is what makes That Thing Alera does at the end more significant.

Sorry for the needless pedantry.
>>
>>48381192
Text to Speech device, a 40K fan series on youtube.

The emperor turns Deamon Prince Magnus the Red into a "Half Deamon" by forcing Tzeench to return his soul.
>>
File: Spaceship size chart.jpg (4MB, 4268x5690px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceship size chart.jpg
4MB, 4268x5690px
>>48380821
>How often do you have a problem where a major conflict or set of problems in the plot is just from the locals in a Jump being stubborn/foolish/unwilling to trust the crazy person with the huge battleship crewed by robots with robot spacefighters.

I haven't had it happen yet, but I'm super cagey about what I can do. My reinforcements are always surprising to the people I've entered into an agreement with. At this point I can mass produce a truly staggering amount of hardware, so when I promise someone a battleship and change as back-up, they don't really expect an SSD with ten Sajuuks.
>>
>>48381230
SMT bullshit is going to win, bar none.
>>
>>48381243
Text to Speech We need that jump to happen.
>>
>>48381243
Anon.

I don't watch crap
>>
>>48381275
Not the current disaster.

Cheap-ass Sensei and Custodes Armor, what the fucking hell was Drakensis thinking.
>>
>>48381278
It's hilarious!
>>
>>48381212
Assuming that incredibly bitter post was yours:
That's all you had to do.
Post suggestions. Not try to get digs in and stir up shit.
You can stop being a whiny, salty little bitch any time now.

If it wasn't yours:
That's all he had to do.
Post suggestions. Not try to get digs in and stir up shit.
He can stop being a whiny, salty little bitch any time now.
>>
>>48381273
Now, see, I really want to have Demonic Fusion, because I like idea of being weaker Demi-Fiend with the power growth it has.

Which makes me wonder what would happen if I then put on Overlord's seat.

BUT I really am considering idea of Chosen of Raphael + Dormant Power + Jesus Armor, to be God's Medabot who will rebel later like Lucifer, you didn't polish me enough, baldie , combined with a few more things.

CHOICES, ANON. I AM BAD AT THOSE.
>>
>>48381294
That WIP should be tossed into the warp so that someone else can make a better one.
>>
>>48381233
I should maybe mention that the link has some WOG thoughts on Furies and Great Furies too:

"Geography. Furies are spirits that inhabit places and objects in nature. The fury of a tiny pebble is relatively miniscule. The fury of a mountain is dramatically more potent. If you live in a big city, like Alera Imperia, there just ain't all that many geographical objects and features that contain a distinct fury of their own. The furies are there, but they are generally present as a kind of amorphous amalgam of zillions of tiny furies, as mining and quarrying grinds mountains down to gravel, as rivers are dammed and redirected for irrigation, etc. When you're dealing with the "eroded" furies, you can't get them to manifest as a discrete entity, but you can make them do things--earthcrafters can get them to help them be super strong, watercrafters can utilize them for empathy, etc. Once you get further from civilization (like, for example, the Calderon Valley, on the very frontier of the realm) powerful and individual furies become much more common."
>>
>>48381317
Honestly, just add a +0 Drawback to the 40k Imperium jump. a TTS Jump would be so damn similar to it anyway.
>>
Okay, I know basically jack-shit about the setting, so can someone help me out here? Which of these would leave me better off?

Overlord:

>Re-Estrize
>Male
>31
>Local
>Human
>Warrior

>Tolerance For Evil - 0
>Shared Language - 0
>Themed Aesthetics - 0

>Martial Arts Prodigy - 0
>Magical Powerhouse - 0
>Detect Magic Power - 0
>Use Any Magic Item - 100

>Friends With The Devil - 100
>Realm Of Heroes - 0
>Level One Hundred - 600
>Damage Focused - 0
>Defense Focused - 50
>Magic Warrior - 50
>World Champion - 300
>Arcane Caster - 100
>Divine Caster - 100
>Dark Wisdom - 400

>Divine-tier Equipment - 0

>Rival Guild + 600
>Foreigner + 100
>Powerless + 100

OR

>Nazrick
>Male
>31
>Player
>Dragonoid (Or Slime, Or Angel, Or Automoton. Help.) - 0
>Warrior

>Use Any Magic Item - 200

>Tolerance for Evil - 0
>Personal Inventory - 0
>Themed Aesthetics - 0
>Shared Language - 0
>42nd Supreme Being - 800
>Level One Hundred - 0
>Damage-Focused - 0
>Defense-Focused - 50
>Magic Warrior - 50
>World Champion - 300
>Divine Caster - 100
>Dark Wisdom - 400

>Divine-Tier Equipment - 0

>Maid - 0
>Custom NPC - 0

>Foreigner + 100
>Powerless + 100
>Rival Guild + 600

So, which should I go with? Either way, my plan is pretty much to just team up with Ainz (who I'm told is a 10 foot tall skeleton NEET).
>>
>>48381083
>An R&D/tech company
Yes! The capstone items (800 CP for items; skills and powers that have discounts are 600) for all of the backgrounds give you things like that (with the possible exception of Drop Ins, since I'm having difficulty coming up with what they should get. I'm thinking a school of some sort, possibly.) The tech company will go to the scientist background, while Agents and Villains will get SHIELD/Hydra analogs.
>Your own supersuit
Of course; there's going to be a lot of customization options for armor/costumes and a few for weapons.
>AI, replenishing money?
Yep!
>Jumper Tower/Mansion
There's going to be a "mansion" add on for the Warehouse, but I'll make it so that it's a thing that follows you (or provide an option on which you want) if there's demand for it.
>A membership card for the Avengers?
There's going to be an item/quasi perk that gives you a history with a super group/organization of choice for non-Drop Ins, or ensures that you give a good impression if you're a Drop In.

Speaking of perks, there's a free one that makes it so a few adjectives (Mighty, Invincible, Incredible, Spectacular, etc.) of choice always become associated with you.

>>48381184
I'd rather get everything in order first; the powers section is currently half-finished and the items section is basically a skeleton. I could post a skills/perks only thing though, if people wanted and could give about a half-hour to get things sorted.
>>
>>48381344
Would a frontier Fury follow a person that commands it into the city?
>>
>>48381104
It's the sort of thing I'd only expect to see if you were planning to make much more use of the second movie instead of it being just a +0cp drawback as it was when I last saw the pastebin?
>>
>>48381354
But that wouldn't have options like,
1. you start in the emperor's lap, discount on Dreadnought Armor.
2. you start being detained by Kitten Discount on Custodes Armor
3. you start being detained by the Fabulous Custodes who are touching you inappropriately, discount on Custodes Companion.
4. Etc.
>>
>>48381344
Can I just mention how absolutely terrible Watercrafters are in Codex Alera? They're by far the weakest.
>>
>>48381056
There's a perk in Familiar of Zero that lets you summon/talk to nature spirits, and I know there are more that let you talk to nature spirits, but the specific ones escape me.

I'd assume that once you leave Codex Alera you can continue to commune with and bind nature spirits, as it's an ability you buy and an inherent power all human Aleran's have.
>>
>>48381365
>Tolerance For Evil
Worse option.
>>
>>48381427
Is there any canon reason why they have that power? Aren't they just the descendants of a (really fucking) Lost Roman Legion?
>>
>>48381365
I would recommend the second build, and Dragonoid. Being the 42nd Supreme Being gives you Ainz and the NPCs as firm allies, along with a ton of resources and an extra NPC companion to further tip the odds, and Dragonoid is best suited for the Warrior class. Just watch out for those with anti-dragon weapons/magic and you should be fine. If I may, you might want to grab the Long Game. Aside from granting you great strategy skills and charisma, it will, when combined with World Champion, give you battle precog. Oh, and you can grab the training center for free, since you have World Champion.
>>
>>48381421
It's not the best for combat but it's the only one that can heal and it lets you sense peoples feelings.
>>
>>48381454
It's necessary if he's hiding behind Big Daddy Bones.
>>
>>48381475
>Heal
The sissy option.

>Sense feelings
This is even worse, and mostly useless.
>>
File: Nukesarethegas.png (151KB, 1160x496px) Image search: [Google]
Nukesarethegas.png
151KB, 1160x496px
JUMPERS! Why is project Orion the one and only good form of non FTLspacetravel!
>>
>>48380214
Wait fuck Sora gets there first?
FUCK I thought Riku was there first, this changes everything.
Okay, new plan:
>Chill through the events of KH1 until Sora goes Heartless
>intervene and BTFO Ansem, taking his Hearts SOMEHOW (need a perk that can do this, please advise)
>Tard Wrangle said Hearts into submission using my Anti-Demon Wavelength
>Let Sora seal the DTD like plot demands
>Super Tard Wrangle Sora's dumb ass away from Castle Oblivion
>Bust ass through the castle myself, kidnap Namine and bring her to Kairi so they fuse and prevent Sora from going comatose
>Snag Riku too and then go back to Sora and bring him to the Island with friends
>Go to Traverse Town to meet up with my Companion who has found the mansion portal to The World That Never Was
>Kick Xemnass in the balls and destroy fake KH 2.0
>Pray to high fuck Xion doesn't exist yet, if she does kill her
>Find Roxas and bring him to Traverse Town to be bros for the rest of the jump, help him come to terms with his life and the fact he does have a Heart
>Take him with to be my second Companion of the chain
Boom, done, there shouldn't be any loose threads now.
>>
>>48381488
Every try hitting someone with an entire river? Besides, most planets that sustain organic life in stable weather systems have tons of water just lying around.
>>
>>48381412
I don't want to roll being molested by oiled up pillar men!
>>
>>48381466
Alright, so Dragonoid is better than Realm of Heroes?

>the Long Game
Can I get by without it? I really want everything I have here.

>training center for free
Didn't even notice that.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>48381495
No. No. You go stick your nose in the corner and stay there.

Obviously a lifting body to get the space vehicle to stratosphere would be a better plan.
>>
>>48381519
What's your point? It's by far the weakest element.

