[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's an army you love the look and lore of but can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: dark eldar.jpg (84KB, 620x250px) Image search: [Google]
dark eldar.jpg
84KB, 620x250px
What's an army you love the look and lore of but can't get into on the tabletop
Pic related
>>
Dark Eldar.
>>
deldar
>>
>>48279408
Dark Eldar, used to play them in third ed, love the fluff, tried to restart and my god but the rules are awful now.
>>
Beastmen
>>
Beastmen.
>>
Beastmen.
>>
Chaos Marines
>>
>>48279408
Infantry spam Imperial Guard.
6 full Platoons... 5 Infantry squads, 1 50 man conscript squad, 1 command squad each. 325 American dollars, before tax, per Platoon (1950 American Dollars before tax), not including heavy weapon and special weapon squads.
>>
File: 1463862635339.jpg (420KB, 1280x1327px) Image search: [Google]
1463862635339.jpg
420KB, 1280x1327px
>>48280254
Alas this.
>>
>>48280328
How much is that in yuans?
>>
warzone's brotherhood
WW2 soviet
napoleonic austrians
SYW prussians
whatever ottomans
mercs seffadu
fantasy beastmen
30k alpha legion

somebody just send me a couple grands and a friend to play with please
>>
>>48279408
Imperial Service from Infinity
>>
Are the Dark Eldar salvageable on the tabletop if you bring their lame stuck up cousins along?
>>
>>48283071
Yes. Bring a Warlock on a bike, a token (or two) unit of jetbike troops, and a Wraithknight.
Doing this allows you to bring whatever DE units you want, and still be competitive against nearly any list.

I've seen Venom Spam, and a DE deathstar with something buffing those big weird dudes they have. iirc there was another type of unit in the deathstar as well. Both lists seemed moderately decent.
>>
5th edition DE codex was awesome, why did GW have to destroy it?
>>
Actual swarm tyranids,not this flying monstrous creature bullshit or the Nidzilla of 4th but a true wave of hundreds of gaunts with larger supporting creatures behind it.
>>
>>48280254
I love the look of CSM Raptors and the DV chosen, but everything else in the Army either doesn't interest me (dinobots) or, worse, is dated as hell.

The rules also don't help me want to start an army. Seriously, for the big bad of the setting Chaos falls way short in all other departments.
>>
>>48283071
Yeah, but with the changes to ally transport you'll be playing mostly the craftworld hicks with a splash of real space elf.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.