[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not-Norse race >le horned helmets and axes and so tall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 15897.jpg (386KB, 1200x879px) Image search: [Google]
15897.jpg
386KB, 1200x879px
>not-Norse race
>le horned helmets and axes and so tall and they strong and they raid xD

every time

also LMAO at that 1d4chan article written by some underage tard who unironically believes vikings were like Warriors of Chaos
>>
File: 197239.jpg (29KB, 318x399px) Image search: [Google]
197239.jpg
29KB, 318x399px
>>48342963
>LMAO
>>
>>48343251
Are you seriously implying Warriors of Chaos act like real life vikings?
>>
>>48342963
Is all the hate about the Norse is because they're mainstream now? Stormfags? A pissy /his/ who didn't get enough replies on his viking hate thread? Seriously, can someone tell me why everyone hates Nordic people.
>>
>>48343536
it's literally one guy
>>
>>48343564
If it's one guy, then he really has nothing better to do with his life.
>>
>>48343536
I don't hate them, I personally think they're over used.

Personally, I think it'd be cool to get some Mayan or Aztec themed Halflings that live in the Arctic or some Tibetan Monk themed Dwarves.
>>
>>48343536
It's not hate against the Norse it's hate against their shit caricatures.
>>
>>48342963
>Reading 1d4chan
You have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>48343607
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't lizardmen vaguely aztec themed?
>>
>>48343637
afaik, that's only WHFB Lizardmen. Nearly all other forms of media have them as generic savage tribesmen for you're PCs to murderhobo their way through.
>>
File: tumblr_ma5b56c3Hz1r6bbo7o4_1280.jpg (150KB, 985x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ma5b56c3Hz1r6bbo7o4_1280.jpg
150KB, 985x810px
>over the top, high fantasy world revolving around endless supernatural war isn't historically accurate

What the fuck I hate GW now.
>>
You people are all retarded faggots. Vikings are not the same as Norse people. The medieval Japanese were not all samurai and ninja. The Turks were not all pirates. The people of ancient Rome were not all Legionaries. American soldiers are not the same as fat American neckbeards who eat at Mcdonald's twice a day and won't wear any article of clothing with fewer than three ketchup stains. HURR DURR I'M SCANDINAVIAN, WATCH ME PROCLAIM MY PROUD VIKING HERITAGE EVEN THOUGH THE VIKINGS ALL FUCKED OFF TO OTHER COUNTRIES AND SETTLED DOWN IN BRITAIN, FRANCE, RUSSIA AND SICILY.
>>
>>48343729
They look like british hooligans.
>>
>>48343739
>vikings
>in Russia
>inb4 muh Rus

Rurik was finnish
>>
>>48343739
Literally they only people who mentioned Vikings was this fag >>48343352 and you.

You are literally only raging at yourself right now, and it is hilarious.
>>
>>48343536
well they raided innocents for 200 years and mostly ran away at the sight of an organised force yet modern media and pop culture portrays them as noble honorable tolerant warriors
>>
File: 1465165973269.jpg (33KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1465165973269.jpg
33KB, 600x338px
>>48343807
Oy vey! We can't admire strength and adventurous spirit in 2016! Those vikings were racist, misogynistic warmongers oppressing the poor POC of Europe.
>>
>>48343988
The mongols did the same thing more succesfully, but I feel pretty confident that your posture would be different if the thread was about them
>>
>>48343988
>strength
>implying vikings were specially competent soldiers
>implying they aren't on the same tier as Somali pirates and scum like that
>>
>>48342963
>LMAO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYdxa2S7YY
>>
File: Naked Wojak.jpg (61KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Naked Wojak.jpg
61KB, 680x680px
>>48344353
>Tfw the golden age of Somali piracy has been and gone

>Tfw there was never a Somalian Samuel Bellamy who made off with an astronomical haul and buried it all in "one piece".

>Tfw the dream is dead
>>
File: MaidRPG_cover.jpg (81KB, 280x362px) Image search: [Google]
MaidRPG_cover.jpg
81KB, 280x362px
>>48342963
I read that as

>le horned helmets and axes and so tall and they strong and they maid xD

Now I want to run a game about a bunch of Norse berserkers in French maid dresses, singing their war songs as they clean some rich guy's house.
>>
File: vikings btfo.jpg (363KB, 1532x763px) Image search: [Google]
vikings btfo.jpg
363KB, 1532x763px
>>48343536
Because the Norse were a bunch of hyped up failures whose only true achievement was the creation of Normandy by Rollo, with basically every other campaign amounting to nothing. The main thing that happened to Vikings was getting their asses kicked, as they were shit at fighting organized armies and their entire legend is based upon beating up largely defenseless villagers in decentralized post-Rome Europe.

It's like a retarded kid boasting that he's a big fucking deal because he beats up preschoolers. No shit you won- it'd be embarrassing if you didn't. But fighting somebody equal or greater than them leads to Viking ass getting kicked.

Now what the Norse actually achieved was impressive trading missions that went all the way down to Greece and Persia, but does anybody ever talk about the far more exciting and impressive Norse trade missions that spread across the western hemisphere? Noooo. It's just Le viking raider man when in reality the "viking" aspect of Norse history is fucking pathetic.

You want real roving barbarians that BTFO civilization? Sea Peoples. Huns. Goths. Etc.
>>
>>48345472
>Halfdan cleared the breakfast table; helmless and shieldless; dishes and cups and spoons fell before his wildly scything tray and jam was spilt in such great profusion that the tablecloth ran red.
>>
>>48343607
Aztec themed Halflings were a thing. Lived in Lustria had a boner for canibalism.
>>
>>48345672
OG warhammer they were wee black Pygmies with exaggerated jigaboo lips.

Did they retcon them into halflings to save face?
>>
>>48342963
>1d4chan
>unironically

Anon, you do not take 1d4chan serious. You just don't.
>>
>>48345572
>Sea People

It's a shame we know so little about them. Roving Sea Raiders that raided so hard they sent civilization into a dark age? That's fucking metal.
>>
>>48345600
Where's a drawfag when you need one?
>>
>>48345762
Sea Peoples are how you know that somebody was a real barbarian threat. Because they sacked civilization so hard that civilization didn't leave behind records of its existence besides some pictograms.
>>
>>48343988
>adventurous spirit
>just attacking defenceless targets and avoiding combat

woah such adventurers
>>
>>48346566
>discovered 3 landmasses
>traveled to the middle east
>>
>>48344141
The mongols were pretty boss.
>>
>>48343739
No, all Americans are the same caricature, dude. Don't lie
>>
>>48346760
literally everyone did that, and far better than them
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.