Most of them have dirt and air too, and all fire requires is oxygen and fuel.
>>
>>48381519
Aren't most furycrafters (and water ones in particular) kind of shitty at direct elemental manipulation as opposed to the secondary effects?
>>
>>48381411
The +0 drawback is a little joke at how everyone dislikes the sequel and puts the original on a pedestal.

Looking at adding scenarios where you get CP from starting in the original story and staying until 10 years after the second OR staying until you help defeat the aliens for good.
>>
>>48381154
>>48381140

So if I made a thing be half daemon through various daemonology perks, would it make the psyker more powerful?
>>
>>48381586
It'd make them insane.
>>
>>48381586
Aren't daemons just masses of psychic energy?
>>
>>48381586
It would probably kill what ever you did it to anon.
>>
>>48381495
I guess it works if you have a shit ton of extra nukes just lying around.
>>
>>48381600
>>48381602

Good point.

I need to make them be half NGE Angel, that will help!
>>
>>48381600
More like masses of souls.
>>
>>48381488
Healing and Sensing feelings are the lower spectrum powers any Watercrafter can access.

Strong ones get access to fleshcraftng, shapeshifting, near-perfect lie detection, and the ability to manipulate massive quantities of ice, water, and snow.

The most powerful Watercrafter shown can briefly contact the Fury of the ocean and have borrow some of it's power.

A Jumper Watercrafter? You could turn a storm's rain into razor ice needles and use your emotion-sense to pinpoint every single person in a massive area to attack. Or you could straight-up sink a city with a tsunami.
>>
>>48381533
They're about the same, with Dragonoid granting a few extra tricks in exchange for an extra weakness.
You can, but since you're fighting a guild war it might be better for the bigger picture-wait a second, you didn't grab Tireless? You uh, you might want that. It's pretty critical for World Champion's ability to buff you the longer the fight you're in lasts.
>>
>>48381633
Same differece in 40k?
>>
>>48381243
You... Do know that "half-daemon" segment was purely to segue into the edgy, crawling-in-my-skin joke at Magnus' expense, right?
>>
>>48381602
>>48381600

So you mean it WOULD make them stronger or have more applications of psyker stuff?
>>
>>48381635
You keep talking about combat applications that watercrafters are specifically called out as being worse at than other crafters.
>>
>>48381636
Ah, fuck.

I guess I'll drop Use Any Magic Item (know anywhere else with an ability like that?), Magic Warrior, and Defense Focused?
>>
I was out of town for one day, what'd I miss?

Besides salt. There's always salt.
>>
>>48381658
They would die. . .
>>
>>48381495
Fuck being low tech, inertialess drive is best drive.
>>
>>48381724
Well.

You missed salt. And "principle" being the new argument fuel alongside "tradition."
>>
>>48381495
The Outer Space Treaty is bullshit.
>>
>>48381704
Defense Orientated is actually really good for the combo. The jump itself states that a Warrior with Tireless, Defense Orientated, and World Champion is EXTREMELY hard to beat if not immediately taken out. I would instead recommend getting rid of Use Any Magic Item, Damage Orientated, and Magic Warrior. You won't deal as much damage, but you'll be damn near invincible in most fights you get in, especially as you wear your opponents down while you only get stronger. Plus, Dragonoid starts you off with twenty times the base strength of humans, and twice that of most of the other races, except for Demon's true form and Automatons, which are your equals, and those are usually Mages or Drop Ins anyway.
>>
>>48381724
Shitty jumpmakers caving in to a few whiners to nerf the only good things in a setting.
>>
>>48381777
Well you guys used inter-jump balance to argue your side of things, so quite frankly I don't think you're anywhere near sympathetic.

Does inter-jump balance only exist when it benefits you? Why should Warframe's shit work a specific way just because Worm's tech has a thing?
>>
>>48381790
>Does inter-jump balance only exist when it benefits you?

Do you even need an answer to this question, anon?
>>
>>48381724
Overlord (the anime/lightnovel) got an update and someone's started working on an Independence Day jump.
>>
File: 1401831587320.jpg (15KB, 477x353px) Image search: [Google]
1401831587320.jpg
15KB, 477x353px
>>48381501
As long as you are in twilight town [Mainly the entrance to that fancy abandoned mansion]. As of right now I can't really come up with a clear method other than containing the heart and absorbing it through some other means. I'd normally say soul steal it or something. But the series makes a distinction between the body, the soul, and the heart. Perhaps the Ansem/Xehanort reports might help. You can collect them like Sora and Co do. OR you can buy it for an admittedly steep price.
>>
>>48380967
Canon Companion option? Ms. Marvel
>>
>>48381501
So what I really need before I can jump KH is an ability that lets me absorb Souls/Hearts, where should I go for that?
>>
>>48381809
>Independence Day

Yeeeeeeesssssss.
>>
>>48381776
...I know, but I just really wanted to slash holes in reality. Oh well.
>>
>>48381835
You still can anon, I'm just saying what seems the most practical. Really, Tireless and World Champion alone is pretty good, you should be fine with Damage Orientated if you really want it.
>>
>>48381815
How do Sora and co do it? I know how to release them (stab with Keyblade) but not how to absorb it.
Terrahort did it SOMEHOW, so there's gotta be an in universe way to do it.
Looking through the Ansem Reports might help, yeah.
>>
>>48381824
Naturally, of course.
>>
>>48381728
Anon.

There must be a way to make it work.
>>
>>48381776
Tanks are the absolute most boring spec.
>>
>>48381724
Depending on how long your one day was...

Kung Fu Hustle jump was posted.
Overlord LN update was posted.
Baten Kaitos Origins update was posted.
Kairos jump was posted.
Selectable text versions of True Lies + Terminator + Supreme Commander + Robocop were put on the drive.
>>
How do I Thunder King, /jc/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q51B6M70QBs
>>
>>48381874
You are right, after a few thousand test subjects with lots of perks backing you you might figure it out. Most "successes" will quickly turn into chaos spawn but hey at least it worked.
>>
>>48381907
>Selectable text versions of /jumps/
Sorta. Kinda. The words get all glued together, with no spaces whatsoever.
>>
>>48381412
>you start in the emperor's lap

Bad idea. Remember Brazil?
>>
>>48381790
It should work the way we said because thread decided it would work that way. Her caving in because a few nerfers bullied her to reverting her decision is disgusting and spineless. We don't need that horse shit.

When someone decides something, don't bitch at them to get your way. Suck it up.
>>
>>48381986
wot
>>
>>48381986
>Remember Brazil
No I just remember Rogal Dorn sitting on the Emperor's lap to calm down the warp storms.
>>
>>48382036
>>48382038
Spyroanon sat on it. All of it. That one time.

Jumpers can be huge, is all I'm saying.
>>
>>48382038
You're joking. That can't be canon
>>
>>48381967
Which of the jumps has that problem? Can you give an example? Because I've run into that problem when using firefox's crappy internal PDF viewer.
>>
>>48381986
Emps is a big boy. He can handle a tubby dragon or two.
>>
So in Overlord how tough would you be if you took Defense Focused as a lvl 100 ROH Magic Caster?
>>
>>48381992
>It should work the way we said because thread decided it would work that way

Oh, you mean like thread's agreed - consistently now - that inter-jump balance is a bad thing?

The same inter-jump balance you used to argue that Sentients should be unlocked "because Worm's clarke-tech is better"?

Either have no inter-jump balance or all the inter-jump balance. You don't get to pick and choose, cunt.
>>
How does Warhammer 40k Psykers and Sorcery compare to any other jump with Psionic powers or ESP or such?

Is there anything stronger?
>>
>>48381233
How talent/power is measured in Codex Alera doesn't seem to really a point of discussion, but I just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else found this interesting: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,1067.msg20686.html#msg20686

Basically, there are two real factors that play into furycrafting: how much innate capacity you *have*, and how much of that capacity you can actually *use*. The High Lords, in general, have tremendous raw talent, honed by a lot of training and practice, to a point far beyond what most Alerans could achieve, even with a lifetime of work. They are the skilled heavyweights. Others right below them might have tremendous gifts, but in fewer venues, or maybe they just haven't worked as hard to develop them. A lot of the Lords come in this class--but basically, once you get out of the elite circle of the High Lords, the actual furycrafting ability of the nobility does not necessarily correlated with raw power.
>>
>>48382059
The Emperor thought that the dreadnought was cute but didn't know that the armor was where Rogal Dorn had been hiding since his supposed "death".

Little Kitten had the dreadnought sit on his lap to calm him down when he started farting warp storms due to rage, which happened a lot due to the current state of the Imperium.
>>
>>48382077
Here's a kicker:

Thread can't agree on how to tie our fucking shoelaces, and the guy you're responding to is basically the equivalent of a hobo stating he's a government representative.
>>
>>48382077
It's that twat who keeps asserting "thread" supports his opinion and other revisionist bullshit. I strongly recommend reporting and ignoring.
>>
>>48382069
Well, the jump itself says you could withstand a Damage Orientated warrior, so given that you're a Level 100 RoH Magic Caster, probably durable enough to take hits from a regular Level 100 RoH Warrior, to make up for the difference in durability between a Warrior and a Magic Caster.
>>
>>48382129
>Thread can't agree on how to tie our fucking shoelaces

LOOP BACK LACE > ALL
>>
>>48382124
Oh, it's just some dumb thing from the fanmade show, not actual canon. Nevermind then.
>>
>>48381856
Actually ignore everything I just said because KH provides the solution in itself:
>Heart Stealer (200 CP, Free Heartless)
>You can manifest Hearts and take them from people on the verge of death
>Can hold up to 12
Real question is if they can still let me hold Keyblades if I "Digest" them using this perk
>>
>>48382059
Skip to 8:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG82ruvH0jc
>>
>>48382165
It makes more sense than actual 40K lore, and it is much more entertaining.
>>
>>48382063
Besides those four?

I'm using Chrome, and it happens with Witcher and Generic Dungeon Crawl, at least.
>>
>>48381950
Oh wait.

Ability to use Psyker powers and such is genetic.

