[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought this just to get a feel for the game. I have never played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: magictoolkt.png (201KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
magictoolkt.png
201KB, 500x307px
I bought this just to get a feel for the game. I have never played it, but have observed it once or twice. What will my next step be? Replace all these cards altogether? Replace them gradually? With what? How?

Any tips are welcome.
>>
>>48227837
>>48227837
read about formats
then buy chinese fakes according to uour keikkaku
end
>>
>>48227857

I have slightly and I think modern is the most attractive format right now. Keeping up with standard isn't something I'm likely to do.
>>
Depends how far down the rabbit hole you wanna go.

If you just want to try it out, just buy some preconstructed decks, or a bulk lot & play with some friends.

If you want to get gud, start by drafting, make friends with the people who win. Learn from them.

The next set has a prerelease this weekend, I recommend going to it, it's usually pretty newbie friendly.
>>
>>48227982
>Depends how far down the rabbit hole you wanna go.

I honestly don't know yet. I doubt I wanna be the next *insert your Michael Jordan equivalent here*, but I might at some point want to walk down to my local tournaments.

I might go to the prerelease!
>>
>>48228153
Learn to identify Good cards, Money cards, and which ones to prioritize when. Knowing the value of the foil mythic you just got will help you not trade it away for trash.

Also understanding the underlying strategy in Magic will do you wonders. It's really best to get a group of friends playing.
>>
>>48228681

Thanks!
>>
>>48227837
Are you playing with friends at houses or planning to play at stores or both?

If you never played before go download Magic Duels on your phone, tablet, or Windows PC. Go to Help & Options, Settings, Gameplay, turn off Simplified Targeting, Auto Resolution, Order Blockers Automatically, and Always Use Optional Abilities. Even if you are experienced it is a great way to learn phases, the strack, and priority correctly.
>>
>>48227837
>I bought this just to get a feel for the game
>not playing magic:duels for free
Is it too late to get your money back?
>>
>>48229157
>Are you playing with friends at houses or planning to play at stores or both?

I might convince a few friends to play with me. If I want a regular game though I might have to seek out some local shops and cafés and start signing up to some low-level tournaments.

I will consider doing that! Thanks!
>>
Honestly though this shit is pretty overwhelming. The sheer combinatorics of the game. And the compromise between not being the worst scrub ever and not wanting to spend a fortune...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.