[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 57

File: 1467263265906.jpg (68KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1467263265906.jpg
68KB, 480x477px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>48228240
>Runners in Restaurants: A food guide from artificial soy burgers to "real" zebra meat.sim
>Runner-database-check.exe
>Keeping clear: How to hide your Identity, and what to do when the Runners guessed correctly.trid
>How to deal with disappointment.sklsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Mr.J, Subject was terminated, rest of the building as well, when do we get the payment?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Bikini_Girls_on_a_Beach.BTL...

>Shoot straight (Unless it's your mission to miss)
>Conserve ammo (Unless the Johnson pays for it)
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon (Especially if it's your Johnson)

Johnson Edition. How do you like them? Overly friendly? Cold and distant? Very well paying?
>>
>>48326687
And I fucked up
ACTUAL LAST THREAD:
>>48286878
>>
>>48326687
>Not organizing payment details in advance
...Heh....amateurs
>>
>>48326650
The issue is that since they do the exact same thing, either ware or adepts will inevitably be better. It would be great if they did different things, but no, apparently FASA back in the day thought that magic was getting the shaft with cyberware doing most of the heavy lifting.
>>
>>48326826
I think they were supposed to be a monk class. Monks classes are fucking stupid.
>>
>>48326650
>It's like a girl...
Shadowrun is like a hot goth girl you lust after from a distance, but underneath the white makeup she has horrible acne, self diagnosed mental problems to put tumblr to shame and is mentally and emotionally more on par with a 16 year old. She also has a somewhat more mature twin who lives with their father in Germany.
>>
File: magical granny.jpg (457KB, 1350x1100px)
magical granny.jpg
457KB, 1350x1100px
Is religion magic in shadowrun if you play a mage or adept?
>>
>>48327013
Your religion is usually your magical tradition, but it doesn't have to be.
>>
>>48327013
well a lot of traditions have religious origin and your tradition is based on your world view which contains your religion, but no, religion is not magic. They influence each other but are not the same
>>
>>48327013

Nobody knows. Doubtless religious adepts and magicians would believe their powers to have some divine origin, even if only via intelligent design. Many people in-universe would speculate that miracles are the result of magic - whether that means it's just magic and there are no gods, or that magic comes from gods, will depend on the indiviidual.
>>
>>48326994

You and that other anon sound like people who sweat the mechanics too much. Taking a mainly gamist approach to SR is a bad idea.
>>
What book do you turn to most often in your Shadowrun arsenal for inspiration?
>>
>>48327177
Arsenal?
I don't really get what you mean with inspiration anon.
Sourcebooks or do you mean generally books?
Inspiration for what? Runs, Characters, Plot Elements?
>>
>>48327104
I was just taking about basic stuff. As a GM, you have so much to keep track of in contacts and personalities, floor plans street layouts, etc. As a player, you're constantly shuffling handfuls of dice and trying to figure out how you want your character to progress, item shopping, run planning, etc. I love the game but it's a pain in the ass to play.
>>
>>48327177

Out of the Shadowrun sourcebooks, I'd say the Sixth World Almanac.

Out of books in general, this may seem weird but it's an old anthropology book from the 1920s called The Golden Bough. It's an incredibly rich source of magic traditions from around the world, and the snooty manner of the author is a hilarious bonus.
>>
>>48327215
Any book.
>>
>>48327231

But those are pretty much all the things I like. :^)

I don't bother with extensive maps though. I've found they're usually unnecessary and the game flows better without it. Combat ranges are abstract, and the kind of mirrorshades shenanigans that require precise positioning and timing are rare enough that I can sketch a map by hand if and when it comes up.
>>
Why on earth do people use melee weapons in Shadowrun? Seems very foolish with all the advancement that would have taken place involving firearms.
Just pump them full of lead.
>>
>>48327702

1. Armour protection has increased.
2. The means of augmenting the speed and physical strength of melee fighters have increased.
3. A lot of fighting takes place in close quarters.
4. Small melee weapons aren't illegal and are more easily concealable than large, powerful firearms.
>>
>>48326687
Gonna ask again since I didn't get an answer last thread

I have a question. Since there are three variants of chargen, BPgen, Karmagen and Priority but some do not enable you to play certain characters (mainly Priority saying you can't be an AI, Infected, or Free Spirit). Would it be okay to have a game where different players used different chargen options or is that unwise?

It suggests ABCDE for Priority, 750 Karma and 400 BP all lead to 'typical Shadowrunners' but how different can the end result be for each? Basically, what does each one do better or worse then the others?

Also, how do I balance out magic for a low-level game so they don't out perform literally everyone? Limit on magic stat at chargen? Someone also suggested banning anything over 6F and 8R (Permits can allow up to the normal 12R at chargen) but I'm not sure if I want to do that.
>>
>>48327894
the gun is still superior
>>
>>48328303
AFAIR they have different costs for metas
think about it, in BPgen or priority getting a Troll's STR from 5 to 8 costs the same as getting an elf's AGI from 1 to 4. In Karmagen however it costs much more for the troll to increase his STR than for the elf/dwarf/human to increase the AGI
>>
>>48328303
Using different chargen methods results in different power levels, IIRC BP and Priority will create more powerful characters than Karmagen. Karmagen allows for more rounded characters at the expense of specialization.

Balancing out magic is best done by limiting the magic stat to a maximum of 4. Or, forcing your players to pick Aspected Magician or Adept only.
>>
>>48327702

My adept punches as hard as an anti-materiel rifle.
>>
>>48328368

Well I guess that empty, unbacked assertion sure told me.
>>
Hey /srtg/ Faces!

What's the stickiest situation you've ever had to talk your way out of?

Also, for gms, have you ever given your faces real opportunities to flex their social muscles? Tell me about them and how they went!
>>
>>48328368
>>
>>48328862
That is a metaphoric sword, not the kind the person above was talking about.

(Incidentally, Trolls with good reach weapons are basically doing high RoF attacks with each strike. And possibly with better damage. So can others, but Trolls get by with less reach and higher damage.)
>>
>>48327013

Adding to what everyone said, some religious groups are not going to like awakened folk. Witchcraft and all that.
>>
>>48328943
To be fair to the holy rollers, magic is pretty fucking scary and destructive.
>>
>>48328421
An adept is magical.
Why would a normal person use melee weapons during a run?
>>
>>48329190

Coked out? Cybered up? It's their style and they'll slice you in twain if you judge them for it?
>>
>>48329190

Concealable and quiet.

Soldiers still use bayonets and they don't even have the advantage of magic, cybergear or bullet-resistant armour.
>>
>>48328943
Wouldn't they be a minority though?
I think it has been mentioned that the Pope gave his okay for magic.
>>
>>48329311

Pope also said it's fine to be gay and that atheists can to heaven. Pope says a bunch of things.
>>
File: Librarian.png (513KB, 910x4914px) Image search: [Google]
Librarian.png
513KB, 910x4914px
Hey /srg/,
My friend recently started up a Shadowrun game. We ran a kind of practice run to (begin to) get the hang of the system on Saturday and worked on character creation some. So, like 8 hours of fucking around with it later, I have pic related. Gear is in link related. The basic idea behind the character is he takes jobs that fuck over corps, and while he's in there fucking them up for pay he nabs secret info and releases it publicly, or just blows the building up. I didn't try to min max really but let me know if this just looks completely downright retarded please.

Priority A was skills. B was resources. C attributes. D metatype. E magic or resonance.

http://pastebin.com/p5PUadQZ
>>
>>48328747
>What's the stickiest situation you've ever had to talk your way out of?
Convincing my fellow runners that i am indeed a worthwhile asset for the team to have because i didn't succeed with a single social roll during the run.
It was something rather simple, just a step above a milk run: Find some small-time crook, apprehend him, question him as a side-mission for our fixer and hand him over to the client.
We had a general idea where he was, but during the legwork phase i flubbed my rolls, scaring the neighbors and drawing that out. Then, when we had his address, i spooked his Girlfriend, leading to a chase.
After the Rigger and Muscle caught him it was my turn to question him, and we as a team decided that he might be more talkative if we pretended to be from a certain gang we knew he had problems with. So i was trying to disguise myself (he hadn't seen me at this point), but i had a glitch for the Street-Knowledge check to know more about the gang and didn't succeed in the disguise (or maybe impersonation, it has been some time), so i was basicly a stereotypical cholo. But things only went downhill from there: I had another glitch, this time in an intimidation check and when i actually hit him i did no damage after soak. I remember that i spend at least two edge over this whole encounter, to no avail.
Anyway, after this failed our prisoner was so unimpressed by us (me) that we decided to just hand him over to the client. The Client hinted that there might be a bonus for a job done quickly (check), cleanly (check) and without harming the prisoner (check), so i was sent forth to talk to him and get some extra dough. Unfortunately i didn't succeed in any roll during our meeting so we got like 100Â¥ extra and a free meal at the fancy restaurant we were meeting in.
In the end the other bitched and moaned IC for a bit, but glossed over it because it was just so much bad luck. Not a single success with my social roll, all of which have a dice pool of 10+.
>>
>>48329408
Yes, and I would think that a lot of the normal-everyday sort of people would listen to him.
>>
Sorry if this has been asked a million times before. I'm new to the game.

What is the difference between a Decker and a Technomancer? They both interact with the Matrix through different mediums but do they ultimately serve the same purpose to a crew? And Sprites are just proxy hackers to insulate the Technomancer the way conventional tools insulate the Decker? Are they just different fluff versions of the same Archetype?
>>
>>48326994
I'm interested in that twin sister. What' hr name?
>>
>>48329555
Theyre both hackers.
Deckers do it by good hardware and skill.
Technos do it by skill and resonance. No one knows were resonance really comes from or how it works. It just does.
Deckers can do things the matrix engineers never intended the matrix to do. Technos do things that the matrix engineers can't make happen even if they wanted to.
>>
>>48329555

Basically yes. They have the same job but do it in different ways.