I can just mess with these genetics to improve psyker capabilities of a person.
>>
>>48381809
Oh? where's the new pdf? is it on the drive?
>>
>>48382163
>not tying your laces Ladder-style

Filthy saracen
>>
>>48382220
Try using Adobe Reader.
>>
File: 1403275740290.jpg (228KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1403275740290.jpg
228KB, 960x1280px
>>48381856
It can be done on instinct by acceptance of both parties. Or forcefully via placing either a piece of it or the entirety of it in another person. So I shall assume magic. FUCKING MAGIC. I'm sure with sufficient desire and willpower you can just forcefully absorb it...I think. Maybe. Kingdom hearts man. I can't really justify it outside of studying the Xehanort/Ansem reports.

>>48382170
As far as I know digesting it merely gives you sustenance/healing. Holding it in yourself however is a different story. Which would probably let you draw on its power with some other perk combo of some kind.
>>
>>48382220
I've found various jumps, including the text ones, have problems in browser-based viewers. I don't know whether it's because the software used to create the PDFs were crap or whether the viewers are crap, but either way if I want to do any sizable amount of copy-and-pasting I prefer open the jumps on a PC in Adobe Reader.
>>
Ordo Draigo present, we'll provide the hams!
>>
>>48382226
for Overlord LN if the update is not on the drive it can be found here: >>48367929

ID jump isn't a PDF yet.
>>
File: lei shen.jpg (151KB, 556x600px) Image search: [Google]
lei shen.jpg
151KB, 556x600px
>>48381921
But seriously how do I get what this guy's got?

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lei_Shen
>>
So, ladies and gentlejumpers, I have the strange desire to become a Japanese Oni--any ideas on how I could do that? I can only think of the Golden Sky Stories jump at current.
>>
>>48382440
Touhou has a Oni Race.
>>
>>48382424
Electric conduit?

>>48382440
Touhou
>>
>>48382440
Touhou and Shin Megami Tensei have racial options for that.
>>
>>48382440
Touhou Project?
>>
>>48382440
Okami has an option for that i think.
>>
>>48382490
>>48382492
>>48382495

Huh. Touhou it is then! Thanks all!
>>
>>48382507
>>48382503
Ah nuts. Thanks to you both as well!
>>
>>48382507
Yes, though most people use it to become a kitsune for obvious reasons.
>>
>>48382424
I cannot take a person that wears a hat like that seriously.
>>
>>48382440
Monster background in Percy Jackson with the Japanese deity pantheon would be my suggestion. Aren't Touhou onis all tiny girls?
>>
>>48382546
Even if he fought one of Pandaria's four physical demigods (the strongest of the bunch) and won?
>>
>>48380674
Awesome!
>>
Age of Sigmar jump when?
>>
>>48382589
>Aren't Touhou onis all tiny girls?
No, Yuugi is a fully grown woman. ZUN's original drawing has her looking like a loli, but every official art afterwards makes her more obviously adult.
>>
>>48382424
Electricity Conduit - InFamous
Electromaster ESPer - Raildex (Science)
Dust Graft (Lightning) - RWBY
Lightning + Water Chakra = Storm Release (kinda sorta) - Naruto
Elemental Shaman - World of Warcraft
Initiate Invocation (Storm) - DA:I
something I'm forgetting the name of in Jade Empire
Stormcaller Arrowhead - Tomb Raider
Lightning Dragon/Demon/God-Slayer - Fairy Tail
Electricity Elemental Mutation - Toriko
Element Wielder (Electricity) - Tower of God
Elemental Affinity (Electricity) - Mega Man X
Energy Control + Creation (Electricity) Teigu - Akame ga Kill
Electrokinesis - Danny Phantom
Electro Bolt - Bioshock
Electrokinesis - Teen Titans
Force Lightning - Any of the Star Wars jumps
Any virus made with Bioelectricity - Resident Evil
Firebending + Lightningbending - Avatar the Last Airbender
Black Witch (Electricity) - Soul Hackers

All just from combing my chain. Trying to look for more Storm / other wind & water shit as well.
>>
So with the Naruto jump, is the reason Juugo's clan isn't available that we don't actually have a name for it?
Sage transformation would be cool to have access to in a way other than the cursed seal.
>>
>>48382591
Nope, I'd ask him if it's supposed to look like a squid eating his face and take attention away from his tentacle chin.
>>
File: Th11PromotionalArt.jpg (350KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Th11PromotionalArt.jpg
350KB, 700x700px
>>48382649
Alphes is great
>>
>>48382649
You know what I mean, they don't look like the Japanese mythological creature.

Actually wait, SMT has an oni race demon option too! That's probably an even better idea.

>>48382635
When you make it.

No seriously, please-I need this. Everything about GW trying to do a shounen anime is hilarious, from the friendly totally-not-Void Dragon to rules for models talking back to you.
>>
>>48382661
>Sage transformation would be cool to have access to in a way other than the cursed seal.

You mean like buying a Summoning Contract?
>>
>>48382718
>When you make it.
That was bait anon, nobody is going to make a jump in that setting.
>>
>>48382744
I didn't know you spoke for everyone. I certainly wouldn't object to such a jump.
>>
>>48381552
The Author talks about the superheavyweight Aircrafters "whistling up a hurricane" (given a bit of time, effort, and familiartity w/ local fury patterns), so it's not like they're /bad/. At one point we see some (rather low tier) firecrafters calling up a compact ball of heat hot enough to instantly incinerate anyone in a 5 feet radius with relative ease. And in the first book we see things like the redirection of a river. When I'm reading fight scenes in the books, what I'm imagining is often not dissimilar to Avatar.

>>48381475
To add onto special abilities, watercrafting let's you broadcast yourself - think sending a hologram through every puddle across a country.
>>
>>48382759
Everything post fucktimes should be burned.
>>
>>48382676
I like Yuugi with big tits, but fuck alphes in general. Too many titty monsters, I prefer Touhou as mostly lolis.
>>
>>48382767
>watercrafting let's you broadcast yourself
Still mediocre compared to other crafters.
>>
>>48382884
What can other crafters do besides kill, anon?
>>
>>48382919
Couldn't firecrafters heat a forge to make steel?
>>
>>48382370
ooh, I like the extra CP I have available.

now to decide if I want the Ring of Elru or Dark Wisdom more.
>>
>>48382313
I can probably do it with the Heart Capturing machine, but I'm an early jumper, I don't have anything that would neutralize him without outright killing him, so I'll just grab the reports and some fanwank lube.
>>
>>48381907
Wow, looking at Kung Fu Hustle it's an utter crap pile. Random multipliers sprinkled throughout, companions that get free shit in future jumps, a power running on the assumption that X cp of perks from one jump are equivalent to X cp of perks from another jump, a 100 cp perk that triples your combat abilities, and 72 pods. It's like they decided to shove every bad idea in jumpmaking into a single jump.
>>
@ BRELLIN
Saw you are updating the Overlord Jump.
Locals still really favored with Innate talents, but are making progressing on balancing them.

One of the things is all the 0 CP races and Demihuman races get a discount on a Innate talent, but few Heteromorphic Races do.

Birdmen, Demons, Doppengangers, Dragonoids, Skeletons, Zombies, and True Vampires could all use a Discounted Innate Talent.

Since nearly all players had "level 100" when Yggdrasil ended, why isn't it discounted &/or mandatory for players? Right not Locals only need 600 CP to be Realm of Heroes + Level 100, but players need 900 to buy both. This is another reason Local is favored...

On the Group Import Option, if you also buy 42nd supreme being, what happens then? Can they be part of the Guild also? You might let them have free Heteromorphic race if you bought both.

At the 250 CP level they could be former NPC's, or new members you brought in to try the game while they could when you found out it was being shut down.

If you bought 42nd Supreme Being AND the 500 CP version of group import, could you have them be some of the other Supreme Being guild members who stayed logged in during the server reset?

(Also, Level 100 Companions should have better then medium tier equipment, especially if they are players)
>>
Out of curiosity, about how deep is the lake at Hogwarts? I have a plan for the Second Task in the Triwizard Tournament.
>>
>>48383051
>@ BRELLIN
Wow, you're not from around here at all, are you?
Protip: You want to link to one of his posts? Click on the post number, it'll automatically link to it in your response. Like how I just did with your post.

Watch:
>>48383059
Sup Alice?
>>
>>48383059
Can't be too deep, since Slytherin's common room is meant to be under it and the dungeons aren't /that/ far down from the rest of the school.
>>
>>48383059
At least a couple stories down, I think. They don't give an exact measurement, but Slytherin's common room has a view out into it, and you can still see the light from the surface down there.
>>
>>48383059
It's gotta be either really deep or really broad.
I mean, there's a giant squid and even a colony of merpeople down there.
>>
>>48383078
>Protip: You want to link to one of his posts? Click on the post number, it'll automatically link to it in your response. Like how I just did with your post.
He has not posted in this thread, and linking to a post in a previous thread would not actually make a difference if he checked that post, because the system only logs replies in the same thread.

You do realize that, right?

I am taking my chances and hoping he notices his name in caps if & when he reviews this thread later. But hey, thanks for the advice that doesn't do anything Anon!
>>
Hey, I've got a question! If your first jump is one that makes you into something other than baseline human--say, my first jump was Terminator, and I became a T-800--would that end up being your base form, or an alt-form?

For the purposes of Bodymod, of course.
>>
>>48381488
But without healing, how am I supposed to save Joyce from Buffy or help my allies who really want to kick the shit out of the big bad or restore the sanity from my brothers and sisters in Dragon Commander, or restore youth to Oogway in Kung Fu Panda, or savem the countless thousands in zombie-infected worlds?

>>48383167
I think Body Mod was intended to be your base human form for the purposes of jumping, before perks and alt-forms and all that. Not that that's how it's treated by everyone, mind you.
>>
Here's EMH's perks and skills, minus a few that need to be added for some of the racial options.
>>
>>48383238
Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heros
>>
Any good perks for incorporating multiple fighting styles you know?
>>
>>48383183
>I think Body Mod was intended to be your base human form for the purposes of jumping, before perks and alt-forms and all that. Not that that's how it's treated by everyone, mind you.
Body Mod seems to make more sense if Jumpchan gives it to you BEFORE you start jumping...

