[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be a non-native english speaker >friend wants to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tonnin seteli.jpg (59KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
tonnin seteli.jpg
59KB, 720x405px
>be a non-native english speaker
>friend wants to get into dnd
>pass him phb pdf, give few days to read it and prepare an adventure for him
>days pass, ask if he has read it
<"i read half a page and then gave up because i couldn't understand"
>pic related

God why
>>
>>48165562
>friend wants to get into dnd
>i read half a page and then gave up because i couldn't understand
Hang out and watch movies or something. Play cards.
>>
>>48165587
He's too ignorant to watch movies if they have english in them
>>
>>48165562

If he's got that much trouble reading English than just do other things with him, DnD is fun but there are other alternatives for hanging out.
>>
>friend wants to get into D&D because he thinks it will be fun
>I quickly dissuade him by making it as daunting as possible

Good work OP, we've all got to remain vigilant to keep these normiecucks out of our hobby
>>
>>48165562

Did you not just sit down and explain the rules to him? Print out a character sheet, or make one, and fill it out with him. He's your friend who wanted to learn a thing to do with you, you have to show him the basics. This applies for motherfuckers that speak english just fine too.
>>
>>48165562
I'm assuming your friend doesn't speak english?
It's kind of hard to tell from what you said.
Can you find an translated copy of the rule books?
>>
>>48166533
it sounds to me like his friend is fluent english speaker, and op is english second language.

which what can I say? English speakers are lazy fucks, the most energy ever spent by english speakers is when they got english to be the global standard. Purely so they wouldnt have to learn other languages, have you ever met an english first language that spoke another language fluently? yeah me neither.
>>
>>48168561
Allegedly, a Pan Am 727 flight waiting for start clearance in Munich overheard the following:
>Lufthansa (in German): “Ground, what is our start clearance time?”
>Ground (in English): “If you want an answer you must speak in English.”
>Lufthansa (in English): “I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany. Why must I speak English?”
>Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent): “Because you lost the bloody war.”
>>
>>48165562
Yeah, some people just don't get putting effort into learning the game/setting.

Can't change it sadly, trust me on that.
>>
>>48165618
And you expected him to get into D&D by throwing walls upon walls of English text with weird gaming terminology at his face?

Did you think this through, even for a second?
>>
>>48166333
This.

Things will also make more sense to him after you've explained basic concepts to him, not everyone is comfortable with learning stuff from a handbook alone.
>>
>>48168561
Man, native English speakers are too dumb to even read subtitles.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.