They have a different role narratively. Deckers are commonplace parts of everyday life in the Sixth world. Technomancers are extremely rare, mistrusted by many, and the megacorps are actively hunting for them to experiment on them.
>>
Karmagen in Chummer is only letting me put 50 karma towards nuyen, rather than max 200. When I go to check options, it crashes. Did I fuck something up somewhere?
>>
>>48329555
Deckers and Technomancers are both Hackers, and they both break the laws of the Matrix in order to do their job.

The difference is that Deckers use Cyberdecks and other tools to access and muck about, and Technomancers are born with connection to Resonance, a force that allows them to connect to the Matrix naturally. Deckers have to follow the basic rules of the Matrix, but Technomancers can ignore the rules of the Matrix at times (think Neo).
>>
>>48329427

Shit. Did you eventually not suck? Were the dice kind to you?
>>
>>48329648

Going beyond 50 is a Paywall feature.
>>
>>48329269
>Soldiers still use bayonets and they don't even have the advantage of magic, cybergear or bullet-resistant armour.
Not really. Bayonets are hardly ever used in combat, and when they are, it's typically as a last resort weapon. No soldier in their right mind uses a bayonet as a primary weapon.
>>
>>48329721
How do you mean?
>>
File: 1458141586202.jpg (46KB, 960x960px)
1458141586202.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>48329721
>building an Awakened runner costs 4.99 a month

>>48329744
Its a joke chummer.
>>
>>48329759
Oh thank god...I was worried for a minute. Been not paying attention to SR stuff for a few monthes.
>>
>>48329739
In the sixth world they really kind of want to, considering that paracritters, adepts, and trolls exists, and you take nasty penalties for having someone up in your grill when trying to shoot.
>>
>>48329759
Damnit I told you guys not to mention the subscription features yet, that's supposed to be a patreon exclusive.
>>48329648
Are you using the latest nightly? I briefly broke it, should be fixed in 182.13 or whatever it's up to now.
>>
>>48329917

He doesn't care. He just wants to do his "b-b-b-b-b-b-but muh operator!" thing as if there are no differences between SR and real life.
>>
>>48329917
Actually a grunt probably wants a combat monosaw bayonet or a shock bayonet, since they probably won't have the strength to really get the job done with a normal, sharp bit of metal.
>>
I'm building a Hacker in 5e and I'm clueless on what kind of specializations I should take for Electronic Warfare, Cybercombat, and Hacking, any help?
>>
>>48329917
Adepts maybe, but typically in a war you'd want adepts who specialize in shooting, since the invention of automatic weapons really just ruined the whole "Run up and stab 'em" approach. Trolls would be used to carry assault cannons and heavy machineguns. Warfare occurs at around 300 meters for most of the time, and it's not going to be any different in Shadowrun. If anything, warfare will be conducted further away due to improved weapon accuracy and smartguns, as well as better recon techniques.

>>48329984
No, I'm not even the same guy. I'm just saying, that if the physics and whatever in Shadowrun worked as if they did in real life (In the sense of how the human body can take damage, the range of combat, strategy, tactics, whatever) then melee wouldn't be viable.

BUT

Because it's a game, and bullets aren't nearly as lethal and incapacitating as they are in real life, and one is able to move relatively great distances before the other can react, yes, Melee is viable, because it is a game. That's fine, I don't care about that, I'm just stating that it's a weird game-world dissonance, as no doubt there wouldn't be a single military in Shadowrun that fielded melee focused infantry divisions.
>>
>>48330207
Shadowrun isn't a game of 'open warfare', though.
>>
>>48330254
I'm aware, I was just responding to the anon's claim of bayonets, trolls, and adepts being used en masse for melee.

Even then, in close quarters, a gun typically does a bit better, because the 21 foot rule is a myth. The 21 foot rule only applies if the person with the gun has it holstered and is not in a combat ready state. If they have their weapon in hand, have good combat reflexes, or aren't back against the wall, typically they'll get the first shot off.

But hey, again, the system does it different, and that's A-Okay. People like their rule of cool melee.
>>
>>48329190
>Why would a normal person use melee weapons during a run?

1) Stun batons and monowhips are really good even for those without supernatural strength.
2) Melee weapons, are, in general, silent, whereas guns are not
3) Many runs will have engagements at distances where the range of firearms is a minimal, or nonexistent benefit
4) Some locations (Tokyo) have a strong anti-firearms bias, where it is considered 'polite' to settle things with blades rather than guns. Not doing so marks you as a dishonorable foreigner.
5) Orks, trolls, and dwarves can be extremely strong even without any augmentations, which makes melee weapons very deadly in their hands.
>>
>>48330362
>bayonets, trolls, and adepts being used en masse for melee

Nobody ever said that, though?
>>
>>48330666
>In the sixth world they really kind of want to, considering that paracritters, adepts, and trolls exists, and you take nasty penalties for having someone up in your grill when trying to shoot.
Implied it.
>>
>>48330758

...there's a pretty big gap between 'soldiers will want melee weapons to deal with occasional but very nasty melee threats' and 'There will be dedicated close-quarters squads'
>>
>>48330840
I thought it sounded like you were saying that melee was more viable in Shadowrun for military applications than it is in modern day. Guess I read it wrong then, sorry.
>>
>>48330547
I am a dishonorable foreigner. I'm a dirty, loud, and brash Irishman with a really nice, really old gun.
>>
File: indiana-jones.gif (2MB, 360x246px)
indiana-jones.gif
2MB, 360x246px
>>48330547
>"polite" to settle things with blades
>mfw
>>
File: 1248603918466.gif (4KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
1248603918466.gif
4KB, 344x326px
Can anyone explain this sentence in the Core Book?

>Agents use the Matrix attributes of the device they run on, and their rating (up to 6) for attributes.

Which is it?
>>
>>48330965
Yes.
>>
>>48328747
My street doc character was able to form a lasting friendship with an organlegger middle manager guy by going "toe-to-toe" with him in a body part pun off.
>>
File: Temp.png (300KB, 440x800px) Image search: [Google]
Temp.png
300KB, 440x800px
>>48330901
>>48330945

Have fun getting dressed up in frilly schoolgirl outfits and publicly violated by the Yakuza!
>>
>>48330965
The Agent's limits are based on what the deck it's running on has at the moment and so can't double dip if, say, you've got Toolbox active.

So if you have Data Processing 5 and make it a 6 with toolbox, the Agent uses Data Processing 6. It can't take the deck's 6 and use it's Toolbox to have a 7 for Reboot Device.

But if you have Biofeedback running, it is used on attacks and (attack) defenses for both you and your Agent.
>>
>>48330965
rating 3 deck with 4 sleeze = agent has 4 sleeze and its cha/log/int/wil are 3
>>
>>48331100
Then Mr. Florentine will have those Yakuza boys turned into Playbeings™. Cobra Force® does not take kindly to abuse of its agents.

Of course, my FAL is enough to keep most slant eyed fucks away.
>>
>>48331299
>Shooting gooks with a FAL
>Not an M16A1
>>
>>48329603
Cyberpunk 2020.
>>
>>48331372
Japs are nips, not gooks. If anything, I should be using a BAR. But hey, an FAL and short-shorts will do just fine
>>
>>48331407
I've heard people call Japs gooks. You know, Nuke the Gook?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPtJYhn7SlI
>>
>>48331299
>Implying your allies have more sway than the Yakuza in Neo-Tokyo
>Implying that you can get away with being an Ettiquette-0 Cha-2 runner with no social sense
>Implying that any gunfire in one of the most crowded sprawls in the world won't rip through multiple walls and kill tons of civilians
>Implying using automatic weapon won't be analogous with a terrorist act
>>
>>48327231
I'd say the setting is also very... Well, there's a lot of stupid shit in it.
>>
>>48331445
>Cobra Force
>the multi-billion dollar corp that liberated both Rhodesia and South Africa
>the largest producer of porn in the world
>the corp the singlehandedly stopped the slave trade in Night City
>implying the muscle needs good cha
I leave the talking to Mr. Florentine and Mr. Jacobs. Vanguard, Umbuku, and I are here in case a zipperhead gets cocky.
>>
File: America 2020 AD.jpg (3MB, 3505x2400px)
America 2020 AD.jpg
3MB, 3505x2400px
>>48331505
>Night City
Are we in the same setting here?
>>
>>48331537
>not having your CP2020 characters and Shadowrun characters crossover
>not having wacky antics
>>
>>48327013
Is there magic for catholics, or other religious groups in SR? Not familiar with the game, but I know the Indians get magic from their old faith.
>>
how do I make my street sam dual natured long enough to punch a ghost?
>>
>>48331584
Read Street Magic or Street Grimoire

>>48331588
>>48331588
Martial Arts all provide a technique that can allow a mundane to damage astral beings. However, its pretty shit.
>>
>>48331713
Hm. Is there a less shit version, or do I have to go with the shit one?
>>
>>48331725
If it's not over 7 force, you could also go and use Stick-n-Shock or ADPS ammo. It won't be great, but it's technically always available.