>>48383189
>Here's EMH's perks and skills, minus a few that need to be added for some of the racial options.
This seems like a Marvel jump from context, but I have not idea what setting/focus it is.
What does EMH stand for?
Excellent Marvel Heroes or something?
>>
>>48383189
Neat. Loving those science perks, especially Alloy Smith and Sleek & Efficient.

>>48383252
Not that anon, but is that the same setting as Ultimate Spider-Man and Agents of SMASH?

I know there's two animated continuities, but I keep getting them mixed up.
>>
>>48382722
That's sage mode. Sage transformation is the weird ass fleshy transformations Juugo and cursed seal users do.
>>
>>48383264
Earth's Mightiest Heroes, it was a marvel cartoon series.
>>
>>48382661
>>48383275
It's probably not included because it's a minor and easily forgotten clan and nobody asked him for it when he was making the jump
>>
>>48383189
All of 'em look good, but I have to admit the Drop-In appeals the most to me. The joke at the end of Uncanny and the Capstone duo may or may not play a part in it overshadowing Scientist, which is what I'd usually go for.
>>
File: 1402503782601.jpg (38KB, 408x349px) Image search: [Google]
1402503782601.jpg
38KB, 408x349px
>>48383189
>racial options
What races could you be might I ask?
>>
>>48383157
>notices his name in caps

I'm not them, but something like this would make me ignore the corresponding post.

Your choice to ignore the advice that the other anon suggested, I suppose. Snarky witticisms don't make you any less of an annoyance.
>>
>>48383448
What's your suggestion then? He has a point in that linking a post to a previous thread is about as useful as linking to any random one in this thread, unless the person he's talking to makes a habit of checking every link, they're not going to see it's addressed to them.
>>
>>48383167

Personally, I always run Bodymod before my first jump, because I see it as the base form that you are given.

Kind of makes Bodymod a lot less useful if it's given later.

Then again, I'm the type of Jumper that also takes the Warehouse before the first official jump because I consider it part of Jumpchan's investment in their entertainment.
>>
>>48383271
I'm not sure if Spectacular or Ultimate Spider-Man are canon to EMH or not. It's a bit weird, since they used the voice actors for Spider-Man from both, but other than that there's not really anything connecting the two story wise except for maybe some design overlap on the suits. There's no evidence that the newer Marvel Shows (SMASH, Avengers Assemble, Guardians of the Galaxy) are linked in any way, with the exception of an art style reference in Avengers during a flashback, but that's most likely a nod and nothing more.

I checked out a few comics made for EMH a while ago for research, and there's a small chance that Ultimate and EMH are linked if you take what is said in the back of the book when they're advertising the cartoons as canon... but if you did, then the canon explanation for why Tony Stark has a view screen in his armor is so he can watch cartoons on the way to fights.

>>48383410
There are quite a few; there's Humans, Mutants, Asgardians, Kree, Skrull, Sakaarans, and Korbinites. I'm also debating adding Flora Colossi, because I need a good option to round out the elemental powers and they would add some justification for having Chlorokinesis as an option.
>>
>>48383504
>but if you did, then the canon explanation for why Tony Stark has a view screen in his armor is so he can watch cartoons on the way to fights.

And now I can't not believe that. That totally sounds like a thing Tony Stark would do.
I bet he watches Adventure Time.
>>
>>48383292
Makes sense. Little odd in context of the Hozuki clan's bloodline and Kisame's...appearance being purchaseable bloodlines, though.
>>
>>48383504
>Tony Stark has a view screen in his armor is so he can watch cartoons on the way to fights.
Why would you find this hard to believe? He can set his armor to fight on auto pilot so he might just decide to watch cartoons whenever the enemy isn't worth paying attention to. It is exactly the kind of BS he would pull.
>>
>>48383528
Those two were specifically asked for when he was updating it.
>>
>>48383526
>>48383559
I mean, it's what I would do, too. I just did a double take because it came so out of left field.

>>48383504
I think I might add "Synthezoid" as an option as well.
>>
File: tumblr_o510deUPEV1rvya9ro1_1280.png (485KB, 1080x1686px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o510deUPEV1rvya9ro1_1280.png
485KB, 1080x1686px
>>48383559
>>48383526
>>
>>48383583
If there is a power armor option it must now include a DVR and a competent combat Auto Pilot.
>>
File: RCO026_1466218671.jpg (1008KB, 1280x1945px) Image search: [Google]
RCO026_1466218671.jpg
1008KB, 1280x1945px
>>48383504
>>48383526
>>48383559
>>48383604
>>48383612

Found it. It's as good as canon.
>>
>>48383621
Oh that is just wonderful.
>>
>>48383472
Different anon, but don't cross-thread posts still have the (You) attached to them? It's been a long time since any of my posts were linked cross-thread so I don't entirely remember...
>>
>>48383621
>Winning in Poker. Winning in Baseball. Winning in Starring Contests.

Fucking Hawkeye.
>>
>>48383646
They don't. Probably why anon chose what he did, since linking to a post without a (You) is pretty pointless to specifically get someones attention.
>>
>>48383621
>Blu-ray player
Tony needs to get with the times and just start streaming stuff or straight up download it. A disc is just gonna stutter or shatter in the middle of a fight.
Even if you're rich I imagine that'd get annoying fast.
>>
>>48382919
Lots of stuff!

Firecrafters can manipulate people's emotions, make anyone feel anything that they themselves can imagine.

Earthcrafters have a touch based physiological control. Not /emotions/, strictly, but they could make your adrenaline start puping, your heart racing etc. (or stop it from happening). Plus they can make themselves super strong when touching the ground.

Metalcrafters can ignore their emotions/ body. Teir "supermove" is basically turning their skin into steel.

Aircrafters can mess around with the weather, fly, and give themselves silly levels of speed/reaction. PLus invisibilty/ bending light (think magnifying glass).

I can't remeber what woodcrafters cana cheive that's "special". They can make a kind of active camo/ blur their outline. Probably other stuff.

I imagine I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff.
>>
File: RCO021_1466218592.jpg (1MB, 1280x1984px) Image search: [Google]
RCO021_1466218592.jpg
1MB, 1280x1984px
There's also this page with Vision that I liked. It's CUTE!
>>
>>48383662
All proving that Watercrafters are the worst of them all.
>>
>>48383714
Eh. It depends what you're going for. If you want to be the greatest spy/diplomat/medic, then Watercrafting is your best bet. If you want to brute force your way through every problem you should probably pick something else. (But as Jumpers who are "picking" I can't recommend anything that isn't getting really good at all of them with High Lord)
>>
>>48383748
>Spy/diplomat/medic
While all those skills are fair as supplements, none of them are really suitable as a focus, nor does it justify picking a gimped specialty.
>>
>>48380857
I thought it was okay. The books are bit HFY but that's par for the course.

>>48377829
Question for you SJ-Chan, re: Girls Und Panzer

If we chose a paradigm shift, do the perks like "Advanced Tankery" or "Tank Tech" that apply to tanks change to the new paradigm?

Eg: If I take "Tank Tech" and the "Girls und M.I." paradigm, let's say I use the Saber Hardsuits from Bubblegum Crisis as the thing it's based off, does Tank Tech allow me to "know everything about designing, maintaining, and building" Saber suits?
>>
In Overlord would the Magical Powerhouse talent stack with the Abyss of Magic perk to give you 3x the amount of mana that Abyss of Magic would normal put you at?
>>
>>48383759
Again, it depends what you're angling for. If all that matters is how hard you can hit something/ how useful it is in a cage match, sure, watercrafting has issues.

But in a broader context it could easily be the best, or a contendor for the best, in terms of accruing power.

Sensing emotions alone is pretty incredible for social-fu, rivalled only by the emotion /controlling/ aspect of firecrafting. Watercrafting just requires a bit ore imagination/ coming at things slightly more obliquely, relative to some of the others (which isn't to say that it can't bring the hurt if needed). As a side note, it's probaly the best "assassin" perk as well, and the best "anti-assassin".
>>
>>48383685
>It's CUTE!
That kid behind Vision in the last panel seems to disagree.
>>
>>48383835
Eh, he'd probably be the type to vote for Mutant control bills when he grows up.
>>
>>48383835
To be fair, Vision is an Avenger, so he's basically a celebrity. I'm getting more of a shocked feel than a scared one as well.
>>
>>48383822
Again, those are good supplements, but lousy focuses. None of them are any good unless your entire build and outlook is built up around being a weakling and never fighting anything.
>>
>>48383822
If you haven't guessed by now, the guy you're talking to is the kind of person who thinks a power is shit if you can't casually murder people with it.

He probably thinks Clairvoyance from ACSR is empirically the worst power available in that jump too.

He psychologically can't handle the possibility that someone might be better in direct combat than he is, and subsequently he likes to shit on any option that isn't related to direct combat.
>>
>>48383883
Or if you prefer manipulation, crowd control and conspiracy as your means of engagement.

Honestly you come across as completely biased in favor of direct combat and nothing else. I think other people are trying to explain why an ability might be valuable without understanding there's nothing they can say to change your mind on the thing because you communicate your opinion as fact.
>>
261. Yoshi's Island
Origin: Human, Age: 2
Perks: Prehensile Tongue (-100), Safety Bubble (-100), Star Child (-300), Magikoopa (-600)
Items: Diaper, Happy Flower (-50), Comfy Nest (-50), Beanstalk Seeds (-100)
Drawbacks: Gluttonous (+100), Topsy Turvy (+200)

I am a happy creature, in my happy bubble. It goes up and down and all around and never ever ever pops.

Unless those Koopas and Shy Guys are after me, but I am controlling of weather and very powerful magics, so it' hard for them. Controlling the breeze is hard, though, when gravity is nowhere to be found, so it was pretty often I'd find myself in volcanoes, rather than over delicious fruit trees. I spent a lot of the jump just hunting for fruit. The Yoshis would try to chase me off and then I'd be somewhere in the sky in a safety bubble.

