[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The RPG hobby and industry is full of fantasy heartbreakers but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

The RPG hobby and industry is full of fantasy heartbreakers but what about fantasy heart*warmers*?
>>
What do you mean by that term?
>>
>>48333643
I presume he means the "feels"
>>
>>48333607
shit OP that really makes you think
>>
File: fassburton.jpg (75KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
fassburton.jpg
75KB, 1024x683px
>>48333672
We are becoming a horrible, effeminate culture, twenty years ago we would of belittled women and bullied men for pursuing feelings like anons do on this board.
>>
>>48333643

Well a Fantasy Heartbreaker is when some guy gets the big idea to make his OWN D&D, but BETTER, then goes into his garage and comes out a couple of years later with his magnum opus, usually a 600 page monstrosity of caster supremacy and clumsy "realistic" rules, then pays to have a thousand copies printed, then ends up storing them in his garage because he can't even give the things away.

The opposite would be somebody who made a D&D but better, and then made a fortune on it. I don't think that's happened ever. The closest would be Runequest, which is a Fantasy Heartbreaker in every way except that it was kinda sorta successful, largely because it was the first game to make D&D with more caster supremacy and crippling "realistic" rules.
>>
>>48334090
>The opposite would be somebody who made a D&D but better, and then made a fortune on it.

Dungeon World?
>>
>>48334087
>having feelings is bad
>le dank numale maymay

Repressing everything to be the epic manly moustache man for two hundred years, and the subsequent releasing of the caused pressure is why we have so many god damn furries and socially irresponsible deviants. If people had realized way back when that men being sad was an okay thing, I bet you dollars to donuts things wouldn't be nearly depraved as they are today.
>>
>>48333672
You presume wrong.

>>48334090
This Anon is Chevy correct.
>>
>>48335765
>>
>>48335765
Depravity is more about escapism and disillusionment.
If the society you live in hasn't provided basic healthcare, security and employment, why feel any responsibility to follow its rules.
>>
>>48336593
>healthcare and employment
Not the states responsibility, within its interests to make these available as much as possible, but not its responsibility
That said no one signed shit, fuck the concept of social contracts outside of what you desire to uphold personally
>>
osr?
>>
>>48335765
That's not how people work.
It's because we relaxed for a second that we know have to deal with wusses and "deviants" like yourself. If beating you senseless was still okay, we wouldn't have to deal with you at all.
>>
>>48341038

>Hello, I'm from /pol/, let me lecture you on how people work
>>
>>48334090
there was that rpg where the guy spent more than 8 years making it, one of the things he said is that his rpg was realistic because it used a d100
>>
>>48343022
There is VTNL
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/VTNL
the guy spent 14 years doing it
He never played a tabletop rpg before deciding to create this game and decided to not play a tabletop rpg until he finished it.
>>
>>48343022
>>48343093
FOUND it, its The Realms of Atlantasia
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.