[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #938: Sanctioned Bullying Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 689
Thread images: 53

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48138797
>>
Small breasted waifus are still waifus! Stand against the bullying of waifus regardless of their breast size! Unless they are masochists. . .
>>
Re-asking:

>>48147634
>>
So, gonna repeat the question from the last thread before I fuck off to sleep.

Paging TopHat and/or Spyro:
> Need to know if Gummi Shipyard MUST be ran by Chip n' Dale.

> I've got fairies from KanColle who haven't been doing much because their KanMusume has decided to magic all the things. So, why not put them in charge of the Gummi Shipyard?

G'night /jc/ and remember, do not bully the titlet dragon healer in plain view of her adoptive family. There are less painful ways to die.
>>
RIP Magnificently Massive Mammary Master Race Edition
>>
>>48147845
As far as I'm aware yeah it's powered by the soul.
>>
File: waifunapper.png (11KB, 1244x788px) Image search: [Google]
waifunapper.png
11KB, 1244x788px
Jumpers!

Everyone has their own rules of engagement, so what are yours? What targets are always acceptable? What targets are never acceptable?

>pic unrelated
>>
Hips & Ass are where it's at.
>>
>>48147839
Small breasted waifus must be bullied and teased.
>>
File: Yuri (not forbidden love).jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yuri (not forbidden love).jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>48147880
Is there a problem, comrade?
>>
File: +1000CP.jpg (635KB, 881x1327px) Image search: [Google]
+1000CP.jpg
635KB, 881x1327px
Jumpers! Have you ever been bullied?
>>
>>48147886
How dare you steal someone's waifu.
>>
>>48147863
>Magnificently Massive Mammary Master Race Edition
Soon
>>
>>48147845
The wiki makes it sound more like an exteenal force.
>>
YYH question on the Jagan Eye.

The eye is canon level, remember he rarely used his eye outside of the first arc he was introduced or so. When he did use the eye it was to help him master his Demon Dragon attack.

That was only possible because the eye allows one to regulate one's energy with a finite control. Which is why he was able to master the dragon attack and not get eaten by it.

Most Heiei's power came from his nature of being a Male Fire Demon born from Yuko-Onos. It doesn't come with power degrade, and you don't have to have a pre-existing third eye. The demon surgeon drills a third eyesocket.
>>
>>48147839
Nah I am a sadist man, I enjoy bullying her and biting and taking out the whips and the knives and the- well I think you get it.

Although having a vore fetish is taken to a new level when your companion can come back to life, so I try not to enjoy my own fetish too much lest she asks for her own.
>>
>>48147965
You kill your waifu as part of sex! I would think someone with that fetish would be able to find the right perks to do that without their waifu having to die for it!
>>
>>48147845
I think it's more the soul working the proper frequency to interact with an outside force.
>>
>>48147922
There was a competing thread that was made immediately after this one but got deleted.
>>
>>48148017
It's a great name, it'll rise again.
>>
>>48147880
I used the marvel jump to create an eye of judgement that lets my see persons guilt
+ Justice from undertale lets me see their LOVE
So I don't have to worry about if the person i'm throttling deserved it or not

>>48147903
All The Time
Somehow there is a person in just about every jump that has my powers and is determined to be an absolute dick to me. Like the fuck man? I just got here and you already hate me. Judgemental much?
>>
Wasn't answered last thread so asking again.

How does 40Ks Alpha Biomancy stack up against the other biokinesis perks (Worm/Shadow Ops/Marvel Combo)?
>>
>>48147957
>Drills a third eyesocket
>Right into the frontal lobe

So you'd lose some brain function and have a weakened skull? Because a third eye socket would weaken the structural integrity of the frontal bone.
>>
>>48147880
My nation has two codes of war, one for mercenary work one for being an actual part of it:

>>as a mercenary we have a moral responsibility to help those without the means to defend themselves gain a level playing field while simultaneously avoiding escalation

>>as a party in the war Our code of war stipulates that war is a horrible last resort And therefore must be ended as quickly and decisively as possible so that we can get Back to peace
>>
>>48147880
People who want to think they're the smartest person in the room are always acceptable targets. Mostly because their scrambling to prove that no, really, they're the best tends to be hilarious adorable.
>>
>>48148067
So just a specific form of insecurity?
>>
>>48148067
Top kek.
>>
>>48148061
Animu demon magic gives zero shits about biology.
JC fiat gives less-than-zero shits about biology.
>>
>>48148087
Yeah. It's fun to break them down and reveal that all their posturing and scheming really is just them covering up for their insecurity. The best part is when you can use OOC knowledge to fuck with them, because then they get to freak out about how I knew about some event despite them putting so much effort into covering it up.
>>
>>48148152
At least give them a hug afterwards.
>>
>>48148061
It's a magic eye, MAGIC. So none the real weaknesses that would be associated with having a third eye drilled into your skull.
>>
>>48148012
Its that scp perk that lets her survive me slicing her apart.
>>
>>48148187
Okay, just making sure. Because the drilling part seemed to imply that mundane methods were used to insert a magical eye.
>>
Can I get an opinion on whether something is suitable as a Rainmaker Kid power in PS238? I'm taking it in addition to FISS, because I figure the best way to get around the "you're so generic" stereotype is branding. The idea is that I'm a next-generation improved model of Antaeus, the giant whose power came from the earth and so was super strong and durable so long as he was touching the ground. So my Rainmaker Kid aspect would be that I am the earth, in miniature. Like, I'm made of earth and water and a molten (though not actually that hot) core, covered in microscopic plants and animals. And so since I can never not be touching the earth, being the earth, I can maintain my FISS powers at all times.
>>
>>48148220
Oh, I thought you meant companion Resurrection. Still I hops she has pain tolerance perks.
>>
>>48148187
So does the magic eye take up actual space in the skull, or is it like *extradimesional*, man?
>>
>>48148244
Way, way outside the scope of Rainmaker Kid if you ask me.
>>
>>48148244
The "you're so generic" aspect is enforced by drawback fiat: there isn't much "getting around" that.
>>
>>48148250
I've never seen anyone so anal about inhuman biology in an anime.
>>
>>48147880
>What targets are always acceptable?
Evil people. Not steal your shit evil, though. Real evil. Like murdering for teh lulz, raping, abusing children.
I will straight up fuckin' eat these people.

>What targets are never acceptable?
Kids. Never ever, mane. That shit goes on your permanent record in your soul.
Also never mentally incompetent people. (retarded and the like).
>>
>>48148286
1. Not the same guy.

2. Really? How long have you been here?
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 500x381px
>>48148250
>>
>>48148250
Yes? Maybe it works as part of your brain and an eye at the same time? It is magic. Really anon don't overthink things or you'll start realizing how many cracks there are in most universes you visit
>>
>>48148267
Really? But it's not actually useful for anything. It's just cosmetic. I'm already covered in microorganisms as a human. And I'm as durable as rock thanks to FISS. So being turned into rock with a coating of microorganisms doesn't seem that powerful. It's not like it's actually enabling my FISS powers, those are on all the time anyway, that's just my in-character justification for it.

>>48148272
Look, I'm just trying to make it an interesting scenario. I know people are going to find me generic anyway, this is just to give me a niche appeal.
>>
>>48148244
>Can I get an opinion on whether something is suitable as a Rainmaker Kid power in PS238? I'm taking it in addition to FISS, because I figure the best way to get around the "you're so generic" stereotype is branding. The idea is that I'm a next-generation improved model of Antaeus, the giant whose power came from the earth and so was super strong and durable so long as he was touching the ground. So my Rainmaker Kid aspect would be that I am the earth, in miniature. Like, I'm made of earth and water and a molten (though not actually that hot) core, covered in microscopic plants and animals. And so since I can never not be touching the earth, being the earth, I can maintain my FISS powers at all times.

that sounds more like you're looking for two purchases of miscellaneous meta,rainmaker kid doesn't cover anything remotely applicable in combat .more specifically:body of earth, body of water, body of magma, microecology, bear in mind the microscopic plants and animals will have abilities scaled to How very very small they are. And you Are given no ability to control them in any way so you're probably going to be really itchy all the time.
>>48148364
no, it's really not .
>>
Can you still use a melee weapon you imported as a Teigu without sacrificing spiritual energy? You would just be unable to access Teigu abilities, correct?

And what about traits inherent to the weapon like durability: do those still require spiritual energy to function?
>>
>>48148364
>But it's not actually useful for anything. It's just cosmetic.
>It's not like it's actually enabling my FISS powers. . .

That directly contradicts this:

>And so since I can never not be touching the earth, being the earth, I can maintain my FISS powers at all times.

That's a No Sell if I ever heard one. You can't be deprived of your powers because yada yada.

If you want that, do what >>48148396 suggested and double buy Misc. Meta.
>>
>>48147637
>Liches?
It's humerus that you think that. Tibia honest I don't know what was going on in your cranium.
>>
>>48148396
I'm aware. I'm not looking for anything applicable to combat. It's just a cosmetic excuse for why I've got FISS, it's not going to give me any additional strength on top of it for being made of rock. And the water isn't going to matter, because going by scale it's just going to be a thin film on top of me. As for the magma, I said it wouldn't actually be that hot. Hotter than a normal human's core temperature, but not enough to use in combat. And I don't want to control the microorganisms, they're just for decoration.

>>48148419
It's not a No Sell. I'd still be affected by power nullification. Baseline FISS doesn't have any special weaknesses, but can be nullified. This is the same thing. I'm introducing a weakness to my FISS that it shouldn't have, then spending CP to get rid of my self-imposed weakness. Other means of bypassing FISS would still apply. I just want a neat little backstory as an elemental, that's all.
>>
>>48148440
Always bully liches.
>>
File: Being.jpg (11KB, 303x76px) Image search: [Google]
Being.jpg
11KB, 303x76px
/JC/, are you a cyborg (or even further)?
>>
>>48148457
You've just been told no by the jump maker. So you can either accept his suggestion on how to make it happen or not. Arguing your case won't win you any points.
>>
>>48148457
Don't bother, anon. Creativity is shunned here and going against the norm makes you an asshole.
>>
>>48148467
Does not compute.
>>
>>48148494
I've been told no by the jumpmaker because he misunderstands what I want. He thinks I want cool elemental powers. I don't. What I want is a cool elemental aesthetic.
>>
>>48148505
So just take Misc. Meta like he suggested.
>>
>>48148505
>What I want is a cool elemental aesthetic.
Be a Journal Entry in Gravity Falls, then.
Problem solved.
>>
File: Rannoch_Destroyer_Shot.png (630KB, 730x830px) Image search: [Google]
Rannoch_Destroyer_Shot.png
630KB, 730x830px
>>48148467
I AM YOUR GENETIC DESTINY.
>>
>>48148528
But Misc. Meta is for things that are useful to a superhero. Rainmaker Kid is for powers that have little to no practical application in superheroics.
>>
How hard is it to find Adamantium or Vibranium in Marvel? I'd rather not purchase it with cp, though, if at all possible.
>>
File: tumblr_mkp8xnJHUq1rw3kc5o1_500.gif (499KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkp8xnJHUq1rw3kc5o1_500.gif
499KB, 500x280px
Hey /jc/, how long did it take you t go mad with power?
>>
>>48148402
Yep you got it right on all counts. You don't need to use energy for inherent traits.
It's more like you need to be X awesome to be able to wield it, but once you hit the bar you only feel the strain when you are making use of the special abilities.
>>
>>48148505
Neither of these perks are really meant for aesthetic purposes sorry,but I think what you're looking for is in skullgirls.
>>
>>48148581
Alright, fair enough. I'll just think of some other backstory for PS238, then.
>>
>>48148565
Thanks.
>>
Hey /jc/, which do you think is better? Fire Dragon Slayer magic or Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic?
>>
>>48148609
Who cares? Buy the Lacrima perk and be both.
>>
>>48148556
>pictured: Reality Marbles
>>
File: awshit.gif (360KB, 460x370px) Image search: [Google]
awshit.gif
360KB, 460x370px
>>48148556
I never did.

That's just something people say to me when they're giving me the business. Or when they're jealous of all the sweet monsters I've got.
>>
>>48148556
I have a theory that any jumper that makes it into the triple digits jump wise will eventually go from "these are some nice little combos" to "I'm going to mash together a hundred perks and dozens of items to do something highly inadvisable that I really didn't think through". It's only a matter of time before they go off the deep end.

It took me 120 jumps
I turned my soul into a multiverse
>>
File: i11474414654.png (85KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
i11474414654.png
85KB, 375x360px
>>48147880
Rules are just a thing you use to make combat "fun" or "fair" for both parties, or an attempt to lower unnecessary casualties. In a serious engagement, there are no such things as rules. True combat is not fun and there is no glory in battle. You do what is needed to win.
Hence, any battle in which rules are followed is not really a battle, but is more of a play put on for the sake of arguments. Such plays, in the interest of reducing consequence, have their place. However, that is all they are. A play.
For as long as it remains a play, I possess as many rules as my opponent does.
And will break them, as necessary.

>>48147903
Gengar from Team Meanies in PMD used to make fun of me and steal my things a lot.
As a fighting type, I couldn't really do anything to stop him.
Vee used to get really upset about it, too.

He got beaten up once, trying to defend me.
So, I went to Gengar's friends, and beat them up, too. I mean, it was only fair, right?
... They all left him alone after that.

Anyway, nowadays people who try to bully me tend to get their arms broken.

Plural.

>>48148467
Backup systems are great, anon!
I prefer biology for long-term usage, given that it's usually easier to repair, and system cohesion is a priority. But robotics are great for extra add-ons or redundant backups!
Plus, if you can bridge the gap into full biotech, your potential basically doubles!

>>48148706
I'm not really good at mashing perks together.
I guess I'm just not creative enough.
>>
>>48148609
Do what Natsu did, combine them together into Lightning Fire Dragon Slayer.
>>
>>48147769
So here's some of the self-indulgent world-building for BattleStar Galactica that I threatened last night.

As part of prep for Exodus of Humanity, spent the year before upgrading and refitting the Defiant (Galactica-Class Battlestar) with new weapons and computer systems, those being all I really had time for, other than the hydroponic gardens in the space-expanded cargo bays. Part of this was taking the convenient 120 MKII Vipers, gutting their cockpits, and replacing them with droid brains that are loaded with child/clever dog/dumb parrot intelligence. Think the Tachikoma in space with more varied personalities. They help with Fleet defence, scouting and whatnot, and also help train the Nuggets. The droids are grouped into Squads of four Droids and Groups of ten Squads. Each was assigned a Number and allowed to choose a Callsign, detailed below.

D = Defiant
V = Viper
X = Group, [A, B, C]
N = Squad, [0..9]
- = -
M = Unit, [1..4]

Droid -- Callsign
DVA0-1 -- Trick Shot
DVA0-2 -- Bad Penny
DVA0-3 -- Workaround
DVA0-4 -- Maverick
DVA1-1 -- Iceman
DVA1-2 -- Goose
DVA1-3 -- Toasterbait
DVA1-4 -- Crybaby
DVA2-1 -- Happy Meal
DVA2-2 -- McNugget
DVA2-3 -- Boomstick
DVA2-4 -- Hi-Hat
DVA3-1 -- Cupcake
DVA3-2 -- Buttercup
DVA3-3 -- J-Turn
DVA3-4 -- Foxpaw
DVA4-1 -- Jazz Hands
DVA4-2 -- Backchat
DVA4-3 -- Crosstalk
DVA4-4 -- Baby Boomer
DVA5-1 -- Jarhead
DVA5-2 -- Miss Piggy
DVA5-3 -- Big Daddy
DVA5-4 -- Mama Bear
DVA6-1 -- Ticktock
DVA6-2 -- Thumper
DVA6-3 -- Bambi
DVA6-4 -- Flower
DVA7-1 -- Hairy Hangover
DVA7-2 -- Two-Step
DVA7-3 -- Bandit
DVA7-4 -- Thunderthighs
DVA8-1 -- Bonehound
DVA8-2 -- Sidewinder
DVA8-3 -- Firefly
DVA8-4 -- Juice
DVA9-1 -- Spot
DVA9-2 -- Smokey
DVA9-3 -- Eyedrop
DVA9-4 -- Hotrod
>>
doing some tweaks to X-Men cinematic, what Would Omega level phasing be like?
>>
>>48148741
con't

DVB0-1 -- Skittles
DVB0-2 -- Bullseye
DVB0-3 -- Snowball
DVB0-4 -- Fluffy
DVB1-1 -- Velour Fog
DVB1-2 -- Dreamboat
DVB1-3 -- Baywatch
DVB1-4 -- Trainwreck
DVB2-1 -- Matchstick
DVB2-2 -- Cobra-Cola
DVB2-3 -- Marble-Mumble
DVB2-4 -- Mr. Miggles
DVB3-1 -- Bad News
DVB3-2 -- Turd Blossom
DVB3-3 -- Anchorman
DVB3-4 -- Pink Lady
DVB4-1 -- Eight Ball
DVB4-2 -- Hatchet
DVB4-3 -- Polecat
DVB4-4 -- Play Opossum
DVB5-1 -- Trilby
DVB5-2 -- Porkpie
DVB5-3 -- Bowler
DVB5-4 -- Boonie
DVB6-1 -- Bucket
DVB6-2 -- Tam o'Shanter
DVB6-3 -- Stetson
DVB6-4 -- Trapper
DVB7-1 -- Stovepipe
DVB7-2 -- Fedora
DVB7-3 -- Sugegasa
DVB7-4 -- Beret
DVB8-1 -- Deerstalker
DVB8-2 -- Boater
DVB8-3 -- Fez
DVB8-4 -- Bonnet
DVB9-1 -- Ulysses
DVB9-2 -- Garble
DVB9-3 -- Egghead
DVB9-4 -- Longarm
DVC0-1 -- Stronk
DVC0-2 -- Lawman
DVC0-3 -- Guido
DVC0-4 -- Gordo
DVC1-1 -- Biscuit
DVC1-2 -- Brownie
DVC1-3 -- Filo
DVC1-4 -- Puff Pastry
DVC2-1 -- Haddock
DVC2-2 -- Dollface
DVC2-3 -- Smoke Ring
DVC2-4 -- Rascal
DVC3-1 -- Hundred Grand
DVC3-2 -- Roswell
DVC3-3 -- Gravy Train
DVC3-4 -- Buster
DVC4-1 -- Flick
DVC4-2 -- Swish
DVC4-3 -- Glass Eye
DVC4-4 -- Peg Leg
DVC5-1 -- Handhold
DVC5-2 -- Ping
DVC5-3 -- Oracle
DVC5-4 -- Dingbat
DVC6-1 -- Highball
DVC6-2 -- Collins
DVC6-3 -- Flute
DVC6-4 -- Gobbler
DVC7-1 -- Kneehigh
DVC7-2 -- Ephemeris
DVC7-3 -- Pioneer
DVC7-4 -- Anklebiter
DVC8-1 -- Bootstrap
DVC8-2 -- Cannonball
DVC8-3 -- Gearshift
DVC8-4 -- Snakebite
DVC9-1 -- Deep Six
DVC9-2 -- Striker
DVC9-3 -- Eisenheim
DVC9-4 -- Butler

Was actually sad that I had to leave them all behind, but no way was the Defiant going to fit in my Warehouse.
>>
>>48148759
Probably something like Geist from Worm, just without the possession.
>>
>>48148759
Honestly? No Clue. Still kind of on the fence about listing Omega versions of the Delta powers.