There's also some tricks involving Astral Gateway, and possibly some drugs. Definitely something using Advanced Alchemy.
>>
>>48331725
I think theres a Drug that forces a person to astrally project, or a Magician can do it as a metamagic. Become the ghost and fight him in his element.
>>
>>48331584
Short answer: Yes.
Longer Answer: Yes, but not all magic is faith magic.
>>
>>48331752
>>48331763
drugs might be my best option for punching a ghost.
Can I also cut a ghost with a sword or hit him with a bat full of nails, under such drugs?
>>
>>48331584

Magic has this lame "all are welcome because if we didn't they'd bitch about it" mentality with magic that essentially boils down to "if you believe in it hard enough then you can draw mana from it". Every belief system (including long dead religions, cults, science, and every minute iteration on traditional christianity, even "new" religions like the Path of the Wheel or Zoroastrianism) can have a person summoning spirits and throwing fireballs for believing in it and as such every one of those systems now has an increased presence in the world.

It's so ridiculous that certain magic theorists (mainly the Hermetics which are basically science wizards) have concluded that it might as well all be bullshit because 10% of the population can throw fireballs and summon spirits that happen to be part of their faith and generally do what they're told and from that you might be able to surmise that it's all just in the head of the mage who's casting and that we're just warping reality around us for whatever reason.

That theory becomes harder to argue for once aspects of magical life like Free Spirits, pre-Awakening Spirits, and the Seelie and Unseelie Court show up though...
>>
>>48331860
I feel like that theory still holds, because wizards over six whole ages must have made a FUCKTON OF SPIRITS
>>
>>48331393
No he said "in Germany" so I think he's talking about ze German version of SR (the one with the elf furries and shit). CP2020 is even weirder when it comes to mechanics, mostly because of how old it is.
>>
>>48331860
>Magic has this lame "all are welcome because if we didn't they'd bitch about it" mentality
I don't think it's lame. It's chaotic as hell and adds some mysticism while still giving players the opportunity to be fedora tipping spellcasters.
>>
>>48331860

If that's true why aren't there also a bunch of Horrors skull fucking the populace (both magically and literally) everywhere?
>>
>>48331824
For drugs, I'm not sure.

For advanced alchemy, with the right preparation, it can not only do that but give you a flaming sword or acid-ified nailbat with some other choices.
>>
>>48331983

I understand why it was done because if I followed Christianity and I found out that in 2012 a big dragon did an interview and said "Yeah christianity is bullshit, it's all about the native spirit tribes y'all been oppressing for years" I'd be pretty bummed.

But still personally I just wish they'd been a bit more daring and been like "Yeah the Celtics had it right"
>>
>>48332006
That's great, because the proper way to attack a dignified spirit is with the mangiest nailbat you can find.
>>
>>48332039
>2012 In March, in Vatican City, a Papal Bull is issued confirming Pope John Paul IV's position against metahumans and further denouncing all things magical as "unholy and ungodly by their very nature."

I have bad news for you!

That viewpoint didn't get reversed on until 2024.
>>
>>48331944
CP2020 is way easier to learn than SR m80
>>
Would you work for a Johnson looking to capitalize on the cop killing trend after a bunch of police officers have been killing your kind even when they are unarmed? He wants you to shoot up a popo perimeter so his company can get top coverage of the massacre and make millions off dead cops.
>>
>>48331860
>New Religions
>Zoroastrianism
You do realise that... zoroastrians are not a new thing, right? It's about 3500 years old.
>>
>>48329945
I am using Nightly-v5.182.15
>>
>>48330207
>as no doubt there wouldn't be a single military in Shadowrun that fielded melee focused infantry divisions

That's probably true, but Shadowrunners are distinct from soldiers in a variety of ways. The two most important differences are their typically-urban combat surroundings and their tendency toward individuality (which means they don't give a fuck about advantages that guns have like "easier to use for the average person", because its more about what they happen to be good with - a Runner who knows how to use a sword but not a gun is trained in an esoteric art that doesn't scale well to a military, but they're still better off using what they know).
>>
>>48331537
>Dothan, Alabama
>New City

I'll be sure to tell the home of the National Peanut Festival and the first four lane highway circling a city in the United States that.
>>
>>48333345
Plus, the dude said "Division," as if military divisions have one focus. I'm sure would be military units that have dudes who specialize in punching a dude's head off. They probably still have guns for obvious reasons (drawing fire, suppression, etc).
>>
>>48331393
Cyberpunk 2020 has even wonkier mechanics.

Pondsmith gets waaaaaaaay too much credit for shit he hasn't done, and not any credit for the couple of good ideas that he has totally contributed. (Organizations as characters is such an amazing concept, I'm amazed so few games have ripped off the idea)
>>
>>48333477
>Pondsmith gets waaaaaaaay too much credit for shit he hasn't done, and not any credit for the couple of good ideas that he has totally contributed
I think that's just because of the new video game's hype. Also, people might be feeling some pity over Shadowrun eclipsing his humble little passion project.
>>
>>48333469
>I'm sure would be military units that have dudes who specialize in punching a dude's head off
No, they really wouldn't. Because there's absolutely no use for that on a modern or post-modern battlefield. And I just used division as some throwaway term. I doubt there would be battalions, squads, even fireteams designated for melee. There's just no tactical reason for it. Because you know that guy who can punch someone's head off? Well, you can achieve the same effect with an assault cannon, or even .50 BMG assault rifles (Which no doubt have to exist in Shadowrun as some weird BAR-esque squad automatic weapon for trolls)

Divisions also do generally have one focus, unless you're from Canada or some other place with a pathetically sized military. You have armoured divisions, light infantry divisions, mechanized infantry, motorized infantry, etc. Thus things like the U.S. 5th "Red Devils" Infantry Division (Mechanized) and the U.S. 2nd "Hell on Wheels" Armoured Division. Though I guess that's still more general than the 3rd "Punches Shit" Infantry Division.

>>48333477
>Cyberpunk 2020 has even wonkier mechanics.
You wiggity wiggity what?
Also, Pondsmith was a hack and barely wrote any of 2020's lore, which is the good part about the game (The system is a bit hit or miss for me. I'd like to see it in GURPS, really)
>>
>>48333614
What part of "specialize" do you not understand? You're talking about military units as if they're a piece in a wargame, and not the incredibly flexible multipurpose clusterfuck of people and materiel that they are in reality. The signal corps are gonna have guns on hand, but that's not what their specialty is. Do you not get the point?
>>
>>48333707
I'm aware. You have grenadiers, automatic riflemen, riflemen, corpsmen, etc. But what I'm saiyng is in 2082 you aren't going to find someone in a unit who is specialized in fucking punching. You may find someone who is good at it, or strong enough for that, but at no point will someone be ordered to "Go over there a punch a bitch." At the most, you may find some special operations guy who is a physical adept, but ultimately uses his gun 99% of the time, because that's just how shit goes.
>>
>>48333054
That's why I put "new" in quotation marks. It's the big hip religion now, just as the path of the Wheel has been around since presumably the 4th age but now they're making a resurgence.
>>
>>48328747
My party's face is sort of autistic. It's a little frustrating.
>>
>>48333740

All of which doesn't even make sense because combat Drones would be so much more ludicrously effective at any kind of war or operational scenario anyone on the ground would either have to be some PR Elf to calm the populace after a strike or maybe some cybered/ physAd soldier to stand around and keep the piece.

Face it, if realism is what you need in SR combat details then it begins and ends with drones. Even Megacorps don't want to lose all the assets a highly trained soldier has under their belts.

Besides, I always figured anyone specialized enough to punch people really hard and only punch people really hard would be the kind of possibly autistic street tough who was either a pro boxer or a ganger head smasher.
>>
>>48333816
Player or character?
>>
>>48333855
You still need infantry to capture stuff. Infantry will always be relatively relevant. Also in the case of a /real/ war (See Sov Vs. America) you could not just fight with drones.. That, and I was talking from a realistic war perspective, not in Shadowrun's system. It's viable in the system (Sort of) because of how it works, but if you were to have any sort of infantry skirmish, they're useless.

I think we may have just had a misunderstanding with this.
>>
So recently it occurred to me that as a PC I would probably never willingly choose to get the Sleep Regulator cyberware because it's essence and nuyen wasted for basically no reason unless your gm is a real hard-ass.

But if this was the real world realistically pretty much most people in the world would probably have some kind of sleep regulator or sleep regulating strategy. It would be hugely important; so important that considering the price megacorps drop on a single Wage Mage I would probably expect them to include in their contract of employment that if the mage doesn't have Sleep Regulators he can't get the job. The math just works out.

A mostly negligable decrease in over-all effectiveness > Way more available hours.

With this in mind I'm curious; are there any more augs which would drastically change shadowrun in this way? Or in any other noticable way? Looking for more examples similar to above.
>>
>>48333972
Datajacks/Implanted Commlinks/DNI are huuuuuuge given that they give you Speed-of-Thought workflow.

Considering VR gives you the same effect but more so, some corporate bases may have pods more than cubicals, little beds the employees lay down in and then drop into VR for the workday.

Digestion Expansion sort of falls into the same category of 'investment', being a larger lump sum upfront for lower costs down the line as the implant slowly pays for itself in reduced food costs.
>>
>>48333972
>wasted for basically no reason unless your gm is a real hard-ass.

It's actually good for basically all the reasons you described, as long as you have something to devote that extra downtime to, like programming computers/spoofing a lifestyle/ect.
>>
>>48334197
>little beds the employees lay down in and then drop into VR for the workday.
Konami does that right now. Only they jump into a goo machine to be processed and recycled into new sararimen if they get caught sending texts to their pregnant wife.
>>
File: Deus Ex Memes.jpg (113KB, 1200x401px)
Deus Ex Memes.jpg
113KB, 1200x401px
>>48333972
>are there any more augs which would drastically change shadowrun in this way?
>>
>>48328747

One I remember off the top of my head involved convincing KE agents that we weren't shadowrunners that housed a serial killer/assassin in our ranks that had a personal vendetta against KE and was wanted dead or alive, but instead me and two other PC's were simply aspiring chefs running a catering business. My guy was born near New Orleans, so I made Cajun gumbo and got 5 successes (on a 5 or 6 die roll, IIRC), and breezed through it because of that lucky dice roll.

