[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you do monks? I prefer arbiters of the peace types, sort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: monk-christian.jpg (11KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
monk-christian.jpg
11KB, 266x190px
How do you do monks?
I prefer arbiters of the peace types, sort of like a spiritual police who will decimate demons and deamons who dare enter their protected village.
In my campaign, they carry cloth wrapped rods of wood, which they use like chimes to signal where they are, and to dispense holy water. When confronted, this allows me to do a couple of things.
First bulshit what ever they had to be whatever manuever weapon i need it to be, and secondly, to deal non lethal blows so as to not tpk my players, who are all on a evil campaign.
>>
>>48376699
How does wood wrapped in cloth chime?

Second, what the fuck are you even saying? proofread before posting, please.
>>
>>48376699
Eastern Orthodox (Pravoslavnyj) Saints.
Who are mostly Slavic folklore heroes slightly repainted to better suit the new faith.
>>
>>48376771

He said "like chimes", not that they literally chime. Presumably they clack when shaken or banged together.

The rest of his post was easy to understand. He's saying the wrapped wood is easy to bullshit (i.e fudge, improvise) as whatever weapon he wants for that combat, and that it delivers non-lethal blows that won't kill his players.
>>
>>48376699
In the current campaign the monastic orders are all that is left of the government.
>>
Jackie Chan except bald
>>
>>48376699
I go to school with a bunch and see them around
They're actually pretty noisy and rowdy
>>
>>48376863
depends on the monk obviously, there have been a lot of these new age-y 'buddhist' monks who try to recruit college students
>>
>>48376839
This guy gets it, one part I left out is that later on, I will be applying holy oils and to them, and thus massively ramping up the difficulty.
>>
>>48376699

Friend of mine subscribed to the "money has no meaning to chaotic neutral characters" point of view. I said that was bullshit and any alignment can have members who don't care about money. He challenged me to show how that would work for Lawful Evil so this is what I came up with:

LE society of monks who have a monastery stronghold in a rural area. They are devoted to meditation and mastering their combat arts, and consider material desires to be a corrupting weakness. They do all kinds of evil monk things like having to kill your superior to advance in rank, having aspirants fight deathmatches against each other to be allowed to join the society, performing human sacrifices, etc. They use the threat of torture and murder to extort food and any other goods they need from the surrounding villages.
>>
>>48376945
*and flame to them
>>
>>48376957
noice, will be adding to campaign as a small group starting out
>>
they fightm kung fu
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.