[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been making a Character Sheet for a custom D&D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Page 1.png (53KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Page 1.png
53KB, 1440x900px
I've been making a Character Sheet for a custom D&D campaign.

What do you think about it?
>>
File: Page 2.png (128KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Page 2.png
128KB, 1440x900px
It's still a work in progress.

I'm considering the Layout for magic and equipment. I want to make it a 2 page thing if possible.
>>
>>48189562
Looks awful.
>>
>>48189656
Care to explain?

I'm doing my best with Openoffice.
>>
I don't think you're really using the right program for this.

It's impressive for what I assume is basically a word processor, but I think you're better off building it in a program like Photoshop and Illustrator, because my main issue is just the spacing between the sections, and while that's hard to manipulate in a Word Processor, it's very easy in an image/document editing program.

Also, not a huge fan of the death saves/inspiration/current HP, because those tend to be very temporary and are better off being tracked on a separate piece of paper.
>>
>>48189703
Hmm... Should I make the Death Saves, Inspiration, Current HP, and temporary effects on a separate half-page, and cut one out for each player?
>>
>>48189724
You could, but it's not wholly necessary. I'd say worry more about the formatting of the main sheet, and downloading a more appropriate program.

I think you can still download a free version of Photoshop CS2, though, ultimately, the best program for this sort of thing would be Adobe InDesign (that you can also download the CS2 version for free) except that has a bit of a steeper learning curve.

I'm still impressed by what you managed to do with the tool you chose to use, but the end product will be better if you just use a better tool.
>>
>>48189759
Thanks, I'll do just that. Will post as I go along.
>>
>>48189562
>>48189656
No offence okay but I don't see what you hope to achieve with this. Most easily available official character sheets already have better art design and layout.

Did you have any particular end goal in mind?
>>
>>48192156
Official D&D Character sheets don't have the 7 stats, only 6. I want something that's efficient so my characters aren't scuttling to find what spell, skill, or weapon they want to use.
>>
>>48192549
Hey you split it agility from Dex, good on you.
>>
>>48189562
>>48192549
Need more context to pass judgement on house-rules.
Layout goes it's functional but unappealing. You really shouldn't be trying to design character sheets in OpenOffice, or whatever that is.
>>
>>48192766
Agility gives a boost to movement speed, whereas dexterity gives a boost to finesse weaponry. It makes the Dexterity skill less overpowered by splitting its function.
>>
>>48192853
Yeah I put that much together. I see what you're doing with Insight and Knowledge too; not necessarily a bad move, but pretty superfluous.
>>
>>48192889
I tend to get superfluous when working on projects.
>>
File: StarChuckle.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
StarChuckle.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>48189562
1. get a better program, holy shit
2. spell page; spells always get their own page
3. Fonts are way too big; 12 provides more than enough height for people to write into boxes
4. Use fucking boxes; none of this grey-negative/brackets shit
5. you don't have anywhere for them to write their skill totals
6. Consider collapsing CON into STR
7. Consider fixing the capacity rules, or just use the ones form 3.5. 5th has children cleaning 200lbs over their heads.
>>
File: Spiritual Ketchup.png (662KB, 855x476px) Image search: [Google]
Spiritual Ketchup.png
662KB, 855x476px
>>48193002
Well, I do want it to look nice, I like the font I am using.

Constitution into strength... I never thought about doing it before. What would need to change as a result?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.