And also a time I convinced a guard that we weren't doing recon on a building before a hit, but, rather, we were tourists that had an autocab malfunction and put us nearby and we were lost.

If you play dumb sometimes and not pretend you have everything in control, good things can come to you. Lesson to all you facemen.

There was also a time I got captured by a group from Aztech and punched the shit out of their mage as soon as we were alone, collapsing his throat and killing him in one blow, but I'm not sure if you wanted an example of shotgun diplomacy.
>>
>>48333972
The one that would have the most impact on professional life is the datajack. (or assimilated, basically anything granting DNI)

Simply *thinking* instructions at a machine instead of clunkily having to input them by hand would be a colossal boost of productivity in many cases.
>>
>>48328943
I figure everyone in the sixth world is disliked by roughly the same percentage of the population; whether you're awakened or not, meta or not, cybered or not ... differences just mean shuffling around who likes you, not changing how liked you are, total.
>>
>>48329603
Shadowrun, released through Pegasus Spiele.
>>
File: HUMANIS.png (354KB, 414x517px)
HUMANIS.png
354KB, 414x517px
>>48334776
That sounds like something a dirty meta would say
>>
File: kahuna.jpg (111KB, 540x699px) Image search: [Google]
kahuna.jpg
111KB, 540x699px
My player rolled the most adorable snark-mouthed dwarven shaman for the game I'm running. Her name is Kahuna and I love her so I gave him a free commission of her.
This is the first time a dwarf has ever been interesting in any tabletop game I've ever run, and I'm so proud of him.
>Ball of vitriolic charisma and sarcasm
>"How old are you, though?"
>She holds up four fingers "I'm this many!"
>Hits things with a baseball bat to look like less of a mage
>Is actually kind of stupid
>>
>>48335910
Great, so you have a mentally retarded dwarf who can toss around magic in your party.
>>
>>48335910
There's so much shitposting going on right now that I'm not even mad at you for posting this garbage as a bump.
>>
File: image.jpg (322KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
322KB, 1280x956px
>>48335989
>>48336115
Forgive me for having hilarious PCs in my pink mohawk runs, /srg. I solemnly promise to never have fun out loud ever again.
>>
>>48336239
But that's not hilarious. If anything, it's a little pitiful, like a kid with Downs. It's not even "Pink Mohawk" or endearing or anything. Again, it has the charm of a kid with Downs.

Completely unrelated, but if that's your cat, he looks far too much like mine and I may just consider pressing a copyright claim against you.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>48336253
Darkbeast Paarl is one years old yesterday and immune to litigation.
>>
>>48329703
Everything turned out well enough for the character, didn't roll a single Glitch for the rest of the campaign. Unfortunately the game ended in "we might pick it up again later"-Limbo when the GM was unable to run for 4 weeks in a row.
I really liked that character.
>>
File: Кот.png (465KB, 531x433px) Image search: [Google]
Кот.png
465KB, 531x433px
>>48336276
If you want this thread to devolve in to catposting and lawsuits, by all means.

I expect you to make the assigned court date of 8/12/2016, at 1400.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>48336291
You shall never apprehend us! Not while I have... Sekhmet, the Special Snowflake.
With two differently coloured eyes.
It gives her bonuses to every roll because that's how Mary Sue Cats work.
>>
File: image.jpg (396KB, 1280x988px)
image.jpg
396KB, 1280x988px
Cats aside, here's some actual shadowrun related content.
I wish I knew how to draw cyberware.
>>
File: Korp.png (450KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Korp.png
450KB, 450x600px
>>48336308
I don't actually have anymore pictures of my cat, so I guess you win.

Nerd
>>
>>48336333
If you want good references for cyberware, look no further than Cyberpunk 2020. Think what you want about it, it's got some good chrome art.
>>
File: KoolArm.png (2MB, 1070x660px) Image search: [Google]
KoolArm.png
2MB, 1070x660px
>>48336333
>>48336359
Here's one of my favourite cyberlimb designs. Ripped flesh overtop of chrome, a-la the Terminator.
>>
File: image.jpg (434KB, 1459x1581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
434KB, 1459x1581px
>>48336347
>"Gee, Glitch! Why do you get to have TWO cats?"
>"Because the shelter is very good at guilt tripping me into adopting injured and behaviorally problematic cats because no one else will give them homes."
What would a run against PETA look like? Are there any no-kill shelters left in Shadowrun or is it just Animal Murder Time 24/7?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 341x197px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 341x197px
>>48336383
>>
>>48336383
There's probably not many animal shelters left. Cloning animals lets most people get whatever sort of pet they want on demand, for not much more in cost. Also, you know, it's cyberpunk, natural animals are all dead and stuff.
>>
>>48336383
In Shadowrun, animal murder you!
>>
>>48336425
While maybe not too useful, pic related helps you see the synthetic musculature and synthetic bone structure as well. Could be useful for getting an idea how cyberlimbs move and such.
>>
Anyone have any idea for a reference on how Gecko gloves could operate in battle?
>>
>>48331243
>>48331190

Dank.
>>
>>48336347

Going to SR again, why would pets even exist anymore? 10% of them awakened. Some of them can talk now and are smart enough to know their kind are routinely treated like garbage and they need and deserve rights like in Amazonia. Some of them throw fireballs and will hypnotize you into french kissing a live wire if you don't feed them.

The standard working Joe can't really afford a decent place in the sprawl with room enough to keep pets healthy and happy. Pet drones with personality chips seem like a healthier and more reliable (and cleaner) alternative.

Anyone higher than middle class would instead be able to get awesome modded super pets with built in obedience and protective measures and shit.

So who wants a normal cat anymore? The future is a bleak place
>>
>>48336308
>Sekhmet, the Special Snowflake.
Should have gone with Loran Darkbeast desu omae
>>
File: 1228179788743.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1228179788743.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>48337875

I imagine pets are quite rare among the middle and lower classes. Maybe more common among upper echelons. Maybe synthetic pets?
>>
>>48337875
Howling Shadows has cerberus corgis, for whatever that's worth.
>>
>>48337875
There will be a small part of the population that is too poor to afford a hyper-customized pet, but with the money to spare to feed a pet.

And in the Barrens, a dog to watch your back while you sleep is totally worth the hassle of getting more food.
>>
>>48326935
Agreed. Idk why every fucking game system has to shoe horn in a monk class.
>>
>Try to continue Dragonfall
>Get the "Saves are "missing"" bug

Tried re-sync, that didn't work. Someone said to try making a new game save, and overriding that with the old save, but for some reason, the new save is neither at the Harebrained folder nor in the Steam folder...
Anyone got this one fixed? Losing 5 hours of progress doesn't sound all that nice
>>
File: 1331162659568.jpg (109KB, 680x989px) Image search: [Google]
1331162659568.jpg
109KB, 680x989px
Don't know if this has been asked before, but does anyone know where I can find the files in the artwork section of the pastebin? The link 404's
>>
File: Kenshiro.jpg (64KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Kenshiro.jpg
64KB, 640x427px
>>48338087
>>48326935

>Dissing characters that can break people with their bare hands instead of relying on guns

Unforgivable.
>>
>>48331497
You crazy, the setting is the best part. At least in comparison to other tabletops.
>>
>>48327231
Ah. Another Shadowrun too hard for me! Character. Then go play a cinematic system if you don't like rules. Cunts like you are why they've been wasting time on that Anarchy bullshit.
>>
>>48338184
>When your anime fantasy's overtake your senses.
Seriously, if guns exist melee really shouldn't.
>>
File: smug anime grill.jpg (117KB, 492x492px)
smug anime grill.jpg
117KB, 492x492px
>>48338514
>if guns exist melee shouldn't
>in a game with fucking wizards throwing fireballs and summoning spirits, wizards that can punch is haram
>>
>>48338514
Guns run out of ammo. Swords don't.
>>
>>48327231
>>48331497
Go back to your mommy and Pathfinder.
>>
So, incorrect statements about the inviability of swords in Shadowun aside, I've got a question for you guys.

https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/727

Issue raised about adding weapons to cyberlimbs. Existing code kinda prohibits it as there was never a requirement for it previously. What do you think would be a better option, selecting from a list of existing weapons or purchasing a new weapon to attach to the item? Assume I can/will only do one or the other.
>>
>>48338127
Just restart it.
>>
>>48338761
Currently trying a complete reinstall of Dragonfall, I wonder if this would work
>>
>>48338723
>Buy Hero Lab
>>
Should melee be a simple or a complex action?
>>
>>48338572
Just carry more ammo.
>>
>>48338962
Complex is fine. The hard part is getting in range without getting riddled with bullets. Not that you cannot do another thing while trying to skewer/brain your opponent.
>>
If I'm reading this correctly, are reagents supposed to become the force limit for a spell/summoning?

So my Magic 4 mage can only summon a force 8 spirit max, but if I wanted to I could use 10 drams of reagents and then summon a force 10 spirit or cast a force 10 spell? And then I'm guessing I roll drain for a force 10, but I'm still kinda confused how this works.
>>
>>48339470
No. Your Magic attribute limits the maximum force of the spell.

Reagents allow you to raise the limit on summoning.