My guess would be something like large-scale density manipulation: phase a few city blocks out of existence or make it so dense that it becomes absurdly durable, link hands with a hundred people and make them intangible so they could just walk in anywhere and nothing but other esoteric powers could do anything to them, etc.
>>
Should I import Tinker Bell as a Space Marine? If so, what Chapter?
>>
>>48147880
>what targets are always acceptable?

If it attacks.

>what targets are never acceptable?

If it doesn't.
>>
>>48148994
Though, now that I think about it, wouldn't Techpriest fit her better?
>>
>>48149010
Probably.

Techmarine at the very least.
>>
>>48148944
Maybe omega phasing would be kinda like MM's powers. Able to increase density, to gain super strength and durability.

I know Kitty can do some crazy stuff, like walk on air, put people to sleep, kill people without trouble. However all that stuff is in the comics.
>>
>>48148944
Why do they necessarily need omega versions? If you wanted to add higher level versions of more of the powers couldn't you just have some powers only upgrade-able to beta or alpha? Especially if you can't figure out a good way for some of them to scale that high.
>>
>>48148741
That's quite a lot of robots.
>>
>>48149026
Yeah, I'm just liking the idea of a tiny fairy becoming a massive space marine(sure she's had a human form for a while now, but a space marine sized body would be new for her)
>>
>>48148944
sorry I forget if you made the jump or not, what about Precognition and Technopathy,Bear in mind the characters I'm thinking of Are my Laid-back sniper and brutish mechanic
>>
>>48148994
A Peter Pan jump sounds like fun but it looks like SB made a pretty terrible one.
>>
>>48148467
I think my body is at least 49% Magical Nanomachines or Machinery at this point.
>>48148556
I didn't go mad.
>Madness: the state of being mentally ill, especially severely.
I did, however, adjust to my new circumstances over time, which leads to some people assuming that I am insane.
>>
>>48148760
>>48148741
Why couldn't you download them all into a VR environment in your warehouse? If you created them, you can take them as companions(and if not sapient enough AI's you could just take them at the pet level anyway. When you need them as Fighter Drones, make them new Drone bodies.
>>
>>48149074
And? We don't pay attention to SB.

Which makes it kind of strange that they pay so much attention to us, really.
>>
>>48149046
There were quite a lot of robots trying to kill us.

>>48147880
Never throw the first punch. Always throw the last.
Follow the Rule of Escalation--meet hands with hands, knives with knives, guns with guns, ships with ships.

But if they hurt my Companions? Exterminatus Maximus.

>>48147839
Lesbian Harem Variety Pack has several sizes to choose from.
>>
>>48149128
>Lesbian Harem Variety Pack
For some reason I am overwhelmed with curiosity as to what that is. . .
>>
>>48149074
SB made a Pan jump? Doesn't count, if you want one make one. I got my Tink from Disney Princess, she was the support character. My hero character was Alice. The villain was Gaston. I companioned Alice and Tink(yay for companioning items and cheat codes). After all, we all had 10 years to get to know each other in New Orleans. (I've now picked up two more Alice versions from Devil Survivor 2 and SMT)
>>
>>48149031
Yeah, that would be covered in the density manipulation. No idea about Kitty in the comics, though; never read many X-Men ones.

>>48149035
They don't necessarily need them, but people keep asking about them. I haven't decided whether ir not to add them, though, hence the "on the fence".

As for Alpha or Beta...I mean, I could do that. Seems pretty arbitrary though, and that kind of bothers me. And yeah, I know it's kind of arbitrary as-is, too.

>>48149057
>sorry I forget if you made the jump or not,
I did.

Precognition? I guess you'd be some type of really powerful Oracle? Hell, maybe you could pull of some type of timeline simulation like Coil does.

Technopathy? I've answered this several times before, but the only two things I can see being viable for it are increased range and being able to affect more powerful/sentient computing systems.
>>
>>48149145
Probably one of the Choirs from Light of Terra, I'd guess. They're all of whatever sexuality is required for them to be crushing on you, so they could be gay or straight depending on your gender.
>>
File: mXyupD1.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
mXyupD1.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>48149118
>We don't pay attention to SB.
>>
>>48148467
You could say that! Started out with high-grade cyberlimbs and wired reflexes in Shadowrun. Those got upgraded by Tony Start the very next jump, and later by the Asgardians (much to Tony's surprise when he tried to hit the killswitch on them)

Then things got weird in Girl Genius.
>>
How hard is it to find Adamantium or Vibranium in Marvel? I'd rather not purchase it with cp, though, if at all possible. Internalized Helm of Xorn so sexy~~
>>
File: _IGP1054.jpg (49KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
_IGP1054.jpg
49KB, 600x448px
...I have a strange urge to make the Slagshifta I got in Day at the Races into a proper Orky mech. What vehicle-to-mech options do we have in the chain?
>>
>>48149198
also I noticed that companions get 400 points for perks and 400 points for powers but the powers section itself gives an extra 400 points, does this mean companions have 800 points total for powers?
>>
>>48149245
>much to Tony's surprise when he tried to hit the killswitch on them
Agatha. I don't even care what you were doing, I'm sure that smug shit deserved it.
>>
>>48149249
very
>>
>>48149252
No, the 400 from the powers section is only for you. They can get another 200 if they're an Experiment, though.
>>
>>48149095
Their baseline personalities were hard-coded into the brains. Granted, there was room for ten dozen droid brains in the Warehouse, but there wasn't much point without the whole ship, which had enough space-expanding enchantments inside it that I daredn't try to shrink it.

The above is totally not BS to cover for me not thinking of it.

>>48149145
It's Exactly What It Says on the Tin. I've collected a half-dozen female Companions with varied personalities and physicals, and over the nine hundred years we've all waifued each other.

>>48148556
Implying I wasn't mad to begin with.

>>48149249
Supposed to be rare (though an annoying number of characters use it in some way or another). Wakanda has a full-on mine you could burgle.

>>48149203
What from Where now?
>>
>>48148467

>>even further

meta-entity transcendent of traditional notions of astrophysics, geology, spirituality, engineering, computer science,physical matter and biology
>>48149250
supreme Commander has one.
>>
>>48149249
Can buy Adamantium in X-Men Movies and (I think) Vibranium in MCU.
>>
>>48149249
Extremely. The best types of adamantium actually incorporate vibranium into the alloy, so it's dependent on the supply of that metal. And vibranium is super rare. There are two deposits of the stuff, one in Wakanda and one in Antarctica. As far as anyone can tell, it exists nowhere else, despite the fact that it was a meteor shower that originally brought vibranium to Earth. You'd expect there to be some amount of it somewhere out in space, but not that anyone's found.
>>
>>48149306
But Anon, both of those jumps have way better things to spend CP on than Marvel does, anyway.
>>
>>48149198
It would be pretty cool to see higher tiered versions of some more of the powers but it seems like it would require some of them to become completely separate powers in order to get them to Alpha or Omega.
>>
File: 12834.jpg (14KB, 353x98px) Image search: [Google]
12834.jpg
14KB, 353x98px
>>48149222
Well then, better go ahead and load that Pan jump up on the drive!
>>
>>48149382
No, fuck that abomination with a spade and set it on fire.
>>
>>48149290
>What from Where now?
Light of Terra, a jump set in the Warhammer 40K universe that is somewhat controversial due to depowering you unless you're willing to accept a drastically higher difficulty level that also locks you out of a lot of nice things. It's still pretty neat, though. Anyway, there are "DLC packs" for it, adding extra adventures and scenarios for you to go through. DLC 1 lets you grab the "Choirs" as companions. If you accept the depowering, you get the Choir of Righteous Fury, a bunch of Sororitas that I am 90% sure are based on the female characters from the JRPG "Riviera: The Promised Land" (the 10% uncertainty is because I can't tell who Arlissa is supposed to be. Rose, maybe?). If you go for the hard mode, though, you get the Choir of Lost Voices, who are a bunch of Chaos-tainted radical atheist (the worship Necoho, Chaos God of Atheism. Don't point out the contradiction to them, it gets them mad) yanderes. They're a less appealing option unless you have a lot of psychotherapy perks to get them sane.
>>
File: 56143.jpg (15KB, 353x98px) Image search: [Google]
56143.jpg
15KB, 353x98px
>>48149397
EXACTLY.
>>
>>48149406
>Choir of Lost Voices
Wouldn't be so bad if one of them wasn't a diseased fatty and the /fit/ chick is bald.

Ugh. Horrible aesthetics.
>>
>>48149382
>>
>>48149282
that's fair, would a build like this be acceptable? experiment
every time free.
Adamantium -200 discount for Experiment
Omega level adaptive evolution -800 200 extra CP from experiment
>>
>>48149382
I didn't say that, anon. All I'm saying is, the thread does spend a silly amount of time bitching about SB and accusing them of being in a conspiracy (apparently completely separate from the IRC conspiracy. Kinda makes you proud that we have two whole conspiracies targeting us, don't it?)
>>
>>48149397
Speaking of spades and fire who here waifued Rachel from Tower of God?
>>
>>48149282
I had thought that the 400 they got for powers was the +400 from the powers section.
>>
>>48149441
> I wish we had a Peter Pan jump.
> But SB already made one!
> So? We don't care what they do.
> Hahaha yes we do!

Anon, I'm going to teach you about this magical thing called "context".
>>
>>48149406
>>48149429

That all sounds rather inconvenient and needlessly complicated for stuff I doubt I even want. Still, I'mma pokety poke at it.
>>
>>48149437
Check your math.
>400 CP to start
>spend 100 on Experiment (300)
>spend 200 on Adamantium (100)
>have 600 CP to spend on powers, that leaves you needing 200 more (-100)
>companions can't take drawbacks and you have a negative balance

Though, I may change it to let companions take specific drawbacks.

>>48149462
Same differece, but Bancho was asking if they stack.
>>
>>48149447
I just started reading that series. Wouldn't you be waifu-ing a child? Not to mention cucking Baam?
>>
>>48149549
Isn't Adamantium 600cp, 300cp discounted?
>>
>>48149549
The jump says companions get a free background.
>>
>>48149579
Baam deserves better than her.
>>
>>48149581
I posted a WIP update with the prices on some items bumped down. I assume he's working off of that.
>>
>>48149441
Actually, about half of the jumps that SB has made are in the jump. And that's only two or three authors.

And all of them have better quality than the 90% of the Jumps than are usually made around here (large perk trees, elaborated and non-vague descriptions).

Criticicing them for two bad Jumps (Babylon and Peter Pan?) is not fair, considering that we get worse Jumps thrown around here.

>inb4 you call me a sbfag and ignore my opinions
>>
File: 1467587301683.jpg (91KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
1467587301683.jpg
91KB, 500x265px
>>48149587
Well fuck me, anon. I'm fucking retarded.

>>48149549
>>48149437
Nevermind, that does work.
>>
>>48149579
If you want to help Baam kill her, kill her a the most painful way you can. She takes worst girl to a level I can't even describe with out spoiling shit. The spade and fire thing is a reference to what an anon did to her before soul trapping her and subjecting her to endless torture.
>>
>>48149616
The typical response to you is that the stuff on the drive is made by people who posted them here and hang out with us at least occasionally.

Meanwhile the ones that are scared of us generally don't make anything good because they don't get criticism and learn how to make things properly.
>>
>>48149549
Okay because I'm looking over the version I have's companion import and it says backgrounds are free and I was doing it as:
>>experiment free
Adamantium -200 discounted for experiment
200 general CP remaining
400 bonus CP for powers +200 for being experiment equals 600 for powers +200 general equals 800.
>>
>>48145714
I always assumed the Eye's abilities would gradually grow in power up to series levels as you used it.
In story the implantation weakened Hiei, and he had to grow back into his full power. The jump already makes you start weak, so fluff this as the reason why if you want.
>>
>>48149644
>>48149627
alright then sorry I Replied like I did,formatting that took a bit.
>>
>>48149616
See >>48149643

It's not that SB isn't allowed to make stuff we'll put on our drive. It's that we want to be involved with it, and we want a say in what's balanced or will be a part of it.

When people from SB say they can make whatever they want and put it on our drive, we tell them to fuck off. They have their own drive, they can use that.
>>
Can anyone give me some feats for X-men movie adamantium? Like, how does it compare to its comics counterpart? Its MCU counterpart?
>>
Where can I find some Uru?
>>
>>48147880
If it's hostile, you kill it.
>>
>>48149703
Actually, I think in The Wolverine, something manages to cut off some of his claws somehow? Not sure, I watched that movie once in theatre and that was it.
>>
>>48149764
With a sword made of super heated adamantium, while in adamantium power armor.
>>
>>48149743
Valhalla.
>>
Hey Digger, if you're around. If I take Greed is Good am I still limited to 9 core medals or i turn into a monster?
>>
>>48149616
Of the complete jumps on their drive, five were partially done here, and the one remaining one is just plain boring. Meanwhile their WIP folder is four piece of trash power grabs, those being the infamous replacement B5 jump, a Prisma Illya jump that's busy trying to shove as much other Nasu stuff in as possible regardless of the actual focus of the series, Coiling Dragon, and what by all rights should be a joke jump, but instead is crammed with ridiculous perks because the author doesn't get the concept of balancing risk and reward or not every jump needing to contribute to trying to overpower Dragon Ball.
>>
>>48149703
The only that's ever truly damaged it was what >>48149779 said.
Wolverine's skull armor was pierced by an Adamantium bullet, further supporting the 'only Adamantium can damage Adamantium' theory. Nothing else has even scratched it.

Not even The Phoenix in Last Stand could damage it.
Magneto could bend it a bit, and throw Wolverine around, but he never actually damaged it. When Magneto released his power the Adamantium immediately went back to it's standard shape.

Wolverine survives a fall off the top of the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant without a single damaged bone. Still hurt, though. And his claws cut through basically everything: porcelain, chain link, concrete, solid steel, blast doors.

It's pretty impressive, all in all.
>>
>>48149764
Does the Adamantium cum with instructions on how to shape/harden it?
>>
>>48149801

Unless you take Above the Influence, you are still susceptible to Mega Greeed Out Of Control Mode for shoving foreign Medals into you
You can do a few cores from others safely(ish) but any more and you're gonna not enjoy what happens next
>>
>>48149875
Why the hell did they even replace B5? The existing jump already lets you turn into a fucking vorlon for pete's sake.
>>
>>48150036
it's molten metal you just cast it,Quench it and file it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWIuyeNp2k
>>
>>48149978
Forgot to add, Blob was stunned after head-butting Wolverine.
Previously, young Blob could put his fist in a tank's main cannon, and when it fired, the tank blew up. And he was completely fine.

>>48150036
Lewd as fuck.
>>
>>48150085
File adamantium. . . how exactly is that supposed to happen?
>>
On second thought, lets not go to Camelot.

It is a silly place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubjbWHWSbro
>>
>>48150099
with an adamantium file?
>>
>>48150099
You make a adamantium file first Obviously.
>>
>>48150110
>>48150111
And how exactly do you do that?
>>
>>48150122
Casting it in a file shape.
>>
>>48150122
You make a mold for a rough file and then you cast it in adamantium , files are blunt instruments that work off of their texture so they don't need sharpening. sometimes you have to build the tools to build the tools Anonymous.
>>
Putting on a new trip since I forgot my old one.

Working on the Worm update all of today and I need to know if there are any critiques or suggestions that anybody wants to make or have me keep in mind.

Saw the PTV thing last thread and I'm going out of my way to tweak that so everybody understands and my vague attempts at explaining it don't just muddle things up more.

I've seen a few people mention that some of the powers are very underwhelming compared to other options and I'd like to know which of those you all think that is the case with. Beyond that any issues you guys have with wording, choices on how the powers operate, etc would be much appreciated.

The more feedback I get the faster and more smooth this all will go, so don't be shy.
>>
>>48150041
okay so adding three of Uva's medals to my Venom Combo Greeed self wont fuck me up too bad as long as I have decent willpower. Thats all I wanted to verify really.
>>
>>48149441
This thread spends a 'silly' (pathetic) amount of time bitching about everything. Endjumps, nerfwhores, powerwankers, Spacebattles; it doesn't matter what or who it is, the thread will ruin a thread to bitch about something, because it's filled with autists who treat single player imaginary games with a frankly bizarre level of seriousness and rigor, like it's a goddamn national sport.
>>
>>48150156
Reduce the cost of power-choice to 100 CP and remove the roll element.
>>
>>48150154
You could also score a flat adamantium blank with an adamantium blade. I'm fairly certain that's how files are made with regular metal.
>>
>>48150156
there is damn near nothing that can improve worm powers, how about some kind of booster? also the Tinker powers are really general, maybe a few new ones that are a bit more specific, as in give you worm level Tinker Knowledge and science?
>>48150186
that'll also work to make the file, but we have to bootstrap up to the blade first.
>>
>>48150156
Anything I might suggest or critique might already be in the update so I really have nothing to say until I see what you have done.
>>
>>48150156
We have no idea what you have put in the update so how could we make critiques or suggestions about it?
>>
>>48150186
>>48150199
Hmm, I am coming to the conclusion of just using TK to put it into the shape I want and holding it like that until it hardens.
>>
>>48150178
YOU

FOOL

Are you trying to cause salt?
>>
>>48150202
>>48150245
He's asking about things from the base jump as a reference so just go from there
>>
>>48150178
I've got to agree with this, luck-based discounts are silly.
>>
>>48150202
I'm asking for critique up front so I can hit things on the first try, so telling me now would be appreciated, otherwise I would have to go back and rework things, potentially made more difficult by the changes I've made needing to be rethought instead of having been accounted for from the beginning.

>>48150245
The update as is currently is a massive chunk of notes, ideas, and whatnot with the original Worm draft unmodified beyond some grammer fixes, I'm still digging into the design of the jump and I haven't actually made permanent changes yet. What I'm asking for is stuff from the original draft that people HAVE seen that I need to take into account now that I'm consolidating everything and beginning work on the final product proper.
>>
>>48150106
Yay more Arturia
>>
>>48150276
that sounds like a good plan, but you'll need some really fine control over your telekinesis if you want to make it actually sharp, you're probably better off using your telekinesis to shape the file and then filing it sharp.
>>
>>48150289
You answered your own question.
>>
>>48150178
That is stupid.

>>48150156
I would how ever suggest that choosing for each roll have their price changed to 150 to make choosing companions power just like it is for the jumper, making the total cost 300 so that it matches the amount of CP companions get.
>>
>>48150178
I like rolling.
>>
>>48150178
>I want you to fuck up the existing jump's balance because I want cheaper stuff.
>>
>>48150289
Who would honestly complain about that? Powers are already free, making it cost 400 cp to choose them is completely retarded, especially since jumps that let you pay to choose randomly selected powers cost 100 cp.
>>
>>48150156
Make being a Parahuman cost 400 CP and remove rolling.

jk but fuck luck discounts

I get and think that Air Control is actually really strong, but put besides the space-time shit in the Shaker category it seems really underwhelming. Doesn't help that the description goes for the really high-end of impracticality with the "more air and wind = super good" thing. Uh, what I'm saying is, maybe give an example of how it'll work if you're in a cramped alley versus an open crossing or something. Help people picture it.