I saw baby Bowser and gave him some candy, though. We were 6 at the time, but he still didn't say thank you.
>>
>>48383883
You get shapeshifting as well, not sure how much you can shift but in one of the books I think a water crafter makes claws that can cut through people pretty easily. Shapeshifting is also pretty broken if you use it creatively
>>
>>48383883
Are you the eniripsa guy again? You got issues man.
>>
>>48383915
>ACSR
what
>>
>>48384060
A Certain Scientific Railgun.
>>
>>48383918
So you play the part of a fat politician and sit in your villa all day? And what about the moment someone breaks into your fancy little home?
>>
>>48383915
Yeah, I'm starting to pick up that vibe. Just a tad. Still, worth a try (maybe).

>>48384060
A Certain Scientific Railgun. For the record, clairvoyance IS the best power there (well, in my mind anyway. Totally subjective)
>>
>>48383918
Not that anon, but from what was posted earlier fire and maybe earth seem better at that too. And air would be competitive with it post-jump, given the importance of weather for society to function.
>>
>>48384099
Minions, man. It's all about the minions. What sort of God needs to get their hands dirty.

Plus the point of playing the chessmaster is that no one breaks into your house anyway, (unless it's part of a larger scheme you've set in motion).

Actually, hell, if someone' ballsy enough to break into your home, why not charisma/mind control/ etc. your way into a recruitment. They've already demonstrated initiative, which can be a nice quality in a mook.
>>
>>48380862
>And then like half way through, the two of them team up to fight Nyarlathotep, who decided to crash the party and interrupt their match.
>Implying both of them aren't actually Nya playing alone in his room
>>
>>48384124
Yeah, fire can induce emotions. Who needs to be able to sense emotions when you can KNOW and make them experience what you want? And Earth is similar, though I guess more limited by touch, since chemicals are what decide your emotions.

>>48384130
So that's a yes.
>>
>>48384099
Emotion sensing. You'll know they're going to break in before they get there giving you time to prepare
>>
>>48384130
>They've already demonstrated initiative, which can be a nice quality in a mook
Depends. Too much of a good thing and all. If they've got enough initiative and balls to break into your home, might be best to just consider disposal. No effective mastermind wants a starscream.
>>
>>48384060
A Certain Scientific Railgun

The 8 powers available seem to be organized by order of utility vs combat, which appear to be directly inverted.
The first choice is Clairvoyance, which has limitless utility options, but completely lacks combat capability.
The last is Imagine Breaker, which is good at fucking up things that go against the natural order (both science and magic), but has no other use.
The others are all somewhere in between.

>>48384099
>And what about the moment someone breaks into your fancy little home?
If you play the 'fat politician' part right, that never happens.
Just because you can't imagine a world where intelligence and keikakus can beat raw power (spoiler: they do, all the time IRL), doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

Not everything can be solved by bullheaded shonen derp.
>>
>>48384150
Does he want to solve things, though. It seems like he just wants to fight for the sake of fighting itself.

Punching-anon, why do you fight?
>>
>>48384133
Works best in a combo, honestly if you get the highlord level crafting you could pull of a pretty good cherish from worm (Take a drink) with water for reading emotions, metal for controlling your own and fire/earth for controlling others
>>
>>48384150
I'd say Meltdowner is more the most extreme combat one since Imagine Breaker has a fair number of utility uses too. It does have very limited combat use as crude shielding, but Clairvoyance also has limited combat use in finding enemy positions (Like the canon user does), bypassing concealment and possibly combat precog.
>>
Rolled 322, 187 = 509 (2d605)

>>48384104
>>48384150
Really, people may shit on clairvoyance, for not being readly fight-capable like the other powers. But considering the sheer escalation between levels, I would not be surprised if its level 5 was basically Path to Victory.
>>
>>48384208
You're really exaggerating the difference. Massively.
>>
>>48384208
There's one person in this thread who likes to downplay all powers, sadly. He's gonna try an say Clairvoyance can't do such and such because that'd be 'too good' in his opinion despite his opinion not really having basis in the jump. He's pretty sad.
>>
>>48384225
Clairvoyance is a great power with a lot of uses. Saying level 5 isn't going to be actual Path to Victory isn't saying it's useless.
>>
>>48384231
>Taking comparisons literally, even if prefaced with basically
You know this means you're probably actually autistic right? Not even as a generic insult, not being able to understand things beyond the most obvious level is a symptom.

You also aren't going to have any basis for any limitation you're going to try and come up with that's not "But it doesn't answer questions."
>>
>>48384208
I wouldn't go that far.
It's pretty amazing, and with Malleable Reality you might get some pretty weird shit going on for Clairvoyance level 5, put not PtV.

Hell, it might not even be on the level of the buyable version in jump.
>>
>>48384243
Well, go on then. Explain how your suggestion differs from Path to Victory? Is it going to be like the version in the Worm jump? It is just going to be normal precognition? Or are you just going to scream and attack me without explaining yourself or justifying your answer?
>>
>>48384251
The buyable version gives you hints to solve a situation, it's not even actual clairvoyance. Using Clairvoyance in most situations should return better results as long as you know how to use it, since you need to actively observe timelines yourself instead of getting an answer back.

>>48384254
What 'justification' are you talking about? Look at what the jump says for it at Level 5, it looks into the future. What argument do you think anon was trying to make? Do you know what a comparison is?
>>
>>48384257
>'Basically Path to Victory' translates to seeing the future
Do you even know what Path to Victory is?
>>
>>48384268
>to ONLY seeing the future*

Of course I'd miss the most important word in the sentence. Fucking mobile.
>>
>>48384268
Do you even know what a comparison is?

Let me contrast two statements for you. Anon said:

>Basically bath to victory.

Which is a comparison. In contrast, what you think he said is:

>Literally path to victory.

If this was true, you'd have a leg to stand on, because anon didn't compare the two but directly said one is the same as the other.

Do you see your error?
>>
>>48384276
No no anon, you still have yet to explain how you consider someone saying 'basically path to victory' translates to them saying 'you can see the future'.

Here's a tip moron, PtV is so much more then seeing the future. That's very commonly known in these threads.
>>
>>48384243
>You also aren't going to have any basis for any limitation you're going to try and come up with that's not "But it doesn't answer questions."
The jump description reads like Clairvoyance would actually be closer to a discount version of Dinah Alcott's precog, with greater 'at range' applications (for looking at objects/people along their timeline) and weaker hard calculations.
>>
>>48384286
I already told you, my sorry autistic friend, that he made a comparison. Two things do not have to literally match to work for a comparison. Here is an example:

>My dog is so big that he's basically a bear.

Does this mean that I am saying my dog is the exact same as a bear? Or am I making a comparison to a bear?

>>48384290
Just doesn't say anything about how your precog works in that sense, so I doubt it runs on 'calculations'. Or rather, you don't have to assume it's a computer that tells you what to do, and not literally future sight. Nor the reverse.
>>
>>48384276
No, actually, let's do it your way.

So he's comparing level 5 Clairvoyance and Path to Victory. Sure. Path to Victory is perfect precognition that perfectly guides your body to do exactly the right thing to achieve the goal you want. It's only flaws are certain beings are immune and it has to be physically possible, even if the actual chance is almost nil, for you to do something.

So tell me how that's an equal comparison, perfect precognition and perfect guide to your body doing what it needs to, to level 5 Clairvoyance.
>>
>>48384303
>Path to Victory is perfect precognition that perfectly guides your body to do exactly the right thing to achieve the goal you want.
Not the one you can buy senpai
>>
>>48384301
Sorry moron, but he was describing what he believed a power to be like at a certain level.

It's like if someone said their dog was as big as a mountain when it wasn't. And then people told them that was silly. And then some random guy appears and starts screaming at the second guy because, despite the comparison actually being vastly beyond what it is being compared to, it is apparently wrong and horrible to point that out.
>>
>>48384309
Adorable. When was it ever said that that was what we were talking about?
>>
>>48384318
Must you frame ever disagreement with you as screaming? It's like you're getting personally offended.

>Someone said their dog is as big as a mountain
Normally, this is hyperbole. If someone is telling you off for taking that literally, it's because you can't understand subtext.

>>48384328
Cheeky. When did he say he was talking about Contessa's version?
>>
Does anyone else sometimes get the vibe that some people are basically... fanboys, for some settings? You often times get these oddly defensive and hostile posts where people go out of their way to spit venom at anyone questioning the power of their favorite property.
>>
File: smile.jpg (13KB, 236x200px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
13KB, 236x200px
>>48383915
Looking over the last couple of threads I've had a change of heart re: Overlord. I'll still be keeping the build's fluff but it's time for a redo:

Drawback: Rival Guild (1600)

Rolled The Fortress City, E-Rantel

Local, Age 31

Angel (1300)

Innate talents: Enhanced Healing Magic (Free)

Level One Hundred (700)
The Realm of Heroes (Free)
Class Skills, Magic Caster: Divine Caster (Free)
The Abyss of Magic (400)
Dark Wisdom (200)
The Ring of Elru (200+200=400) (0)

Ironically, much like Momonga I'm partly doing stuff for RP reasons, to fit with the whole legend-made-sorta-real gimmick. Couple of oddball things like Elru and Dark Wisdom to emphasise how my existence is sorta a glitch from the impact of YGGDRASIL beings in the New World, only having Divine Caster as well as the Angel background to better reflect what I represent/embody.

Also, a while ago I asked Brellin about a hypothetical equal and opposite to Ainz's certain kill skill-let's call it The Goal of All Death Is Life. So it would delay healing/restoration spells by 12 seconds, but allow them to ignore other mystic effects stopping them from happening.

And I...vaguely remember someone saying TGOALID can kill things that aren't even alive, or something? I have no idea what that means for my anti-TGOALID skill.

Since such a skill probably wouldn't have taken place in the YGGDRASIL MMO some of the prerequisite choices he mandated had to be made to fluff it from the local system of magic.