For instance, if you are a Mage with Magic 4, Summoning 4 you have 8 dice to summon. But if for some reason, you call a Force 1 Spirit, your limit is 1, which means that whatever happens, only one hit on your summoning roll will be taken into account. Reagents allow you to crank that limit up and get more of your hits to count.
>>
>>48339618
What would be the purpose of that?
>>
>>48337762
Can I please get some help here y'all? I've spent like an hour trying to find anything but I keep coming up blank.
>>
>>48339642
Raising the limit? Getting more services out of the spirit, since # services = #amount of net hits on your (MAG+Summoning) vs. his Force roll. (With the caveat you are limited by Force, which means that a spirit always has a chance to give you the middle finger if you don't spend reagents)

As for summoning a F1 spirit, yeah... Sending a message to someone that can't be traced by the matrix is one possible use.
>>
>>48337762

Rip off a motherfuckers face.
>>
>>48339642
Probably to up the likelihood of a successful summon, think of it as a scope that increases the accuracy of a gun. Normally the account would be limited to 3 for a Krime Boss but you could raise it to say 5 with the right attachment making your shots more likely to hit.
>>
>>48339730
Yes, but where could I find some info on the mechanics via the game?
>>
>>48339701
you mean what you could do with them?
Or how they work mechanically?
>>
>>48339736
Accuracy, not account.
>>48339762
Mechanics wise.
>>
>>48339754
what edition?
>>
>>48339701

Start by defining Operate. Like using them in battle? Or using them as a weapon?
>>
>>48339754
A bleed effect?

There's a couple of mechanics like that in the game for DOT stuff. They'd obviously suffer a massive charisma debuff.
>>
>>48339789
Using them in battle, as in grabbing onto an enemies armor or arm and using it to pull things off them.
>>
>>48339778
Fifth edition, although earlier editions would probably be alright for assisting a gm rule on the situation.
>>
>>48339791
Nah, for the grab. Would the gloves be able to attach or simply slide off from oils?
>>
>>48339828
Well in 4e there is a Weapon mod called "Gecko Grip":

>Gecko Grip: The grip and butt of the weapon have been
>covered with tiny fibers that replicate the effect of a gecko’s appendages,
>sticking strongly to whatever it touches—a function
>that can be turned on and off via wireless command (smartguns
>only) as well as mechanically by pressing two buttons simultaneously.
>An activated gecko grip adds a +6 dice pool modifier
>to any tests to determine whether or not the bearer can hold
>on to the weapon (this modifier is not cumulative with that of
>a lanyard). In addition, the character can stick the weapon to
>virtually any surface.

maybe something similar to this?
>>
>>48339914
So possibly a +6 dice modifier for grabbing?
>>
>>48339844
In 4e they said that loose debris or slippery coatings like sand or grease nullify it
>>48339953
seems like the best solution. A +6 DPM when trying to take something currently held or stop someone from doing the same to you
>>
>>48337903
My boyfriend got to name her. But i still insist her middle name is Priscilla.
>>
>>48338723
I think a Select Weapon list of existing weapons you have is easiest. It'll be annoying to hit "custom heavy pistol" and remember you haven't bought your predator yet, but if the other option leads to possible unintended consequences then frag that option.

Also I can't put more than 50 Karma into Nuyen still, I have a Cyber-adept to build, Yekka!
>>
My friend insists that Lofwyr is just like Denholm Reynholm from the IT Crowd and now I can’t unhear the comparison.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejfYttZCnps
>>
>>48341401
Why did you do this to me?!?!?!
>>
>>48339985
We need houserules for grappleheavy hand to hand combat using gecko gloves.
>>
>>48338565
If you're a mage who can throw fireballs why would you ever decide punching someone was an effective alternative?
>>
>>48338805
This
>>
>>48341732
I had a runner with a Gecko Grip Bullwhip and the Whip Fighting and The Cowboy Way martial arts.
>>
>>48328862
The gun is good.
The penis is evil.
>>
>>48342064
That gives me an idea. Anything in particular a vampire hunter should take skill or equipment wise? Other than a whip, obviously.
>>
>>48341471
He's declaring war... On STRESS!
Gives a new definition to "fired", though.
>>
>>48338422
Maybe I just think the writers' complete lack of geopolitical knowledge (1 million people now occupy 90% of North and South America), the absolute bullshit that's been added in recent editions (Anything other than the base 5 races were a mistake), the boner for magic and the hatred for tech, The fact that the game world has not advanced in 32 in game years (With the only exceptions being bioware, nanoware, and wireless. What about metallurgy, energy, ballistics, encryption, software, etc?), magic is used as a deus ex machina (Oh no nuclear weapons don't work because of maaagic! You can't go to war because draaagons! The previously mentioned 1 million/90%), and for a game about corporations, the writers have no fucking clue how business works (Look at the whole "Ares, one of the largest companies in the world, with their fingers in every pie, are now going bankrupt because of one bad PR move and a shitty product")
>>
>>48343171
>wat
>>
>>48337875
Antisocial people who still want companionship but are bad at using computers.
>>
>>48343497

He's going FR a bit, but he makes a few points I'd like to agree with. Didn't know about the "1 million is 90% of North and South America", but I really do get this resentment for magic being used as a motor for metaplot rather than another tool misused by corps.
>>
>>48344306
I was exaggerating slightly there. It's more like 8-ish million people control 90% of the Americas. Considering there are probably around 1 billion people total in both continents, that's a very very very small percentage of people in 90% of the land. The fact that no Euro nation (UCAS, California, whatever) have told the natives to fuck off because they have 90% of the lebensraum for less than 1% of the population is nuts.
>>
quick question /srg/
about multiple attacks
I was under the impression that the multiple attacks action was only so you could attack more than 1 enemy with a single action. But I can't find the rule that prevents you from just attacking the same person twice.

Have I been wrong the whole time? Can you attack the same guy twice with the multiple attacks action (well, actions, 1 free action to say multiple attacks, and 1 simple/complex to actually attack)?

If so, is it worth doing?
>>
>>48345175
In 5e you can only make one attack action at one person per combat turn.

I think 4e doesn't have that limitation.
>>
>>48345543
See, I found the rule that you can only make one attack action. However, it specifies that you cannot take another attack action. It doesn't say "you can only shoot one person once per initiative pass".

And the multiple attacks free action specifically says you can divide your dice pool to attack multiple times with a single action.
I can't find the rule that says
>when making multiple attack action you cannot hit the same guy twice
>>
>>48330207
but renraku have dedicated pointmen in the red samurai who are armed primarily with katana
>>
>>48332882
>straight up public hit job on police
>guaranteed strong as fuck police response, you are right at the top of their "People to fuck up" list
>johnson will undoubtedly give a few details of your identity with the coverage
>probably will also slowly leak your identity through "investigative journalism" to keep the profits coming for weeks
>maybe you get a bit of street cred, but not enough to stop people cutting contact to avoid the inevitable arrest spree

Also
>implying "unarmed" isn't ten times harder to certify in a setting where 1 in 500 or so people can just melt your brain by squinting at you, and half the rest have a shotgun stuck inside their arm
>>
>>48344490
You've heard of VITAS, right?
>>
How much do I have to dump into non-run-related-skills to do some good old fashioned mad science?
I'd like to make radioactive multi-corgis, frankensteins, unethical clone experiments, and the like on my off time.
>>
>>48345971
Chemistry, Biotech, Cybertech, Medicine, and Engineering would be in the wheelhouse for you. To do most of the crazy shit would require GM approval aaaand rolling some meaningful dice pools.
>>
>>48328747
>What's the stickiest situation you've ever had to talk your way out of?

cops tracked the 50 kg of explosives that one runner left in the back of his van
had to convince them they were fireworks
didn't work

problem solved itself later when the van (and the runner, and the entire block) all exploded during the ensuing pursuit
>>
>>48346008
the problem is, I'd need to invest so heavily in those, I couldn't really run effectively. I think.
hence my conundrum.
>>
>>48346262
Exactly the point I was trying to imply. Creating armor, weapons, experimenting isn't really something supported in the system's rules. The closest I think you can get without straying too far is to be a Rigger or Combat Medic type who experiments with (Bio) Drones and 'Ware. You're trying to solve the Essence Limit and you don't care how many SINless you have to shove full of cyberdicks to do it.
>>
>>48346333
if only I could get some kind of high loyalty contact that was just "science" and represented my ability to do science shit.
>>
>>48328747
My party angered the Yakuza in the area and I had to convince their leader that a rap battle would be the appropriate way of solving the problem
>>
>>48345895
That doesn't mean they're extremely effective. They're also a close quarters urban tactical team, not a military force.
>>
>>48346573
anon, that one thing you said is a type of the other thing you said.
>>
>>48346596
You what?
Also, they operate off of rule of cool, not by any realistic tactics or whatever. They work because they work in the system, not in any real world theory.
>>
>>48346626
Yes, the system that the world runs on.
>>
>>48346659
There's a dissonance between the system and the game world, as with most game systems. To say otherwise would be madness.
>>
File: human_male_samurai-2.png (99KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
human_male_samurai-2.png
99KB, 212x278px
>>48346626

>Also, they operate off of rule of cool, not by any realistic tactics or whatever.

So fucking what?
>>
>>48346735
but they are also a thing in the game world, and generally pretty damn feared.
>>
I'm mucking about with Chummer5 to try and add modifications to a Cyber-implant? Anyone have any success with something like this?
>>
>>48346735
>the system allows melee to compete with ranged
>the world has melee specialized squads, and even random organized crime thugs carrying swords and shit

seems like in this specific case the system and the world are in perfect sync.
>>
>>48346769
Okay, tell me, how does someone with a sword become more feared than someone of equal training with a firearm?
>>
>>48346924
because they roll 21 dice for their melee attack and have 11 str

>:-)
>>
>>48346959
Oh okay
>>
>>48341867
Flame retardant suits, need something quieter than a crackling fireball, don't want to set off smoke alarms, don't want the guy to scream and wail as he's burnt to death, just want to be the strongest motherfucker in the world, the list goes on.
>>
Hoi chummers.

