[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ - Warhammer 4k RPG General Thread: How to not die like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: dh19_background_800x600.jpg (148KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dh19_background_800x600.jpg
148KB, 800x600px
MEGA Guy is still alive. And still can't seem to drop the third person thing.

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things formerly listed individually on this post.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.45.160417), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now containing some of the DH2 content up to the first supplement.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.6.0), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things. Now found in the Homebrew Megafolder.

Additional Resources:
Now found in the Homebrew Megafolder.

Old Thread:
>>48241064

(yeah, not the right picture. Maybe bug the admins to allow duplicates if the original hit bump limit.)
>>
https://discord.gg/FpVfNKp
remember the discord
>>
>>48350959
Remind me when this thread hits post limit, I'll add it in.
>>
How many headtubes does your character have?
>>
File: 1404847652479.jpg (251KB, 1242x993px)
1404847652479.jpg
251KB, 1242x993px
>>48349065
>Serious question, how do you consistently run Deathwatch for more than two sessions and not get bored?

As long thread is dying as well as to raise awareness how much fun Deathwatch can be, I'll answer here.

There is a lot going on in every session and my players are a marvel. Also, I suppose my campaign is also not as combat heavy as most other DW games as we happened to have 3-4 sessions in a row without combat.

I'd like to say it's because I try focus on political and social stuff (which is true), but not 100% accurate because it's mostly because the players keep screwing themselves over in hilarious way, such as described here https://warosu.org/tg/thread/44414737#p44415799

Also, very high power level takes a lot of mechanical issues off the table, allowing to focus on roleplay or doing cool metal stuff.
>>
Ideas for regiments with the primitive drawback.
>>
>>48351639
A Hive World Guerrilla regiment is the first thing I can think of, them scraping up the extremely lower hive and press ganging the ones that weren't mutants into the guard. Well practiced in fighting ambushes and the like, so things like Close Quarters Battle or Infiltrators

You could also take one of the drawbacks of them being watched by the priests, since many of them suspect them of being hard to spot mutants and doubt their devotion to the Emperor. Press Gang is another one you could go with, obviously.

Not sure what else you'd do with them, but that's off the top of my head.
>>
>>48351730
I'm just bored, I like making regiments, and my ideas for the primitive drawback keep going back to 'ooga boga where da orks at?'
>>
>>48351757
Another thing I can think of would be something similar to the world that showed up in one of the Dark Heresy games, where the population was kept at what amounted to the stone age while they mined, so they'd have essentially zero skills, but world's culture gives none of the normal advantages of a Feral of Feudal world.

So say mining colony with Primitive to reflect this stone age miners who've never seen any sort of technology except at a distance suddenly being mass recruited and sent off to fight. I'd personally also throw Condemmed on there to reflect the fact that they're regarded as nothing more than fodder, and no one has any expectation of them doing anything other than soaking rounds or Poorly Provisioned to reflect the fact that the nobility equipped them as little as possible.

Close Assault Regiment with Great Weapon or Two melee weapons.

Die Hards, Crusaders, maybe Reliquary for the hell of it.
>>
File: eg53.jpg (920KB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
eg53.jpg
920KB, 2200x1650px
Is "Emperor wept" the 40k equivalent of "Dear God?" What fluff does that even come from?
>>
Hey. Building a Heretek for Black Crusade. Am I right in thinking that grabbing Cerebral Implants for one of your two free Good-Quality cybernetics is a complete (heh) no-brainer?

I'm not missing something am I? Unnatural Intelligence +2 and +20 to Lore and Logic rolls? Yes please.
>>
>>48352252
It's a 40K version of "Jesus Wept", the shortest verse in the King James Bible.
>>
>>48352319
Nothing really, other than a GM with some sense.
>>
>>48352252
Well, it's the 40k equivalent of "Jesus wept". Which is, as an expletive, pretty equivalent to "dear God".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_wept

I have no idea if it has a canon source; both canon and fanon tend to be pretty happy doing a direct Jesus->Emperor swap on any number of Christian oaths.
>>
Silly question, but anyway - does Delay action permanently change your place in the initiative order or only for that round?
>>
>>48352350
>>48352334
Oh, okay. I had no idea that was a thing, but that makes sense now. Pretty good idiom to steal for my NPCs.
>>
>>48352348
To be fair for him, it is Black Crusade. Shit like that is small skulls compared to the rite of fleshmoulding.
>>
>>48352365
it doesn't affect your iniative, but allows you to take any half-action before your next round
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.