Internal Charge is alright, but clarifying how strong/durable you become would be great. As it stands, you can only guess what nigh-invulnerable actually means, considering the sheer amount of powers in the world.

No comment on Thanatos.

PLEASE clarify how the guideline (months to hours) for Enhanced Mastery works with the drop-off from becoming an expert.

Mind buffing Contractor? Say, sixteen for medium level powers, eight for high level powers. Pretty please?
>>
>>48150156
Seconding >>48150178
>>
The Faith perk from Penny Dreadful can I put faith in myself instead of an abstract being?
>>
>>48150041
Hey can I use plug n play to absorb Gaia memories in the same way I absorb medals? How bad of an idea is it?
>>
>>48150397
You don't need a perk for that, anon!
>>
>>48150156
So how much improvement would the Alexandria Package power see in, say, a century of use? A millenia?

>>48150168
It really does amaze me. It also reinforced my belief that humans are, almost to a man, ultimately petty, retarded assholes who would rather spend time arguing about things they don't care about than actually be productive on something they do care about.
>>
>>48147859
You could certainly have them help. Maybe set up a little holiday pad for Chip and Dale if you don't want them supervising. I'd recommend putting them in charge for this a while though, mostly so they can train the fairies.

Although... can kancolle fairies actually leave their ship girl? I have no idea if they can or not.
>>
>>48150429
he's right you know >>48150397 but if you can't then believe in me who believes in you!
>>
>>48150508
shipgirls have fairies? I don't remember that from watching the anime a year ago.
>>
>>48150508
They can fly planes so maybe? They're never really explained in any detail.
>>
File: hello darkness my old friend.gif (443KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.gif
443KB, 500x285px
>>48150429
>implying you don't
>>
>>48150524
Carrier shipgirls have fairies who are standins for the airplanes.
>>
What magic would be appropriate for a Wolf/Werewolf Witch in Soul Eater?
>>
>>48150524
They're crawling with them. You see them more with the carriers but it's assumed that there are maintenance fairies that help with the upkeep of their more ship'ish parts.
>>
>>48150428
Considering what they do to people who inject them even with protection?
...The same, about.
Neo-heisei Pt.1 has a bad habit of making power corruptive.
Again, if you wanna tangle with that shit, Above the Influence is your best bet.
>>
>>48150553
Wait what? I thought Carriers were archers and used arrows to represent airplanes.
>>
>>48149764
Cracker_Jack, you mentioned that there was a WIP for the X-men jump -- do you have an ETA?
>>
>>48150178
>>48150305
>>48150387
Really not comfortable doing this. Going with >>48150329 I'm actually kind of partial to since it makes the companion CP allotment mesh much better, but just making it 100cp it pick seems too much considering the powers involved. It isn't like Fairy Tail or One Piece where you have multiple levels of power or whatnot, they are all really good powers and considering the in setting randomness of powers I feel like it's far more appropriate that choosing requires more of an investment.

>>48150359
All noted, I admit I tend to er too much on the vague side and it's one thing I'm working on right now.

Honestly not comfortable buffing Contracter to that level considering the way it already massively slants the cape game in setting just on its own. Played right anybody with that power has the advantage in the dynamic between factions.

>>48150480
I'm trying to work out if there's a better way for me to chart power growth, but honestly the reason it's the way it currently is stated is because I can't really give solid numbers. It's an area where it relies on people to fanwank whatever is reasonable/makes for a better story/etc.
>>
>>48150580
They have both. It's weird.

>>48150573
I don't make that assumption.
>>
File: 1367779958920.jpg (718KB, 1427x800px) Image search: [Google]
1367779958920.jpg
718KB, 1427x800px
>>48150508
Reminder to purge all of your shipgirl's/your fairies the second you enter Kancolle like the ticks and tapeworms that they are.
>>
>>48150555
something sound related? Cast largely by howling?
>>
>>48150553
>>48150573
>>48150615

That is weird. Also makes interactions with E and Rae (and possibly Chicky) weird. Think I'll just go with what I remember as there being tiny pilots in the tiny arrow planes, but everything else is magic ship parts.

>>48150665
That's a bit extreme.
>>
>>48150671
>That's a bit extreme.
>You're infested with parasites
>Annoying, talking parasites that defile you with their existence
>It is extreme to eradicate them like you would any parasite
>>
>>48150608
Eh, it's strong enough as-is, so I wasn't really expecting you to do it.

Just bothers me that no matter how you go with it, you'll end up with leftover power slots or homies left out if you use it on Companions.
>>
>>48150704
eh, parasites aren't necessarily bad. Some can be quite helpful. Especially the purpose built ones you engineer yourself. The worms from Futurama are rather helpful as well.
>>
>>48150704
How are the crew of a ship parasites rather than vital organs??!
>>
>>48150704
Pretty sure fairies are just the 'crew' of the ship. I'm not sure that a vital part of something qualifies as a parasite?
>>
>>48148050
d out of 10

but seriously it is all around better, as in the stuff you make has no need for lame things like physics and comprehensible biology.
>>
File: spooky rusky.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spooky rusky.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>48150665
>not going Ship, but staying male
>not being glorious Линeйный кopaбль Фpyнзe
>not having many дoмoвóй working tirelessly to maintain your systems in the name of the Motherland

Плeбeйcкoй.
>>
>>48150428
Remember that the T2 memories you buy, or make from T1's using Clear Memory, don't have the addictive downsides, which makes it a little bit safer. Absorbing multiple memories still seems incredibly dangerous though.

>>48150577
Are the memories you get from Unlimited Colors T1 or T2?
>>
>>48150704
I'm enjoying not being a shipgirl in the first place, and see the above for how to deal with it on my girls.

Also note that at no point did I say it was a bad idea. Parasites are generally a bad time.

The fairies seem to be more of a symbiotic relationship. The ship provides shelter and sustenance, the fairies keep the ship spick and span. Both parties benefit, where with parasites, one of them is actually hurt by the other.
>>
>>48150743
GET OUT OF HERE, SKELENINTON.
>>
>>48150590
No, sorry. Been pretty busy with some stuff lately.

Probably won't be too much longer once I decide one some things, but I'm about to be gone for a couple weeks and probably won't have very reliable internet.
>>
Should I stack the various Alpha Psyker options into a specific specialisations to become a monstrous god of one area, or spread them out to be a jack of all trades?
>>
File: 1367066955357.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1367066955357.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>48150733
Lies.

>>48150735
>>48150739
>>48150769
They're not organs. They're a worthless infestation that drives planes. I don't want them on me. I don't want them in me. I don't want them on or in my friends. They need to die.
>>
>>48150814
That gid looks cool. Whats it from?
>>
>>48150828
>gid
>>
>>48150814
Humans are a parasite upon the planet.
>>
>>48150814
Can't say I agree with you, but that picture is dank. Source?
>>
>>48150814
>worthless infestation

That is not how you spell "exalted workers," Дpyгa.
>>
>>48150814
Alrighty then. Have fun.

Unrelated, for Light of Terra, does taking the Hooligan as your companion get you addicted to morphine? It implies it, but I'd like to make sure.
>>
>>48150814
>drives

That's pilot planes and You need them to do Ship stuff,nice skeleton Though
>>
>>48150859
Yes she accidentally gives you a morphine addiction.
>>
>>48150608
Eh, I guess. I'm personally tired of people seeing Worm powers as the be-all end-all of op shit, to the point that any jump that offers powers on par with worm for a similar price like X-men is seen as a power grab. Especially since powers are so central to worm as to be offered for free, but having to choose them costs 400 cp? Seems pretty nonsensical. But whatever, it's you're jump, I'll just fanwank that I can choose them for free anyways.
>>
>>48150809
Go general, specializing won' t have any major benifit since you can apply your full might to each one you have, they are skills with the power you have not individual seperate powers.
>>
>>48150809
Specialize. There are plenty of other perks that already give you general power. It's also more thematic in universe as most psykers have a natural specialization.
>>
>>48150828
>>48150848
Can't say I remember. That file is pretty old.
>>
>>48150828
>>48150848
The devil is a part-timer.
>>
>>48150843
By that logic, so is all life, Aнoнимный.

The roots of the trees break the poor planet's skin, the worms and moles constantly burrow into its flesh, the fish leave their waste in its bloodstream.
>>
>>48150885
at least it's not cocaine this time.

which is good, since she seems to be the least annoying of the FORCED companions in this one.
>>
>>48150156
Hey, this might be a lot of extra work, so not sure if it's fair to ask this, but... if it's not too much, mind adding in stuff that makes more explicit what happens after the jump when your manton effect is removed? Do biosculpter and browbeat's biokinesis become equivalent to each other post jump, for example?
>>
>>48150397

The exact wording of the perk is "Whether your faith is in God, Lucifer, the Dragon or something more abstract..."

So yes. You are allowed to go with something more abstract.
>>
>>48148556
It took me quite a while, since I made a vague half-hearted effort at doing low-powered jumps before higher-powered ones.
But I got better. I think.

>>48147880
Anything that comes at me with killing intent is fair game.
>>
>>48150926
How is a morphine addiction not as bad as cocaine?
Also that addiction mainly because she lacks real medical knowledge I believe.
>>
>>48147880
I always offer one chance to surrender before a battle. No matter what. and of course no targeting family, children, or priests/priestesses
>>
So will you guys try and prevent the death of War Machine in the Marvel jump?
>>
>>48150906
Is that the one where Satan works at McDonald's?
>>
>>48150890
I get where you're coming from anon, believe me I'm tired of the powers being the only thing I hear about on top of the Endbringers and whatnot, especially considering that the capabilities of tons of perks and such in other settings are just as good if not a lot better than the powers on offer here. It kind of boggles me and I'm honestly not sure if there's anything I can do to help that or not, because I don't really get what happened in the first place.

>>48150928
No worries anon, believe me that's one of my goals for the update in cleaning things up. I think just stating a blanket removal and whatnot at the end and leaving it up in the air only caused more confusion, so I'm hoping to have each power specify how it grows and improves, and any changes that occur post jump.

Thread talk has really made me aware of how much my vagueness has made things harder than it should be.
>>
>>48150988
It's MgRonald's.

But yes.
>>
>>48150890
>I'm personally tired of people seeing Worm powers as the be-all end-all of op shit

Blame thread for that.
>>
>>48150926
Necron that do exactly what you want, don't talk back and don't cause problems are more annoying than someone who impales you and gets you hooked on a drug just in time to run out of said drug?
>>
File: jc.png (30KB, 353x384px) Image search: [Google]
jc.png
30KB, 353x384px
>>48150814
Might I suggest Parasite Immunity from Invader Zim for your parasitic purging needs?
There's also a perk in Bloodborne that upgrades your white blood cells, and disease immunity perks in Harry Potter and Fable. Probably some others.

Actually, does anyone else know of some good perks for fighting off unwanted passengers?
>>
>>48150916
Exactly an exterminatus might hurt the earth but she will recover and be free from organic parasites.
>>
>>48150890
Is X-Men seen that way? I personally think it's balanced really well.

Even in contrast with Worm, the 400 CP powers are about equal to the bulk of the Worm powers and you can get one for free. The 600 CP ones are comparable to the best Worm powers. And the 800 CP powers pretty much outclass Worm powers altogether.

At least in terms of raw power. Lots of Worm powers have more versatile or esoteric effects.
>>
>>48151013
>blame the consumers of the product, not the maker of the product
>>
>>48150989
I cared more about the perks really. The power I got was neat but it doesn't fit into my theme so I don't lean on it too much.
>>
>>48150989
honestly outside setting i very rarely used my worm power as anything other that yet another buff to whatever weapon i am currently wielding, but my most used thing from the jump spanner in the works doesnt lend well to cool stories as its fairly passive. and parahuman feudalism while incredibly useful is something that passively affects my jumpers narrative rather than than something i use actively frequently. the stuff is all good and we take it and enjoy it it just doesn't lend well to the massive amounts of wanking we see on the board.
>>
>>48151060
>I personally think it's balanced really well.

The options are balanced okay but everyone ends up with two powers that the most powerful people in the setting would only have one of. Some of it is more similar to comic power levels than movie ones as well.
>>
I think the problem is that I didn't do enough to balance the rest of the jump against the powers.
>>
>>48151097
Yeah, Worm perks are great. The shards give you the power to survive that world. The perks give you the power to fix it. So much more worth the price of admission.
>>
File: 1373682309062.jpg (634KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
1373682309062.jpg
634KB, 780x780px
>>48150989
>I'm hoping to have each power specify how it grows and improves, and any changes that occur post jump.
Oh god this is going to be a disaster.
>>
>>48150608
Perhaps instead of going for 100 for full choice just bring down the choose within a rolled category option to 100. It's significantly less valuable than selecting the category, and that way jumpers and companions pay the same amount to choose. Also means that if people really don't want a particular power they can swap to one of the others in category for cheap.
>>
>>48150989
Vagueness just required a bit more work and creativity (and rules lawyering and munchkining (and shitposting and... (we need to go deeper (are we Lisping yet?))))

<evil mode>Hey Wormanon... I just had a thought. Based on what you've said in the past, you're going to be adding on something like 40+ new powers, right? 40 whole new powers for you to field questions about... :)</evil mode>
>>
>>48151031
You sure that'll help with stuff given to you by backgrounds? It's a nice thing to have anyway, of course.
>>
>>48151112
>Some of it is more similar to comic power levels than movie ones as well.
Try taking a canon Omega power and then fight the comic version in their prime. I guarantee you'll get fucked six ways to Sunday.

Xavier can pierce Galactus' shields and enslave countries, Magneto can open Wormholes, casually lift mountains, rearrange metal on the molecular level, rearrange the entirety of the earth's magnetic field, and recall moon-sized meteors from deep space while.on earth. The less said about the various Grey family psychics, the better.
>>
>>48151113
Meant to quote >>48151060
>>
>>48151167
>Magneto can open Wormholes

??? Just from his power alone? Not using his power in combo with some clever machinery he built or something?
>>
>>48150989
If it makes you feel better, I only really look at the Drop-In stuff (and rarely talk about it due to their subdued nature) since my playstyle (no empire building, no high flying heroism/villainy, just a dude having fun at the Multiverse's expense) barely benefits from the other lines at all. And, well. I just can't afford stuff from the other backgrounds since getting my line already puts me at 0 CP.
>>
>>48151196
Just his powers and nothing else, it is complete bullshit.
>>
>>48151102
I suppose that's true, guess I'm just at fault for the usual mistake of focusing on what bugs me instead of thinking more clearly.

Stuff like >>48151097 and >>48151133
I just don't hear much about, but thank you all for speaking up. Makes me feel like I did less of a shitty job.

Even if I still feel like I fucked up bad on that jump, and I can't really zero down to why.

>>48151136
As possible as that is, Queen Administrator and a few others have notes on how they improve, so I think it's possible. Granted who knows if I'll go through with it, I'm still going back and forth on whats a good idea, whats bad, etc.

>>48151140
Still not entirely sure anon it just seems really really cheap for what you're paying for. And every point you save on powers you get to spend on perks which are also really great. It feels like it's bypassing the opportunity cost so people could have their cake and eat it too, going against part of why the jump is structured the way it is.

>>48151150
I just want you to know, I died on the inside. Thanks anon. I'm going to go cry now.

>>48151207
That it does anon, thank you.
>>
>>48151196
Something-something-electromagnetism. Something-something-reversethepolarity.
>>
File: 1416090328943.gif (3MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1416090328943.gif
3MB, 540x300px
>>48151136
It'll be fine...
>>
>>48151217
Really I just think what you're going to end up saying about how my power 'grows' is going to make the default form look a lot weaker. As in, you'll nerf the starting effectiveness juts for the sake of giving it something to grow into.
>>
>>48151167
I meant more the standard of normal comics mutants than the most powerful movie ones.

Omega Healing Factor is pretty much comics Wolverine. Then you can still stick on whatever other very powerful mutation you'd like without even having to go into dangerous drawbacks.
>>
>>48151196
Comics Magneto is notorious for basically being able to do literally anything the plot requires with some vague handwave explanation about Magnetism.
>>
>>48151113
The student background is awesome. The tech and thick verneer are both hugely useful and thick verneer is one of those just slighly unique powerful perks. but yeah the other back grounds especially experiment don't really compete with the powers and stuff. though i seem to always get the seduction perk because i just like the wording for some reason. experiment background really needs some not progressively better at killing things perks i was kind of surprised there wasn't a feral instinct perk or something along those lines to go with all the other stuff wolverine seems to do outside being a kill monster or a creative solutions perk in the villain tree for stuff like the metal injection in the film.

Just trying to offer actual constructive criticism its a fun jump as it is but the perks could use a little diversifying from general stuff.
>>
>>48151255
Speaking of Mags.

Movie 1, that machine that he was going to use to convert the world's population into mutants that he kidnapped Rogue for. Is it possible for us to recreate a variation of that with both Professor capstones, seeing as it involved the X-gene and at the same time whack-tastic technology?
>>
>>48150753
Never mind, read the scenario again and it says they're T2.
>>
>>48150989
The perks in worm are pretty powerful but people the powers are the ones that are most relevent in a fight so they get more attention, it also doesn't help that a large portion of Worm discussion is how to survive Golden Morning and/or kill the endbringers.
>>
>>48151299
nice dubs
>>
>>48151155
If it counts as a parasite, it would be removed as soon as the jump started, sure.
The only way it would override the perk is if it were an actual drawback, which I don't think we actually have any drawbacks that give you parasites.
>>
>>48151212
>>48151219
>>48151255

Is Magneto canonically a physics supergenius? Because if not, then... just... what...

Does he have a secondary superpower of Plot?
>>
>>48151248
That's not my plan anon.

There are powers that need tweaking and whatnot as people have pointed out or found issues over time, but this isn't me taking away something you had only to say that getting it back is a feature.
>>
>>48151294
>willingly associating with X1
There are some things, anon, that aren't worth the price of power.
>>
>>48151344
oh very much so!
>>
>>48151344
Both. Magneto is canonically both an incredibly intelligent scientist and has an instinctive grasp of what his powers can do. Together he can make physics his bitch.
>>
>>48151351
Even if that's not your intent, by it's nature you're going to be putting in more hard limits than existed before, and those are going to be or read as reductions in effectiveness, and any growth will feel like it's just growing into what it should have been in the first place.

Not to mention how I can envision some of this growth eliminating potential creative uses by the hard limits they define by their existence. Say, I can imagine my power's range works off of my finger instead of my center mass? Nope, the growth makes it clear that it works from center mass. I can imagine how my power interacts with physics to do something neat? Nope, the growth tells me specifically how it doesn't or how I can only do it post-jump after an arbitrary span of time.
>>
>>48151217
>I just want you to know, I died on the inside. Thanks anon. I'm going to go cry now.