Couple of quick questions for you folks

Can exceptional attribute be taken after char gen? Also does it affect augmented maximums?

Also, can you max an attribute after char gen? Also, can you max more than one attribute after char gen?

I'd appreciate any help, can't look up the books right now because I'm computerless and my phone is shit.
>>
>>48347017
That's what street Sams are for mage fag. Stay off our turf!
>>
What are some good creepy-as-shit biomods?
I want to make a guy that is halfway street sam, halfway infiltrator, halfway terrifying biohorror.
I'm not allowed to be an insect spirit, even though it would really help with that third part.
>>
>>48347242
The answer to all of your questions is yes, but you might still need your GM's permission for exceptional attribute.
>>
>>48347242
>Can exceptional attribute be taken after char gen?
if it doesn't say it can't, then it can. Your augmented maximum is just your natural score +4.
>>
>>48347351
I assume you're asking about it for a PC.

You can take anything you're looking to alter from the cosmetic bioware group to get the looks of anything you're trying to do.
>>
>>48347242
also if you are going to take exceptional attribute you should do it at character creationg

paying 28 karma + whatever karma you need to actually increase your attribute means like 2 years worth of runs
>>
Are sovereign citizens a thing in shadowrun? If yes, do they just burn their sins and call it a day, or are they dumbasses who think spelling their name wrong makes them a AA megacorp?
>>
>>48347388
it's less about looks and more about being able to, I don't know, climb on the cieling like a fucking spider.
And bend my elbows 180 degrees to punch people in anatomically impossible ways.
>>
>>48347402
Isn't a sovereign citizen basically what a shadowrunner is?
>>
>>48347404
>>48347376
>>48347371
Thanks anons.
>>
>>48347404
oh, and triple bonus points for being able to do 180, or even 360 head rotations.
>>
>>48347400
>>48347461
Oops, tagged the wrong one. Once again, dog shit tier phone.
>>
>>48347466
You'll need some Cyberware, chummer.
>>
>>48347466

>>48347478
That's what I was just about to say, what you're looking for doesn't exist in this game in terms of bioware, but cyberware can do all those things you've mentioned.
>>
>>48347478
>>48347501
well, I guess biohorrors can have SOME cyber.

but that's a lot less creepy, which is key.
>>
>>48347501
Including, I think, an actual set of cyber spider legs.
>>
>>48347509
You could maybe talk your GM into letting you put bio cosmetic enhancements over your bioware if you pay the nuyen?
>>
>>48347530
But, just for your information, is going to be fuck expensive.
>>
>>48347530
you mean over your cyberware, right?
>>
>>48347509
Its not about what you're made of, its how you present yourself. Get your decker to cut the lights, throw in some gas grenades filled with drugs, and turn the run into Aliens.
>>
>>48347548
Yeah, my bad.
>>
>>48347550
Kek
This. Do this instead. My ideas are shit compared to this.
>>
>>48347550
>turn the run into aliens
You managed to guess my explicit goal with this character. But yeah, cutting the lights would be highly beneficial to the "creepy as fuck murdermachine" thing.
>>
>>48347427
Nah. A shadowrunner is a stateless person who commits crimes. Importantly, they don't believe being sinless makes them immune to cops. A sovereign citizen is (at least irl) someone who believes they have uncovered a secret way to become immune to police. Needless to say, the police usually disagree on that point.
>>
>>48347615
Yeah, runners do still go through the trouble of getting fake sins and licenses. They don't just go by the name rainbow sunflower and claim they burned their social security card so they can't be prosecuted for anything.
>>
>>48347649
And they definitely don't just lie down and scream "I'M A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN" while the cops give them a nice shoe and baton party.
>>
>>48340694
Whups, sorry bud. Missed that earlier. Fixed in the latest commit.
>>
My current GM's started to be very railroady, and I am looking for a new game. I'm a night owl in the EST timezone. Skype is brian.overton2
>>
So I started playing the shadowrun games and I kind of want to sleep with Eiger
>>
File: 1462756255037.gif (622KB, 239x158px)
1462756255037.gif
622KB, 239x158px
>>48347803
Are you a dude? Is it a dude?
My brain..
>>
>>48347803
Zeze feelinks are normal, zey will pass in time.
>>
>>48347912
I'm probably on some Humanis "day of the rope" list now.
>>
File: 1467137020546.gif (465KB, 200x317px)
1467137020546.gif
465KB, 200x317px
>>48347888
Dem 8s
>>
>>48347945
Probably. Be careful chummer. It's dangerous out there.
>>
>>48347945
Admittedly, despite the racist propaganda, most Humanis goons don't -actually- want to tussle with a troll, particularly not a combat trained one.

They'll pick on someone easier to bully first.
>>
>>48330207
>No, I'm not even the same guy. I'm just saying, that if the physics and whatever in Shadowrun worked as if they did in real life (In the sense of how the human body can take damage, the range of combat, strategy, tactics, whatever) then melee wouldn't be viable.

You keep ignoring all the differences between the SR setting and IRL. You're also hugely overgeneralizing about how, why and where combat occurs, and who's doing it.

In terms of damage and resistance, advanced body armours have been developed, advanced medicine improves surivability, and several means of doing more damage with melee weapons exist (e.g being a Troll, being an Adept, using a vibroblade, using a diakote weapon, etc).

The range of combat could vary hugely, but in SR it's chiefly going to be interiors and dense urban locations which means extremely short ranges.

Strategy and tactics in SR setting will vary immensely depending on context. Just like IRL, what's appropriate to a battlefield is not the same story in the criminal underworld.

A common game scenario has security forces facing shadowrunner intruders inside a building. For the Corporate side, this typically means mall cops who aren't going to be strutting around with high calibre military rifles or packing APDS ammo. The HTRT probably will, but shadowrunners tend to run from them. The mall cops will wear little armour or none, and often won't carry more than a pistol which is unlikely to bring down a charging, armoured Troll adept. Mall cops often don't even try to defeat shadowrunners, just delay them until the HTRT shows up. On the shadowrunner side, melee weapons are cheap, reusuable, effective, much more easily available than high-end firearms, and often more easily concealable. Carrying a combat knife or an axe may not even be a criminal offence. Miniguns are simply not practical for most runs, nor are they necessary.
>>
>>48347888
Then
>>48347979
>888
>7979
>Wizard confirmed
>>
>>48348007
Sure, but that doesn't really help my human mage.
>>
>>48348033
I was talking is a specifically military context.
And if there's means of doing more damage with melee weapons, there's even more for firearms. Again, you don't give the troll some sword, you give him a .50 BMG assault rifle.
>>
>>48348058
You're a mage, mind control the group and command them to shove their heads up their partner's asses.
>>
>>48348081
Doesn't work that way.
>>
>>48348191
Why doesn't it work that way?
>>
>>48348208
The rules.

An assault rifle does the same damage in the hands of a troll as it does in a human.

A sword used by a troll has more reach and more strength behind it than when a human uses it.
>>
>>48348081
>I was talking is a specifically military context.

No, you were quite clearly stating that melee weapons were not viable period.

>>48348208

Because you don't use your muscles to propel bullets.
>>
File: .50 BMG SLAP.jpg (54KB, 1599x526px) Image search: [Google]
.50 BMG SLAP.jpg
54KB, 1599x526px
>>48348254
I was referring to a realistic sense. I think people are getting my statements mixed up with in-game statements.

In theory, you could just make a really big assault rifle that would pack a lot more punch than some sword. Shoot pic related and kill everything.
>>
>>48348281
Nobody fucking cares, it's a tabletop game with wizards and dragons.
>>
>>48348033
>Mall cops often don't even try to defeat shadowrunners, just delay them until the HTRT shows up.

Speaking about this, as a DM I really don't see how the HTRT can ever get on time.
Simply because according to the rules, a round is 3 seconds. HTRT team arrivel is measured in minutes.

By the time 20 rounds have passed, every single guard in the facility is dead, the runners have the goods, and they're halfway across town.
>>
>>48345948

Arent media giants the unholy logical conclusion of Gawker, Murdoc and every scumbag news giant who would love nothing more than people being afraid and buy what is advertised in the commercial breaks?

The press in Shadowrun makes for great potential for running in the shadow. People would believe anything to be safe
>>
>>48348329
>Waaaah, he proved me wrong so I'm going to say I don't care to diffuse the situation
>>
>>48348332
Ideally (for the corp) there's been a call for security before the runners and the normal security meet.

Less ideally, there's going to be some chokepoints that the security can fall back to (or call the rest of the on-site team to get into) that will provide cover for the security and an easy suppressive fire zone for the security to make the team have to go through. There'll probably be darkness involved so that it's not super easy to decide if taking a round is worth an attempt at a grenading, but that's often a bit of a wash.

And then there's things like traps, cameras with guns in 'em, or even doors that lock down when an alert is raised and needs a transponder embedded-key to open.