>>48383915
I like being the greatest healer ever. Almost all my other angel powers (SMT, Supernatural, the racist kind from Aion) make me super great at restoring and protecting things. It partly fit my whole Stasis shtick way back by enabling to do spells to restore things back to the way they used to be.

...hmm. I wonder if you can tweak that one ritual from Generic Sugarbowl to be able to heal entire worlds without needing a bunch of friends around?
>>
Does anybody have the Ravenloft update? I forgot to save it.
>>
>>48384345
No, not really. I think some people just naturally get into arguments more often. Certain settings just promote arguments, same with certain jumps. A place like Raildex, where the in universe mechanics are fairly confusing/obscure, coupled with the jump not being clear on some stuff, is like a breeding ground for arguments.
>>
>>48383805
That is how I read it.
>>
File: 1468767649736.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1468767649736.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48384347
If it's not in uploads, it's probably a good idea to drop it there.

I'm too lazy to make a google account.
>>
>>48384368
It's in there now.
>>
>>48384345
Eh, only Naruto and Bleach to be honest. Everything else is just /tg/ being autists.

Well, except Worm. I put THAT one down to a) a combination of some of us being from SB (yes, yes-boogeyman accusations aside I accept quite a few folks here hail from somewhere else) and b) lots of people being the opposite of a fandom where they like to criticise parts of the story.

When the Nasuverse, DC and Raildex are brought up it seems to be more about powerlevel/survival/"how do I kill" discussions which are a fairly JC-specific concern. That said at least the Nasuverse's ostensible ties to mythology and sheer ridiculousness mean there are other reasons to talk about it at least and I personally find the lore interesting, at least the lore in the early works before spinoffs like GO and Extra upped the powerwanking by a thousandfold

I got into Type-Moon because of the mediation on death and inevitability themes the early works sold hard; it might've been edgier and more pretentious than a Linkin Park album but it's still sad to see at one point Nasu seemed to harbor aspirations of being a legitimate novelist, and now Type-Moon's all about shitty fanservice
>>
>>48384392
We can blame what's-his-face, his partner, who convinced him to put in sex scenes to get the VNs to sell. If not for that he'd be a lot more obscure, but he'd probably be producing things with themes and purposes he likes instead of farming idiots who like waifus with bad to decent designs and godAWFUL personalities.
>>
>>48384214
>>48384251
Maybe. Maybe not.

It's kinda hard to tell since most level 5s are 'unique'. I'm kinda basing it on what we've seen from the Misakas.

Compare most clones (level 2), to Last Order (level 3), to WORST (level 4), to Railgun. The growth rate seems pretty exponential here.

I guess actual PtV may be a bit too far, but I think it could at least pull the 'search for best future, see how to get there' part. Might be wrong. What could the canon equivalents do again?

Also, not to shit on Reploid or anything, but among the lv5 descriptions we had "God of Motion" (which is really fucking vague, and I at first though meant 'Accelerator') and "4 beams". And that's before MR makes everything even more fanwank-y.

>>48384309
That was not what I was refering to. I was talk about the 'see perfect future, see what to do'. Not the perfect motions to achieve it. You know, kinda like how people assumed Worm jump's PtV worked at first. "See the Path", "Walk the Path" thing. That.

Thought >>48384290 might have the actual right idea on how it should work, probably.

But, you know, whatever. It's fuckinng dawn here already, captcha is being a bitch. I'm gonna go to sleep. See ya all later.
>>
>>48384405
If not for that he might not be producing anything at all. Gotta remember, this is how he earns a living. Not everyone's just in it for the art alone.
>>
>>48384425
Well anon dear, I can say that he might have been a moderately successful LN writer otherwise. We can't know. However, we know he never actually tried out his original ideas for the series, and we know now that the only things he makes are empty wank bait. This is the reality we're in, and everything else is speculation. However, for my own principles, I like the idea of people actually trying out their dreams instead of giving up on them before they even began.
>>
File: startled.jpg (24KB, 459x279px) Image search: [Google]
startled.jpg
24KB, 459x279px
Been agonising over it for ages and I'm still undecided.

Guys, d'you think Ring of Elru is more worthwhile than Specific Specialisation: Summoning and Warding? I'm wondering if I should ditch the Ring for it.

>>48384405
Takeuchi a shit. A SHIT.

And you're not wrong, but to be fair-wasn't KnK a big hit when it came out? And there wasn't much fanservice at all there, yet Shiki keeps getting shoved into Fate spinoffs.
>>
>>48384413
I bet MR could turn Level 5 into a reality search bar.

For me I think the original power is just "Look into the future, see what's there.", but hey, it's vague so we can assume what we want.
>>
>>48384413
I can only imagine that 'God of Motion' doesn't make you equal to even start of series Accelerator, since he'd been growing in power for some time until then due to that project and effortlessly thrashes other Level 5s. It's kind of what I mentioned a little above about the jump not being clear on some stuff.

>>48384436
Try being less of a condescending dickhole maybe mate. Personally, I'm fine with trying to find the good in what he makes now instead of just hating it and wishing he did something else. Is his current stuff very good? Nope. It's mostly trash. But every now and then there's still something interesting.

At the very least, it's means I'd enjoy myself more then if I just did what you do.
>>
>>48384444
I don't like summoning so I vote for anything else.
>>
>>48384457
You call me condescending, but you have a real sense about you of declaring that I'm doing/thinking things wrong, which is a lot more hostile than me just calling you 'dear'.
>>
>>48384196
>since Imagine Breaker has a fair number of utility uses too
It also disables your luck perks outside combat, and gives you bad luck that'll make you miserable. It's worse than useless for utility stuff, since it also doesn't work on anything too powerful, like any magical artifact you need it to destroy, and still fucks up your own supernatural stuff.
>>
>>48384471
>it also doesn't work on anything too powerful,
True.
>like any magical artifact you need it to destroy
What? The only thing we've seen it have trouble with are full powered magic gods.
>>
>>48384444
Considering what can you summon through the Overlord magic system, yes.

Most of the World Items are not really worth that much anyway. A Divine set gear will give you similar buffs because is tailor made for you, and most of the other effects are replicarle through other perks.

The buffs that come from specific specializations on the other hand,aren't.

Also, you can always try to 'borrow' a few WI to duplicate them with something like Cheat Mode and then return them to their owners.
>>
>>48384471
Not really why I said that. We were talking about how the powers are arranged on a utility to combat scale, not how good any one of the powers. Your comment on it being worse then useless for utility stuff also applies to combat, since it won't work on anything too powerful there either. All my comment was meant to do was say that I thought the scale had Clairvoyance at the utlity end and Meltdowner, not Imagine Breaker, at the combat end. Imagine Breaker to me is the outlier.
>>
>>48384387
Do you also have Adventure Time and Nwod Mortal? Neither of those got in either.

>>48384457
Yeah, I know, but still. God of Motion. It has never really been an issue since I can't think of anyone who took telekinesis, but come on, that tells you less than nothing.
>>
>>48384490
I know your pain. Much as I like how the Railgun jump looks, I often wish it wasn't imaged/was imaged another way so we could have gotten more detail on each level of the power, rather then having it all squeezed into a little header.
>>
>>48367929
In the Overlord LN jump is the Bracelet of Arnessa intended to physically resemble a bracelet (jewellery) or a bracer (arm guard)? And is it and the ring and anklets actual world items in the LN or were they created just to be representative of such items for the jump?
>>
>>48384497
The white on orange palette doesn't help, either.
>>
>>48384515
Nah, that's one of the things I like. Fits the series too from what I can gather or at least it's logo.
>>
File: kuroglare.png (60KB, 704x478px) Image search: [Google]
kuroglare.png
60KB, 704x478px
>>48384457
>every now and then there's still something interesting

This is the part that hurts me the most. Because that's so right; every now and then the man DOES come up with something brilliant, it just happens to be buried under a heap of trash.

Hollow Ataraxia had nice character studies for Servants not trying to kill each other, a great narrative premise for expanding on what Avenger/Angra Mainyu was actually like as a person (even if they made him the franchise's only Shirouclone) and a pleasantly bittersweet ending. I actually appreciate how he tried to blend scifi and myth in Extra and the whole theme of love in all its' forms in CCC, both of which also have some great master-Servant interactions; it's just a same the most memorable events are fanservice-y. Heck, even Prisma Illya had some hype fights with a sense of actual danger (first season anyway; second two were filler trash. The final showdown with Gil /barely/ reaches the quality of season 1) and from what little I heard the manga's gone to quite an interesting AU premise.

I don't suppose I need to list the flaws of all of those for y'all but-yeah. Something something diamonds and mud, I guess.

BB's Grail in CCC gives me a fucking headache is particularly atrocious, though. It's a real grail BECAUSE IT'S A FAKE GRAIL. Nasu must've been having himself a real giggle there

>>48384480
You're right. I'd been juggling an idea for how one could safely commune with Dungeon Dimensioners/Inferno entities safely, but it's too unwieldly to pass muster for me. Doing that.

Local, Age 31

Angel (1300)

Innate talents: Enhanced Healing Magic (Free)

Level One Hundred (700)
The Abyss of Magic (400)
Dark Wisdom (200)
Specific Specialisation: Warding, Summoning (0)
Divine Tier Equipment (+200) (0)
>>
>>48384482
In combat, it at least stops shutting off your luck perks, so the worst it'd be is useless.
>>
>>48384554
>Only shirouclone
Nope. Amakusa Shirou/Ruler from Apocrypha.
>>
>>48384497
If it helps, some of us are fucking nerds who actually like raildex as a setting and know how it works after consuming all translated media of the series, and doing an extended wiki crawl.
>>
>>48384554
>the franchise's only Shirouclone
Hahahaha.
>>
>>48384444
>Guys, d'you think Ring of Elru is more worthwhile than Specific Specialisation: Summoning and Warding? I'm wondering if I should ditch the Ring for it.
Why choose, take both.
Summoning specialization
Summoning innate talent.
Ring of Elru to boost summons (other magic is just gravy)

Mainly I choose those to stack on the Darksiders Angel Perk to summon other angels. Decided that all the stacked summon buffs, meant the angels I were summoning were more like Arch angels, and the new ability they had was they had the summon angel squad perk themselves.