Just doing my part, to help you Trigger, no need to thank me.
>>
>>48150156

First, love the jump.
just hope after the revision I can do this >>47985857

Second, I don't really like the luck based discount for powers. Please remove, or at least reduce to 50CP-100CP if you don't like what you rolled like location and gender.

Third, maybe let anyone choose BB for free, because it is the most detailed setting, so you are don't feel like you are just making everything up.

Lastly, Love all the power you made to choose from. It would be amazing if you were to up to to a full 8 power choices in each of the 12 categories, but I know that is a lot to ask...
>>
>>48151249
I'm sorry about that, anon. I don't really know what to do, though. Limiting the amount of powers people could take would just piss them off and the thread was very vehement about not wanting an increase in price.

I really regret the letting people upgrade powers, thing, though.

>>48151262
I agree Student/Prof background came out pretty well. The Experiment is supposed to be built around the extra CP it gives for powers and making you good at killing things. It's essentially you either having been made by the Weapon X program or whoever it was that made Deadpool. The feral instincts thing could work.

I actually have some ideas for how to spruce up the Espionage line.

>>48151294
Yup. You could do that with just the tech perk. Having both would probably let you figure out a way to do it without melting people.
>>
>>48151075
I'd blame Wildbow more for that than Worm_Anon.

Besides, there are actually perks that outstrip some of the powers in that jump. Everyone just defaults to Worm because they're generally high power.
And also there's six hundred jumps and fuck combing through all that when we've got easy mode.
>>
>>48151394
>just hope after the revision I can do this >>47985857
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47979886/#47985857
>>
File: 62636425.jpg (297KB, 500x621px) Image search: [Google]
62636425.jpg
297KB, 500x621px
Completely unrelated to mucha lucha (though I got everything but the capstone items for the tecnicos+rudos, drawbacks and the gear for cabelleras done)
I haven't been posting my jumps since Busy but I...mmmaaay or may not have started a cult in Sunrider
turns out free food, no rules except pic realted, guaranteed angelic pussy and an earth goddess matriarch gets you some devotion
So. uh.
Not sure what to do about that, especially due to having no idea about the setting
any suggestions?
>>
>>48151391
I'm the exact opposite. If a perk doesn't explicitly say I can do something, I err on the side of caution and assume I'll never learn to do it, instead just saying I get "stronger" in some vague way. So explicit growth rules can only improve my powers. Can't please everyone no matter what he does.
>>
>>48151392
Wrong reply anon?
>>
>>48151351
You can't make everyone happy, someone's going to bitch.
>>
>>48151379
Very much which?
>>48151380
I see... Duly noted then.

At least... once he's shown he's worked out how to make wormholes with his powers, does he keep using that, or after having done that once or twice, does he simply "forget" that he knew how to do so? :p
>>
>>48151421
>And also there's six hundred jumps and fuck combing through all that when we've got easy mode.

Yeah, that's gonna make the Jumpmaker feel so much better.
>>
>>48151167
Jesus Christ man, are you seriously making this argument? You're talking about fucking COMIC BOOKS.
Depending on the issue, a jumper who took nothing but Pokemon for a jump could curbstomp the EXTENDED Grey family and the entirety of the X-men. Not to mention the fact that Omega level Adaptive Evolution puts you on par with comic book Darwin, barring shit like no-selling Skyfathers (who are galaxy busters at minimum), which would by itself give you a decent shot at fighting any given comic X-man who isn't an Omega and even some who are.
>>
>>48151391
I agree with >>48151447 Generally I have no idea how powers are supposed to grow or work, so I don't have them grow at all unless I've got a good idea of how it should.

Maybe we can compromise and have a list of suggestions for growth?
>>
>>48151217
>I just don't hear much about, but thank you all for speaking up.

Worm's perks (particularly the capstones) don't lend themselves well to jumpers who aren't big on groups/empires/etc. The drop-in line is a bit of an exception to this (Spanner in particular, although PCS is just good in general), but the others aren't as interesting for the go-it-alone types. This isn't really you doing a shitty job, though, as it's a pretty inherent part of Worm itself (you may be weak individually, but together you can accomplish anything).

For what it's worth, I love the drop-in perks, and PCS easily rivals some of the powers. The rogue line was amazing for a merchant build I did.

>>48151302
>survive Golden Morning and/or kill the endbringers
Surviving GM is pretty easy with foreknowledge. Delaying alone is sufficient since you'll be out before it goes off, and the canon path is incredibly finicky (just showing up in BB can be enough to stop it). Endbringers can be killed by shredding an Endbringer down to its skeleton when Fletchette is around, assuming you have a way to find the core (if not, Tattletale).

Abusing Norton's command over Scion is an easy cheat as well. Telling him to focus on Endbringer Fights above all else, and to kill them, would result in the EBs running out rather quickly (within a year? two at most).

I realize I'm just reinforcing the point, but I had to bring it up. It's nowhere near as difficult to handle as people make it out to be (unless you take certain drawbacks).
>>
>>48151460
He makes wormholes when he needs to. Most of the time the amount of effort it takes is so much that it's not worth it. But yes, he has done it on more than one occasion.
>>
>>48151017
Yes.

Granted, most of this comes from complete ignorance of Warhammer et al.
>>
File: 1246298548115.jpg (175KB, 600x940px) Image search: [Google]
1246298548115.jpg
175KB, 600x940px
>>48151440
What's this A thread or two back about The Flea being a rudo?! he is the worst of the good guy wrestlers he's not a bad guy!

>>48151460
he most certainly has the power of plot! Whenever Marvel needs someone to job they put them against magneto, the dude defeated Apocalypse in moments by controlling the magnetism in his brain,he's pretty based though so it's cool,Pic related.
>>
File: shruglife.jpg (50KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
shruglife.jpg
50KB, 550x400px
>>48151468
Look, all I'm saying is, there's a lot of different perks all gathered together in one jump, it kinda makes it easy to keep track of them.
>>
File: 1246298614412.jpg (193KB, 600x940px) Image search: [Google]
1246298614412.jpg
193KB, 600x940px
>>48151502
>>
>>48151391
Honestly that seems to be a really nit-picky assumption about how I'm going to be defining things anon. Guess I'll just have to hope you are alright with how things turn out if I try to define it more.

>>48151394
I'll think about enabling that somehow anon, but I can't make any promises right now. I am tempted to let BB be a free pick, but at the same time it feels like it's already all anybody focuses on. Probably the best idea though. As for powers I am flat out doubling them, for a total of 8 in each category, you'll be getting your wish there.

>>48151457
Sadly, but I'd like to try and make sure that everybody gets to at least have their say. There is a ton of tension in the thread at times, and a lot of people seem to feel that they don't get to have their opinion listened to. I'm just trying to do what little I can to help that I guess. Even if there are things I'm not going to do because I don't think it's the best way go about it. Just kind of want people to know that I am listening, even if I don't agree in the end.
>>
File: 1246298650207.jpg (201KB, 600x940px) Image search: [Google]
1246298650207.jpg
201KB, 600x940px
>>48151517
this is how I justice.
>>
>>48151502
>>48151517
>>48151539
Magneto's still a dick, but I have to admit that was kind of cool.
>>
>>48151407
>I really regret the letting people upgrade powers, thing, though.
Then why do you keep discussing adding even more upgrades? Never understood that.
>>
>>48151407
>I'm sorry about that, anon. I don't really know what to do, though. Limiting the amount of powers people could take would just piss them off and the thread was very vehement about not wanting an increase in price
Have you thought about saying one Omega per person? give a reason to take other powers.

>I really regret the letting people upgrade powers, thing, though.
Please don't be. Also it would be unfun to know that yes this power has an Omega version (and someone in setting may even have it) But you have to pick between these other Omega powers, just because.
>>
>>48151473
I meant in terms of that singular power. Don't be obtuse.

For Darwin:
1. He's not even Omega.
2. You're explicitly weaker than him.
3. Hitting him with sufficient force fast enough can kill him before he can adapt. Most comic Omegas are more than enough to curb stomp him outright.
>>
>>48151560
the dude was In Auschwitz, he earned a bit of Dickishness.
>>
>>48151526
I probably won't be and I'm sure it'll end in a massive disaster and a dead thread or two.
>>
>>48151606
>Wasting points on shitty non-omega powers
No.
>>
>>48151634
Well that just sound like your a fucking dick, so that's on you.
>>
>>48151634
Much as I think you being a pessimistic piece of shit isn't helping, you have a point.
>>
>>48151539
bancho you are not an antivillain that has the flair to wear bright red and look like a badass doing so.
>>
>>48151658
You'll be part of it too, I'm sure. I'll say I'm unhappy about something, you'll respond like this, we'll start arguing, others will join, and there goes the threads.

>>48151667
I've been here since the beginning. I know how things go.
>>
>>48151679
you're right, I don't have that kind of flair in fashion Or fighting and I never claimed I did. but my targets,methods and goals are vastly similar to his
>>
>>48151709
>You'll be part of it too, I'm sure. I'll say I'm unhappy about something, you'll respond like this, we'll start arguing, others will join, and there goes the threads.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>48151595
Because people complain about those powers not having Omega options.

>>48151606
>Have you thought about saying one Omega per person? give a reason to take other powers.
...You know, I really didn't. It would have solved thr problem, too.

At this point, though, I'm afraid it may be too late. See:>>48151655 for how I expect that conversation to go.
>>
>>48151728
Not doing anything to make my prediction less likely.
>>
>>48151709
You sound like that retard who plays the hurr durr suicide is the only option if you don't get your spark faggot.
>>
>>48151746
If you say so, anon.
>>
>>48151526
>As for powers I am flat out doubling them, for a total of 8 in each category, you'll be getting your wish there.
Ok, that is amazing. 12x8=96 different powers. Woah. Like Lex Luthor could steal 40 of them (and that would be TERRIBLE) and you would still have 56 left.
>>
>>48151709
Or you could just not pick a fight and shit on the jumpmaker for 300 posts.
>>
>>48151526
I want to request that Forgot my Cellphone be made a 0 CP drawback instead of a perk, just because it seems like the kind of thing that's normally presented as a 0 CP drawback. I also want to request that it be given some fluff that hammers you over the head that not taking it means you're essentially allowing a kid to go through hell for the greater good, which very much fits with the themes of Worm.

Also, I want to request that the drawback that makes Uber and Leet hate you just brings Leet more in-tune with his shard, as opposed to completely removing his restriction. Leet without his limit would arguably be the strongest tinker in the setting, potentially being beaten by Dragon, and I'm concerned as to whether dealing with that is worth only 100 CP.

And one last quick thing, I just want to pitch the idea of Macguyver tinkering as a tinker power if you're still looking for suggestions.
>>
>>48151759
I will voice my opinion regardless of what happens. I don't think you can promise me that someone won't overreact to it, and the way you are acting just encapsulates the very mindset that causes this sort of thing.
>>
>>48151407
cracker jack feel free to ignore this if it sounds dumb but with the apocalypse film you could attach a zero cp apocalypse target drawback to the omega's if you feel they are too free now. It also wouldn't require masses of build changing for people and you would be forced into a dangerous drawback if you wanted the OP powers so you would actually need them.
>>
>>48151757
>Ok, that is amazing. 12x8=96 different powers. Woah. Like Lex Luthor could steal 40 of them (and that would be TERRIBLE) and you would still have 56 left.

>>Lex Luther With 40 worm level superpowers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBTL4lvaXA4
>>
>>48151773
>Forced drawbacks
Fuck no.
>>
>>48151772
Right, the self righteous type I see, done talking to you now. Good day sir.
>>
>>48151809
Good day, anon.
>>
>>48151502
Dude, he nearly got tossed into the fucking Rudo classes in the first five episodes. He may not be an actual Rudo but he's sure as hell not something like Ricochet or Buena Girl.
As far as it goes, Rudo is the closest to him of the perklines.
>>
File: chuckle.png (227KB, 595x496px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.png
227KB, 595x496px
>>48145096
Gah, figures I fell asleep before you showed up.

Basically-would you consider including a human background alongside the other Leviathan backgrounds? I feel the Marduk Society could have some interesting perks, and perhaps Drop-Ins could be based around being super tranquil and chil. I presume being an Atoll would be undiscounted and human-only.

Was also going to ask if you were using 1e or 2e but that got answered already.

>>48147880
>everyone has their own rules of engagement

Making a lot of assumptions here, man. Against the sort of opponents I consider a threat, one either fights dirty and fights hard or isn't going to be fighting anything ever again.

That, and pretty much what >>48148732 said. Rules go out the window in an actual existence-or-annihilation struggle. When they don't, it's a farce to entertain my benefactor with.

>>48148467
It would be more accurate to say that sometimes the lattice of physical laws, patterns of hyperdimensional spirit energy and crystalised concept of my willpower manifests in a form resembling mechanical structures.

But-no, I wouldn't truly identify as a cyborg. I'm no more a cyborg than the nuclear power plant that keeps a city energised is.

>>48148556
Depends on what you mean by that.

Some would say I only stopped being me around 183, in Dune.

Some would say I was going through a gradual decline of hedonism ever since Macross (jump 122), because of deepseated insecurities from my defeat there.

Some would say performing the Darkhallow in jump 25 counts, even if it did take out an Old God in the process and I had good cause to believe it was necessary.

And finally, some would say taking Ravenloft as jump 10 meant I was never quite the same, and everything that followed can be traced back to those days.
>>
>>48151827
Wouldn't a background like that be innately overpowered compared to all the others by the very nature of the villains having to be superior to the heroes so they can be a threat?
>>
>>48151773
Eh, that could work. Have to keep it simple though, something like the "various sides will jockey for you"? Make it so that they'll push harder the longer you go without picking a side, and if you don't join them they'll prioritize you in fights (and maybe keep trying to get you to swap sides under the table or something).
>>
>>48151613
Again, comic book powers are incredibly inconsistent. Don't be obtuse.

And you're only weaker than him in comparison to ONE showing, wherein his powers of adaptation allow him to no sell the death touch of a goddess comparable to Odin and steal her powers in one go. Which is a completely ridiculous outlier, by the way
>>
I am officially retarded.

In Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 1, what do Gaia Memories actually do, besides enabling henshin?
>>
>>48151908
They give powers based on the Memory's theme. Dopants tend to be able to use a single Memory and draw out the majority of its power while a Rider has less power from any given memory but can use swap between them or use multiples at a time for more versatility. Riders also can initiate a "Maximum Drive" mode of the Memory to briefly increase the power of it massively. This can be channeled through compatible weapons.
>>
>>48151908
well they are massive databases and a "knowledge is literally power" energy source and there are certain weapons that are empowered by them,I seriously regret not trying to magpie the engine blade
>>
>>48151908
They give powers based on their memory. For example, Laser allows you to shoot lasers.
Interestingly enough, abstract ideas seem to give more powers. Utopia gives telekinesis, face stealing, flight, and far more. However, they're far harder to collect.
>>
>>48151526
A suggestion for a perk, something that gives you instinctive knowledge of all your powers in the same way you do your parahuman power.
>>
File: contemplative.png (254KB, 610x520px) Image search: [Google]
contemplative.png
254KB, 610x520px
>>48151840
It's true Leviathan emphasises mankind's dominance over the planet, but I do think such a background could be balanced by taking into account factors like:

a) Raising the cost of the Marduk background to be significantly greater than the others. Related to this, the fluff holds that Marduk explicitly doesn't have a free hand; there's internal conflict between the corrupt Old Men and their reletively idealistic subordinates, despite their superscience they still have economic limitations on their scope of operation and they really want to avoid collateral damage-and of course, at the end of the day apart from /maybe/ the Old Men and some of their closest cronies they're only human. Marduk as a whole isn't so much "innately overpowered" as they've had a long time to build up infrastructure everywhere and learn how to punch Leviathans' weak points (electricity and Marduk's sigil) very, very, very hard.

b) The fact that said dominance is achieved by humanity AS A WHOLE, so with regards to drop-in you could be some chill joe schmo living in a world full of eldritch demigods, their psychic whiplashes and their crazed cults. Individually, most humans are still at a disadvantage against beings that can spit acid, transform into a kaiju, tear out your throat or trigger earthquakes.
>>
>>48152016
Jun's powers were actually from him being already psychic before even becoming a Dopant. Foundation X has a surgery that does it, one of the Drop-In perks teaches you how to perform it. Utopia's actual power was something along the lines of transforming willpower and desire into energy, which synchronized with Jun's psychic powers to enhance them.
>>
>>48148556
many many times i got my free coffee when i destroyed my 6th planet while jumpchan laughed at me for 2 months while i floated in space. immortals really don't get when a joke has gotten old.

>>48148467
cyborg then back to biotech due to preference aesthetically.
>>
>>48151961
>>48152016
Huh, neat.

So, for the Jumper Memories, am I just supposed to make something up with the keywords given? If so, are there any notable limitations (ie no minion creation, no messing with minds, no healing others, etc) or is it anything goes so long as it fits the power level?
>>
That Mucha Lucha jump makes me want a El Tigre jump so I can be a spooky guitar playing skeleton supervillain
>>
>>48152263
Anything should go so long as it fits the power level. All of those things you've listed are things that Riders (though not necessarily Riders in W) and Kaijin have done, so it would be fine.
>>
>>48149406
>>48149518

Yeah, no. Not worth it for me.

What kind of wacky hijinks can I get up to in Captain Harlock?
>>
>>48152293
I only saw a couple episodes of El Tigre, but it looked okay.

Was it?
>>
>>48152428
I thought it was.
>>
>>48152428
>>48152440
It was a decent middle of the road show. Not amazing, but it wasn't terrible or boring. It was definitely worth watching at the time.
>>
>>48152263
Honestly?
The best way to think about it is that they're more or less Externally Usable Stands. They have one powerset but that powerset can be basically anything. None of them QUITE get to The World level of bullshit but some get close. Hell, Money Dopant was basically D'arby the Elder! (He even turned people into coins! though granted since this is a kid's show he was able to turn them back once his memory was destroyed)

what >>48151982
said is true, though. They're energy sources made from the Earth's power itself and the Memory itself is the compilation of every piece of knowledge about the Memory's topic
>>
Does the Warehouse force shield hinder uninvited dimensional travelers?
>>
>>48152621
Yes.
>>
>>48152621
Your guess is as good as anyone else's. The description in the supplement is the only thing that's written about it.
>>
>35)Ed, Edd, and Eddy
>Post-Script Season Mode

>I've Got A Plan
>Just Like The Old Country
>Come On Boys
>Lots of Hurt, Hold the Onions
>Bambo Techology + Upgrade

>Chunky Puffs
>A Bathtub Full of Gravy

>Just Me and My Friends
>Aradia, Kanaya, Porrim, Terezi, Vriska, Aranea, Feferi, Meenah, Giffany, Bass, Red

>That Stupid Bird
>Kankers
>The Fourth Sibling

A peaceful suburb huh? That's nice. I fly south and start conquering South America.

