[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I took some suggestions, and finally get to present my progress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Cha-Sheet_Progress.jpg (664KB, 2475x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Cha-Sheet_Progress.jpg
664KB, 2475x3000px
So, I took some suggestions, and finally get to present my progress on my new Character Sheet.

What do you guys think?
>>
By the way, this is my first time using Photoshop. I honestly kinda hate this program for Text-based projects.
>>
It looks like every other D&D character sheet.

>>48372468
>Photoshop
Yeah that was a dumb idea. Illustrator or InDesign are much better options.
>>
>>48372468
>Photoshop
That's nice, dear. Now make it in LaTeX like a real man.
>>
File: Before.png (144KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Before.png
144KB, 1440x900px
>>48372478
>>48372512

Well, Photoshop was some other Anon's idea.

I started out with OpenOffice. This is how that turned out.
>>
I was planning on using Inkscape for a character sheet I wanted to make. How much better is latex?

Also, character sheet design thread?
>>
>>48372454
What system is this for? I like the idea of skill synergies.
>>
>>48373213
It's for D&D. I'm trying to modify 5th edition for better use.
>>
File: Raftfag.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Raftfag.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
Someone should post some cool Character sheets for D&D. I could always use some...

Inspiration.
>>
File: Stars Without Number.jpg (793KB, 1390x1179px) Image search: [Google]
Stars Without Number.jpg
793KB, 1390x1179px
Character sheet thread?

Here's one I'm working on in Google Sheets for Stars Without Number. For the record, Google Sheets fucking rocks for character sheets if you're playing online or (if you're like my group) with a bunch of laptops.

I'm also working on a "Master Sheet" that gives me a quick run-down of all the essential information for the PCs (AC, HP, etc), along with a bunch of drop-down fillable NPCs for encounter building.
>>
>>48372512
I love LaTeX for academic papers and shit, but how the fuck would you go about making a character sheet? Are is there a document class that makes that easy or something?
>>
>>48376316
It's a nice sheet, I dunno the game, but I feel like the skills should be simplified. Way too many different aspects. It's the only reason I didn't like 3.5E D&D.
>>
File: StarChuckle.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
StarChuckle.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>48372468
>>48372454
> using Photoshop for an InDesign Job (Paint.Net is a fair alternative).
> Why are you still using negative grays instead of boxes? It looks like ass and it can make reading/writing difficult.
> like seriously, what do you have against boxes?
> Max HP doesn't even get a line? Come on.
> If you're going to have ranks for skills you need a separate place to track them.
> Anything that can be expended (i.e. spell slots, Max HP vs. Current HP, Hit Dice, etc) needs a place to to track your max and how much you've expended.
> With that much empty space you could to proper Head/Body/R.Arm/etc gear tracking, but didn't.
> I hope that huge empty void is actually where the weapons an shit are supposed to go because WHOLLY FUCK is this a useless character sheet.
> Why the fuck is everything pressed up against the sides and corners? Put a fucking 0.25 border on that shit.
You took one great big step to the side without really moving forwards or backwards.
>>
File: Being a Fail.gif (490KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
Being a Fail.gif
490KB, 500x244px
>>48380336
I am trying my best, okay? I just want to make it look aesthetically pleasing, but Photoshop was really hard to work with.

I have an idea of how I'm going to do my character sheet now. I'll do equipment, items, personality, character image, and backstory on one page, and then Abilities, Stats, modifier totals, and magic on the second page. To keep appearances separate from combat.
>>
>>48372468
I use I for these things. Photoshop is not ideal for such projects.
>>
>>48372732
I make all of mine in Google docs.

Because then the sheets are on Google docs for me to see.
>>
>>48382740
Illustrator*
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.