Basically became a signature Overranked "Summon Celestial Legion" Spell.
>>
>>48384571
>Angel Summoner Build
BMX Bandit Optional
>>
>>48384413
>>48384446
It's worth noting that 'calculative ability' is something refereed to constantly in raildex as one of the most important determinants of how strong a persons ability is.
>>
>>48384564
Christ, you're back again? We get it, you like to boast about reading a wiki. Go away already.
>>
>>48384554
>love in all its' forms in CCC
And about how it all involves cheating on you with your assistant I guess?
>>
File: disappoint.png (261KB, 824x560px) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.png
261KB, 824x560px
>>48384561
>>48384568
...fug.

Thought his identity would be different enough, but I guess it's like Arturia and Jeanne in a way.

>>48384571
Unfortunately I ain't made of CP, Brellin did say I need Angel and Level 100 for my custom skill and I'm pretty sure I wanna hang on to Abyss to be able to supercharge other spells.

I did forget the effectively free summoning spec though, hang on-

Local, Age 31

Angel (1300)

Innate talents: Enhanced Healing Magic, Enhanced Summoning (Free)

Level One Hundred (700)
The Abyss of Magic (400)
Dark Wisdom (200)
>>
>>48384607
>We
You aren't the thread.
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>48384591
Well yeah, that's because most of the powers rely on you doing math to be able to hit people or redirect things.
>>
>>48384615
Yes we get it, you're bitter and pathetic. Nobody cares.
>>
>>48384622
Don't feed the obvious troll.
>>
>>48384625
>Nobody cares.
This is true, but if you're that 'we get it' guy above I kinda want to point you to >>48384622 , though at the same time, this is probably one of the few times you're right.
>>
>>48384642
I wasn't the "we get it" guy. Sorry for the confusion.

That said, now that I think about it-you're right, it is pretty applicable to almost any topic on this site.
>>
Speaking of nWOD, how bad are the demons from Demonology in the nWOD Mortal jump anyway?
>>
>>48384616
>Angel and Level 100 for my custom skill
What is your custom skill?

Also, you are forgetting Alchemy is also free for you.

>Drawback: Rival Guild (1600)
Seal Out of Jump powers for +200 CP more, With Hetero+Realm+Lv 100, you are already the most powerful PC on the planet...

>Dark Wisdom (200)
Of you already have a Spell Conversion Perk, you can do a lot with adding more Base Classes to have plain unfair Multiclass combinations and have just as many spells probably.

Arcane Magic + Divine + Talismongering or Spiritualist = how many different spell lists.

Or Add Magical Powerhouse to superpower Abyss of Magic.

100 CP in a Warrior Base class to have crazy warrior overrank skills as well.
>>
>>48381344
So, what I'm getting is that there are conglomerate Furies of every level, that naturally form due to large concentrations of uniform elements in one location.

Breaking them down or altering them significantly causes them to break down into smaller ones.

There are also the personal Furies which follow different rules.

Gathering Furies into a conglomerate isn't making them into a new one, since the constitute Furies always existed and continue to exist, and can always be broken apart or folded into something larger. Alera is technically specking a conglomerate Fury of the entire Aleran nation, who has authority over other Furies in the territory, but because those Furies continue to exist at all, she probably isn't the conglomeration of all the Furies in the Alera nation, just a conglomeration of various Furies from all around the Aleran nation. She still however is the spirit of the whole of the nation.
>>
File: gawking.png (343KB, 768x621px) Image search: [Google]
gawking.png
343KB, 768x621px
>>48384724
>Alchemy is also free

Bother, such is the curse of the speed reader.

Local, Age 31

Angel (1300)

Innate talents: Enhanced Healing Magic, Enhanced Summoning, Alchemy (Free)

Level One Hundred (700)
The Abyss of Magic (400)
Dark Wisdom (200)

>Seal out of Jump powers

Point of order-I am not, in fact, a PC. I am basically the spiritual imprint of one, but technically a native of the New World; kinda like Fake Assassin in F/SN. And nah, can't say I think the benefits outway the costs for that; I'd still need 400 CP flat for the Ring.

>Spell Conversion

I do, but I like some redundancy in my magic conversion abilities for research purposes.

Thanks to other perks my mystic reserves are quite sufficient by this point anyway.

Eh, don't really think the warrior base is my shtick.
>>
>>48384796
>Spell Conversion
Can tell me some?
>>
>>48384571
There is a spell summon pantheon that does that.
>>
>>48384849
And it can summon min/maxed lvl 90 angels of the highest sphere (higher than archangels).

And there are tier 10th spells that summon armies of angels or demons.
>>
262. Mahou Sensei Negima
Origin: Drop-In, Magister, Age: 12
Perk: Talented [Astronomy], Pactio [Argit], Magic (-200), Gift of the Thousand Master (-800)
Argit's Artifact: Tengu No Kakuremino

>Been there.
>Been there.
>Been there.
>Reapers blew that place to shit.
>Been there.
>Oh neat, the Kerykeion is signaling
>Been there...

The Astronomy Club called me weird a lot, but with Negi gone to Mars with the class, I had to find some way to occupy my time. So I let them watch the surface of Mars explode several times over on a high powered telescope waiting for him to come back. We charted the new ways water would flow along the surface. The girls really loved it, at least. Different weirdos than the ones that went to space.

They thought I was adorable, though, and I think they mostly came to pet my fluff.
>>
Is there anyway to make a few of the OC girl companions guys or without forcibly changing their gender?
>>
>>48384849
>>48384944
A Darksiders Archangel is not the same thing as a Overlord Archangel At all.
>>
>>48383051
The Jump is already a massive powergrab. You don't need more power.
>>
Is there any way to merge companions in jumpchain?

I asked this a few threads ago and was banking on using FF15 echo stuff for it, but that only seems capable of merging yourself with one other person.
>>
>>48385092
SBURB alchemization can do that I think
>>
File: 1446367044165.png (188KB, 414x415px) Image search: [Google]
1446367044165.png
188KB, 414x415px
>>48385092
> Is there any way to merge companions in jumpchain?
Sure is! Just go to Undertale. Import everyone as a monster. Inject them with Determination.

Lock them in a room together.
>>
>>48385086
The Path to Power on Overlord is to be a Local.

All these comments are about making it so not everyone takes Local because it gives more power.

You are an idiot.
>>
>>48385150
So the sensible thing to do would be nerf local, not buff Player.
>>
>>48385092
Aquaria has a perk that lets you merge with them. Combine that with your method of choice for giving Companions your perks, or just keep them inside you.
>>
>>48385190
You know other people can enjoy playing things in a different way than you do right? If you're complaining about jumps being too high power it's not necessary to take it you know?
>>
>>48385231
You know other people can enjoy playing things in a different way than you do right? If you're complaining about jumps being too low power it's not necessary to take it you know?
>>
>>48385190
>So the sensible thing to do would be nerf local, not buff Player.
Or we do the thing that does not mess up all the jumps people already made, you silly turd.

Some jumps are just more high powered than others. Overlord is high powered by nature of the source material.

Suck it up, stop being a crybaby, and Learn to Deal.
>>
>>48385097
Not really. It could maybe create combinations of the two companions. But it doesn't actually absorb the two, as use their data to create something new.

Essentially, you'd be giving them an artificial Alchemized kid.
>>
>>48385245
Why not tell >>48383051 to stop being a crybaby? He's the one who's upset about the power balance. I proposed a solution.

Jeez, it really is just a power thing, isn't it? "I want this stronger waaaaah!" is constructive feedback, but even mention something being weaker and you loons crawl out of the woodwork.
>>
>>48385243
Exactly! I'll do it that way and you can do it the other. Glad we could come to an agreement
>>
>>48385284
Then stop complaining that Overlord is too low-powered.
>>
he's the shitposter, stop responding.
>>
>>48385303
I'm not the guy who wanted the changes, just kind of annoyed that you're insisting on nerfing things to suit your style of play.
>>
>>48385312
I'm not insisting on nerfing anything, though. Man, you must really hate strawmen.
>>
>>48385264
>Why not tell >>48383051 to stop being a crybaby? He's the one who's upset about the power balance. I proposed a solution.

Because there is a difference between "Making two jump patch equivalent in utility"

And "You know that series of Light Novels that is about the effects of someone Godlike powerful dropped in a Medieval Setting, with the Godlike being as Protagonist? I want to totally change that, because I am a whiny little shit.

I want this to be all the worst parts of D&D's Faerun setting, where they are NOT allowed to be equal in power to the Author Insert character, so they can just stand back and watch the plot unfold around them for 10 years without being an important part of it."
>>
>>48385335
> So the sensible thing to do would be nerf local, not buff Player.
>>
>>48385343
You really hate strawmen too, don't you? Feel free to stop beating them any time. I'm not calling for him to get rid of Level 100 or anything like that, I'm just saying if the two backgrounds aren't equivalent, maybe you should take away the free massive power boost and tons of cheap power boosts one gets instead of adding more massive power boosts to make them equivalent. Make RoH a discount instead of a freebie, make them only get one discounted talent instead of unlimited. Balanced Jump, no nerfing into oblivion.

It's OK, I know you're bad at reading. I'll forgive you.
>>
>>48385354
See >>48385354. I'm not the one calling for a change here. But if we do have a change, it should be down and not up.
>>
>>48384742
Hey, makes sense to me. You can have a "forest spirit" while every tree still has it's own spirit. Chop down one tree and the forest is ok (if ever so slightly weaker), and it kills that individual tree spirit/ breaks it down into constitute parts too small to have sentience.
>>
>>48385381
Why? Can you give any reason other than because you said so?
>>
>>48385381
Yeah, no, fuck off. The jump is balanced to the setting. Player is weaker than Local, it deserves a buff, and discussion of a nerf is to be dismissed outright.
>>
>>48385381
You aren't an authority on anything. Don't act like one.
>>
Because we talked about Railgun, here is a question about accelerator.