More interesting are the personal developments within the party. Now that he's no longer evil, Red is a big red wise dragon leader and it sort of reminds Terezi of how much she misses her mom. He becomes a kind of father figure for her, and it's adorable. Less adorable is the fact that Giffany finally has a human body and still has a crush on me. I don't want to get her hopes up, but she is right that my wives and I are basically swingers... and Vriska isn't helping by egging me on and calling me a pansy for trying to turn down a girl who wants me. Gosh, we're all stupid teenagers again and I tried to set her up with Bass but he only cares about dumb things like fighting robots and... I start letting her join in sometimes. Fuck, I hope this isn't going to cause drama.

I really have to hand it to the Kanker sisters though. Breaking through those military blockades to screw with my shit was impressive. I really have to explain to the Missuses that I'm taking these drawbacks because they're efficient ways to get perks, not because I want a harem damnit. At least I have enough charisma/befriending perks to eventually beat them into leaving me alone ("You are 20 by now! You have to stop causing these international incidents.") so I can add them to my quickly exploding list of scrub tier companions that I'll never use.
>>
>>48151526
I know you are getting tired of questions like this but. . . If I used PtV to try to get past a code protected door would it give me the code or is that too precise for PtV at its initial strength?
>>
>>48152636
>>48152662

Alright. On a related note, are there any perks that are like a "self-dimensional anchor" that prevent you from being transported against your will?
>>
>>48152299
>>48152544
Thank you. Having trouble figuring out how strong the canon people are, since the wiki is less than helpful, but that makes it a lot easier.

...Also, that Stand comparison is hilarious. The idea I had in mind for the Bomb Memory was basically just a less ridiculous Killer Queen, creatively bankrupt as that might be.
>>
>>48152716
Something like a password is simple and set enough that you'd get the exact numbers to input. It's when things are more up in the air and variable that things get more general.

Spent a good portion of today rexamining my assumptions about how I was viewing the power, and I'm rewriting the description to hopefully give people an accurate idea of it. Honestly I've realized I didn't have the most concrete idea myself, so here's to fixing that mistake.
>>
>>48152721
Cast Dimensional Anchor on yourself?
>>
>>48151217
>Still not entirely sure anon it just seems really really cheap for what you're paying for. And every point you save on powers you get to spend on perks which are also really great. It feels like it's bypassing the opportunity cost so people could have their cake and eat it too, going against part of why the jump is structured the way it is.
But think about Harry Potter for an example. Everyone gets to be a wizard for free, even though the setting has Scrubs and Muggles. Because you should not have to pay CP to but into the Genre. Worm is a Superhero genre, please don't make us pay to get the power we want.

Or compromise by charging less than 200 CP to choose Category and 200 CP to choose within power. 50-100 CP to change what you rolled, like location.
>>
>>48152721
Other than the D&D spell Dimensional Anchor? Not really. The best you can hope for are various abilities that allow you to transport yourself, so that you could come right back.
>>
>>48152763
Well, yeah, except something always active that can't be dispelled would be better.
>>
>>48151732
Hey, consider this one more vote for "one omega max per person might be a good rule", though, of course, it's your jump. But if you're wanting to somehow limit omega powers, one omega max (or maybe mandatory drawback if you take more than one) seem like reasonable options to me at least.
>>
>>48152777
You don't need to pay CP to getin into the genre, everyone gets to be a superhero for free. But in Worm, people don't get the powers they necessarily want. Not evne Cauldron Vials since they're unpredictable. Your examples and reasoning falls apart with the justification your using and it really just comes down to you wanting to get whatever power you want for cheaper or free, rather then it making sense in other ways.
>>
>>48152833
>people don't get the powers they necessarily want. Not even Cauldron Vials since they're unpredictable.

I give it two posts before someone uses the "But we're Jumpers and we don't follow in-setting rules" excuse.
>>
>>48152833
Well, people sort of get the powers they want. It's just that shards tend to A. Not understand human psychology and B. Care more about useful data than their host's happiness. They give you what they think you want and will be interesting, not what you actually want. So you get cases like Taylor, who was lonely and feeling abandoned, so Queen Administrator gave her an entire swarm of tiny helpers. Or Aisha, who wanted to be left alone because she was too insecure to deal with people openly, and now has to put in conscious effort to keep her closest loved ones from forgetting she even exists. Shards tend to be monkey's paws.
>>
>>48152762
Hmm, does that mean that steps further down the line will be less detailed than ones you are currently acting on? Basically having steps in the plan get more detailed as you get closer to it due to the lowering number of variables as you get closer to that step?

For example you know one of the steps down the line is going to be break into building X, when it comes time to break in it tells you the ideal entry point to building X, and finally gives you how to get through that entry point (like the code) when you get to it.
>>
File: 23374.jpg (29KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
23374.jpg
29KB, 225x350px
>>48152621
I kindof fanwank that it doesn't -- it's just a ludicrously indestructible forceshield. People who can bypass those through other means can still get in. But those are really rare, even in jumpchain. I think it makes things minutely more interesting.
But I don't think there's an official ruling, so whatevs. Fanwank and do whatever.

>>48152794
This isn't really a fix, but. Using Dark Wisdom from Overlord LN you could convert the spell to a mana using system, allowing you to cast it more frequently.
You could also probably create some kind of item that has the spell as a continuous effect, either through conventional D&D crafting (not recommended, since it's woefully ineffecient, but the perks are all right there for grabs in the jump itself if you want them), or through a more convoluted means.

Using Crimson Saint (Maoyuu Hero And Demon King ) to convert spells to tech, Cobra-La Biotechnology (G.I. Joe) to convert tech to biologic implants, and probably some sciencey biogenetics surgical skills in general (Gargoyles? Franken Fran?), you could potentially create some kind of genetic alteration that would allow the effect to continue indefinitely even without magic.

But in terms of a single perk, I don't actually know if there is one.
>>
>>48152690
>Giffany
>Friend
>>
>>48152925
Sure, but the point is they don't go "I want to have the Alexandria Package power" or "I want to have Blink" and get it. It's a not a choice up to the parahuman, but the one that gives them the power. As poorly as the Worm jump can reflect powers in setting, this is at least one thing it does very well to feel like the setting.
>>
>>48152970
Oh, agreed. I'm just being pedantic. Though a monkey's paw mechanic for choosing your power could be interesting. Not sure how it would work, and it would probably get a lot of anger thrown at it, but I'd like to see it just for novelty's sake.
>>
What are some good peaceful jumps for someone about to start a chain? Anything interesting and low risk?
>>
Is there a Rune Factory jump in the works or claimed?
>>
>>48153001
Nope
>>
>>48152964
Magical Purification Blast from Generic Magical Girl lets you befriend all kinds of things you probably shouldn't.

>>48152980
You could probably make a series of drawbacks that give you problem X and let you switch to ironic power Y for free, but that seems like a lot of work when Wormanon already has a lot planned.
>>
>>48152999
Pokemon is pretty good, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced has a super low chance of dying if you stay out of Jagds.
>>
>>48152999
TOME and Heaven's Lost Property, there's some action but I think if you go Synapse resident you don't have to do shit
and you get some godlike tech
>>
>>48152927
That's actually a pretty good way to think about it since the closer things are the easier it is to narrow down what needs to be done. I might have to keep that in mind when rewriting the description, thank you anon.

>>48152970
I do kind of wish it was more evocative of the setting, but at the same time looking over a lot of cape examples and the stuff is....not sure how to put it. In canon Brockton Bay and the people the story focuses on have rather good powers and are pretty straightforward, then when you get further from the main cast focus powers tend to get more of a spread and get more weird limitations/applications/nuances to them. If you have any advice on how to fix the issue I'd more than open to hearing it.

>>48152980
That does sound kind of neat, but I wouldn't know where to being and we've kind of passed the point where the power system could be heavily modified without derailing peoples builds. Can't help but think it'd cause a lot of salt, and JumpChain as a CYOA prefers to avoid monkey paws choices in the first place as part of its design. Would be cool for a more standalone CYOA though.
>>
>>48153070
>TOME
Really? I'm not too sure about that one.
>>
>>48153089
If you don't take drawbacks, TOME is mostly okay apart from one night where shit hits the fan.
>>
>>48153076
If you are still looking for suggestions how about this?>>48152056
>>
>>48152999
Harvest Moon is as peaceful as it gets.
Infamous is pretty safe if you stay out of the way of the plot. Also has some sweet perks that are great to pick up early.
There is of course Pokemon, never a bad place to start.
Harry Potter is pretty safe too, especially if you know the story. Great place to pick up some early magic.
>>
>>48153076
>Can't help but think it'd cause a lot of salt

I think you're past the point of Worm the setting causing a lot of salt.
>>
Hey /jc/, how many of you have multiple chains at once?
>>
>>48153028
Welp, guess I'll claim it unless another claim pops up soon.
>>
>>48153154
>>48153001
Make a claim for a specific game.
>>
>>48153089

You literally cannot die except one night, unless you literally can't behave in an online setting and get hit by a ban-beam
It's a LOT more forgiving than even Pokemon
>>
>>48153129
Put into my notes anon, it's a pretty good idea.
>>
>>48153138
I currently have about 5 I rotate between. Most of them are exceptionally wanky (not in the sexual sense). In one of them I took the Single Player Void Session Drawback in Homestuck first Jump, in another first Jump I did End Times Drawback in Dogs of War first Jump.
>>
>>48153172
Currently Rune Factory 3, since I know it best.
>>
>>48153176
>behave in an online setting

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>48153213
Your life/chain isn't in danger if you shitpost on 4chan.
I hope.
>>
>>48153076
One of the biggest things? Get rid of that stupid 'remove the limits on powers post jump' like with the Manton limit. It makes no sense, only makes the powers less like the canon stuff and just results in some powers getting huge boosts in power while others get nothing and for free at that. These are Worm powers, have them stay that way, not remove all the drawbacks and keep the good things. It goes so far against the setting I cannot comprehend why you even put it in in the first place. The powers grow with time and use thing? Make it like the setting, where it grows with conflict not just passively and continuously.

A lot of the stuff that's wrong, like all the powers being top tier and only outmatched by the Triumvirate and S class threats and that the powers being so strong discourages the creativity Worm powers are praised for because you can just accomplish anything you need with the power as is, can't be fixed because the jump has been out so long. What can be fixed is the fact that some powers are way better then others. The premier example? Imaginary Form, which I'm sure you've had brought up to you in the past.
>>
>>48153230
4chan jump when?

Don't take the /pol/ drawback.
>>
>>48153176
The servers aren't going to get shut down for ten whole years and the stuff that can kill you is only there for one night? I have been avoiding that setting because of the possibility of uncontrollable death.
>>
>>48153200
Aight. I'll make 4 at some point in the future.
>>
>>48153242
JumpChain Jump when?
>>
>>48153076
Please ignore >>48153233 who is trying to completely change the jump to suit his terrible tastes.
>>
>>48153233
>He wants random rolls and some powers be worse than others
>Hurr creativity when the main character's powers let her mind control any and everything
>>
Tales of Demons and Gods is in the process of getting an update. I will be hitting the bed soon but wanted to post some of the changes Im doing to it.

I added another 600 cp perk to each background.

I added 2 more items to the item sections so far, and may add more.

I add a variable cp perk that costs either 0 cp or 100 cp depending on if you choose to keep it after the jump.

I added a few new drawbacks and raised the drawback limit from 600 to 1000.

If you want to see it in detail here is a pastebin of the current update: http://pastebin.com/rr2VCwpk

Anyone have any specific things they would like to see added?
>>
>>48153267
Ignore this anon, who can't do anything but complain instead of giving counter arguments.
>>
>>48153267
I agree. Ignore this Anon.
>>
>>48153284
>please listen to my demands to ignore everyone else to cater to me alone
>>
>>48153258
Every single day.
>>
>>48147957
He also gained the ability to turn into a form with several more Jagan Eyes around his body at one point. I thought that was from the Jagan Eye growing in power
>>
>>48153245
Yes to both. There is ONE guy in the entire setting who can kill you for about a year(who usually doesn't want to use the power), and that shit is dealt with by the end of the year. On one night the entire game is on lockdown but if you hide well enough the mods won't get you

I'm gonna assume the game runs for 10 years for the sake of sanity.
It's literally as safe to you as playing any MMO, almost, with the exception of the Forbidden Power (which goes crazy on the aforementioned night but is easily avoided by hiding out in the purple caves or is used by the one guy)
>>
>>48153181
If you still need perks for a possible Cauldron Conspirator background, a possible idea I had is a perk based on Doctor Mother that helps you maintain control of subordinates who are stronger than you, but I'm having second thoughts and am concerned it overlaps too much with Perfect Communication.

Another idea is a perk that functions as a straight power boost to your parahuman ability, based on the fact that capes in Cauldron's inner circle tended to be on the stronger side, though this one would also bring up its own issues.
>>
>>48153233
>Hey Worm you know how people are worried your update is going to fuck them over so they're all paranoid as fuck?
>You know how every single update is chewed the fuck out by the thread?
>Yeah you should nerf all the powers.
>>
>>48153323
Wow, look at all these great arguments justifying why powers should have all their limits removed and be made horribly unbalanced with each other for no reason.

Oh wait you're all just whining about nerfs and screaming insults. As usual.
>>
>>48153282
What's the difference between demons and gods?
>>
>>48153282
Oh , while you're here, I have a few questions?

About how long does it take to become an Aspect (God?) of Law?

Can you still explode from absorbing too much aspect when you become a God?
>>
>>48153353
Your argument for why they should all be getting new nerfs that'll see the jumpmaker crucified and multiple threads ruined is literally 'hurr I dun like it'.
>>
>>48153233
I don't necessarily like your idea concerning the Manton limit, but I never saw the point of it and wanked that it remained post-jump because of how many powers were just plain better than others due to it.

What I'm saying is, I don't particularly care either way.
>>
>>48153370
No, it's not. But you haven't read my post, obviously, so there's little point responding to you because you'll never put up an actual argument when you could throw mindless insults.
>>
>>48153394
Or I have and I think it's idiotic.
>>
>>48153138

I generally tend to stick with one chain, two at most. If for some reason I've gotten stuck or bored on a chain, I figure it's time to bring the chain to an end and start a new one.
>>
>>48153403
No, you haven't. Because you've said my argument is 'hurr I dun like it' despite the fact that I've clearly stated twice that it's because the removal of the manton limit unbalances powers by making some get a boost while others don't and that it doesn't fit the setting.
>>
>>48153423
In your opinion. Your opinion that would lead to the update being trashed and causing a massive shitstorm and Worm becoming a persona non grata.
>>
>>48153433
Well, alright. Please explain to me how Alexandria Package not getting any boost from the Manton limit removal while Orbital Lock becomes able to let you one hit kill with a hand wave the majority of opponents by pulling their brain out of their skull. How is it balanced that one power gets a massive boost in lethality while the other gets nothing?
>>
>>48153138
I have one chain that I primarily use and it will not end until new Jumps stop being made.

However, I have multiple mini-chains on the side that I've built with them leading up to a specific jump each. On the specific jump, I only take Drop-In and I rule that I have no recollections of the prior jumps.
>>
>>48153453
Because the first one was already good enough. And while I think your stupid little opinion is garbage, I think the bigger issue is how just not worth it doing what you suggest would be. You seem to fail to understand you're not operating in a vacuum.
>>
>>48153360
Normally it takes years and you have to really work your way around existing law gods since there can only be one at a time, after the jump it is easier since they arent around any more. So a you could do it in a single jump, nie li does it in like a month because he has super haxx powers of being an mc.

Becoming a law god basically makes you immune to large quantities of law energy. However it also means it takes longer being in the pool to get more out of it. Basically it is possible to build up an immunity to it. Yu yan basically lived in it but she wasn't really getting mich out of it for herself at that point and she was a couple thousand years old.

>>48153358
Seems to be whether theyare good or bad and on what scale.
>>
>>48153233
Mmmmm, the whole remove limits thing was originally for stuff like Tinkers, and I sort of just decided to expand it as a bit of a free bonus I guess. It's something I need to consider.

Honestly, a lot of the power issues is how I described everything and it only enabled people to take the higher end assumptions, since in JC the more rational limitations and obstacles that make things difficult are so easy to forget about. I spend a ton of time sitting down and figuring out all the issues and troubles that would potentially arise in how my jumper wants to apply a power or do something, and it's easy for me to forget that my playstyle isn't the same as others. That's on me I guess. Updates my chance to sit down and try to do a better job on it.

As for Imaginary Form, the entire Changer section is getting redone since I screwed the pooch on it heavily. Believe me when I say it's already taken into account.

Any other powers that seem massively better than most of the others?

And guys, can we relax a bit, he's giving good points for why I should consider the idea at the very least and I shouldn't shut him down just because of the chance of people wanting to throw salt at me. I understand but if I can't listen to him and consider his opinion on its merits just because it might not be popular I'm not giving people the chance to give feedback like I said I would.

>>48153453 here is a good point that needs to be heard. Superpowers are by default stupidly lethal, moreso than we realize due to how fiction and comic-books have conditioned us to gloss over the logical consequences of them and how deadly they are.

As to the original counterpoint I gave when that was brought up, we have telekinesis perks that are a dime a dozen, and Worm is notable in that the Manton-effect is a thing in the first place. Most settings DON'T have that restriction in play. Just squeezing somebodies brain with telekinetic force is hyper-deadly.
>>
>>48153353
>Wow, look at all these great arguments justifying why powers should have all their limits removed
Dude, that is the way the Jump works now, and has worked since the beginning.

They are not the ones got need to make a great argument.

You are the one who want to change how it works. YOU are the one who needs to make a compelling argument for the existing system to change and mess up everyone's existing build.

That is how debating works: You think you have this great now idea on how thinks should work, YOU HAVE TO JUSTIFY AND DEFEND THAT IDEA.

You, have not bothered to do this, just try and place the onus on everyone else. Start learning to debate gooder than you have been, or GTFO.
>>
>>48153477
So the powers are unbalanced from the beginning? Seems like that should be fixed then, instead of some powers being better then others from the get go.

And no, I understand the situation. I just don't think the fear of some people screaming and whining about imaginary games should get in the way of attempts and suggestions to making a jump better. All your fearmongering does is shit on anything that tries to improve a jump that isn't a straight buff to everything.
>>
>>48153519
>The jump is only improved if you listen to meeeeee!
>>
>>48153511
>the entire Changer section is getting redone
Fitting, I suppose.
>>
File: 1385611023546.jpg (94KB, 1343x758px) Image search: [Google]
1385611023546.jpg
94KB, 1343x758px
>>48153511
>That whole first part
>Worm revealing that he's planning to nerf all the powers and force more limits on them.
Well now we know it's going to suck.
>>
>>48153516
Oh look, another guy who manages to not read anything but what supports his argument.

>>48153511
So because other settings don't have those limits, Worm power get them removed? Mate, that's inter jump balancing. And while I'm sure that somehow no one else will pop up to scream at you for it like they do when it takes away power, it's still something that you shouldn't be doing. Especially if it's the only justification.
>>
You fools.