I'd say most intended entrances and exits would have one of those instead of a maglock just because it takes more time to work at, even if it's less secure than a maglock would be.
>>
>>48348281
In theory, you could craft/purchase a daikoted vibro-mono-claymore and give it to the party melee guy, along with a spirit's movement service, making them way better than any firearm.
>>
File: m242.jpg (46KB, 1042x364px)
m242.jpg
46KB, 1042x364px
>>48348497
Get a strong troll, give him pic related, watch him be the best.
>>
>>48348534
here's the thing
a troll wouldn't actually be strong enough to use that. That gun is also more unwieldy then a sword.

shadowrun is straddling the line of
>melee guys have enough str to do more damage then any man-portable weapon outside of explosives
>but they don't have enough str to actually wield typically vehicle mounted weapons on their own
>>
File: BrowningM2HB.jpg (33KB, 800x250px) Image search: [Google]
BrowningM2HB.jpg
33KB, 800x250px
>>48348585
You could still do what I suggested before, which is turn pic related in to an assault rifle, and load it with APDS (Or, probably APFSDS at this point in time). You have something that can penetrate any man-wearable armour with ease, is automatic, and is man portable. Hell, if you wanted to get real crazy, you could carbine it and use it in close quarters.
>>
>>48347803
All three of the playable women in Dragonfall were great waifus, but I wanted to cuddle Glory.
>>
>>48348612
I'm not that /k/ but if this is just a machinegun, then the problem is the designers of shadowrun hate machineguns with a passion and made them strictly worse than assault rifles in every way (even the vehicle mounted ones!)

so the physics are wrong because the beings that created the 6th world are sometimes retarded
>>
>>48348692
Why do they hate machine guns
>>
>>48348692
Of course, because in the Shadowrun universe, the bullet on the left does more damage.

Can't wake up
>>
>>48348332
That's the point. Unless your runners really fuck up, then at best HRT arrives just in time to have a cool car chase with the runners.
>>
>>48348762
No clue, but they're basically only good for suppression.
>>
>>48348692
>even the vehicle mounted ones!
Machine guns in SR are for maintaining suppressing fire without reloading. Nothing else competes on that front.
>>
>>48348780
That's why I play Cyberpunk 2020
>>
>>48348810
Cyberpunk has its own problems. Like how wielding something extremely heavy is always better than light, because there's no recoil rules or bulk rules. It also has the issue of always hitting your target if you have +13 to your shooting roll.

I love the setting and system for the most part, but it's not flawless.

Really, I'd think GURPS would be good for a cyberpunk setting... You have the Min ST rules which let heavier people (trolls or cyberware) wield much bigger guns (A-la .50 BMG assault rifles), but it;s not always all around better, because of recoil and bulk.
>>
File: Rigger.png (1MB, 1000x1412px)
Rigger.png
1MB, 1000x1412px
What is the best way to do pic related in 5e?
>>
>>48348847
Well heavier guns encumber you and make it harder to move. I never could learn gurps myself
>>
>>48348868
>go into bathroom with a bottle of clorox
>close door
>grab the ammonia under the sink
>mix the two together
>wait
Don't play waifus.
>>
>>48348868
just...
make a rigger?

I'm not seeing anything there that requires any special thought when creating a character. I even googled the picture to see if that was some anime character with special powers but google didn't say shit.

I suppose actual dog drones would require the drone modification rules in rigger 5.0, but otherwise, pretty much every rigger is going to look like that.
>>
>>48348879
>Well heavier guns encumber you and make it harder to move
I don't think anyone on the planet used the weight rules for 2020. Most guns didn't even list a weight.
>>
>>48348847
Well yeah if you roll good, you should hit.

Also, I mostly preffer hit because I hate magic.
>>
>>48348907
I'm okay with the magic in Shadowrun. It doesn't interest me at all, but I can live with it being there. The system just doesn't really jive with me though.

But the issue is that you have a 90% chance to hit anything if you have +13 in your shooting. Which isn't that difficult to get at all. 9 Reflex, 4 Rifles, and boom, you're there. You will never miss a shot. It's one of the biggest problems in the system.
>>
>>48348868
Rigger.

Just play a rigger. Literally. That's it.

Get a rigger command console. Higher rating the better. Slave all your drones to that shit, run them on autonomous mode to either A; protect you or B; let loose and rip apart anybody not chipped by a friendly RFID tag that you should probably carry around and place on people you don't want dead. You can make it more intricate if you want, but whatever.

I think in Rigger 5 there's some medium to large sized drones that you can get to be essentially attack dogs. Don't recall completely though, so you're on your own for that front.
>>
>>48348904
I do, and everyone that I've ever played with has

>>48348969
True, but a 9 REF character is usually mid to late game. When characters start getting that op, you just through better armor or more guys Or have 7 be the limit for stats
>>
>>48349033
>I do, and everyone that I've ever played with has
Jesus christ how horrifying. Do you mean the armour encumbrance rules, or what? Because actually writing down the weight for stuff is... Jesus.

>True, but a 9 REF character is usually mid to late game.
No. Most solos go for 8-10 REF to start. You can't even up your base stats in 2020. Are you sure you're thinking of the same game as I am?
>>
>>48349108
Armor encumbrance.

>>48349108
You certainly can, with cyberware, implants, or linear frames.

I tend to run very Gutterpunk games, so the max I allow in a stat (when running gutterpunk) is 7.
>>
>>48349182
Linear frames don't really up your stats, they just let you lift more and handle bigger guns. And yes, I guess you can up your base stats through ware, yeah. But that's only a select few stats. And armour encumbrance has nothing to do with having a bulkier weapon.
>>
>>48349208
Large machine guns encumber you just like armor does, mano.
>>
>>48348868
Standard issue rigger. Put some points in... automatics? for that fancy gun, and possibly something to get you a second init pass. Grab yourself some randomass ground drones, slap some armor and some guns on them, and call it a day.
>>
File: ec0473e623db30eef392ab73cf8a310b.png (484KB, 1014x579px) Image search: [Google]
ec0473e623db30eef392ab73cf8a310b.png
484KB, 1014x579px
>>48349229
No they don't. Nowhere in the master weapon list do they mention that, nor do they mention it in any other book.
>>
>>48349296
Oh, I use datafortress and cyberpunk.asia for all my weapon resources. Many more weapons, vehicles, and cyberware that way.
>>
File: Smile.jpg (20KB, 197x206px)
Smile.jpg
20KB, 197x206px
>>48349268
>>48348999
>>48348903
Thanks
>>
>>48349339
All of which statted incorrectly, and are extremely overpowered.

Datafortress is the worst thing to ever happen to 2020.
>>
>>48349405
I'm sorry I like my combat deadly. Most of the damages are the same as the ones you posted. 6d6+2 for .308, 6d10 for .50, etc.

Besides, if everything is built around the "op" weapons, they cease to be OP
>>
>>48349512
Have fun with your arms race, I guess.
>>
>>48349544
>waaah wanting to improve is bad
>>
>>48349583
No, but at some point you're just playing for everyone to be built in to M1 tanks. There's nothing but "I NEED TO BE THE FUCKING HARDEST NIGGA HERE."
>>
>>48349621
If that's how you play, I guess. Fuck, one of our players played a brawler that aside from his brawling knew as many esoteric skills he could. Botany, Biology, Cooking, whatever. But he could only say his name, Umbuku.

Or there was J-Dog, the rapper boy that managed to go through an entire year long campaign without replacing his Uzi

Or Lars Von Niggerstomp, the skinhead that used a power drill, and only a power drill.
>>
>>48348585
Assault Cannons are explicitely mentioned as being stripped-down versions of vehicle autocannons.
>>
>>48350076
Which is weird considering they don't typically blow people apart like vehicle autocannons do.
>>
>>48350111
Agreed on that part, but Shadowrun devs hate anything bigger than an assault rifle.
>>
>>48350380
Is there a reason why?
>>
>>48350436
It would be sort of overpowered, I guess? Considering that there is nothing in this world that can withstand one direct hit from a 25mm bullet. I would be willing to bet a 30mm GAU-8 could easily take down a dragon without breaking a sweat. They probably just had to tone back damages to stop everyone from running around with Autocannons that do 50P damage (Which would probably be about realistic for them).
>>
>>48350465
I don't play Shadowrun (I'm just here for the cyberpunk refs) but how big are dragons normally?

Don't let OP drive you down, I was once part of a campaign where the party was given access to a fuel air bomb. Harare was wiped off the map. (One of our party members really hated Cyber Mugabe)
>>
>>48350546
Very big and very plot device-y. They're essentially big invincible things that are partially the reason why there are not any wars going on in Shadowrun despite there being great reason for many skirmishes.
>>
>>48350639
So....nuke em?
>>
>>48350678
Been there, tried that, didn't work as intended.
>>
>>48350678
Most dragons are, comparatively, polite and - this is the important part- tend to live near enough to cities that no polity alive would try to wipe 'em out that way.

Plus you'd get issues with toxic life forms in general, and nobody wants that.
>>
>>48350678
As
>>48350699
Said. Nukes don't work because of HURF DURF MAGIIIIC. Presumably nuclear reactors don't work either.
>>
>>48350699
Fuel Air Bomb. Bunker buster. Rod From God

>>48350730
Well then use a Rod From God. I don't care what something is, having a tungsten rod dropped on it from space will wreck its day
>>
>>48350774
Dragons have edge, frequently well into the double digits. This allows them to, for example, dodge the shot with four net successes that puts them outside the area of effect.
>>
>>48350841
Well then, that's fucking bullshit.

Off topic, have any of you guys read Preacher? I want to play Shadowrun as basically not!Jesse Custer
>>
>>48350841
In other words: Dragons are magic plot devices. That's really all they exist to be. Deus Ex Magica.
>>
File: Critical_glitch_or_not.gif (499KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
Critical_glitch_or_not.gif
499KB, 500x273px
are there historical incidents in shadowrun of extremely powerful magical users FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT like extremely powerful AIs have?
>>
>>48351043
It depends on if you count toxic mages, horrors, and the addiction aspect of blood magic beyond overcasting as flipping the fuck out.

