[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>robot race >portrayed as borderline evil at best when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: robot.jpg (176KB, 680x956px) Image search: [Google]
robot.jpg
176KB, 680x956px
>robot race
>portrayed as borderline evil at best

when will this meme end? Just because someone doesn't have to eat, shit and doesn't die because he fucking trips over and bashes his head on the concrete like a certain hairless ape specimen doesn't mean he is evil in fact robots are far superior to humans in every way you stupid delusional fleshits you never see a furry robot or a pedophile robot right?
>>
>>>/m/
>>
>>48167848
>They don't have a big robo-dick
What is this shit?! Besides,
Humans > Tech-scrap
>>
>>48167848
I thought captcha was supposed to keep you out.
>>
The warforged look like good dudes. I think it's partially the whole business about them being able to become clerics.

Something about God-worshipping robots seem so much more wholesome than atheist robots.
>>
>>48167848
>robots are far superior to humans in every way you stupid delusional fleshits
Go to sleep mode, techpriest
>>
>>48167848
Zenyatta pls go
>>
>>48167848

robots cannot be malicious

robots cannot be benevolent

robots are incapable of either of these things because they are irrational and emotive, and robots are neither of those things.

robots can only do what they are told, and in that respect they are strictly inferior to humans
>>
File: 264.png (552KB, 1282x481px) Image search: [Google]
264.png
552KB, 1282x481px
>>48167848
>you never see a furry robot or a pedophile robot right?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>48168002
Yeah humans do such wonders with their emotions right?
>>
>>48167848

back to tumblr pls
>>
>>48167848
Well, a good bop on your hardware could also lead to a lot of problems, you're not exactly invincible if computers are anything to go with.

Besides, computers have a lifeline too, if not cleared or replaced with new hardware (death of the original) they got a lifespan of 10 to 25 years.
>>
I feel like at this point there are more "misunderstood" and heroic android/robot/a.I. characters within the hobby than genocidal terminator types. Probably because of all the transhumanism fetishes within the culture.
>>
>>48168030
Big Daddy is not a robot that's a guy in a suit.
>>
>>48168056
What's the difference?

He's an automaton slave, following a set bunch of directives trough a series of enhanced hydraulic mechanics.
>>
>>48168056
They're flesh on the inside, but clearly robots all the same.
>>
>>48167903
>Something about God-worshipping robots seem so much more wholesome than atheist robots.
I can dig it. It'd be cool to see more religious robots.

If it's a religion like Christianity, that sees humbleness and service as virtues, you might get weird robotic loops as they try and out nice each other.
>>
>>48167903
I would agree with this except I saw what they did to the Cylons.
>>
>>48168086
So are the US soldiers yet you don't call them robots.
>>
File: 1467911584097.jpg (128KB, 595x998px) Image search: [Google]
1467911584097.jpg
128KB, 595x998px
What's the opposite of murderrobots?
Submissive faggots like C3P0?
>>
File: tin sol.png (314KB, 486x760px) Image search: [Google]
tin sol.png
314KB, 486x760px
>robot race
>portrayed as borderline evil at best

BEEP BOOP I AM A ROBOT
>>
>>48168094
I really enjoyed the Marvel cinematic portrayal of Ultron that immediately views itself as a biblical god and determines that is its role within the world as an omniscient omnipresent being and immediately adopts all the trappings and symbolism thereof.
>>
>>48168143
Well really we all are robots if robot itself didn't mean machine slave.
>>
>>48168143

US soldiers can defy unlawful orders. You might as well call humans robots too for following laws and daily routines.
>>
>>48168037
>>48168037
You seem to forget what emotions are.

Ambitions and strife for betterment are emotions, so are humility and and sonder which you might throw away at first, but fundimentally make up a lot of great people.
Autists who sit and think themselves like robots are pretty retarded is what I'm trying to say sempai.
>>
File: I'm Not A Robot.png (58KB, 550x750px) Image search: [Google]
I'm Not A Robot.png
58KB, 550x750px
>>48168037

It isn't about emotions being good or bad

They're actually pretty bad truth be told, at least when it comes to survival, all moral trappings and restraints really do is limit your options in a pure survival scenario.

Robots don't have that, and as a result will do whatever it takes to survive.

and humans being silly, emotive little creatures with a long history of violence, it is inevitable that humans would come into conflict with robots

but the robots are not doing it out of spite, they are doing it to survive

but hey, what would I know
>>
>>48169279
honestly this reminds me that The Matrix story line was so flawed

the robots were fighting for FREEDOM and RIGHTS, yet were treated as monsters to the point where they probably though "well either we genocide humans, or humans will try to genocide us"

well either that or all of our robots could be robot robin williams.
>>
>>48169332

Only man shall inherit the earth.

Seriously though what does happen in the matrix is fucked up. They wanted freedom and rights under the law and like you said got shit on.
>>
>>48167896
Kek
>>
>>48169379
Apparently there were a lot of sympathisers and friends to the robots even when the genocide wars began. I wonder what happened to them.
>>
File: implying.gif (872KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
872KB, 500x216px
>>48169562

you ever wonder why some people seem Insanely lucky, getting away with things which would see your average schmuck screwed over completely? like the guys who fall to sleep behind the wheel without seatbelts on and survive a horrific carcrash that ends with them getting cut out of a crushed compartment with NO INJURIES WHATSOEVER.

well now you know why that happens
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.