This is what they WANT. The longer you spend snipping at each other about what the Angry Mob might or might not do, or whether they matter, instead of actually weighing ideas for the Jump, the closer they get to winning without having to do anything themselves.
>>
>>48153511
>I don't like how people were having fun with my powers
>So I'm going to force more arbitrary obstacles and difficulties
>>
>>48152959
Hmm. Use the Real Eater perk on the Narnian Time perk to replace 'time' with 'space'?
>>
Welp. Time for SMT Shitstorm Round 2: Worm Boogaloo.
>>
>>48153511
>guys, can we relax a bit, he's giving good points
>Good points
>Guys please relax while I suck his dick and let him nerf you into the fucking ground!
How about no?
>>
>>48153572
Which perk?
>>
>>48153584
Funny that you and your side has been saying it shouldn't be changed because it'll cause salt and yet you're the ones already bringing a shitstorm.
>>
>>48153601
You caused the shitstorm by trying to advocate for nerfs like a little autist.
>>
>>48153547
>>48153561
>>48153584
Oh god dammit! Worm_Anon so much as listens to an argument in favor of a nerf and people start shitting on him for it as if he has already agreed to do it! I don't like the idea either but can't we at least wait until he actually decides to do that before shitting on him for it?
>>
Can anyone post that pyramid again? It's so much easier to point out how one side can do nothing but insult the other side when we have a picture to point to.
>>
>>48153612
Nah, I'd say the guys already screaming their heads off like emasculated roosters are starting the shitstorm.
>>
>>48153629
My post wasn't about the idiot's suggestion. Mine was about the entire first part of Worm's post, where he rants about how he's going to put more limitations and difficulties on all the powers.
>>
>>48153511
>Good Points
Uhhh, worm, he just said the Manton effect should be enforced after the jump. The thing that literally cannot be enforced without a shard doing it, which we lack post jump. That makes zero sense.
>>
>>48153629
NO, MY POWER-BONER IN A SINGLE-PLAYER IMAGINATION GAME IS BEING THREATENED.
>>
>>48150156
>>48153511
>here is a good point that needs to be heard
Um, WORM_ANON, Alexandria Package DOES benefit from Manton Limits removal.

Manton Limits come in two basic forms:
Just Organic/Just Inorganic (Living only/Dead only)
Others Only/Self Only.

After Jump Alexandria could expand her field from just her naked self to her equipment and people she touches (Like Siberian)

So she would also benefit from Power Armor.
And Imaging Superman being able to lay hands on an hostage so his powers cover them as well, so they are also bulletproof and can fly at supersonic speeds without issues.

That trying to create a problem where none exists. Please Don't nerf the poor Alexandri Package Post Jump
>>
>>48153630
Name calling: the foundation on which every good argument is built.
>>
>>48153679
If it being a single-player imagination game is such a big deal, shouldn't it not matter so much to you to force a nerf on people?
>>
>>48153491
>>48153282
I will answer any questions posed to me in the next thread, I have to hit the bed and yeah I already know I need to grammar and spell check it.
>>
>>48153650
So you shouldn't have your powers either right? Because you don't have a shard to give you them. But you do, because the power is converted into a power that doesn't need the shard. So why does that conversion get rid of all the limits of the powers? If it does, why do some powers have limits removed and made better, while others do not?

>>48153695
Shouldn't it not matter whether something is nerfed or not if it's single player imagination?
>>
>>48153282
The upper tiers of power in the setting. Feats, what the jumper is eventually capable of, etc.
>>
It's a game. A game, with occasional software patches.

It's not like you're losing powers in real life or anything. And yet, it seems, that's how personal it always is when the salt begins to rise. As if somehow, a part of your real identity is being taken away.

Then comes the other side, which reacts to the anger as if it were literal, actual poison being injected into their veins.

We haven't lost ourselves to this game just like that, have we? Surely there's more to all of us than this?
>>
>>48153705
>I will answer any questions posed to me in the next thread
Is there such a thing as objective good and evil?
>>
>>48153716
Sorry anon, you don't get to turn it around when you've evoked it. If we shouldn't care about you nerfing, why are you caring that you do nerf it? Why try so hard instead of leaving it alone?
>>
>>48153596
Narnian Time from Chronicles of Narnia protects you from temporal shenanigans, like being thrown through time or somebody killing your parents before you were born. Real Eater from Medaka Box allows you to change a single aspect of something. E.g. if you had the ability to hurl balls of 'fire' you could change the ability so you could hurl balls of 'ice'.

Real Eater is an entire fricking 1000cp though, and Medaka Box seems to be full of OP dicks if you go anywhere near the plot.
>>
This thread didn't happen.
>>
>>48153722
>I just deleted your 200 hour save file big bro, why are you so mad?
>>
>>48153683
Funny that you can't actually respond to me instead of begging to him about it. But sure, let's bring up the other powers. There's plenty. Tell me how Transporter and Path to Victory get boosts from the Manton limit being removed. Or Blink. Or even Soft Physics.
>>
>>48153736
We've been through that once already, anon. Never again.
>>
>>48153727
I believe so but thats just, like, my opinion man.
>>
>>48153749
>He wants Path to Victory to get buffed.
>>
>>48153683
That would only be possible if the Alexandria package worked like that, which it does not. It is solely a power that applies to the user.
>>
>>48153727
>Is there such a thing as objective good and evil?
No good, no evil, only shitposting.
>>
>>48153716
Theres a difference, I'm buying the power, the manton limit is an unfortunate side-affect that is a canon thing. Regardless of anything I keep the power post jump because I bought it. However the weakness that is brought upon by a shard going "no, you stop that" will be gone because I don't run off of a shard anymore.
>>
>>48153491
Okay, at the bottom, it says that Law Aspect of Water can be dangerous.

Do you absorb mundane sources of your aspect, and is that why it's dangerous, or is that specifically for water because of the Fountain of Law? Like, if your aspect was fire and you stood in a burning building, would you be at risk of asploding?

Thirdly, how large is the "Large Staircase"? Is it effectively infinite, or is it just a "Large" Staircase. Because that's fairly relative.
>>
>>48153629
Are people not allowed to disagree with jumpmakers now?
>>
>>48153547
How much confusion have we had over PTV, Iterative Improvement, how many people have pointed out that the Changer powers have serious issues and dwarf many of the others. I've had to answer TONS of questions because people didn't understand what exactly the power was capable of. If the wording isn't clear it needs to be polished, and if I fucked up in imbalancing some of them then it needs to be modified to make things better. I'm not blanket nerfing everything, I'm making sure people know what they are getting so there isn't anymore confusion or vagueness. And I'm STILL sticking to the idea that the powers are good enough for you to be a damned notable cape in the setting. Just because you aren't the Triuumvirate or some of the S-Class threats doesn't mean the powers aren't crazy good.

>>48153557
Inter-jump balance isn't the issue, it's letting people play a bit more with the power than an arbitrary in jump restriction that might I add, is specifically arbitrary IN SETTING due to the nature of shards and how they are doing things. Removing some of the shard fuckery hindering the users a bit so a Jumper be more creative isn't necessarily a bad thing. You're more than free to bring up reasons I should reconsider though.

>>48153561
Not what I'm doing anon, I was working on assumptions I made BECAUSE I was working on my own assumptions. It's the exact opposite.

>>48153650
I'm considering his points anon, not agreeing completely, there's a difference between admitting someone's arguments have merit and conceding. I'm listening to feedback.

>>48153683
You're kind of assuming they can extend the field consciously to others and whatnot instead of it being purely personal. Just because it's the power they have doesn't mean they can push it beyond the way it currently functions. It's a personal scale power with personal scale effects, not a striker ability that you can share. The text doesn't say anything to that effect.
>>
>>48153772
Disagreements don't need to insults.

Disagreements can be mature, and honest, instead of Fox News-tier mudslinging.
>>
>>48153763
So we should also remove the parts of the powers that are basically the shard helping you handle it right? Like Queen Administrator helping you handle directing all the bugs at once. Only fair right? Or are you saying you should keep all the good parts of having a shard and not have all the bad parts?
>>
>>48153748
... point.

But my counter would be "if you don't like the updated version, don't use it". It's like how Civ 2 is still a great game, even though Civ 5 is graphically shinier. So if I jumped Setting #95 when it was version 6, I just ignore version 7 unless I'm starting a new chain anyway. YMMV.
>>
>>48153781
>I'm not blanket nerfing everything
Your post says you're forcing more limits and difficulties. In your own words, point blank. Stop lying. You slipped up and revealed you're nerfing everything when before you promised everyone you wouldn't be doing such.
>>
File: 1424591020005.gif (1MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1424591020005.gif
1MB, 426x240px
>>
So, that anon telling me a few threads ago I was being shit because Red and Worm are friends and thus the update would be influenced?

Tell me I'm wrong again.
>>
>>48153781
>I had to answer questions
>That means I should nerf all the powers so nobody wants to talk to me anymore
>>
>>48153800
That's not valid. Everytime some idiot brings that shit up. Old builds are not valid. Old versions are not valid. You can only use the newest one. That's how it works here.
>>
>>48153764
You Can absorb mundane sources of your element. The law water is itsself dangerous because it packs so much law energy into such a small area (relatively) but in general mundane sources aren't going to hurt you any more if you are a law god. In setting yu yan (fire law goddess) is chill as hell sitting inside a giant flame tower whe most everyone else is trying not to explode.

The staircase is technically infinite but after a certain point its going to be difficult to keep climbing just from the sheer pressure each step will add.
>>
>>48153781
I just want to say that I think you're handling this very well. There are going to be people who don't care what you're saying and just want to start fights, and I think the important part is to be able to tell the difference between them and people with legitimate criticism.
>>
>>48153781
Thankyou for being a jump-maker who really cares about your jump's balance. I'm glad you're listening to feedback and I hope the shitposters aren't dragging you down. There's always gonna be those no matter what you do.

Yes, capcha, I know your fetish is store fronts, seriously.
>>
>>48153781
I've brought up plenty of reasons. Powers are made unbalanced by it (Which you explicitly agree with considering you just shut down the boost that the Alexandria Package might get from it being removed, meaning other powers that do get boosts are made better). It doesn't fit the setting. More importantly, all these powers should give plenty of room for creativity. If they don't, that's your fault as the maker, because the powers in canon were praised BECAUSE of the creativity they had, even with the Manton Limit. And that reasoning, that it lets people play a bit more, still doesn't make sense because it only applies to SOME powers. Sure Orbital Lock gets a boost, but what does Blink get to be more creative?

You shouldn't remove integral parts of what a power is in a series just because you'd think it'd be more fun that way. I'm sure people could do more with Naruto Jutsu if they didn't need to expend chakra, yet that limit is retained. Add in all the above arguments and I really don't see how you can in fact justify removing the manton limit.
>>
>>48153824
Great, you're here. Now my side is going to be discredited by you agreeing with it. God I hate you.
>>
>>48153781
Iterative Improvement is getting nerfed?. . . well. . . fuck. . .
>>
>>48153824
One salt at a time.

>>48153547
It isn't nerfing. It's literally "I didn't write what the power actually did and people got confused."
What you're doing is shoving words in other people's mouths and calling them liars when their intent is just to make the jump readable.
>>
>>48153857
>the powers in canon were praised BECAUSE of the creativity they had
The main character has the power to mind control anything.
>>
File: potatoes.jpg (287KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
potatoes.jpg
287KB, 1400x933px
>>48153838
>>
>>48153787
It's either we keep all the good quantities and none of the bad, or we keep the bad as well, but that fucks over tinkers and strikers alike. Theres nothing wrong with how it is now.
>>
>>48153863
Your side already started slinging insults and hate, anon.
>>
>>48153875
>It isn't nerfing. It's literally
Him saying he didn't like that people took a high interpretation of the power so he's forcing more limits and difficulties in that WEREN'T THERE before.
>>
You know what makes no sense to me? When a jumpmaker - Worm_Anon and Cracker_Jack being the most prominent examples - makes a jump with a big list of shiny powers and then complains when people gravitate towards those over the rest of the jump.
>>
I literally don't understand the argument for why drawbacks for powers should be enforced post jump. We've been here before, no jump should ever do this.
>>
>>48153863
I'm not hearing "You're wrong."
>>
>>48153857
ParanoidAnon, everyone hates you.

>>48153907
Remember the autist whining about Naruto? It's him again.
>>
>>48153453
please do not argue about balance while asking for certain powers to be weakened as it hypocritical to the extreme. the alexandria package is more relevant than most out of jump anyway so its a terrible example since applying the manton limit out of jump is huge. while i agree on the manton limit drop not necessarily being thematic arguments can be made you have shard restrictions in jump and lose them after. yes some powers benefit more from the manton limit removal than others especially shaker powers and attached shaker powers but it doesn't drastically alter power balance post jump so long as you cant do stupid things like make sting a breaker power which you can't meaning the jump is fine as is. though i wouldn't object t manton limits staying then again i wanked that they did anyway.
>>
>>48153882
He has a point though. Go ahead and try to post an out of date build.
>>
>>48153881
Didn't I already respond to this earlier? I'm sure I did when I pointed out to the last idiot who posted it that she only did after she was jailbroken, not that she could do that on her own. But surely someone wouldn't be dull enough to repost that same, worthless argument right?

>>48153891
Fucks them over how? They work the same as they did in setting, where their powers are all ostensibly balanced against the other powers offered. Just because they can't mass produce stuff doesn't mean they suddenly become weaker then the rest of the powers post jump. It certainly doesn't mean you can't eventually recreate them without the power either.

>>48153917
It's disappointing to see people revert to the same old method of trying to discredit people once more.
>>
>>48153857
Fuck off you sperging idiot.
>>
>>48153881
Compare this to a character from HunterXHunter who had the power to make his aura sticky.

He found a way to use this power to bring himself back to life.
>>
>>48153944
Anime logic, not something that'd actually work from 'creative use'.
>>
>>48153944
How?
>>
>>48153942
>>48153691
>>
>Everyone on both sides of this argument ten minutes ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eLxXJVaXN4
>>
>>48153933
You're discredited by existing, ParanoidAnon.
>>
>>48153944
Here that is called wanking so hard it bleeds.
>>
>>48153907
No, in fact, it's a great thing that every jump should do.

In fact, we should make a new rule that every drawback you ever take in jumpchain is permanent, including mandatory ones, ESPECIALLY mandatory ones, to maintain the spirit of the source material and maintain intra-jump balance, because it's so important that these drawbacks are maintained.
>>
>>48153923
Please do not lie and put words in my mouth that I have not said. I have demonstrated several times that there are plenty of examples of powers not getting any boost, not just AP, and of powers getting extreme boosts so don't pretend it doesn't drastically change things. I have never argued for specific powers to be made weaker then the OTHERS, only that some powers such as the Imaginary Form, are already far stronger then any other and need to be rebalanced, something the Jumpmaker indicated he had previously thought of BEFORE I posted my argument. Finally, please fix your grammar. It's horrendous.
>>
>>48153802
Because when the jump has had issues with people not being sure about what a power was capable of and having to ask me forty questions over what the power is capable of and where the limits are it shouldn't be fixed anon? I'm working to fix all the issues that are present from it being my first jump, including me having my own head up my ass about assuming people would understand what I meant when I need to communicate things better.

>>48153875
This, I have had so many questions on Iterative Improvement for example that it's more than evident that people have no idea what the bounds of it are. I'm not nerfing it, I'm literally just redoing the description so I don't get "What is X capable of" a hundred times.

>>48153857
And I'm listening anon, taking notes, and paying attention. I am listening to everything you say and writing it down so I keep it in mind for the update, whichever way I go in the end. Just because I haven't said that I agree with everything one hundred percent does NOT mean I'm not listening to you. It means that I'm leaving things open so that others can put their opinions out there along with my own thoughts on the matter. If you can't see how I could justify doing it any other way that's fine, but your view isn't the only one. You have both the others view and mine as well, and I'm working to come to the solution that makes the best of all the points that are brought up wherever possible.

>>48153849
Thank you, I'm doing my best anon and I don't want people to think I'm committing to one side or the other, and I'm trying to give even the salty people the benefit of the doubt wherever possible. Even somebody who IS an actual shitposter (not saying anyone here is) can have a good point, and it's important to listen to what everybody says. Here's hoping I do a decent enough job.
>>
>>48154011
Just stop.

You're being Manyfist.
>>
>>48153933
>Fucks them over how?
Well lets think, they not only can't mass produce their tech that they should've earned by surviving the hellhole that is worm, but not a single fucking lerson will be able to understand their tech, their tech can't even be made by robots and can barely be used by others. This was only circumvented in the setting due to Dragon and Defiant working together to outfit people with tech. A jumper would have to go through leaps and blunds to even introduce their tech specialty into settings because for some reason they have a fiat imposed shard restriction, even if in canon they fucked over the entities legitimately or something.
>>
>>48153800
>But my counter would be "if you don't like the updated version, don't use it"
One Problem whoever the newfag curating the Drive is a bit delete happy. Have you seen any old versions get kept when a Jump is updated recently, or was it removed entirely for no reason?

>>48153838
Also those fuckers.
>>
>>48153907
So you don't understand why you need to expand mana to use Elder Scrolls magic post jump? Or why you can't cast infinite number of spells per day in DnD the second you leave the jump? Or why you need to pay Nen or Chakra or Reiatsu to use any of the corresponding abilities in jumps instead of using them for free?
>>
>>48154045
Energy source =/= a sapient computer cockblocking you on purpose
>>
>>48153902
>he didn't blow a good chunk of his points on better communication and psychology skills
Being able to get your ideas across in as clear a manner as possible is the best power of all.

When this new update comes I'm going shard then blowing all my points on those same communication skills again. Because that shit is golden.

Though I gunned for Reverse Engineering because I needed to perfect that nechron tech man

>>48154011
Hey if shard becomes a background could you add an additional drawback of getting a particularly disturbed or traumatized individual as a host?
>>
>>48154058
There's no significant difference and you know it.
>>
>>48153900
That's not what I'm getting out of it?
This is more the equivalent of if someone had a perk saying "You're the strongest on earth" and then wanking that meant you're the strongest person on any earth you step onto, even if it's something like DC

It's fixing an unwisely written perk or oversight, in my eyes. Of course I'm willing to admit, yeah it sounds like a nerf if you were relying on similar logic to that anon that said Undertale not explicitly saying "You can't Save/Load" meant he could save/load as a human and could continue save/loading in every damn verse afterwards

but that's not so much a nerf as a Patch.
>>
>>48154011
>It shouldn't be fixed?
Why the fuck is your idea of 'fixing' it nerfing it all intensely and adding new limitations?
>>
>>48154011
>I'm not nerfing it, I'm literally just redoing the description so it's much more limited and harder to use!
That's called nerfing.
>>
>>48154058
So some drawbacks to powers can be kept, while others can't, is what you are saying?
>>
>>48154011
Well since you are clarifying Iterative Improvement. . .

Can I make a ring that applies effect X to the wearer, such as giving whoever wears it a passive protective barrier?

Can I dump charge into an existing effect that I have placed on an item in the past to make that effect stronger?
>>
>>48154023
Aaaand the anti-update crowd just gained a +10 in Asshole.
>>
>>48154073
There is. Please stop trying to use false equivalencies, you're extremely bad at it.
>>
>>48154076
Because it's the difference between a perk that reads "I can cast a fireball" and "I can cast fire" which as written would let you cast all of the fire, ever.