Is time stop basically his hard counter? I mean, it affects everything, isn't really targeting him specifically and unlike other powers he would have incredible difficulty even attempting to learn how to apply his power to it because A, it doesn't work that way and B. He is unaware of time inside frozen time, so he can't study it
>>
>>48385395
Because the Player build can already be equal to or stronger than Momonga. Therefore, if the local can be even stronger than that, there's no sense in adjusting Player up further.

>>48385403
Yeah, no, fuck off. The jump is balanced to he setting. Local is stronger than Player, it deserves a nerf, and discussion of a buff is to be dismissed outright.
>>
>>48385413
Well, yes?

I mean, there's a kind of noise that is too, in-universe. Disrupts AIM abilities apparently. He still got around it but he had to throw heavy things from outside its' range.
>>
Reminder that Team Mystic is trash and eats babies
Team Instinct is for submissive loner pussies who enjoy getting shafted wherever they go
Team Valor is for true Pokemon Trainers who catch them all
>>
>>48385410
I'm not. I'm providing my opinion on the subject.

Maybe it's time to take your advice. You don't speak for the thread, you know. I know you named your pillow "thread consensus," but speaking for it isn't the same as actually speaking for the thread.
>>
>>48385413
His hard counter is just knowing where his AIM field is. Mastering the Kihara punch is all you need. Even a clairvoyant can beat him by knowing the details of the AIM field. By punching the AIM field (where his no-sell is) and pulling your hand back as you touch it, your hand will then bypass the fied and fuck up his shit. Accelerator is physically realy weak due to the reliant on his powers.
>>
>>48385435
This is truth.
>>
>>48385435
But babies are delicious.
>>
>>48385435
Pokemon Go jump when?
>>
>>48385413
a more mundane weakness is that he said he would need external oxygen if something like a nuke burnt it locally soif you can facilitate that and he doesn't have a canister on hand he's fucked.
>>
>>48385454
No, wrong. If that was all it was, he could adjust easily. You'd know that if you read the series or knew what you were talking about. When someone tries just that technique, without having intimate knowledge of how Accelerator's power works and more importantly, how accelerator himself uses it and reacts to things, his arm just got dislocated with no damage to Accel.
>>
>>48385470
We already have a Shadowrun Jump.
>>
>>48385366
>>48385381
>I'm not the one calling for a change here. But if we do have a change, it should be down and not up.

The thing is, adding discounts to Player to be even does not change the power level of the jump, it just makes the Player choice if the Local or Player fork about the same as local.

But nerfing the existing Local Path would both lower the Power level of the jump (and it is pretty obvious this is intended to allow a high powered jumper) and fuck up all the builds already made (because a lot of people DID choose Local because it gave more power)

One change makes the Jump consistent within itself, the other is just a nerf because you think the jump is OP and BadWrongFun.

You say you are not a strawman, but you are the guy saying "Saiyan Race in Dragon Ball is to OP, all the power wankers take it, Why not make them choose between Yamcha and Krellin instead for ten years. Because I feed sad thinking that they might be Super Saiyan's"
>>
>>48385470
kys
>>
>>48385487
Stop responding to him. It's bait.
>>
>>48385092
Is there really nothing else?
>>
>>48377829
To SJ dude what the fuck are you thinking? 72 random people can follow you from jump to jump? And they arent even bound to the location so they cannot leave? God man NO just NO.

Ascetic living is way way to meta and powergamey and needs a complete redo.

Giving companions that get free cp and free perk lines for no cost in other jumps? Have you totally fucking lost it? I mean seriously are you joking? This thing reads like one big How not to make a jump!
>>
>>48385499
Ask again next thread. People are too busy right now shitposting and biting the bait to engage in real conversation.
>>
>>48385478
>If you knew what you were talking about

Lets not assume anon. Thats why I said. Clairvoyant could do it, Kihara could do it and he was a human. So if you KNEW how he did it, had superior reaction speeds(Jumpchain has tons), and utilized at least level 4 clairvoyance to tepl you the details of the AIM, you could definitely do it.
>>
>>48385501
Fuck off. You're the same guy that pushed this shit last thread, no one agrees with you no matter how many times you bring it back up, and parading your shit as if multiple people believe in it.
>>
>>48385487
Ah, you were doing so well, then you had to strawman. What I'm actually saying is "you're already on the level of Mononga, you don't have to be strong enough to beat Touch Me in a one on one fight without breaking a sweat." The fellow who made the Jump already posted Momonga's build, and it's eminently doable as a Player already. So you're asking for more than the setting offers, and I'm arguing for reducing things down to the point where you're Goku instead of someone who makes him look like Krillin.
>>
>>48385499
1: Why are you combine different, unique people into a combined horror? Do you hate you companions, or think they are interchangeable components?

2: Take Venture Bros Jump, and Super science, place all companions heads on same body. Make them one of 13 Council Members of Guild of Calamitous Intent. Pass Guild Resolution they only count as one Council Member.
>>
>>48385532
Put your trip back on on bancho.
>>
>>48385521
Did you even read the damn pdf? I just did. It give for 200 cp a building that can bring 72 people along with you through jumps. It gives 2 companions that get 800 cp worth of free perks in future jumps. It lets you power up perks by not using an arbitrary number of other perks, explain how any of this is a good idea?

Also I wasnt here for the last thread I was trying to get caught up.
>>
>>48385501
Yeah, I was really digging it, but there's still some design choices which are so far beyond questionable they go into "what were you thinking?" territory. I'll probably just go for the Enlightened background and punch people into righteousness.
>>
>>48385521
>No one agrees
>Every criticism so far on the jump has been the same three things
Yeah man, they all just the same anon. No way it might be valid criticism.
>>
>>48385541
Dude he's baiting you, literally nobody liked that shit last thread.
>>
>>48385544
>I can't check Post-timers
>I can't read the unique ip counter
They are all one guy and he's the same shitposter as always.
>>
>>48385544
If I agree with you, it's thread consensus.

If I disagree with you, you're samefagging.

If I agree with you, it's valid criticism.

If I disagree with you, it's shitposting.

Embrace the doublethink, anon. War is Peace, Slavery is Freedom, Ignorance is Strength, Jumpchain is trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls.
>>
>>48385543
Other than those three things I really like the jump too, those thing just kinda ruin it for me. Anyway I have said my piece, I just won't be taking that stuff.
>>
>>48385557
>using post timers as an excuse
>Three people, all within the same minute, agreeing on the same thing
Yeaaaaah. Bet you're gonna say we're on our phones next huh?
>>
>>48385554
>Dude he's baiting you, literally nobody liked that shit last thread.
There was overwhelming support in favor of it as it stood, stop lying to push your narrative.
>>
>>48385501
SJ's gone for a while (I think it was 30 hours?). Probably best to bring it up when he's back tomorrow, not much chance of him seeing this thread.

But yeah. Pretty much what you're saying.
>>
>>48385574
Really? Guess those posts must have been deleted or something because for the life of me I can't seem them.
>>
>>48385574
Ever notice how the people who want to push for unlimited power are always frothing assholes? Why do we cater to them again?
>>
>>48385582
I can, and so can anyone else if they actually bother to go back to the last fucking thread and read it. You have no ground to stand on when the evidence is in plain view of everyone.
>>
>>48384796
>Alchemy is also free
>Slimes and Magic Caster origins get a discount onthis talent,
>Slimes with the Magic Caster origin get this for free.

You're not a Slime, ASA.

>>48385117
>tfw I absorbed two of my 'freebie' companions to gain human SOULs.
>>
>>48385589
Because your ilk is just as shitty if not worse.
>>
>>48385590
Yeah, I went back. And I see very little actual responses to the jump that are not an argument about the companions that get extra CP, which SJ says he intends to continue when he gets off his flight. The few other posts that even respond to the jump are just mentioning how they like some perks.

You're full of shit man. I'm sorry, it sounds like an awful medical condition.
>>
>>48385590
I just went back to the thread, there are literally no posts saying this is a good idea.
>>
>>48385574
I see only one post defending those three things, with the exception of SJ himself. It's also literally two words long.

Sure, there's support for the jump itself, but not those three.
>>
>>48385601
>>48385607
>>48385609
Your shitposting isn't going to get anything changed, no matter how much you lie and bully out jumpmakers. Fuck off.
>>
>>48385623
It's sad to see people like you claim to support jumpmakers, when all you do is use their names as a shield so you can keep throwing shit at people.
>>
>>48385623
Link any of the posts saying this is a good idea then.
>>
>>48385599
Locals get discount on all Innate Talents, and a 2nd discount makes it free for them.
>>
>>48385600
Keep track of the number of times someone starts a shitstorm, anon. The times when someone calls someone else a shitposter out of the blue, or responds to a valid complaint with a demand the other person fuck off and/or die. It's not a guarantee, but the overwhelming majority of the time it's a powerwanker. You actively make the thread toxic, and I sincerely long for the day when things start being made weaker so you'll leave.
>>
File: thumbs up from batman.gif (351KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up from batman.gif
351KB, 500x420px
>>48385019
>Been there...
Okay, I laughed.
>>
>>48385599
Locals get Innate Talents discounted

Magic Caster is a second discount

2 discounts=Free
>>
>>48385643
>>48385634
Oh, I thought that the discount was already on use when you took the freebie.
>>
Speaking of Overlord, I can't decide whether to go for Personal Inventory (extra large, 100cp) or an additional Innate Talent (golden mind or magic learning affinity, 100cp). Or I could ditch the Bracelet of Arnessa and have all three. Any suggestions/opinions?
>>
>>48385675
The WI is great for saving your ass from in jump mindrape.

The PI is easily gained elsewhere, as is IT: GM.

Grab the IT: MLA
>>
>>48385675
If you already have the immunities the Bracer offers, go for the talents. Don't pay attention to TGoALiD, Jump-Chan perks and items are higher level than World-Tier items.
Thread posts: 514
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.