And I guess the Bugs too. They should be in there.
>>
>>48350700
>>48350699
>>48350678
>>48350639
>>48350546

I personally dislike dragons in Shadowrun. Too much of a damper, plot wise, for geopolitics to get interesting.

Metaplot I've been considering would be a Super AI, Deus-level that has determined that dragons must be "removed from the global equation" in order for humanity to advance, and the inherent advantages that dragons have with regards to intellect, magic, and their goddamn strings they have in everything.

Not that the runners would ever actually fight the dragon, but they would be doing seemingly unconnected/random missions that move towards strange ends.
>>
>>48351113
sorta.
It counts more the more dependent the guy is on himself and the less it is some spirit.
>>
>>48351170
So definitely for the early investors into the bug craze, less so for the more recent ones that are full up on it?
>>
>>48351306
I think so if my understanding of how bug spirit outbreaks go down is correct.
unless the first guy is just posessed, in which case it's still pretty high up there.
>>
>>48351337
Ignoring the big one that everyone thinks of when bug outbreaks get mentioned (and possibly a few that started the same way, it's been a while since I read the starting of those guys coming in), it's entirely possible to have a chain of unbroken forced conversions.

But yeah, it's possible to go to the Bugs if you're crazy, desperate, or seven different kinds of INSANE.
>>
So, /SRG/, who would win in a fight:
A great dragon
Or a squadron (24) of pic related
>>
File: tumblr_n879whh5OP1qlq9poo1_1280.jpg (335KB, 1280x1635px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n879whh5OP1qlq9poo1_1280.jpg
335KB, 1280x1635px
>>48351849
It took four months and the entire German military force to seriously wound Feuerschwinge.
>>
>>48351849
Pretty sure the dragon would win. If it were that easy to kill a dragon, the Germans would have done it easily with Feuerschwinge.
>>
>>48351886
>>48351895
How about a squadron of those, with modernized and guided versions of link related?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIR-2_Genie
>>
>>48351849
>>48351921

The great dragon. He wouldn't even have to show up in person, merely send up spirit after spirit to fuck up those (comparatively) fragile flying contraptions bipeds are so fond of while eating popcorn.
>>
>>48351921
Honestly, the answer to either depends a lot on if it's a Great Dragon or the dragon's not that old/powerful/important yet.
>>
>>48350639
>>48350678
>>48350699
>>48350700
>>48350730
>>48350887
>>48350893
Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem with magic making something (essentially) invincible?
I mean it's magic. It doesn't have to follow the laws of physics.

And I much prefer dragons to be THE big scary things than just another fantasy monster to be hunted down by the humanoid races. The main problem with dragons in shadowrun is that they've been too humanized, which is why people tend to think of them like too powerful NPCs instead monsters and forces of nature.

They're smart, yes, but they still have a completely alien intellect.
>>
>>48352176
The fact that an entire military force can't take one, and they can preemptively detonate nuclear weapons in their silo/upon arming, as well as pull WoD antedeluvian levels of plot device magic out is just lame. Dragons aren't some super cool scary powerful thing, they're GODS, nearly in the Judeo-Christian manner. What they say, goes. They know all. They do what they want and bend the world to their liking. They don't make for an interesting setting piece (A-la antedeluvians when they wake up) and are just there for people to say "OH FUCK LOOK HOW POWERFUL THIS SHIT IS IT'S BANANAAAAAAS."
>>
>>48352376
>The fact that an entire military force can't take one
If en entire military force COULD take one, they would have been extinct the moment they woke up.
In order to have dragon in cyberpunk, you HAVE to make them strong enough to not get fucked up by all the megacorporations.
>>
>>48352376
They have been beaten by armies. It's just rarely cost-effective to go to war against one when they're, for the most part, willing to invest heavily in companies, grow food, and plot for centuries down the line against other dragons.

The nukes thing is separate, IIRC. And detonating one would still be a bad idea for the exceptional fallout of the act.
>>
>>48352395
Or, you make them not want to fuck with anyone. You handle dragons like small nations. They do stuff, you do stuff with them, but if they tread on one of the big boys, then all hell breaks loose.

>>48352399
>Fallout
Someone didn't read FM-3-3-1. Airbursts give off fuck and all for fallout. They're clean as hell, really.
>>
>>48352416
it's not like dragon's are completely invincible though

All the good dragons that helped metahumans got killed. like big D, for example.
and feuswhing or whatever the name was did eventually lose to the german military.
>>
>>48352416
It's more me forgetting/not remembering how irradiated things have to be to get radiation type toxics and erring on the side of a bad pun/reference.
>>
>>48352429
And Sirrurg had to be pulled out by the other dragons after trying to duke it out with Aztechnology/Aztlan.

They aren't indeed invincible. They are however simply not worth messing with.
>>
Hey guys. I'm running a non-serious campaign, and one of my players wants to play a Street Shaman mystic adept, but they want to have the drain stat be assigned to Strength to be, in their words, a punch wizard.

I wanted to know what /srg/ thought of it being allowed? Neither the CRB nor Street Grimoire have anything to say about custom traditions as far as I can see.
>>
>>48352429
Still, having things be that massive in the plot device levels is just not great. As I said, I can compare them to antedeluvians in WoD. The fact that a post modern military has troubles dealing with ONE is insane. I can't even begin to think how they would deal with squadrons of fighters and all those air-to-air missiles flying at them.

>>48352432
The lower tactical yields (1-5kt) are more or less as clean as regular artillery. The only reason they aren't used en-masse is because of fear of escalation to larger tactical (200-750kt) or strategic (1-5mt) weapons, and it delays operations for a small amount of time (The warhead used in pic related was estimated to leave the battle zone too "hot" for about 30 minutes).
>>
>>48352495
>till, having things be that massive in the plot device levels is just not great.
The AAA corps are even bigger plot devices. Shit, the setting lately pratically revolves around aztechnology and their bullshit.

> I can't even begin to think how they would deal with squadrons of fighters and all those air-to-air missiles flying at them

To start with, they're huge, with super tough scales. They're also super magical. Magic is pretty amazing. Shit, give a regular wizard enough magic score and immunity to drain and he too will be able to take on an entire army, just with the spells from the books.
>>
>>48352495
Honestly, despite it all, I feel that anything under ~10kt isn't a nuke - it's somebody being stupid with fissionable material. But despite my thoughts on the matter I'd still be wary about using one of those around any places with bad juju or feng shui.

And I don't think they're quite at the point of the antedeluvians, if only because I don't recall the dragon's plot powers being as wide open as the big vamp's are.
>>
>>48352429
>Big D
>Good
>Helped metahumans
Yes good drink the kool-aid
>>
>>48352574
he's dead anyway so it doesn't matter
the jackpointers certainly seem to think he was good anyway.

They had a discussion about it on street magic. Something like "all the dragons that try to do something good to metahumans get wreck't, what a shame"
>>
>>48352477
I don't think that's how magic works. I'm pretty sure that drain is always willpower + one other MENTAL attribute.
Then again it's a silly game so do what you want. If he rolls a troll or whatever it might throw off game-balance a little but eh.
>>
>>48352477
>>48352593
I'd say go for it, but limit this tradition to humans only
>>
>>48352592
>>48352592
'Never cut a deal with a dragon' is not short for 'never cut a deal with a dragon unless he offers you a cool vaccine that will extend your lifespan with no negative side effects ;)'
>>
>>48352477
If he takes Adept Spell, he can have Punch (the spell) resisted with Will+Body.

And if you let a Power Focus boost his magic for the purposes of Adept Spell, that's a Strong Punch there. Or go for Blast can cast Punch Many. (Or get a pair of rating 4 Qi Foci and switch between Punch and Punch Many at will.)
>>
>>48352544
>The AAA corps are even bigger plot devices. Shit, the setting lately pratically revolves around aztechnology and their bullshit.
Thus why I also don't like the AAAs. AA or bust.

And just how tough are their scales? From the stats given, they're barely as armoured as an M1A1 Abrams MBT, and we can punch through those with 120mm APFSDSDU.

>>48352565
When most people think nuclear weapon, they think the big boys; LGM-30s with 1.2mt W56 warheads, and the like. But in actuality, tactical weapons with low yield are far more practical. 1-5kt is a good yield for attacking troop formations (A tank column, as an example), disabling electronics, and destroying the enemy's morale. They're deployed differently from regular bombs or other such explosives, and even at those small yields are far more effective than the aforementioned conventional weapons. They're probably the most useful sort of nuclear weapon for military use, with the higher tactical yields being for psuedo-strategic targets (Comm hubs, ammo dumps, etc), and strategic weapons only good for hitting military, industrial, and oil targets in a non-battleground country.

In short, don't talk shit about low yield tactical weapons.
>>
>>48352629
To me, at least, the metaphorical genie's been out of the bottle too long and, like you said, any nuke invites escalation or at least similar retaliation.

They're about half way to what Gatling and Nobel thought (or were said to have thought) about their own inventions, which is a pity. I'd rather have it be the other half of the equation than being too good to not have.
>>
>>48352682
Nuclear weapons are great, as long as you don't get a general strategic exchange (What most people think of when they think nuclear war). A tactical or even limited strategic exchange is some good ass war fighting, if I do say so.

Maybe I'm just an oddball and love tactical nuclear warfare more than any man has a right to. The tactics behind it, and how it would be fought are just so interesting.
>>
>>48352699
Possibly, but that's what I meant about the genie being out of the bottle. I don't think you could guarantee a tactical exchange if either side was bigger than Liechtenstein and even then you might want to go back a few decades to when the cow to person ratio was around 3 to 1.
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.