I don't begrudge him for wanting to clear up what powers actually do instead of creating Unlimited No Limits Fallacy Works.
>>
>>48154073
>There's no difference between fuel and an AI
>>
>>48154114
>>48154096
>>
>>48154023
>>48154107

How? Manyfist seems like a reasonable-enough guy.
>>
I think at this point it's clear that anyone who's complaining about the "nerfs" is interpreting what other people are saying in the worst possible way, meaning they're either so stupid that we should disregard their posts, or they're doing it on purpose and we should disregard their posts.
>>
>>48154074
He said it himself. Read

>>48153511
>it only enabled people to take the higher end assumptions, since in JC the more rational limitations and obstacles that make things difficult are so easy to forget about.
>Updates my chance to sit down and try to do a better job on it.

Meaning, he's going to weaken all the powers and force more limitations on them.
>>
>>48154096
I think what he's saying is "drawbacks" is a very very broad term, end equating two drawbacks just because they can both be classified as 'drawbacks' is extremely foolish.
>>
>>48154009
fair enough o the grammar it sucks balls. i may have confused you with another anon in terms of AP i used a given example though the argument is relevant orbital lock freezes full objects as far as i can tell so like Alexandria package becoming a striker power that shouldn't work. manton limit doesn't stop orbital lock being an instant kill other factors do. manton limit removal doesnt change the nature of a power that much and what we have available doesnt really gain any huge boost that suddenly places it ahead of all the other powers. the 3 strongest powers IMO (PTV sting numberman) do not receive a boost and are still the strongest after others get it so i wouldn't argue that it causes balance issues.
>>
>>48154122
>Anon thinks unintended new limitations are the same shit as a typo
>>
>>48154105
Yes to both anon.
>>
>>48154159
Honestly mate? I'm not even going to reply until you spend 30 seconds fixing the grammar because it's just painful to read.
>>
>>48154170
>he's now ignoring all criticism
Going back on your word pretty quick there.
>>
>>48154133
I disagree with >>48154023 strongly, but I think he's referring to the fact that in the past Manyfist has made some controversial jump design decisions, deliberately waited a long time without acknowledging peoples' arguments against them and argue very stubbornly for their retention.

Examples would include initially granting comic book-level power rings for the GLTAS jump, enforcing gameplay elements into the World of Warcraft jump (and mocking people after unanimous rejection until apparently he was threatened by people petitioning to take down WoW from the drive, or so I was told) and fluffing a hobbit as being able to intimidate Jump-Chan in Dark Sun.
>>
>>48154170
wait

ring of set

I may have to reconsider my build
>>
>>48154146
That reads like him saying that people were applying the "no limits fallacy" to what he wrote, so he wants to make it more clear what it was actually intended to do.

You're literally arguing that you should be allowed to do things that you were never intended to be able to do. You are literally arguing that mistakes should be left in.
>>
>>48154011
>ask me forty questions over what the power is capable of
We have this autist that does that for everything, even things that are clear and plain language
>>
>>48154031
That's true, the drive pretty much only keeps the most revent version; is why I keep my own copies for my chain.
>>
>>48154073
Well there's a significant difference. Spells slots/mana usually don't affect what you can do or who you can do it to, just how often you can do it.

Better examples would be Paradox from MtA or the Dark Side from Star Wars.
>>
>>48154188
>Manyfist almost getting his jump taken down
God that was satisfying. After a thread of him posting smug pictures at people, watching him backpedal for his life was the best thing. Does anyone know which thread it was from?
>>
>>48154045
Bad example. That is not what the artificial shard imposed limits are. Remove the shards, remove shard fuckery

Think more like, Dresden Files magic. Kill someone post jump, The White Council SAYS breaking the laws makes you Evil, but that only applies to using them again Humans somehow, so killing Butters stains your soul, but you can kill Toot Toot no problem. And Merlin used time fuckery to make his Demon Prison, but you doing that is a slippery slope to Cackling Villainy.

No, the Dresden Files Laws are imposed from the outside. Using DF magic post jump should have nothing to do with the White Council. So using White Council Wizardry to explode someone should NOT care about the laws once you leave.

Worm Powers without shards should not care about previous shard nerfs.
>>
>>48154194
It reads like him forcing new limitations on them that didn't exist before because he thinks that will make people like his powers less and only talk about the perks like he's whined about before.
>>
>>48154161
I think it's preferable to no limits fallacies that don't appropriately represent even high-end examples of the setting's powers, yes. For example nobody in the Worm story has anything close to an infinite kinetic energy i.e. friction manipulation power, not even the S-class threats.

>>48154179
There's literally nothing wrong with responding to a question about a power, which is what he's doing.
>>
>>48154219
But it's a drawback. Anon said that no power should keep their drawbacks and only being able to use it a certain number of times is sure as shit a drawback.

>>48154232
So the inherent rules of one system of magic are drawbacks but the inherent rules of other systems of magic are not? It must be nice being able to cherry pick things to use for your argument.
>>
>>48154249
>If I don't put shitty new nerfs on my perks that didn't exist before anon will be omnipotent
Do you know how stupid you sound?
>>
>>48154134
I think Worm is making a mistake even asking the thread, but I admire him at least making an effort at it.
With a lot of these anons it's either you're sucking their dick or you're their worst enemy
I think he's better off just figuring it out on his own and if the thread doesn't like it, they had their chance to say anything on it.
>>48154146
I think >>48154122
had it better though. If someone wrote "You can control fire" thinking about fireballs and someone was using it to say they could, say, steal energy from the sun since it's basically a flaming ball of gas then that's a problem. If you think "you can control Fire" should be enough room to do high end ridiculousness like the examples given, then by all means the jump as-is? perfect.
>>
>>48154170
Could you make a sword that makes who ever holds it unnaturally good at using it? Because this is the power I used to make my Sword Note sword.

A sword that makes the user a supernaturaly good swordsman and can cut at long range. . . drools.
>>
>>48154074
>Of course I'm willing to admit, yeah it sounds like a nerf if you were relying on similar logic to that anon that said Undertale not explicitly saying "You can't Save/Load" meant he could save/load
>You can't do something even though there's no specific clarification on the matter, and you should have simply understood the fact that it wasn't allowed by fiat, on the basis that it was 'too strong'.

What, are we supposed to just assume we can't use magic for anything greater than fighting off an army or at most blowing up a planet, just because if we could do more with it we'd be 'too strong', without anything anywhere indicating as much?
>>
>>48154266
You completely missed the point of what the anon you quoted said. Way to go.
>>
>>48154170
Well, let me just up and say I'm excited for the update and I trust you'll do the Jump justice. You're taking this whole shitstorm of a thread very well. Thanks for everything Worm_anon.
>>
>>48154281
False flagging asshole.
>>
>>48154270
>by all means the jump as-is?
More idiots claiming old builds are valid when they're not.
>>
File: internet fight.gif (654KB, 400x208px) Image search: [Google]
internet fight.gif
654KB, 400x208px
>>
>>48154170
I believe you will do a good job Worm_Anon, some of this has made me a bit worried but I trust you and will wait and see before I start with the Shitpostingintensifies.gif
>>
>>48154266
You are purposely misinterpreting your opponents arguments to validate your own. You are constructing a strawman not representative of your opponent in actuality because you can't actually provide substantive evidence that they're wrong. You're practicing sophistry and intellectual dishonestly.

To sum it all up, you're shitposting.
>>
>>48147880
No target is unacceptable.
I try to steer away from killing people that aren't dicks, though.
>>48147903
Yeah. That's why I loved nintendogs so much. People who kick dogs are dicks.
>>48148467
Fuck no. I enjoy going cyborg for 10 years at a time, but some dick could just EMP me and i'm paralyzed or something. Also, machinery is a weakling's solution. Go fuck yourselves, cybfags.
>>48148556
no idea. do madmen realize they're gone?
>>48154023
you're a dick. go fuck yourself
just kidding
>>
File: PMD.png (126KB, 282x417px) Image search: [Google]
PMD.png
126KB, 282x417px
>>48153138
I've got two chains, both of native jumpers. Or, well, only one technically is. The other never existed before the first jump.
The first is more recent, starts with a Shadowrun native. Haven't gotten too far, honestly. Waiting for the Worm update for that chain. The second is a lot older, a healing/support based chain that starts with an Audino/Blaziken team in PMD.
>>
File: 4chan.gif (3MB, 325x183px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.gif
3MB, 325x183px
>>48154328
>>
>>48154303
This is ironic.
>>
>>48154227
I feel vaguely uncomfortable because I'm concerned you're one of the people shitting on Worm Anon for "forcing limitations" while I think so far he's been incredibly reasonable in the face of triggered powerboners.

Anyway it's just occured to me there were at least two occasions, so. Yeah. The first one went on for a few threads, too.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38851431/#38856159
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38851431/#38859428

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47511885/#47514063

There was some more later on but it sorta petered out after a while, just search "Manyfist" in the username field and "World" in the filename field on 4plebs

>>48154268
>It's okay if I leave the perks' wording ambiguous so that they grossly misrepresent the setting's capabilities

I dunno, do you?
>>
>>48154194
This right here sums it up, it's a mistake that needs to be fixed.

>>48154240
Anon, I'm not doing this out of spite, not sure I'll convince you though.

>>48154249
Again, this. Not being clear about the capabilities has caused a lot of issues, confusion, and salt in the thread.

>>48154270
Thanks anon, still gotta try though. I want people to be able to state their case, even if it means putting up with salt.

>>48154292
>>48154334
Thanks anons, I'll do my best to make sure you aren't disappointed. Fingers crossed.
>>
>>48154379
>I'm not doing this out of spite
And that's what makes it scary. An angry person might be reasoned with, but a sub-intelligent lemming? It'll never not fuck everyone over by jumping in front of the car.
>>
>>48154317
They aren't. I'm making a point that people are taking an inch and making a mile out of it with the current jump with 'muh creativity' as a justification instead of realizing there are a lot more perks with a lot less detail and limitations
It honestly reminds me more of the Mage saltfests where they piss and moan about the fact that there are any limitations on the magic system despite the fact there are many more magic systems out there with equivalent powers and less limitations
It just means don't jump the jump instead of trying to bitch and moan at Worm_Anon into making it "Worm if all of the rules didn't exist and everyone was at their memetic Wildbow Word-of-god power levels instead of shit that's actually reasonable in-universe: the jump" which is what it's looking like people want
>>
>>48154378
I honestly don't give a shit about shard rebalancing. I just think enforcing the manton limit postjump is possibly the worst decision he could make in updating his jump.
>>
Why not just leave it as it is and have people to apply common sense? You don't need to use legalese for absolutely everything. People should expect perks/powers to be internally balanced.

If someone does something does something ridiculous, the thread will call them out on it and the offender leave or post a reaction image.
>>
>>48154406
Point out someone wanking omnipotence from any of the powers except the frictionless one. Go one. Look through the archives.

>>48154410
>Why not just leave it as it is
I fucking wish.
>>
>>48154379
By the way, just curious-what's the closest there is to a male Irene Adler in the Sherlock Holmes books? I fancy the perks but I'm planning on keeping my wiener so I was just curious if there was some other master thief/conman running around.
>>
>>48154410
>Common Sense

>/jc/

Pick one. And only one.
>>
>>48154217
>That's true, the drive pretty much only keeps the most recent version; is why I keep my own copies for my chain.
The drive USED to keep old versions, I know because you can still find some, lust not recently. Someone, somewhere just started doing a halfassed job and got lazy.

So, WHO is in charge of the Drive, and WHY is he NOT DOING HIS FUCKING JOB?

Deleting a version of a Jump that has been around for a year without Issue is pretty fucked up, especially when a new version causes a shitstorm.

The drive is supposed to be for everyone, not "Old Versions Don't Count" Wankers.
>>
>>48154379
What 'no limits' are you nerfing? It just reads like paranoia leading to a nerf rather than something that actually happened.
>>
File: You must be new here.jpg (46KB, 543x352px) Image search: [Google]
You must be new here.jpg
46KB, 543x352px
>>48154410
>have people to apply common sense
>>
File: 1402799231793.jpg (116KB, 389x960px) Image search: [Google]
1402799231793.jpg
116KB, 389x960px
>>48154395
>An angry person might be reasoned with
>>
>>48154395
You say that, but I haven't seen many people trying to reason with him. All I've seen is people insulting him and grossly misinterpreting his statements.

If you want to claim he can't be reasoned with, prove it. Try to reason with him right now, without resorting to insults. I'm going to consider it an admission of defeat if you try something like "I shouldn't have to justify myself to him" or "it's obvious why I'm right."
>>
>>48154451
He's never been able to deny his statement that he's intentionally adding new limits and difficulties when he promised before he wasn't making nerfs.
>>
>>48154406
>Muh spirit of the setting
>Muh limits for the sake of interjump balance, with other jumps internal balance as justification for interjump balance
Fuck off, I never want to see another Fallout happen in these threads, especially not to Worm.
>>
>>48154419
I'm not saying they're wanking omnipotence. That's not the issue. It's when powers get grossly overplayed, like the ever-present PtV meaning "I can't lose"
>>48154425
...I think there might be Lupin, but I'm not Worm and I haven't read that jump
I imagine that Lupin's a reasonable foe, though.
>>
>>48154477
>I'm not saying they're wanking omnipotence.
You invoked a no limits fallacy. No limits = omnipotence.
>>
>>48154463
You claimed he couldn't be reasoned with.
You were challenged to try and reason with him to prove it's impossible.
You didn't try to reason with him and instead merely restated your claim that he can't be reasoned with.

That looks really bad, it gives the impression that you know your position isn't strong, but you're trying to defend it anyway.
>>
>>48154407
Oh, really? Actually I agree with that part.

>>48154410
Because common sense is incredibly uncommon.

>>48154419
I'm not going to trawl through hundreds of threads of autism for you, anon.

But aside from the frictionless one I remember some misunderstandings re: Path to Victory and a lot of wank re: Iterative Improvement, Soft Phyiscs and Thanatos (in terms of what's retained from higher level opponents, and some confusion over mental abilities) just from the few I remember.
>>
>>48154436
>The drive USED to keep old versions
No it didn't. I've been here for years. No we didn't.
>>
>>48154495
>I'm not going to trawl through hundreds of threads
>I'm not going to prove my point
>>
>>48154497
This. I suspect you and I are on different sides of the argument, but I can confirm this is true at least.
>>
>>48154476
...Actually I see your point but I willing to trust Worm Anon.
God I never want to see another fallout or Doctor Who limitation again.
>>
>>48154477
I mean I'm not the anon, but I think I can count one person that legitimately thought PTV was a "I win" button and even then people shut him down on it, hell I picked it up and knew damn well that shit was weaker than its canon counterpart. It's definitely not an ever-present thing. Ever-present confusion and questions,yes. But wanking? Not really from what I've seen.
>>
>>48154513
Well, you aren't either so.

Takes one to know one, famiglio. Unless you're seriously going to sit here and argue your unsubstantiated claim is stronger than mine because everyone should shut up and listen to you.
>>
>>48154476
>Muh power grab
>Muh keeping broken vaguely written perks for the sheer purpose of exploiting wording like a legalese prick
I'm not saying anything like keeping the Manton effect. I'd just rather this not be something like Iron Heart Surge where it does a LOT more than it ever should have because the wording wasn't careful enough.
>>
>>48154497
And yet:
1: Jumpchain has not been around for "Years" unless you use the smallest increment of years possible.
2: There are old versions of Jumps on the Drive.
3: There is no we, just you making shit up.
>>
>>48154536
You're the one making an assertion, and thus the one that has to find proof.
>>
>>48154518
>God I never want to see another fallout or Doctor Who limitation again.

What does that mean?
>>
Just got back from vacation, presenting Kingdom Hearts Build. Also, first time i've ever done a build on my phone. wew.
----------------------------------------------------
>>Kingdom Hearts (1000)
Identity (15 y/o)
1000>Rolled 4- Traverse Town -000
0700>Wielder -000
0700>Bipedal Animal -000
Perks
0700>Tema Del Jumper -000
0700>JRPG Style, Magical Potential, Hit It! -000
0700>A Heart to Call my Own -000
0700>Choose Wisely- Sword (Free Wielder) -000
0550>Don't Ever Change (Discount Wielder) -150
0550>Dive Into the Heart (Free Wielder) -000
0250>Light My Way (Discount Wielder) -300
0050>Last Chance (Discount Wielder) -200
-100>BattleAtTheCentreOfTheHeart (Disc. Wielder)-150
-700>A Key to Any Lock -600
Items, Training Weapons, and Weapons
0600>Nomura Brand Outfit x1 -000
0600>Paopu Fruit Seeds (Free Wielder) -000
0450>Jiminy's Journal+ Re:Coding (Disc. Wielder)-150
0050>Tent+ Camping Set+ Cottage -400
0000>Unlimited Sea Salt Ice Cream -050
-800>All Training Weapons x1 (2 free) -100
-800>Struggle Bats (100pt free) -100
-800>Keyblade (Free Wielder) -000
Keyblade (15kp)
0012>Import- Agonizer -003
0012>Medium Length and Weight, Sharp -000
0011>Hook -001
0010>Stand Your Ground -001
0009>Ornate- Engravings -001
0006>Elemental Key- Fire -003
0003>Dual Elements- Time -003
0003>Lady Luck- Free -000
0001>Summon Boost -002
0000>STR Boost -001
cont
>>
File: 1316746153632.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1316746153632.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>48154543
>1: Jumpchain has not been around for "Years"
Okay how obvious is it that you're bait?
>>
>>48154553
Well for fallout it is written into the jump that you have all your powers nerfed into the ground by default, no Idea how that is relevant though.
>>
>>48154281
Yes, apparently. You are.
>>
>>48154379
>caused a lot of] salt in the thread
Kind of like you making nerfs has.
>>
>>48154463
Here's a hint anon, if you are putting words into my mouth, taking things in the worst way possible, and just leveling accusations then when I don't respond, it's because we're not talking. You're firing shots and I'm passing you by for the people who are actually trying to talk to me and persuade me instead of just yelling.

>>48154419
Not that I can think of, though honestly it's more focused on the movies as Marvel_Anon pointed out, hence why the focus of the jump got changed.

>>48154490
What he's saying guys, if you want me to engage with you then you need to be talking and not just throwing accusations. Believe it or not I read every post you guys are making, even if I don't respond.
>>
>>48154544
>>48154419 is an assertion.
>>
>>48154596
>if you are putting words into my mouth
No need, you said yourself you were adding new limitations and difficulties to nerf the powers.
>>
>There are many places of great power across Erebus, sites of incredible value to anyone who can hold them. Thanks to the interference of a certain someone, a few of these locations can be moved to near your new home...

>You may choose one for free, a second for 300 CP and a third for 600 CP.

Do the "lands" purchasable in Age of Ice follow you post-jump? Because that's a shit-ton of CP to shell out if they don't.
>>
>>48154610
No, it's a query.
>>
>>48154557
Companions- Shau'
0600>Local Hero -000
0600>The Best Defence, Glide (Free Local Hero) -000
0600>Our Hearts are Connected (Free Trinity) -000
0550>Team Diagnostics (Discount Local Hero) -050
0550>Team Diagnostics (Discount Local Hero) -050
0550>Percussive Maintenance (Free Trinity) -000
0350>My Friends Are My Power! (Disc. Local Hero)-200
0350>Cool Skateboard -000
0050>Gummi Ship+ Gummi Shipyard -300
0000>Deck of Cards -050
Companions- Goon
0600>Nobody (Free Trinity) -000
0600>Tema del Jumper, Tema del Mondi -000
0600>JRPG Style, Magical Potential, Hit It! -000
0600>A Heart to Call my Own -000
0600>Hazy Reflection, Absent Silhouette -000
0600>Aspect of Oblivion, Corridors of Darkness -000
0600>You Are Nobody (Free Nobody) -000
0500>End of Day (Discount Nobody) -100
0450>Empty Hearts (Discount Nobody) -050
0350>The Summons That Never Were (Disc. Nobody) -100
0250>Fortress of Nothingness (Disc. Nobody) -100
0000>World of Nothingness (Disc. Nobody) -250
Goon Nobody Customization
0015>Nothingness Physiology -000
0014>Large -001
0012>Extra Extremities x2 -002
0012>Distortion -000
0012>Nobody was Kung Fu Fighting -000
0012>Melee Weapon- Spear?(Free AbsentSilhouette)-000
0012>Elemental Melee (Free Aspect of Oblivion) -000
0008>Speed Boost x4- Really, Really Fast -004
0005>Durability x3- Ridiculous Amount of HP -003
0002>Air Walking+ Solid Sea -003
0000>Magic+ Charge Up -002
Drawbacks
-800>They Come (Mandatory Keyblade) -000
-600>Empty +200
-400>Grinding Loot +200
-100>Plot Bound +300
0000>Paopu Pursuer +100
----------------------------------------------------
>>
>>48154596
>Not that I can think of, though honestly it's more focused on the movies

I think you meant to quote me, not that other saltshaker. I was the one asking about male!Ireme Adler. But thanks.
>>
>>48154596
>Believe it or not I read every post you guys are making

>Worm_Anon saw my erotic jumpmaker fanfiction
>FUCK
>>
>>48154632
And you're a pedant. And that's why nobody will ever listen to you.

>>48154631
Yep, they do.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>48154646

I better have been in it.
>>
>>48154639
My bad anon, kind of scrambling to keep things straight right now, I'm multitasking like a motherfucker. Sorry about that.

>>48154646
I did anon, and I just want you to know...

It's perfectly natural, you're special and beautiful just the way you are.
>>
>>48154281
There's a fundamental difference in the scale of the assumption though. You can safely assume you'd be able to use what you might think is planet busting, and no one really cares because that's just the atmosphere of the thread at this point, but you should assume by default that time travel is absolutely impossible, and that even in settings where it is a thing, that you won't be able to use it.
>>
>>48154596
How can you be engaged when you can't refute the central issue in the first place? No real response to how you said you were nerfing things, just you pretending you didn't say it.
>>
>>48154646
Kek, I remember when that actually happened in thread ages ago

And before you ask no, I don't have a link.
>>
>>48154660
As warehouse additions? Or can I just plop them down wherever I feel?
>>
>>48154553
In fallout all your perk and abilities are weaker in the jump and for Doctor Who, The Doctor prevent you from getting your hand on future technology and from understanding alien science. I mean understand why the jumpmaker did it for Doctor Who but those limitation took any reason why I would want to go there.
>>
>>48154677
>It's perfectly natural, you're special and beautiful just the way you are.
You don't have to lie, it's okay to say you didn't read it.
>>
>>48154693
They just kinda...plop down near your starting location, if I remember correctly. Not in the Warehouse.
>>
>>48154685
Just shut up already. If he really is nerfing things, you'll get your chance to lynch him when he posts the fucking update. Don't fucking shit up the thread until you have the evidence of a nerf having been imposed to bitch about.
>>
>>48154553
And Dr. Who had a "You won't be able to figure out how ANY technology/magic you encounter works" because the Doctor will stop you.
So, a "You Fail Forever" by writer fiat that invalidates an arbitrary huge number of your jumps and feats.

Basically, both jumps were written by Railroading Unclever BadWrongFunFags
>>
>>48154705
Heh. So I can have literally hell appear next to the hidden-elf village?
>>
>>48154596
I wanna waifu Worm_Anon.
I'm actually looking forward to the update.
>>
>>48154716
There's no reason not to call out bullshit when you see it. There's not a waiting period on it.
>>
>>48154699
>The Doctor prevent you from getting your hand on future technology and from understanding alien science
I think there was some clarification that the Doctor does that because that's just what he does, and that you can do whatever you want if you leave him.

Maybe it's supposed to be less like a nerf, and more like a "hey, this guy's going to do this thing because that's what he does?"

I don't know, I don't remember the ruling and clarifications very clearly.
>>
>>48154705
>>48154693

...Man that must be WEIRD in certain settings.
I got Darkest Estate from Darkest Dungeon and I keep boggling at how that thing manifests in shit like EVO or in space settings like Sunrider
>>
>>48154735
You haven't actually seen any bullshit yet, you just think there's going to be bullshit.

You're the anon who cried bullshit.
>>
>>48154699
So you have to be bribed to go on ten years of amazing adventures through space and time? That's sad, anon. That's real sad.
>>
>>48154751
Worm has said there will be bullshit.
>>
>>48154735
Yeah, but you should probably wait until a nerf is actually in front of you before you fill the thread with rabies.
>>
>>48154754
You just suck at negotiating. Of course you should try to get people to bribe you if you can get away with it.
>>
>>48154740
That's what he does in the fucking TV series.

But because Jumper's special, obviously The Doctor should just bend over the TARDIS' control console and let Jumper ream as they please.
>>
>>48154725
Can you at least use a scanner or something? Like from iji?
>>
>>48154756
Worm has said there will be clarifications. So basically you wanked everywhere and now he has to mop it up.
>>
>>48154596
Well as long as the update doesn't kill my Sword Note Sword or take away the social perks I am happy with what ever you do.

I took Iterative Improvement solely to dump all my charge into a sword with the effects of Impart Swordsmanship, Auto React, Ranged Cutting, and Glow Blue When Doing Stuff.
>>
>>48154776
No, he said limitations and difficulties will be added.
>>
>>48154754
I can do that on my own since in magic super scion in my chain at this point, I don't like flat fiat rulings that in one setting in particular, you simply lose/cannot do a thing just because.
>>
>>48154685
Again, taking what i said in the worst light possible and acting like it's the irrefutable truth. If you make assumptions then it's your problem, not mine. I'm focusing on talking with the people who are trying to HELP make the update better instead of crying wolf.

If I say that I did some digging in the backyard and somebody screams that I was burying a body, it's not my problem that they're overreacting.

I told you that wasn't what I was doing, and all you did was point back and say that I totally admitted to it, so I was lying. At which point....you're convinced of your opinion and it's pointless trying to tell you otherwise.

>>48154734
Glad to hear anon.

That you're excited about the update! I-it's not like I like you or anything you baka!
>>
File: I don't understand any of this.png (398KB, 664x375px) Image search: [Google]
I don't understand any of this.png
398KB, 664x375px
At this rate arent you guys just preparing to give it the preconceived notion that its going to be terrible regardless of what it does
>>
>>48154780
>Dumping all your stats into a sword
You know you're going to be screwed when you have to fight someone with a lance, right?
>>
>>48154795
>worst light possible
>Taking what you said at face value is the 'worst possible light'
>>
>>48150508
Thanks for the answer boss, and I kinda came up with a really strange headcannon for that after I read up on the kosenjō no hi. Basically, the ghostly orbs of fire that float over large battlefields. I equated them with the Fairies because KanMusume bullshit, since technically, the shipgirls should actually count as minor goddesses thanks to their reincarnation and response to the prayers of humanity.

> Fairies represent the souls of the crew of the shipgirl when they were still alive, as a result, they go through the same cycles as actual crewmen. They appear (get recruited), go through their battles, their days off, and then disappear. It's one of the things that the Navy looks out for when searching for newly born KanMusume, stories of hauntings when a certain girl is around. Often times, bored shipgirls train their fairies to do odd things, a prim example being Kongou, having trained her Fairies to set up a tea table with the accompanying snacks and tea at exactly 4:30pm.

> Now in Kirishima's case, due to the fact that my adventures take us through the Dream Border, and that we have a residence there we can use for increasingly long amounts of time, her Fairies can manifest all over the place. They've been helping out with the Housework so far, but at the end of the day, they are meant for war.

So, in a sense, the Fairy are kind of the extension of the shipgirl's power, but tend act independently. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well enough here, but that's basically how I figure it works.
>>
>>48154796
Basically, we're setting up a self-fulfilling prophecy.

And we - once again - won't take responsibility.
>>
>>48154786
Can you even bother to quote the offending post?
That's not a street sign captcha, it's a fucking taxi
>>
>>48154828
ctrl f, I already quoted them multiple times.
>>
>>48154795
If you take the Biotinker or Biosculpter power and unleash a "big boobs" plague upon Earth Bet, do you think that'd be enough to get you an S-Class threat level?
>>
>>48154793
Yeah, fuck fiat rulings. I should have unlimited companion slots, 5600 points, and a free blowjob each Jump.
>>
>>48154806
I don't care, I fell in love with the sword when I read that webcomic. I want to duplicate it no matter what.
>>
>>48154837
Not verbatim. You quoted what you interpreted the offending post as saying.
>>
>>48154842
Like you wouldn't believe anon, any kind of plague power is scary as hell, and you can expect people to be gunning for you.
>>
>>48154846
>a free blowjob each Jump.
That exists, they're called waifus.
>>
>>48154633
Now, I don't know shit about Kingdom Hearts. BUT I plan on following the plot and storyline and helping out as much as I can. This was a strong developing time for my companions, who up until now weren't getting any sort of CP assist. They're grateful I'm sure. They Come will just keep me in with the plot. Empty is fun. If i knew what that was. Luckily Goon got that drawback as well (because fuck you for criticizing my drawback masochism) Grinding Loot gives some downtime for the MCs to get stuff done, and for trial runs with new powers.

I know Shau' is real into in verse cars and ships, so Gummi Ship+Yard is almost exclusively hers. She gets some group work perks as well. Her charisma perks along with those should come in handy for some small teamwork. Saved from the Empty drawback because I couldn't do that to a Dark Eldar.

Goon gets some summons. Nothing much to elaborate on. He's a lovable idiot that is invariably loyal. He's incredibly durable already, But as a more or less guard, he needs more than just him. This can work probably. Some Big ol Grimm looking gorilla hounds that look cool probably. One of them has wings.
>>
>>48154855
No, I quoted the offending lines too.
>>
>>48154859
>Unleash a boob plague
>People start trying to kill you
No wonder the world of Worm sucks so much.
>>
>>48154795
I think getting you to not nerf all the powers would be making the update better.
>>
>>48154859
Is something like>>48154780 possible with Iterative Improvement?
>>
>>48154846
>and a free blowjob each Jump.
First, setting your sights a little low at one blowjob per 10 years
Second
>not getting free blowjobs
Do you not understand waifu companions, harem perks, as well as charisma and appearance buffs?
>>
>>48154895
Perfectly doable. Have fun anon.
>>
>>48154908
>Only responds to posts sucking his dick now.
>>
>>48154906
Or duplication abilities?
>>
>>48154869
Every single thing he's said has been "I was too vague, I need to clarify." You're just being an asshole who interprets anything less than the loosest possible interpretation as a nerf.

Not that nerfs are a bad thing considering one of the perks is "nobody can predict anything you're going to do no matter how obvious" and another is "everything you do has a net positive effect."
>>
>>48154924
No, he said he wanted to add more limitations and difficulties. Are you blind?
>>
>>48154906
>First, setting your sights a little low at one blowjob per 10 years
You're right, we should only focus on the highest standards of
>Pecks on the cheek
>Cuddling
>Ruffling of one another's hair
>And handholding
>>
>>48154893
I think getting him to nerf about half the powers would be making the update better. If a power is stronger than Queen Administrator then it should be cut down to that level.
>>
>>48154919
>A question is sucking someone's dick
>>
>>48154919
Dude, just fuck off. There's nothing wrong with answering questions about limits of abilities, and he's been responding to posts all thread.
>>
>>48154958
Only positive ones.
>>
>>48154924
>"nobody can predict anything you're going to do no matter how obvious"
Yeah, I just want to chime in that I think that's a bit too extreme, it'd probably be better if it just made you immune to precog and made you ridiculously good at countering people's predictions. As it is, it's a bit too much like an actual power for my tastes, as opposed to a perk.

However, being literally impossible to predict would make for a lovely stranger power.
>>
>>48154919
Don't we regularly get told not to feed the trolls?

>>48154947
Are you? Or are you just trolling at this point?
>>
>>48154972
Now that's just blatantly untrue.
>>
>>48154984
>Are you?
No, you just keep willfully ignoring what he said in that post and has been trying to ignore since.
>>
>>48154951
Stop fetishposting.

You perv.
>>
>>48154908
Yay, I have already gotten clarification on all the other powers I am interested from you in the past so I can stop worrying about my or my companion's builds breaking. Now I can look forward to the update without freaking out about it.
>>
>>48154893
>>48154919
Only YOU think that's the case. You're the one who thinks that any little tweak to the powers is bad at all, I can agree with something like "No Manton effect" or whatever but you're saying so much as changing the WORDING is a nerf
which is something someone only cares about if they're exploiting bad wording
Which is what I'm /guessing/ you're doing.
unless you're getting angry on other people's behalf
in which case
do you want a medal
>>
>>48154998
Prepare for nerfs. This guy can't keep what he says in his posts straight, you're not safe.
>>
>>48154846
I really feel like the No Limits fallacy has been invoked incorrectly by these shitposters so much to the point of turning it into an entirely different fallacy that they're perpetuating themselves.

At this point, the No Limit fallacy has transformed into the assertion than not wanting explicit limitations in one context or another means you don't want any limitations at all, in any context what so ever, to the point of literal omnipotence.
>>
>>48154972
He's responded to a fuckton of negative ones. They just aren't adding anything. They're repeating the same lie over and over hoping it becomes the truth. So fuck off and stop pissing yourself because he won't respond to the fiftieth time you've whined about the same thing.
>>
>>48155009
>Only YOU
More like 'Only naive idiots who refuse to read his words are defending him and everyone else is in the wait and see camp'
>>
>>48154859
>any kind of plague power is scary as hell, and you can expect people to be gunning for you

And this is why the world is going to end. Endbringers are destroying infrastructure, and Panacea is burning out being useless in a hospital. When she could be making strains to cure all disease, and biological infrastructure that builds itself. And she in not immune to PtV, so that power knows what she can do. Have I mentioned PtV is NOT your friend, at least the way Contessa uses it...
>>
>>48155013
Well I refuse to be so pessimistic and will refrain from angry shitposting until he actually does something that fucks my build.
>>
>>48155035
Whiners like you literally add nothing to the thread. Why are you still here?
>>
>>48155048
Store up your anger then
>>
>>48153750
This thread.

Didn't happen.
>>
>>48155066
That's just going to lead to more shitposting when you try that.
>>
>>48155066
People tried that before. They failed.

Nobody can hide their sins because of the mysterious force of blind vengeance known as the 4plebs archive.
>>
>>48155035
Well guess what.
You aren't making the jump. You aren't doing anything but saying "Stawp it you stupid cunt."
You're saying "I don't want anything changed."
and guess what? You're gonna be disappointed. Cry. Bitch. Moan. Just be aware that's ALL you're capable of actually accomplishing here the way you're going now
I read his words.
I just don't have your brain and I don't see things the way you do, that "changing the wording" means "Oh he's gonna fucking nerf it I bet" you paranoid idiot
So.
Again.
Have fun knowing that you're completely discredited here. If you wanna blame Worm for that, do so
But that's ALL you're gonna accomplish.
>>
>>48155085
Be aware that when other people see the nerfs, he's going to get crucified again.
>>
>>48155014
But it's the truth. Any sort of limit is seen as an atrocity now. Jump feel is completely rejected for power grabs. If you can't kill the strongest person in the setting with one punch day one, you're literally worthless and the Jumpmaker is a nerfer.

I'm not even exaggerating or arguing, these are genuinely things people have been arguing. Limits are bad, restrictions are bad, and any Jump with any of those is worthless. Deny it all you want, you know it's true.
>>
>>48155049
He's hoping to pull an SMT and make enough whining and screaming at a Jumpmaker will make them renege in their favor.
>>
>>48155066
I'll make sure to point it out and forcefully make the thread face their sins until you get the thread number right, because fuck you.
>>
>>48155108
Because pointless, idiotic nerfs are bad and have been declared bad since the start, newfag.
>>
>>48155096
I genuinely wouldn't blame him if he completely ignores the thread. Nothing it says is worth a damn anymore anyway.
>>
>>48155096
Yeah. By you. and people like you.
Don't put your feelings and dumb wants as his responsibility.
>>
>>48155133
Ignoring the thread means your jump doesn't go on the drive.
>>
>>48155108
You are engaging in intellectual dishonestly with this post. You are shitposting.
>>
>>48155119
You've been making that argument for three years, and you're never going to win.
>>
File: o4ddgdM.jpg (160KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
o4ddgdM.jpg
160KB, 800x800px
So Jumpers,

Which U.S. President would you take as a companion?

I have to go with Teddy Roosevelt, he seems like he'd be a fun guy to go adventuring with.
>>
>>48155137
>How dare people hate shitty nerfs made a year later? How dare they.
>>
>>48155040
Worm only really makes sense because of the "magic space worms are making everyone crazy" justification. Even then, there's still a bunch of stuff that doesn't add up.
>>
>>48155143
I'll put it on the drive even if it's nerfs all the way down, just to spite the thread. I love it when you guys bitch.
>>
>>48155143
Aw, that's cute. You think you matter. You don't. If Worm wants it updated, it's updating, and you can't stop it.
>>
>>48155154
>Anon proves my only real point in that this is not new.
Thanks

>>48155176
You do realize it'd get deleted, right? Like when you put spacebattles things on the drive without input?
>>
>>48155143
He's not ignoring it, he's just able to tell an idiot from someone who's actually trying to improve the jump.
>>
>>48154908
Something something nerfbat something
I need a face claim for my waifu now. What's your avatar Worm_Anon?
>>
>>48155157
Andrew Jackson. Just because I want to see his patented brand of insane violence be unleashed upon the multiverse.
>>
File: 1418315874376.png (175KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1418315874376.png
175KB, 848x900px
>>48155191
>>
>>48155157
>>
>>48155190
Then why did he keep sucking up to the manton limit obsessed idiot?
>>
>>48155144
World of Darkness. The fact that there are cosmic horrors and you can't be on their level means the entire Jump is worthless. Remember that? If not you're either brand new or a liar.
Thread posts: 689
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.